TV Shows I Recommend

Ill give it a go. Never got into Line of Duty, seemed slow with average characters and police corruption isnt the most interesting thing.

Ill give this a go as im fascinated with subs esp trident and its nuclear capability. I hope its a bit more than some investigation into some murder on a sub.

This I think is a mini series to so pace is not a problem, it will be done in 6 episodes but perhaps they will order a season 2 down the line but defo check it out, it’s an easy watch and I feel as though I could easily binge watch the series but have to wait for each episode

Ridley Road -BBC drama series

Mrs Robert and I started this last night. It’s gripping. Based on real events, a young Jewish girl is dragged into street warfare between London East End Neo-Nazis and the anti-fascist 62 Group which opposed them.

Fascinating recent history of London of which I was not aware, brought vividly to life by a super cast including Rory Kinnear as real-life fascist Colin Jordan. He was convicted for distributing a leaflet attacking Black and Asian immigrants and is widely thought to have coined the slogan “If you want a n***** for a neighbour, vote Liberal or Labour”. Nasty piece of work….

Ted Lasso (Apple TV) - This is one of the best comedy shows I have watched in a very long time, mostly prefer series with Horror themes but this was very enjoyable (watched s1 so far) and uplifting to.

It’s an absolute MUST for football fans.

Story revolves around an American Football coach taking over a mid-table football team in the Premier League lol

My free year subscription is almost coming to an end but two standout gems have been Servant and Ted Lasso; these stack up against the best offerings on other streaming services.

Ted Lasso (Apple TV) - This is one of the best comedy shows I have watched in a very long time, mostly prefer series with Horror themes but this was very enjoyable (watched s1 so far) and uplifting to.

It’s an absolute MUST for football fans.

Story revolves around an American Football coach taking over a mid-table football team in the Premier League lol

My free year subscription is almost coming to an end but two standout gems have been Servant and Ted Lasso; these stack up against the best offerings on other streaming services.

Is it, really?. It's a rom com that has snippets of football.

You've never seen Eastbound and Down then.

Dexter is back.

Dexter: New Blood.

Hope it hasn't lost any edge, loved that show. Totally unique premise, and the two leads were brilliant. (Dexter and his foul mouthed sister).

Dexter is back.

Hope it hasn't lost any edge, loved that show. Totally unique premise, and the two leads were brilliant. (Dexter and his foul mouthed sister).

First episode was weird but sort of engaging.

Dexter is back.

I liked it. Weird to see Dex work in a small-town shop. He seems more considered with age.

Started Succession, about a super-rich guy of eighty, and his brattish kids vying to assume his power.

Pretty good so far.

Started Succession, about a super-rich guy of eighty, and his brattish kids vying to assume his power.

Pretty good so far.

It's fantastic, probably the best show on tv at the moment, the dialogue is razor sharp. If you've not seen the previous series stick with it, gets better as it goes.

Ted Lasso, such a beautiful show 8/10. It’s like watching a sensible Forrest Gump

Ted Lasso, such a beautiful show 8/10. It’s like watching a sensible Forrest Gump

I enjoyed it to and joked with a poster above but he is right, it did turn into a Rom Com in the second season, I felt season 1 was better with sport / football being more of a focus and bouncing motivational, psychological, moral and management themes off that in a Moneyball sort of way. Season one was fantastic but s2 it kind of went away from all the things which made it authentic, I hope s3 is better, it also reminded me of Villa’s campaign back to the PL :yk

P.S - I hate Nate, such a typical asian brown nosing arrogant **** :))

Arcane

Don't watch trailers, don't read reviews. Just jump straight in.

What a magnificent piece of art.

It might break your heart tho!

I enjoyed it to and joked with a poster above but he is right, it did turn into a Rom Com in the second season, I felt season 1 was better with sport / football being more of a focus and bouncing motivational, psychological, moral and management themes off that in a Moneyball sort of way. Season one was fantastic but s2 it kind of went away from all the things which made it authentic, I hope s3 is better, it also reminded me of Villa’s campaign back to the PL :yk

P.S - I hate Nate, such a typical asian brown nosing arrogant **** :))

I did hate Nate, also self hating(extremely well written character).

While s1 was defn epic but imo now at 33 I feel s2 really put into a light a lot of aspects of life, ofcourse no way close to S1 but I feel they were trying out something different.

