The Ashes | 2nd Test | Adelaide | Day 4 | 6/12/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarke refuses the double - he wants some of Finn as well

"You don't see him bat in a short sleeve shirt much.. if ever"

WTH Nicholas?!! :)))

everyone wants the oppurtunity to look good batting against finn
that's what a homegrown english cricketer is like

Wider of the crease, good tactic but well played.

That was another rank long hop by Swann and dealt with very aggressively. Four more to Watson.

No excuses for this lack of control Swann has kept showing every few overs, he's not a legspinner.

That was another rank long hop by Swann and dealt with very aggressively.

No excuses for this lack of control Swann has kept showing, he's not a legspinner.

He has bowled a lot of overs on the trot now

Willing to excuse him for the odd poor ball

Better length by Finn now. He's actually been economical today.

Rain intervention needed really from an Aussie point of view

Nicely glanced away by Watson. Anthing too straight and he picks it very quickly.

In the meantime, Nicholas blabbers on and on

Great shot, a bit risky against the spin but he got to the pitch. 4 to Clarke. Nice little knock by him so far, good news for Australia that he might be finding a bit of form.

Watson seems to have this flaw in his temperament. He gets to 50 and then switches off. He then gets into the 90s and gets extremely tense.

Needs to work on converting starts. Same with Katich.

Hussey needs to do something amazing, better than the first test, probably.

It was a straight ball from Finn - was totally harmless

Can't believe Watson edged it :facepalm:

Finn was Watson's favourite bowler - guess not anymore lol.

I don't see Hussey doing it thrice in a row

Especially seeing the amount of help Swann is getting

hes going to get the left handers sooner or later and in North's case its definitely going to be sooner

LOL @ the crowd. So much for home advantage.

Looks like the Australian public have left this team to rot. Barmy Army has taken over.

Watson seems to have this flaw in his temperament. He gets to 50 and then switches off. He then gets into the 90s and gets extremely tense.

Needs to work on converting starts. Same with Katich.

Might have something to do with having to bowl as well. We need to think about putting him down the order if he can't make more than 60.

Anyway, 3 down hopefully we can stretch this into a 5th day but we are not going to draw without rain. Apocalypse coming for Aus cricket we are in disarray.

Put it this way, if The North comes out, the game will be in England's pocket.

I don't see Hussey doing it thrice in a row

Especially seeing the amount of help Swann is getting

hes going to get the left handers sooner or later and in North's case its definitely going to be sooner

Lolz....that's right

Where was this Hussey all this time?

Looks like rediscovering his positive side has also meant the return of form.
Should never have gone as defensive as he did - glad for him hes seen the light

Well its a problem for Australia because they have no real candidates to replace Watson as openers unless they go with The North (lulz). Watson is also one of their better fast bowlers at the mo as well.

Well its a problem for Australia because they have no real candidates to replace Watson as openers unless they go with The North (lulz). Watson is also one of their better fast bowlers at the mo as well.

If they want to follow this strategy its going to be pretty simple then

Drop North, get in Hughes or Khawaja and shift Watson to 6

But I don't see the need to move down whats working

I'd say that's another 'good thing' for England. Tremlett > Broad.

Owww, almost guided it straight to slip. Big, big turn.

Hughes is there....

the perfect position for watson to play @ 4 or 5
and drop North

nicely played for a single wide off mid on

I keep thinking they'll run past one but these Aus bats keep hitting it. Impressive against Swann.

21 overs on the trot (seperated by lunch) for Swann

I wouldnt say his concentration issues are related to his bowling or batting at the top. He has always has those, no? They have a good combination going right now and need to stick with it. Will help if the middle order batsmen can contribute too and take the pressure off the openers.

Good ball by Finn, just got it to go away from round the wicket. Slips could be in business here, or maybe gully.

Oh dear - the Aussies in a spot of bother - they need to pray for rain asap otherwise they are stuffed

Game of cat and mouse between Swann and Clarke.

"Severe weather warnings for rain and hail are being reported for Adelaide on the ABC radio coverage," Steven tells us. "Have to be hopeful."

I guess the Aussie fans are busy with the rain dance

Clarke showing good temperament in a real pressure cooker situation. Still playing his shots and trying to bat as naturally as he can.

Be a shame if the weather denies us

Finn is utterly bizarre. Never looks too threatening but his average and strike rate are unreal. Worth his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back