[VIDEOS] How are you feeling as a Pakistan supporter?

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
This is what has happened to some!

LpSmUIA.png

To be honest, the will to support is now hanging on with a thread!

Probably the lowest I’ve ever felt as a Pakistan fan.

There’s been a lot of disappointments over the years of following this team, off the top of my head the ones that stand out most are the Ireland loss in 2007, Sydney test 2010, T20 WC Semi in 2010, Mohali 2011, 1/4 against WI in 2015, Banglawash in 2015, the loss to NZ in 2018 where Azhar Ali’s strategy to chase the remaining 10 runs was to try and take singles off the last ball of consecutive overs, WC loss to WI in 2019, T20 WC Semi in 2021, T20 WC match against India in 2022 and T20 WC final in the same tournament.

A few of those have almost broken my will to support this team, but I’ve always come back for more suffering.

The last two games against USA and India may have finally pushed it beyond that point though. These boys are not only devoid of skill and mental fortitude, they’re devoid of passion.

Felt like a minnow. First time, I am feeling like we don't deserve to go ahead.

It's too many times on the last couple of years/decades that Pakistan fans or followers have been disappointed, it's way too much.

Too many people not good enough or underperforming within the PCB let alone the cricket team.

Misbah and Shoaib Malik had their fair share as well.
Shoaib Malik was averaging single digit in England during his last few years and was allowed to play a World Cup or CT or something and was looking like a headless deer before he was dropped.

Misbah was made selector, coach and didn’t have world beating performances either.

Now that they have retired they are spewing venom on the current team when these guys were part of the problem themselves.

Don’t know who the third dude is

Think the flip side to this is that health is much better for Pak fans as they have low expectations from the side as is.

As a besharam fan, hoping that we sneak into the super 8s :ROFLMAO:

Look if you are a true cricket fan, no matter what happens you hope to sneak in. This is how we won 2009 World T20 and the trend of relying on others started from there.

Offcourse, the game that we loss to India was one of the worst losses ever and will sting quite badly. Like i can accept the USA loss, or if we had lost to India by a big margin. But to loss that match which we had won already hurts the most.

Anyways, lets just hope for the best.

Misbah and Shoaib Malik had their fair share as well.
Shoaib Malik was averaging single digit in England during his last few years and was allowed to play a World Cup or CT or something and was looking like a headless deer before he was dropped.

Misbah was made selector, coach and didn’t have world beating performances either.

Now that they have retired they are spewing venom on the current team when these guys were part of the problem themselves.

Don’t know who the third dude is
2021 world t20 was his team.

You need to watch the show, they are not spewing venom. I think fans need to accept that criticism doesnt mean that venom is being spewed, there is a difference between criticism and getitng personal.

Supporter message on X

"It is with great displeasure and sadness that I inform all of you that I, unfortunately, albeit of my own free will, have failed to subdue my desires and love for the sport and have, with absolute sorrow, once again, tuned in for a match of the Pakistan Cricket Team."

447671092_472700611922834_6366257842179919923_n.jpg

After promising i wont watch them play again

Mate I'm confused. There's no other word for it. I just don't understand what is going on.. there's a part of me that is expecting this team to be investigated for their performances because they can't just be THIS bad for no reason. Unless they just are. Who knows? It's just confusing

On multiple occasions in recent years we have failed to qualify for the next stage due to NRR. Here we are playing modest cricket against the mighty Canadians when the only chance of us qualifying will be based on NRR.

I've been watching them for a very long time. Disaster and triumph are both on knifes edge when it comes Pakistan in tournaments. It would make a great Netflix documentary.

As a pscyhe we perform better when we have nothing to lose.

As a supporter getting ready for surgery hopefully the Dr. have expert precision to get the job done

I am feeling pretty low on confidence in this team. Wetaher might also spoil the whole party for Pakistan. Only Qudrat ka Nizam can save them now. No other thing can save them.

I am feeling pretty low on confidence in this team. Wetaher might also spoil the whole party for Pakistan. Only Qudrat ka Nizam can save them now. No other thing can save them.
For those that are doing their mental calculations, Don't forget, NY is the pitch for USA vs India. USA could very well pull an upset.

Then what will you guys do? Beg India to lose to Canada?

