The reason why Shaheen Shah Afridi was removed as captain....

what options do u have right now? agreed babar is also not upto the mark but atleast a better choice before going into the WC.
Rizwan. His captaincy is very good.

One of the reasons why we lost the last few world t20s and world cup was not because of batting but because of poor bowling rotation.

Babar has a habit of attacking with all his players and not knowing how to use his 5th bowler or use a 6th bowler. Every game which he lost was because of this issue. He is always reluctant to use an extra bowler and when he does use one he has no game plan.

Shaheen panics. When things dont go his way, he starts rotating too many bowlers.

Shadab attacks too much, and doesnt understand the concept of defensive captaincy. He only won the PSL cause of Imad or else Islamabad was suppose to lose this one aswell.

Rizwan on the other hand is very good with field placement and knows how to rotate his bowlers. Rizwan knows when to use and when not use your extra bowler. The guy has captained with very ordinary bowlers and yet does very well. He was an ideal captain, and has experience of SNGPL, Peshawar Region and Multan Sultan where he has captained teams.

Options are there, this is a very old argument that we dont have options just to justify Babar being made captain.

Rizwan. His captaincy is very good.

One of the reasons why we lost the last few world t20s and world cup was not because of batting but because of poor bowling rotation.

Babar has a habit of attacking with all his players and not knowing how to use his 5th bowler or use a 6th bowler. Every game which he lost was because of this issue. He is always reluctant to use an extra bowler and when he does use one he has no game plan.

Shaheen panics. When things dont go his way, he starts rotating too many bowlers.

Shadab attacks too much, and doesnt understand the concept of defensive captaincy. He only won the PSL cause of Imad or else Islamabad was suppose to lose this one aswell.

Rizwan on the other hand is very good with field placement and knows how to rotate his bowlers. Rizwan knows when to use and when not use your extra bowler. The guy has captained with very ordinary bowlers and yet does very well. He was an ideal captain, and has experience of SNGPL, Peshawar Region and Multan Sultan where he has captained teams.

Options are there, this is a very old argument that we dont have options just to justify Babar being made captain.
agreed but we cant go with rizwan in a mega event else we will loose all of our reviews in very 1st over of every match.. lol

maybe after WC Riz will become a captain of White ball.

agreed but we cant go with rizwan in a mega event else we will loose all of our reviews in very 1st over of every match.. lol

maybe after WC Riz will become a captain of White ball.
bro reviews are small thing when it comes to captaincy. As major decisions are field placement and bowling changes.

This after WC is what is causing us to lose again and again, Babar has now been give 6 tournaments. No Captain in the past got that much leverage. ANd he is yet to win one

I am still trying to find the reason why Shaheen was removed from the captaincy spot. But the bigger question is, why was he made captain first-hand and then you just removed him after 1 and only bad series?

SOmebody might have pressed the panic button in PCB I guess because this is a joke.

Former Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi, while speaking in an interview with a local YouTube channel:

"I have always tried to keep Shaheen away from captaincy. Because once someone takes on the role, I have seen many former cricketers, and even myself, not have a good ending. So, I wanted him to focus on his cricket; there was no need for captaincy. I know it is a great honor to lead the Pakistan team, but this never ends well for anyone. Even when he was offered the captaincy for Lahore Qalandars, he consulted me for advice. I told him to stay away from captaincy. But he did not listen to me, although he did win trophies for Lahore."

"The PCB Chairman [Zaka Ashraf] called me to his office. He discussed cricket and captaincy with me. I told him that I think Rizwan is suitable for white-ball cricket, but we should not remove Babar from captaincy right now. The series against Australia is very important, so let him continue as captain."

Did Babar Azam give Shaheen Shah Afridi a Dhoka

I am still trying to find the reason why Shaheen was removed from the captaincy spot. But the bigger question is, why was he made captain first-hand and then you just removed him after 1 and only bad series?

SOmebody might have pressed the panic button in PCB I guess because this is a joke.

Misbah is the ultimate opportunist, he still conspires against Pakistan cricket.

I’ve heard Chinese whispers that him and Babar maintain close ties.

Is it possible that Misbah has brain washed Babar 🤔

Shaheen taking shots at PCB in his latest IG story🔥

Reckon we’re going to see a lot more animosity from Shaheen when Babar doesn’t give him the field placement that he wants.

Reckon we’re going to see a lot more animosity from Shaheen when Babar doesn’t give him the field placement that he wants.

This is not good. Shahid Afridi Shaheen's father in law needs to advise his son in law to move on and do the right thing i.e. play for Pakistan and not speak or even hint publicly how he feels. Shaheen is still young 23 years old and if he keeps succeeding in the PSL for LQ it is only a matter of time before the PCB considers him again. However he has to perform and win big matches for Pakistan as a player first.

This is not good. Shahid Afridi Shaheen's father in law needs to advise his son in law to move on and do the right thing i.e. play for Pakistan and not speak or even hint publicly how he feels. Shaheen is still young 23 years old and if he keeps succeeding in the PSL for LQ it is only a matter of time before the PCB considers him again. However he has to perform and win big matches for Pakistan as a player first.

