The Misbah-ul-Haq Captaincy Analysis Thread

Lol at Torpedo and Hawkeye. Humble pie bro humble pie

Hafeez bowling new ball is understandable but Gul...? :/ It won't work most of the times.

Lucky wicket it was but yes I won't mind a humble pie :D

Why does Misbah never learns?We are clueless chasers.

We should always bat first,no matter what.

we might as well have gone home after the toss if we had let india chase, india is a lot weaker setting a target than chasing

If you are going to play with the thought in mind that you can't chase then you will defiantly lose. keep a positive mind.

And India are the best chasers in the world, dont forget the last Asia Cup. And there will be dew in the 2nd innings, which will make bowling harder

Lol at Torpedo and Hawkeye. Humble pie bro humble pie

Plenty of humble pie waiting for the commentators too.

"This Hafeez experiment won't last much longer" --------> Hafeez gets Dhawan two balls later

Gavaskar points out Misbah removed a slip after a boundary, leading to another boundary after fine leg had to come up inside the circle, Ramiz does his usual parroting job and agrees it's rubbish captaincy ------> Kohli dismissed trying to glide the ball through the vacant slip cordon.

:misbah

We have trusted in Misbahs captaincy for a few years now and he hasn't let us down.

I enjoy watching the Misbah haters scramble around for a scrap to feast on after all their other points get shot down.

Long may it continue. In Misbah We Trust :misbah

Plenty of humble pie waiting for the commentators too.

"This Hafeez experiment won't last much longer" --------> Hafeez gets Dhawan two balls later

Gavaskar points out Misbah removed a slip after a boundary, leading to another boundary after fine leg had to come up inside the circle, Ramiz does his usual parroting job and agrees it's rubbish captaincy ------> Kohli dismissed trying to glide the ball through the vacant slip cordon.

:misbah

Haha yes, good planning by King there :misbah

haha not gonna claim he planned the Kohli dismissal, just pointing out the egg on the face of the commentators.

Also for the many PPers that think if Pakistan don't have a slip then it means Misbah is being defensive and not trying to take a wicket.

But when the opposition have a defensive field and slow the run rate down those same PPers then complain that tuk tuk causes Pakistan batsmen to get out because of the pressure.

Logic, how does it work?

We have trusted in Misbahs captaincy for a few years now and he hasn't let us down.

I enjoy watching the Misbah haters scramble around for a scrap to feast on after all their other points get shot down.

Long may it continue. In Misbah We Trust :misbah

Its funny how the haters started to bash him from 1st over when he bought hafeez up

misbah has let this game go. we had them in a precarious position and now he's just giving away free singles. fgs put in some close fielders!

Bhaijaan, if we get a target of 250, we should chase it comfortably, no question mark.... If you can't chase that then your batsmen suck.....

Why why why why why why why did Misbah give Gul three overs in a row when he was clearly being smashed?????

Pathetic pathetic pathetic captaincy once again by Misbah. His decision to go with Gul and jeopardize a young man's career by bowling him 7 overs straight on debut was criminal. Please somebody sack this man enough is enough.

pathetic pathetic pathetic captaincy once again by misbah. His decision to go with gul and jeopardize a young man's career by bowling him 7 overs straight on debut was criminal. Please somebody sack this man enough is enough.

what? :))

bizarre decision by misbah anyone with a head would use talah in the death overs he was economically good and was taking wickets

Bowling Talha 7 overs on the trot on debut shows how clueless this man really is about how to handle bowlers and match situations. Needs to be kicked out of the team and sacked for this criminal act.

bizarre decision by misbah anyone with a head would use talah in the death overs he was economically good and was taking wickets

You mean the Talha that couldn't come back on to bowl because he had cramp/pulled a muscle fielding? Did you expect Misbah to make him stand still at the line lobbing the ball gently down for hitting practice?

:)) Gangnams post provide more entertainment than the fat korean with whose song he shares his name.

