[VIDEOS] Imam-ul-Haq vs KL Rahul - who is the better batter?

Quality innings under pressure from Rahul against Australia .India were 2-3 when he Played this innings.

I could see this thread ending in tears from a mile away. People were actually rating Imam higher because of his defensive technique lol. KL has more batting accumen in his left elbow than Imam will get to exhibit in his entire international career.

On a side note, brother @kron is yet to find a few handful of impressive knocks played by Imam ul haq i guess. :uakmal

What talent ? KL Rahul? What exactly do people see in him? All I see is failure after failure.

Sorry for one more "failure" from tailunt less KL. :ssmith

Just hope he emulates tailunted Imam ul Haq's heroic knock against Netherlands two days ago.

Imam ul haq will face Australia at high altitude fast scoring, six hitting Bengaluru ground. Let us see what happens there.

I could see this thread ending in tears from a mile away. People were actually rating Imam higher because of his defensive technique lol. KL has more batting accumen in his left elbow than Imam will get to exhibit in his entire international career.

On a side note, brother @kron is yet to find a few handful of impressive knocks played by Imam ul haq i guess. :uakmal
Wait till ko stage

There is literally no memorable inns in Imam's career.

Even part time batters like Nawaz and Shadab have had their day in the sun like the India chase or the SA inns.
Their Is one, but it was a literal once in a blue moon innings lol. It was that 150 score imam made. Don't know how he did it.

Rahul has a gear that Imam doesn’t have but Imam has a more compact technique and is more consistent. Pick whichever one you prefer.

Aah yes....I remember that match. There was another blue moon that day. Asif Ali scored 50

Looked at that score card. England has won in 45th over. Imam opened the innings got out at 46th over. Bairstow made 128 in the same match got out in 28th over. Checked his acceleration

1st 50 - 55 balls
2nd 50 - 47 balls
3rd 50 - 29 balls

Okay by his standard it is good.

Looked at that score card. England has won in 45th over. Imam opened the innings got out at 46th over. Bairstow made 128 in the same match got out in 28th over. Checked his acceleration

1st 50 - 55 balls
2nd 50 - 47 balls
3rd 50 - 29 balls

Okay by his standard it is good.
It is good, but it is once in a blue moon. 💙

lol there is none. I have never ever seen him perform and finish the game in a crunch situation.

Imam Ul Haq is a classic case of nepotism. who hardly ever performs. When he does then it is at a snail's pace. Rahul may not be among the best yet is capable of playing very well. It is Rahul who wins this one hands down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imam is a good player but talent wise Rahul and him are not on the same stratosphere.

Imam will win a match or two for Pakistan in this world cup.

There was definitely a comparison in outputs when both were opening, since Rahul moved to middle order there isn’t any match to him

Imam, If Fail in a crunch game again today. I dont care about your ODI average. Just an impact today against quality opposition for a change.

Rahul averages infinity in this World Cup. He is not getting enough batting even. When he got one, he ended up bring 97 not out in a winning cause from 2/3.

Both are class batters but definitely most people will agree Rahul has a much higher ceiling. Imam might have already overachieved in life.

To think that one year ago only his mom and Athiya Shetty thought he was good enough, hell of a change within a year for KL.

Good knock again vs England in tough conditions with his team under pressure at 40/3.

Rahul was a bad opener, but as a middle order bat, he's >>>>>>>>> imam,

KL is the more natural athlete and definitely more talented than Imam. Only 2 or batters in all of Pakistan can even compare with KL in terms of talent.

Rahul has a gear that Imam doesn’t have but Imam has a more compact technique and is more consistent. Pick whichever one you prefer.
Imam the opener >> Rahul
Rahul the middle order batsman >> imam.

Rahul was a bad opener, but as a middle order bat, he's >>>>>>>>> imam,
Imam the opener >> Rahul
Rahul the middle order batsman >> imam.
Rahul wasn’t a bad opener at all. He was very good, but he wasn’t as good as Rohit and Dhawan who are/were ATG ODI openers.

As a result, Rahul’s relative inconsistency was magnified a lot more and would never have continuity as opener because he would only open if Rohit/Dhawan were injured/rested.

Imam is a fine player. He is over-criticized because of his connection with Inzamam. Unlike certain other fan favorites, Imam has to perform each and every innings to stay in the good books.

