The Misbah-ul-Haq Captaincy Analysis Thread

Yeah, the general population likes you. Can it be agreed upon that the general population likes Afridi and Imran? yes.

Misbah? No.
Sorry, you have no proof of the above. Just because you don't like Misbah doesn't mean that the general public doesn't like you. Unless you can prove it, your argument is baseless.

iZeeshan said:
Does she now? I'd like to see proof of that. Go on.
http://ujjalsen.hubpages.com/hub/Top-5-Highest-Paid-Bollywood-Actress-List

Pie in your face.:))

iZeeshan said:
Are there a number of articles on how great an actor Kareena is and how she's legendary? You haven't provided that yet for me. So next.
http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...225675_1_saif-ali-khan-agent-vinod-comic-book

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Kareena_Kapoor

Egg in your face.:))

iZeeshan said:
If we're talking cricket then in addition to winning public hearts, it's all also about stats, consistency, maintaining stats, achievements, etc.
And are the above more important than "winning hearts" or less important?

iZeeshan said:
I'm sorry Ironcat but it's YOU who said "One wins public hearts as a RESULT of being a legend" - NOT me.
Read my posts again. I only asked the question. You can't distinguish between a question and a statement.:46:

iZeeshan said:
Afridi has won public hearts because he's the reason for our WC victory, his aggressive batting and persona brings joy to Pakistanis. But he is not a legend.
Surely then, winning public hearts hardly is any prerequisite to becoming a legend.

But that's not even true for grades! When you get hired, do they just look at your grades or do they also look for your experiences?
We didn't talk about getting hired yet. We are first measuring academic standings. Clearly, numbers are important.

Now, you move on to getting hired. Other numbers become important as well. No. of years of experience. %growth in revenues you made happen at your last employer. etc. Number of good references.

iZeeshan said:
Ironcat, why don't you just go ahead and answer the question. Why? Because YOU KNOW you can't. There's no way to tell which player is better A or B without understanding the context.

Schooled.
The only person being schooled here is you. So you might as well give it a rest.:))

As for player A vs player B, the context you are going to prove is ALSO defined in numbers. So, there you go.

It's clear Misbots have no definition of legend.

Give a few days.

Still waiting for you to bump those teenda threads namkinder and apologise for not rating him

Afterall he is the biggest legend ever according to your definition.

Also LOL at all the bollywood discussions....all going over my head as I only know the names of some famous actors.

Might go and bump some of namkinders threads and get him to teach about the finer points of Indian movies.

It's confirmed, intellectually bankrupt.

Legends cannot be quantified through numbers.

What is DV rambling on about?

Tendulkar has won Indian hearts, not Pakistani hearts.

Kallis has won South African hearts, not Pakistani hearts.

Afridi has won Pakistani hearts, not English hearts.

And so on.

The general public doesn't care about stats - only victories of their respective team.

Cricket bookworms on the other hand may consider Tendulkar a legend, Kallis a legend, irrespective of nationality but based on technicality and stats.

If any Misbot disagrees then grow a pair and state your defintion of a legend based on numbers or whatever delusional attribute it is instead of choking on your own garbage by comparing Cricket with Bollywood.

Last edited:
Sami was not used properly by Misbah ul-Haq - Rashid Latif.

After an unimpressive comeback in international cricket, Mohammad Sami, has found a supporter in shape of former Test captain, Rashid Latif, who believes that the fast bowler was not properly used by Misbah ul Haq on the Sri Lankan tour.

The 31-year-old returned to the national team after a gap of more than two years, having performed quite well in the inaugural edition of the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL). PCB announced three different squads for the tour of Sri Lanka, with Sami winning the selectors’ confidence in each version.

The tearaway fast bowler, who burst into the international scene by picking up a five-wicket haul in his very first Test against New Zealand in 2001, was tipped for greatness, but after a decade’s struggle, Sami remains a potential unfulfilled.

He was given a chance in the third Test of the series at Pallekele but managed to pick just one scalp, when he trapped Mahela Jayawardene in front of the stumps in the first innings.

After a mixed performance against the Islanders, there are question marks about his place in the team once again. Rashid however, while talking to Pakpassion, expressed that the fast bowler never enjoyed Misbah’s confidence, resulting in an ineffective performance.

Sami has played under Rashid’s leadership in 2003-04 and his former skipper still believes that he is a cricketer with immense talent.

