[VIDEOS] Pakistan to host Champions Trophy 2025

Devadwal

ODI Debutant
Runs
Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman Ramiz Raja has thanked the International Cricket Council for awarding the ICC Champions Trophy 2025 to Pakistan, saying the event will showcase Pakistan’s passion for the sport.

The ICC Board’s decision means Pakistan will defend the ICC Champions Trophy title in their backyard when the eight-team and 15-match tournament is held at three iconic venues in February 2025. Pakistan had defeated India by 180 runs in the 2017 tournament at The Oval.

PCB Chairman Ramiz Raja: “I am pleased no-end with the ICC’s decision to select Pakistan as a host nation for one of their elite tournaments. By allocating a major global event to Pakistan, the ICC has expressed complete confidence and faith in our management and operational capabilities and skills.

“We have continued to demonstrate how a great host we are and through the ICC Champions Trophy 2025, we will again showcase our passion and love for the sport as this event will be a boon to the millions of home fans, who will see world class teams and their favourite international players from close quarters.

“We not only endeavour to plan and deliver a world-class event, we will also prepare and field a strong and formidable side that can perform and entertain our home fans. We saw during the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup campaign how the nation got united and the ICC Champions Trophy 2025 at home will be another opportunity to further strengthen that bond as we defend the title.”

==

FET_qmyXEAMJp9L

Last edited by a moderator:
The host nations of the mega event:

2024 T20 WC - WI and USA
2025 CT - PAK
2026 T20 WC - IND and SL
2027 ODI WC - SA, ZIM & NAM
2028 T20 WC - AUS and NZ
2029 CT - IND
2030 T20 WC - ENG, IRE and SCO
2031 ODI WC - IND & BAN

Source?

Ind and Aus will withdraw for sure. Will have to host it in UAE. Just like this t20 worldcup.

Pleased with these overall.

Source please?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Are you ready for the best-ever decade of men’s white-ball cricket?<br><br>Eight new tournaments announced &#55357;&#56613;<br>12 different host nations confirmed &#55356;&#57103;<br>Champions Trophy officially returns &#55357;&#56908; <a href="https://t.co/W1UjFkTCeG">pic.twitter.com/W1UjFkTCeG</a></p>— ICC (@ICC) <a href="https://twitter.com/ICC/status/1460573712378388481?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 16, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Best news of the year.

How many years has it been since we last saw an ICC tournament happening in Pakistan. Getting nostalgic vibes now, thinking back to the late 90s and early 2000s when intentional cricket happened in Pakistan. Happy for all the Pakistani fans here. Hopefully it's goes through well and has no pull outs from other teams.

England, Wales in recent years

2013 CT
2017 CT
2019 WC
2021 WTC F

And I think they will host all future WTC finals.

3 events in India and none in England

What is the point of Big 3??

Dont see it happening here.

We are negotiating with ttp, so we are brewing for a mess. Plus an icc tournament in pakistan basically means doing everything under heavy security. I doubt teams would be coming

To explain it better (rather than the brainwashing from ICC)

2024/ Qualifiers in US, main event in WI
2025/ Hosted by Pak in UAE
2026/ Qualifiers in BAN, main event in IND
2027/ Qualifiers in ZIM & NAB, main event in SA
2028/ Co hosted by AUS & NZ
2029/ India
2030/ Qualifiers in IRE & SCO, main event in ENG
2031/ Qualifiers in SL, main event in IND

All Test championship finals in England

We are negotiating with ttp, so we are brewing for a mess. Plus an icc tournament in pakistan basically means doing everything under heavy security. I doubt teams would be coming

Mostly likely held in Dubai ( i rather hope they play in Pakistan) but hosting right with Pakistan

4 years away bro so a lot can happen in that time.

A lot depends on the England/Aus tours scheduled for next year and the continued growth of the PSL.

If the PSL is able to attract key players from each country year on year then it makes the excuses harder to make.

Stay positive.

Can easily see the CT being staged in the UAE but 2025 is still long way to go and there could be drastic changes until then. Hoping for the best! #PakistanZindabad

To explain it better (rather than the brainwashing from ICC)

2024/ Qualifiers in US, main event in WI
2025/ Hosted by Pak in UAE
2026/ Qualifiers in BAN, main event in IND
2027/ Qualifiers in ZIM & NAB, main event in SA
2028/ Co hosted by AUS & NZ
2029/ India
2030/ Qualifiers in IRE & SCO, main event in ENG
2031/ Qualifiers in SL, main event in IND

All Test championship finals in England

2027 is 50 Over World Cup that has no qualifying first round . There will be two groups of 7 teams each .

Zimbabwe and Namibia will play their matches at home , Semi Finals and Finals will be in SA. Same like 2003 WC, where Zimbabwe and Kenya hosted matches in their own venues. That's a good deal for the Zimbabwe and Namibia I would say.