Haven't seen midnight mass, I do wish Dune was a series though, defn the movies are going to be messed up in future.

Yellowstone, 9/10. You will love Kelly Reilly in this show. Great acting by all actors!

is Succession actually “that” good?

I watched the first episode and was crushingly disappointed, I thought it was totally average.

I watched the first episode and was crushingly disappointed, I thought it was totally average.

It gets better the longer it goes on and the plots develop. I was unsure also after watching the first episode, but the main attraction of the show is the dialogue and competition between various factions of the family. There's a lot of acid comments and put downs, if that sort of humour isn't your thing, might not be for you.

It gets better the longer it goes on and the plots develop. I was unsure also after watching the first episode, but the main attraction of the show is the dialogue and competition between various factions of the family. There's a lot of acid comments and put downs, if that sort of humour isn't your thing, might not be for you.

I do like competitive/complex family dramas and acidic put downs. Love them actually. Was just expecting better from that first episode, given the hype around the show.

I am also not sure about this relatively recent “it gets stronger, stick with it” thing which has entered the common vernacular. If I think about two truly great family dramas, The Sopranos and Six Feet Under, you were absolutely hooked within 20 minutes of the pilot episodes. That is maybe me having unfairly high standards. :)

I do like competitive/complex family dramas and acidic put downs. Love them actually. Was just expecting better from that first episode, given the hype around the show.

I am also not sure about this relatively recent “it gets stronger, stick with it” thing which has entered the common vernacular. If I think about two truly great family dramas, The Sopranos and Six Feet Under, you were absolutely hooked within 20 minutes of the pilot episodes. That is maybe me having unfairly high standards. :)

I do find that annoying as well, it's amazing how many shows I've watched a couple of episodes then left them and gone back after a few months then I get hooked. It was like that for Sopranos and Breaking Bad for me actually. I liked both but wasn't really sure until I got through a couple more, then it was 4 episodes a night sometimes. :91:

Succession gets hype for a reason. You'll see a lot of the well regarded critics raving about it. I just think there's nothing like it out there and it has a place.

It gets better towards then end of series 2 and then series 3. But yes it's overated. Too much profanity for my liking and Roman and Tom have to be some of the most annoying characters I have ever seen, considering the former was the lead in Spooks.

It gets better towards then end of series 2 and then series 3. But yes it's overated. Too much profanity for my liking and Roman and Tom have to be some of the most annoying characters I have ever seen, considering the former was the lead in Spooks.

I like Brian Cox as an actor, but find him to be quite irritating in real life. He has rather naively bought into the Scottish nationalist/separatist independence dream from afar. Like a lot of Scots who don’t live in the UK!

No but very good. It's a very slow burner but can often end an episode without much having happend. It's Better Call Saul without the action.

“Succession” on HBO

Anyone watching this? Mrs Robert and I watched all 29 episodes over the last month.

It’s a show loosely based on Rupert Murdoch, about an aged man who has built up a vast media empire and his three kids’ fight to succeed him. The family is dysfunctional as the kids trying to get the father’s attention while he manipulates them all. A number of characters around the central four players have agendas as they try to advance.

I am very impressed. At times laugh-out-loud funny and at others it leaves me close to tears. Can’t wait for season four!

Give it time. The kids’ behaviour is explained by the monstrousness of Logan.

It’s difficult to get behind any of them as they are all so flawed and damaged. Kendall is my favourite.

Roman was physically abused as a boy and is still playing up in protest. But he improves after the kidnap episode.

Tom inflicts a hell of a hit on Shiv right at the end of season 3.

Watched a BBC series called You Don't Know Me

Accused of murder, Hero shouldn't stand a chance in court. He swears he's innocent. But in the end, all that matters is this: do you believe him?

Pretty good, worth a watch.

Watching Birdgirl lmao first episode was hilarious.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] hilarious pilot have you watched it

It’s like Archer super hero style, just noticed the imdb rating 5.6 lol

Last edited:
Watching Birdgirl lmao first episode was hilarious.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] hilarious pilot have you watched it

It’s like Archer super hero style, just noticed the imdb rating 5.6 lol

Not seen this mate but am going to check it out, it’s on FTA! be on the look out for decent animation.