“Mohammad Sami would have led from the front had there been a different captain. He was selected for all the three formats but wasn’t given a central contract,” Rashid said. “Nobody knows Sami better than me. He began his career and performed well under my captaincy.”

On the other side of the coin, Rashid slammed Pakistan’s batting performance against a mediocre bowling attack, which Sri Lanka possesses since Muttiah Muralitharan’s retirement. The former captain observed that the Green Shirts tend to struggle against the left-arm spinners and the medium-pacers, who can swing the ball in to the batsmen.

He added, “Our batsmen struggle against inswing and left-arm spin. The Sri Lankans used their left-arm spinner well and they had Kulasekara who brings the ball in to the right-handers. When the bowler pitches the ball up, our batsmen, including Hafeez, Younis, Misbah and Azhar Ali – all are candidates for leg before wicket.”

What is DV rambling on about?

Tendulkar has won Indian hearts, not Pakistani hearts.

Kallis has won South African hearts, not Pakistani hearts.

Afridi has won Pakistani hearts, not English hearts.

And so on.

The general public doesn't care about stats - only victories of their respective team.

Cricket bookworms on the other hand may consider Tendulkar a legend, Kallis a legend, irespective of nationality but based on technicality and stats.

If any Misbot disagrees then grow a pair and state your defintion of a legend based on numbers or whatever delusional attribute it is instead of choking on your own garbage by comparing Cricket with Bollywood.

So why did you define a legend in this way?

You are the one that said that legend captures hearts but now are throwing a hissy fit.

Grow a pair and stand by your statement.

Misbah is not a legend. The public remembers how Misbah cost games for Pakistan and the Pakistani media mock him.

If Misbah is some technical legend then let's hear why. Cannot be any worse than claiming Zimbabwe and Bangladesh are top drawer because one is an unranked Test team while the other beat Sri Lanka is a dead rubber game.

The Public doesn't care about SR, AVGS, W/L etc - the public only cares about results which is why the public will only remember Wins and Losses (mainly ODI and T20s).

To be considered a legend, one must win the heart of the public.

Which part am I not comprehending correctly?

Namak you have been made to dance a merry dance.

The original debate with izeeshan was is misbah a "legendary" captain.

You jumped with your own nonsense. I let you just so can dig yourself further into a hole.

Thats why I asked you if Afridi was captain in 09 :))

you still didnt get it.

DV has no grasp of context but has a GCSE in Pedantry. Fantastic. Still no sign of Misbot's definition of a legend but I guess this is expected given Misbots are exceptional at riding coat-tails.

Moving on, I wonder if Misbots will reject Rahid Latif's opinion or dare I say embrace it. After all Latif is a former Pakistani Test captain and speaking to the media.

Hehehe namak throwing a hissy fit again after being played like a puppet.

I will post my definition when you bump all those teenda threads and say he is a legend.

Also LOL at your definition

1. You dont stand by it
2. It had absolutey no reason for being posted!

That wasnt what was being discussed. I gave you a chance to realise when I asked if afridi was captain. But nope namkinder just wanted to type his hatred with no regard for what was actually being discussed.

What a joke DV is. Resorting to Pedantry again.

The original discussion was whether Misbah is a match winner, which has fused into this thread with Misbah's captaincy and everything between.

If we grant DV's ridiculous notion then on what grounds do Misbots feel Misbah is a legend? Come on Misbots let's hear it. You guys have been rambling on for 5 weeks so you must subscribe to some definition of Legend unleas of coure DV is pretending again.

Nope that wasnt what was being discussed when you rudely interupted mines and izeeshans discussion.

Try again namkinder.

I cannot take anyone from Coventry who questioned Imran Khan's contribution in 1992 seriously.

What a joke DV is. Resorting to Pedantry again.

The original discussion was whether Misbah is a match winner, which has fused into this thread with Misbah's captaincy and everything between.

If we grant DV's ridiculous notion then on what grounds do Misbots feel Misbah is a legend? Come on Misbots let's hear it. You guys have been rambling on for 5 weeks so you must subscribe to some definition of Legend unleas of coure DV is pretending again.

Ok I will post my definition of legendary captain( what was being discussed) but only if you bump those teenda threads and say hello to your bros with your unecessary definition of legendary player?

Deal? Its only fair. I will only post my words when you have proven you can stand by yours.

Need to be careful with liars init.

