Tri nation final | India vs Sri Lanka | Dhaka | 13th Jan 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanga will be the luckiest captain today if he wins the toss today. He would have won five in a row! The only parallel I can think of is the epic Ind-Pak series in Pakistan in 2004 when Inzi won 5 tosses in a row.

dani2k said:
Sanga will be the luckiest captain today if he wins the toss today. He would have won five in a row! The only parallel I can think of is the epic Ind-Pak series in Pakistan in 2004 when Inzi won 5 tosses in a row.
win or lose the toss won't matter. Indian batting is just too powerful. In ODI Sri Lanaka cannot beat them

From Cricinfo

1.20pm All six matches in the tri-series so far have been won by sides chasing. Fairly comfortably that too. Some might say such results are due - due to the dew. So will this, the final, also be decided at the toss or will the side batting first put up 320-plus on the board and give us a close contest befitting the final? Hello and welcome.

Sunil Gavaskar sees no life in the pitch. In the background, Sehwag, Dilshan, Tharanga, Dhoni, Sangakkara are warming up. The cameras don't quite show them licking their lips, but they haven't minded this pitch at all. Ten minutes to go to toss

From memory India's record in finals of tournaments comprising of more than 2 teams is pretty poor. Will be looking to avenge the defeat in the Asia cup final when they were carrom balled.

On_the_up said:
To be honest, I couldn't care less, but I hope there is an exciting finish.

me too.

i just want India to score 400 runs (without anyone breaking Saeed Anwar's record)

and SL to overcome that score (wihtout anyone breakin Saeed Anwar's record)

On_the_up said:
From memory India's record in finals of tournaments comprising of more than 2 teams is pretty poor. Will be looking to avenge the defeat in the Asia cup final when they were carrom balled.

We ve some big time players like Shewag, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Harbajan and Zaheer. Expect some thing special from them in the finals. Mendis was their mystery bowler in the Asia Cup, but not any more. It is still a mystery where he has gone now!

Match 70% decided with the toss now.

Now the indian batting need to score almost 25% more score to give the bowlers any chance.

Anyway, with Nehra even that will be less.

Garuda said:
And Srilanka shouldn't chase it down.

i want an exciting match. hope they come a close as possible and eventually win it .

Assumptions on the way :
- Saeed Anwar's record not to be broken
- Sehwag and Dilshan to go beserk
- Dhoni and Sangakarra to blast their way to centuries.
- Nehra and Kulasekra to get a beating of their lifetime.

Last edited:
WithLoveFromCanada said:
i want an exciting match. hope they come a close as possible and eventually win it .

Assumptions on the way :
- Saeed Anwar's record not to be broken
- Sehwag and Dilshan to go beserk
- Dhoni and Sangakarra to blast their way to centuries.
- Nehra and Kulasekra to get a beating of their lifetime.

Sorry, your wishlist is too long ;)

Interesting stat: Sehwag is the only player to have had a strike-rate of over 100 of all the players who have reached 7000 runs

To be honest India vs Sri Lanka match is the most likeliest of matches where it seems like Saeed Anwar's record will be broken but amazingly it has not happened yet and i am sure it will not happen lol....they will come freakingly close as ever every now and then though...

WithLoveFromCanada said:
To be honest India vs Sri Lanka match is the most likeliest of matches where it seems like Saeed Anwar's record will be broken but amazingly it has not happened yet and i am sure it will not happen lol....they will come freakingly close as ever every now and then though...
17/3 for that batting line up is nothing. As long as Sehwag is there they ca nstill reach 350 mark

WithLoveFromCanada said:
insaaniyat 400 wala match hojaye yaar..maza ayega , kya boltay ho :)
Will be lucky to get 400 in both inns combined at the moment.

Dhoni Padukone gone.

Raina and Sehwag out in the middle. SL would be looking to get rid of Sehwag ASAP

Srilanka not taking powerplay ?? :O

India is 4 wickets down. Come on.

lol@ Kulushekara.... Its about time India got an as* whooping from the Lankans but ummm Kuleshekra ? :)))

let me guess, bangladesh didn't produce a flat track for the indians? :))) :)))

don't expect india to tour bangladesh anytime soon in protest :))) :)))

The match should be called of its not being played on a flat pitch

Asok Chaktra said:
We ve some big time players like Shewag, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Harbajan and Zaheer. Expect some thing special from them in the finals. Mendis was their mystery bowler in the Asia Cup, but not any more. It is still a mystery where he has gone now!
It might be a mental thing.

Khabri420 said:
Indeed, only second to :afridi
As a batsman, Sehwag is lightyears ahead of Afridi.

As a shampoo salesman, you are right - Afridi is peerless and has no equal.

Fascinating stat: In the last 20 tournament finals, India have won 4, lost 13 and 3 have been no-result

Sigh...I don't know how India aspires to become the #1 if they continue to have one bad day a series..Dominant teams like Australia and the Windies used to have an occassional bad day once a season!

Pathetic bowling line up and inconsistency means their aspiration to become the #1 team in the world would remain just that!

ShehryarK said:
As a batsman, Sehwag is lightyears ahead of Afridi.

As a shampoo salesman, you are right - Afridi is peerless and has no equal.
You need to buy a book, "History of Human Beasts." The author is DM, be aware there might be many illegal copies in the market. :afridi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back