TV Shows I Recommend

Currently watching Dexter(season 3 currently).It is Better than what I expected

If anyone hasn’t watched The Boys, I recommend you do so. It’s rated R though.

It provides an insight on what would happen if people had superpowers.

All the performances in the show are excellent.

Gulak and tripling season 2, Gulak was way better the beautiful Old school Doordarshan feeling but Tripling had an excellent song.

Happy that Indian webseries is reinventing Indian tv as such.

It has great reviews, I watched 7 min of episode 1 and turned it off; seemed too goofy even with the black/dark comedy early on. Maybe it's overkill in the genre as well that played a part.

Am going to start Chernobyl soon instead

Gulak and tripling season 2, Gulak was way better the beautiful Old school Doordarshan feeling but Tripling had an excellent song.

Happy that Indian webseries is reinventing Indian tv as such.

In keeping with the sign of the times I would recommend Our Boys on HBO

Oh wow, the premise sounds amazing and it's horror to which I love; don't know why I've only come across this now! cheers

Do share your views with the forum once you have seen a few episodes

Oh wow, the premise sounds amazing and it's horror to which I love; don't know why I've only come across this now! cheers

If its 'The Terror' by Ridley Scott, it's a must watch, loved it! I watched both seasons in a week.

I did not like it either. No story or plot, just some characters going nuts.

A waste of time. Btw I watch all the other Marvel/DC shows.

If its 'The Terror' by Ridley Scott, it's a must watch, loved it! I watched both seasons in a week.

Having a look at the team yes he was a lead producer! one of my favourite directors ever, this has to be pretty good, I have an issue with one of me ears very bad internal issue once that gets better iA I will be binge watching this to :yk

What We Do In The Shadows. Based on the mockumentary/movie of the same name by Taika Waititi- follows the daily lives of a group of vampires. Brilliant show. Available on BBC iPlayer.

The Leftovers (HBO).

It starts a bit slow and bleak but it's 2nd season is absolutely amazing, with riveting performances by Justin Theroux, Carrie Coon and Christopher Eccleston . The third season is as good with a beautiful ending. Simply perfection.

Damon Lindelof (showrunner) is a genius.

Just finished Sex Education and now started Naughts and Crosses...

I think this could a lifesaving thread....

Please recommend your shows

The Mandalorian - 9/10. was pleasantly surprised. So much better than the last star wars movie. Must watch this show if you are a fan of star wars. I have spoken!

Patal Lok 9/10 , after Pitchers the best Indian webseries. Good on Anushka to be backing this and Amazon is killing it with Indian content, Panchayat, Made in Heaven and now this.

BAndish BAndits what a terrible name for a well written webseries, unfortunately the direction falls apart and the two lead characters are dull but all the actors around them esp Panditji played by Nasserudin are remarkable, also excellent music and finally Gharana music in shows making a comeback.

10/10 for story
6/10 for direction
9/10 for music
9/10 Cinematography
10/10 fr supporting cast
5/10 for the lead pair

Hi, I'm Dave (Who's Dave?)

One of the bright spots of 2020. Hilarious show with great premises, innovation and introspect. Lil Dicky/Dave is a revelation as well as the supporting cast of Mike, Elz Gata (the hype man episode had me in tears almost).

The rap is also excellent especially the first rap, the whole prison saga and the final rap which ends season one on the most perfect note.

Really sad that there is so much crap that is being promoted ahead of this gem.

Yeah the side acting was brilliant,esp the bipolar episode happens outta nowhere, Dave is the type of show which netflix tries to make and fails miserably.

It defn is my fav series of this year as well and honestly enjoyed it even more than Queen's Gambit
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

Yeah the side acting was brilliant,esp the bipolar episode happens outta nowhere, Dave is the type of show which netflix tries to make and fails miserably.

It defn is my fav series of this year as well and honestly enjoyed it even more than Queen's Gambit

Definitely borrows from Atlanta which is a Goat show

Patal Lok 9/10 , after Pitchers the best Indian webseries. Good on Anushka to be backing this and Amazon is killing it with Indian content, Panchayat, Made in Heaven and now this.