There’s a TV show I’ve been watching on Apple called Severance, it’s a sci-fi / psychological thriller with one of the most creative ideas I’ve seen for a while: The plot follows Mark (Scott), an employee of Lumon Industries who agrees to a "severance" program in which his non-work memories are separated from his work memories.

The first season was outstanding really but I always reserve my judgement till the show has run its course as a lot depends on the pay off with these type of shows but so far a really good start. Apple have stepped up big time on the quality front

Not seen this mate but am going to check it out, it’s on FTA! be on the look out for decent animation.

There’s a TV show I’ve been watching on Apple called Severance, it’s a sci-fi / psychological thriller with one of the most creative ideas I’ve seen for a while: The plot follows Mark (Scott), an employee of Lumon Industries who agrees to a "severance" program in which his non-work memories are separated from his work memories.

The first season was outstanding really but I always reserve my judgement till the show has run its course as a lot depends on the pay off with these type of shows but so far a really good start. Apple have stepped up big time on the quality front

Noted, will check it out!

Only Murders in the Building S2 has been incredible so far.. loving the twists, direction, best show right now.(Haven’t seen Heroes)

Alaska Daily
9/10 (first two eps)

Tremendous show about American workaholic journalists ,Cancel Culture and fierce journalism, almost like Aaron Sorkin show but it isn't.

My new fav, absolutely brilliant first two eps, lets see how it progresses.

Watched a BBC series called You Don't Know Me

Accused of murder, Hero shouldn't stand a chance in court. He swears he's innocent. But in the end, all that matters is this: do you believe him?

Pretty good, worth a watch.

Mrs R and I liked it.

One of the all time great comedies ever.

Piers was my favourite character, it went downhill without him :))

Need to watch it again, what a cool show

Man it’s so sad that Chevy Chase, the guy who plays Pierce, and the creator of the show couldn’t get along. Easily the funniest character on the show- perfectly describes the baby boomer type here in the US :))

Their feud played a part in hits character becoming more and more idiotic and less seen by season 4 and then he left. Show wasn’t the same without him and Troy.

Man it’s so sad that Chevy Chase, the guy who plays Pierce, and the creator of the show couldn’t get along. Easily the funniest character on the show- perfectly describes the baby boomer type here in the US :))

Their feud played a part in hits character becoming more and more idiotic and less seen by season 4 and then he left. Show wasn’t the same without him and Troy.

I don't watch must comedy especially US, have enjoyed Big Bang Theory as a casual watch but besides that nothing else although I absolutely loved 2 and a half men while Charlie was there. Community though was a different level, I didn't know Piers had issues with the creator, it would be good if we even had a spin off in the ilk of anger management but with Piers guy as the lead

If you haven't seen It's Always Sunny, first four seasons, especially 2-5 is the best comedy ever. Arrested Development first 2 series are pretty special too.

Frasier, Seinfeld, The Office UK but USA a little better.

Years and Years, British HBO tv show, extremely well done and acted, somewhat on the left but still well done. 8.5/10

Yellowstone, 9/10. You will love Kelly Reilly in this show. Great acting by all actors!

Just saw the first episode , can’t believe i didn’t hear about it what great writing.
9/10

Paramount has become legendary with shows.

I’m almost certain Us tv shows are gone beyond British shows too now ,Peaky Blinders while good very similar to Boardwalk empire and now Yellowstone.. (it does have a British actress) but the show’s writing and cinematography are remarkable.

Highly recommended to everyone that enjoys good shows.

Anyone watched The Handmaid's Tale?

I have read the book if you can take a feminist story plz go for it, some argue it’s fear mongering , I can’t really say.

There is an Indian one which is almost similar to it: “Leila” on netflix

Last edited:
Someone must have mentioned this already, but Succession is fantastic! Written amazingly. There's a reason each of it's 3 seasons have swept the Emmy's.

Immaculately written, immaculately acted. Would highly recommend.

The Gold

Hugh Bonneville stars alongside Jack Lowden and Dominic Cooper in a series inspired by the iconic true story of the Brink's-Mat robbery and its aftermath. On 26 November 1983, six armed men broke into the Brink's-Mat security depot, stumbling across gold bullion worth £26m. The disposal of the bullion caused the birth of large-scale international money laundering, provided the dirty money that helped fuel the London Docklands property boom, united blue and white-collar criminals and left controversy and murder in its wake. What started as a `typical Old Kent Road armed robbery' according to detectives at the time, became a seminal event in British criminal history.