What am I pleased about:

2024 T20 World Cup in WI and USA. Love watching cricket in Windies and USA will be really interesting to see. What stadiums will be used in USA? It has so much potential with millions of desis - USA can become one of the best associate teams if there is a bit more exposure and investment.

2027 ODI world cup in SA, Zim and Nam. Always felt that part of the world deserves more world tournaments.

2025 CT in Pak is obviously great. Let's assume it happens then we only need 3 stadiums for CT - Karachi, Lahore and probably Pindi will be enough. But can't help but feel it will likely be shifted to UAE. Maybe semi finals and final will be in Pak but i'd be surprised with any more than that (pleasantly).

So the next edition of the South Asian games scheduled to be hosted in Lahore in 2023 and the ICC Champions trophy in 2025.

International sports competitions returning to Pakistan. Although I think Pakistan would need to upgrade the sport infrastructure a bit because of the absence of international sport happening in the country for a long time.

We will see lot of players switching to usa in coming months trying to squeeze in for wt20.

We need to increase the capacity of our stadiums to host an event of such stature. We need venues where at least 50,000 fans can attend and watch the games.

We will see lot of players switching to usa in coming months trying to squeeze in for wt20.

from which country? i think you have to establish residency in US to play for the team and I don't see that happening easily for the players coming from india/pakistan/south africa. USA does not care about cricket and will not allow special immigration conditions for this.

Oh dear! So yet another ICC tournament in UAE. :facepalm:

Hope PCB picks England, South Africa or even Sei Lanka.

For all our efforts, we are granted one ICC event that doesn’t last longer than 2 weeks. Whilst Bangladesh, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Scotland, Ireland and USA have also been provided with one opportunity to host an event.

Poor stuff from the ICC really

no it wont.
on social media and other forums our beloved parosis are already saying that they will pressurize indian govt to not take part in Pakistan in any ICC event. so it wont happen in Pakistan, we all know. they are also saying if it held in UAE hosted by Pak thn boycott it also.

no it wont.
on social media and other forums our beloved parosis are already saying that they will pressurize indian govt to not take part in Pakistan in any ICC event. so it wont happen in Pakistan, we all know. they are also saying if it held in UAE hosted by Pak thn boycott it also.

So I guess normalcy has resumed now that India has got what it wanted, to host an icc tournament successfully with Pakistan’s participation

Pakistan should've been selected for a World Cup too. Not just CT.

2031 World Cup hosting should've gone to Pakistan and Sri Lanka also (along with India and Bangladesh).

from which country? i think you have to establish residency in US to play for the team and I don't see that happening easily for the players coming from india/pakistan/south africa. USA does not care about cricket and will not allow special immigration conditions for this.
They have to play in US for 3 years and they will be able to represent US internationally. Not that hard.

There’s more chances of me winning the Euromillions than Pakistan hosting an ICC event in Pakistan in the next 5 years.

A couple of mentos in a bottle of coke and we’ll see the western bloc running for their lives.

There’s only 2 options, playing in the UAE or letting Sri Lanka host the CT25 and in return, we get to host the WC in 2035

ICC Champions Trophy 2025 might shift to UAE again.

Win the toss
Win the Match

Welcome to ICC touraments in UAE.

I wonder if the Ramiz Raja-Ganguly-Jay Shah meeting in the UAE had something to do with it.

Yeah officially it's the ICC decision, but we all know how things roll:srini

This is a good get in my opinion for Pakistan. Getting to host a tournament regardless how big it is, is still a good get.

Even arranging it in UAE will give us revenue.

Looking forward to see how the current Indian side will be received in Pakistan. Feel like if everything works out. I usually don’t enjoy tournaments in UAE, Sc conditions but will be excited for this.

I'm extremely excited to see the 2024 matches here in the USA.

Also. They will find a way to get the Pakistan vs India match into the United States. BANK on it. It will be the first match ever to likely be on ESPN main channel and charging 200 a ticket for the cheap seats is just too good a deal for the ICC. I plan on being there no matter what.

Stop being so negative. Yes I don't agree with TTP talks but I'm sure our army will take care of things and maintain security. Tbe afghan war is over and the west has left. I see things being peaceful now. Plus 4 years is a long time.

Looks like both Pakistan and UAE will make preparations to host the tournament. Too many red flags here. Only Pakistan hosting this tournament? Why not share this event with sub continent and also other world cups that India are hosting could be jointly hosted by Pakistan as well.

Good to see this, lets hope this actually happens. A lot will depend upon what Pakistan northwestern neighbor will end up being by 2025.

I'm extremely excited to see the 2024 matches here in the USA.

