The 'Ramadan Kareem' Thread

( Thursday 23rd April – Saturday 23rd May)

Places of worship will remain closed for the current time

Staying at home during Ramadan will play an important part in the nation’s effort to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). That’s the message from health experts and Muslim leaders as communities across England prepare to celebrate the holy month.

The government’s current stay at home and social distancing rules apply to all UK citizens and are supported by a wide variety of Muslim community organisations including the British Board of Scholars and Imams. The government recognises that this is an unprecedented request but following these rules will help control the spread of coronavirus and protect family, friends, the wider community, and the most vulnerable.

Keeping yourself and loved ones well during Ramadan this year will mean adapting usual religious and cultural practices. This is particularly important for protecting vulnerable people who are shielding because of underlying health conditions as well as family, friends and carers of those who are most vulnerable.

During Ramadan you should only leave your home for one of four reasons:

shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible.
one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household.
any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home.
Traditionally Ramadan is a time for communal prayer, spiritual reflection, meals with extended family and friends to break daily fasts, and concludes with the community celebration of Eid-Al Fitr. Whilst staying at home throughout the holy month will be challenging, it is necessary to protect the NHS and save lives.

Consider how you could use technology to stay connected with your family, friends and wider religious community at this time. Video and social media could connect you to worship services and ceremonies. Individual pastoral and care visits could be received by phone. Despite being physically apart, religious practices could be observed at the same time of day as the rest of your faith community. Your faith leaders will be able to advise you on the many ways for you to stay connected.

Fasting for healthy people can continue as usual this Ramadan. If you have very mild symptoms of coronavirus or a flu-like illness and don’t require medication or treatment, as advised by a physician, you can also fast but should do so while self-isolating. Other coronavirus patients with more severe symptoms should consider not fasting, as is usual for patients with any serious illness. Always consult your physician for advice on the particular circumstances of your condition and whether or not fasting is advisable. People preparing food for others for iftar or suhoor, shouldn’t do so if they have any symptoms of coronavirus or any other flu-like illness, even if the symptoms are mild.

In addition to performing wudu before prayers, healthy hygiene should also be maintained through handwashing for 20 seconds, using soap and water or a hand sanitiser, when you enter your home, blow your nose, sneeze or cough and eat or handle food, to help protect yourself and others.

Osman Dar, Consultant in Global Health at Public Health England said: “Ramadan is a time for prayer, contemplation, self-sacrifice and charity – all of these qualities are key to supporting our collective effort in tackling this pandemic. This Ramadan, let’s think about how we can best protect the most vulnerable in our families, amongst our neighbours and in all our diverse communities. By working together we can minimise the transmission of coronavirus and reduce the chances of overwhelming our health and care services. Let us not forget the deeply spiritual reminders this pandemic brings; unite, pull together and leave nobody behind insha’Allah.

Stay at home for Ramadan

Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home)
If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times.
Wash your hands as soon as you get home
Do not meet others, even friends or family. You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.
If you’re clinically extremely vulnerable you’re strongly advised to stay at home at all times and avoid any face-to-face contact, to protect yourself. Read more about shielding.

If you have symptoms that may be caused by coronavirus, and do not require hospital treatment, or if you live in a household with someone who shows symptoms that may be caused by coronavirus you must remain at home until you are well. Read more about self-isolation and household isolation.

The UK Government is following a scientific-led action plan to reduce the impact of coronavirus, to protect the NHS and to save lives. The success of this plan depends on the nation’s support to follow the guidance. Please follow this guidance and stay safe this Ramadan.

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/04/22/stay-at-home-for-ramadan/

The World Health Organization (WHO) has reissued its guidance on observing Ramadan - a month-long Islamic fast that begins tomorrow - during the pandemic.

The guidance says that while it's fine for healthy people to fast as usual, Covid-19 patients should "consider religious licences regarding breaking the fast in consultation with their doctors, as they would do with any other disease".

"Despite the different execution in practices this year, it is important to reassure the faithful that they can still reflect, improve, pray, share, and care – all from a healthy distance," it adds.

