[VIDEOS] Imam-ul-Haq vs KL Rahul - who is the better batter?

He ain’t better than the following :-

Imran Nazir
Yasir Hameed
Imran Farhat vol 2.0
Fakhar Zaman
Sharjeel khan
Haris Sohail
Haris Sohail isn't an opener. Imran Farhat vol 1.0 had 4 consecutive 100 runs partnership with Yasir Hameed. That's a record for an opening pair. You underrate Imran Farhat vol 1.0.

Both Babar and KL Rahul played for same under-19 batch. 2010 batch.

January , 2010 Babar played in under-19
October, 1994 Babar birthday

That means Babar was 15 years 3 months when he played under-19 world cup against India
KL Rahul was 17 years 9 months

Babar looked nothing like 15 year old guy
He is 3 years older than his actual age.

You came up again with your ifs an buts. 30-31 year old fillers in the team are now getting compared with the greatest batter of the current time.
I think you are a little confused. We are not comparing Rahul and Iyer with Kohli, who is by far the greatest batsman of the current time.

Babar is the greatest batsman of this generation in the world where Pakistan is the number 1 team, Pakistani fast bowlers are number 1 and Rizwan is the number 1 WK batsman.

In the real world, the one we reside in, Babar is not even close to being the best of current time and never will be because he doesn’t have the skill and the mentality.

Let me give you another “if”.

If Babar and Kohli were in the same team, no one would even look at Babar because he doesn’t haven an ounce of aura and presence that Kohli carries and that is because Kohli has played innings and won matches that Babar cannot even dream of.

For example, every single Babar fan in the world knows that Babar would never win his team a match from this situation:

81fda0cc-1f02-4375-9e25-4433173a88e7.jpeg

You came up again with your ifs an buts. 30-31 year old fillers in the team are now getting compared with the greatest batter of the current time. I feel for you bro. But you're right, Babar had no compeition, he didn't have any competition across the globe as all of his age mates are very, very much inferior players.

Iyer, Rahul can't even be compared with one leg of Babar. Hetmyr, Hope, Mendes already miles behind. Only De Kock can be compared only bec he has set this WC on fire but he is also retiring, which makes Babar the ultimate Gem in the whole cricket fraternity.
The ultimate gem is sitting in lahore atm after being booted out of india.

Also de kock isn't the only one who set this cup on 🔥. Ravindra by being the find of the tournament scoring 2 important 100's.

Maxwell with 2 blinder innings a 128 ball 200 and a 44 ball 100.

Kphli equaling sachin's record etc.

Their have been many many people who have lit the world cup.

Ironically fakhar zaman is one of them with an amazing 100 of 63.

Babar is a footnote of embrassmnent this WC. He was also an embrassment in 2022 wc as well.

I think you are a little confused. We are not comparing Rahul and Iyer with Kohli, who is by far the greatest batsman of the current time.

Babar is the greatest batsman of this generation in the world where Pakistan is the number 1 team, Pakistani fast bowlers are number 1 and Rizwan is the number 1 WK batsman.

In the real world, the one we reside in, Babar is not even close to being the best of current time and never will be because he doesn’t have the skill and the mentality.

Let me give you another “if”.

If Babar and Kohli were in the same team, no one would even look at Babar because he doesn’t haven an ounce of aura and presence that Kohli carries and that is because Kohli has played innings and won matches that Babar cannot even dream of.

For example, every single Babar fan in the world knows that Babar would never win his team a match from this situation:

View attachment 139104O
Obviously, he wouldn't have gone against the spirit of the game and begged the umpire for no ball. He wouldn't have gotten bowled by a bowler like Nawaz either. :)

The ultimate gem is sitting in lahore atm after being booted out of india.

Also de kock isn't the only one who set this cup on 🔥. Ravindra by being the find of the tournament scoring 2 important 100's.

Maxwell with 2 blinder innings a 128 ball 200 and a 44 ball 100.

Kphli equaling sachin's record etc.

Their have been many many people who have lit the world cup.

Ironically fakhar zaman is one of them with an amazing 100 of 63.

Babar is a footnote of embrassmnent this WC. He was also an embrassment in 2022 wc as well.
unlike 2019 world cup where spin was completely neutralized by the pitches 2023 pitches have spin assistance. Hence his 5 dismissals to spinners.

