[VIDEOS] Pat Cummins - The Mega Discussion

Yeah, him and Pattison are really good in TEST format.

Would be a great contest between these 2 vs Pujara & Kohli in the upcoming Border-Gavaskar trophies :)

I dont think Pujara or Kohli are that good to have any contest with Pat Cummins

Last edited:
Yeah, him and Pattison are really good in TEST format.

Would be a great contest between these 2 vs Pujara & Kohli in the upcoming Border-Gavaskar trophies :)

kohli is very lucky to be playing in an era of when there is a serious lack of quality express bowlers.

Cummins has a long way to go, it will be at least two years before he can be considered the future of fast bowling.

Cummins has a long way to go, it will be at least two years before he can be considered the future of fast bowling.

Why? Injury permitting he has great potential and future :sami

He really is impressing! Has a beautiful action, good pace and got bounce. Can swing it a litle bit both ways.
I will say, if he is injury free, he will be the best bowler of all youngsters. If he can be as good as Steyn? Not sure!

Pattinson, Starc and Cummins, all 3 are top players!!

Australia has a bright future in the pace department though there lack of spinner of spinner is a worry for them.

Cummins needs to play more than a handful of games without injury first.

Not sure how T20 will work out for him, on one hand he is missing first class cricket to play it, on the other hand it might be good he is not bowling lots of overs while so young.

Our bowling looks very promising, batting not so good.

Cummins needs to play more than a handful of games without injury first.

Not sure how T20 will work out for him, on one hand he is missing first class cricket to play it, on the other hand it might be good he is not bowling lots of overs while so young.

Our bowling looks very promising, batting not so good.

quite true

I think the issue arises due to the lack of oppurtunities to youngster in the last decade. Ive always used to tell my Oz friends that once these greats like hayden and gilly will retire the Aus will be in a whole because they will be forced to fill a young and inexperienced side in big matches. Guys like wade, forrest, steven smith showed some signs of becoming future cricket stars but failed to live upto their expectations. However, maxwell is different from the others and looks like he can become the future Bevan but only time will tell.

I also feel that experienced players like katich and haddin should still have played alongside these youngsters. That would give them confidence. Afterall, it really helped guys like raina and kohli to play alongside legends like dravid and tendulkar(the same cant be said about rohit)

Yes he is not to forget Starc " Pakistan need to bring up some speed bowlers like these
the have done it well in past? We need a bowler like shoiab Ahktar with pace and Gutts"

Cummings, Starc, Pattinson, Hiffenhous (sp?) + Injury Prone guy whose name I cant recall..

Aussies are all set for another round of world domination if they can only get their batting in order....

Ozs Should play Pat in International matches rather then wasting him at first class cricket :wahab

The Australian bowling attack is looking sublime for the future.

Cummins looks like a good one. He's got all the right tools in order to accomplish all that he desires as a fast bowler. He might require some mental sharpening and tactical awareness, but there is a LOT to work with here.

Even the others mentioned - Pattinson and Starc - are top drawer prospects.

Cummins, Pattinson, Starc, and Hazlewood are all players who are 22 years or younger and capable of consistently bowling in the mid-to-high 140s. They have faced injury problems in the past, which is cause for concern. But, if they can sort those issues out and continue to grow, Australia could have a fearsome and dominant pace attack in a few years.

Last edited:
Pat Cummins is over rated. His action will lead to more injuries than playing matches.

He with his pace and juicy line and length he is set-up for been taken for runs unless every pitch he plays on has grass on it.

Future great along with Pattinson if handled properly. Starc is good too but is more of a ODI bowler.

Ozs Should play Pat in International matches rather then wasting him at first class cricket :wahab

He doesn't warrant selection at the moment. We have a stupid amount of bowlers right now, we are the new Pakistan. No batters.

What happened to Hazlewood. He looked like he had immaculate control over line and length, mcgrathesque. That was like 2-3 years ago when I saw him in under-19 WC - Auz beat Pakistan in final. raza Hasan And Hammad Azam were the stars of that team and only Raza Hasan looks to have really emerged so far.

