The Misbah-ul-Haq Captaincy Analysis Thread

Read post 2123...

Your post has already been replied for god sakes.. Now plz stop begging me to answer your post.. Some answers are sometimes in the replies to other quotes... Try to read all the posts

:)) :)) You think that answers it!?

Shahrukh, stop fooling yourself. "Almost losing a game" does not attribute to anyone being a good captain or proving that any team is good. I already told you that and you ignored that as well.

I do read all the posts and I clearly remember reading that one as well.

How about I remind you of my post and you respond accordingly.

Also if mine is 2133, then how would 2123 be a response to it? Doesn't make sense does it.

we are losing ODI games left right and centre

Asia cup mera baap jeet kar laiya hai...

Honestly, now you cant expect him to win every series....

Still hasn't Misbah won more series then Afridi as captain?

:)) :)) Now we can't even expect the legendary captain to win us every series. :))

Shahrukh please stop talking you're making the Misbots look bad.

that same bangladesh defeated Sri Lanka and India and ended up reaching the final...

The world Cup champions and runner ups couldn't defeat Bangladesh, but Pakistanw as the only country to defeat them, and not once but twice...

And plz don't try to ignore the fact that Bangladesh was quite a challenge for us...

DOn't tell me that you and NH were not worreid when the game went to the final over....

Bro, so let me get this straight.

Bangladesh is a challenge for Pakistan, takes it to last over - makes them a good team, aka Pakistan's fault for letting the game go that close

Pakistan wins the Asia Cup - Misbah's brilliance?

Instead of accusing people of doing that, you do the same thing, every single time!

Also, the Sri Lanka game was a dead rubber. Against India was a fantastic wins but they have pulled out these fantastic wins here and there all the time.

Not to mention, how does "almost losing to a team" make Misbah a good captain or Bangladesh a good team?Isn't it Pakistan's fault for letting the game get that close against an understood minnow?

Above are your two posts, and my responses to it. You never responded to either.

Don't tell me I'm begging, I just want to you to respond before you start calling me a liar, ghaddar, or whatever it is you like to call other posters.

Last edited:
I cant post an answer for every similar post.. Your post is quite similar and ridiculous to nh's... My post also replies to urs

I cant post an answer for every similar post.. Your post is quite similar and ridiculous to nh's... My post also replies to urs

How Shahrukh? You basically say the same thing over and over again.

Let me get this straight - this is what you are saying right, "Bangladesh got really close to winning, that must mean that they are a good team"

Isn't what you said about Zimbabwe as well?

I know you have a knack for repeating yourself so you might as well have repeated yourself once more in response to my post, but you couldn't because you don't have one.

You call Misbah a legendary captain, but then say you don't expect him to win every series. I think you might be the "Great Ghaddar" actually. :))

Schooled.

You call Misbah a legendary captain, but then say you don't expect him to win every series. I think you might be the "Great Ghaddar" actually. :))

Schooled.

How many legendary captain win every single series?

You are like Namak_Halal, somebody with no cricket knowledge. Thats why that idiot posts 3-0 predictions everywhere he goes, because he has no understanding of the nuances and subtleties of the game.

No captain wins every single series, its a very simple point but you guys can't accept this?

How Shahrukh? You basically say the same thing over and over again.

Let me get this straight - this is what you are saying right, "Bangladesh got really close to winning, that must mean that they are a good team"

Isn't what you said about Zimbabwe as well?

I know you have a knack for repeating yourself so you might as well have repeated yourself once more in response to my post, but you couldn't because you don't have one.

Schooled.

yaar why are you even arguing with him?? if it was up to him he would rate misbah right up with imran khan lol

You are like Namak_Halal, somebody with no cricket knowledge. Thats why that idiot posts 3-0 predictions everywhere he goes, because he has no understanding of the nuances and subtleties of the game.

No captain wins every single series, its a very simple point but you guys can't accept this?

actually the person whose calling Misbah a legendary captain is the biggest idiot in my eyes.

actually the person whose calling Misbah a legendary captain is the biggest idiot in my eyes.