As a besharam fan, hoping that we sneak into the super 8s :ROFLMAO:

Look if you are a true cricket fan, no matter what happens you hope to sneak in. This is how we won 2009 World T20 and the trend of relying on others started from there.

Offcourse, the game that we loss to India was one of the worst losses ever and will sting quite badly. Like i can accept the USA loss, or if we had lost to India by a big margin. But to loss that match which we had won already hurts the most.

Anyways, lets just hope for the best.
On multiple occasions in recent years we have failed to qualify for the next stage due to NRR. Here we are playing modest cricket against the mighty Canadians when the only chance of us qualifying will be based on NRR.
No chance bro. As USA is providing us lot of opportunities in IT sector, We have decided to loose against USA to show our gratitude. So, India with 3 wins and USA with 4 wins (by topping the group) will emerge as qualifying teams to Super 8.

.Pakistan are getting left behind. White-ball cricket has evolved into a game of power hitting and clearing the ropes, physical power and fitness are now essential for batsmen. It's almost like baseball hitting. Have Pakistani batsman got the muscularity and power to compete? It will take a lot of hard work. Running power when fielding is lacking. Throwing is wild, with a lack of composure, and very panicky. Slip-catching is poor. The bowling is fine and always be fine; they will always produce bowlers.

I don’t feel low. I actually pity this team now.

There’s just no substance left to the Pakistan team. Anyone who wants to watch remnants of the Pakistan team of old, switch over to Afghanistan - they play in that spirit.

I don’t feel low. I actually pity this team now.

There’s just no substance left to the Pakistan team. Anyone who wants to watch remnants of the Pakistan team of old, switch over to Afghanistan - they play in that spirit.
They don’t, Afghanistan players are not match fixers and ball tamperers.

They don’t, Afghanistan players are not match fixers and ball tamperers.
And that one fixer playing well for Pakistan in this WC excluding that super over against USA.
So, it's not about fixing and all that stuff, it's about their mentality.

Genuine and experienced Pakistan fans will tell you we're immune to such shocks now.

There is no need to try and impugn their credibility any further.

I'm just frustrated at our inability to learn and adapt. I made a thread quite a while back where I mentioned that we gave Babar + Rizwan opening combo 2 T20WCs, yes we came close in both those tournaments but ultimately we didn't win. At that point my only suggestion was to learn from this and do something different that can get us over the line.

Fast forward to this world cup it was such a knee jerk reaction to see from our management who had no plan B to revert back to Babar + Rizwan again at the very last moment.

With no plans, vision, thinking ability we expect us to win tournaments which ain't happening. Once we start learning and not repeating the same mistakes we might make some progress.

I think the PCB has been taking Pakistan fans for granted and taking advantage of them for years - the team circus is nothing without the fans, they get sponsors and top venues because the fans pay a hell of alot of money to watch them….

Last edited by a moderator:
The lowest I felt was 2010, no doubt. It’s something I will never forget but it’s also the year I stopped playing cricket for my club/county out of embarrassment.

What I’m going through is strange - a bit more mature - I realise what the issues are but I also know they won’t be resolved because this is Pakistan cricket. The political situation in PK, election of Naqvi, out of date infrastructure, prioritisation of PSL (fast tracking from there), mindset such as cutting cakes for taking 100 wickets, everything is a mess. There is no brand to our cricket as well. Maybe this is what a decline looks like?

At least under Misbah we had discipline, a strategy, stability.

T20 World Cup 2024: Petition seeks sedition case against PCT, Babar Azam​

The petition was filed under sections 22A and 22B of the criminal code at the District and Sessions Court of Gujranwala.

The petition, submitted by a lawyer in Gujranwala, calls for charges of treason against team captain Babar Azam and other members of the team. The case was filed in the court of Additional Sessions Judge Tamsal Zaib Naeem.

The petition alleges that the team’s performance is a waste of money and has brought dishonour to the nation. It claims that tens of millions of rupees have been squandered on the players and that the management prioritises financial gain over national pride.

The application also requests a case against the team manager, coach, and chief selector.

It should be noted that in the initial two matches of the ICC T20 World Cup, the national team had to face defeat against USA and India, which makes it unlikely for Pakistan to advance to the Super 8 round.

The petition highlights the emotional toll on the nation after losses against the United States and India, demanding a ban on the team until an inquiry is conducted and a report is submitted to the Home Secretary.

The court has requested a report from the police on the registration of the case and directed the SHO of the police station to submit the report by June 21.

