The Misbah-ul-Haq Captaincy Analysis Thread

There you have it folks.

A boy from Coventry has no idea which match Imran won for Pakistan in 1992. Perhaps this is why DV ranks Misbah with IK.

'Cricket Knowledge' indeed.

:)

Please name it.

I'm not from Coventry lol but nice to see you have been stalking my posts!

Come on I eagerly await the example of Imran winning the match in 1992 world cup.

I suggest you take a look at the debate between me and DV to understand how a mature debate follows.

I'm sure it'll teach you a lot.
Well, all I know is this is what you post at the end of every "debate":
iZeeshan said:
This time Ironcat...I really have no response. To your stupidity.

You're thick and stubborn.

Maturity of superlative degree.

Ironcat you know a lot about cricket.

Can you post the match that Imran won for us in the 1992 world cup?

How Shahrukh? You basically say the same thing over and over again.

Let me get this straight - this is what you are saying right, "Bangladesh got really close to winning, that must mean that they are a good team"

Isn't what you said about Zimbabwe as well?

I know you have a knack for repeating yourself so you might as well have repeated yourself once more in response to my post, but you couldn't because you don't have one.

You call Misbah a legendary captain, but then say you don't expect him to win every series. I think you might be the "Great Ghaddar" actually. :))

Schooled.

The performance that bangladesh showed in the asia cup, was no minnow kind of performance, they played like a top international team in the tornament.. They actually had a proper plan....

Now i know you might say that, minnows do tend to perform and win a game after so many losses, but let me tell you one thing... True that minnows do tend to pull off a single win after some 20+ losses, but no minnow beats two best international team, and almost beat another team twice...

So you cant call that performance by bangladesh a fluke...

So, there is no need to discredit that win.....

But yess, that bangladesh vs pakistan series was an easy series and there was not much challenge in it except for the last odi.. So yeah in that bangladesh series which we won under misbah, bangladesh playe like a typical minnow and we won easily, but in the asia cup, bangladesh was a different team and ir was qute a challenge for us to defeat them.....

Now for zimbabwe test game.. When zimbabwe made 400+ people were worried, and though that the game would be a loss or a draw most probably.. To be honest i thought thatgame would end as a draw, but we were still able to pull of a win.. That test was quite challenging...

The performance that bangladesh showed in the asia cup, was no minnow kind of performance, they played like a top international team in the tornament.. They actually had a proper plan....

Now i know you might say that, minnows do tend to perform and win a game after so many losses, but let me tell you one thing... True that minnows do tend to pull off a single win after some 20+ losses, but no minnow beats two best international team, and almost beat another team twice...

So you cant call that performance by bangladesh a fluke...

So, there is no need to discredit that win.....

But yess, that bangladesh vs pakistan series was an easy series and there was not much challenge in it except for the last odi.. So yeah in that bangladesh series which we won under misbah, bangladesh playe like a typical minnow and we won easily, but in the asia cup, bangladesh was a different team and ir was qute a challenge for us to defeat them.....

Now for zimbabwe test game.. When zimbabwe made 400+ people were worried, and though that the game would be a loss or a draw most probably.. To be honest i thought thatgame would end as a draw, but we were still able to pull of a win.. That test was quite challenging...

Okay one, as for Zimbabwe, that was Pakistan's awful captaincy and bowling that led Zimbabwe to score 400. There's no way you can even call them a good team. They hadn't even played proper tests or against a proper team in the last .. how many years? So let that point go.

It wasn't Zimbabwe that was good, it was Pakistan that was bad. You're missing the point completely, just because a team performances well does not mean they are a good team. I'm surprised you actually don't blame Misbah for letting Zimbo score 400+, oh wait, how would you?

I understand what you're saying about the Asia Cup and I still am pleased that we won that. Though I don't see how Misbah should get all the credit for winning the cup.

As for Bangladesh - they beat Sri Lanka which was obviously a dead rubber. Their win against India was fantastic and they played well. But there's still no excuse for letting them get close to victory.