If you look at his overall performances especially in the ODI format, he has been very good and reliable. He deserves his place in the team and the perception surrounding Imam would have been different if he wasn’t Inzamam’s nephew.

Imam has played a lot of ODIs against B and C attacks which Rahul rarely does. If you pick them as openers for the same team, Rahul will easily outperform him. He is comfortably better.

Rahul will outperform Babar if they are batting for the same team let alone Imam.

Imam is a fine player. He is over-criticized because of his connection with Inzamam. Unlike certain other fan favorites, Imam has to perform each and every innings to stay in the good books.

If you look at his overall performances especially in the ODI format, he has been very good and reliable. He deserves his place in the team and the perception surrounding Imam would have been different if he wasn’t Inzamam’s nephew.

He gets criticised because he has limited shot range. He's one of the worst Pakistani players I've ever seen against the short ball. He got bounced out by minnow level Dutch and Sri Lankan bowlers in this World Cup.

If he's such a fine white ball player why hasn't he played in the last few seasons of the PSL?

Imam has shown little improvement from the last ODI WC till now.

Saim Ayub should've been picked ahead of him.

Imam is a 90s type opener, adds nothing to the team. Prime example of nice stats but 0 impact.
On top of that he is overweight.

He gets criticised because he has limited shot range. He's one of the worst Pakistani players I've ever seen against the short ball. He got bounced out by minnow level Dutch and Sri Lankan bowlers in this World Cup.

If he's such a fine white ball player why hasn't he played in the last few seasons of the PSL?

Imam has shown little improvement from the last ODI WC till now.

Saim Ayub should've been picked ahead of him.
He is not a T20 player but he is a very good ODI player. Pakistan’s batting is atrocious and those who bat at a high SR have no semblance of consistency and those who are consistent (Imam, Babar, Saud) aren’t the guys who will go at 120+.

You can’t just pick batsmen based on their SR especially in ODIs because you also need volume of runs. A SR of 120+ is no good when are you scoring 20-25 most of the time.

Fakhar is the only one who can find the right balance between consistency and aggression but he is probably 36-37 in reality and in age-related decline.

Saim Ayub is the new savior in town and he will get his chances in the coming days and we will see what he is made of.

This World Cup was way too early for him because if he was spoiling his pants against Afghanistan in the UAE, there is very little possibility that he was going to handle the pressure and intensity of a World Cup that too at such a young age with such little List A experience.

Pakistani fans are always talking in hindsight. Anyone who isn’t selected or injured is always the answer.

If Saim was selected and failed, same people would be criticizing Babar for throwing a young player into the lion’s den and for not protecting him and for shattering his confidence.

Now that Saim wasn’t picked, apparently he would have done this and that. He would have done nothing.

With the exception of 1-2 players (Saim isn’t one of them) Pakistan picked the right players. Those who were injured or neglected wouldn’t have made a shred of difference.

Lol, it's like comparing Ponting and Wasti.

Rahul will win many games for India and is an intelligent and class cricketer.

Imam is a key reason for the downfall of our ODI side.

He is not a T20 player but he is a very good ODI player. Pakistan’s batting is atrocious and those who bat at a high SR have no semblance of consistency and those who are consistent (Imam, Babar, Saud) aren’t the guys who will go at 120+.

You can’t just pick batsmen based on their SR especially in ODIs because you also need volume of runs. A SR of 120+ is no good when are you scoring 20-25 most of the time.

Fakhar is the only one who can find the right balance between consistency and aggression but he is probably 36-37 in reality and in age-related decline.

Saim Ayub is the new savior in town and he will get his chances in the coming days and we will see what he is made of.

This World Cup was way too early for him because if he was spoiling his pants against Afghanistan in the UAE, there is very little possibility that he was going to handle the pressure and intensity of a World Cup that too at such a young age with such little List A experience.

Pakistani fans are always talking in hindsight. Anyone who isn’t selected or injured is always the answer.

If Saim was selected and failed, same people would be criticizing Babar for throwing a young player into the lion’s den and for not protecting him and for shattering his confidence.

Saim we will have to wait and see, but I do not have high hopes. He will most likely play all the T20 leauges and even T10 cricket. You want a young player to play 4 day cricket and improve further.

Now that Saim wasn’t picked, apparently he would have done this and that. He would have done nothing.

With the exception of 1-2 players (Saim isn’t one of them) Pakistan picked the right players. Those who were injured or neglected wouldn’t have made a shred of difference.