Thats great but im sorry I cant take someone called Afridirocks seriously.

Please dont post again, it hurts my eyes when I read your nonsense.

jzkallah bro.

Yaar, you at least expect them to take you to a victory in every series once they have achieved legendary status.

When Australia was being captained by Ponting and their team had a "legendary" status they were expected to win every series. Losing one or two didn't take that status away from them.

Calm down and try understand what I'm saying.

I'm certainly pretty offended that you think I have no cricketing knowledge. I may know less than you of course, but being born and raised in the US I think I know enough to make a point like this.

Also, are you shahrukh's lawyer now?

Thats great but im sorry I cant take someone called Afridirocks seriously.

Please dont post again, it hurts my eyes when I read your nonsense.

jzkallah bro.

Now anyone who is an Afridi fan can't be taken seriously? :)) What a joke man. Thought you were a decent poster but you pull out flashes of brilliance with this kind of crap.

Are you also saying that Misbah is a legendary captain then?

Yaar, you at least expect them to take you to a victory in every series once they have achieved legendary status.

When Australia was being captained by Ponting and their team had a "legendary" status they were expected to win every series. Losing one or two didn't take that status away from them.

Calm down and try understand what I'm saying.

No my post had nothing to do with Sharukh but with your win everything comment.

I don't care about 'expected' and other subjective words like that that cannot be proven and vary from person to person.

Of course we want Pakistan to win every single match they play, thats our job as fans. Unfortunately we know that is not the case and cannot be the case, that is the nature of cricket.

Its like in Football. Do you follow it? I will give you an example.

SAF is a legendary manager because he leads a strong Man UTD team to the league 9/10 times, however someone managing a weaker team can also be legendary in a sense. Take David Moyes of Everton for instance.

Both make best use of their resources in the best way they can.

Now anyone who is an Afridi fan can't be taken seriously? :)) What a joke man. Thought you were a decent poster but you pull out flashes of brilliance with this kind of crap.

Are you also saying that Misbah is a legendary captain then?

No of course not, I am an afridi fan too...

I cant take someone called afridirocks seriously.

See the difference.

No my post had nothing to do with Sharukh but with your win everything comment.

I don't care about 'expected' and other subjective words like that that cannot be proven and vary from person to person.

Of course we want Pakistan to win every single match they play, thats our job as fans. Unfortunately we know that is not the case and cannot be the case, that is the nature of cricket.

Its like in Football. Do you follow it? I will give you an example.

SAF is a legendary manager because he leads a strong Man UTD team to the league 9/10 times, however someone managing a weaker team can also be legendary in a sense. Take David Moyes of Everton for instance.

Both make best use of their resources in the best way they can.

I understand what you are saying and it makes sense.

However, I would think Misbah would have to continue on like this for at least another 2-3 to be even close to "legendary" status.

How long as David Moyes coached/managed Everton? Is he considered legendary? I understand the example because I know football, but don't know the exact players/teams/coaches under question.

I'm certainly pretty offended that you think I have no cricketing knowledge. I may know less than you of course, but being born and raised in the US I think I know enough to make a point like this.

Apologies for this.

I meant to say you are being like Namak-halal who is someone with no cricketing knowledge.

Apologies for confusion. It is him who I referred to.

To you I always say don't be like him :p

Apologies for this.

I meant to say you are being like Namak-halal who is someone with no cricketing knowledge.

Apologies for confusion. It is him who I referred to.

To you I always say don't be like him :p

Thank you for your apology.

It may be of your opinion that he has no cricketing knowledge, I certainly don't think the same.

In fact, I think that way about Ironcat who tries to justify everything by stats without looking at the overall picture.

I understand what you are saying and it makes sense.

However, I would think Misbah would have to continue on like this for at least another 2-3 to be even close to "legendary" status.

How long as David Moyes coached/managed Everton? Is he considered legendary? I understand the example because I know football, but don't know the exact players/teams/coaches under question.

It depends really. Its all relative. Does legendary mean winning trophies?