Last edited:
Misbah is one of the worst captains in international cricket, under him we can forget about being among the top 3 teams in international cricket.

Historically speaking Pakistans batting has always bottled in big games and what does he do? He drops the allrounder who bats decently and plays an extra bowler and keeps Afridi in the team who hasnt done anything with the bowl or bat against India in 5 years.

How is Junaid supposed to develop if he never bowls his full quota? Gul can but Junaid cant? What exactly has Gul done to lead this attack in the last three years? Give Gul 3 overs straight and he get smacked for 16 in the 47th!

All of you Misbah supporters, can you please explain this to me?

Pakistan has almost always restricted India to 260-270 then what was the point of playing Afridi and an extra bowler? Pakistan will ended up chasing 250 which India usually makes against Pakistan, so what was the point exactly? Playing 1 batsmen less and chasing? Are you kidding me?

Except that Misbah will be the last man standing on the crease with everyone him going back to the pavilion and the age old excuse that if it wasnt for Misbah we would've collapsed within 30-40 overs.

Junaid concedes just 7 runs from the last over of the innings

Gul 16 of his last over

simple. If Misbah had removed Talha from the spell, they would had bashed him for not attacking, and when he bowls him for 7 overs people say Misbah is jeopardizing his career....

Funny thing is, these people barely watch any cricket, don't know that in test Steyn bowls an 8 over spell, and this is considered less.

Bowling Talha 7 overs on the trot on debut shows how clueless this man really is about how to handle bowlers and match situations. Needs to be kicked out of the team and sacked for this criminal act.

WHAT? :)))

He developed some mysterious Dim Mak-esque injury after the 26th over but it took another 16 overs before he realised?

Should have used Junaid at the death instead of Gul, giving Gul 3 overs eventhough he was peing plundered was criminal. Misbah should have realized his mistake after the first two overs atleast. Apart from this his captaincy was good but I would have given Talha the new ball instead of Gul.

Stop bashing misbah man, This pakistani team has long lost the art of finishing the match by killing the opponents. They just dont know how to kill.

Misbah is one of the worst captains in international cricket, under him we can forget about being among the top 3 teams in international cricket.

Historically speaking Pakistans batting has always bottled in big games and what does he do? He drops the allrounder who bats decently and plays an extra bowler and keeps Afridi in the team who hasnt done anything with the bowl or bat against India in 5 years.

How is Junaid supposed to develop if he never bowls his full quota? Gul can but Junaid cant? What exactly has Gul done to lead this attack in the last three years? Give Gul 3 overs straight and he get smacked for 16 in the 47th!

All of you Misbah supporters, can you please explain this to me?

Pakistan has almost always restricted India to 260-270 then what was the point of playing Afridi and an extra bowler? Pakistan will ended up chasing 250 which India usually makes against Pakistan, so what was the point exactly? Playing 1 batsmen less and chasing? Are you kidding me?

Except that Misbah will be the last man standing on the crease with everyone him going back to the pavilion and the age old excuse that if it wasnt for Misbah we would've collapsed within 30-40 overs.

Junaid concedes just 7 runs from the last over of the innings

Gul 16 of his last over

+1000

Somebody please sack this man for the betterment of our team. Absolutely criminal captaincy once again by Misbah. Cannot believe how he gets away with constantly choking when batting and clueless captaincy time and again.

From another thread:

so if 270 is not defend-able then what about 222?
Matches won after scoring 222 or fewer runs since Nov 2010 (When Misbah took over the captaincy). Bear in mind that all 4 of those Sri Lankan wins was shortened by rain, and 2 games each had first innings shortened by rain for Australia, India and England.

Meanwhile, each time Pakistan successfully defended a total less than 222 the opposition had the full 50 overs to chase it.

ma9qONi.jpg

In conclusion:

This man can defend it :misbah

and just to satisfy my own curiosity (I don't cherry pick stats until I get my desired result unlike some so-called statistics gurus) and see the bigger picture, this is the numbers for teams that have had to try and defend 270 or less in the same time period:

HxSE7qc.jpg

That terrible captain must be doing something right :98:

simple. If Misbah had removed Talha from the spell, they would had bashed him for not attacking, and when he bowls him for 7 overs people say Misbah is jeopardizing his career....