Send them home beyond help.. bowlers can’t put 3 decent delivery’s together fielders can’t catch. Baba & rizwan will bat till 17th over as you can’t expose shadab Ifty usman more than 3 overs in international cricket.

Trust me more humiliation would have waited in super8s.

The only comfort I get from this whole situation is that the bosses of the country who are mainly responsible for this mess are also hurt.

And that one fixer playing well for Pakistan in this WC excluding that super over against USA.
So, it's not about fixing and all that stuff, it's about their mentality.
You cannot exclude that Super Over because it is the worst Super Over bowled in history, and one of the biggest reasons for Pakistan failing to get beyond the group stage.

The petition was filed under sections 22A and 22B of the criminal code at the District and Sessions Court of Gujranwala.

The petition, submitted by a lawyer in Gujranwala, calls for charges of treason against team captain Babar Azam and other members of the team. The case was filed in the court of Additional Sessions Judge Tamsal Zaib Naeem.

The petition alleges that the team’s performance is a waste of money and has brought dishonour to the nation. It claims that tens of millions of rupees have been squandered on the players and that the management prioritises financial gain over national pride.

The application also requests a case against the team manager, coach, and chief selector.

It should be noted that in the initial two matches of the ICC T20 World Cup, the national team had to face defeat against USA and India, which makes it unlikely for Pakistan to advance to the Super 8 round.

The petition highlights the emotional toll on the nation after losses against the United States and India, demanding a ban on the team until an inquiry is conducted and a report is submitted to the Home Secretary.

The court has requested a report from the police on the registration of the case and directed the SHO of the police station to submit the report by June 21.

I like this / very good : that should teach them

You cannot exclude that Super Over because it is the worst Super Over bowled in history, and one of the biggest reasons for Pakistan failing to get beyond the group stage.
Amir wasn't the only one to blame, those fielders too including rizwan, who managed to give 5-6 extra runs.

The lowest I felt was 2010, no doubt. It’s something I will never forget but it’s also the year I stopped playing cricket for my club/county out of embarrassment.

What I’m going through is strange - a bit more mature - I realise what the issues are but I also know they won’t be resolved because this is Pakistan cricket. The political situation in PK, election of Naqvi, out of date infrastructure, prioritisation of PSL (fast tracking from there), mindset such as cutting cakes for taking 100 wickets, everything is a mess. There is no brand to our cricket as well. Maybe this is what a decline looks like?

Misbah himself started the cake tradition after Asad Shafiq’s innings in a losing cause.

After with your other points though.

I hope charges are filed against him for filing such a petition.

We didn't really have discipline under Misbah.

Shehzad and UA were around and were causing clown shows and Misbah let them, I fact he even advocated them to be in the 2020 no 1 ranked aide despite both of them being universally hated.

Even CA banned Warner for a year due to his clown show and Warner is a gilchrist level batsmen, infact you can argue he's even superior.

Younis Khan was the only person who would dogwalk all over Misbah without misbah being able to do anything, In 2009 YK just told misbah to get pads off and not bat at all. In test, YK did his own thing and in 2015, YK demanded to be put back and despite misbah arguing otherwise he was unable to, So misbah couldn't really control YK.

Shahid Afridi was also out of control and beyond Misbah's caliber, Misbah despite kicking afridi out, After the utter embrassment of 2013 ct, Afridi came back in, and since then their was endless hostility between the 2. Misbah only had control over afridi from 2012-2013, Denying odi series against India and ct 2013. He lost all control afterwards and couldn't do anything about his ego.

The cake culture was still their and many players like Nasir jamshed became baloons and people noted how poor the fitness standards of most players were especially UA and misbah didn't do anything.

It's just Misbah was lucky to inherit a team in test that could function without him as sarfraz, azhar, Younis, gull, Shafiq, Shehzad, junaid, Saeed ajmal, Hafeez etc had been around either regular or part time since 2010.

Only thing misbah did was put shafiq at no 6 in test which ended up working and bring yasir shah in which ended up working, Otherwise he didn't really do anything to the test team, the structure was already their, Credit to Jim for being a good batsmen in test though but sadly a crap one in whiteball

Amir wasn't the only one to blame, those fielders too including rizwan, who managed to give 5-6 extra runs.
3 wides = 3 extra runs = 3 extra balls = more runs = 9 runs (3 runs + 6 extra runs from the extra balls).