Very interesting.

Anyone been watching the second season of Your Honor? I think it's already my favourite show of 2023, really intruiging storyline, and some moving performances.

Jerry Springer dies at the age of 79

Jerry Springer, the legendary American TV host, has died at the age of 79.

His family confirmed that he died peacefully on Thursday at his home in the Chicago area, following a brief illness.

Jene Galvin, a lifelong friend and spokesman for the family said in a statement: "Jerry's ability to connect with people was at the heart of his success in everything he tried whether that was politics, broadcasting or just joking with people on the street who wanted a photo or a word.

"He's irreplaceable and his loss hurts immensely, but memories of his intellect, heart and humour will live on."

A politician-turned-presenter, he was most famous for his eponymous tabloid talk show, The Jerry Springer Show, which he always ended with the catchphrase: "Take care of yourself and each other".

Synonymous with strippers, food-fights and punch ups, it was once named the worst show in the history of television, but proved to be ratings gold.

It aired for 27 seasons and nearly 5,000 episodes from 1991 to 2018. A UK version of the show was made in 1999, and Too Hot For TV videos and DVDs were also released.

With infamous episodes including The Man Who Married A Horse and My Girlfriend is a Man, the show even inspired its own musical, Jerry Springer: The Opera.

Remaining salacious to the end, some of its last episodes had titles including Stripper Sex Turned Me Straight, Stop Pimpin' My Twin Sister, and Hooking Up With My Therapist.

Frequently derided as low-brow TV, and criticised for its exploitative nature, Springer always stood by his show, describing it as a rebellion against the elite, in a world where only the rich and famous were considered worthy for screen time.

Speaking to Sky News in 2019, Springer defended the show's contributors, who he said were frequently dismissed as "trash," saying he preferred to see them as "regular people involved in crazy situations".

He went on to says that late-night US television was full of the "wealthy, famous and good looking", adding: "They come on and talk about the exact same things we hear on my show. They talk about who they slept with, what drugs they've been on, what misbehaviour they've had... And we think they're godlike.

"When someone's not wealthy, not good looking and doesn't speak the Queen's English, we call them trash. That's elitist".

Rejecting a celebrity label himself, he described himself as "a schlub who got lucky," and in a nod to his detractors, his Twitter bio reads: "Talk show host, ringmaster of civilization's end".

Away from The Jerry Springer Show, he was a popular contestant on Dancing With The Stars (the US version of Strictly Come Dancing) in 2006 and hosted America's Got Talent from 2007 to 2008.

Born Gerald Norman Springer in February 1944, he had an unusual start to life, with his mother giving birth in Highgate, an underground train station in North London.

His parents, who were German-Jewish refugees, were in the station sheltering from a German bombing raid during the Second World War at the time.

Springer went on to move to to Queens, New York, aged four, along with his parents and older sister.

He went on to study political science at Tulane University in Louisiana and got a law degree from Northwestern University in Illinois, before serving in the US Army Reserves.

He went on to work as a political campaign adviser for Robert F Kennedy's1968 presidential campaign, before joining a Cincinnati law firm and then being elected to city council.

A lifelong Democrat, he was Mayor of Cincinnati from 1977 to 1978, and considered running for Senate in 2003. He also considered running for governor of Ohio as recently as 2017, but decided against it.

A news anchor in the early years of his career, it was during his time presenting the news that he came up with his the signature sign off line "Take care of yourself, and each other," which would later become his Final Thought on Jerry Springer.

As well as cameos as himself in various TV shows and films, he also briefly played Billy Flynn in Chicago in London's West End.

Other broadcast work included the Judge Jerry Show, the Springer on the Radio Show, Baggage, the Jerry Springer Podcast and until recently a 60s folk music radio show in Cincinnati.

A funeral service and memorial is currently being organised by Springer's family, who have asked that instead of sending flowers, well-wishers "consider following his spirit and make a donation or commit to an act of kindness to someone in need or a worthy advocacy organization".

Springer leaves behind one daughter, Katie.

SKY

Nearing the end of his 21st season on air, Jerry Springer stood between two sisters on a soundstage.