Here are the numbers of Babar vs spin in this world cup

9 innings 163 runs 229 balls Strike rate 71.17 Dismissal 5 times.

Apart from Chennai pitch everything else is uber batsmen friendly.

unlike 2019 world cup where spin was completely neutralized by the pitches 2023 pitches have spin assistance. Hence his 5 dismissals to spinners.

Here are the numbers of Babar vs spin in this world cup

9 innings 163 runs 229 balls Strike rate 71.17 Dismissal 5 times.

Apart from Chennai pitch everything else is uber batsmen friendly.
The one spin friendly pitch babar played on against nz in 2019 had ish sodhi bowling and everyone went go go ga ga over the supposedly greatest innings ever played by a Pakistani batsmen 😂😂.

The problem isn't spin, Babar got bowled out by pace against India by playing the cut shot.

Babar has no backfoot, that's the issue. His backfoot is non existent. its why he gets out from that pull shot, or that cut shot or lbw or caught behind against spin anytime a bowler pitches the ball at good length.

These deliveries require backfoot to play and he sucks at backfoot shots.

His cover drive and that legside flick is solid but it's a front foot shot.

Rahul has more strokes than Imam. Way more. But open with Rahul and you will see he bats at the same SR as Imam. Followers of Indian cricket like me know the history of KL Rahul. When he was much younger, he was an inferior version of Rahul Dravid. He would score at 100 SR even in the IPL for Deccan chargers. Somewhere down the line he added stroke play and reinvented himself because he has a decent technique. Who can forget the first over maidens by Rahul even in the last T20 world cup? Maybe there's a lesson for Imam here. Switch to the middle order and make it impossible for yourself to tuk tuk. The 30s or 40s you score are.more valuable down the order than at the top.

The one spin friendly pitch babar played on against nz in 2019 had ish sodhi bowling and everyone went go go ga ga over the supposedly greatest innings ever played by a Pakistani batsmen 😂😂.

The problem isn't spin, Babar got bowled out by pace against India by playing the cut shot.

Babar has no backfoot, that's the issue. His backfoot is non existent. its why he gets out from that pull shot, or that cut shot or lbw or caught behind against spin anytime a bowler pitches the ball at good length.

These deliveries require backfoot to play and he sucks at backfoot shots.

His cover drive and that legside flick is solid but it's a front foot shot.
I think teams found a chink in his armor in this world cup. Half the innings he played in India, he got out caught at short mid wicket. Thats way too many times to get out in one tournament. Either he is pulling balls that are not too short or he's not reading the pace of the pitch properly. He was trapped on the leg side by the Lankans a couple of times recently including once in this world cup because he is going hard at it and glancing the ball way too fine. That's again because the ball might not be too full to glance. He needs to sort out his issues with reading the length

I think teams found a chink in his armor in this world cup. Half the innings he played in India, he got out caught at short mid wicket. Thats way too many times to get out in one tournament. Either he is pulling balls that are not too short or he's not reading the pace of the pitch properly. He was trapped on the leg side by the Lankans a couple of times recently including once in this world cup because he is going hard at it and glancing the ball way too fine. That's again because the ball might not be too full to glance. He needs to sort out his issues with reading the length
No one found a chink in anything.

I told people this since the Sri lanka series when hasaranga turned Bobby into his bunny.

Babar lacks any backfoot play. Good teams won't keep letting you cover drive, or slice to the offside, or play that legside flick nor will they keep bowling sodhi Level half trackers.

It's why he gets exposed against good teams. Babar tries to pull on the front foot, not the backfoot, which is why even if the ball is pitched in short and high, the ball once it gets hit by the bat falls into the fielders hands cause the Trajectory with the front foot is low and straight.

With the backfoot when you play the pullshot you easily get the height and altitude to clear the inring fielder and get the boundary

The comparison should have been between Imam Vs Kohli + Sachin (Combined). In my honest opinion, Imam is still winning this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously, he wouldn't have gone against the spirit of the game and begged the umpire for no ball. He wouldn't have gotten bowled by a bowler like Nawaz either. :)
Babar wouldn’t even have lasted until the last over in that situation. He would have perished inside the 10 overs as the mental midget that he is.

Besides, even if he did, with his lack of competitive nature coupled with his zero personality, he wouldn’t be able to exert any presssure or influence on the umpire.