Meaning no wides no additional balls no extras no extra runs gained.

We lost by 6 runs.

Amir is 100% to blame.

They didn’t sneak byes on legitimate deliveries but on wides that were hard to collect. Of course the blame goes on Amir.

I wasn't as upset about loss to USA as I am after the loss to India which was a totally winnable chase and also watching timid chase against Canada especially the way Rizwan celebrating his run a ball 50 with 2 hands raised in the air for conquering Canadian bowling.

Most likely they will come home early due to rain in FL allowing USA to go through, maybe not a bad thing for their future.

And for Pakistan an early exit will bring up the usual "blessing in disguise" and then we can see what surgery happens. If it's something that is done with full openness at acknowledging the real issues and building a fresh team for 2025/2026 under direct guidance of Gary Kirsten and no politics/parchi/stat padding/oldies/psl bashing for selection, it may not be a bad thing in long run.

I am not interested in the tournament anymore. Probably the first world cup where i have lost interest so early. The performances has been abysmal, the attitude has been really embarassing.

I'm looking forward to the series between Pakistan and Zimbabwe in November (no kidding or trolling here) , both the teams have shown the ability to lose to just about anyone and have faced humiliation after humiliation in recent years. That promises to be a thriller of a series.

I dont support tourists like Babar Azam and Co. Makes it a lot easier. For the first time in like 20 years I did not watch a Pak vs India game. I am convinced even if India scored 60, this team of tourists would still have lost.

I've been a hard core follower of the Pakistan team since 1992 when they won the World Cup down under. I had moved from Denmark to Pakistan in 1989 and before the World Cup win, couldn't see what the big fuss was about cricket (being a die hard footie lover). That was like a religious conversion.

Then I moved to England in 1993 and since then, make every attempt to watch any match live I can, whether it was Test or limited overs cricket. I was there when Ovalgate happened, 2009 World Cup win, spot fixing etc. While there has been more low points than highs, I have always been there for the team.

But this time, after mental midget Babar had being re-instated as Kuptaan, the merry go round of PCB heads, and a team full of clowns posing as athletes like age old pensioner Chacha or overweight toddler like Azam Khan, I just can't fully support this team. I haven't even got my Sky Sports Cricket subscription this time (it's not about the money but the principle). Forget mercurial Pakistan (I'll take that right now), the current Pakistan team and set-up has no self belief and don't know how to win...

So angry.

Just needed to hold their nerve against the US, who had succumbed to pressure.

And we would be sitting pretty at 4 points right now.

Easiest group of this WC and we messed it up so royally.

Honestly I felt lower after the 2021 and 2010 T20 World Cup semi-finals, and the 2011 World Cup semi-final. The India match this time was pretty mentally torturous but still not entirely unexpected.

So angry.

Just needed to hold their nerve against the US, who had succumbed to pressure.

And we would be sitting pretty at 4 points right now.

Easiest group of this WC and we messed it up so royally.
Easiest group is group C. If you're Afghanistan or west indies you have easy wins in Uganada and Png and NZ since NZ is out of it and are minnow due to not playing in months.

They don't have to worry about competition while usa smacked Bangladesh so it was never gonna be easy

I've been a hard core follower of the Pakistan team since 1992 when they won the World Cup down under. I had moved from Denmark to Pakistan in 1989 and before the World Cup win, couldn't see what the big fuss was about cricket (being a die hard footie lover). That was like a religious conversion.

Then I moved to England in 1993 and since then, make every attempt to watch any match live I can, whether it was Test or limited overs cricket. I was there when Ovalgate happened, 2009 World Cup win, spot fixing etc. While there has been more low points than highs, I have always been there for the team.