Moyes will definitely go down as an everton legend and perhaps by some as a Premier League legend. All will however recognize him as an excellent manager.

Misbah is at the moment one of the best captains we have ever had. If he takes us to a good result in SAFrica he will be legendary in my eyes.

If he doesn't he will still finish up his career as an excellent leader who got us through a sticky patch when all the worlds attention was on us.

It depends really. Its all relative. Does legendary mean winning trophies?

Moyes will definitely go down as an everton legend and perhaps by some as a Premier League legend. All will however recognize him as an excellent manager.

Misbah is at the moment one of the best captains we have ever had. If he takes us to a good result in SAFrica he will be legendary in my eyes.

If he doesn't he will still finish up his career as an excellent leader who got us through a sticky patch when all the worlds attention was on us.

I'm sorry, but are we just going to pretend that his pathetic W/L record in ODIs doesn't exist?

I'm sorry, but are we just going to pretend that his pathetic W/L record in ODIs doesn't exist?

No when has anybody pretended it doesnt exist?

You guys can't see past it for some reason.

ODIs are very important and of course we want to win them all.

However Tests are the challenge and the thing that cements legacy.

Even nowadays when KP retired from English LOIs for instance the cricketing world was thinking the same. He wants to play Tests to cement his legacy. Test cricket is where you are rated in history by followers of the game.

Nobody has became a cricketing legend from LOIs alone. Sorry thats a fact.

No when has anybody pretended it doesnt exist?

You guys can't see past it for some reason.

ODIs are very important and of course we want to win them all.

However Tests are the challenge and the thing that cements legacy.

Even nowadays when KP retired from English LOIs for instance the cricketing world was thinking the same. He wants to play Tests to cement his legacy. Test cricket is where you are rated in history by followers of the game.

Nobody has became a cricketing legend from LOIs alone. Sorry thats a fact.

What a posh statement to discredit Misbah's poor record.

It goes both ways buddy. No one's become a legend by having a poor record in ODIs either.

KP is a horrible example to defend mIsbah's legendary status.

Not to mention, Misbah is yet to win a series in South Africa, Australia, England, anywhere we have struggled in the past.

He's a few series here and there in subcontinent conditions against several minnows and mediocre teams.

Last edited:
What a posh statement to discredit Misbah's poor record.

It goes both ways buddy. No one's become a legend by having a poor record in ODIs either.

KP is a horrible example to defend mIsbah's legendary status.

Again who is defending the record?

You need to learn to read.

Not to mention, Misbah is yet to win a series in South Africa, Australia, England, anywhere we have struggled in the past.

He's a few series here and there in subcontinent conditions against several minnows and mediocre teams.

Good point, please write a letter to Haroon Lorgat at the ICC and get him to change the FTP with immediate effect so that iZeeshan is satasfied.

Thanks.

Hehehe. Deadly Venom turns to not so Deadly Dood! Hai hai hai!

Anyone who has cricketing knowledge and a pair of eyes will tell you SL were playing a dead runner vs Bangladesh in the Asia Cup. DV and Sharukh never watched the tournament in full so are blagging their way through this thread.

Not only this, those with cricketing knowledge did not, could not, would not predict 3-0 victory vs England. Alas Pakistan won 3-0.

You see folks, knowledge is nothing without intelligence, and Misbah's minions can't even spell intelligence let alone speak it.

Good point, please write a letter to Haroon Lorgat at the ICC and get him to change the FTP with immediate effect so that iZeeshan is satasfied.

Thanks.

So instead of defending how Misbah can still be a "LEGEND" without beating those teams or in those countries, you take a jib.

You see, I'm not saying it's Misbah's fault he's not a legend (although his awful ODI record of .77 doesn't help at all) but you can't just consider him a legend based on two years of good performance that too which included several tests against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.

It's just too short of a measure.

Look at the legends we can obviously agree on, Imran Khan, captain and played for Pakistan over at lead 7? 8? 9? years?

Steve Waugh? Captained for Australia over how many years?

No we must not pretend.