Well, all I know is this is what you post at the end of every "debate":

Maturity of superlative degree.

Yeah that's when dealing with you. Unfortunately, you bring everyone down to your level.

Ironcat, the counter is ticking, waiting for something useful from you :afridi

Like I said, Miscows are now cornered into 'Misbah is not a legend'.

Quite a turnaround from the lofty goals of 'We shall question everything Misbah'.

I thought we could change the thread title to 'Misbah is not a legend until he wins in SA'? But, it looks like Miscows can't figure out among themselves what a 'legend' is.

Like I said, Miscows are now cornered into 'Misbah is not a legend'.

Quite a turnaround from the lofty goals of 'We shall question everything Misbah'.

I thought we could change the thread title to 'Misbah is not a legend until he wins in SA'? But, it looks like Miscows can't figure out among themselves what a 'legend' is.

How about we change the title to Ironcat repeats himself over and over?

I mean that basically equals - "Misbah is the best thing to happen in 5 years"

Yeah that's when dealing with you. Unfortunately, you bring everyone down to your level.

Ironcat, the counter is ticking, waiting for something useful from you :afridi
Counter, eh?

Not only that iZeeshan can't find us a post of his where he provided a piece of evidence on his own, but his attempts at "jokes" also must borrow from those around him.

:11:

World Cup final?

I'm not sure what's going on here...:))

Don't.

He failed to understand that a legend can be both a captain (IK) and a match winner (SA), as long as they win the hearts of the public.

This is the point. Winning hearts. When did Misbah win the heart of the public as captain or player?

How about we change the title to Ironcat repeats himself over and over?

I mean that basically equals - "Misbah is the best thing to happen in 5 years"
Nothing beats begging us for 25 times in a row.:))

Counter, eh?

Not only that iZeeshan can't find us a post of his where he provided a piece of evidence on his own, but his attempts at "jokes" also must borrow from those around him.

:11:

Go look at the Fawad Alam thread.

And even after providing you evidence you keep crapping all over the place.

Take some dawai

Ironcat made fun of me and counted where I didn't make a point, now he does the same thing.

Hypocrisy? :))

Go look at the Fawad Alam thread.

And even after providing you evidence you keep crapping all over the place.

Take some dawai
Chickened OUT.

After he was confronted with the bitter reality, he went ahead and posted something (which we don't even know what) in another thread. But couldn't come up with anything from the 27K in the past.

Bravo!

Chickened OUT.

After he was confronted with the bitter reality, he went ahead and posted something (which we don't even know what) in another thread. But couldn't come up with anything from the 27K in the past.

Bravo!

I don't have to do that for you.

Go look at my history yourself if you want to.

Please stop talking.

Ironcat made fun of me and counted where I didn't make a point, now he does the same thing.

Hypocrisy? :))
How far above your head did that joke fly? I want to question the gravity equations in this thread.

I don't have to do that for you.

Go look at my history yourself if you want to.

Please stop talking.
So, tell me. Do you agree with 'a legend is someone who captures the hearts of public'?

Okay one, as for Zimbabwe, that was Pakistan's awful captaincy and bowling that led Zimbabwe to score 400. There's no way you can even call them a good team. They hadn't even played proper tests or against a proper team in the last .. how many years? So let that point go.

It wasn't Zimbabwe that was good, it was Pakistan that was bad. You're missing the point completely, just because a team performances well does not mean they are a good team. I'm surprised you actually don't blame Misbah for letting Zimbo score 400+, oh wait, how would you?

I understand what you're saying about the Asia Cup and I still am pleased that we won that. Though I don't see how Misbah should get all the credit for winning the cup.

As for Bangladesh - they beat Sri Lanka which was obviously a dead rubber. Their win against India was fantastic and they played well. But there's still no excuse for letting them get close to victory.

Zimbabwe game was played in zimbabwe and a home track... Pitch had no movement, what could had the bowlers done

How many posts is that without Ironcat making a point?

