[VIDEOS] "In Pakistan I am famous as a finisher" : Iftikhar Ahmed

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Capture.JPG

Iftikhar Ahmed speaking after his performance last night vs KK in PSL 6

==

"In such tough situations one has to have confidence in oneself and when you have that confidence, you can take your team to a good finish"

"In Pakistan I am famous as a finisher, as someone who finishes the game for his side; The role of middle-order is to take the game to the end and finish it for their side"

"The six I played with a pull shot was one I found to be very nice"

"I have played for Karachi Kings who became champions and was also with IU who became champions before, and I hope they will become champions again"

"The ball was breaking and gripping in the second innings but credit to our top order who made runs and made it easier for us"

"I am aiming to win more man of the match awards as that makes you happy, and I would also like contribute in wins for my side"

Lol Chacha is going to get trolled for the next 30 years for this

Lol, if our players are this delusional no wonder why the fans are delusional.

I like Chacha as a person tho and he is definitely superior than the likes of Talat, Asif Ali, Khushdil Shah (biggest fraud) and he definitely deserves to be in the squad.

He is not that great but I think in T20s if he given licence at the back end of an innings he could do some damage. Same applies to Asif Ali. But just keep them away from ODIs.

I like Chacha as a person tho and he is definitely superior than the likes of Talat, Asif Ali, Khushdil Shah (biggest fraud) and he definitely deserves to be in the squad.

Over one innings? He didn’t hit a 10 ball century.

You ain’t famous for being a finisher mate, you are famous for something entirely different lol.

He has finished numerous games for Peshawar and Khyber Pukhtunkhwa in domestic cricket bringing with him more trophies than anyone else has managed or any other city/region

Along with Mohammad Rizwan they have bought the region to new heights. Success breeds cricketers and nearly every talented player at the moment is from Khyber which highlights this

Last edited:
He has finished numerous games for Peshawar and Khyber Pukhtunkhwa in domestic cricket bringing with him more trophies than anyone else has managed or any other city/region

Along with Mohammad Rizwan they have bought the region to new heights. Success breeds cricketers and nearly every talented player at the moment is from Khyber which highlights this

Rizwan and Shaheen are the only talented KPK players. Which other talented player from KPK are you speaking about?

Over one innings? He didn’t hit a 10 ball century.

I am not one to knee jerk. Read my post again, you didnt need today’s innings to show that you are better than the hacks i mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not one to knee jerk. Read my post again, you didnt need today’s innings to show that you are better than the hacks i mentioned.

However, onto your statement like i said no need to get excited over 1 innings, none of those guys (including Ifti) unfortunately are quite ready for international cricket. But as a person i'm sorry i don't quite have respect for Ifti and his constant lies about his questionable age he reckons he is, no respect for liars.

Rizwan and Shaheen are the only talented KPK players. Which other talented player from KPK are you speaking about?
The ones that finish top Wicket Takers and Highest Run Scorers in the Khyber Pukhtunkhwa domestic clean sweeps.

Not their fault they don't get selected is it even after dominating every other team since 2012...

Famous as a finisher? Which parallel dimension?

In the same dimension where the likes of you overhype unknown nobodies like Khushdil, etc.

No matter who you name, Ifitkhar has actually done better than all the youngsta beauties that were hyped on this forum.

People were crazy for Khushdil lol.

Today there's not a single player who can replace Iftikhar.

That's how poor our T20 team is and what mess Mickey n Sarfraz combo left for us, thinking the fake rankings would actually give us great T20 players.

Don't mock him
He wanted to say

"In Pakistan I am famous as finished"

It's just D in place of R

When he plays for Pakistan, he should play in a PSL shirt.

The minute he puts on a Pakistan shirt, he's a different cricketer.

When he plays for Pakistan, he should play in a PSL shirt.

The minute he puts on a Pakistan shirt, he's a different cricketer.

