"The Big 3 boards are sons of pigs": Ijaz Butt

Sakss

Test Debutant
Runs
Ijaz Butt speaking today alongside Sethi

"Most of the boards don't have cricketers as their chairmen, but unfortunately, we are an exception"

"A chairman should have the ability to run the board"

"I will advise Mr. Najam Sethi, but media should also support him"

"I have always been criticized during my tenure"

"Inshallah, Mr. Najam Sethi will eliminate player power as well"

"Mr. Najam Sethi has discussed the Big 3 issue with me, but we won't take any decision right away"

"I totally agree with Mr. Najam Sethi and I have advised him not to disclose anything before matter is developed"

"Don't quote it LIVE; the big 3 boards are sons of pigs"

"I have come to the PCB office for the first time since I left"

"I have not had any contact with Mr. Zaka Ashraf apart from one I had socially"

Last edited by a moderator:
"I will advise Mr. Najam Sethi, but media should also support him"

Why? Do you want him to break your record as the worst chairman in pcb history.
"I have always been criticized during my tenure"

Do you even know half the stuff you pulled during your tenure

"Inshallah, Mr. Najam Sethi will eliminate player power as well"

I think if anything it will increase. Player power can never end from our system.

"Mr. Najam Sethi has discussed the Big 3 issue with me, but we won't take any decision right away"

Sethi is making a big mistake discussing anything with you.

"I totally agree with Mr. Najam Sethi and I have advised him not to disclose anything before matter is developed"

Then why are you disclosing that you have not made any decision and are helping him. Keep it shut to help forget.
"Don't quote it LIVE; the big 3 boards are sons of pigs"
You see its stuff like this. :faceplam: :facepalm: :facepalm:

:facepalm: why would you say that it's just down right disgusting and pathetic!!.

You were criticized because your tenure was hell for us, decreasing player power is a dream can forget about it and for god's sake who would take advice of this guy out of all people :facepalm:

Ah yes Ijaz Butt the biggest buffoon I have ever seen. Missed the old chump and his hilarious antics it gave me something to laugh about. Speaking to the media in a live press conference and says "dont quote me live" :)) . What comedy.

They must be very big pigs! I expect you'd need a very large pig sty to keep those pigs content.

PCB chairmen and their statements, lol.

They need to control this random statements. Even during this whole Big 3 Saga, I don't recall anyone other board officails making non-stop accusations in front of media.

Wow this guy comes from nowhere and try his best to make life even more difficult for PCB.

I thought he had already done a great job of destroying PCB in his tenure but he keeps coming back and for another shot at it. Who let him out of the house?

I know most of the pakistanis dont think of him as their representative but man it has to stop somewhere. Ex players and officials should be banned to give public statements regarding other teams and boards.

I wonder how would he have reacted if some other board called him or PCB a pig? May be few burnt down KFCs and protest in front of embassies.

these kind of media game brings nothing but problems for PCB, and they wonder why PCB gets isolated.

A man who is known to eat round the clock, unable to move much and gained wait like an animal calling others pig. how ironic.

I want to ask this.

I watched the youtube video (link mentioned above).

Ijaz Butt and Najam Sethi are openly giving this interview and when Ijaz Butt made this statement, Sethi was smiling.

Are they SOOOOOO STUPID to understand that media will make it known all over the world and everyone will see what they said?

I mean, cmon.

If this was a private leaked video or something I understand.

But how can you make a media statement like this and then go to negotiate with India, Eng and Aus?

This truly takes the "bakery".

I know most of the pakistanis dont think of him as their representative but man it has to stop somewhere. Ex players and officials should be banned to give public statements regarding other teams and boards.

I wonder how would he have reacted if some other board called him or PCB a pig? May be few burnt down KFCs and protest in front of embassies.

these kind of media game brings nothing but problems for PCB, and they wonder why PCB gets isolated.

A man who is known to eat round the clock, unable to move much and gained wait like an animal calling others pig. how ironic.

Hahaha.

Wow this guy comes from nowhere and try his best to make life even more difficult for PCB.

I thought he had already done a great job of destroying PCB in his tenure but he keeps coming back and for another shot at it. Who let him out of the house?

Unfortunately some people just have the talent.

#IshantSharma

i think its better if that was deleted, this is just going to create more controversies, and bring a bad name for Pakistan...........

lol and zaka got sensi when giles clarke said that pcb chairmen's change every other day.

Ijaz butt is/ was / will always be a tool, I dont know why PCB's current chairman, sethi, is giving credibility to the tool by participating in the same interview as him.

Easily the worst chairman in Pakistani Cricket history

lol and zaka got sensi when giles clarke said that pcb chairmen's change every other day.

Ijaz butt is/ was / will always be a tool, I dont know why PCB's current chairman, sethi, is giving credibility to the tool by participating in the same interview as him.

Not just participating.

He looked like he had the same views and was smiling.

Ok, its understandable but do it closed door.

No need to be a moron.