Funny thing is, these people barely watch any cricket, don't know that in test Steyn bowls an 8 over spell, and this is considered less.

I don't remember this much outrage when Talha bowled three spells of fours overs each with a break of around 4-5 overs in between each spell against Sri Lanka. Something which is much more demanding than a single 7 over spell.

No accounting for ignorance I suppose.

and misbah has been run out...there goes away our chance of winning this game

Last edited:
From another thread:

That terrible captain must be doing something right :98:

I dont get your point bro, you're showing me stats of how Pakistan is the best at defending, how is that related to what I said later on in my post, you do realize that Pakistan also has one of the best bowling lineups in the game, historically Pakistan has ALWAYS been good at defending, thats all we can do, how does the credit go to Misbah?

So Pakistans batting is SHYTE and he goes on to drop the allrounder who bats decently and keep Afridi and plays an extra bowler!

Pakistan batting ALWAYS chokes against India and he plays an extra bowler and a batsman less? WHAT KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT!!!

Junaid has been our BEST death bowler for a while and you give Gul the ball who goes for 10 an over in his last 3 BUT HE STILL PERSISTS WITH GUL

Junaid bowled the last over and only went for 7 BECAUSE HE IS OUR BEST DEATH BOWLER

IF A ROOKIE LIKE ME CAN REALIZE THIS WHY CANT THE CAPTAIN OF OUR NATIONAL TEAM?

I dont get your point bro, you're showing me stats of how Pakistan is the best at defending, how is that related to what I said later on in my post, you do realize that Pakistan also has one of the best bowling lineups in the game, historically Pakistan has ALWAYS been good at defending, thats all we can do, how does the credit go to Misbah?

A) You said he is one of the worst captains in international cricket. Defending low totals has a lot to do with captaincy.

B) Since Misbah took over, Pakistan have defended 222 or below five times.

In the five years before he was captain, Pakistan did that once (Way back in 2005) and lost 12 times. So much for Pakistan being great at defending and Misbah's captaincy having no effect.

So Pakistans batting is SHYTE and he goes on to drop the allrounder who bats decently and keep Afridi and plays an extra bowler!

Pakistan batting ALWAYS chokes against India and he plays an extra bowler and a batsman less? WHAT KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT!!!

Pakistan's bowling lineup is so good precisely because of the extra options and flexibility provided by the extra bowler.

Junaid has been our BEST death bowler for a while and you give Gul the ball who goes for 10 an over in his last 3 BUT HE STILL PERSISTS WITH GUL

Junaid bowled the last over and only went for 7 BECAUSE HE IS OUR BEST DEATH BOWLER

They showed the stats in the first innings, Junaid's economy rate in the death overs is similar to Gul.

IF A ROOKIE LIKE ME CAN REALIZE THIS WHY CANT THE CAPTAIN OF OUR NATIONAL TEAM?

BECAUSE CAPS LOCK BRO!

Last edited:
And following on from that, I looked at the Win/Loss Ratios when Pakistan has had to defend totals of 270 or less:

Under Misbah: 1.45 (30 games)

10 Years before Misbah became captain: 0.57 (71 games)
5 years before Misbah became captain: 0.36 (29 games)

That incredible history of defending, Misbah's captaincy so pathetic. :(

Last edited:
And because I am just naturally curious I went and looked at the win/loss ratio for every Pakistan captain ever when defending 270 or less:

(Pakistan overall W/L ratio in those games is 0.88 btw)

0w8tnSo.png

and Misbah did it in an era of giant bats and tiny boundaries when 300+ scores are common, without the benefit of Wasim and Waqar at his disposal.

What a pathetic captain. :misbah

and the only captain with a better win/loss ratio when defending 270 or less in the 21st century is Ricky Ponting.