So although Ramadan may be different this year, it's still possible to observe it faithfully. Earlier this month, BBC religion journalist Sophia Smith-Galer looked at different ways of celebrating religious festivals while staying at home.

Ramadan Mubarak everyone. Let’s make the most out of it this time.:)

From rustling up meals to break the fast using recipes on YouTube to listening to sermons via Zoom, this year’s Ramadan will be unique for Britain’s estimated 2.6 million Muslims with a reliance on technology due to coronavirus.

With the first day of fasting due on Friday or Saturday, depending on the sighting of the new moon, mosques in the UK are adapting to the lockdown measures by turning to social media and apps to keep in touch with worshippers by livestreaming motivational lectures, courses and prayers.

Facebook Live, Instagram, the Houseparty app and YouTube are expected to be among the sources for those abstaining from food and drink from sunrise to sunset each day to prevent any potential spiritual vacuum caused by the closure of places of worship since late March.

Imran Choudhury, 31, from Luton, a mosque volunteer, believes Islamic places of worship have an opportunity to connect with young Muslims via technology.

He said: “The mosques for me are spiritual hubs, a place where I can recharge my faith in God. Now that they are closed it’s become really important that I fill that spiritual void.

“There’s only so much you can listen to on YouTube but having a live connection with your imam and local scholars through Mixlr, GoMeet or Zoom, is a great way of keeping spirits high.

“I think, in a positive way, this will definitely become the norm even after things have calmed down.

“By using these platforms, the mosques are also capturing the attention of a demographic which have been increasingly hard to reach – the youth. I know many young people are listening to sermons from their local mosques as opposed to the usual ‘social media’ scholars online.”

Mosques around the country are traditionally full with a congregation for the daily Taraweeh night prayers which often finish around midnight. For the next 29 or 30 days of Ramadan, those prayers along with the five daily prayers will be undertaken from home.

The London mayor, Sadiq Khan, actor Riz Ahmed and television presenter Konnie Huq are among the prominent British personalities who have collaborated for a new coronavirus advice video for the #RamadanAtHome campaign.

Among the mosques using conferencing apps to connect virtually with Muslims in lockdown are the Bury Park Jamie Masjid and Leagrave Hall Masjid in Luton.

Ashfaque Chowdhury, a member of the management team at Leagrave Hall Masjid, said: “Covid-19 has had tremendous impact on communities and has isolated them to their homes with little availability of spiritual moral social, cultural and mental health support.

“To rise to the challenge, Leagrave Hall Masjid has digitised its facilities online with live Friday sermons via Mixlr and GoMeet.

“Prayers for the deceased are now performed with their families online via go to meeting and Google classrooms is used to keep the teaching of the Qur’an alive amongst the young people.”

Finsbury Park mosque in north London will be streaming lectures and prayers and offering online counselling while volunteers will distribute food to staff at local hospitals.

Cambridge Muslim College is hosting a curated series of daily online talks from scholars on topics including the Qur’an, hadith, self-improvement, arts, culture and astronomy.

Other virtual initiatives include the Ramadan Tent Project, where people sign up to receive recipes, decorations and games and can participate in a virtual Iftar via the Zoom app.

With many restaurants closed and government advice to avoid visiting friends and family, Muslims are increasingly turning to bloggers and chefs on social media for inspiration for recipes to prepare the morning Suhoor meal at dawn and the evening meal at around 9pm.

They include Alia Al Kasimi, a chef of Moroccan heritage, who has 357,000 YouTube subscribers.

Bilal El Amri, 36, a facilities assistant in London, will be turning to the Cooking with Alia YouTube channel for inspiration.

He said: “This year I will watch a recipe video three or four times, write down ingredients, see if I have them in the fridge, buy the ingredients I need then come back and start cooking to the recipe.

“Alia’s website and YouTube channel has so many recipes which remind me of my Moroccan background.

“Things I haven’t tasted for months or even years. It makes me feel close to my family, it triggers part of my muscle memory from the past.

“I make tagines, harira soup, lots of mezes with olives. On a weekend I will make a fish cake.”

He added: “Normally during Ramadan I would go to my cousin’s house to break the fast a few times, invite friends round, or prepare food with my wife and then go to the masjid.