Hazlewood had back fractures which set him out of action a long while, during which time many others (Pattinson, Cummins, Starc etc) got ahead of him in the eyes of the selectors.

Cummins I think will really be tested by Indian conditions if he gets a game over there. We'll find out how many tricks he has up his sleeve & the size of his heart.

Hazlewood had back fractures which set him out of action a long while, during which time many others (Pattinson, Cummins, Starc etc) got ahead of him in the eyes of the selectors.

Cummins I think will really be tested by Indian conditions if he gets a game over there. We'll find out how many tricks he has up his sleeve & the size of his heart.

coincidentally i noticed hazlewoods name today in the sydney t20 team. who have a magnificent attack btw, especially in SA conditions. Aus are set fast bowling wise for the future.

Cummins will come good, because he has others around him and he is young yetgetting good experiance.

And gone again for another summer with back fractures.

TEENAGE pace sensation Pat Cummins is facing another summer on the sidelines after being diagnosed with a bone stress injury of the lower back on Friday.

Cummins was sent for scans upon his arrival in Australia on Tuesday after complaining of back soreness following the Sydney Sixers' Champions League triumph earlier this week.

It continues the 19-year-old's terrible run with injury and comes after he missed the entire summer last season due to a heel injury.

The latest injury is to a different part of Cummins's back, which he hurt two years ago after the Shield final for NSW, but he is expected to make a full recovery.

Cummins hurt his side during Australia's ODI tour of England earlier this year but made a strong return for country and franchise during the World Twenty20 and the Champions League.

"It doesn’t look great," said his manager and Sydney Sixers teammate Dominic Thornely.

"There's a minor stress fracture in his back. He had some soreness there for a week but he didn't think it was too bad. The physios all thought it was OK but he had the scans this morning and it showed up."

Australian team physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said: "Pat Cummins returned from Champions League Twenty20 duties with the Sydney Sixers with some back soreness.

"Because of his age and past history we decided to investigate the source of the pain and unfortunately he has an early stage stress fracture of his spine, confirmed by scans today.

"Pat had a spine bone stress injury a few years ago but the current injury is new and in an entirely different part of the spine.

"We expect he will recover fully from this injury and will be closely monitored to determine his return to the playing field, but expect that he will miss most of the 2012-13 domestic cricket season."

Australian coach Mickey Arthur said on Twitter: "Disappointing to hear that @93Cummins has a stress fracture. He will recover well and be back bowling fast in a few months time."

Cummins burst onto the Test cricket scene in November last year when he played a key role in Australia's narrow victory over South Africa at the Wanderers.

The then 18-year-old took six wickets in South Africa's second innings and hit the winning runs at the visitors clung on for a two-wicket victory. He was awarded the man-of-the-match award in his solitary Test.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/cummins-out-for-the-season-20121102-28ok6.html#ixzz2B2BbBfIo

And gone again for another summer with back fractures.

TEENAGE pace sensation Pat Cummins is facing another summer on the sidelines after being diagnosed with a bone stress injury of the lower back on Friday.

Cummins was sent for scans upon his arrival in Australia on Tuesday after complaining of back soreness following the Sydney Sixers' Champions League triumph earlier this week.

It continues the 19-year-old's terrible run with injury and comes after he missed the entire summer last season due to a heel injury.

The latest injury is to a different part of Cummins's back, which he hurt two years ago after the Shield final for NSW, but he is expected to make a full recovery.

Cummins hurt his side during Australia's ODI tour of England earlier this year but made a strong return for country and franchise during the World Twenty20 and the Champions League.

"It doesn’t look great," said his manager and Sydney Sixers teammate Dominic Thornely.

"There's a minor stress fracture in his back. He had some soreness there for a week but he didn't think it was too bad. The physios all thought it was OK but he had the scans this morning and it showed up."