Also. They will find a way to get the Pakistan vs India match into the United States. BANK on it. It will be the first match ever to likely be on ESPN main channel and charging 200 a ticket for the cheap seats is just too good a deal for the ICC. I plan on being there no matter what.

Most likely only the qualifying rounds will be played here like how Oman "joint hosted" the recent T20 wc but didn't host any matches from the group stage onward. I think the ICC is going to follow the same formula for every event with a minor "co-host" but the main host will host the bulk of the games especially all the important ones and the knock outs.

Forthcoming tours of Eng, Auss, and NZ are really crucial for a resumption of international cricket in Pakistan. Otherwise it would have been very difficult to host champions trophy.

A lot of water to flow under the bridge before we get there.

Abysmal.
What is there to celebrate about?
One Champions Trophy in the next 10 years? Terrible.
And the Big 3 take 7 of the next 10 tournaments.
Wow!

Huge opportunity for teams like Bangladesh Afghanistan and Srilanka to win a championship. The conditions in Pakistan might just suit them as well
Ofcourse favorites will be india and Pakistan

KARACHI: The 2025 Champions Trophy hosting rights being awarded to Pakistan came as a result of pressure on the International Cricket Council (ICC) , Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Ramiz Raja has claimed.

New Zealand’s unilateral decision to abruptly abort their Pakistan tour and England’s last minute pull-out from their scheduled visit in September last year triggered criticism from the then newly-appointed Ramiz.

By the end of the year, the ICC announced Pakistan as the hosts for the 2025 Champions Trophy and New Zealand and England agreed for tours late in 2022 and 2023 following talks between their boards and PCB.

“The ICC was under pressure when New Zealand and England cancelled their tours,” Ramiz said during a press conference at the National Stadium here on Wednesday.

“And when the pressure was created then we got the Champions Trophy, which means the ICC recognised that Pakistan was treated wrongly.”

Last month, New Zealand Cricket (NZC) reportedly agreed to pay the PCB an undisclosed amount as compensation for abandoning the series and the Black Caps are scheduled to visit Pakistan for two Tests in December this year and five One-day Internationals and as many T20s in April 2023.

England will visit for seven T20s in September while Pakistan have also been invited by the NZC for a tri-nation T20 tournament involving Bangladesh in October.

Ramiz said the high number of matches for the team’s scheduled tours were also a part of the compensation. The PCB chief, though, said the board enjoyed good relationships with the England and Wales Cricket Board and NZC, as well as the ICC.

“Our relations with the ICC are good but from a commercial point of view, we feel we deserve more and I’m going raise this issue in [the meeting] in July and I’ll ask them to increase our return,” he said.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1697362/i...an-champions-trophy-hosting-rights-says-ramiz

Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman Ramiz Raja has thanked the International Cricket Council for awarding the ICC Champions Trophy 2025 to Pakistan, saying the event will showcase Pakistan’s passion for the sport.

The ICC Board’s decision means Pakistan will defend the ICC Champions Trophy title in their backyard when the eight-team and 15-match tournament is held at three iconic venues in February 2025. Pakistan had defeated India by 180 runs in the 2017 tournament at The Oval.

PCB Chairman Ramiz Raja: “I am pleased no-end with the ICC’s decision to select Pakistan as a host nation for one of their elite tournaments. By allocating a major global event to Pakistan, the ICC has expressed complete confidence and faith in our management and operational capabilities and skills.

“We have continued to demonstrate how a great host we are and through the ICC Champions Trophy 2025, we will again showcase our passion and love for the sport as this event will be a boon to the millions of home fans, who will see world class teams and their favourite international players from close quarters.

“We not only endeavour to plan and deliver a world-class event, we will also prepare and field a strong and formidable side that can perform and entertain our home fans. We saw during the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup campaign how the nation got united and the ICC Champions Trophy 2025 at home will be another opportunity to further strengthen that bond as we defend the title.”

==

FET_qmyXEAMJp9L

So does this happen in Pakistan, hybrid model etc?

So does this happen in Pakistan, hybrid model etc?

Will depend on their state of government and economy. If the current political and economic mess persists then another Asia Cup like hybrid formula will come up

This will be interesting. Remember that all international teams will take part in this tournament. None have concerns of playing in Pakistan apart from India.

Let's see if BCCI has the power to move the whole tournament out of Pakistan.

This will be interesting. Remember that all international teams will take part in this tournament. None have concerns of playing in Pakistan apart from India.

Maybe thier will be alot of money made for Pakistan if they do move it.

It is very obvious what is going to happen.

India will play its matches in the UAE, everyone else will play in Pakistan.

If Pakistan and India were to cross paths, they will play in the UAE. If India makes the final, the final will be played in the UAE.

BCCI has the power to deprive Pakistani fans of watching the CT final in Pakistan or watching a Pakistan vs India CT match/final in Pakistan.

