[VIDEO] "Indian bowlers have now started eating meat, so they have gained strength": Shahid Afridi

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Shahid Afridi speaking on a talk show:

“India have a huge 1.4 billion population, and the quality of cricket has changed [over the years]. Back then we used to say that they are producing great batters while Pakistan is creating good bowlers, but that was not the case as we were generating both bowlers and batters,”

“However, their bowlers have now started eating meat, so they have gained strength,"

“First Sourav Ganguly made so many changes during his captaincy and then the way MS Dhoni carried all the seniors with him. They [BCCI] invested in the right place.

“They improved their grassroots level cricket by giving the entire domestic system to a player like Rahul Dravid, who knows what the kids [domestic players] need to reach the top. They worked hard, and now they keep on producing talents. If India want, they can create two teams now,”

“They invested at the right place and now the people of India are diverting their attention towards it. They built camps and the talent is coming."

Last edited:
Does Afridi want to get those Indian bowlers mauled by the Indian public?

Next thing you know he will start naming these bowlers.

So this is all about food .as usual nonsence take from Afridi.
May be we should settle the debate with Vegeatarian team vs Non Vegetarian team :) Kohli/Warner /Zampa are vegans. Ashwin/Pandya vegetarains. So they will play for vegetarian team.

What Shahid bhai wanted to say but couldnt say was previously all Indian bowlers were Prabhakars and Prasads, now they are Siraj and Shamis...

Unless offcourse Lala's got a diet sheets of Indians- which is serious security lapse and needs to be investigated, today he's got the diet sheet, tomorrow he can replace with something ulta seedha.

Be Afridi, be very Afridi

so whats wrong in it? that's true protien intake makes u stronger.
Not sure they rely on that

Fl-I8zoc-WAAA1nz-U.jpg

hey he dint specify any animal. He could have meant chicken meat, or goat meat.

Well nutrition is important for sport. However, meat is not the only source and the recent Asian Games have proved how vegetarian athletes have earned Gold medals.

Although, as per the recent government survey 55% of Indians eat meat.

This perception that Indians don’t eat meat is very North centric

Most of our Olympic medalists and Asian Games medalists recently come from Haryana, and are predominantly vegetarian. Including in the sport of wrestling which is more physically demanding than fast bowling. Food science, nutrition science etc have advanced in the 21st century.

This says more about Afridi's IQ then anything else. There are many more ways to get decent nutrients apart from gorging in meat. If I am not wrong Virat is mostly vegetarian and see his sixes against meat eating Rauf. Extremely poor analysis.

Well nutrition is important for sport. However, meat is not the only source and the recent Asian Games have proved how vegetarian athletes have earned Gold medals.

Although, as per the recent government survey 55% of Indians eat meat.

This perception that Indians don’t eat meat is very North centric
Even the North Indian thing is limited to a certain strata.

I am from West Delhi and I am
The only vegetarian in my group of friends.

He's right about investment in the key areas, prioritising and having the right and strong leaders.

BCCI get stick, but when it comes to investing in their cricketing structure and players, they deserve a lot of cricket.

This says more about Afridi's IQ then anything else. There are many more ways to get decent nutrients apart from gorging in meat. If I am not wrong Virat is mostly vegetarian and see his sixes against meat eating Rauf. Extremely poor analysis.

Virat has been vegan for quiet sometime meaning no diary either where you get casein protein.

It's just a thinly veiled shot at Hinduism. Afridi is a bigot.
C'mon. He genuinely means it. He's said it before as well. I think it's just banter to make fun of Indians with the lack of meat trope.

And let's face it, Afridi does not have anywhere near the IQ to make a subtle dig like that in the first place. This guy thought that he could bite and tamper the ball without anyone noticing and tamper the pitch by dancing on it without anyone noticing :)) I don't think there is any malice meant because I don't think he's capable of thinking so far ahead in the first place. Was a fun comment. Not to be taken so seriously when he probably didn't intend anything malicious. :)

It is funny how meat helps only in fast bowling obly.if meat helped in other ways (in sports)then guess India would have got more the 100 plus medals they got in recent Asian games .

However as per Afridis logic it seems most Pakistani athletes at the Asian games were probably vegetarian if one looks at the medals tally of Pakistan.

Waqar younas said this years back alot of you kids won't know this

Afridi is probably just having a dig at waqar younis

I’m not sure because where is the Kapil Dev or Javagal Srinath in this generation?

The one thing that’s changed is that rather than having 1-2 pacers at a point, we now have usually a pool of 5-5 good pacers and it’s down to the spread of cricket in smaller Bharatiya cities.

While top batsmen continue to come from major cities, the bowling talent has started coming from rural and small town Bharat with suited genetics for pace.