Misbah is rubbish though yeah?

The Misbah-ul-Haq Captaincy Analysis Thread [Merged]

Overall, good today. Won the toss. Restricted India to 248. Promoted himself & Umer up. Well done Misbah.

Oh dear. Our chances have just diminished.

:))) And people call Afridi fans delusional.

Misbah getting run out early when chasing is the best thing that could happen to Pakistan. Hoping the trend continues until the end of 2015WC. I really hope that the team has realized how much the Tuk Tuk hurts us when chasing and have decided to continually runout Misbah early to give us the best chance at winning.

and the only captain with a better win/loss ratio when defending 270 or less in the 21st century is Ricky Ponting.

LOL

You seem to be hell bent on pushing forward the record of Misbah defending a total, let me give you the simple logic behind that, i wont even use selected stats like you to prove my point, any person with a brain can understand the reason

During the era of Wasim and Waqar Pakistan had a great bowling attack which obviously resulted in Wasim being so successful as a captain when Pakistan defended

Then came the era of Inzi/Malik/Younus- During Inzis time Pakistan batting lineup was at its peak. Malik, Younus, Kamran all were in the form of their lives. Pakistan had a lean period in the bowling department with the likes of Sami, Rana since Shoaib was always injured hence totals not defended.

Afridi wasnt half the bowler he is today
Hafeez wasnt half the bowler he is today
Ajmal came in so late and only started playing regularly much later

Misbah has been lucky in the sense that he got this spin trio and even though you said boundries have gotten smaller and bats have gone thicker, you need to realize that over the years batsmen have become more and more vulnerable against quality spin bowling, I can give you a dozen examples.

Your argument that teams are regularly scoring 300 is not a valid one, Pakistan play most of their cricket in the UAE, the spinner get alot of assistance there, teams have not regularly score 300s against Pakistan because we play in the UAE and spinner friendly tracks.

Misbah has this luxury, no other captain in the world does.

Now the kind of argument you've made , you keep focusing on Misbah defending totals but I can turn the same argument on you, if Misbah is such a great leader who has inspired Pakistans bowling to defend totals so regularly that no captain in the history of Pakistan cricket has, why hasnt he been able to improve Pakistans batting/chasing ability in his stint as the captain of Pakistan? Why does Pakistan win the match everytime Misbah gets out cheaply?

A) You said he is one of the worst captains in international cricket. Defending low totals has a lot to do with captaincy.

B) Since Misbah took over, Pakistan have defended 222 or below five times.

In the five years before he was captain, Pakistan did that once (Way back in 2005) and lost 12 times. So much for Pakistan being great at defending and Misbah's captaincy having no effect.

Pakistan's bowling lineup is so good precisely because of the extra options and flexibility provided by the extra bowler.

They showed the stats in the first innings, Junaid's economy rate in the death overs is similar to Gul.

BECAUSE CAPS LOCK BRO!

hahahahahahaha

You say Pakistans bowling line is so good because of the extra options, you just saw today, and countless of times how Pakistans batting lineup collapses and Pakistan loses the game.

No team in the world, and I mean NO TEAM IN THE WORLD goes out with six bowlers, no one in the world considers Afridi a batsman, so you're expecting to go out with 4 batsmen, 1 all-rounder and 1 guy who is a lottery and forced into the team as a wicket keeper?

There have been some great captains in world cricket, ive never seen a revolutionary strategy like this to be honest.

So you play 5 batsmen out of which 2 are new to the team and expect to be a world beater?

What happens next

Pakistan collapses and Misbah is the last man standing with a brilliant 50 and a boosted average.

You also say that they showed the Economy Rate of Gul and Junaid and it was similar, Junaids being a little lower.

Do you know Umar Gul is coming out of a surgery? Do you know Umar Gul is not fully fit? Do you know Umar Guls average and economy rate from the last 2 years?

Since you love "selected stats" so much

DO YOU KNOW JUNAID KHAN WAS THE MOST SUCCESSFUL ODI FAST BOWLER OF 2013?