Abdullah Shafique had also played very little List A cricket as well. Saud Shakeel has also been thrown in the deep end with very little white ball cricket at international level. I honestly think they've been done quite well given their inexperience at this level. I would like to see them persisted with after this World Cup.

I can't speak for all Pakistan fans but I certainly wouldn't have been bashing him if he was failing during this tournament. In fact, I would want to him retain his place in the side because he's shown glimpses of his potential. Unlike Imam, he actually has the shot range to reach the standard of a modern ODI player. If he can show temperament and learn the art of building an innings then he might be one for the future.

The first two matches of the Afghanistan series in the UAE were played on very slow turning wickets. Against that Afghan spin attack, the likes of Babar and Rizwan would've failed there as well so I don't think you can make much of that. The last match in the series was played on a proper T20 wicket and he managed to score 49 in that game.

Who are the 1-2 players who should've been picked? I make it 3-4 - Saim Ayub, Imad Wasim, Tayyab Tahir and Muhammad Amir (if he was fit and willing to play).

I agree with you on Fakhar. He looks a lot older than his official age. Pakistan needs to move on from after this tournament.

Abdullah Shafique had also played very little List A cricket as well. Saud Shakeel has also been thrown in the deep end with very little white ball cricket at international level. I honestly think they've been done quite well given their inexperience at this level. I would like to see them persisted with after this World Cup.

I can't speak for all Pakistan fans but I certainly wouldn't have been bashing him if he was failing during this tournament. In fact, I would want to him retain his place in the side because he's shown glimpses of his potential. Unlike Imam, he actually has the shot range to reach the standard of a modern ODI player. If he can show temperament and learn the art of building an innings then he might be one for the future.

The first two matches of the Afghanistan series in the UAE were played on very slow turning wickets. Against that Afghan spin attack, the likes of Babar and Rizwan would've failed there as well so I don't think you can make much of that. The last match in the series was played on a proper T20 wicket and he managed to score 49 in that game.

Who are the 1-2 players who should've been picked? I make it 3-4 - Saim Ayub, Imad Wasim, Tayyab Tahir and Muhammad Amir (if he was fit and willing to play).

I agree with you on Fakhar. He looks a lot older than his official age. Pakistan needs to move on from after this tournament.
Pakistani fans wouldn’t be bashing Saim but they would be bashing Babar for picking him too early and dented his confidence etc. We have seen these narratives before. There is also a different script ready for every situation.

Abdullah Shafique’s situation is quite different. He has been a regular in the Test team for 2 years which has given him considerable exposure.

In addition, there is no way he is 23. He is clearly 27-28.

Saim on the other hand is a genuine 22-23 year old kid with virtually no international experience and you can’t just pick such players right away for a World Cup.

As far as the 1-2 players are concerned, I have always hated Rauf and Shadab so I wouldn’t pick them at all. Rauf is a T20 bowler and I would have gone for someone with good FC and LA experience.

For spin, I would play Abrar. He has a bit of mystery factor and although he wouldn’t uproot any trees, he would have had a higher probability of being more effective than Shadab because he is someone who isn’t easy to play especially for the first time.

He caused England a lot of problems and they needed a good 2-3 sessions before they worked him out.

He could have been a handful especially against batting lineups like Afghanistan.

Rahul wasn’t a bad opener at all. He was very good, but he wasn’t as good as Rohit and Dhawan who are/were ATG ODI openers.

As a result, Rahul’s relative inconsistency was magnified a lot more and would never have continuity as opener because he would only open if Rohit/Dhawan were injured/rested.

Imam has played a lot of ODIs against B and C attacks which Rahul rarely does. If you pick them as openers for the same team, Rahul will easily outperform him. He is comfortably better.

Rahul will outperform Babar if they are batting for the same team let alone Imam.
Imam is not a fine player at all. Just change your opinion. Don't be so rigid of a claim you made about him retiring his 25 international centuries and being a great of the game.

As for inzi, imam doesn't get criticised because of inzi connections. True fans know who's an opener and who isn't. He's gets critised because he's horrible. Problem with imam is that he doesn't have a single actual boundary scoring aggressive shot. His shots at the beginning are timed shots, he gets out anytime he tries to play a lofted shot.