Hmmmm...Idk I've lost count.
I thought you had a counter set up. But, wait, that still involved counting 'on your own'. My bad.

Zimbabwe game was played in zimbabwe and a home track... Pitch had no movement, what could had the bowlers done

It's Zimbabwe :)) You get them out :))

And if it had movement, then Zimbabwe scoring 400 is no big deal = them not being a good team :))

So are Veena Malik and Kareena Kapoor legends?

:))) :))) What a guy.

Firstly, I can't even believe you're making that comparison.

And if you didn't have reading comprehension problems, I clearly said it's a factor.

I don't think Afridi is a legend, for the record, if that's the point you're trying to make.

Actually, I shouldn't even have answered you because I don't want to help you make a point, but then I realized, it's not going to hurt me in anyway so why not.

Which got me thinking, if someone doesn't answer a question, they know they're going to get schooled, so avoid it anyway possible. You're a clever man Ironcat, but I'm smarter. And I bet you're older too :))

Last edited:
I wonder whether the attributes which alledgely define Misbah as a legend are applicable to all walks of life where legends exist.

It's like saying Amir Khan or Amitabh are not a legends cos they didn't beat Zimbabwe or Bangladesh.

:facepalm:

:))) :))) What a guy.

Firstly, I can't even believe you're making that comparison.

And if you didn't have reading comprehension problems, I clearly said it's a factor.

I don't think Afridi is a legend, for the record, if that's the point you're trying to make.

Actually, I shouldn't even have answered you because I don't want to help you make a point, but then I realized, it's not going to hurt me in anyway so why not.

Which got me thinking, if someone doesn't answer a question, they know they're going to get schooled, so avoid it anyway possible. You're a clever man Ironcat, but I'm smarter. And I bet you're older too :))
You didn't look as "smart" when you got schooled on the arguments in the previous page.

Now that you have realized that it won't hurt you in any ways, why don't we then finish the point?

So, you said, "it's a factor". How big a factor? Why aren't Veena Malik or Kareena Kappr not legends? What other factors make them non-legends?

World Cup final?

I'm not sure what's going on here...:))

He didn't really....

Of course I agree that he is a legend but I'm just challenging Namak_Halals definition of legend.

Imran was an ATG before 1992. He genuinely had very little contribution with the bat or ball throughout the tournament, his captaincy was spot on though!

So Namak_Halal,

Jaques Kallis one of the true greats of cricket, hasn't captured the hearts of the public AFAIK. Is he a legend?

Are you also prepared to bump those threads and apologise to your indian bros and admit Sachin is a legend under those criteria.

Imran didn't win the hearts of the Public? Oh my. What a claim.

Please make this stop.

:facepalm:

Amazing.

DV was all set to claim I am not Pakistani based on the fact I was born in the UK. Pity, he only had to look in the mirror to realise what a hopeless angle that would've been which is why the next best hope is a username based on an Indian Movie. How desperate; as if DV has never seen a Bollywood flick.

Naach Basanti naach!

Amazing.

DV was all set to claim I am not Pakistani based on the fact I was born in the UK. Pity, he only had to look in the mirror to realise what a hopeless angle that would've been which is why the next best hope is a username based on an Indian Movie. How desperate; as if DV has never seen a Bollywood flick.

Naach Basanti naach!

Hmm no.

I based it on your love of Indian culture and art.

MORE LIES - Didn't mention the Uk at all....

and Alhumdulilah hand on heart I can say I havent watched a full bollywood movie.

You didn't look as "smart" when you got schooled on the arguments in the previous page.

Now that you have realized that it won't hurt you in any ways, why don't we then finish the point?

So, you said, "it's a factor". How big a factor? Why aren't Veena Malik or Kareena Kappr not legends? What other factors make them non-legends?

Ironcat you can't be freakin serious.

What relationship do Veena Malik and Kareena Kapoor have to Misbah-ul-Haq.