“With my cousins in London we will have a Skype video conference, we can even pray together virtually.”

The Muslim Council of Britain has published guidelines on how to celebrate Ramadan in lockdown with advice on how to arrange “virtual iftars” online with family, friends and community members by using video chat.

The guidelines also encourage people to buy food for the iftar meal in advance to avoid multiple shopping trips.

It says: “Due to the likely inability to host in-person iftars this Ramadan, one way to connect with friends and loved ones is to host ‘virtual iftars’, in which individuals or families can join via video conferencing facilities like Zoom, FaceTime or video-calling apps like Skype or WhatsApp.

“This could be an important way for individuals to stay connected during these times, especially for those who are living alone or away from family.”

Qari Asim, an imam in Leeds, wrote on Twitter that “although emotionally challenging, we’ve an opportunity to truly understand the meaning of Ramadan and practise it [in] solitude and spiritually nourish our souls”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/23/uk-muslims-embrace-technology-for-ramadan

Some places are having first ramazan on Friday and some on Saturday, as usual differences.

The Ruet-i-Hilal Committee on Thursday announced that the Ramazan moon had not been sighted. The holy month will begin in Pakistan on Saturday.

The committee held its meeting today under the chairmanship of Mufti Muneebur Rehman while meetings of other zonal and district committees were also arranged simultaneously.

The Ramazan crescent was sighted in Saudi Arabia, however, where the fasting month will begin on Friday, Arab News reported. It was also sighted in the United Arab Emirates, according to The National daily.

This year, the holy month will be observed amid the coronavirus pandemic, which has brought most countries to a halt. Pakistan, too, is struggling to cope with the challenge by trying to ensure social distancing to curb the spread of the virus while allowing business activities and religious congregations to continue.

While making the announcement at a press conference in Karachi, Rehman said it was mandatory for all imams and mosque administrations to ensure the 20-point standard operating procedures (SOPs) announced by the government for congregational prayers in mosques are followed.

He said mosque officials should ensure social distancing and sanitisation measures, and asked the elderly, children and people who are ill not to visit mosques.

Rehman noted that the government had reserved the right to close down the mosques that do not follow the agreed-upon SOPs.

He also said people will not be allowed to hold iftars at mosques this Ramazan.

A day earlier, Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry had ruled out the possibility of sighting the moon in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa today, saying it will not be possible to spot the moon during sunset with telescopes.

He had confirmed this based on a computer-generated image showing the exact position of the moon.

The image was generated by the Pakistan Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (Suparco).

“On April 23, the moon will only be 2 degrees above the horizon at sunset; it is impossible to spot the moon during sunset with telescopes. Therefore, if anyone living in Pakistan wants to fast with the people in Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia it is up to them,” he had said.

The ministry had stated earlier that the Ramazan moon would be sighted nationwide on April 24 and the month of Ramazan will begin from April 25.

Chaudhry had also announced that for the first time in the history of the country, the science ministry had been given representation in the Ruet-i-Hilal Committee.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1551648/ramazan-moon-not-sighted-holy-month-to-begin-on-saturday

It's tomorrow in central Europe.

Interesting....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ramadan has been observed for centuries in the US.<br><br>Enslaved Muslims fasted, prayed & broke fast together while shackled.<br><br>In fact, 15-20% of enslaved Africans in Antebellum America were Muslims, and many observed <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ramadan?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Ramadan</a><br><br>READ/Download Antebellum Islam - <a href="https://t.co/eRgxWF1Zfx">https://t.co/eRgxWF1Zfx</a> <a href="https://t.co/Ye0qbFNITx">pic.twitter.com/Ye0qbFNITx</a></p>— Khaled Beydoun (@KhaledBeydoun) <a href="https://twitter.com/KhaledBeydoun/status/1253452075977097218?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's tomorrow in central Europe.