Secondly as you said he plays against b to c string teams, constantly over and over and over again. He has zero growth mindset and all weaknesses that existed in 2018 exist now. Don't know which imam you see, but current imam hasn't improved since 2018, he's regressed due to fitness and now not even playing the only six hitting shot he had which was to come down and attack against pace. He probs realised he was bad at it and wanted to stat pad further. He isn't a fine opener by any means.

His whole game is playing snail innings and nudging balls over and over which any opener can do.

Secondly I've been wanting to address your insane negativity towards Pakistan cricket based of the lack of talent phenomenon. You need to realise talent does not exist. It's a myth. No one is randomly born from the sky with the skills to be an atg in cricket.

Kohli in 2012 was being considered to play at 4, because bcci figured after Pakistan series he clearly has visible weaknesses against swing especially the outswing however kohli just improves and practises to quiet and silence critics. Theirs a whole video on Yt how kohli turned his biggest weakness into his greatest strength, its why even when the whole they cannot play shaheen memes were starting, Kohli was still dominating and not bothered by shaheen's inswing at all.

Rahul was not a stand in for dhawan, Dhawan got dropped altogether for Rahul lol, Rahul is a bad opener, same way rohit was a bad middle order bat. Thing with bcci is that they frequently find a way to encourage players to improve their game and get out of their comfort zones which is why players work hard and succeed and become atg's or at the very least become good players. Bcci also figures out the best position suited for batting for each player.

Reason why Pakistani players do not succeed isn't because their naturally born with the ability to suck. It's because the whole management is backwards. Management forces everyone to stay inside their comfort zones. Babar's biggest critism is that he can't dominate bowling and lacks intent, so instead of answering his critics, Babar came at opening in t20 where he can take time to settle and block pathways for others, its the very definition of being spineless and staying in your comfort zone. Same way imam doesn't Try to improve his game or his fitness because management rewards glorified averages, stat pads and dosti yaari, Something which NZ or India would consider unacceptable and discard asap if players tried to do this

You can train players to become atg's. If kohli was born in Pakistan I guarantee you, they'd ruin kohli easily, because his pcb would care about averages and would discard him forever due to that series failure nor would they encourage him to improve his technique against inswing or outswing.

Truth is give any opener a long run and utilise same managerial tactics that bcci employs and you'll see the difference. Bcci forcefully makes hard test pitches to cultivate players like Gill, whereas we're making pindi pitches for Abdullah to glorify his 60+ avg in test lol, it's a joke

Imam himself is the very definition of everything that's wrong with Pakistan cricket. As @topspin Highlighted, hes unfit which sets a bad precident, when asked by jouranlists to improve his batting and play modern cricket, he instead of being humble, attack them relentlesslt like a child with his chup chup I'm untouchable stunts, he's shown no signs of improving his game because he does not want to, he doesn't play for the team, so on and so forth.

^^ This is the primary reason he's hated, not inzi connections.

Please get off the talent arguments and imam love affair High horses.

Reason why Rahul is better is because Rahul was a trash opener but he improved as a player. If Rahul comes back to opening, he'd be a clutch player but not because he's a magical talent guru, but because bcci knows how to turn their failures into success stories.

Sanju Sampson who got dropped was consoled by kohli for not making it to wc 2023 and is being worked on as a future prospect as well. If this was pcb, expect us to panic and instantly discard someone for life or heck in tayyab's case, just discard him for no reason

Imam is not a fine player at all. Just change your opinion. Don't be so rigid of a claim you made about him retiring his 25 international centuries and being a great of the game.

As for inzi, imam doesn't get criticised because of inzi connections. True fans know who's an opener and who isn't. He's gets critised because he's horrible. Problem with imam is that he doesn't have a single actual boundary scoring aggressive shot. His shots at the beginning are timed shots, he gets out anytime he tries to play a lofted shot.

Secondly as you said he plays against b to c string teams, constantly over and over and over again. He has zero growth mindset and all weaknesses that existed in 2018 exist now. Don't know which imam you see, but current imam hasn't improved since 2018, he's regressed due to fitness and now not even playing the only six hitting shot he had which was to come down and attack against pace. He probs realised he was bad at it and wanted to stat pad further. He isn't a fine opener by any means.

His whole game is playing snail innings and nudging balls over and over which any opener can do.

Secondly I've been wanting to address your insane negativity towards Pakistan cricket based of the lack of talent phenomenon. You need to realise talent does not exist. It's a myth. No one is randomly born from the sky with the skills to be an atg in cricket.