Did you watch all of Patal Lok? A very good series but there were just some things missing or just kind of dumb like in Asur and The Family Man, although all really good shows bringing Indian television up there with the big boys. If i were to rate the three it would be The Family Man, Patal Lok and Asur.

However Panchayat is just an utter triumph overall. Haven't seen Made In Heaven yet.

anybody have any shows to reccomend similar to breaking bad or something similar?

ik dum same to same Better Call Saul ofcourse.

Recent Drug related shows - Narcos/Narcos Mexico

Crime - True Detective season 1

GOAT related - The Wire, The Sopranos

There are many others but this is the starter pack.

Omg I absolutely loved the series ��

Unlike most crime genre indian web series it made you think and always kept you out of loop about what'll happen next

Definitely one of the best series I watched in that genre, I would also add sacred game 1 season in there (after that it was garbage)

Btw it wasn't too nice on your liberal indian crowd :)

Thought the pandemic would be a blessing in disguise to watch some quality TV/Movies but turned out to be quite the opposite, especially for a cinephile.

However I did find a few rare new gems (Ted Lasso, Dave, Panchaayat), Curb Your Enthusiasms latest offering was excellent, rewatched a few (actually a lot) of my favourites and discovered many new positives (and negatives), gave a few others yet another try (The Leftovers, Peaky Blinders etc) but couldn't continue past 5-6 episodes.

Just finished Succession, a hell of a show. Almost all the characters are despicable and you physically feel sick sometimes but it keeps you on the edge of your seat nonetheless. The finale is great too, can't wait for season 3.

Did you watch all of Patal Lok? A very good series but there were just some things missing or just kind of dumb like in Asur and The Family Man, although all really good shows bringing Indian television up there with the big boys. If i were to rate the three it would be The Family Man, Patal Lok and Asur.

However Panchayat is just an utter triumph overall. Haven't seen Made In Heaven yet.

I haven’t seen Family man and Asur, lot of people have asked me to watch it just that am aftaid it will end up like Mirzapur which i didn’t enjoy as such..

True there were lot of things missing but they took a lot of risks with it, considering now web series cant do without censorship Indian webseries are doomed except for TVF .

I would recommend Yeh hai meri family(esp for 80s,90s kids) also by TVF(panchayat, Pitchers) its on netflix..

Made in Heaven had similar issues as Mirzapur but because I like the genre i was ok with it..

Omg I absolutely loved the series ��

Unlike most crime genre indian web series it made you think and always kept you out of loop about what'll happen next

Definitely one of the best series I watched in that genre, I would also add sacred game 1 season in there (after that it was garbage)

Btw it wasn't too nice on your liberal indian crowd :)

Tbf it was made by Liberals, it also showed bias against Indian Muslims ..Leftists deserve the flak too

Dave is your favourite of the year? I will check it out I think it might be on the iplayer, I have seen the Queen’s Gambit to and enjoyed it, currently watching How to live mortgage free :yk and also final season of Vikings, the opening episode was very eventful

For those who have seen it, what did they make of Narcos final season, Narcos Mexico and Ozark, not checked these out at the moment

Thought the pandemic would be a blessing in disguise to watch some quality TV/Movies but turned out to be quite the opposite, especially for a cinephile.

However I did find a few rare new gems (Ted Lasso, Dave, Panchaayat), Curb Your Enthusiasms latest offering was excellent, rewatched a few (actually a lot) of my favourites and discovered many new positives (and negatives), gave a few others yet another try (The Leftovers, Peaky Blinders etc) but couldn't continue past 5-6 episodes.

Just finished Succession, a hell of a show. Almost all the characters are despicable and you physically feel sick sometimes but it keeps you on the edge of your seat nonetheless. The finale is great too, can't wait for season 3.

Succession is a quality show, really love the dry humour and just how bitchy and petty they all are. Feels real compared to more orthodox tv fare.