They're in Bollywood - totally different standards for "legends"

Also, who says Veena Malik and Kareena Kapoor won the hearts of the public? Veena Malik's proposed show was just shut down.

And I don't know much about Kareena Kapoor. Sorry, not an avid Bollywood fan like you.

He didn't really....

Of course I agree that he is a legend but I'm just challenging Namak_Halals definition of legend.

Imran was an ATG before 1992. He genuinely had very little contribution with the bat or ball throughout the tournament, his captaincy was spot on though!

I thought Imran came one down and scored 78 or something in the final. That's a pretty big contribution if you ask me.

Of course the stars of the final were Wasim and Inzi.

Actually, not sure what point is trying to be made here anyway.

Ironcat you can't be freakin serious.

What relationship do Veena Malik and Kareena Kapoor have to Misbah-ul-Haq.

They're in Bollywood - totally different standards for "legends"

Also, who says Veena Malik and Kareena Kapoor won the hearts of the public? Veena Malik's proposed show was just shut down.

And I don't know much about Kareena Kapoor. Sorry, not an avid Bollywood fan like you.
YOU say that there is relationship the moment you quote "winning hearts of public" argument. Veena Malik's and Kareena Kapoor's movies are watched by many more people than the tests that Imran or Waugh played in.

So, admit it. That "winning the hearts of public" is no real argument for calling someone a legend. If it is, then Kareena Kapoor is also a legend.

YOU say that there is relationship the moment you quote "winning hearts of public" argument. Veena Malik's and Kareena Kapoor's movies are watched by many more people than the tests that Imran or Waugh played in.

So, admit it. That "winning the hearts of public" is no real argument for calling someone a legend. If it is, then Kareena Kapoor is also a legend.

lol what the hell, do people adore and love Kareena Kapoor? mostly all the indians I talk to think she's a joke and a dirty s*ut.

the fan base for Bollywood/movies is completely different from Pakistani cricket. also, just because people watch it doesn't mean they're watching just for Kareena/Veena. There are probably hundreds of articles out there on how Imran and Waugh were adored by their fans.

worst example in the world, if there ever was one.

And yes there is a relationship, but it's not the only thing. Afridi's won the hearts of the public, so has Ajmal but neither of them are legends.

Ironcat has well and truly lost it :))

When a poster succumbs to pedantry to establish a point then it's over for said poster.

lol what the hell, do people adore and love Kareena Kapoor? mostly all the indians I talk to think she's a joke and a dirty s*ut.
You need to expand your circle of friends. And she may still end up owning a team for which your heartthrob might play next year.

iZeeshan said:
the fan base for Bollywood/movies is completely different from Pakistani cricket.
So, what? A legend is a legend. What does his or her profession have to do with it?
iZeeshan said:
also, just because people watch it doesn't mean they're watching just for Kareena/Veena. There are probably hundreds of articles out there on how Imran and Waugh were adored by their fans.
Probably thousands more on Kareena and Veena, along with dedicated shows. :D

iZeeshan said:
And yes there is a relationship, but it's not the only thing. Afridi's won the hearts of the public, so has Ajmal but neither of them are legends.
The only thing Afridi and Ajmal example proves is that "winning the hearts" is hardly the proxy for being a legend. Of course, everything has a relationship, but if anything, this "winning the heart" thing is as lame as it comes.:))

BTW, why don't you ask your buddy?

Surely we can't have a bigger promoter of Bollywood on this forum...

nhimdb.png

versus

nhpp.png

;-)

Misbots have not stated their definition of 'legend' from their POV.

This has the Hallmarks of the 'Minnow' Chapter.

Kareena Kapoor is not a legend because she has not beaten Zimbabwe or Bangladesh.

You need to expand your circle of friends. And she may still end up owning a team for which your heartthrob might play next year.

I have a TON of Indian friends that all watch bollywood. Nearly all of them think Kareena is a waste of time.

Plus, who regards her as a legend anyway? Everyone knows that Imran/Waugh are legends and there are countless articles on it.