One, a stripper named Charlynne, had confessed on live television to sleeping with her sister Christina's boyfriend. The pair screamed and fought. At one point in the segment, Christina ripped out a large chunk of Charlynne's blonde weave.

Springer, bespectacled in a pink shirt and grey suit, walked over, picked up the hair and looked confused, as if he could not believe the chaos that had ensued.

But that episode, called You Slept With My Sister, was typical programming for Springer's eponymous talk show: outrageous, profane and captivating to millions of Americans, who embraced Springer even as critics dismissed the show as low-brow and exploitative. And it was that sensationalised programming, some experts say, which helped lay the foundation for today's media landscape.

"It's called the Jerry Springer effect," said journalist and psychologist Cooper Lawrence, who has written extensively on celebrity culture. "He opened the door for the idea of reality programming… for the Real Housewives and the Kardashians. He was the father of all of that."

Springer, who died on Thursday at 79 after a brief illness, served as mayor in his hometown of Cincinnati before leaving politics for journalism.

He joined Cincinnati station WLWT-TV and went on to launch The Jerry Springer Show in 1991. Initially, it was a serious, issue-based programme. The Los Angeles Times called it an "oppressively self-important talk hour starring a Cincinnati news anchorman and former mayor".

But within a couple of years, the show had transformed. For Springer's 27 seasons and nearly 5,000 episodes, physical violence, sex and lurid drama took centre stage, with episode titles like Trailer Park Queen Hoedown, Maid of Honor Sleeps with the Groom and Pimping Out My Lover's Cousin.

The Jerry Springer Show became a ratings powerhouse, with viewership peaking in 1998 at about eight million, at one time topping The Oprah Winfrey Show.

"Jerry was beloved… He was showing real people doing real things," Lawrence said. "Oprah had Tom Cruise jumping on the coach, Jerry had the man who cut off his own penis. I'd rather know why that guy castrated himself, I don't care about Tom Cruise."

Some now draw a line from that central premise of Springer's show - showing real people doing real things - to the reality show hits of today, popular programmes like the Real Housewives franchise, Love is Blind and Married at First Sight.

"People look at Jerry Springer's show and say, 'Oh those people are trash, they punched each other and threw chairs at each other'. The Real Housewives, these millionaires, are doing the exact same thing," Lawrence said.

But Springer's legacy also includes the racist, homophobic, transphobic and misogynistic stereotypes that his show often played into.

"Springer allowed American television to move toward an acceptance of poverty and bigotry and misogyny as not problems to be solved but personal foibles that other people should mock and parody," said Jennifer Pozner, media critic and author of Reality Bites Back. Vulnerable people were used as the "butt of the joke", she said.

Springer himself sometimes sought to distance himself from the show.

"I've always said it's stupid. It's just camp. It's chewing gum. It's an hour of escapism. It has no real value," he once said.

But despite his sometimes harmful content, the veteran host managed to avoid any form of cancellation. After The Jerry Springer Show was taken off air, he joined the cast of Dancing With The Stars and served as host for America's Got Talent.

"The Jerry Springer show is a product of a particular time when mainstream network television considered it extremely appropriate to bandy about bigotry and misogyny," Pozner said. "There is a different kind of awareness among the general public now that certain types of things are not socially acceptable, if you're a decent person."

Springer may also have been saved by the absence of social media, she said. His reign came years before media consumers had direct contact with media creators.

"Social media has created a pipeline for average viewers to be able to speak back to media producers," Pozner said.

"In 1991, if you didn't like something you saw on Jerry Springer, you said it to your television. And it didn't hear you."

BBC

The Exorcist. Sequel to the 1973 film.
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] it's bingeworthy.

Enjoyed Blackbird recently. Was floored to learn its based on a real case. Just bought the book co-authored by the real Jimmy Keene.

Enjoyed Blackbird recently. Was floored to learn its based on a real case. Just bought the book co-authored by the real Jimmy Keene.

It’s outstanding, the lead is absolutely brilliant in it. Would be interesting to get Jimmy’s insights from the book, especially what he was feeling knowing who he was dealing with and what made him persist.

If you loved that show on Apple, check out Slow Horses another gem from them

The Exorcist. Sequel to the 1973 film.
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] it's bingeworthy.