Australian team physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said: "Pat Cummins returned from Champions League Twenty20 duties with the Sydney Sixers with some back soreness.

"Because of his age and past history we decided to investigate the source of the pain and unfortunately he has an early stage stress fracture of his spine, confirmed by scans today.

"Pat had a spine bone stress injury a few years ago but the current injury is new and in an entirely different part of the spine.

"We expect he will recover fully from this injury and will be closely monitored to determine his return to the playing field, but expect that he will miss most of the 2012-13 domestic cricket season."

Australian coach Mickey Arthur said on Twitter: "Disappointing to hear that @93Cummins has a stress fracture. He will recover well and be back bowling fast in a few months time."

Cummins burst onto the Test cricket scene in November last year when he played a key role in Australia's narrow victory over South Africa at the Wanderers.

The then 18-year-old took six wickets in South Africa's second innings and hit the winning runs at the visitors clung on for a two-wicket victory. He was awarded the man-of-the-match award in his solitary Test.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/cummins-out-for-the-season-20121102-28ok6.html#ixzz2B2BbBfIo
Oh man not again.. These injuries are happening So early in his career. I hope he overcomes it..

Unless the player's set their priorities straight, such injuries are gonna happen.

Good news for SA.

Cummins seems to be quite injury prone. Probably because of his bowling style.

Starc on the other hand has an easier bowling action and looks comfortable quite delivering the ball

Sigh, seems to be going the Bond way. For the Ozzies sake, I hope this isn't the case but.

He is so young I am not writing him off yet but he is breaking down bowling T20 only. That's a really bad sign.

They are sending him off to have his action assessed.

Umar Gul had to go through similar ordeal early on. Modified his action and the back problems have stayed away.

They are sending him off to have his action assessed.

Umar Gul had to go through similar ordeal early on. Modified his action and the back problems have stayed away.
And is umer gul a better bowler now with the modified action??

Certainly needs to remodel his action and maybe sacrifice a bit of pace. Instead of trying to hit 150kmh I think he should try to operate around 140.

He looks to be very fragile though and that's a huge concern for Aus especially when it comes to the Test arena.

Said it after his first test against SA, that even though he bowled brilliantly, his action needs work if he's going to stay injury-free. And then he got injured. Great young prospect, but the coaches really need to work on his action lest he turn into another Shane Bond. The same applies to Pattinson, but to a lesser extent.

Last edited:
would be a real shame if he has to sacrifice his pace , was a very exciting bowler to watch .

Really feel sorry for this guy....

I read one of ian pont post about cummins where he states

Cummins is a wonderful talent but has been allowed to go unchecked with several flaws with his bowling. He runs at an angle towards fine leg, has a mixed bowling action, then has a lateral flexion (fall away) meaning he releases the ball almost two feet outside of his body width. The stresses and strains on this type of action will take their toll

If Cummins can straighten up his approach, address some of his misalignments and then have all his energy going towards the target, he will not only be less injury prone, but increase his speed and accuracy. If your top half drives towards third slip then it's clear not all your energy is going at the batsman. You end up 'pushing' the ball if you are not careful and can lose your wrist position. This is what happened to Steve Harmison eventually."
http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=156808

One of the taunts that Aussie fans administer to Kiwis is that had Bond featured for the Baggy Greens, he would have been managed well and all of the injuries would not have been allowed to taper his career off in the manner that it did, or he may not have been injured all the time at all.

Well, here's the test.

One of the taunts that Aussie fans administer to Kiwis is that had Bond featured for the Baggy Greens, he would have been managed well and all of the injuries would not have been allowed to taper his career off in the manner that it did, or he may not have been injured all the time at all.

Well, here's the test.

Be quiet Hobbit

Pat Cummins actually bowled 6 overs in a game of cricket in Africa yesterday, against Zimbabwe A.

6 overs, 2 maidens, 2 wickets for 6 runs.