My advise to PCB would be to not throw tantrums and to not make noise because ultimately BCCI will get what they want.

PCB will have to bow down but it is only a problem if you do it after thumping your chest.

The hybrid Asia Cup wouldn’t have been a problem had the delusional Sethi not said that Pakistan won’t play World Cup in India if India won’t play Asia Cup in Pakistan.

India won't be travelling to Pakistan in 2025. And I don't think it will be a hybrid model either like Asia cup. I think entire CT 2025 will be moved out of Pakistan and will be awarded to another country like SA or Eng.

If PCB are smart, they'd sit down with BCCI and offer them a chance to play the India games in the North West (venues like Delhi, Mohali, Dehradun, Dharamsala etc) so that teams can fly back and forth without much of air travel.

So a maximum of 5 games (if India reaches the final) in India and a guaranteed slot of 10 games in Pakistan, which is a much better deal than moving the tournament entirely out of Pakistan or getting some token amount of games like the Asia Cup.

I read somewhere that the BCCI was demanding that Pakistan's hosting rights for the Champions Trophy be taken away from the ICC. One of the main points of discussion during the ICC officials meeting with the PCB in Pakistan was ICC proposing to the PCB that the 2024 T-20 WC being taken away from USA/West Indies because of poor facilities and being swapped with England and for the 2025 CT being shifted to another country and the PCB will be fully compensated to tune of $16-20 million plus a share of the profits of the tournament.

Let's see which way the PCB goes.

Qualification for Champions Trophy 2025 dependent on finishing position in this World Cup. Only hosts (Pakistan) plus the top seven teams in the table qualify. England are currently 10th.

As per a media report.

Qualification for Champions Trophy 2025 dependent on finishing position in this World Cup. Only hosts (Pakistan) plus the top seven teams in the table qualify. England are currently 10th.

For real? Is there no further chance of qualification through some matches at a later stage.

I think ICC changed qualification criteria to make the World Cup interesting as the top 4 are locked already. Unless something really drastic happens

Previously it used to be the top ranked ODI teams at a certain cut-off date

BCCI will manage to host it somewhere else
This is what I really loathe about BCCI and ICC

Should have announced Pakistan and UAE as co-hosts in the first place.
Now next year would be spent on unnecessary drama and eventually it will be played in a hybrid model

This is what I really loathe about BCCI and ICC

Should have announced Pakistan and UAE as co-hosts in the first place.
Now next year would be spent on unnecessary drama and eventually it will be played in a hybrid model

Why not hold it in pakistan without India?

Compensate ICC for whatever losses they will make because pakistan cannot host India.

Hybrid makes no sense.

Compensate ICC for whatever losses they will make because pakistan cannot host India.

Hybrid makes no sense.

Pakistan don't have any issue hosting India, its India who has an issue and act sissy everytime
So why should pakistan compensate ICC ?

Hybrid makes no sense.
No india will mean a huge loss in revenue
I would love to see the tournament in Pakistan and Pakistan only but I fear we will be all to eager to bend the knee to a hybrid model again

Chances of Champions Trophy being hosted in Pakistan is as slim as me winning a lottery. There is absolutely no way India will travel there. I think it will be another Asia cup type hybrid model where couple of games will be played in Pakistan and rest will be either in BD or SL or UAE.

Of course it won’t be played in Pakistan. There are 1.4 billion viewers right now in a country with an elected government that absolutely despises us. It is what it is. At the end of the day, it’s best to just accept profits will dictate ICC decisions and they will not do anything to risk losing the 1.4 billion viewers in India.

If PCB will compensate ICC, then it will happen.
Why would we compensate them? The whole point of rotating who hosts is so people can enjoy cricket in different countries and boards can make money from the tournaments. If India does not want to play it is completely okay, but they should be paying the compensation. Of course thqt won’t happen, you guys are going to use your 1.4 billion person media market as a bullying tactic and since ICC is primary a profit generating business, as long as you have such a big population you’ll keep getting away with it. Not much you can do when a country has a bigger population than all the other cricketing nations put together.

good chances that this won't happen in Pak...but can you imagine if India somehow comes to pak and beats the **** out of them lollll

Should not happen in Pakistan. We're not ready to host a proper tournament. Don't have any stadium which is of international quality.

I think Pakistan should start lobbying for it now and tell ICC that its highly unlikely India would come.

Pakistan should get confirmation from ICC that lack of India wont be a hurdle to host the event.

If its a hurdle, we should know now instead of 2025.

I think Pakistan should start lobbying for it now and tell ICC that its highly unlikely India would come.

Pakistan should get confirmation from ICC that lack of India wont be a hurdle to host the event.

If its a hurdle, we should know now instead of 2025.
They’re not coming for sure brother. We know that the ICC will let India have final decision since they hear massive viewership.

Back