But this time, after mental midget Babar had being re-instated as Kuptaan, the merry go round of PCB heads, and a team full of clowns posing as athletes like age old pensioner Chacha or overweight toddler like Azam Khan, I just can't fully support this team. I haven't even got my Sky Sports Cricket subscription this time (it's not about the money but the principle). Forget mercurial Pakistan (I'll take that right now), the current Pakistan team and set-up has no self belief and don't know how to win...
Similar story. We were the team that played t20 style cricket when it didn’t exist we had players like Imran Nazir and Afridi opening when no one had tried pinch hitters. Saw a test at the oval where waqar wasim and saqi took last 7 or 8 wickets for 15-20 runs and England lost by 20 runs. Azam khan and Ifti are embarrassing and this recycling machine where Azhar after his disastrous last stint is bought back as a bowling coach and Misbah who hasn’t even coached a kids team is made national coach. Amir and the no ball trio opened the door for Misbah to come in and he like a leech started draining us and we are not even at the darkest time yet. Imagine when Babar (horrible captain) isn’t around and actual parchis like shan masood are captains

I just feel indifferent now. I have followed cricket ardently for nearly 20 years. The losses don’t even hurt anymore. The games against USA and India were the first ones in my life where I actively cheered and prayed for Pakistan to lose. I no longer feel sad when we lose, but rather I expect us to lose. I have accepted we are mediocre.

The Ireland loss in 2007 left me in tears. Our cricket culture needed a reboot then. Like Saurav Ganguly gave to the Indian cricket team. They beat us at our home in 2004 simply because they were the better fielding side.
This change in mentality and increased professionalism allowed Dhoni and Kohli to take everything to the next level. We are 15-20 years behind all the elite teams.

The 2005 Pakistan team was the last one that was genuinely strong and feared by opponents and loved by our own fans. And it had the talent to play in all conditions. Bob Woolmer as coach, strong batting line up, good allrounders, strong bowling, it should have kicked on, but fitness and off field issues and poor management by PCB, stupid decisions from players, plus the drugs stuff and other things meant that our whole structure collapsed after that. We have to accept Our cricket was dying BEFORE the 2009 shootings and the 2010 spot fixing scandal which only compounded everything. (We didn’t play a single Test in 2008 for God’s sake!)

Our poor organization and unprofessional mentality and culture is a reflection of Pakistan as a country.
Our uneducated primadonna players thought that winning the Champions Trophy in 2017 or winning a few T20 games in 2021 meant that they were now elite. It’s a joke. It’s cringeworthy hearing these guys give interviews. Whether in English or in Urdu.
I agree entirely with what Wasim Akram said recently.

Pakistan as a country won’t succeed any time soon, no 3 year or “5 year plan” will heal us. We need a complete reboot. Accept our status as minnows, change the culture and the entire PCB, become more professional, then maybe in 10-12 years Pakistan as a nation and as a cricket team can start competing at the elite level again.
(This is me being optimistic)
@Mamoon

I just feel indifferent now. I have followed cricket ardently for nearly 20 years. The losses don’t even hurt anymore. The games against USA and India were the first ones in my life where I actively cheered and prayed for Pakistan to lose. I no longer feel sad when we lose, but rather I expect us to lose. I have accepted we are mediocre.

The Ireland loss in 2007 left me in tears. Our cricket culture needed a reboot then. Like Saurav Ganguly gave to the Indian cricket team. They beat us at our home in 2004 simply because they were the better fielding side.
This change in mentality and increased professionalism allowed Dhoni and Kohli to take everything to the next level. We are 15-20 years behind all the elite teams.

The 2005 Pakistan team was the last one that was genuinely strong and feared by opponents and loved by our own fans. And it had the talent to play in all conditions. Bob Woolmer as coach, strong batting line up, good allrounders, strong bowling, it should have kicked on, but fitness and off field issues and poor management by PCB, stupid decisions from players, plus the drugs stuff and other things meant that our whole structure collapsed after that. We have to accept Our cricket was dying BEFORE the 2009 shootings and the 2010 spot fixing scandal which only compounded everything. (We didn’t play a single Test in 2008 for God’s sake!)

Our poor organization and unprofessional mentality and culture is a reflection of Pakistan as a country.
Our uneducated primadonna players thought that winning the Champions Trophy in 2017 or winning a few T20 games in 2021 meant that they were now elite. It’s a joke. It’s cringeworthy hearing these guys give interviews. Whether in English or in Urdu.

Pakistan as a country won’t succeed any time soon, no 3 year or “5 year plan” will heal us. We need a complete reboot. Accept our status as minnows, change the culture and the entire PCB, become more professional, then maybe in 10-12 years Pakistan as a nation and as a cricket team can start competing at the elite level again.
@Mamoon
Our decline can be encapsulated simply by looking at Wahab Riaz. I won’t say that this guy should never have played international cricket. He did have the raw pace. But his good performances can be listed on one hand. The 2010 Test debut, the 2011 semi final, the lengthy spell vs England in one of the desert Test in 2015, the 2015 spell vs Watson, a decent game vs England in 2019 world cup , and helping us win the Afghanistan match in 2019.
He was a brainless bowler and lost us so many matches. He would release the pressure put on the opposition by our other bowlers the few times we were on top.