Interesting....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ramadan has been observed for centuries in the US.<br><br>Enslaved Muslims fasted, prayed & broke fast together while shackled.<br><br>In fact, 15-20% of enslaved Africans in Antebellum America were Muslims, and many observed <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ramadan?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Ramadan</a><br><br>READ/Download Antebellum Islam - <a href="https://t.co/eRgxWF1Zfx">https://t.co/eRgxWF1Zfx</a> <a href="https://t.co/Ye0qbFNITx">pic.twitter.com/Ye0qbFNITx</a></p>— Khaled Beydoun (@KhaledBeydoun) <a href="https://twitter.com/KhaledBeydoun/status/1253452075977097218?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's p interesting. Wondered about this as a kid ever since they taught us about the slave trade.

Well ramadan Mubarak from kashmir as we follow pakistan ramadan calender so today is going to be first sehri for us so gonna sleep as we have to wake up early today Allah Hafiz and may your all dua are accepted inshallah

So what are people cooking for Iftar?

Just made some nice green prawn Thai curry :afridi

Ate too many pakora during iftar despite despite wanting to eat less. Happens every year.

Of course and it's amazing! :yk

Have you learned to cook anything that you will be cooking for everyone at home this Ramadan? :ua

Dimagh, but not much else :yk

I am part of the eating committee :inzi

Jokes aside, I've been helping out a bit more this year as there are absolutely no excuses not to. We all should as well - it shouldn't just be a job for the females to do. We're all in it together, especially now with self-isolation!

Dimagh, but not much else :yk

I am part of the eating committee :inzi

Jokes aside, I've been helping out a bit more this year as there are absolutely no excuses not to. We all should as well - it shouldn't just be a job for the females to do. We're all in it together, especially now with self-isolation!

Completely agree! That's the spirit bro!

Also a good opportunity to learn cooking :yk

Iftar-to-go: German mosque delivers Ramadan meals to needy non-Muslims

A mosque in the western German city of Wuppertal is delivering meals to elderly Muslims unable to break the fast with their families due to lockdown as well as to non-Muslims struggling to make ends meet.

Volunteers at the mosque, run by one of Germany’s largest associations of mosques (DITIB), provide meals to anyone who places an order.

“People can’t go to the mosque so it’s really nice that they deliver it to my home,” said Nazmiye Odabasi, leaning over her window sill to pick up a sealed meal box, her hair covered with a small blue scarf.

Mustafa Temizer, a member of DITIB in Wuppertal, said the mosque had originally planned to deliver 1,000 meals a day to impoverished residents of the city who rely on food banks that were forced to close by the pandemic.

But as food banks reopened this month and Ramadan started last week, the mosque decided to deliver meals financed by donations to both Muslims breaking their daily fast at sunset and non-Muslims in need. Some 300 meals are delivered each day.

“We are not just serving members of our community but we are working with the city of Wuppertal,” said Temizer, standing near his silver car emblazoned with a sticker reading ‘Iftar delivery.’

“We added a lot of people in need to our list and we deliver to them too. They really appreciate it of course and the more people are hearing about this, the more sign up.”

Mosques, churches, synagogues and other houses of worship will be allowed to open their doors to the faithful starting on May 4 under hygiene rules that include limiting the number of people to 50.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...adan-meals-to-needy-non-muslims-idUSKBN22B224

Me and family fasting today. Next door neighbours and their family start fasting tomorrow. They follow their Masjid (Lozells Road - Birmingham) and we follow our Masjid (Birmingham Jame Masjid). Same story year after year after year.

In an unprecedented development, religious scholars and Ulema have proposed to “ban anchorpersons and any celebrities” who are “not well-versed with Islamic tenets” from conducting the special Ramazan transmission during the holy month to avoid any controversies.

During a meeting with Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony Minister Pir Noor-ul-Haq Qadri on Tuesday, they also expressed profound concerns about some unethical programmes telecast in the holy month of Ramazan in the past.

The scholars and Ulema extended full support to the minister’s letter written to Prime Minister Imran Khan on the matter.

They urged private television channels to stop broadcasting stuff in the garb of entertainment and recreational shows, which were directly in contradiction with Islamic injunctions. “Due to the inadequate knowledge of presenters on Islam, religious chaos could be created in the country.”

The religious leaders called on media owners to produce informative programmes which could create religious harmony and remove differences among the people of all segments of society.

They also pointed out that some advertisements being telecast on private TV channels were against social, cultural and religious norms.