So, what? A legend is a legend. What does his or her profession have to do with it?

Again, who defined Kareena and Veena as legends?

Probably thousands more on Kareena and Veena, along with dedicated shows. :D
Not sure what this means

The only thing Afridi and Ajmal example proves is that "winning the hearts" is hardly the proxy for being a legend. Of course, everything has a relationship, but if anything, this "winning the heart" thing is as lame as it comes.:))

No, the only thing it proves that one does not only need to win the public's heart to be a legend. It's just one of the factors. What's the point of being regarded as a legend by "Ironcat" if the country you play for doesn't think of you as that (nor does the rest of cricket)?

Hold on, Ironcat, aren't you butting into an argument from nowhere now? This is a debate between me and DV - not sure why you decided to join. Do you even think Misbah is a legend?

So..

Ironcat

If Having Many Fans makes you a Legend then Afridi is a legend and Misbah is not..

Hmmm...

:yk

:)) :)) There it is. Let's see 'Ironkitty' walk his way out of this one.

Lots of people watch Kareena/Veena movies = legends

Lots of people come to watch Afridi (fact, crowd goes crazy), by transitive property = legend

:D

I have a TON of Indian friends that all watch bollywood. Nearly all of them think Kareena is a waste of time.

Plus, who regards her as a legend anyway? Everyone knows that Imran/Waugh are legends and there are countless articles on it.
So, do you agree that "winning public's hearts" is not a real measure of whether someone is a legend? :)

iZeeshan said:
Again, who defined Kareena and Veena as legends?
You did when you said "winning public hearts" is one of the criteria. But, that's fine if it's not.

iZeeshan said:
No, the only thing it proves that one does not only need to win the public's heart to be a legend. It's just one of the factors. What's the point of being regarded as a legend by "Ironcat" if the country you play for doesn't think of you as that (nor does the rest of cricket)?
If you are saying that your country has to think of you as a legend, then that's different from saying that a legend is someone who "wins hearts of public".

iZeeshan said:
Hold on, Ironcat, aren't you butting into an argument from nowhere now? This is a debate between me and DV - not sure why you decided to join. Do you even think Misbah is a legend?
You guys are discussing it in public. If this was a private discussion, you should have taken it private.:46: You butt your head in the middle of every other argument, don't you?

So..

Ironcat

If Having Many Fans makes you a Legend then Afridi is a legend and Misbah is not..

Hmmm...

:yk
Errr, did you even read the discussion above? Do you even know whose point it is that "winning hearts of public" = legend?

Or, are you just ticked off that no one paid any attention to your "this thread is a farce" comment? :))

:)) :)) There it is. Let's see 'Ironkitty' walk his way out of this one.

Lots of people watch Kareena/Veena movies = legends

Lots of people come to watch Afridi (fact, crowd goes crazy), by transitive property = legend

:D
So, then, you agree that Afridi is more of a legend than, say, Kallis, Ajmal, Ponting, etc.? And Kareena is a bigger legend than Afridi?

So, do you agree that "winning public's hearts" is not a real measure of whether someone is a legend? :)

No, I said it is a factor of it. It's not the only thing, but one cannot be a legend without winning the public's heart.

You did when you said "winning public hearts" is one of the criteria. But, that's fine if it's not.

See above.

Also can you prove that they have won the public's hearts? Everyone adores them? They are undisputed loved celebrities?

If you are saying that your country has to think of you as a legend, then that's different from saying that a legend is someone who "wins hearts of public".

They are two separate things. In fact, if one is a legend of the game, it's really undisputed whether he is a legend or not because no one should be able to deny that one is a great of the game (i.e. Ponting, Imran, Wasim, Waugh, etc)

You guys are discussing it in public. If this was a private discussion, you should have taken it private.:46: You butt your head in the middle of every other argument, don't you?

Yeah I do, and I'm proving that it's okay to. You're the one that tells me not to butt into arguments. Shall I quote you on that and you tried to ridicule me based on that?