This guy managed to play 27 Tests and 91 ODIS, 36 T20Is.
He was in and around the team for literally over a decade, constantly being selected and even considered as our main fast bowler for 2-3 years!

Then he became sports minister for our most populated province! Then he became our chief selector!

Remember that in 2010, Wahab was implicated in the spot fixing scandal but survived. I wonder who is behind this guy that he was involved in high govt posts?

If Pakistan cricket was functioning well and was an actual elite team, like Australia or India, and our top players weren’t chronically iniured or stupid or banned for match fixing, Wahab Riaz at MOST would have had 5-7 year intl career, and made maybe 10 Test appearances and 30-40 limited overs games.
All as an emergency backup.

@Mamoon

You don’t post much but as a fellow old timer & veteran, you know what I am talking about.

Pakistani simply does not have what it takes to be a top side and it is about time the fans accept the reality.

They are always looking for scapegoats because they can’t accept our standing in the food chain now.

First, all problems were because of Misbah and the same people who claimed that Pakistan cricket will be at its best when Misbah is gone are now blaming Babar.

Apparently Babar is the source of all evil now and if you remove him, Pakistan will become world beaters.

When Babar is gone, they will find another scapegoat and put all the blame on that person.

Pakistan cricket needs a factory reset because the culture is rotten to the core and it has been rotten to the core since day 1, but we got away with due to different reasons but the reality is that Pakistan cricket has been left behind now.

It will take a huge cultural shift over many years to review Pakistan and it has to start from the grassroots, but we all know that will not happen. If we were capable, it would have happened by now.

We have been crap for many, many years even when we pretended that we are not crap.

The only option for the fans is to accept where we are and make peace with it. Not every sports team is meant to be successful or win the trophy that it participates in.

Pakistan is now a participator not a competitor. There is a difference. Like Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, we turn up to make the numbers and in addition, thanks to the geopolitical rivalry, help ICC and India make revenue, that is it.

There is a huge gap between the actual capacity of Pakistan cricket and the fans expectations and hopes.

The same fans who think everything will be fine after they get rid of this crop of players will be abusing the next crop of players as well.

Once in 10-15 years you will produce 1-2 world class players but everyone else around them will be rubbish, whereas other countries are producing 1-2 world class players every year.

Lower your expectations and make peace with where Pakistan cricket is today and where it will remain in the future. Nothing is going to happen and nothing is going to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our decline can be encapsulated simply by looking at Wahab Riaz. I won’t say that this guy should never have played international cricket. He did have the raw pace. But his good performances can be listed on one hand. The 2010 Test debut, the 2011 semi final, the lengthy spell vs England in one of the desert Test in 2015, the 2015 spell vs Watson, a decent game vs England in 2019 world cup , and helping us win the Afghanistan match in 2019.
He was a brainless bowler and lost us so many matches. He would release the pressure put on the opposition by our other bowlers the few times we were on top.

This guy managed to play 27 Tests and 91 ODIS, 36 T20Is.
He was in and around the team for literally over a decade, constantly being selected and even considered as our main fast bowler for 2-3 years!

Then he became sports minister for our most populated province! Then he became our chief selector!

Remember that in 2010, Wahab was implicated in the spot fixing scandal but survived. I wonder who is behind this guy that he was involved in high govt posts?

If Pakistan cricket was functioning well and was an actual elite team, like Australia or India, and our top players weren’t chronically iniured or stupid or banned for match fixing, Wahab Riaz at MOST would have had 5-7 year intl career, and made maybe 10 Test appearances and 30-40 limited overs games.
All as an emergency backup.
Wahab Riaz is one of the worst fast bowlers to play a substantial number of matches for Pakistan and when the misery finally ended 3-4 years back, Pakistan quickly replaced him with a replica who goes by the name of Haris Rauf.

Feeling like Pakistan will be out of this world cup soon. Can't see USA losing to Ireland.

Amir wasn't the only one to blame, those fielders too including rizwan, who manager to give 5-6 extra runs.