For those who have seen it, what did they make of Narcos final season, Narcos Mexico and Ozark, not checked these out at the moment

Loved all of them. You won't go wrong, those are all shows where it's hard not to hit the 'play next episode' button. Ozark was a surprise for me, was not expecting it to be half as entertaining as it turned out, the sociopath hillbilly element makes it what it is, especially the white trash girl, Ruth if I remember right.

Dave is your favourite of the year? I will check it out I think it might be on the iplayer, I have seen the Queen’s Gambit to and enjoyed it, currently watching How to live mortgage free :yk and also final season of Vikings, the opening episode was very eventful

I ll watch vikings once all eps have come, I like the show even after Ragnar

I only really enjoyed the first 3 seasons of narcos. 3 is actually my favourite which might be an unpopular opinion. As for ozark I recently finished the first season and didn’t like it at first but started enjoying it as it went on.

Your Honor... excellent show. Currently running on showtime with the breaking bad fame, Brian Cranston.

I haven’t seen Family man and Asur, lot of people have asked me to watch it just that am aftaid it will end up like Mirzapur which i didn’t enjoy as such..

True there were lot of things missing but they took a lot of risks with it, considering now web series cant do without censorship Indian webseries are doomed except for TVF .

I would recommend Yeh hai meri family(esp for 80s,90s kids) also by TVF(panchayat, Pitchers) its on netflix..

Made in Heaven had similar issues as Mirzapur but because I like the genre i was ok with it..

Yeah I have seen Yeh meri family, excellent show, very nostalgic and the kid and his best friend do a stellar job. Would also suggest Gullak for similar content, quality and nostalgic value.

As mentioned I've also seen the fantastic Panchayat, tried to get into Pitchers but couldn't, will give it a try some time.

The only series though that I would recommend 100% at the moment is Delhi Crime (it's about the 2012 Delhi gang rape). Its a gripping, emotional, rollercoaster of a ride. A word of warning though - it is quite infuriating and unnerving in parts, even more so given that it's a true story.

Yeah I have seen Yeh meri family, excellent show, very nostalgic and the kid and his best friend do a stellar job. Would also suggest Gullak for similar content, quality and nostalgic value.

As mentioned I've also seen the fantastic Panchayat, tried to get into Pitchers but couldn't, will give it a try some time.

The only series though that I would recommend 100% at the moment is Delhi Crime (it's about the 2012 Delhi gang rape). Its a gripping, emotional, rollercoaster of a ride. A word of warning though - it is quite infuriating and unnerving in parts, even more so given that it's a true story.

Ah yeah Gulak is excellent, its more pan India than yeh meri family, I just give 20$ a year eventhough i don’t watch many TVf jus for that, so they have some support.

Delhi crime is amazing and rightly so the tv show of India to win an emmy.

Did you see Bandish Bandits- The entire cast was phenomenal except the leading couple who were worse than bollywood kids , i forwarded through their scenes to watch others, excellent music as well

Watched Tandav today. Was hyped with the trailers and all but the show was all over the place. What a waste of such a fine cast

The trailer was bad as well, Saif really ruins web series for me
Im a sucker for political dramas which we seem to be quite good at making. But this turned out be cheap/gimmicky in the end.

Regarding Saif, yeah he tries too hard to be convincing, but the role suited him...just dint have the material to go with it.

Don’t think I mentioned it on this forum yet but Barry is an extremely amazing show

I only really enjoyed the first 3 seasons of narcos. 3 is actually my favourite which might be an unpopular opinion. As for ozark I recently finished the first season and didn’t like it at first but started enjoying it as it went on.

May give Ozark a watch, some of these shows hard to get motivated to see; been looking for a show on the level of a Better Call Saul on Netflix/Amazon

I would highly recommend people to watch sub set hai by asfar, Mani
It's a comedy show based on two guys and thier "chronicales" :)

Brilliant show! Definitely one of the best pakistani TV dramas I watched

Even though the video quality is garbage but the content overshadows it

Been watching Servant an Apple Original as they look to put their filthy paws on the world of streaming services.

