The Misbah-ul-Haq Captaincy Analysis Thread

One of them has made a forum-posting career out of an English literature degree. Another one writes novels about a discarded test player. And the rest worship Afridi once after every meal.

And then they start crying when we quote a single number in their faces.:)

You just need to have a look at your user name to show your maturity. What's wrong with posting on a forum and having a degree?

One of them has made a forum-posting career out of an English literature degree. Another one writes novels about a discarded test player. And the rest worship Afridi once after every meal.

And then they start crying when we quote a single number in their faces.:)

Ironcat, nobody pays attention to childish posts like this. To be honest you come across as a very young, angsty and frustrated fellow in your posts (and if you consider yourself to be none of these things, then I would suggest you go away and reflect). You will get bored of being a boorish Internet tough guy after a while, and realise that this whole online debating and debasing thing is really kind of pointless and a waste of time.

Ironcat, nobody pays attention to childish posts like this. To be honest you come across as a very young, angsty and frustrated fellow in your posts (and if you consider yourself to be none of these things, then I would suggest you go away and reflect). You will get bored of being a boorish Internet tough guy after a while, and realise that this whole online debating and debasing thing is really kind of pointless and a waste of time.

This, completely agree. Take a look in the mirror and ask your self 'where am I going in life' with this type of behaviour. Oh my goodness. Captain Misbah who cannot do anything wrong has just dropped a catch :O

Last edited:
Read your own post before claiming a lack of attention.

Trust me, I eat kids like you in breakfast everyday on these forums. Your posts are half littered with personal attacks on other posters, which tells me you have a long way to go before growing up. Hope you prove me wrong.

Well why else you would mention it. No relevance whatso ever to the thread?
I think if we were to talk about relevance, half of your posts would have to be deleted without asking a question.

funny how every Misbah hater has a problem with the post that defends Misbah ul haq.... Looks like these bias people haven't seen some posts by Afridi fans and Umar AKmal fans... Especially Umar AKmal fans.....

Read your own post before claiming a lack of attention.

Trust me, I eat kids like you in breakfast everyday on these forums. Your posts are half littered with personal attacks on other posters, which tells me you have a long way to go before growing up. Hope you prove me wrong.

Says the one who tells another poster to get a life. & you 'eat kids like you' who do you think you are? You think a bit to highly of your self when really its nothing special.

You just seem a very angry man who needs to sort him self out.

Says the one who tells another poster to get a life. & you 'eat kids like you' who do you think you are? You think a bit to highly of your self when really its nothing special.

You just seem a very angry man who needs to sort him self out.
Good, now respond to post 54.

SO, now that your argument has been busted, you now want to escape with a bunch of smileys? :))

Allowing easy singles doesn't mean that a single was scored every ball but a single was allowed every ball. A long on was in place + Perera did score a single off Ajmal to long on.

He also scored many off Hafeez. That's why he is set now and making us pay. Due to poor captaincy.

Allowing easy singles doesn't mean that a single was scored every ball but a single was allowed every ball. A long on was in place + Perera did score a single off Ajmal to long on.

He also scored many off Hafeez. That's why he is set now and making us pay. Due to poor captaincy.
Sorry, your post was about long-on to Ajmal's bowling, and there was only one long-on single given in 25 or so deliveries. So your argument was flushed down the toilet.

Look at what Perera is doing right now. Because of that long on, he didn't get easy pickings. Simples.

Sorry, your post was about long-on to Ajmal's bowling, and there was only one long-on single given in 25 or so deliveries. So your argument was flushed down the toilet.

Look at what Perera is doing right now. Because of that long on, he didn't get easy pickings. Simples.

Those early easy singles allowed him to get settled at the wicket. He is now making us pay.

Those early easy singles allowed him to get settled at the wicket. He is now making us pay.
Wrong. One single doesn't allow you to settle down. Your long-on argument has been busted. Admit it.

When you allow singles , batsmen are bound to settle down.

When ajmal does not fire , pakistan's bowling is as toothless as India's.

When you allow singles , batsmen are bound to settle down.

When ajmal does not fire , pakistan's bowling is as toothless as India's.

Exactly. Misbah supporters BB786, Ironcat & Shahrukh need to realise when their true love is wrong.

Although he has been let down by some poor fielding, this was not a good day at all for Misbah.

Kula struggling to Sami yet the field setting allows Kula an easy single to get off strke.

One more evidence of his poor decision making today is bringing of hafeez and Ajmal before Sami with second new ball.....If he had no confidence in Sami then should have not played him

One more evidence of his poor decision making today is bringing of hafeez and Ajmal before Sami with second new ball.....If he had no confidence in Sami then should have not played him

Exactly, Sami is an attacking option. Misbah is a defensive cricketer.

The Misboyz are fast becoming Pakistan's answer to the Bharat Defender Battery.

Sami was quite poor with the first new ball. Besides, Misbah was testing the batsmen against spin.

Easy single allowed to Herath on the leg side. They are allowing him to get set. He will then make us pay the same way Perera has.

Sami was quite poor with the first new ball. Besides, Misbah was testing the batsmen against spin.

On a pitch not taking turn? Misbah's been disappointing today, cant believe how he's giving easy singles away to new batsmen, poor stuff.

and instead of getting jaya what else did he do? ECONOMY RATE OF 4.05 on a bowling track...

and Herath is gone... :))) And some fools here thought after getting 2-3 singles, Herath has settled in..

had we played rehman, some people would had still basehed Misbah for not playing Sami........... You know haters

Not really. Rehman took 5 wickets last game and scored 60+ runs.