Pakistan never had a well established cricket structure like Bharat’s so they were tapping on to the rural Pakistan long ago and getting the benefit of paindoo genetics. Bharat only started doing this now and now also a lot of that genetics pool is going to wrestling, hockey and other sports

C'mon. He genuinely means it. He's said it before as well. I think it's just banter to make fun of Indians with the lack of meat trope.

And let's face it, Afridi does not have anywhere near the IQ to make a subtle dig like that in the first place. This guy thought that he could bite and tamper the ball without anyone noticing and tamper the pitch by dancing on it without anyone noticing :)) I don't think there is any malice meant because I don't think he's capable of thinking so far ahead in the first place. Was a fun comment. Not to be taken so seriously when he probably didn't intend anything malicious. :)

Knowing Afridi and his 'intellectual' discourse on various topics this is not all surprising coming from him. Very little thinking behind anything he does or says.

I wish our ex players would shut up and stop talking about India all the time.
No bro, it’s WC and there are TV shows daily on the matches so it’s normal to talk about the team playing. If you go to SportsTak, Indian channel on YouTube, they almost talk more about pakistani players than indian players.

No bro, it’s WC and there are TV shows daily on the matches so it’s normal to talk about the team playing. If you go to SportsTak, Indian channel on YouTube, they almost talk more about pakistani players than indian players.
I understand but its better to talk about their cricket than make lazy comments about dietary habits of players.

I don't really care what Indian media does. They are low class anyway. Our players don't need to stoop to their depth.

Reactions: IAJ
All I will say is education is underrated LOL ! Used to like Afridi the batsman in his playing days, he's become a tool and cringe nowadays.

Stupid statement

Pakistani batsmen still can’t clear the 60 meter boundaries after eating so much meat
Irrespective of the context in which Afridi made the statement - literally spilled my coffee reading your statement LOL ! It was genuinely funny!
Based on this - Afghans should be the biggest 6 hitters hehe !😂

Eating meat also reduced IQ apparently. Shahid Afridi is prime example. When you have the best trainers and nutritionist and supplements one doesn't have to eat meat for the proteins. But then it's Lala.

Utter B/S, these were peddled during the 1990s, Pakistanis eat beef they are stronger. If that's the case Pakistan+Iran+BD+ Afghanistan would have won many more medals than a mostly vegetarian Indian contingent. In the Olympics, many gold medalists are actually vegan, a good and scientific diet is more important than having meat. The earlier it is understood by at least the 'sportspersons', better it is

I guess you are confusing India with some other country where diversity doesn't exist, as usual delusional fundamentalist minnow mindset

so whats wrong in it? that's true protien intake makes u stronger.
People who are clueless about modern sports science and nutrition won't blame them. But, meat and milk are not a really great source of food value, or for that matter clean protein. There are much better alternatives. Forget cricket, many top-notch athletes' and bodybuilders are vegan actually

Anyways, i feel bad for our players that eat cow meat, especially the KPK players. Can only enjoy their meals when they return back to Pakistan.

Last edited by a moderator:
fun watching indians going on about how vegetarian is the way forward lol. The desperation.

Anyways, i feel bad for our players that eat cow meat, especially the KPK players. Can only enjoy their meals when they return back to Pakistan.
You should feel bad for the thousands of children dying in Thar due to starvation than feeling bad for cow meat availability for players.

You should feel bad for the thousands of children dying in Thar due to starvation than feeling bad for cow meat availability for players.
i can say something like instead of wasting milk on washing an idol why not give that milk to the poor.

but this is a cricket section not timepass.

fun watching indians going on about how vegetarian is the way forward lol. The desperation.

They should have stayed in Pakistan and enjoy their meals 😎

Some of the Indian players also eat pork, if or when Indian team comes to Pakistan will they be provided pork?
You should respect local customs , there are bigger issues in India and Pakistan than Pakistan cricket team not getting beef in India.
No offence to anyone, just a counter argument.

Don't worry, they would return pretty soon. And I pardon your lack of understanding about sports science and the difference between veg and vegan.

Some of the Indian players also eat pork, if or when Indian team comes to Pakistan will they be provided pork?
You should respect local customs , there are bigger issues in India and Pakistan than Pakistan cricket team not getting beef in India.
No offence to anyone, just a counter argument.
When was the last time in the last 10 years Indian players came to Pakistan?

And in Pakistan yes pork and such items are available for foreigners only, along with alcahol aswell.

Shahid Afridi speaking on a talk show:

“India have a huge 1.4 billion population, and the quality of cricket has changed [over the years]. Back then we used to say that they are producing great batters while Pakistan is creating good bowlers, but that was not the case as we were generating both bowlers and batters,”

“However, their bowlers have now started eating meat, so they have gained strength,"

“First Sourav Ganguly made so many changes during his captaincy and then the way MS Dhoni carried all the seniors with him. They [BCCI] invested in the right place.