Is that how Misbah expects his premier fast bowling talent to develop? To learn how to bowl in pressure situations?

You give a has been like Gul the bowl and he gets smashed for 3 overs but you still persist with him and his last over ends up costing 16 runs

Man I feel sorry for Misbah. He just lead his team to a historic win and still being bashed. When will people learn how important he is to the team?

EXACTLY MY POINT!!!

No one considers Ricky Pointing a great captain despite of his incredible record as the captain, reason being he had an amazing bowling lineup and nothing much could be done against it.

Similarly nothing much can be done against Ajmal, Afridi and Hafeez when they are playing in the subcontinent, Misbah only makes the situation worse for Pakistan with his defensive captaincy and atrocious team selection

Pakistan could be winning alot more matches right now if Misbah just plays as a batsman

Misbah today had an average day. His decision to bowl first was a brave one considering Pakistan batting and it showed that despite putting 67 in first 10 overs Pakistan found it difficult to chase 245.
Then at the death he could have done a lot better.

But two positives effects were that he did not allow the pressure of an India clash terrorize players. The second good thing was that the batting order was just perfect with Misbah at 4, Umat at 5 and Sohaib at 6.
He always uses Hafeez against left handers so it is not a new thing.

LOL

You seem to be hell bent on pushing forward the record of Misbah defending a total, let me give you the simple logic behind that, i wont even use selected stats like you to prove my point, any person with a brain can understand the reason

During the era of Wasim and Waqar Pakistan had a great bowling attack which obviously resulted in Wasim being so successful as a captain when Pakistan defended

Then came the era of Inzi/Malik/Younus- During Inzis time Pakistan batting lineup was at its peak. Malik, Younus, Kamran all were in the form of their lives. Pakistan had a lean period in the bowling department with the likes of Sami, Rana since Shoaib was always injured hence totals not defended.

Afridi wasnt half the bowler he is today
Hafeez wasnt half the bowler he is today
Ajmal came in so late and only started playing regularly much later

So Afridi from 2005-2010 couldn't bowl? Are we forgetting Mohammed Amir? Mohammed Asif? Razzaq was around for a decent all-round option. Rana was a very good one day bowler, more than good enough to walk into our team were he around today.

And anyway, did the bowling attack suddenly become good overnight or something? Again, the win/loss ratio under Misbah improved fivefold over what it was over the five years before he was captain.

Now the kind of argument you've made , you keep focusing on Misbah defending totals but I can turn the same argument on you, if Misbah is such a great leader who has inspired Pakistans bowling to defend totals so regularly that no captain in the history of Pakistan cricket has, why hasnt he been able to improve Pakistans batting/chasing ability in his stint as the captain of Pakistan? Why does Pakistan win the match everytime Misbah gets out cheaply?

The captain doesn't bat for the others. The captain does, however, have a much greater impact in the field where he sets fields, changes plans, switches his bowlers around and motivates his team. And Misbah is brilliant in this regard.

hahahahahahaha

You say Pakistans bowling line is so good because of the extra options, you just saw today, and countless of times how Pakistans batting lineup collapses and Pakistan loses the game.

No team in the world, and I mean NO TEAM IN THE WORLD goes out with six bowlers, no one in the world considers Afridi a batsman, so you're expecting to go out with 4 batsmen, 1 all-rounder and 1 guy who is a lottery and forced into the team as a wicket keeper?

There have been some great captains in world cricket, ive never seen a revolutionary strategy like this to be honest.

So you play 5 batsmen out of which 2 are new to the team and expect to be a world beater?

What happens next

Pakistan collapses and Misbah is the last man standing with a brilliant 50 and a boosted average.

Actually happens, more often than not, is Pakistan win.

EXACTLY MY POINT!!!

No one considers Ricky Pointing a great captain despite of his incredible record as the captain, reason being he had an amazing bowling lineup and nothing much could be done against it.