Moreover, as an umpire, you have to be blind as a bat to not give that no-ball. Was it marginal? Yes it was, but Nawaz had bowled the exact same delivery earlier in that over and that time, the margin went in his favor. The umpire didn’t call it.

However, if you bowl two marginal waist-high deliveries in the same over, there is no way an umpire would - or should - let it go the second time.

I dare you guys to find a batsman where the talent and numbers gap is as wide and yawning as KLR. Makes me weep, truthfully.

Imam will end his career with 25+ ODI hundreds, question is how many will KL Rahul end up with?😳

Well on paper Imam is better player than KL Rahul.

strike rate is a concern for sure, but he is far more consistent as compared to Rahul.

Rahul is clearly better than Imam. But now you guys have gone too far in the other direction and begun massively overrating Rahul. Rahul is one of the biggest HTB, maybe ever. Just compare his record at home versus at SENA countries, both in ODI and Test cricket. Imam is also a HTB, but at least he performed in ODI’s in South Africa which Rahul did not even manage. Also, look at Rahul’s strike rate overseas - these explosive innings only come on home tracks. In overseas conditions, he turns into an early 2000s, 70 SR type batsmen.

Also, I rarely ever agree with @Mamoon, but he is completely right about Imam. Pakistani fans forget how absolutely dreadful our opening options were for so long. Compared to the likes of Ahmed Shehzad, Imam ul Haq is Sachin Tendulkar. Unfortunately, it seem that Pakistani cricket fan’s memories always run extremely short. Imam had a dreadful tournament in India, but that does not take away from the fact that he was the most consistent opener we had in a long time. Now Abdullah Shafique will rightfully serve as his replacement though.

Rahul is clearly better than Imam. But now you guys have gone too far in the other direction and begun massively overrating Rahul. Rahul is one of the biggest HTB, maybe ever. Just compare his record at home versus at SENA countries, both in ODI and Test cricket. Imam is also a HTB, but at least he performed in ODI’s in South Africa which Rahul did not even manage. Also, look at Rahul’s strike rate overseas - these explosive innings only come on home tracks. In overseas conditions, he turns into an early 2000s, 70 SR type batsmen.

Also, I rarely ever agree with @Mamoon, but he is completely right about Imam. Pakistani fans forget how absolutely dreadful our opening options were for so long. Compared to the likes of Ahmed Shehzad, Imam ul Haq is Sachin Tendulkar. Unfortunately, it seem that Pakistani cricket fan’s memories always run extremely short. Imam had a dreadful tournament in India, but that does not take away from the fact that he was the most consistent opener we had in a long time. Now Abdullah Shafique will rightfully serve as his replacement though.

After he started playing in the middle overs he has improved his consistency a lot. His low strike rate is due to selfishness as opener in order to keep his place. Not due to lack of ability. Guy scored a 50 in 2.5 overs against Boult/Shami/Amit Mishra. Also made a T20 100 in 47 balls in England. He can play. But mentally weak as an opener. As a middle order he is showing more confidence and range.

After he started playing in the middle overs he has improved his consistency a lot. His low strike rate is due to selfishness as opener in order to keep his place. Not due to lack of ability. Guy scored a 50 in 2.5 overs against Boult/Shami/Amit Mishra. Also made a T20 100 in 47 balls in England. He can play. But mentally weak as an opener. As a middle order he is showing more confidence and range.
I think he has the ability to perform in other conditions but I can’t give him credit for that if he hasn’t done it yet. Once he does it, then I will include him in the list of the best batsmen playing right now.

As of now his record is amazing at home, but below average everywhere else.

I think he has the ability to perform in other conditions but I can’t give him credit for that if he hasn’t done it yet. Once he does it, then I will include him in the list of the best batsmen playing right now.

As of now his record is amazing at home, but below average everywhere else.

Which overseas is challenging these days? If anything England has more flat tracks than India so are Australia. He is an exceptional short ball player. SENA filter is applicable for Tests. In ODIs i rate runs in NZ and England easy pickings. Even in some grounds at SA you can bully any bowling. Because none of these tracks offer help for spinners. One-dimensional pitches.

Imam is nowhere to be seen whereas KL Rahul has crossed 400 runs in the ICC World Cup 2023. Fourth Indian batter to do it after Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, and Shreyas Iyer. Having a good tournament.

Since he has come back from injury, he has shown good intent and performed decently. However, honestly, I don't want him to perform today because I am supporting Australia. 😀

Back