+ now Perera has made 75 and is out. Those 75 runs were made as he was allowed to settle in.

When you have a new batsman in, I want to see them getting attacked fiercely for their first few deliveries.

Unfortunately most recent Pakistani captains don't follow this philosophy. Misbah included.

had we played rehman, some people would had still basehed Misbah for not playing Sami........... You know haters

Well Rehman and Ajmal were must..he could have dropped Gul who has been pathetic but wait Gul is his most favorite..he can't be dropped.

:))

Just when I was pondering whether to type Batman and robin at the scene in a flash again!

Last edited:
Don't know what happend to Misbah today as he missed quite a few tricks. Not bowling Hafeez earlier to get Para out and then not giving Sami a bowl with the 2nd new ball after Junaid seemed little out of sort. Of course Junaid came back and bowled beautifully but not changing him quicker with the 2nd ball and then not giving it to Sami shows me a stand back captaincy. Sami was never and will never be a contained bowler, if yopu have picked him than give him the new ball and see if he can take a quick wicket.

The less said about field placing is better, a lot to be desired.

Did I mention the only way Perera was settled was by Ajmal's easy single, no? Your just using that because your in the wrong..
Your argument got busted, and now you are looking for excuses.

You said exactly what I quoted. So, don't lie now.

Your other blurb was about getting Hafeez to bowl sooner, which was proven to be irrelevant.

Don't know what happend to Misbah today as he missed quite a few tricks. Not bowling Hafeez earlier to get Para out and then not giving Sami a bowl with the 2nd new ball after Junaid seemed little out of sort. Of course Junaid came back and bowled beautifully but not changing him quicker with the 2nd ball and then not giving it to Sami shows me a stand back captaincy. Sami was never and will never be a contained bowler, if yopu have picked him than give him the new ball and see if he can take a quick wicket.

The less said about field placing is better, a lot to be desired.

Ok now honestly, tell me when Umar Gul and Junaid failed to do anything, what was the probability that Sami would get a wicekt.. Sami who had been quite poor with the first new ball and was bowling at an economyrate of 4 on a bowling track...

Stop coming up with excuses, that oh why din't Misbah try this and that bowler... THere is even a thread on PP that why wasn't Azhar Ali bought in to bowl :facepalm: Had he bought in, people would had went on that, oh look Misbah is removing pressure of batsmen by bringin in Azhar Ali................

Excuses excuses excuses.

oh so if someone else says something like that and is a Misbah fan, he is a childish poster and is an fruturated and angry poster according to you.. But what about this post of yours????

Hypocrate.....

so its all right if you do not.. I see...

Your argument got busted, and now you are looking for excuses.

You said exactly what I quoted. So, don't lie now.

Your other blurb was about getting Hafeez to bowl sooner, which was proven to be irrelevant.

you should read some post in this thread, when bullet drive and everyone went crazy, when herath took a single... They thought Herath has settled in by taking a single:asif

Misbah looked clueless during the Perera and Kulasekera partnership, but overall his captaincy was decent.

Had Perera been caught at long-on, everyone would have been praising Misbah's excellent captaincy.

Spreading the field can work for you and it can work against you too, same with having an attacking field for a tail-ender, who are likely to slog or get an edge and get some quick runs.

Everything is so simple in hind-sight, eh?

Had Perera been caught at long-on, everyone would have been praising Misbah's excellent captaincy.

Spreading the field can work for you and it can work against you too, same with having an attacking field for a tail-ender, who are likely to slog or get an edge and get some quick runs.

Everything is so simple in hind-sight, eh?

I agree. This post should signify the end of constructive criticism and analysis in sport. From this day forward, never again will a decision taken by a sportsman be judged on its happening in the moment.

ironcat, nobody pays attention to childish posts like this. To be honest you come across as a very young, angsty and frustrated fellow in your posts (and if you consider yourself to be none of these things, then i would suggest you go away and reflect). You will get bored of being a boorish internet tough guy after a while, and realise that this whole online debating and debasing thing is really kind of pointless and a waste of time.

:))) lol

I agree. This post should signify the end of constructive criticism and analysis in sport. From this day forward, never again will a decision taken by a sportsman be judged on its happening in the moment.

Criticise all you want but keep in mind that every decision can pay off or make you a laughing stock.

Had Perera been greeted with the field in, he might have started launching from ball one. Singles are not the only way to set yourself in.

Barring a few posters, people are not really giving any constructive criticism.

Last edited:
Trust me, I eat kids like you in breakfast everyday on these forums.

:))) :))) :)))

35cgam.jpg

Mr.Misbah is a defensive captain.His first and biggest mistake was dropping umar from the TEST squad.

Misbah-lites :)))

I chose Misboyz after also toying with Misbros, but we should come to a general consensus

Here comes the hater, who thinks anyone who defends Misbah is childish, but doesn't look at his own childish posts..... what a hypocrate...

Pakistan bowl out side: All hail Misbah, the saviour of Pakistan cricket
Pakistan concede 130 runs to the tail: The bowlers didn't turn up

Here comes the hater, who thinks anyone who defends Misbah is childish, but doesn't look at his own childish posts..... what a hypocrate...

Beta this is simply not true.

I actually think you are some kind of Bot.

No human can post such garbage.

Beta this is simply not true.

I actually think you are some kind of Bot.

No human can post such garbage.

Lol garbage? So If one supports his captain and appreciates his efforts(something that not everyonr in pak does) my post are garbage...

Lol typical stuff from misbah haters... Name calling...

You can't prove you're point, then just start calling names

Back