For too long Misbots have avoided the topic of ODI. About time an example is made of the situation. The pressure of disscussing ODIs has clearly got to them. The power of truth - it hurts.

ODIs matter cos Misbah is ODI captain.

End of.

Hehehe. Deadly Venom turns to not so Deadly Dood! Hai hai hai!

Anyone who has cricketing knowledge and a pair of eyes will tell you SL were playing a dead runner vs Bangladesh in the Asia Cup. DV and Sharukh never watched the tournament in full so are blagging their way through this thread.

Not only this, those with cricketing knowledge did not, could not, would not predict 3-0 victory vs England. Alas Pakistan won 3-0.

You see folks, knowledge is nothing without intelligence, and Misbah's minions can't even spell intelligence let alone speak it.

Still not sighted the moon old man?

I thought you were givingen up two days ago for religious reasons.

No shame NH no shame, but what to expect from a shameless liar who has been caught at least 50 times.

As I said, predict enough 3-0s and one will come correct but really what is the point arguing with someone who can't tell the truth even in Ramadan?

So instead of defending how Misbah can still be a "LEGEND" without beating those teams or in those countries, you take a jib.

You see, I'm not saying it's Misbah's fault he's not a legend (although his awful ODI record of .77 doesn't help at all) but you can't just consider him a legend based on two years of good performance that too which included several tests against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.

Look at the legends we can obviously agree on, Imran Khan, captain and played for Pakistan over at lead 7? 8? 9? years?

Who are you arguing with here?

Yourself again?

So legendary status depends on time?

So legendary status depends on time?

It depends on some sort of consistency and maintaining that consistency over a period of time.

You're obviously not going to call Umar Akmal a legend because he scored 76 off 56 balls in an ODI against Australia.

I just don't understand how Misbah can be called a legend.

Misbots clearly afraid of the truth and now resorting to religion for the sake of salvaging some paltry position. Dear oh dear.

This thread will entertain me through Ramadan. Changing my mind is no crime. Free will.

I'm confused. ?

I said Misbah will be a legend if we beat the Saffers.

You are arguing as if I am saying he is a legend now.

What are you trying to say? Are you expressing your own opinions or arguing with a post of mine?

It depends on some sort of consistency and maintaining that consistency over a period of time.

You're obviously not going to call Umar Akmal a legend because he scored 76 off 56 balls in an ODI against Australia.

Umar Akmal? His SR has declined under Misbah. What about Afridi? The best ODI captain in the last 5 years based on W/L ratio.

The truth runs marathons.

:)

Brothers and Sisters.

Ramadan Mubarek ho.

I am not going to be posting in this for now but rest assured the next chapter in this saga will continue in this thread after a month.

Pakistan Zindabad!

Learn to read.

It was not posting for a month in this thread, AND, as you may have realised, Ramadan is starting on Saturday in the UK and not tomorow.

Shamless liar as usual.

How can we take someone so seriously who views a holy month with such scant regard?

In fact, I think that way about Ironcat who tries to justify everything by stats without looking at the overall picture.
Says someone who couldn't come up with a single post out of his 27K where he had made a point using ANY evidence of his own.

Focus on your internship, dude. At least they pay you there for getting schooled.

Legendary status depends on consistency over time or achieving what seems like the unbelievable.

Beating the Saffers at home (Pakistan has never done this) and beating the No.1 team will go down in history as a momentous achievement.

Of course Misbots are waiting for the SA result before calling Misbah a legend, it's not like Misbah won the WC or something, plenty of match losing performances though.

A) It will demolish the notion of 3-0 vs England in Tests being a fluke.

B) Misbots have no faith in Misbah's ODI captaincy or performance vs the upcoming challenge of heavyweights including AUS, IND, and of course SA.

B) Misbots have no faith in Misbah's ODI captaincy or performance vs the upcoming challenge of heavyweights including AUS, IND, and of course SA.

:)) more lies old man. As I said stick to watching bollywood movies with your indian brethren and leave the cricket talk to us Pakistanis.