Into season two (episode 4) and I must say it’s been an impressive show, a psychological horror which is very creepy; M. Night Shyamalan is an executive producer and his input is quiet apparent.

The show is a slow burner but you expect that in this genre, however enough tension is created to keep you hooked. Story revolves around a couple who appear quiet normal in American terms and a nanny they hire to take care of their new born.

Interested to see how this show progresses, the latest episode is my favourite of the show so far. For those who like this genre and shows a little similar to Hill House / Bly Manor, may like this.

Been watching Servant an Apple Original as they look to put their filthy paws on the world of streaming services.

Into season two (episode 4) and I must say it’s been an impressive show, a psychological horror which is very creepy; M. Night Shyamalan is an executive producer and his input is quiet apparent.

The show is a slow burner but you expect that in this genre, however enough tension is created to keep you hooked. Story revolves around a couple who appear quiet normal in American terms and a nanny they hire to take care of their new born.

Interested to see how this show progresses, the latest episode is my favourite of the show so far. For those who like this genre and shows a little similar to Hill House / Bly Manor, may like this.

[MENTION=137142]JaDed[/MENTION] you been watching this?

For those who have Amazon Prime, give Sneaky Pete a watch.

Nope..but will do soon as Apple is getting the best talent .. will probably subscribe after an year when they have a bigger collection.

To be fair I have it free for a year but may be only because I purchased the iphone 12, will check out their other originals to see if they are just as good. For sure it seems they have gone all out, and they need to in order to remotely compete with established platforms.

The Terror by AMC

Several episodes into this rather good series starring Jared Harris as the skipper of a doomed sea expedition through Baffin Bay in the 1840s.

The ships become ice-locked, perpetual twilight falls and they provoke something very nasty out on the ice. Something they can’t handle.

Sort of a Victorian version of The Thing. Paranoid, psychological horror.

Several episodes into this rather good series starring Jared Harris as the skipper of a doomed sea expedition through Baffin Bay in the 1840s.

The ships become ice-locked, perpetual twilight falls and they provoke something very nasty out on the ice. Something they can’t handle.

Sort of a Victorian version of The Thing. Paranoid, psychological horror.

I watched this a while back, fantastic adaptation of Dan Simmon's novel. The show deserves more recognition. They've turned into an anthology series, season 2 is set in a Japanese internment camp during World War 2

Finished watching Servant, thoroughly enjoyed this; one of the best TV shows around at the moment and may be the best psychological horror series I've ever seen, Apple have renewed the show for a third season.

I watched this a while back, fantastic adaptation of Dan Simmon's novel. The show deserves more recognition. They've turned into an anthology series, season 2 is set in a Japanese internment camp during World War 2

George Takei is in it - having experienced this in real life as a boy.

Dunno how there could be a monster spirit bear In California though.....

Formula 1: Drive to Survive.

There are so many narrative threads on and off the track, it really is intriguing to go behind the scenes. The money, the egos, the rivalries between and within teams, the pressure, the sheer will to win. There really is so much more than racing in F1.

Watched Your Honour.

Pretty good although probably a couple of episodes too many.

Watched Your Honour.

Pretty good although probably a couple of episodes too many.

Ending was a let down...
Made the whole thing a bit pointless..
What was the moral of the story?

Ending was a let down...
Made the whole thing a bit pointless..
What was the moral of the story?

Yes exactly.

The storyline dragged on a bit too much, as if they had to have more episodes than were needed.

Yes exactly.

The storyline dragged on a bit too much, as if they had to have more episodes than were needed.

You're right.
It was one of those shows where me and Mrs had to take a break from it before coming back to it.

Good news is that one of the best tv shows ever is coming back tonight...
Line of Duty :)

You're right.
It was one of those shows where me and Mrs had to take a break from it before coming back to it.