So, then, you agree that Afridi is more of a legend than, say, Kallis, Ajmal, Ponting, etc.? And Kareena is a bigger legend than Afridi?

No.

And what the hell? They're in their own professions, how do you compare them?

Winning the hearts of the public is a FACTOR not the SOLE reason to make someone a legend!

Jeez, this guy has serious comprehension issues.

What a useless poster.

No, I said it is a factor of it. It's not the only thing, but one cannot be a legend without winning the public's heart.
Well, if one has to win public's heart, then the more hearts you win = the bigger legend you are. Which means Kareena is a bigger legend than Afridi?

And Like said, what does someone's profession have to do with being considered a legend?

iZeeshan said:
Also can you prove that they have won the public's hearts? Everyone adores them? They are undisputed loved celebrities?
When billions watch their movies, they don't watch them because they hate them.

iZeeshan said:
Yeah I do, and I'm proving that it's okay to. You're the one that tells me not to butt into arguments. Shall I quote you on that and you tried to ridicule me based on that?
I "advise" you not to butt into others' arguments because you then get schooled, put up your hands, and leave whining. It's for your own benefit.

No.

And what the hell? They're in their own professions, how do you compare them?

Winning the hearts of the public is a FACTOR not the SOLE reason to make someone a legend!

Jeez, this guy has serious comprehension issues.

What a useless poster.
What does someone's profession have to do with being considered a legend? Do legends only exist in cricket? :facepalm:

What does someone's profession have to do with being considered a legend? Do legends only exist in cricket? :facepalm:

There are cricketing legends. And then there are basketball legends. And then there are boxing legends. And then there are acting legends. And then there are music legends.

Can you really compare Michael Jordan and Imran Khan?

What the hell is one legend "bigger" than another. A legend is a legend.

Well, if one has to win public's heart, then the more hearts you win = the bigger legend you are. Which means Kareena is a bigger legend than Afridi?

Why is everything so numerical for you? It's a general statement. Winning public's hearts. Lots of people in Pakistan adore Afridi.

It doesn't matter who wins more hearts. A legend is a legend.

And Like said, what does someone's profession have to do with being considered a legend?

Already responded.

When billions watch their movies, they don't watch them because they hate them.
Do they watch their movies just for Kareena Kapoor? Maybe they just watch them because she's attractive?

How can you prove that they actually consider her an icon or admire or adore that person, which is true for Imran Khan?

I "advise" you not to butt into others' arguments because you then get schooled, put up your hands, and leave whining. It's for your own benefit.
Oh how kind of you. Please, I don't need your advice. You're an awful poster.

There are cricketing legends. And then there are basketball legends. And then there are boxing legends. And then there are acting legends. And then there are music legends.

Can you really compare Michael Jordan and Imran Khan?

What the hell is one legend "bigger" than another. A legend is a legend.
They are all legends because they all share common qualities across professions. On the other hand, when someone comes out with a lame excuse such as "winning public's hearts", it is really easy to demolish it because there are several who have won public's hearts without ever being even close to a legend.

And how do you measure it? What proportion of the public must like you? 20%? 51%? 75%? 90%? 100%?

They are all legends because they all share common qualities across professions. On the other hand, when someone comes out with a lame excuse such as "winning public's hearts", it is really easy to demolish it because there are several who have won public's hearts without ever being even close to a legend.

And how do you measure it? What proportion of the public must like you? 20%? 51%? 75%? 90%? 100%?

Winning the public's hearts is not all the makes you a legend. Did you get that this time?

I don't know Ironcat - not everything is measured in numbers. When you win the public's hearts - it's apparent as seen with Amir Khan, Amitabh, Shahrukh Khan, Imran Khan, Sachin Tendulkar, etc - there's no specific numeric value attached to it.

Move on from stats and use some common sense, please.

Why is everything so numerical for you? It's a general statement. Winning public's hearts. Lots of people in Pakistan adore Afridi.

It doesn't matter who wins more hearts. A legend is a legend.
Because numbers are indisputable.