Here you go....
Aussies are on the way down. We should beat them

India I dont really care that much about. We will beat them

Last edited:
Misbah will have something to marinate on tonight after SA shifted the balance of power in the Test match today.

Misbah will have something to marinate on tonight after SA shifted the balance of power in the Test match today.

Aye. 3-0 England with a collapse on the first day was your prediction :))

As I said toss enough 3-0 predictions around 1 will come correct.

What a rubbish statement. He was obviously asked about your plans, etc and he gave the most apt answer available. "captain and coach" - typical diplomatic answer. Nothing about Misbah specifically like the Ajmal quote, which falls under the same umbrella.
Afridi fanboys have grown so accustomed to his hypocrisy and forced "diplomacy" that they have now long forgotten what genuine praise looks like.

Says someone who couldn't come up with a single post out of his 27K where he had made a point using ANY evidence of his own.

Focus on your internship, dude. At least they pay you there for getting schooled.

Afridi fanboys have grown so accustomed to his hypocrisy and forced "diplomacy" that they have now long forgotten what genuine praise looks like.

Ironcat, after debating with DV for a while, your opinions have been rendered irrelevant.

You're no longer worth debating with in this thread.

Have a good life.

P.S. I am an Afridi fan but by no means an Afridi fanboy. I have criticized him many times, just like I have Misbah.

My SKY decoder was fixed today and my first test was to watch the T20 2009 WC final (from 212 minutes onwards) and man, what memories.

That 6. Hai hai hai - Boom Boom; Boom Boom - says Bumble.

Thank you for the match winning innings and memories Afridi.

No better ground than Lord's under a clear blue sky.

I said Misbah will be a legend if we beat the Saffers.

You are arguing as if I am saying he is a legend now.

What are you trying to say? Are you expressing your own opinions or arguing with a post of mine?

Legendary status depends on consistency over time or achieving what seems like the unbelievable.

Beating the Saffers at home (Pakistan has never done this) and beating the No.1 team will go down in history as a momentous achievement.

A bit of both.

I understand what you're saying, but dude, a win against South Africa in South Africa is a memorable and amazing achievement, but you think that will make Misbah one of the greatest captains of all time? (i.e the definition of a legend, no?)

I will definitely have a lot more respect for Misbah if he get a win in South Africa and probably consider him at least one of our top 5 captains, but legend? Nah.

Ironcat, after debating with DV for a while, your opinions have been rendered irrelevant.
To boldly "post logic" where no one has "posted logic" before.

What a constant joy you are.

A bit of both.

I understand what you're saying, but dude, a win against South Africa in South Africa is a memorable and amazing achievement, but you think that will make Misbah one of the greatest captains of all time? (i.e the definition of a legend, no?)

I will definitely have a lot more respect for Misbah if he get a win in South Africa and probably consider him at least one of our top 5 captains, but legend? Nah.

Time is the judge of all.

It should be duly noted, Test cricket has witnessed 3 whitewashes in the space of around 12 months.

4-0. Eng vs Ind
4-0. Aus vs Ind
3-0. Pak vs Eng.

One result sets you up for well over a year. 3 whitewash results, oh man.

Shall we move on to ODI whitewashes? Best not.

Like I said folks, there is a difference between knowledge and intelligence.

Last edited:
It should be duly noted, Test cricket has witnessed 3 whitewashes in the space of around 12 months.

4-0. Eng vs Ind
4-0. Aus vs Ind
3-0. Pak vs Eng.

One result sets you up for well over a year. 3 whitewash results, oh man.

Shall we move on to ODI whitewashes? Best not.

Like I said folks, there is a difference between knowledge and intelligence.
Methought you weren't going to post in Ramadan for a month

A bit of both.

Why don't you define what makes a legendary captain and then give examples of say 5 legendary captains detailing what made them great?

This will help me to understand where you are coming from.

Last edited:
Miscows' arguments are now cornered into 'Misbah is not a legend'.

Quite a turnaround from the lofty goals of 'We shall question everything Misbah'.

So, can we change the thread title to 'Misbah is not a legend until he wins in SA'? Or something along those lines.

A bit of both.