3 wides = 3 extra runs = 3 extra balls = more runs = 9 runs (3 runs + 6 extra runs from the extra balls).

Meaning no wides no additional balls no extras no extra runs gained.

We lost by 6 runs.

Amir is 100% to blame.
He's not the ONLY ONE to blame, that's what I said.

I am not a supporter of the Pak team but as a passionate lover of the game, I don't want Pakistan to go the West Indies way. Pakistan has been a top side in the past, having produced some all time greats of the game, whom I have admired a lot. Pakistan's falling will be a loss to the whole world of cricket, and not just to Pak fans.
Pakistan' s cricket setup needs a thorough overhaul. The country has great talent which needs to be nurtured and promoted. A good cricketing culture, free from nepotism and corruption, should also be established.
Perhaps the ICC should step in and clean up PCB and Pakistan's cricketing setup? As the global cricket watchdog that is also responsible for some of PCB's funding, it should be their duty towards us fans to ensure that countries with a good cricketing pedigree like Pakistan don't fall by the wayside.
The ICC failed with the West Indies, one if the top sides of yesteryear. They should make sure the same does not happen to Pakistan.

Pakistan just like Westindies will keep throwing up exciting talents and mercurial match winners till cricket exists. They might even win a WT20 or some LOI tournament the future like they did with CT2017.

However that doesn’t guarantee Pakistan cricket will improve. Westindies, Srilanka and Pak have all won ICC trophies in the last 10 years, however it did nothing for their cricket.

If I had to guess Pakistan’s issues on-field like coaching/selections/captaincy/
Performance is only 40% of the issues.

Needs to work on his fitness.

His line and length also need a lot of work. Potential superstar in making.

Afg beat PCT last WC and now have gone through whilst we are knocked. Let that sink in, how low we have gone.

Former India cricketer Mohammad Kaif observed that Pakistan fans and former players are not supporting their national team at the ICC T20 World Cup 2024, he said while talking to an Indian sports channel:

“Due to their recent poor performance, the team seems to have lost the support of their fans, former players, and the general public. There is a sense of turmoil and unrest surrounding the team, as no one appears to be supporting them at the moment. It’s clear that the team is facing widespread criticism and a lack of backing from their usual supporters.”

“In the first match Mohammad Amir’s erratic bowling, including multiple wides in the Super Over, resulted in extremely poor performance that cost the team the match. In the next game, they failed to chase a modest target of 119, batting poorly and dropping crucial catches. While they defeated Canada, there was nothing praiseworthy about their effort in that match.”

“Despite Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan being well-set at the crease, Pakistan ultimately lost the match due to their inability to capitalize on the strong batting positions. Both players appeared poised to lead their team to victory, but they ultimately crumbled under the pressure, and failing when it mattered most.”

Forget us old / oldish guys feel. How does the younger generation feel?

T20 WC 2021. My kids were crying that Pak lost that semi final. I wanted to explain to them to temper their expectations and Pakistan weren’t actually that good nor did they play according to the era they were in. I could have waved lyrical all day about it but I didn’t have the heart to make them feel worse than they did. They were massive fans of babar and Shaheen.

Fast-forward 3 years. They have witnessed this team - I want to say the highs and the lows but you can only say the lows and lows.

When Pakistan exited now in 2024, my kids are laughing at them. They look at them as a joke team now and babar is a comedy figure to them now.

That is the impact of the geniuses that are running pak cricket

Forget us old / oldish guys feel. How does the younger generation feel?

T20 WC 2021. My kids were crying that Pak lost that semi final. I wanted to explain to them to temper their expectations and Pakistan weren’t actually that good nor did they play according to the era they were in. I could have waved lyrical all day about it but I didn’t have the heart to make them feel worse than they did. They were massive fans of babar and Shaheen.

Fast-forward 3 years. They have witnessed this team - I want to say the highs and the lows but you can only say the lows and lows.

When Pakistan exited now in 2024, my kids are laughing at them. They look at them as a joke team now and babar is a comedy figure to them now.

That is the impact of the geniuses that are running pak cricket
Well tbf 2021 SF was a botch job. Pakistan did well in that tournament, but mostly due to the bowlers firing.

2021 and 2022 was riding of the bowling. Once the bowling dwindled the collapse was understandably going to happen, as the batting was always crap since the babar regime started.

Back