Kohli in 2012 was being considered to play at 4, because bcci figured after Pakistan series he clearly has visible weaknesses against swing especially the outswing however kohli just improves and practises to quiet and silence critics. Theirs a whole video on Yt how kohli turned his biggest weakness into his greatest strength, its why even when the whole they cannot play shaheen memes were starting, Kohli was still dominating and not bothered by shaheen's inswing at all.

Rahul was not a stand in for dhawan, Dhawan got dropped altogether for Rahul lol, Rahul is a bad opener, same way rohit was a bad middle order bat. Thing with bcci is that they frequently find a way to encourage players to improve their game and get out of their comfort zones which is why players work hard and succeed and become atg's or at the very least become good players. Bcci also figures out the best position suited for batting for each player.

Reason why Pakistani players do not succeed isn't because their naturally born with the ability to suck. It's because the whole management is backwards. Management forces everyone to stay inside their comfort zones. Babar's biggest critism is that he can't dominate bowling and lacks intent, so instead of answering his critics, Babar came at opening in t20 where he can take time to settle and block pathways for others, its the very definition of being spineless and staying in your comfort zone. Same way imam doesn't Try to improve his game or his fitness because management rewards glorified averages, stat pads and dosti yaari, Something which NZ or India would consider unacceptable and discard asap if players tried to do this

You can train players to become atg's. If kohli was born in Pakistan I guarantee you, they'd ruin kohli easily, because his pcb would care about averages and would discard him forever due to that series failure nor would they encourage him to improve his technique against inswing or outswing.

Truth is give any opener a long run and utilise same managerial tactics that bcci employs and you'll see the difference. Bcci forcefully makes hard test pitches to cultivate players like Gill, whereas we're making pindi pitches for Abdullah to glorify his 60+ avg in test lol, it's a joke

Imam himself is the very definition of everything that's wrong with Pakistan cricket. As @topspin Highlighted, hes unfit which sets a bad precident, when asked by jouranlists to improve his batting and play modern cricket, he instead of being humble, attack them relentlesslt like a child with his chup chup I'm untouchable stunts, he's shown no signs of improving his game because he does not want to, he doesn't play for the team, so on and so forth.

^^ This is the primary reason he's hated, not inzi connections.

Please get off the talent arguments and imam love affair High horses.

Reason why Rahul is better is because Rahul was a trash opener but he improved as a player. If Rahul comes back to opening, he'd be a clutch player but not because he's a magical talent guru, but because bcci knows how to turn their failures into success stories.

Sanju Sampson who got dropped was consoled by kohli for not making it to wc 2023 and is being worked on as a future prospect as well. If this was pcb, expect us to panic and instantly discard someone for life or heck in tayyab's case, just discard him for no reason

Exactly this.

My view of Imam would not change even in the slightest if he didn't have a family connection with an ex-player. There are far bigger concerns than this.

Firstly, he doesn't take his fitness seriously. He's put on a significant amount of weight and therefore looks visibly sluggish when he's running between the wickets and also when he's fielding.

But what worries me the most is his attitude. I've never seen a medicore display so much arrogance. I can understand mediocre players who feel they've been hard done by selectors after being dropped. However, I go back to that interview where he mentioned "I'm automatic selection". This is a massive red flag and is another way of him saying, I don't need to improve because I'll always be good enough to play for Pakistan.

This World Cup has exposed him. Imagine struggling to play the short ball against minnow level Dutch and Sri Lanka pace bowlers on slow pitches.

Imam is the biggest liability in the Pakistan team. That's evident by his his awful strike rate in the first 10 overs. His career strike rate of in the first powerplay is 73. That's shockingly bad and just goes to prove how limited his shot range is as a batsman.

What is this urge to compare a Pakistani player with an India player where there are hardly any similarities ?
Why not make comparisons of a Pakistani player with a Sri Lankan player or a Bangladeshi player ?

What is this urge to compare a Pakistani player with an India player where there are hardly any similarities ?
Why not make comparisons of a Pakistani player with a Sri Lankan player or a Bangladeshi player ?

Because Pakistan is the other powerhouse from Asia apart from India. Also, Pakistan batting lineup was touted as one of the better ones going into the World Cup. It was fierce competition between the two at the start of World Cup or when this thread was created.