Why don't you define what makes a legendary captain and then give examples of say 5 legendary captains detailing what made them great?

This will help me to understand where you are coming from.

Yaar honestly, I don't know enough about cricket to outline "legends" to you.

I'd say Imran Khan was a legendary captain - was an amazing player for the team (57 bat, 19 bowl or something), Pakistan team has an amazing record under him after a consistent period in both formats, led Pakistan to a WC victory, played all around the world against numerous teams

I really don't know about many other teams, but I'd also have to say Ponting was a legendary captain. Led Australia to a consistent period of 5-6+ years where they were unstoppable and won them 2 WCs which is incredible.

In terms of players, Wasim is probably a legend. Highest ODI wicket taker ever for a while (still?), reasonably good captain, considered one of the best , if not the best, fast bowler ever.

All I know is that "legend" should be held in a high regard and Misbah-ul-Haq is not even close to being one of the best players to ever play the game, while the 3 above I mentioned are.

They've got stats, achievements, and long consistent periods of superb rule.

Miscows' arguments are now cornered into 'Misbah is not a legend'.

Quite a turnaround from the lofty goals of 'We shall question everything Misbah'.

So, can we change the thread title to 'Misbah is not a legend until he wins in SA'? Or something along those lines.

What do you mean cornered? It's another point of discussion as your Misbot shahrukh keeps claiming that he is a legend.

Perhaps you should start a thread on "Misbah is the best thing to happen in 5 years" thread. That doesn't belong here either.

Yaar honestly, I don't know enough about cricket to outline "legends" to you.

You seem to know enough to say Misbah is not one and cannot be one?

I'd say Imran Khan was a legendary captain - was an amazing player for the team (57 bat, 19 bowl or something), Pakistan team has an amazing record under him after a consistent period in both formats, led Pakistan to a WC victory, played all around the world against numerous teams

Agreed.

Why could Imran Khan only win the world cup on his last attempt and not before?

This is aimed at your previous points where you say why Misbah couldnt win those two tests.

Also basically you are saying that you need to take part in victories all along the world?

What if you don't get the opportunity to do so?

I really don't know about many other teams, but I'd also have to say Ponting was a legendary captain. Led Australia to a consistent period of 5-6+ years where they were unstoppable and won them 2 WCs which is incredible.

Yeah Ponting was good.

Both of the men you detailed were good captains but they had excellent teams. Pontings captaincy crumbled when Mcgrath,Warne,Hayden and Gilly retired.

Misbah doesn't have that luxury yet has still never lost a test series under his captaincy.

That must mean something right?

The Public doesn't care about SR, AVGS, W/L etc - the public only cares about results which is why the public will only remember Wins and Losses (mainly ODI and T20s).

To be considered a legend, one must win the heart of the public.

What do you mean cornered? It's another point of discussion as your Misbot shahrukh keeps claiming that he is a legend.

Perhaps you should start a thread on "Misbah is the best thing to happen in 5 years" thread. That doesn't belong here either.
I thought "no one cared for me, bye"?

Afridi fanboys emulate him in every aspect of life.

Change their minds from series to series.

Change their arguments from page to page.

Change their opinions from post to post.

I thought "no one cared for me, bye"?

Afridi fanboys emulate him in every aspect of life.

Change their minds from series to series.

Change their arguments from page to page.

Change their opinions from post to post.

And what do Misbah fanboys do?

Actually, don't answer that. You're only here to derail the thread and drag others along the dirt with you.

To be considered a legend, one must win the heart of the public.

Ok cool.

Lets go bump all those Tendulkar threads and you can apologise to your indian brethren for slandering him.

He has captured the hearts of 1 billion people. Clearly he must be the biggest legend ever.

After doing so you can sit down and chat with them about the latest Ashweriya rai film :)

And what do Misbah fanboys do?

Actually, don't answer that. You're only here to derail the thread and drag others along the dirt with you.
LOL, I'm not gonna answer it because you know it just as well we simply run a school in this thread. On agrarian..err...humanitarian grounds, to boot.