I cannot take anyone from Coventry who questioned Imran Khan's contribution in 1992 seriously.

I find it worrying you keep posting where I live?

You are an old man I am still a youngster why are you obsessed with my location?

I dont swing that way uncle. Need to tell young sharukh to beware, namkinder may be lurking in the bushes.

Last edited:
So now DV believes Tendulkar is a legend after mocking him on PP. Fickle minded aswell as intellectually bankrupt.

Still no sign of a definition of 'Legend' by Misbots, just excuses.

I'm sure they will be back trumpeting Misbah's legendary status after beating unranked Zimbabwe.

We think of terming any one a legendary player or captain after a decade or some years and not after 5 or 6 series ....even if any one has won all of his matches and series in such a small sample size no way he can be considered a great in any aspect

Hang on, I thought DV claimed he was not from Coventry but now is crying over the very mention? Hmmmmm.

One thing I have learned in the past 5 weeks is that Sachinistas are truly truly worth their weight in Gold.

Misbots aren't even a challenge.

So now DV believes Tendulkar is a legend after mocking him on PP. Fickle minded aswell as intellectually bankrupt.

Still no sign of a definition of 'Legend' by Misbots, just excuses.

I'm sure they will be back trumpeting Misbah's legendary status after beating unranked Zimbabwe.

Nope, lies again. Itz your definitiom that makes him a legend not mine namkimder.

Hang on, I thought DV claimed he was not from Coventry but now is crying over the very mention? Hmmmmm.

One thing I have learned in the past 5 weeks is that Sachinistas are truly truly worth their weight in Gold.

Misbots aren't even a challenge.

Not crying, just find it odd and unrelated to the thread. Would be like me posting a pic of your wife and kids. Cheap and not needed.

Last edited:
DV finally back to square 1; pedantry. He really needs to read posts instead of misinterpreting post. It's true I guess, love is blind.

And why is it misbots wait for the opposition to post anything before they post their spiel, including the definition of Legend.

PS: If Bollywood can be compared to Cricket for the sake of bolstering Misbah's myth, or citing my love for movies, then exposing the condition of mindset is every bit relevant.

Last edited:
DV finally back to square 1; pedantry. He really needs to read posts instead of misinterpreting post. It's true I guess, love is blind.

And why is it misbots wait for the opposition to post anything before they post their spiel, including the definition of Legend.

PS: If Bollywood can be compared to Cricket for the sake of bolstering Misbah's myth then exposing the condition of mindset is every bit relevant.

Nobody asked you to post a definition of legend :))

You just did it and it was stupid so you shifted the goalposts,launched attacks and tried to get personal.

Come on Namkinder you are dancing around this thread like a monkey :))

Read back- Who asked you to post a definition of Legend? You volunteered to make a fool of yourself.

So lets get this certain you mean legendary Pakistani player?

Correct? No shifting the goal posts namak is this what you mean?

PS: If Bollywood can be compared to Cricket for the sake of bolstering Misbah's myth, or citing my love for movies, then exposing the condition of mindset is every bit relevant.

Sorry to bring your beloved bollywood into things Namkinder...wont make such blasphemous statements again :))

and you had the nerve to call others Indian Ghaddars.

DV didn't get the part where he was asked to post his definition of a Legend; he cleary doesn't understand my definition.

Then he has the audacity to say I interrupted his feeble attempt at defending Misbah's legendary status.

DV is struggling because he has no definition. Then again he believes my love for movies is relevant to the discussion.

DV didn't get the part where he was asked to post his definition of a Legend; he cleary doesn't understand my definition.

Then he has the audacity to say I interrupted his feeble attempt at defending Misbah's legendary status.

DV is struggling because he has no definition. Then again he believes my love for movies is relevant to the discussion.

Come on Ghaddar.

You volunteered your definition. I didnt ask you to. Now you have posted it stand by it like a man :))

So winning peoples hearts right?

If teenda is liked by Pakistanis is he a legend according to your definition?

Now DV shifts to Ghaddari.

Ahh yes, we all know how DV has been supporting Ghaddars.

:facepalm:

Now hear this folks. Anyone with a username named after an Indian movie is a Ghaddar. One definition DV did post. What a hoot.

Now hear this folks. Anyone with a username named after an Indian movie is a Ghaddar. One definition DV did post. What a hoot.