Because Pakistan is the other powerhouse from Asia apart from India. Also, Pakistan batting lineup was touted as one of the better ones going into the World Cup. It was fierce competition between the two at the start of World Cup or when this thread was created.
But there should be similarities in order to make comparisons ? Where are the similarities ? Imam Ul Haq is a left hand batsman. K L Rahul is a right hand batsman. Imam ul Haq is just a batsman. K L Rahul is a batsman as well as Wicket keeper.

Imam ul Haq is just a player. K L Rahul has been vice catpain as well as stand in captain of the team.

In brief, it is a comparison between apple and orange.

I used to be K.L. Rahul's biggest critic. But things have changed after he came back from his injury.

There is no comparison. Imam is miles ahead of KL Rahul as an ODI batter. He’s ranked in the top 5 in ODI rankings. What is KL’s rank?
KL rahul has not established himself in the Indian team and nailed down his role. He’s done pretty good in the middle order but still needs to lock it down.
Both of them haven’t performed in big games, although Imam hasn’t played that many tournaments.

Imam will outshine Rahul at this WC.

Imam is way better than KL Rahul with solid technique.

Imaam is way better than Rahul.

Rahul won't be opening this comparison isn't justified. But Imam is a better ODI player than Rahul

What talent ? KL Rahul? What exactly do people see in him? All I see is failure after failure.

Lovely... These posts are a thing of beauty. :yk

So until he scores in a knockout, he is inferior to Imam ul Haq, a guy that doesn't even score in the group stages. Lovely...
Who cares about that. KL is a proven mental midget. Let's see if he can deliver this time for India.

Yes he is better than Imam in India.

Imam is a better opener than Rahul. Rahul is a much better MO bat.

Imam ul Haq is Pakistan's best opening batsman since Saeed Anwar.

I used to be K.L. Rahul's biggest critic. But things have changed after he came back from his injury.
After he stopped opening that is. He was a midget opening the batting eating way too many deliveries. I still think number 4 is his slot. But they don't want to suck up the RR with him.and Kohli batting together. No.5 is his calling like opening was Rohit's

There is no compare with Rahul and parchi Imam. This guy keeps getting selected because of his uncle.

Who cares about that. KL is a proven mental midget. Let's see if he can deliver this time for India.

Yes he is better than Imam in India.

Imam is a better opener than Rahul. Rahul is a much better MO bat.
Lol these people are not getting your sarcasm. They don’t know nobody in their right mind will call Imam better than KL. Good stuff!

Great thread. That's how you bring the best from KLR. Just don't compare him with Babar.

Yes just like rizwan is the great wicket keeper of all time and someone like Dhoni would be embrassed to stand Infront if rizwan

Rahul is better than Babar let alone Imam. However, I maintain and will continue to maintain that Imam is a good ODI opener and should be persisted with.

I am getting criticized right now but I will preach the truth and one day people will accept the reality.

After all, it took me 6 years and 3 years respectively to convince everyone that Shadab and Rauf are rubbish.

Rahul is better than Babar let alone Imam. However, I maintain and will continue to maintain that Imam is a good ODI opener and should be persisted with.

I am getting criticized right now but I will preach the truth and one day people will accept the reality.

After all, it took me 6 years and 3 years respectively to convince everyone that Shadab and Rauf are rubbish.
So according to you Parchi Imam is any good. Without his uncle he would never get selected. I would rather take Shami or Shaheen as batsman than this softie statpad

You certainly leave no stone unturned to showcase how knowledgeable you are and how wonderful your insight is….
Things were different a couple of months ago, you know it too. Imam was scoring runs for fun. He was player of the series in '18 SA tour at the age of 22. scored around 230 runs. Rahul hasn't done anything extraordinary in LOIs apart from home but yeah I am not saying that Imam is better on the current situation ofc. Rahul showing flexibility to bat at any number has been his USP.

This is when you lose all the track and the respect. Rahul is 31. he can't even be compared to Babar with one leg. Have some shame.

This is when you lose all the track and the respect. Rahul is 31. he can't even be compared to Babar with one leg. Have some shame.
Not just Rahul but Iyer is also better than Babar. The only difference is that Babar had no competition and immediately became a mainstay in the team while Rahul and Iyer had to consistently compete with stalwart, established batsmen in all formats.

If Babar was Indian he would be a nobody now and perhaps would have played than half of the matches he has managed to play so far. In fact, he would have been dropped from Test cricket in 2018.