“They improved their grassroots level cricket by giving the entire domestic system to a player like Rahul Dravid, who knows what the kids [domestic players] need to reach the top. They worked hard, and now they keep on producing talents. If India want, they can create two teams now,”

“They invested at the right place and now the people of India are diverting their attention towards it. They built camps and the talent is coming."
Such racist comments about diet etc are expected from Afridi and Pakistanis.. especially Punjabi Pakistanis(though Afridi is Pashtun). This stems from the old age myth that "Hindu Baniyas are weak. We Muslims are stronger and more athletic as we eat meat." This is how it was propagated to proclaim some sort of superiority since ages. This is same as how Bengalis
were treated by Punjabi Muslim Army, by calling them short and weak in height.

Today, Nutrition Science has moved to 21st century and there are multiple non meat sources of protein. But off course, Afridi the racist will believe in all these things as it suits his narrative.
The Vegetarian Indians have won 100+ medals and Meat eating Pakistanis a grand total of 3. Afridi can live in his own La La Land.

By the way, Most of the Sikhs also don't eat meat.. especially if you have taken "Amrit" from Golden Temple and a pledge to live simple life. But, we Sikhs are also strong, tall in general and do well in all kinds of sports. Same as our vegetarian Hindu brothers.

how is eating meat not racism
Such racist comments about diet etc are expected from Afridi and Pakistanis.. especially Punjabi Pakistanis(though Afridi is Pashtun). This stems from the old age myth that "Hindu Baniyas are weak. We Muslims are stronger and more athletic as we eat meat." This is how it was propagated to proclaim some sort of superiority since ages. This is same as how Bengalis

Today, Nutrition Science has moved to 21st century and there are multiple non meat sources of protein. But off course, Afridi the racist will believe in all these things as it suits his narrative.
The Vegetarian Indians have won 100+ medals and Meat eating Pakistanis a grand total of 3. Afridi can live in his own La La Land.

By the way, Most of the Sikhs also don't eat meat.. especially if you have taken "Amrit" from Golden Temple and a pledge to live simple life. But, we Sikhs are also strong, tall in general and do well in all kinds of sports. Same as our vegetarian Hindu brothers.
how is eating meat now racism?

so if i tell you i am gonna eat a beef burger in an hour i am being racist? lmaoo

so if i tell you i am gonna eat a beef burger in an hour i am being racist? lmaoo
No. The connotation that some how people become more stronger by eating meat is what has been paraded my Sub-continental Muslims since centuries. This is proclaiming a superiority based on diet.. and claiming any kind of superiority based on culture/race is definition of Racism
You can eat whatever you want...who cares.
I know, why, because I am from Punjab and know the psyche of Pakistani Punjabis.. since we used to live together pre-partition. Bangladeshis were treated the same way, there culture, height, dietary practices were made fun off.
Even most of the current Cricket shows on Pakistani channels.. make fun of Hindus and Bangladeshis in the name of crass comedy, and most of them have racist connotations.

Also, I would advise to start reducing red meat in your diet.. as It is well documented fact that highest cases of Cancer/Heart Attack/Cholesterol/Colon Cancer are because of high red meat consumption.

So put down that beef burger.. eat some healthy Spinach salad. I care for your health.

Those athletes at asian games who won 3 medals at asian games ate the wrong meat. The meat Afridi is talking of is a rare species of cows which do fast bowling before they become meat.🤣🤣🤣. Those fast bowling cows are such a rare species that they do not help build strength for other sports.

In the Asian games Pakistan got pummelled by 10 goals by vegetarian Indians . You see they forgot to eat hockey playing cows.

Afridi is talking from a place of complete ignorance.

Firstly, eating meat does not equal fitness. Virat is a veggie delight who eats only eggs afaik. He is one of the fittest cricketers in the world.

But back to Afridi's ignorance. One good example is Javagal Srinath. He was vegetarian when he came into the team but was bowling really really fast despite looking so emaciated. He later took to eating meat - actually, it was Sachin, a meat eating Brahmin, who educated his fellow Brahmin on the virtues of meat as a sportsman. Srinath's pace if any thing dropped later. So kind of silly to equate diet with fitness or athleticism.

Also there's this myth among Pakistanis about beef and India. Beef is available to eat in many restaurants. It's possible that some of the hotels where the cricketers are put up might not serve it to avoid controversies. But if you are a regular Indian, you can eat beef where you like. Slaughtering cows below a certain age is what is banned in many states along with illegal transportation of cows or beef.