Re: Pat Cummins future of fast bowling

If he were Pakistani, he would have been called better than Waqar based on his debut performance. :amir

Australia fast bowling and fielding is still strong as ever but batting and spin bowling has become pretty poor. I blame T20 for their batting as a lot of Australian batsman are more interested in this form compared to the longer form and pitches not suitable for spin bowling.

Because some posters like to pretend Amir doesnt age, they keep referring to him as 18 or whatever, even though he is clearly over 20.

He is about 21, I also don't think Cummins should have been played that early, especially bowling at 150 kph, when Amir started he was in the late 130s and then moved up to 140s consistently after a year.

He is about 21, I also don't think Cummins should have been played that early, especially bowling at 150 kph, when Amir started he was in the late 130s and then moved up to 140s consistently after a year.

We should have told him to slow down?

Pat Cummins reported played three games in a row during the A tour, and the future of fast bowling was sent home with a back injury.

3 games is actually an improvement. Next time we might get half a shield season out of him!

Real shame about this guy, he was dynamite in that debut Test and world cricket needs fast bowlers. Hopefully as he gets older his body will get stronger

Gem of a bowler. Guess there's something wrong the way Australians handle them.Cricket needs express pacers like him.

Rumour has it the future of fast bowling will play in the BBL on Friday night for the Perth Scorchers.

Looking forward to his annual cricket appearance!

His injuries will flatten out As his body gets used to it, but hes å serious talent
Johnson, harris, cummins

Rumour has it the future of fast bowling will play in the BBL on Friday night for the Perth Scorchers.

Looking forward to his annual cricket appearance!

Didn't sound like last night when Gilly was talking to him and Langer.

Sounded like he'd play grade cricket this weekend first before they consider bringing him back.

Didn't sound like last night when Gilly was talking to him and Langer.

Sounded like he'd play grade cricket this weekend first before they consider bringing him back.

Perhaps he could bowl four balls in beach cricket instead

Whatever happened to Mitch Starc? Seems to have disappeared somewhere.

Last edited:
Injured. Which actually turned out very well for us, since MJ got picked to replace him

MJ was always going to be picked ahead of Johnno after Invers saw his new bowling action/run up and ball control.

bowling well but who is going to replace him for the wc because I fully expect him to get unfit during this series.

I am not impressed with him. Lacks lethality. And ok bowler. Not consistent.

Cant really judge him yet, this is the first time he has been fit long enough to play multiple games for about three years. Speed is starting to crank up, and so is his lines.

But we are excited about him as Test bowler, LO bowlers are just cannon fodder these days.

Shouldn't be in the world cup team but I've seen enough to see why he is so highly rated.

Pity that the other youngster I really rate Joel Paris is just as injury prone. [MENTION=8418]Random Aussie[/MENTION] , Paris redid his quad injury putting on his socks

Cant really judge him yet, this is the first time he has been fit long enough to play multiple games for about three years. Speed is starting to crank up, and so is his lines.

But we are excited about him as Test bowler, LO bowlers are just cannon fodder these days.

Convict and I have agreed in the past that Cummins is the real deal, but that serious injury was inevitable at that tender age.

Amir is a contemporary, and his 5 year ban has protected his body from this punishment.

Meanwhile Pattinson is bowling like a demon in the BBL. This is the first time I can remember all four of our future bowling attack are fit and playing regularly.

Now just one damn leg spinner from somewhere please

Man these young aus quick must be costing CA a ton of money d/t their injuries.

The best Australian pacer going around - Pat Cummins

Pat Cummins.

He’s done it again.

A brilliant spell of 4-13 in 8 consecutive overs of pace and just enough movement to get the edge. The way it should be, Mitchell Starc, take notes!

I have always found something special about Cummins that neither Starc nor Hazelwood have. He’s the perfect combination of the two. The pace and fire of Starc with the line and length of Hazelwood.

He was the highest wicket-taker in the Ashes, had a fantastic ODI series where he outshined everyone, and is doing the same again in the current Test series in SA.

Here’s to hopes that he remains injury free and takes heaps of wickets.

Well done and long may it continue.

Back