That person has no reason to mock someone else for having Indian "brethren"

You are a ghaddar for other reasons, a fool to want to define yourself by an Indian movie while so vehemently opposing them :))

Remarkable.

So let me get this straight.

According to DV, not only one is a Ghaddar if they watch Indian movies, but one is a Ghaddar who criticises a player of a team. Well then this means almost every poster is a Ghaddar. Let us start with DV who calls Pakistani players 'losers'. What a Ghaddar DV is.

Sorry, you have no proof of the above. Just because you don't like Misbah doesn't mean that the general public doesn't like you. Unless you can prove it, your argument is baseless.

So that means you are doubting the fact that Imran doesn't have the approval of the general public?

What do you think the general sentiment about Misbah is in Pakistan? Check Facebook and the parodies and see how much fun Misbah is made of.

Did you ever watch that video on Youtube where Shahid Afridi is yelling at Misbah to play a shot? Tells you about the sentiment in Pakistan going around.

Don't see why that's pie in my face. I just asked for proof. Now that it's there, since when did we decide that making money and having public support is the only qualification for a legend?

Again, crude and immature.

Now the first link is irrelevant, because Saif Ali Khan's opinion is not the public's NOT to mention that it's again a diplomatic statment because he acts with her often.

Second, look what you can find on the internet if you try.

http://specials.rediff.com/women07/2007/mar/06wslid1.htm

Go through the comments. The PUBLIC declares Madhuri Dixit in a majority, hell maybe even all of these comments. Barely saw any with Kareena's name.

And are the above more important than "winning hearts" or less important?
They're all factors of it. None are more important than the other - depends on the situation. Could be more, could be less.

A legend's status is undisputed.

Read my posts again. I only asked the question. You can't distinguish between a question and a statement.:46:

Yeah I guess I took a cheapshot with that one. But regardless, I never said that anyway, so I don't see what prompted you to ask that question.

Afridi hasn't won Pakistani hearts because he's a legend, it's because of his persona, WC, aggressive batting, etc. So there goes that statement.

Surely then, winning public hearts hardly is any prerequisite to becoming a legend.

Why? It's not the ONLY factor.

Ironcat, do you even think Misbah is a legend? Or are you arguing just for the sake of proving your troll status?

We didn't talk about getting hired yet. We are first measuring academic standings. Clearly, numbers are important.

Now, you move on to getting hired. Other numbers become important as well. No. of years of experience. %growth in revenues you made happen at your last employer. etc. Number of good references.

I'm sorry, I should have said interview. To even get an interview, an A grade point average won't always get you the interview. They want to see your experiences as well.

I have first hand experiences with this actually with my friends and cousins who have already graduated college.

Again, how does this even relate to sport which is a public display and grades are really only for yourself?

The only person being schooled here is you. So you might as well give it a rest.:))

As for player A vs player B, the context you are going to prove is ALSO defined in numbers. So, there you go.

No I wasn't. Now answer the question. Schooled, yet again for making stupid assumptions :)) :))

Surprised the Rashid Latif article went ignored. Oh wait, I'm not.

If sami says Misbah is the reason for his lack of success then we will discuss it.

Rashid is blowing his own trumpet.

Its very different to the Ajmal article.

Surprised the Rashid Latif article went ignored. Oh wait, I'm not.

Bingo.

DV will not respond to that article not because it voices the opinion of an ex Pakistani Test captain but because DV believes Sami is a loser.

DV missed the 'according to DV' part. Cannot even quote a full sentence. Wonderful.

Well, DV is a ghaddar according to his own definition, this explains why he has been supporting a Ghaddar. Takes one to know one I guess.

DV missed the 'according to DV' part. Cannot even quote a full sentence. Wonderful.

Well, DV is a ghaddar according to his own definition, this explains why he has been supporting a Ghaddar. Takes one to know one I guess.

Post proof where I have said that going against a player is ghaddari.

I dare you. Be a man for once.

Its ramadan and you keep making up allegations?

Find that post where I have said it.

*sigh*

I remember last time DV demanded proof of him supporting Ironcat. We all know how that turned out to be for DV. DV still here trying to prove his innocence, still here supporting Ironcat.

Salman Butt you are nothing! You hear me Butt Sahib? Nothing!

Last edited:
Post it.

You posted proof of Ironcat agreeing with me as proof of me agreeing with him :))

Come on old man post where I said criticising a player is ghaddari or stop lying.