So I won't be surprised if a lot of the Hindu meat eaters in the Indian team also eat beef. I know Rohit Sharma eats beef for sure.

so an indian movie dangal protrays that eating chicken meat makes you stronger compared to being a veggie, that probably makes the movie racists?

Well since Pakistan is likely not to qualify , an early flight home to cow meals with family is not beyond question . They won't miss it for too long :)

so an indian movie dangal protrays that eating chicken meat makes you stronger compared to being a veggie, that probably makes the movie racists?
As per your understanding, yes. But that movie background was set in a village, whereas the modern sports science takes place in the Indian new system like TOPS or many other similar programs, protein intake need not be through meat. So rather than ridiculing non-meat eaters, you can spend some time surfing through free internet materials, where a lot of scientific discourses taking place about high protein foods, which need not be 'beef' or other animal protein. There is no harm in listening to modern science, once in a while

Another thing which primarily one religion-driven countries don't realize, in India eating meat has more to do with the region than caste. for example, Brahmins from the North and West ( like UP, Haryana, Bihar or MP) and South won't touch meat, but Brahmin people in the East would have no qualms about meat eating. Even Gouriya Saraswat Brahmins and Kashmiri Pandits eat fish. Yes, there are many people who abstain from eating meat for ethical reasons, even if it's not banned.

Pakistanis can never have enough of this topic , can they ? Folks , we have 100 medals in the Asian Games , and its not because we Indians have started eating meat suddenly ! Wonder how some pakistanis just prefer to live in the romance of the 90s when the world has moved so far ahead . Maybe that is why Pakistan cricket is also stuck in the same period .

For the sake of my Pakistani friends , majority of Indians have always been non-vegetarian . Trundlers Prabhakar , Dodda ganesh , Harvinder Singh , Debashish Mohanty were all non-vegetarians . Going by this logic , those guys should have been bowling express .

This is the day and age of protein supplements . You can get far more pure protein from these than the "protein + other **** " that you get from meat . So move on folks

Simple rule of racism, if you talking about a stereotypical concept that loosely apply to any specific race of people, then you are racist.

In Dangal, the dad is not using meat eating myth to look down on any group of people, rather just trying to help his daughters in his way.

Afridi on the other, is clearly putting down past Indian bowlers as weak, and attributing the success of the current ones to a attribute that helps his own race of people.

Hence, dangal was not racists rather than ignorant while afridi is being a racists git.

i like how veggie eaters are now bringing in science to defend their faith :)

The problem is not eating any kind of food..you can eat insects for all anyone cares.

The crux of the issue is Claiming superiority or more strength, as Afridi claimed that people are weak because they don't eat meat. But off course some heads are thick to understand basic science.

It is an age old trope used.. and even religious sermons are given proclaiming that "we well defeat veggie banias as we eat me at"..

My faith is Science.. Then Bharat.. and then Sikhism. As a Engineer I will always trust science.
I used to eat meat as a kid.. and i have tried all kinds of red/white meat, insects/frogs/snakes etc.

But after learning about the world, and evolving myself I have reduced my meat intake a lot.
I would advise you to take care of your health as well.

Red meat and the risk of bowel cancer​

This is exactly why Amir Khan lost his popularity in last 10 years by continuously targeting Hindu beliefs.

I have a hearty laugh everytime some Pakistani says Indians are vegeterians :ROFLMAO:

Coming back to sports, in meat-eating behemoth Afridi's overall 500+ international matches, what was his batting and bowling avg vs vegetarian Indians?

My faith is Science.. Then Bharat.. and then Sikhism. As a Engineer I will always trust science.
I used to eat meat as a kid.. and i have tried all kinds of red/white meat, insects/frogs/snakes etc.

But after learning about the world, and evolving myself I have reduced my meat intake a lot.
I would advise you to take care of your health as well.

Red meat and the risk of bowel cancer​

Exactly. Also, even Indian Muslims would any day prefer mutton or lamb over beef, but some padosi would never stop harping about how greatly they miss beef in India. Whereas in India most of the major cities beef are available in abundance. I myself was a voracious meat eater, if really someone wants good beef they should go out of South East Asia, where there is no difference between milch cattle and cattle raised for meat

Exactly. Also, even Indian Muslims would any day prefer mutton or lamb over beef, but some padosi would never stop harping about how greatly they miss beef in India. Whereas in India most of the major cities beef are available in abundance. I myself was a voracious meat eater, if really someone wants good beef they should go out of South East Asia, where there is no difference between milch cattle and cattle raised for meat
Nothing tastes better than mutton. Absolutely nothing!

Good news for them is given how Pakistan is playing , they will get knocked out before the semis - so they can return home early & enjoy their beef dishes

Back