Good shout, I’ve already seen the first season but didn’t continue beyond that, it’s a pretty good show, the conflicted priest is excellent

Good shout, I’ve already seen the first season but didn’t continue beyond that, it’s a pretty good show, the conflicted priest is excellent

I have 3 episodes left from the first season. It does go off the rails in between. The thing about horror is you don't have to stretch it out too much or explain every little thing or it loses its sheen. They have taken it to action/conspiracy thriller in between.

I liked the character of the other priest. In horror, I like John Cena like unbeatable characters. :))

Watching

Hijacked - Flight 73. Documentary exploring the hijacking of Pan Am Flight 73 in Karachi in 1986, in which an airline employee on the ground who risked his life negotiating with the hijackers. Featuring first-hand testimony from passengers, the flight crew and negotiators, accompanied by dramatic reconstructions.

Very interesting.

Silo has been surprisingly good, 8/10 for first 7 eps.
Excellent setup and the pace picks up so good!

Silo has been surprisingly good, 8/10 for first 7 eps.
Excellent setup and the pace picks up so good!

I have this on my list look forward to it, everything from Apple is seriously good.

I finished Servant really enjoyed that, on the outlook for more horror, have you seen Lisey’s story?

I have this on my list look forward to it, everything from Apple is seriously good.

I finished Servant really enjoyed that, on the outlook for more horror, have you seen Lisey’s story?

Nope haven’t will check it out, currently watching Platonic and Silo from apple tv, both great shows, apple tv seems like HBO of the past!

Nope haven’t will check it out, currently watching Platonic and Silo from apple tv, both great shows, apple tv seems like HBO of the past!

Yes sad to see the state of HBO now, it’s not available here either, not sure what they are doing with Max. I was hoping to access all the non live action DC content

Lisey’s Story seems to have mixed reviews but am going to have it on my list as it’s a King adaptation.

Be sure to check out Slow Horses on Apple, it’s not the usual stereotypical british crime thriller from the BBC and has the legend Gary Oldman

Schmigadoon. I don't know if i would recommend it but it was one of the better fantasy musical shows i have recently seen. A sort of a self parody and satire.

50 states of fright was fun. A good anthology horror series. [MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] give it a try. the episodes are like 10 min long.

50 states of fright was fun. A good anthology horror series. [MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] give it a try. the episodes are like 10 min long.

I will have a look, nice one. Do you know which platform it is available on ?

Also, do you ever listen to any horror fiction podcasts? there are so many out there now which are excellent

Yes sad to see the state of HBO now, it’s not available here either, not sure what they are doing with Max. I was hoping to access all the non live action DC content

Lisey’s Story seems to have mixed reviews but am going to have it on my list as it’s a King adaptation.

Be sure to check out Slow Horses on Apple, it’s not the usual stereotypical british crime thriller from the BBC and has the legend Gary Oldman

I’ll definitely catch Slow horses, it gave me Tinker Tailor soldier spy vibes which also had GaryoldmB.

I was obsessed with Oldman’s character in Leon when i was young used to imitate it , it was insanely well done.
The bollywood copy was a disaster as expected lol(Bichoo)

I will have a look, nice one. Do you know which platform it is available on ?

Also, do you ever listen to any horror fiction podcasts? there are so many out there now which are excellent

it was on quibi. now i think on roku. But it will be available on online streaming sites i guess.

Nah i feel lost listening to podcasts. The only one I would like to listen to is Bruce Campbell.

I’ll definitely catch Slow horses, it gave me Tinker Tailor soldier spy vibes which also had GaryoldmB.

I was obsessed with Oldman’s character in Leon when i was young used to imitate it , it was insanely well done.
The bollywood copy was a disaster as expected lol(Bichoo)

I don't watch Bollywood movies but for some reason I saw it at a friends house over 20 years ago. And I agree.

Gary Oldman has the credentials for being the greatest of all time. Have you seen Interstate 60? One of the best feel good movies.

I don't watch Bollywood movies but for some reason I saw it at a friends house over 20 years ago. And I agree.

Gary Oldman has the credentials for being the greatest of all time. Have you seen Interstate 60? One of the best feel good movies.

Gary oldman definitely does, he is easily my fav British actor along with DDL but i think due to quantity of his work he will not be remembered along the same lines as DDL.

Gary oldman definitely does, he is easily my fav British actor along with DDL but i think due to quantity of his work he will not be remembered along the same lines as DDL.