One more hour left. Are you going to watch it weekly? I'll probably just wait for it to finish which should be 7 weeks and just binge it all at once. I am thinking of watching the first episode though just to get a feel of things.

You're right.

Ah yes Line of Duty.

Will get onto this in the coming days.

Enjoyed the previous series.

One more hour left. Are you going to watch it weekly? I'll probably just wait for it to finish which should be 7 weeks and just binge it all at once. I am thinking of watching the first episode though just to get a feel of things.

In the past we binge watched it.
Couldnt wait this time..
I'm watching it as I type ��

Watched - Predator: Catching The Black Cab Rapist

This looks at the chilling crimes of taxi driver John Worboys who preyed on young women in the UK's capital for years before he was eventually caught.

Very interesting for those into true crime.

You're right.

Now we’re suckin’ diesel!

I’ve not watched Line of Duty as it’s not up my street but the same producers bring Vigil which is, one of the best drama thrillers I’ve ever seen produced by the BBC, it was one of my most anticipated shows of the year given the exceptionally intriguing premise and it hasn’t disappointed thus far.

Obviously there are instances where one has to suspend their disbelief to a degree but it is reasonable to assume there is a realistic possibility of crew reaching a breaking point, off course these issues are filtered out for the most part but there other examples where the available space is not exaggerated enough as you will rarely find such luxury on most submarines because only the captain gets a cabin and it’s not too fancy either so claustrophobia is a risk. I’ve enjoyed the techy side of things and seriousness of keeping things going under water 24/7, 365 days per year to ensure a continuous nuclear deterrent and in particular maintaining the reactor which requires uranium to ensure the fission process which propels the submarine, there are safety concerns which are clearly taken very seriously.

The conspiracy side of things between the Navy, MI5 and the Police is certainly interesting, I wouldn’t put it beyond any of these organisations to cover up their dirty little secrets.

Outside it all the back story of the lead DCI Amy Silva has to manage her personal demons to stay steadfast on the job and it’s not easy when you have are shipped to no mans land to solve a murder under water and are unable to contact home.

Last edited:
I’ve not watched Line of Duty as it’s not up my street but the same producers bring Vigil which is, one of the best drama thrillers I’ve ever seen produced by the BBC, it was one of my most anticipated shows of the year given the exceptionally intriguing premise and it hasn’t disappointed thus far.

Obviously there are instances where one has to suspend their disbelief to a degree but it is reasonable to assume there is a realistic possibility of crew reaching a breaking point, off course these issues are filtered out for the most part but there other examples where the available space is not exaggerated enough as you will rarely find such luxury on most submarines because only the captain gets a cabin and it’s not too fancy either so claustrophobia is a risk. I’ve enjoyed the techy side of things and seriousness of keeping things going under water 24/7, 365 days per year to ensure a continuous nuclear deterrent and in particular maintaining the reactor which requires uranium to ensure the fission process which propels the submarine, there are safety concerns which are clearly taken very seriously.

The conspiracy side of things between the Navy, MI5 and the Police is certainly interesting, I wouldn’t put it beyond any of these organisations to cover up their dirty little secrets.

Outside it all the back story of the lead DCI Amy Silva has to manage her personal demons to stay steadfast on the job and it’s not easy when you have are shipped to no mans land to solve a murder under water and are unable to contact home.

[MENTION=491]IMMY69[/MENTION] [MENTION=7774]Robert[/MENTION] [MENTION=1842]James[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION]

Let me know if you check this out, available on iplayer and I think latest episode airs every Sunday evening

[MENTION=491]IMMY69[/MENTION] [MENTION=7774]Robert[/MENTION] [MENTION=1842]James[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION]

Let me know if you check this out, available on iplayer and I think latest episode airs every Sunday evening

Ill give it a go. Never got into Line of Duty, seemed slow with average characters and police corruption isnt the most interesting thing.

Ill give this a go as im fascinated with subs esp trident and its nuclear capability. I hope its a bit more than some investigation into some murder on a sub.

Back