Similarly nothing much can be done against Ajmal, Afridi and Hafeez when they are playing in the subcontinent, Misbah only makes the situation worse for Pakistan with his defensive captaincy and atrocious team selection

Pakistan could be winning alot more matches right now if Misbah just plays as a batsman

Misbah has been lucky in the sense that he got this spin trio and even though you said boundries have gotten smaller and bats have gone thicker, you need to realize that over the years batsmen have become more and more vulnerable against quality spin bowling, I can give you a dozen examples.

Your argument that teams are regularly scoring 300 is not a valid one, Pakistan play most of their cricket in the UAE, the spinner get alot of assistance there, teams have not regularly score 300s against Pakistan because we play in the UAE and spinner friendly tracks.

Misbah has this luxury, no other captain in the world does.

OK, give me two minutes to go to statsguru and check the stats defending those totals outside of Asia then. One of us will be made to look silly. (Fingers crossed that it's not me.)

Last edited:
Liked his captaincy.

Almost cost us the game by continously bowling Gul at the death vs Junaid. Don't he remember how Junaid did in SA at the death?

eh1cZPn.png

Oh dear, Misbah still doing the business outside of the subcontinent :( Defensive captaincy and atrocious team selection annoyingly producing results :(

I look forward to seeing where the goalposts get shifted to next.

Umpire has just gifted us a wicket but not bringing Ajmal into the attack when we desperately needed a wicket was a big mistake

Is this a ploy to not bowl Ajmal during 20-35 overs? If so a poor one, why let opposition team build a base for big score before you expect Ajmal to come in and pick few wickets. Because if he has an off day you are doomed.

And like I said, if Ajmal has an off day in death overs you've basically fudged up the game big time.

Not sure why rehman has been sent in. Akmal could have done with having time at the crease to settle in instead of having to go in and slog. And also if it was Akmal we would have a right-left combination.

Why are ppl assuming that Misbah sent him in? I bet it was Moin's doing.

Sent in to take the shine off the ball for Afridi, plan working like a charm so far ;)

Great planning by team management, whoever it was. Misbah or Moin.

This is called improvisation and thinking out of the box.

Why are ppl assuming that Misbah sent him in? I bet it was Moin's doing.
Dont talk rubbish. Moin will never select Abdur Rehman over Afridi or Umar Akmal in a million years. This is all Misbah who is hellbent on forcing Abdur Rehman on ODI team for God knows how many times

Dont talk rubbish. Moin will never select Abdur Rehman over Afridi or Umar Akmal in a million years. This is all Misbah who is hellbent on forcing Abdur Rehman on ODI team for God knows how many times

Then why has abdur rehman only play 4 odis under misbahs captaincy

Here comes the hater

Horrible captaincy today.

- Too many bowlers, batting lineup too weak with Afridi at 7 and tail at 8,9,10,11.
- The use of Ajmal was atrocious, he is a wicket taker and bowled literally 2 overs in the Inngs. Absurd use of a trump bowler, should bowl at least 6-7 overs before the 35 over mark.

Horrible captaincy today.

- Too many bowlers, batting lineup too weak with Afridi at 7 and tail at 8,9,10,11.
- The use of Ajmal was atrocious, he is a wicket taker and bowled literally 2 overs in the Inngs. Absurd use of a trump bowler, should bowl at least 6-7 overs before the 35 over mark.

k.:yk

If Sri Lanka want to win the final they should keep Misbah in the crease for as long as possible. India and Bangladesh both made a mistake of getting him out way too early. Misbah is a fine Test player but the amount of pressure he puts on the rest of the batsman in ODI's usually leads to a lost for Pakistan.

If Sri Lanka want to win the final they should keep Misbah in the crease for as long as possible. India and Bangladesh both made a mistake of getting him out way too early. Misbah is a fine Test player but the amount of pressure he puts on the rest of the batsman in ODI's usually leads to a lost for Pakistan.
The main reason Pakistan have been able to chase successfully the past 2 games is because Misbah got out quickly.