That's because in a Pakistan shirt he is coming up against top class fast bowlers who will have seen he likes to drag everything to leg. A bit of seam or swing away, or a bit of extra bounce outside off stump and he'll be helpless.

Show us some offside shots man, then come back and talk.

In the same dimension where the likes of you overhype unknown nobodies like Khushdil, etc.

No matter who you name, Ifitkhar has actually done better than all the youngsta beauties that were hyped on this forum.

People were crazy for Khushdil lol.

Today there's not a single player who can replace Iftikhar.

That's how poor our T20 team is and what mess Mickey n Sarfraz combo left for us, thinking the fake rankings would actually give us great T20 players.

When was i crazy for Khushdil, Hawkeye? Please at least research before you make potshots. Read my post that was in quick succession to this, i literally called Khushdil a fraud..

Oh boy.

This thread is going to be epic the more he plays for Pakistan. :broad

:)))

I know I got owned in the match thread after talking smack at him, but come on, even his family will be like “kuch ziyada hogaya :danish “ at this comment.

You are also famous for being one of the most blatant age fudgers in Pakistan cricket.

May be he follows Pakpassion cricket forum because there is already a thread here "Is Iftikhar Ahmed the finisher Pakistan needs?" and now he has started believing himself as a finisher.

I thought he was famous for his bone breaking gym and workout routine which is surely not for the faint hearted.

Don't know about that tag, but if you can win us the WC by finishing it then you will be even more famous.

born in 1990??? meray dada ji ne issay apnay diapers k dinnon mein cricket khailtay daikha tha... aur ye sirf 30 ka hai... MAARO MUJHAY, NAHIN NAHIN, MUJHAY MAARO...

Iftikhar "Finisher"

Oh na bhai na, you don't deserve a place on the national side, there is something very wrong with your skills, but a still skilled person like Misbah fails to see that and always picks you in the side, don't know why. Let alone finisher you aren't fit to carry drinks either.
View attachment 107516

==

"In such tough situations one has to have confidence in oneself and when you have that confidence, you can take your team to a good finish"

"In Pakistan I am famous as a finisher, as someone who finishes the game for his side; The role of middle-order is to take the game to the end and finish it for their side"

"I have played for Karachi Kings who became champions and was also with IU who became champions before, and I hope they will become champions again"

"The ball was breaking and gripping in the second innings but credit to our top order who made runs and made it easier for us"

"I am aiming to win more man of the match awards as that makes you happy, and I would also like contribute in wins for my side"

No chachu, in Pakistan you are famous for being the most blatant age fudger. I know alot of people do one or two years, but you did probably anywhere from 5 to 15 years.

He looks like a 90s Era retired Cricketer who used to play with the likes of SRT, Ganguly, Jayasuriya, Hansie, Mahanama and others. Doesn't look like a 30 year old playing in 2020s.

He looks like a senior management guy who got to attend a cricket match in a corporate box.

You are also famous for being one of the most blatant age fudgers in Pakistan cricket.

I usually avoid age-related discussions but this guy's age-fudging is straight-up disrespectful.

Lying by 8-15 years is ridiculous.

Sadly the famous finisher could not do the job today, he goes for 7 from 12 with Islamabad 109/7

One of his famous innings today. Completely finished Islamabad’s chances of batting out 20 overs

When was i crazy for Khushdil, Hawkeye? Please at least research before you make potshots. Read my post that was in quick succession to this, i literally called Khushdil a fraud..

I've seen the post in re to this so [MENTION=134608]Hawkeye[/MENTION] don't make up lies.

I'm turning 30 next month so if he's 30 then I'm 20.

The famous finisher finishes off the game with 5 runs off one delivery :)))

Finished the match again for his team but, twist today was that it was with his bowling and on the wrong side. :smith

God he's awful. He looked good last game and now he fallen back to his level.

He just can't seem to do it at intl. level and I wonder what's the point of wasting time with him.

He finished the game today too...LOL.... seriously in this image he is looking as a 45 year old

God he's awful. He looked good last game and now he fallen back to his level.