And how do you measure whether someone has won enough public hearts? What proportion of the public must like you? 20%? 51%? 75%? 90%? 100%?

iZeeshan said:
Do they watch their movies just for Kareena Kapoor? Maybe they just watch them because she's attractive?
That's her profession. To appear to be attractive in front of a camera.

iZeeshan said:
How can you prove that they actually consider her an icon or admire or adore that person, which is true for Imran Khan?
Exactemundo.

I don't look at her public image. I look at how good she is (or isn't) at her profession. And if she wins public's hearts because of being good, then winning public's hearts comes as a result of being a legend and NOT the cause.

iZeeshan said:
Oh how kind of you. Please, I don't need your advice. You're an awful poster.
Then, I suggest you stay out of my arguments the next time around.

Winning the public's hearts is not all the makes you a legend. Did you get that this time?

I don't know Ironcat - not everything is measured in numbers. When you win the public's hearts - it's apparent as seen with Amir Khan, Amitabh, Shahrukh Khan, Imran Khan, Sachin Tendulkar, etc - there's no specific numeric value attached to it.

Move on from stats and use some common sense, please.
Sorry, numbers are indisputable. Next time, tell your employer not to worry about your salary, just pay "something" in kind.

All of the above have public support as a result of their other achievements and their legendary status (although some of the actors you mention above are still nowhere near being legends).

And, BTW, do you then agree that Tendulkar is a legend?

Because numbers are indisputable.

And how do you measure whether someone has won enough public hearts? What proportion of the public must like you? 20%? 51%? 75%? 90%? 100%?

Numbers are not indisputable. Idk why you asked me that question again. I already answered you. There's no set number for it - the general population "likes" you.

That's her profession. To appear to be attractive in front of a camera.

Wrong. She's an actor - that's her profession. She's an awful actor most of the team. Plus, how can you prove that she has won the public's hearts? Just because people watch her movies? People watch every OTHER actor's movies too. Are they all legends?

It's not JUST about public image omg, how many times do I have to tell you?

Exactemundo.

I don't look at her public image. I look at how good she is (or isn't) at her profession. And if she wins public's hearts because of being good, then winning public's hearts comes as a result of being a legend and NOT the cause.

So Afridi is a legend then right? Because he's won the public's hearts? :))

Schooled.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, numbers are indisputable. Next time, tell your employer not to worry about your salary, just pay "something" in kind.

All of the above have public support as a result of their other achievements and their legendary status (although some of the actors you mention above are still nowhere near being legends).

Numbers are indisputable?

You want to start this again then Ironcat?

Here we go - we have two players. Player A and Player B. Player A scores 81, Player B scores 51. Which one is the better batsman?

I thought you don't watch Bollywood :))

and lol @ Amir Khan, Amitabh, and Shahrukh Khan not being legends :)))

Numbers are not indisputable. Idk why you asked me that question again. I already answered you. There's no set number for it - the general population "likes" you.
LOL. The "general" population likes you? :))

You told us you were still in school. So, my question to you? Are grades important to you? Is passing important to you? Is scoring 50%+ important to you? Does your school rank students based on "general" standings?

iZeeshan said:
Wrong. She's an actor - that's her profession. She's an awful actor most of the team.
I thought you didn't watch her movies. Now you have an opinion of her.

iZeeshan said:
Plus, how can you prove that she has won the public's hearts? Just because people watch her movies? People watch every actor's movies too. Are they all legends?
Err, do these movies come for free? Do people have infinite time to spend on these movies? That she makes more than most other actresses is a clear indication that she is more popular.

iZeeshan said:
It's not JUST about public image omg, how many times do I have to tell you?
Then what is it about?

iZeeshan said:
So Afridi is a legend then right? Because he's won the public's hearts? :))

Schooled.
Err, based on your lame argument, he is. Based on any sane person's, he's a bits and pieces cricketer.

Schooled indeed. :facepalm:

Numbers are indisputable?

