[VIDEO] Pakistan players seen at a meet and greet dinner in Dallas

Poor Azam is only getting ridiculed coz selectors and captain are deciding to play him

Hope they have nice dinner arranged tonight. Burgers and fries should fit the USA theme nicely.

$25 per attendee. If each player met with a fan and gave autograph within a minute.

Considering the event was for 2 overs. 120 Minutes x $25 = $3,000.

$3,000 for 2 hours split lets say equally between Shadab, Haris, Amir, Imad, Usman and Organizers. Then that's $500 per player for a 2 hours shift.

$250 per hour. Not bad.

Usually Photos and autographs are extra, that's how it works in Comicon and other such events.

They should have been given the 90's treatment i.e. eggs and abuses. Too much molley coddling has ruined them.

Bhookay or lalchi.

Thats the most suitable way you can describe these bhukar clowns.

Well guys, hope the PCT take the day off tomorrow and go outlet mall shopping in Dallas, followed by a nice dinner and Sheesha into the wee hours of the morning. Who cares about cricket, let these guys enjoy their lives.

I repeat:

Theyv zero interest in cricket & this World Cup they just want to go from house to house eat & eat. They earn at least $15000 per month but still hungry for free food from restaurants. They have zero fitness a rhino for a keeper all nepotism.as a nation run by crooks everyone’s after food khai jao

Feel sorry for the fans that go & watch this sham of a team.
Poor fans must have felt like don’t want to say the word.. this team is not worth it..

This is such a spotlight on the state of the team. I know some people will say they can leave and have their own free time. they can be practising 24/7. It's not about that, its showing the attitude they have before a WC opening game they're having meet and greets, and dinners.

clowns the lot of them

Well guys, hope the PCT take the day off tomorrow and go outlet mall shopping in Dallas, followed by a nice dinner and Sheesha into the wee hours of the morning. Who cares about cricket, let these guys enjoy their lives.
I think they are off to NY now.. might suit them better

I just saw them at the hotel . They looked pretty grim. Shaheen had a pretty annoyed look on his face.
They're flying out tonight to NYC

I just saw them at the hotel . They looked pretty grim. Shaheen had a pretty annoyed look on his face.
Was there a large fan presence outside the hotel?

Looks like the rates will come down now :ROFLMAO:

About time they get annoyed. I want them to get serious.

Was there a large fan presence outside the hotel?
When they left, yes, and I think that was part of the problem.
I don't have a problem with the organized meet and greets but once the local fans figured out where the team was they were spending more time dealing with fans than getting mentally ready for a match. A friend of mine drove up from Houston and spent some time with the team last night. They were restricted from leaving the hotel after 5 PM but the hotel in question is a huge hotel and has tons to do. I think they were also kept up by fans. I don't know if this was sarcasm or not but one of the people in my friend's party claimed that the team was having nihari last night.
Even this morning before they left (I was not staying at the team hotel overnight) they were dealing with fans snapping photos, getting autographs, etc rather than being able to focus on the match.

A significant portion of the blame falls on the players, to be sure. When professional sports teams travel here in the states the team books an entire floor just for them and the hotel restricts access so no one can have access to the team without permission. I would be shocked if the hotel didn't ensure that was done for the Pakistani players. They chose to be downstairs and hang with fans instead of staying upstairs in their rooms (and having stayed at the hotel in question, I can assure you there are rooms where they could have had a private team dinner and strategy sessions without leaving the floor). The American team was staying at the same hotel and I doubt they had such issues.

But Pakistani team security also shares a lesser portion of the blame for not keeping fans away.

Babar is most responsible mind you-he could have set a much better tone.

Who the hell wants to pay to meet this team and these bunch of loosers?

I would not even entertain the idea even if someone offered to pay me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who the hell wants to pay to meet this team and these bunch of panoti loosers?

I would not even entertain the idea even if someone offered to pay me.
They got their money before today’s performance

The meet and greet dinner should be Meet and Beat dinner now. And the price for that should be -25$, where the players have to pay the people who came to meet them.

After so much humiliation against USA, this was bound to happen.

Now focus on your game.

bF7BTye.png

Now focus on your game.

bF7BTye.png
Look at the timing. That tells you everything. They are used to playing the games at night but in the WT20 they have to wake up at 6-7 AM to get ready for the 9-10 AM match.

If I were the coach or captain. I would force each and every player to wake up at 6 AM every single day so they can get used to the morning games.

And here they are attending Dinners till 11PM-12AM at night after every game.