The main reason Pakistan have been able to chase successfully the past 2 games is because Misbah got out quickly.

There is some truth in it. Misbah usually gets bogged down. I don't recall Pakistan chasing decent totals with Miabah not getting out cheaply.

He is still a very good player for Pakistan but probably not suitable when you need 7-8 runs an over for an extended period.

Big Mac i will take your comments today as a 'i know they are right but dont want to admit it'

Big Mac i will take your comments today as a 'i know they are right but dont want to admit it'

Did Big Mac just say Misbah sent Rehman over Akmal and Afridi to take the shine off the ball? In the 40th over of the innings?

Lmao Big Mac is a genius! Should be hired as a strategist for the team lol

yeah totally, and what a coward for never coming up the order, because hes too scared. not because hes not a number 3.

I don't think Misbah is a good batsman to have when you need lots of runs at a high asking rate. Rarely he plays a good knock in that situation to take Pakistan home.

Last edited:
I don't think Misbah is a good batsman to have when you need lots of runs at a high asking rate. Rarely he plays a good knock in that situation to take Pakistan home.

He did make 70+ runs at a good rate against sri lanka whilst chasing 280 but the middle order collapsed though so we lost.

Misbah can bat aggressively when the asking rate is high but his main problem is that he can't finish games, because he's thrown his wicket away a couple of times when he's been in the 70s-80s

horrible strategy from the captain and think tanks. We all know Junaid is a very good death bowler and a must in these conditions, they dropped him! And who in the world would send Rehman before Afridi and Akmal when the RR is 10 runs per over? Misbah needs to get his head fixed!

He did make 70+ runs at a good rate against sri lanka whilst chasing 280 but the middle order collapsed though so we lost.

Misbah can bat aggressively when the asking rate is high but his main problem is that he can't finish games, because he's thrown his wicket away a couple of times when he's been in the 70s-80s

How often that happens? Well, he can off course play some good innings but I was making an over all observation.

I think he gets bogged down and takes too much pressure on himself. My reading of his game is that he throws his wickets after some decent runs because he finds it hard to rotate the strike. Otherwise I have seen him hitting lusting blows many times. To be able to chase big totals you do need to rotate the strike consistently.

Misbah's game is perfectly suited to hold one end when others are getting out but not suited for when you need big totals to chase. He may do it 2-3 times in future but he has played enough cricket so far to form an impression.

Last edited:
horrible strategy from the captain and think tanks. We all know Junaid is a very good death bowler and a must in these conditions, they dropped him! And who in the world would send Rehman before Afridi and Akmal when the RR is 10 runs per over? Misbah needs to get his head fixed!

I didn't watch the whole game but I found one thing very weird. BD was around 200 with 2 wickets in 35 overs and Ajmal had bowled only 3 overs. I found it very weird.

Keeping Ajmal for the last 15 overs is not a bad idea but if opposition is thrashing your other bowlers so badly then what's the use of keeping him for the last 15 overs.

Last edited:
How often that happens? Well, he can off course play some good innings but I was making an over all observation.

I think he gets bogged down and takes too much pressure on himself. My reading of his game is that he throws his wickets after some decent runs because he finds it hard to rotate the strike. Otherwise I have seen him hitting lusting blows many times. To be able to chase big totals you do need to rotate the strike consistently.

Misbah's game is perfectly suited to hold one end when others are getting out but not suited for when you need big totals to chase. He may do it 2-3 times in future but he has played enough cricket so far to form an impression.

If you go through his innings on cricinfo im sure you will find a number of innings where misbah has batted positivly whilst chasing.

But i agree with you on how he throws his wicket away after making a considerable score becuase he's done that a few times in an attempt to accelarate the run rate.

?

Did Big Mac just say Misbah sent Rehman over Akmal and Afridi to take the shine off the ball? In the 40th over of the innings?

Lmao Big Mac is a genius! Should be hired as a strategist for the team lol

Yes. Because I was being 100% serious. Honest.

Back