Rahul or Iyer in Pakistan would have had superstar status and all format captaincy with fans like you calling them king and comparing them Kohli.

Babar is just a normal player for Indian batsmen. They produce comparable if not better batsmen than him every 5 years. For Pakistan he is a big deal because Pakistan’s batting culture and legacy is a joke.

Put Babar and Rahul/Iyer in the same XI and there is no way Babar outshines them in any format over a large sample.

Things were different a couple of months ago, you know it too. Imam was scoring runs for fun. He was player of the series in '18 SA tour at the age of 22. scored around 230 runs. Rahul hasn't done anything extraordinary in LOIs apart from home but yeah I am not saying that Imam is better on the current situation ofc. Rahul showing flexibility to bat at any number has been his USP.
Nothing was different two months ago. Nothing has ever been different.

Only a person who is high as a kite would ever claim that Imam is a better batsman than Rahul in any format of the game.

It is as absurd as comparing Babar and Kohli and Shafique and Gill.

Imam is a good opener for Pakistani standards but Rahul is a completely different level.

Imam cannot be compared to Rahul. it's like comparing a lion to a mouse

The only players we have that can have an impact like Rahul at the top of the order are Sharjeel, Saim and Fakhar.

Imam may have better stats than Rahul, but everyone knows how limited as a batsman Imam is. Rahul is miles ahead than him.

Not just Rahul but Iyer is also better than Babar. The only difference is that Babar had no competition and immediately became a mainstay in the team while Rahul and Iyer had to consistently compete with stalwart, established batsmen in all formats.

If Babar was Indian he would be a nobody now and perhaps would have played than half of the matches he has managed to play so far. In fact, he would have been dropped from Test cricket in 2018.

Rahul or Iyer in Pakistan would have had superstar status and all format captaincy with fans like you calling them king and comparing them Kohli.

Babar is just a normal player for Indian batsmen. They produce comparable if not better batsmen than him every 5 years. For Pakistan he is a big deal because Pakistan’s batting culture and legacy is a joke.

Put Babar and Rahul/Iyer in the same XI and there is no way Babar outshines them in any format over a large sample.
You came up again with your ifs an buts. 30-31 year old fillers in the team are now getting compared with the greatest batter of the current time. I feel for you bro. But you're right, Babar had no compeition, he didn't have any competition across the globe as all of his age mates are very, very much inferior players.

Iyer, Rahul can't even be compared with one leg of Babar. Hetmyr, Hope, Mendes already miles behind. Only De Kock can be compared only bec he has set this WC on fire but he is also retiring, which makes Babar the ultimate Gem in the whole cricket fraternity.

You came up again with your ifs an buts. 30-31 year old fillers in the team are now getting compared with the greatest batter of the current time. I feel for you bro. But you're right, Babar had no compeition, he didn't have any competition across the globe as all of his age mates are very, very much inferior players.

Iyer, Rahul can't even be compared with one leg of Babar. Hetmyr, Hope, Mendes already miles behind. Only De Kock can be compared only bec he has set this WC on fire but he is also retiring, which makes Babar the ultimate Gem in the whole cricket fraternity.
I do agree with the bold part. You can't compare a batsman who has a grand total of SENA hundreds = 1 with KL.

Babar is a nobody outside of Pakistan and their delusional fans!

Not comparing with KL here. But visibly Imam looks one of the most unfit player. When i look at him i feel as though i am unfit. He needs to shred some weight. In terms of skills he is remotely close to his uncle Inzamam from 90s.

Babar is a nobody outside of Pakistan and their delusional fans!
And Rahul is a nobody even within india :)
His all international centuries are not even close to Babar's centuries in one format and he is also older. Rahuls Iyers etc are not even fit to lick babar's boots.

And Rahul is a nobody even within india :)
His all international centuries are not even close to Babar's centuries in one format and he is also older. Rahuls Iyers etc are not even fit to lick babar's boots.
Both Babar and KL Rahul played for same under-19 batch. 2010 batch.

January , 2010 Babar played in under-19
October, 1994 Babar birthday

That means Babar was 15 years 3 months when he played under-19 world cup against India
KL Rahul was 17 years 9 months

Babar looked nothing like 15 year old guy

He ain’t better than the following :-

Imran Nazir
Yasir Hameed
Imran Farhat vol 2.0
Fakhar Zaman
Sharjeel khan
Haris Sohail

Back