Honestly, one who is named after an Indian movie is Ghaddar, one who criticises a player is a Ghaddar, but one who bets against his country is not a Ghaddar according to the likes of DV. :facepalm:

I have heard it all now.

This is the effect of fanaticism and blind love.

Tsk Tsk.

Post it.

You posted proof of Ironcat agreeing with me as proof of me agreeing with him :))

Come on old man post where I said criticising a player is ghaddari or stop lying.
Mate don't waste time with this idiot. I can appreciate Zeeshan and Bullet Drive'\s argument but Namak is just blathering on and whenever somebody proves him wrong he resort to "pedantry". Complete joke of a poster, rude and disgusting.

I don't think Misbah is a genius (and I agrees with LLatif that Sami was misbowled even though every captain after Latif including Inzamam and Yousuf and Afridi have misbowled Sami and also Sami has himself to blame as well to an extent) but the blind hate for the man from Namak is amazing and quite sad to be honest. He is not a genius btu he is solid and decent captain

Honestly, one who is named after an Indian movie is Ghaddar, one who criticises a player is a Ghaddar, but one who bets against his country is not a Ghaddar according to the likes of DV. :facepalm:

I have heard it all now.

This is the effect of fanaticism and blind love.

Tsk Tsk.

More lies during ramadan?

No shame namkinder no shame.

Mate don't waste time with this idiot. I can appreciate Zeeshan and Bullet Drive'\s argument but Namak is just blathering on and whenever somebody proves him wrong he resort to "pedantry". Complete joke of a poster, rude and disgusting.

I don't think Misbah is a genius (and I agrees with LLatif that Sami was misbowled even though every captain after Latif including Inzamam and Yousuf and Afridi have misbowled Sami and also Sami has himself to blame as well to an extent) but the blind hate for the man from Namak is amazing and quite sad to be honest. He is not a genius btu he is solid and decent captain

Lol I just enjoy watching him lie and then get caught out.

Everyone knows he has no substance...hes just an old liar.

On every page he has shamlessly lied.

Superb.

The heat is on, time for the random alias move to cool the situation.
Can I ask why you hate Misbah so much? I understand not liking him as he is old and boring for kids like you but why the blind hate? Unable even to utter one word of compliment towards him even though he is your country captain and resorting to vague, third-person nitpicking and self contradiction (and lies) to defame him and his fans

Except for Shahrukh I have not seen 1 poster who "blind love" Misbah, people like him and opthers dislike him, what jis your problem with that?

P.S. If you have been taught manners please respond in first person, your constant mention of Deadly Venom as if he's not there is disgusting and shows your crass character.

P.S. If you have been taught manners please respond in first person, your constant mention of Deadly Venom as if he's not there is disgusting and shows your crass character.

Thats the least of his worries, I dont care how an old stalker on the internet addresses me :))

He has lied at least 100 times on this thread. Open blatant lies. Thats his problem.

Even now I ask him where his proof is for the statements he made and he runs away in his zimmer frame.

Ayyub bhai he is a beigharat and besharam.

I agree, DV needs all the help he can get.

DV's emotive rhetoric stemming from 2 points:

A - being pulled up after ranking Misbah along IK, SW, and CL (what a fine example of cricketing knowledge).

B - his support for Ironcat's POVs was proved beyond all doubt.

Bachara.

Criticising a player is akin to hate?

Someone needs a dictionary.
You can criticize him but you keep overlooking his actual contributions whicvh sare decent and you keep highlighting every small mistake even sometimes when it was not fully hgis fault (for example you keep mentioning the 4-0 and 3-1 as though the Test victories never happen)

Did you know that Imran in his famous series against West Indies where Pakistan play brilliantly lost one-day series 4-1 and 5-0? But it was an amazing feat to challenge the Windies in that time.

For Misbah it is a good contribution to be a good captain after spotfixing fiasco, I give Misbah and Waqar and Afridi and the team at that time lot of credit Masha Allah

I agree Misbah defensiveness is annoying but in this Test series he was better and more attacking with his tactics than usual.

For example in 2nd Test Misbah hiomself hit quickfire 66 and then he promoted Abdur Rehman to hit out and made a good declaration

In the 3rd Test also Pakistan made a daring declaration

So even though Misbah is defensive in one day in Test he captained well I am thinking. Regarding Sami every captain makes mistakes and also Sami to an extent has himself to blame, I feel sorry for him because he is talented and hardworking but mentally weak bowler

Still no proof....confirmed liar (again) :))

Namak has been tossed around like a rag doll in this thread and violated quite badly.