It is pertinent to note that Minister Qadri had written a letter to PM Imran proposing that TV programmes pertaining to the Ramazan transmission should be hosted by religious scholars in order to avert controversies.

On the occasion, the religious affairs minister said for the last few years, some anchors, who were not well-versed with Islamic teachings, had been conducting programmes during the holy month of Ramazan.

“Due to lack of Islamic knowledge, they had created many religious controversies and social media hype that had negative impact on the people.”

Qadri maintained that there must be a dress code for the hosts and participants of programmes in order to maintain the sanctity of the holy month of Ramazan.

“No controversial topics should be discussed in the programmes, while keeping the respect of all sacred personalities in view.”

Further on, the minister deplored that TV channels should avoid airing entertainment and recreational shows particularly during Sehr and Iftar timings.

“Moreover, such stuff should also be avoided in the religious programmes. Unethical stuff and advertisement should not be broadcast.”

He emphasised that TV programmes should be based on such content which not only imparted true Islamic knowledge, but also promoted religious harmony across all sections of society.

Qadri urged the prime minister to direct the information ministry and the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority to issue relevant guidelines for all the TV channels.

Council of Islamic Ideology Chairman Dr Qibla Ayaz, Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee Chairman Maulana Abdul Khabir Azad, Arif Hussain Wahidi, Tanveer Ahmed Alvi, Ibrahim Khalil Al-Fazli, Ghulam Rasool Nasir, Syed Iftikhar Hussain Naqvi, Mufti Zamir Ahmed Sajid and Sheikh Nayar Abbas Mustafvi attended the meeting.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/235024...ersons-celebrities-from-hosting-ramazan-shows

Last edited:
Its impossible to sight the moon today/tonight lol.

But Ramadan Mubarak to all inc Saudis.

<blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-captioned data-instgrm-permalink="https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqBF-3gKqud/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading" data-instgrm-version="14" style=" background:#FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);"><div style="padding:16px;"> <a href="https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqBF-3gKqud/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading" style=" background:#FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank"> <div style=" display: flex; flex-direction: row; align-items: center;"> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 40px; margin-right: 14px; width: 40px;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: column; flex-grow: 1; justify-content: center;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 100px;"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 60px;"></div></div></div><div style="padding: 19% 0;"></div> <div style="display:block; height:50px; margin:0 auto 12px; width:50px;"><svg width="50px" height="50px" viewBox="0 0 60 60" version="1.1" xmlns="https://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="https://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"><g stroke="none" stroke-width="1" fill="none" fill-rule="evenodd"><g transform="translate(-511.000000, -20.000000)" fill="#000000"><g><path d="M556.869,30.41 C554.814,30.41 553.148,32.076 553.148,34.131 C553.148,36.186 554.814,37.852 556.869,37.852 C558.924,37.852 560.59,36.186 560.59,34.131 C560.59,32.076 558.924,30.41 556.869,30.41 M541,60.657 C535.114,60.657 530.342,55.887 530.342,50 C530.342,44.114 535.114,39.342 541,39.342 C546.887,39.342 551.658,44.114 551.658,50 C551.658,55.887 546.887,60.657 541,60.657 M541,33.886 C532.1,33.886 524.886,41.1 524.886,50 C524.886,58.899 532.1,66.113 541,66.113 C549.9,66.113 557.115,58.899 557.115,50 C557.115,41.1 549.9,33.886 541,33.886 M565.378,62.101 C565.244,65.022 564.756,66.606 564.346,67.663 C563.803,69.06 563.154,70.057 562.106,71.106 C561.058,72.155 560.06,72.803 558.662,73.347 C557.607,73.757 556.021,74.244 553.102,74.378 C549.944,74.521 548.997,74.552 541,74.552 C533.003,74.552 532.056,74.521 528.898,74.378 C525.979,74.244 524.393,73.757 523.338,73.347 C521.94,72.803 520.942,72.155 519.894,71.106 C518.846,70.057 518.197,69.06 517.654,67.663 C517.244,66.606 516.755,65.022 516.623,62.101 C516.479,58.943 516.448,57.996 516.448,50 C516.448,42.003 516.479,41.056 516.623,37.899 C516.755,34.978 517.244,33.391 517.654,32.338 C518.197,30.938 518.846,29.942 519.894,28.894 C520.942,27.846 521.94,27.196 523.338,26.654 C524.393,26.244 525.979,25.756 528.898,25.623 C532.057,25.479 533.004,25.448 541,25.448 C548.997,25.448 549.943,25.479 553.102,25.623 C556.021,25.756 557.607,26.244 558.662,26.654 C560.06,27.196 561.058,27.846 562.106,28.894 C563.154,29.942 563.803,30.938 564.346,32.338 C564.756,33.391 565.244,34.978 565.378,37.899 C565.522,41.056 565.552,42.003 565.552,50 C565.552,57.996 565.522,58.943 565.378,62.101 M570.82,37.631 C570.674,34.438 570.167,32.258 569.425,30.349 C568.659,28.377 567.633,26.702 565.965,25.035 C564.297,23.368 562.623,22.342 560.652,21.575 C558.743,20.834 556.562,20.326 553.369,20.18 C550.169,20.033 549.148,20 541,20 C532.853,20 531.831,20.033 528.631,20.18 C525.438,20.326 523.257,20.834 521.349,21.575 C519.376,22.342 517.703,23.368 516.035,25.035 C514.368,26.702 513.342,28.377 512.574,30.349 C511.834,32.258 511.326,34.438 511.181,37.631 C511.035,40.831 511,41.851 511,50 C511,58.147 511.035,59.17 511.181,62.369 C511.326,65.562 511.834,67.743 512.574,69.651 C513.342,71.625 514.368,73.296 516.035,74.965 C517.703,76.634 519.376,77.658 521.349,78.425 C523.257,79.167 525.438,79.673 528.631,79.82 C531.831,79.965 532.853,80.001 541,80.001 C549.148,80.001 550.169,79.965 553.369,79.82 C556.562,79.673 558.743,79.167 560.652,78.425 C562.623,77.658 564.297,76.634 565.965,74.965 C567.633,73.296 568.659,71.625 569.425,69.651 C570.167,67.743 570.674,65.562 570.82,62.369 C570.966,59.17 571,58.147 571,50 C571,41.851 570.966,40.831 570.82,37.631"></path></g></g></g></svg></div><div style="padding-top: 8px;"> <div style=" color:#3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;">View this post on Instagram</div></div><div style="padding: 12.5% 0;"></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: row; margin-bottom: 14px; align-items: center;"><div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(0px) translateY(7px);"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; height: 12.5px; transform: rotate(-45deg) translateX(3px) translateY(1px); width: 12.5px; flex-grow: 0; margin-right: 14px; margin-left: 2px;"></div> <div style="background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(9px) translateY(-18px);"></div></div><div style="margin-left: 8px;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 20px; width: 20px;"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 2px solid transparent; border-left: 6px solid #f4f4f4; border-bottom: 2px solid transparent; transform: translateX(16px) translateY(-4px) rotate(30deg)"></div></div><div style="margin-left: auto;"> <div style=" width: 0px; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-right: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(16px);"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; flex-grow: 0; height: 12px; width: 16px; transform: translateY(-4px);"></div> <div style=" width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 8px solid #F4F4F4; border-left: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(-4px) translateX(8px);"></div></div></div> <div style="display: flex; flex-direction: column; flex-grow: 1; justify-content: center; margin-bottom: 24px;"> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 224px;"></div> <div style=" background-color: #F4F4F4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 144px;"></div></div></a><p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;"><a href="https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqBF-3gKqud/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading" style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by Local Bahrain | لوكل بحرين (@localbh)</a></p></div></blockquote> <script async src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js"></script>

First roza starting on Thursday in the Gulf

May Allah swt accept all your prayers in this blessed month

I was expecting the first roza to be on Wednesday, here in the UK. But it looks like it will be on Thursday.

But, as always, I am very excited about Ramazan. May Allah Tala make this blessed month a fruitful one for us Muslims.