Personally, I don’t think Shaheen is even aware of what’s been posted on his IG.

Someone’s running his account, can’t be his agent since he manages both Babar and Shaheen.

Now PCB should appoint Shaheen as the Test captain, and he should be on the same path that Pat Cummins started on to become the best captain in the world.

Now PCB should appoint Shaheen as the Test captain, and he should be on the same path that Pat Cummins started on to become the best captain in the world.

That would just shorten his international career by at least 5 years.

As a fast bowler, you cannot be playing all 3 formats, plus the PSL, The Hundred, ILT20 etc.

Making him the captain in the longest format would be a disaster for his career. You don’t want him playing every game, so we can’t go into a test match with our captain resting.

we can’t go into a test match with our captain resting.
Yes, we can go and play a whole series with our main captain rested. WHy not. But TBH, Making shaheen the test captain will be a bigger blunder than re-instating babar as white ball captain.

What was the story?

what options do u have right now? agreed babar is also not upto the mark but atleast a better choice before going into the WC.

Such a nuclear option should have only been reserved for Rizwan.

Even that would have been silly (because of team chemistry) but going back to Babar is a recipe for disaster. No idea what Naqvi and the selection committee were thinking doing this a few months before a WC.

Such a nuclear option should have only been reserved for Rizwan.

Even that would have been silly (because of team chemistry) but going back to Babar is a recipe for disaster. No idea what Naqvi and the selection committee were thinking doing this a few months before a WC.
Rizwan and Shadab refused captaincy

Shaheen should have known an incompetent buffoon like Zaka would never have survived for long. If he indeed wanted to lobby for captaincy, should have done so with the incoming PCB management.

Misbah is the ultimate opportunist, he still conspires against Pakistan cricket.

I’ve heard Chinese whispers that him and Babar maintain close ties.

Is it possible that Misbah has brain washed Babar 🤔
Bro you're so right. hi-five.
(I'll like all your posts if you like mine okay?)

Lets admit, Babar was sacked as scapegoat, SSA was appointed wrongly, SSA is sacked wrongly, 2 wrongs does not make it right but it fits perfectly with PCB add to it the insult of calling back Imad & Amir. No wonder ICC and other boards take PCB as a joke

Everything is wrong in this setup. I mean appointed Shaheen a captain when clearly he should not have been made a captain and then you removed him from captaincy after just 1 series and made Babar captain again. I mean what is going on here? Babar is clearly a scapegoat this time as well. He should never have taken this role back again. Captaincy is an extra burden that plays with your mind too much in Pakistan. So better stay away from it.

Because Shaheen is an adult and has free will.
Shaheen is 21. Barely an adult. Human brain is yet to mature at that age.

Elders like Lala, who have seen it all, need to guide him to a more "safe" pursuits.

One phone call from the barracks is enough to transform and the roaring cruel and ruthless lion back to kitten...

Never forget who's incharge... :inti

Shaheen is 21. Barely an adult. Human brain is yet to mature at that age.

Elders like Lala, who have seen it all, need to guide him to a more "safe" pursuits.
Big high five to you and to all my other fellow posters who think Shaheen is 21.

Former Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi, while speaking in an interview with a local YouTube channel:

"I have always tried to keep Shaheen away from captaincy. Because once someone takes on the role, I have seen many former cricketers, and even myself, not have a good ending. So, I wanted him to focus on his cricket; there was no need for captaincy. I know it is a great honor to lead the Pakistan team, but this never ends well for anyone. Even when he was offered the captaincy for Lahore Qalandars, he consulted me for advice. I told him to stay away from captaincy. But he did not listen to me, although he did win trophies for Lahore."

"The PCB Chairman [Zaka Ashraf] called me to his office. He discussed cricket and captaincy with me. I told him that I think Rizwan is suitable for white-ball cricket, but we should not remove Babar from captaincy right now. The series against Australia is very important, so let him continue as captain."
Well, Is Zaka Sahib trying to say that Shahid Afridi is a liar?

----------------

Former chairman PCB Zaka Ashraf speaking to the media – he was asked whether Shahid Afridi advised him to make Mohammad Rizwan the captain.

“I didn’t receive any such advice. I make decisions based on merits.”

----------------

Former chairman PCB Zaka Ashraf speaking to the media – he was asked whether Shahid Afridi advised him to make Mohammad Rizwan the captain.

Probably right

Why would Afridi suggest Rizwan as a captain in the first place? Rizwan is a lunatic, you can’t let that guy have complete power of the national team!

----------------

Zaka sahab just trying to say "Menu jaan dyo main kuch nyi keeta" :ROFLMAO:

Holier than thou both Shahid Afridi and Zaka pretending but everybody knows one is a N tout and the other 3P cronie

This picture is self explanatory!

jTxG9lR.jpeg

Back