TV Shows I Recommend

I'm enjoying watching Batman: The Animated Series on Netflix. It brings me back to my childhood, and yet, even as an adult, I don't find it childish.
It's crazy to me how for an early 1990's show, the animation is great and it still resonates.

https://www.netflix.com/ca/title/70177020

Loved that series. Be sure to watch Batman Beyond right after. It’s the continuation of that series.

Greatest superhero adaptation of all time alongside Nolan films and Peak MCU IMO.

MV5BMzhkNzVkNDYtNmE2Zi00ZTk1LTk2OWYtOTU5NWM5OWQ2Zjc0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjkwOTAyMDU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

easily one of the best shows ive seen in years, amazing writing, amazing acting, amazing videography. easy 9/10 for me

MV5BMzhkNzVkNDYtNmE2Zi00ZTk1LTk2OWYtOTU5NWM5OWQ2Zjc0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjkwOTAyMDU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

easily one of the best shows ive seen in years, amazing writing, amazing acting, amazing videography. easy 9/10 for me

Seen the first couple of episodes so far, insane production values on par with fantasy based shows, excellent acting, cinematography and story telling. It’s on par if not superior to similar shows, in the historical drama genre I think Vikings is the only competition and I thought that was the greatest. This is a mini series though but I hope they expand beyond this.

Seen the first couple of episodes so far, insane production values on par with fantasy based shows, excellent acting, cinematography and story telling. It’s on par if not superior to similar shows, in the historical drama genre I think Vikings is the only competition and I thought that was the greatest. This is a mini series though but I hope they expand beyond this.
vikings was amazing, if vikings finished at ragnars death id have rated it similar, but they longed it out and killed all the magic. shogun could potentially be continued, but without giving spoilers, i dont think it would have that magic either.

Baby Reindeer, decent black comedy I recommend, episode 4 especially is sure to leave its imprint

vikings was amazing, if vikings finished at ragnars death id have rated it similar, but they longed it out and killed all the magic. shogun could potentially be continued, but without giving spoilers, i dont think it would have that magic either.

That TV episode ‘All His Angels’ is the best I’ve ever seen and a fitting conclusion to his arc and everything the first four seasons stood for.

But personally, I still feel the show was quality after that, it had its ups and downs but introduced/developed the character of Ivar, I enjoyed the narratives they built around Bjorn, I liked what they did with Floki but I’d have liked to have seen more of him, heck Edge played a huge role those past few seasons and I think Lagertha had a decent pay off; when you look at similar shows, on the whole imo it was outstanding and seldom do they maintain some consistency/quality after peaking, the last few seasons to me sort of followed up on the s4 finale when it came to spiritual reflection and the ending could not have been done better in the circumstances, the cinematography, visuals and shots of the Islands were thrilling in 4k

Never heard of severance before. I am more into mystery, horror and thriller genre. No into fantasy and sci-fi seasons as well. Is it one of them !

Never heard of severance before. I am more into mystery, horror and thriller genre. No into fantasy and sci-fi seasons as well. Is it one of them !
watch it without any preconceptions, ull realise in an episode or two if the concept intrigues you, so not much of an investment of time if its not the kinda show you like.

It is more sci-fi and mystery. Very high-concept and highly interesting. Though since only one season has come out so far, you do get the sense that the most intriguing parts of the story will probably be revealed in future seasons.

The show I'm most excited for right now is The Bear: Season 3. For me, its the best running drama series right now. Don't be fooled by the show's plot synopsis or think that the show is all about the restaurant industry. It is but it really isn't. It's about characters and relationships and life. Jeremy Allen White is an absolute revelation in it. He has always been a talented actor dating back to his Shameless days, but this is the first role where I have really seen him showcase his brilliance and range in a leading role.

It's hard for any drama series to fill that Succession-sized hole for me. Even one year on. But if there's anything that takes that default No. 1 position for now its The Bear.