You are right. When the heat is turned on them, they get sensitive.

What Ijaz said is a million times more crappy than what that CA chairman said.

Do these guys realize what they have done?

They have to face that Srini bull now.

As if that guy didn't have enough opportunities to show his power.

Last edited:
If it was any other board, and their ex-chairman said something like this, then I am pretty sure that they would have issued an official media release with an apology, and say that they do not represent these views.

And what does our current chairman Najam Sethi do? Just standing next to him.

PCB distances itself from Butt's controversial remark

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) moved quickly on Tuesday to distance itself from a reference to India, England and Australia made by former chairman Ijaz Butt.

Butt, head of the PCB between 2008-11, made the comment as he came out of the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore after a meeting with current chairman Najam Sethi to discuss the structural changes at the International Cricket Council (ICC) ruling body.

Pakistan abstained from voting in favour of the changes at an ICC meeting in Singapore earlier this month, and has opposed the reforms which effectively hand control of world cricket to India, Australia and England.

Asked on live television what he thought about the ‘Big Three’ boards, Butt made a controversial reference to them.

A PCB official reacted speedily to Butt’s remark by saying: “It’s his opinion not the board’s. We have no more comment to make”.

Butt added that Pakistan now needed to safeguard their own interests in world cricket. “Every board is looking after its own interests and that is what we also must do,” he said.

Sethi has been meeting former heads of the PCB on the ‘Big Three’ issue after taking over as chairman last week. He has made it clear that Pakistan will be reviewing their stance on the ICC changes.

Source: http://tribune.com.pk/story/673367/pcb-distances-itself-from-butts-sons-of-pigs-remark/

Easily the worst chairman in Pakistani Cricket history

That's an understatement. Was terrible chairman and even this comment was one of many rubbish comments :ibutt

Last edited:
This is shocking, although maybe a little lost in the translation

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) moved quickly on Tuesday to distance itself from a reference to India, England and Australia made by former chairman Ijaz Butt.

Butt, head of the PCB between 2008-11, made the comment as he came out of the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore after a meeting with current chairman Najam Sethi to discuss the structural changes at the International Cricket Council (ICC) ruling body.

Pakistan abstained from voting in favour of the changes at an ICC meeting in Singapore earlier this month, and has opposed the reforms which effectively hand control of world cricket to India, Australia and England.

Asked on live television what he thought about the ‘Big Three’ boards, Butt made a controversial reference to them.

A PCB official reacted speedily to Butt’s remark by saying: “It’s his opinion not the board’s. We have no more comment to make”.

Butt added that Pakistan now needed to safeguard their own interests in world cricket. “Every board is looking after its own interests and that is what we also must do,” he said.

Sethi has been meeting former heads of the PCB on the ‘Big Three’ issue after taking over as chairman last week. He has made it clear that Pakistan will be reviewing their stance on the ICC changes.

Source: http://tribune.com.pk/story/673367/pcb-distances-itself-from-butts-sons-of-pigs-remark/

Sethi standing next to Butt doesn't seem too much of a "distance" to me!

So let me recap the events unfolded at PCB in the past few days:

1)Sethi attends the first meeting with Big 3 and claims in news channel that ACB used bad words against Pakistan.

2)Sethi apologized to ACB within few hours

3)Najam Sethi terminated and court re appoints Zaka Ashraf.

4)Ashraf defied against 'Big 3' and claimed not to bow down infront of their tyrani.

5)Within 24 hours he wants a written confirmation from BCCI for Bilaterals.

6)In the 2nd ICC meeting (mind you the gap was <20days) Zaka Ashraf represents Pakistan, which was previously represented by Sethi.

7)When BCB signed the deal, Zaka accused them of backtracking and confirmed to media the 3 teams (SL, RSA and PAK) will stand like soldiers.

8)One Soldier (RSA) succumbed very soon and signed for Big 3.

9)Zaka returned home as a hero for his resistance.

10)Court terminated Zaka again and re hired Sethi.

11)Zaka blamed PCB for suing him bcoz of his resistance to BCCI.

12)Zaka blamed PM for not meeting him before the ICC meetings.

13)Amir Sohail who was once appointed as coach under Zaka got fired (even before his job started) and Moin appointed as head coach who was with the team during previous Sethi tenure.

14)Amir Sohail crying foul in media.

15)And here we are today Ijaz Butt calling Big 3 as pigs.

I need a coffee guys

:))) :))) :)))

This is unbelievable, im speechless! Is Mr Butt Sane?

Hahaha didn't expect anything less from this slapper, classic.

How to Win Friends and Influence People - Ijaz Butt style.

102477.jpg

Embarrassing stuff from Butt.

Whatever his own opinions are, he shouldn't be making such statements in public.

If you translate into the crude Punjabi words, it comes out bad, but what he meant in real words, all three of them are " bad boys".

Remember, in Punjabi, even a respectful word come across as a swear, but Butt is a loose cannon and most people know about him.