Another feather kn PDM crown, Moon sighted in Pakistan of all the subcontinent, talk about one Ummah :)) Mosque making announcements to offer taraweeh prayer at midnight:tuq
Now we've seen the whole world

Any new yarkers know of the best place to get pakoras and samosas during ramazan ?

Ramadan Mubarak to all, may it be a blessed month for us all.

No gas for hearth or home on first day of Ramazan

Natural gas disappeared from people’s stoves as soon as the Ramazan moon was sight*ed, leaving people in Karachi, Quetta and Rawalpindi high and dry on the first day of the holy month.

Although the government had announced that gas would be available to consumers for sehr and iftar, citizens from areas across the country complained of low and no gas pressure throughout the day.

An official announcement from Sui Southern had announced timings for what it called “gas profiling” during the month of Ramazan.

Although the statement assured consumers they would be provided gas at sehr and iftar time, the company cited a shortfall in its system because of a yearly 8-9pc decline in the country’s gas reserves.

“For this purpose, to ensure better gas pressure, gas profiling will continue from 8am to 2:30pm,” SSGC added.

Saba Naveed, a resident of Lyari, told Dawn.com there has been no gas at her house for nearly four months now.

“When you switch on the stove, there is only a stale smell that comes out of it … there is no gas pressure at all,” the mother of three said, adding that her family has permanently shifted to using gas cylinders.

Saba elaborated that a 2.5kg gas cylinder costs her Rs600, which lasts for nearly two weeks. “It is not just about the money … it is a real risk using a gas cylinder with three children — under the age of 10 — around,” she said.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1743925/no-gas-for-hearth-or-home-on-first-day-of-ramazan

GAS CRISIS INTENSIFIES IN KARACHI DURING RAMAZAN

Gas crisis has intensified in Karachi during Ramazan month after the menace of electricity loadshedding, ARY News reported on Tuesday.

According to reports, several areas of Karachi are facing low gas pressure issues and others deprived of gas supply during Ramazan. The gas crisis was intensified after a technical fault developed at Sawan gas field, resulting in a drop of gas supply of 44 mmcfd.

The areas that are facing gas supply issues included North Karachi, North Nazimabad, Gulistan-e-Johar, Orangi Town, Korangi, Landhi, Baldia Town, Qaimkhani Colony, Liaquatabad, Hijrat Colony, Garden, DHA, Saddar, Kathore, Scheme 33 and others.

Sources told ARY News that Sui Southern Gas Company (SSGC) is facing shortage of over 300 mmcfd gas supply.

Due to gas loadshedding, the residents of Baloch Para Jahangir Road staged a protest at the arterial roads which disrupted the traffic from Guru Mandir to Teen Hatti.

https://arynews.tv/gas-crisis-intensifies-in-karachi-during-ramazan/

Taraweeh prayers held in New York's Times Square

For the second year in a row, hundreds of Muslims observing Ramadan broke their fast and held taraweeh prayers in New York's Times Square.

The weekend event was organised by Muslim social media influencer SQ, in collaboration with Muslims Giving Back and Droplets of Mercy.

Dahlia Tarek, who attended with family and friends, said it was important to provide the space for people to ask questions about Islam in an open and welcoming environment.

“I think the fact that it’s happening in the [busiest] part of the city is an amazing thing,” Ms Tarek said.

“I hope it still keeps happening every year because it’s really good and I hope the population keeps growing.”

At sunset, Quran reciters Faisal Latif and Faraj Hasan led the prayers and people began breaking their fasts with free iftar meals.

Muslims Giving Back said it distributed more than 2,000 meals featuring dates, water, pizza and gyro sandwiches, in partnership with food sponsors. Several hundred people stayed and joined the taraweeh prayers.

Motivational speakers and social media figures gave speeches, including Muhammad Abdul-Aleem (also known as HoopFinesse), who was the event's MC, and blogger Faduma Mohamed, aka speakpure, who was invited as a guest speaker.

The event's goal was to help non-Muslim New Yorkers see how Ramadan is observed.

“Of course Islamophobia is on the rise and our religion is one of the most misunderstood religions in the world, yet we are the fastest-growing religion in the world,” SQ said.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/us-news/2023/03/29/taraweeh-prayers-in-new-yorks-times-square/

I always struggle in the last 10 days. Going to gym while fasting really tires you out.