As much as I admire DDL and his acting talents, I'd say he's an actor's actor rather than audience's actor. All of his acting choices had to do with his performance even when the movies weren't entertaining. The likes of Nine, Phantom Thread, The Crucible, The Boxer were more of movies focused on showing the actors' ability rather than providing entertainment. I did enjoy Lincoln though (probably because it was a Spielberg film), although it was also a film that was meant to get awards IMO. It's like DDL never really enjoyed doing a movie, he did them to test himself.

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Have you seen the Vikings spinoff (Vikings Valhallah) made by the same people but on Netflix this time.

It’s just as good. Over the two seasons they also journey to Constantinople and discover Islam. It is set 100 years after the events of the last show, just as gritty and engaging spiritualism themes, the conflict between the varying beliefs escalate further and the casting is excellent

Has anyone watched The Mentalist? The show is a blend of crime-solving and psychological manipulation, found it quite good.

The best show I watched…

The pacific
Homeland
Das boot
Midnight Mass
The spy
Fauda
Tehran
Hijack
The sinners
Caliphate
Chernobyl

Desi Web series
Mirzapur
Scam 1992
Delhi crime
Sacred Games
Ashram
Bombay meri jaan
Jamtara - Sabka number aayega

The best show I watched…

The pacific
Homeland
Das boot
Midnight Mass
The spy
Fauda
Tehran
Hijack
The sinners
Caliphate
Chernobyl

Desi Web series
Mirzapur
Scam 1992
Delhi crime
Sacred Games
Ashram
Bombay meri jaan
Jamtara - Sabka number aayega

A member of the production crew from the popular Israeli TV series, Fauda, named Matan Meir, died during the war against the Palestinian group Hamas in the Gaza Strip. Matan Meir, a 38-year-old Sergeant Major General (Reservist) from the Israel Defence Forces (IDF), was listed among the soldiers who lost their lives in the line of duty in Gaza, as reported by The Jerusalem Post.

The Fauda cast expressed their profound grief and sorrow over Meir's death, stating that he was an essential part of their team.

"We are devastated to share that one of our Fauda family members, Matan Meir, was killed in action in Gaza. Matan was an integral crew member. The cast and crew are heartbroken by this tragic loss. We extend our condolences to Matan's family and friends. May his soul rest in peace," a post from the Fauda cast on X, formerly Twitter, read.

Matan Meir, hailing from Odem in the northern part of the Golan Heights, served in the 697th Battalion of the IDF's 551st Brigade, according to IDF sources cited by The Jerusalem Post. Besides his involvement in Fauda, Mr Meir also contributed to the production of other shows, including The Cops.

Israel's massive military operation in Gaza came after the October 7 rocket attack that killed over 1,400 people. In Gaza, the Hamas-controlled government has said over 10,000 Palestinians, including children, have lost their lives in Israel's relentless bombardment.

Source: NDTV

A member of the production crew from the popular Israeli TV series, Fauda, named Matan Meir, died during the war against the Palestinian group Hamas in the Gaza Strip. Matan Meir, a 38-year-old Sergeant Major General (Reservist) from the Israel Defence Forces (IDF), was listed among the soldiers who lost their lives in the line of duty in Gaza, as reported by The Jerusalem Post.

The Fauda cast expressed their profound grief and sorrow over Meir's death, stating that he was an essential part of their team.

"We are devastated to share that one of our Fauda family members, Matan Meir, was killed in action in Gaza. Matan was an integral crew member. The cast and crew are heartbroken by this tragic loss. We extend our condolences to Matan's family and friends. May his soul rest in peace," a post from the Fauda cast on X, formerly Twitter, read.

Matan Meir, hailing from Odem in the northern part of the Golan Heights, served in the 697th Battalion of the IDF's 551st Brigade, according to IDF sources cited by The Jerusalem Post. Besides his involvement in Fauda, Mr Meir also contributed to the production of other shows, including The Cops.

Israel's massive military operation in Gaza came after the October 7 rocket attack that killed over 1,400 people. In Gaza, the Hamas-controlled government has said over 10,000 Palestinians, including children, have lost their lives in Israel's relentless bombardment.

Source: NDTV

RIP… also read Fauda lead actor Doren also joined IDF

Fall Of The House Of Usher - Masterpiece, the best tribute to Edgar Allan Poe

Back