They have no shame.
The fact that this buffoon is allowed near the PCB is just so wrong.

You gotta admire this man sometimes. He is not afraid to call spade to spade. :jf

I still can't forget his masterpiece cliche, "Where is the proof"?

I am truly surprised.

That he chose to stand against corruption. The swearing was pretty expected.

Srilanka has also now joined the BIG 3. PCB is now all alone, with no international team willing to visit and no test cricket scheduled in the next 7 months or so. Still drama and the statements continue.

PCB distances itself from Butt's controversial remark

http://tribune.com.pk/story/673367/pcb-distances-itself-from-butts-sons-of-pigs-remark/

Glad PCB released the above statement. Seriously what kind of dumb a** person says that publicly when you know the situation is extremely sensitive.

Absolute moron of the highest regard, Imagine if this guy was chairman of a powerful board LOL

Glad PCB released the above statement. Seriously what kind of dumb a** person says that publicly when you know the situation is extremely sensitive.

I guess other boards are blind and won't see sethi standing next Ijaz butt.

Inside, many people would agree what he said about BIG 3 but we need to be politically correct sometimes.

Just goes to show the mental capability and incompetence of a person who was placed at top on one of the ONLY profitable govt/semi govt organizations in the nation. I doubt if he can even spell "professional" ... talk about being one.

I don't think there is anybody in the world who could have been more destructive to PCB than Ijaz Butt.

If you translate into the crude Punjabi words, it comes out bad, but what he meant in real words, all three of them are " bad boys".

Remember, in Punjabi, even a respectful word come across as a swear, but Butt is a loose cannon and most people know about him.

What are you talking about? The way he said it is the English equivalent of saying "all three of them are sons of b***es". It's pathetic... not that I could stand it before, but it's insane that this guy lead an organization. Scumbag. He's live in front of the media and says "dont quote me live" ..... the level of fail of this man is beyond epic.

Saj bhai, this is so embarassing, I wish you didn't post this =/ The truth, but it's really sad that guys like this led PCB. Shameless to the nth degree. At least have some composure when you're in front of the media!!!!

Last edited:
And then people say India wants to isolate us. We have such morons who run our government/institutions.

He said before saying that this is off the record, so I guess it's ok.

You can't give a live press conference on video to dozens of reporters and TV channels and say its off the record! That's INSANE.

Cricket-PCB distances itself from Butt's "sons of pigs" remark

he Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) moved quickly on Tuesday to distance itself from a "sons of pigs" reference to India, England and Australia made by former chairman Ijaz Butt.

Asked on live television what he thought about the 'Big Three' boards, Butt said: "Listen don't quote me but in my personal opinion all three are sons of pigs".

A PCB official reacted speedily to Butt's remark by saying: "It's his opinion not the board's. We have no more comment to make".

Butt added that Pakistan now needed to safeguard their own interests in world cricket.

"Every board is looking after its own interests and that is what we also must do," he said.

Sethi has been meeting former heads of the PCB on the 'Big Three' issue after taking over as chairman last week. He has made it clear that Pakistan will be reviewing their stance on the ICC changes.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/02/18/cricket-pakistan-idINL3N0LN44C20140218

The guy knows what he's talking about; he meant that the big 3 boards are great to invest into:
money-saved-in-piggy-bank.jpg

I feel like this guy is often misunderstood. The fact is, other boards could learn a thing or two from him when it comes to diplomacy.

As an Indian fan, I'd totally isolate what Butt saa'b is saying from all of Pakistan/ Pakistani cricket fans. If we were to start blaming a whole people on what some (ex) reps say, there will be no end to the recriminations.

Two, let the sensible Pakistanis deal with it by themselves. Plenty of responses here that speak to their embarrassment. Any implied racism, xenophobia is their issue to handle.

Three, Butt saa'b has insulted the boards....not India, England and Australia. There is a huge difference, so no need to feel insulted.

Fourth, Butt saa'b you are a 'lajand'. :)) As someone else said earlier, I would pay to see this man as head of BCCI. Can we elect him already?

Fifth, a pig is a living thing, why is calling someone a pig an insult? Given how brutal man is, the worst insult is to call someone a 'violent man'

Sixth, if relations between India and Pakistan were better, I'd be on the first plane tomorrow from Delhi to stand outside Butt saa'b house and say to him in my deepest, 'gravellest,' tones:

Oink.

Asked the media on live TV to not quote him on this :D Classic.

I don't think CA will be particularly offended.

Ya great move PCB, I'm sure this will lead to the big 3 agreeing to all your demands. PCB is an utterly useless organization and I wouldn't be opposed to the ICC suspending Pakistan until they overhaul the PCB. The longer it remains the PM's play-toy and the longer chairmen are selected on the basis of friendships Pakistan will continue to disgrace itself around the cricketing sphere.

how long before he apologize lol and why did najam let him speak i mean its time to be good and friendly with other boards but rather he is letting people like butt speak negative about other boards. not good for pakistan cricket.

Back