May you have a blessed last 10 days.

First two weeks I trained 3 times a week, same weight but fewer reps.

Third week was tough, I managed just once.

Final week, two sessions so far, hopefully going for the third today.

At which times did you train? for me it was mostly 30-40min before ifthar.

I have a bag which I normally do two 5 min rounds on but avoided it this month lol although miss laying into it :)) but wanted to maintain strength more than anything

First two weeks I trained 3 times a week, same weight but fewer reps.

Third week was tough, I managed just once.

Final week, two sessions so far, hopefully going for the third today.

At which times did you train? for me it was mostly 30-40min before ifthar.

I have a bag which I normally do two 5 min rounds on but avoided it this month lol although miss laying into it :)) but wanted to maintain strength more than anything

I was training in the afternoon, as I have various work commitments in the evening. I felt as strong for the first two weeks but this wore off as the days past. I think it may be due to not intaking enough food. AS you know when you break your fast , a small amounts fills you.

You seemed to be doing well bro, keep it up. And a very happy Eid Mubarak to you and your family.

I was training in the afternoon, as I have various work commitments in the evening. I felt as strong for the first two weeks but this wore off as the days past. I think it may be due to not intaking enough food. AS you know when you break your fast , a small amounts fills you.

You seemed to be doing well bro, keep it up. And a very happy Eid Mubarak to you and your family.

That’s fair it’s a good time to do it in the afternoon if able, I saw your post weeks ago and was motivated to continue :)) thanks bro iA you got the most out of Ramadan and wishing you and the family Eid Mubarak to!

Ramadan in Saudi Arabia set to start on Monday​

Monday will mark the first day of Ramadan in Saudi Arabia after the crescent moon was sighted on Sunday evening.

Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar during which Muslims fast from dawn to sunset, abstaining from food and drink.

The holy month is a period of introspection and community, when Muslims read the Qur’an more than usual, perform taraweeh prayers, and increase their good deeds including charitable giving.

Ramadan Mubarak. A blessed month! Let's also remember our brothers and sisters in Palestine, what a tough time they are experiencing.

Ramadan mubarak guys. Still figuring out my workout timmings. Not sure if i should workout before iftar or after taraweeh. These are the only two possible windows i have. Any suggestions?

Ramadan Mubarak to all!
The Central Ruet-i-Hilal Committee on Monday announced that the Ramazan moon was sighted and the first day of the holy month would fall tomorrow (March 12).

The body’s meeting was chaired by Chairman Maulana Abdul Khabir Azad at the office of Administrator Auqaf in Peshawar.

Addressing a press conference after the meeting, Azad said testimonies were received about the moon’s sighting from most parts of the country, including Peshawar, Lahore, Swat, Sargodha and other places.

“Thus, it was decided through consensus that Ramazan will begin on March 12.”

He congratulated the people and the Muslim community on the arrival of the holy month.

Earlier, he said the sun would set around 6:20pm today, after which the committee members throughout the country would try to see the Ramazan moon.

He had emphasised that similar meetings of zonal committees across the country would be held at their respective headquarters in Lahore, Karachi, Quetta and Islamabad to decide the moon-sighting of the holy month of Ramazan, 1445 AH.

Maulana Azad had appealed to all citizens to be vigilant in sighting the moon, expressing hope for a unified day of fasting for the country.

Dawn

Ramadan mubarak guys. Still figuring out my workout timmings. Not sure if i should workout before iftar or after taraweeh. These are the only two possible windows i have. Any suggestions?

I recommend doing it after Taraweeh.

Doing it before iftar can affect your performance (I feel).

Ramzan Mubarak. Why have Pakistanis started saying Ramadan instead of Ramzan as we used to call it? Say a prayer for Palestine and Muslim's suffering all over the world.

Ramzan Mubarak! It's a lottery for hoarders retailers of essential items in Pakistan , price of commodities have also already surged before the start of Holy month.

Onion Jumped from 220/- to 300
Tomato from 150/- to 200/-
Cabbage from 140/- to 200/-
Grains from 240 to 280

Back