D_V and N_H, can you both immediately stop with the personal remarks about each other.

You can criticize him but you keep overlooking his actual contributions whicvh sare decent and you keep highlighting every small mistake even sometimes when it was not fully hgis fault (for example you keep mentioning the 4-0 and 3-1 as though the Test victories never happen)

This is exactly what I am talking about.

Why should we overlook Misbah's ODI's tenure?

Give me one good reason.

If sami says Misbah is the reason for his lack of success then we will discuss it.

Rashid is blowing his own trumpet.

Its very different to the Ajmal article.

Hmmm, yes I actually realized that after I posted it. But his opinion shouldn't count for nothing.

I agree Misbah defensiveness is annoying but in this Test series he was better and more attacking with his tactics than usual.

For example in 2nd Test Misbah hiomself hit quickfire 66 and then he promoted Abdur Rehman to hit out and made a good declaration

In the 3rd Test also Pakistan made a daring declaration

So even though Misbah is defensive in one day in Test he captained well I am thinking. Regarding Sami every captain makes mistakes and also Sami to an extent has himself to blame, I feel sorry for him because he is talented and hardworking but mentally weak bowler

I noticed that as well, but was still upset with Misbah for not saving the series. In all honesty, after the record he had, I was really expecting him to extract a win and save the series but he didn't. I understand that rain did play a part into it, but to be honest, Pakistan didn't play very well either. I mean letting Sanga score two 190+s or something was it? He's a great player, but in the same series is inexcusable. A captain should have a plan to get the danger man out.

Also, Misbah is an awful ODI captain. Such a shame that no one can replace him. I wish Shoaib Malik was still in form and on top of his game. What a captain he would've made.

D_V and N_H, can you both immediately stop with the personal remarks about each other.

Should be directed to Ironcat as well, who continously throws offensive abuse towards other posters.

I myself am included in this, but one can only handle abuse so much from the same poster.

Also, Misbah is an awful ODI captain. Such a shame that no one can replace him. I wish Shoaib Malik was still in form and on top of his game. What a captain he would've made.

This.

Misbah must retire from ODIs.

If Misbah was 10 years younger then I would have no qualms, but he is 38. There's not much of a career left in him, or time to mould his approach.

Pakistan will never win anything defending, we should be attacking all guns blazing. This is why IK is a legend, and Misbah is not.

This.

Misbah must retire from ODIs.

If Misbah was 10 years younger then I would have no qualms, but he is 38. There's not much of a career left in him, or time to mould his approach.

Pakistan will never win anything defending, we should be attacking all guns blazing. This is why IK is a legend, and Misbah is not.

I agree, but who to replace him with?

I'm all for the planning for WC, but we don't want to start losing games left right and center either (even though we are for the most part, 4-8 in the last 12 ODIs including Asia Cup).

I'd say this is mostly the fault of the PCB for not proper planning.

But the sooner Misbah leaves the ODI team as captain and batsman, the better. His approach to the game won't get us anywhere.

I agree, but who to replace him with?

I'm all for the planning for WC, but we don't want to start losing games left right and center either (even though we are for the most part, 4-8 in the last 12 ODIs including Asia Cup).

I'd say this is mostly the fault of the PCB for not proper planning.

But the sooner Misbah leaves the ODI team as captain and batsman, the better. His approach to the game won't get us anywhere.

Whoever it is I do not think they can do any worse.

My deep down feeling is that PCB missed a trick after the Spot Fixing scandal. It was a time to start from a clean slate but PCB has decided to stick with players nearing 40.

For starters I would get rid of the following from the ODI squad.

Misbah
Younis Khan
Afridi

3 spaces is enough to experiment with players. We have time to experiment with the WC a few years away.

Whoever it is I do not think they can do any worse.

My deep down feeling is that PCB missed a trick after the Spot Fixing scandal. It was a time to start from a clean slate but PCB has decided to stick with players nearing 40.

For starters I would get rid of the following from the ODI squad.

Misbah
Younis Khan
Afridi

3 spaces is enough to experiment with players. We have time to experiment with the WC a few years away.

I agree with that actually. After the spot-fixing scandal, 3 got caught but who knows how many were involved.

The only ones that should've been kept for sure should've been Azhar and Shafiq, alas, we've moved on from that and pretty handsomely.