Reactions: KB
If you wanna talk comedy, I don't think there's anything better than seasons 2-10 of The Simpsons.

If there's anything that comes close its It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Seinfeld.

It’s the most unique trope I’ve ever seen in sci-fi and very fitting for a modern setting, given AI, cold wars and mass control of people through the media or other means; they take these ideas to another level and there are certainly significant horror/thriller/mystery elements when essentially, the employees who work for a major corporation have their memories separated between work and home. It is very much in the vein of a thriller to be fair.

Wish I took Vikings serious when it started… I still remember you were the first person talking about it on PP when GoT was all the hype… it left GoT in the dust by the end.

Wish I took Vikings serious when it started… I still remember you were the first person talking about it on PP when GoT was all the hype… it left GoT in the dust by the end.

It was early days and they just kept getting better, the later seasons drastically improved their production values to, it’s on another level as a whole piece of work. Need to see it all over again in HD or 4k, use to watch it at University originally on those crap sites before it got picked up by Amazon. GOT was good but wasn’t cohesive enough and fell apart by the end, maybe House Of The Dragon is better; I am yet to check that out.

Started watching Trailer Park Boys on Netflix and I'm completely hooked. Such a funny show. It's a Canadian sitcom that I would best describe as Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia meets The Office. First season is not great but the quality of the show skyrockets by the end of Season 2. Best thing is that each season has like 8-9 episodes.

The spin off Vikings Valhalla has been equally good so far, one more season to go, have enjoyed the narratives surrounding Leif, Harold and Freydis; we got some middle eastern Viking exposure to this time. @Suleiman

The Last Kingdom which was originally made by the BBC is another decent watch on the topic of Viking shows.

I been re-watching Batman The Animated Series, and man it just hits on another level, it’s better then I could have possibly imagined compared to how I viewed it in my youth. It’s probably the surprising adult themes and applicability to the present, take that two part special on Harvey Dent as an example and his struggles with mental health, this show as an animation can never ever be matched; the story telling, visuals and voice acting is all just in a world of it’s own, it can balance being dark, comedic, dramatic and action packed all in one, how can you possibly top this?

I been re-watching Batman The Animated Series, and man it just hits on another level, it’s better then I could have possibly imagined compared to how I viewed it in my youth. It’s probably the surprising adult themes and applicability to the present, take that two part special on Harvey Dent as an example and his struggles with mental health, this show as an animation can never ever be matched; the story telling, visuals and voice acting is all just in a world of it’s own, it can balance being dark, comedic, dramatic and action packed all in one, how can you possibly top this?
GOAT series. Planted the seeds of the superhero genre, and it’s sequel is just as good. Mark Hamill is arguably the greatest to play the Joker character one could say too. So iconic.

Mask of the Phantasm was a solid animated movie too. I still have its soundtrack in my playlist to this day.

Also, I’ve been putting off watching Vikings but gonna start this weekend. I got hooked on after too many shorts started popping up on my YouTube feed. I already know most of the story but want to watch anyway lol.

GOAT series. Planted the seeds of the superhero genre, and it’s sequel is just as good. Mark Hamill is arguably the greatest to play the Joker character one could say too. So iconic.

Mask of the Phantasm was a solid animated movie too. I still have its soundtrack in my playlist to this day.

Also, I’ve been putting off watching Vikings but gonna start this weekend. I got hooked on after too many shorts started popping up on my YouTube feed. I already know most of the story but want to watch anyway lol.

I agree he’s the best, sad that he wont ever play the character again since Kevin Conroy’s death but they will have one more final appearance together I believe. Sequel as in the New Batman Adventures or Batman Beyond; imagine Denis Villeneuve making a live action version of the latter with Keaton playing an older Batman.

Those OG movies haven’t been topped, surprised we’ve not seen a bigger project with the success of the ‘Spider-Verse’.

It’s defo worth watching, catch up on both seasons and then watch s3 as it comes out to avoid any spoilers hopefully

Back