You want to start this again then Ironcat?

Here we go - we have two players. Player A and Player B. Player A scores 81, Player B scores 51. Which one is the better batsman?
You told us you were still in school. So, my question to you? Are grades important to you? Is passing important to you? Is scoring 50%+ important to you? Does your school rank students based on "general" standings?

I thought you don't watch Bollywood :))

and lol @ Amir Khan, Amitabh, and Shahrukh Khan not being legends :)))
So, you don't watch Bollywood movies and you already have your legends set up? :))

Avoiding the question again Ironcat. Why can't you just answer it so we can move on? Is Player A indisputably better than Player B? Yes or no?

What does school or salary have anything to do with this? One gets his salary - specific number, there's nothing else behinds it. It's earned, not something that's accumulated (like a stat)

Same thing with grades - they are earned, not accumulated.

To answer your questions, yes grades are important to me and yes I like to pass and yes I'd like to be ranked highly. No students are ranked based on GPA. Next?

Did I say I don't watch Bollywood movies?
This is what you said:
iZeeshan said:
So, it looks like you watch Amir Khan, Amitabh, and SRK movies. But you don't know much about Kareena, correct?

LOL. The "general" population likes you? :))

I thought you didn't watch her movies. Now you have an opinion of her.

Yeah, the general population likes you. Can it be agreed upon that the general population likes Afridi and Imran? yes.

Misbah? No.

Err, do these movies come for free? Do people have infinite time to spend on these movies? That she makes more than most other actresses is a clear indication that she is more popular.

Does she now? I'd like to see proof of that. Go on.

Are there a number of articles on how great an actor Kareena is and how she's legendary? You haven't provided that yet for me. So next.

Then what is it about?
If we're talking cricket then in addition to winning public hearts, it's all also about stats, consistency, maintaining stats, achievements, etc.

Err, based on your lame argument, he is. Based on any sane person's, he's a bits and pieces cricketer.

Schooled indeed. :facepalm:

I'm sorry Ironcat but it's YOU who said "One wins public hearts as a RESULT of being a legend" - NOT me.

I said that one, in addition to other things, must be held highly with the public to be a legend.

Two totally different things. Schooled. Pwned. Whatever else.

Afridi has won public hearts because he's the reason for our WC victory, his aggressive batting and persona brings joy to Pakistanis. But he is not a legend.

This is what you said:

So, it looks like you watch Amir Khan, Amitabh, and SRK movies. But you don't know much about Kareena, correct?

I'm not an avid fan, but I have seen several Bollywood films in my time. I have seen a couple of Kareena movies, and out of all of them, she was only good in one.

Not sure how this relates to anything.

Avoiding the question again Ironcat. Why can't you just answer it so we can move on? Is Player A indisputably better than Player B? Yes or no?

What does school or salary have anything to do with this? One gets his salary - specific number, there's nothing else behinds it. It's earned, not something that's accumulated (like a stat)

Same thing with grades - they are earned, not accumulated.

To answer your questions, yes grades are important to me and yes I like to pass and yes I'd like to be ranked highly. No students are ranked based on GPA. Next?
Huh, what's a salary or a grade or a stat have to do with "accumulation"?

So if your GPA is important, and your GPA is used to calculate rankings (Dean's list and what not), then everyone in your school, including you, is signed up to believe in numbers. You are all "indisputably" measuring each other's academic performances based on numbers.

Same thing with your salary.

Huh, what's a salary or a grade or a stat have to do with "accumulation"?

So if your GPA is important, and your GPA is used to calculate rankings (Dean's list and what not), then everyone in your school, including you, is signed up to believe in numbers. You are all "indisputably" measuring each other's academic performances based on numbers.

Same thing with your salary.

But that's not even true for grades! When you get hired, do they just look at your grades or do they also look for your experiences?

Ironcat, why don't you just go ahead and answer the question. Why? Because YOU KNOW you can't. There's no way to tell which player is better A or B without understanding the context.

Schooled.

Back