Now they’re at Yasir Hameed’s house for dinner. It’s like Eid where they’re going from place to place for dawats and shugal.View attachment 144258
Pakistani team complained to the ICC about the distance between the hotel and the stadium. Took them a hour and half drive to attend practice sessions. They seem to be happy to just go around attending different dawats and events. Priorities.

Look at the timing. That tells you everything. They are used to playing the games at night but in the WT20 they have to wake up at 6-7 AM to get ready for the 9-10 AM match.

If I were the coach or captain. I would force each and every player to wake up at 6 AM every single day so they can get used to the morning games.

And here they are attending Dinners till 11PM-12AM at night after every game.
Shambolic, idiotic and outrageous. Two days before the India match, you set this event up into the early hours of the morning. There’s no way you can be ready for such a match when your priorities are galas and dinners. What kind of team management is this?

Pakistani team complained to the ICC about the distance between the hotel and the stadium. Took them a hour and half drive to attend practice sessions. They seem to be happy to just go around attending different dawats and events. Priorities.
I'm glad that hotel got rearranged. Keep them outside the city and focused on cricket. You don't want the Pakistani team running around NYC. If they beat India I'm sure a little bit of slack can be given.

Shambolic, idiotic and outrageous. Two days before the India match, you set this event up into the early hours of the morning. There’s no way you can be ready for such a match when your priorities are galas and dinners. What kind of team management is this?
Wahab (The Senior Manager) is on the poster of this Dinner Gala. It's just shambolic. Rightly said. No professional athlete does this kind of stuff. This is basic stuff.

Apparently they were planning on doing more of these in NY but PCB blocked it.

They spent the eve of the game smoking shisha, a shameless bunch this lot.

Apparently they were planning on doing more of these in NY but PCB blocked it.

They spent the eve of the game smoking shisha, a shameless bunch this lot.
Pakistanis and Punjabis from India seem obsessed with Sheesha I recall them doing something similar during CT 2017 as well but they won that

Pakistanis and Punjabis from India seem obsessed with Sheesha I recall them doing something similar during CT 2017 as well but they won that

Imad and Amir are smokers so if you look at the line up of that evening I think they are all smokers. It just keeps getting worse.

I guess Pakistan thought first round matches were mere academic so they thought they could use the time for dinner parties as they were confident of advancing. Given the pitch conditions and unknown teams that exploit those conditions better Pakistan has found themselves in no man's land.

Now focus on your game.

bF7BTye.png

I bet Rizwan was due to make a speech at this event, he was sure to milk what was supposed to be a glorious 50 and 180 total against the USA, I could just picture him all animated and smiling like he just won the World Cup, there’s still Ireland and Canada, but the average has already taken a massive hit.

We used to laugh at Inzi now he seems to be a super fit player in his day after seeing Azam. I would never even greet these losers even if the entry was free. It is our fans putting them on a pedestal who see them as God's that needs to stop. I would much rather meet Footballers then these sorry of an excuse sportsmen.

I kinda wanna see a meet up between these 2. Things ain't looking good for chacha
lol Mohraheem will be running after iftikhar carrying stick in his hands while iftikhar would be chanting "Bachaooo... Bachaooooo" :ROFLMAO:

same thing will happen to Azam Khan if I attend this meetup. :D

On a local channel, former Pakistan cricketer Basit Ali lashed out at the team management for arranging a gala dinner during the ICC T20 World Cup 2024:

"With apologies, they are arranging these dinners for $25 each, bringing disrepute to the nation. Even such things happened: a fan came to get a photo, and they inquired if he had paid or not. The Pakistan government and the chairman of PCB have taken good notice of this."

Meanwhile Kamran Akmal said:

"I think there should be an inquiry into this because when you are on national duty, you can't conduct such events. You can go to restaurants, but events are not okay. The regrettable thing is that they should consider the team's form and condition. You are clearly struggling, and you are inviting media and people to criticize you. I'm still confused about whether this is okay or not; team management should be inquired."

As per reports:

Pakistani players accepted low appearance fees for a meet-and-greet function during the T20 World Cup 2024 in Dallas. Another event, ‘A Night with Stars,’ was called off due to payment disputes involving captain Babar Azam and other players. Despite having four chairmen since December 2022, senior management officials have not been moved or terminated. Some officials are blamed for player indiscipline, especially during central contract negotiations last year.

Speculations also surrounds a divided team, with Babar Azam and Shaheen Shah Afridi reportedly at odds over captaincy.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is expected to formulate a code of conduct for players, addressing issues like family travel and paid appearances during tournaments

Back