He just can't seem to do it at intl. level and I wonder what's the point of wasting time with him.

because he is in good books of Misbah..

Thank God Misbah is not the chief selector anymore. Regardless of his PSL performances, he would’ve have taken this guy to SA and then India for the WC.

Islamabad should search for young bowling and batting talent instead of continuing with Chacha Iftikhar.

Iftikhar Ahmed is back with Islamabad United in the HBL Pakistan Super League 6. The 30-year-old middle-order batsman had won the 2018 edition with the franchise. He is excited to be donning United’s red and gold and is hopeful of playing a productive role in their ongoing campaign.

“It feels good,” he said about joining United. “I have played before for Islamabad [United] and won a title with them in Karachi. The support staff and the team management is very helpful. It was my wish to play for Islamabad United again. I hope that Islamabad [United] will lift the trophy again.”

Iftikhar stroked a crucial 49 not out against Karachi Kings – for whom he turned out in 2016, 2019 and 2020 – to help United surmount a daunting 197-run target with five balls spare in their second outing of the season. He struck three sixes and two fours and stitched match-altering stand of 92 with Hussain Talat over his 37-ball knock.

Reflecting on that match, Iftikhar said: “As a professional, when you perform against any team, you get happy. I was in Karachi Kings for three years, so when I did well against them, it helped boost my confidence.

“My role as a middle-order batsman is to take the game deep and finish it. So, I try to build the innings by scoring run-a-ball early on and then increase my scoring rate.”

To a question about how he copes with criticism, Iftikhar said that rather than taking it negatively, he uses it as a driving force to improve his performances.

“When I am criticised, I work harder,” he said. “I try to prove the criticism wrong with my performances.

This edition of the HBL PSL provides a brilliant opportunity to all the participating players to stake a claim in the national side for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup later this year with outstanding performances. Naturally, Iftikhar is eyeing a spot.

“I have been part of the national team’s set-up for the past two years and I am determined to represent Pakistan in the T20 World Cup,” he said.

95a89795-2f35-45fb-b3e9-cf824e6e0cf7.jpg

from his appearance, I suspect he finished his kindergarten before he was born.

View attachment 107516

==

Wonder if this interview will be one of the most abiding memories of PSL 6?

Nowhere near international standard but he can be a handy player at T20 league level. He should forget about international cricket.

Not included for tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa

5aa37d2c-66f7-496d-9f10-33982860d86b.jpg

"Iftikhar Ahmed's last few performances have not been that impressive which would have allowed to him to maintain his position in the side, as the position he plays at the strike rate needs to be higher - this is something he will need to improve"

Iftikhar's been very poor lately, the only decent series I can remember is Australia.

Remember that Interview Asif Ali gave before he joined the squad that he is a Much Improved batsman now. Sure...
I can't figure out, why we are giving so many chances to him, even his domestic averages stink.

No.

Surely others deserve a chance ahead of this guy.
Trust me i hate to see this guy ever in green jersey but truth be told he put much value in his wicket & give his more than 100% with whatever ability he has in batting & bowling .
If im not wrong he had even won a match for pak against oz in down under.
It's a joke even for ifti chachu if he is replaced by The legend of Asif ali .. that low his level is

Currently 46 from 33 and part of the highest 6th wicket partnership in PSL history.

He is a great outfielder. Never seen him drop any. Dropped a couple of catches in slips and everybody had their knives out.

Tbh, that catch at the end was without a doubt a famous way to finish the game. Cool as a cucumber under pressure

One of life's mysteries.

Why can't Ifthi play for Pakistan like he does in domestic cricket.

One of life's mysteries.

What makes it worse is that he has a very decent record in Australia, New Zeakand ( in the few games he has played there), but pretty poor in Asia (international cricket) on slower wickets.

One of life's mysteries.

Tbh he was doing ok, and got unfairly dropped. Shlhld had been given a go ahead over asif for the Sa and zim series

Back