Simple fact:

Public remembers IK for 1992 glory.
Public remembers SA for 2009 glory.
Public remembers Misbah for gifting India the 2011 WC SF.

I cannot recall any Pakistani news agencies mocking IK or SA, but they have mocked Misbah.

When Misbots attempt to rank Misbah along IK (and SA for that matter) ignore them for they are eternally condemned to damnation.

Bachara DV doesn't understand the difference between The Public and Passionate fans who thrive on minute detail. Then again he did assert Misbah was ranked alongside IK.

:facepalm:

Legends are not neccessarily captains folks.

Someone needs to look up match-winners.

DV clealry hasn't been watching cricket for too long.

You seem to know enough to say Misbah is not one and cannot be one?

:)) Good catch. What I meant is that I don't know about proper statistics and history to try and list out legendary captains.

I'm not exactly sure why Steve Waugh, Clive Lloyed, et cetra are considered legends.

Agreed.

Why could Imran Khan only win the world cup on his last attempt and not before?

This is aimed at your previous points where you say why Misbah couldnt win those two tests.

Also basically you are saying that you need to take part in victories all along the world?

What if you don't get the opportunity to do so?

Well for one, I get what you're saying. However, Imran in the end did win a WC, let's make that clear. WC's are a lot more uncommon than tests, so one is 'enough', for lack of a better word. (actually not even sure that helps my point, in general)

As for Misbah's two tests, I feel like a great, or legendary captain would be able to prevent his team from losing the test series. And let's be honest, it wasn't exactly Hafeez's fault that Pakistan lost the first test - it was a bad performance in general and the umpiring was bad. So it can't be that Misbah had an "idc, it's not my fault" mindset, even though I'm sure he was involved in team planning/strategy from the dressing room.

Perhaps if we weren't going to lose the series, the two draws would be alright.

See, my point makes sense because longevity and playing all-round the world go hand in hand. You can't be considered a legend unless you've won against a variety of teams in a variety of venues, and you can't do that unless you've been en route to a legendary path over several years, not just 2.

Of course it's not as cut & dry and there are exceptions, but that makes sense doesn't it? It's not as if if Misbah captained for 6 years, and ended up with like a 3 W/L ratio, winning everywhere except against Aus in Aus he wouldn't be considered a legend.

Yeah Ponting was good.

Both of the men you detailed were good captains but they had excellent teams. Pontings captaincy crumbled when Mcgrath,Warne,Hayden and Gilly retired.

Misbah doesn't have that luxury yet has still never lost a test series under his captaincy.

That must mean something right?

Of course it means something! That's why I consider Misbah a good, decent test captains. Solid test series victories over a couple of minnows, few mediocre, and one very good team with a not-so star-studded lineup.

But that doesn't mean he's been doing it for 4-5 years.

I just don't see how you can consider Misbah a legend of the game even if he does win in South Africa. That will just bump him up from a decent/good to a great Pakistani captain.

I think the best way to define a legend is one who can be considered one of the best players to ever play the game.

And also, Namak's point, to some extent is correct. He must win the heart of his fans. I do consider Sachin a legend of the game. His stats are unbelievable and he has been something completely else for the Indian team. Yeah he might not have won that many games, but there are lot of factors under that. After the career he's had, there's no way Sachin isn't a legend of the game.

Last edited:
Bachara DV doesn't understand the difference between The Public and Passionate fans who thrive on minute detail. Then again he did assert Misbah was ranked alongside IK.

:facepalm:

Whats the difference?

Is Tendulkar a legend? He has won the hearts of more people in the world than any other player?

C'mon ghaddari give us an answer.

LOL, I'm not gonna answer it because you know it just as well we simply run a school in this thread. On agrarian..err...humanitarian grounds, to boot.

I suggest you take a look at the debate between me and DV to understand how a mature debate follows.

I'm sure it'll teach you a lot.

There you have it folks.

A boy from Coventry has no idea which match Imran won for Pakistan in 1992. Perhaps this is why DV ranks Misbah with IK.

'Cricket Knowledge' indeed.

Back