Right, they probably can't do worse, but is there even a player in the squad that has captaincy merit? People keep saying Azhar Ali but I don't even know why they tout him as a future captain. I think he could make a wonderful ODI player in a couple of series though - just has to learn to accelerate and not bog the team down.

And I'm not sure I'd get rid of Afridi right now, unless we're going to replace him with Mohammad Nawaz, then I'm okay with it :farhat

I agree with that actually. After the spot-fixing scandal, 3 got caught but who knows how many were involved.

The only ones that should've been kept for sure should've been Azhar and Shafiq, alas, we've moved on from that and pretty handsomely.

Right, they probably can't do worse, but is there even a player in the squad that has captaincy merit? People keep saying Azhar Ali but I don't even know why they tout him as a future captain. I think he could make a wonderful ODI player in a couple of series though - just has to learn to accelerate and not bog the team down.

And I'm not sure I'd get rid of Afridi right now, unless we're going to replace him with Mohammad Nawaz, then I'm okay with it :farhat

I say let's think outside of the box.

Junaid Khan / Hammad are two names that spring to mind.

What's the worse that can happen? The team loses, then loses, then learns, then wins.

We need young blood to lead us, not old skool thinking which has failed time and time again in ODIs.

Afridi wise, I think old age is catching up with him. He's better playing in short bursts of energy which is why he is suited for T20.

I say let's think outside of the box.

Junaid Khan / Hammad are two names that spring to mind.

What's the worse that can happen? The team loses, then loses, then learns, then wins.

We need young blood to lead us, not old skool thinking which has failed time and time again in ODIs.

Afridi wise, I think old age is catching up with him. He's better playing in short bursts of energy which is why he is suited for T20.

I understand the point about Afridi.

Junaid or Hammad? Neither of them can even cement their selection. Although, I'm not really sure how the decision on Greame Smith was made.

Malik was a masterstroke earlier that ended up failing because of crap other than his captaincy.

PCB are probably looking to make Malik the captain honestly, though I would have just gone for Azhar Ali anyway.

So that means you are doubting the fact that Imran doesn't have the approval of the general public?
Where did I say that? You need to prove that Misbah has no public support.

iZeeshan said:
What do you think the general sentiment about Misbah is in Pakistan? Check Facebook and the parodies and see how much fun Misbah is made of.
LOL. Facebook. Parodies. That's all they teach you in colleges these days to do research with?

iZeeshan said:
Did you ever watch that video on Youtube where Shahid Afridi is yelling at Misbah to play a shot? Tells you about the sentiment in Pakistan going around.
I can't even fathom what your future employer's face will look like, when you respond to his or her research task with, "Hey, I found a Youtube video..."

iZeeshan said:
Don't see why that's pie in my face. I just asked for proof. Now that it's there, since when did we decide that making money and having public support is the only qualification for a legend?
Check your post again. Your point was, prove that she didn't have large public support. That point was tossed a pie in the face.

iZeeshan said:
Now the first link is irrelevant, because Saif Ali Khan's opinion is not the public's NOT to mention that it's again a diplomatic statment because he acts with her often.
I gave you both the professional opinion as well as the opinion of the local "academy".

iZeeshan said:
Second, look what you can find on the internet if you try.

http://specials.rediff.com/women07/2007/mar/06wslid1.htm
Go through the comments. The PUBLIC declares Madhuri Dixit in a majority, hell maybe even all of these comments. Barely saw any with Kareena's name.
You really have no clue how to do even a simple piece of research. Kareena has got hundreds of award and all you can find us is a bunch of comments to an article.

Pitiful.

iZeeshan said:
They're all factors of it. None are more important than the other - depends on the situation. Could be more, could be less.

A legend's status is undisputed.
A cop-out. Depends on this, depends on that.

Tells me you have no real definition of a legend.

iZeeshan said:
Afridi hasn't won Pakistani hearts because he's a legend, it's because of his persona, WC, aggressive batting, etc. So there goes that statement.
Clearly, then, legends have nothing to do with winning public hearts. They may even be public enemies and only later once public realizes what they were, they are termed legends. No?

iZeeshan said:
Ironcat, do you even think Misbah is a legend? Or are you arguing just for the sake of proving your troll status?
The only troll here is the one who can't even present a single piece of evidence of his own from his past 27K posts.

Last edited:
Back