[VIDEOS/PICTURES] IHC grants Imran bail for 2 weeks in Al-Qadir Trust case

PTI/IK is on the verge of becoming bigger than the state. If PDM keeps fooling around their dynasties will become history.

PTI isn't doing anything special, it's just that PDM is exceptionally bad at everything it does.

We are heading towards a game changing week. IK being free with all the global spotlight on him will now carry massive advantage if he makes a speech or gives interview. That will dent the current PDM regime and army establishment really bad.

Next we have 14 May deadline coming to an end on Sunday. There are all possibilities SC would now disqualify Shahbaz next week over non-compliance of their order.

Big week ahead. I believe we are heading towards a July election.

He can't be arrested on any case for the next 5 days.

A division bench of the Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Friday granted PTI Chairman Imran Khan two-week bail in the Al-Qadir Trust case, a day after the Supreme Court termed his arrest from the IHC premises “invalid and unlawful”.

A division bench comprising Justice Miangul Hassan Aurangzeb and Justice Saman Rafat Imtiaz heard the PTI chief’s bail plea at courtroom No.2. The detailed order in the case is awaited but Imran is free to go as far as the Al-Qadir Trust case is concerned.

The court also barred authorities from arresting him in any case registered in the jurisdiction of Islamabad after May 9 till May 17.

During the hearing, Justice Aurangzeb asked Imran if he condemned the violence that ensued after his arrest, to which the PTI chief’s lawyer replied in the affirmative. The judge then asked the ex-premier to submit a declaration in court stating the same.

Earlier in the day, DawnNewsTV reported that Imran’s lawyers had also filed four additional pleas which urged the IHC to club all the cases against Imran and to direct authorities to provide details of the cases registered against him.

The hearing had initially begun after a nearly two-hour delay with media reporting that officials were conducting a security sweep outside the courtroom.

But they were halted shortly after they began at 1pm on account of Friday prayers. On the other hand, Geo News reported that judges had left the courtroom after “pro-Imran” slogans were raised.

When the hearing resumed after 2:30pm, Imran was present in the courtroom alongside his legal team and his lawyer Khawaja Haris presented his arguments.

Haris contended before the court that the National Accountability Bureau’s (NAB) actions were illegal. He said that NAB could only issue an arrest warrant after an inquiry had formally been turned into an investigation.

He said that the PTI had gotten to know that NAB had formally initiated an investigation against Imran through media reports. He also said that PTI chief had approached the IHC on May 9 seeking the NAB report in the inquiry but was arrested before he could enter the courtroom.

At one point during the hearing, the court asked the petitioner if he was provided a questionnaire in connection with the case, to which Haris replied in negative.

He said that Imran was issued a call-up notice which he did not appear for but instead submitted a written reply. Haris further said that the accountability watchdog was “biased” at the moment.

The court then accepted Imran’s bail plea and also instructed the NAB prosecutor general and Imran’s lawyers to be prepared at the next hearing. It also said that it would decide whether Imran’s bail should be cancelled or extended at the next hearing.

After the hearing concluded, Dawn.com’s correspondent outside the court said that a sea of PTI workers and supporters celebrated in the streets.

Separately, IHC’s Justice Tariq Mahmood Rahim will shortly hear Imran’s pleas for bail in cases registered in other parts of the country.

The court also barred authorities from arresting him in any case registered in the jurisdiction of Islamabad after May 9 till May 17.

==

So cases registered outside Islamabad are fair game!

==

So cases registered outside Islamabad are fair game!

Cue 100 more cases being filed, Pdm lawyers making a killing :O

Fight to the finish.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is huge! By naming the incumbent army chief Gen Asim Munir, Imran Khan has turned it into a duel; now only one of them can remain standing<a href="https://t.co/bG5JUngF6v">pic.twitter.com/bG5JUngF6v</a></p>— Mohammad Taqi (@mazdaki) <a href="https://twitter.com/mazdaki/status/1657005321171206149?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 12, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:
The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Friday granted protective bail to PTI Chairman Imran Khan in all cases registered against him in Lahore and Islamabad, along with the Al-Qadir Trust case.

Imran has been granted bail for two weeks in the Al-Qadir Trust case, in which he was arrested on May 9 leading to violent protests across the country.

The court has also barred police from arresting the former premier till May 17 in any case registered against him after May 9. In Lahore, it ruled, the police cannot arrest Imran until Monday in any case including those that are undisclosed.

Key developments:

IHC grants Imran bail for two weeks in Al-Qadir Trust case
Court bars authorities from arresting PTI chief till May 17 in any case registered against him in Islamabad after May 9
Justice Aurangzeb directs Imran to submit a declaration condemning violence following arrest
Imran protective bail in all cases registered in Lahore until Monday
Former premier tells reporters he was hit on the head during arrest

Fight to the finish.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is huge! By naming the incumbent army chief Gen Asim Munir, Imran Khan has turned it into a duel; now only one of them can remain standing<a href="https://t.co/bG5JUngF6v">pic.twitter.com/bG5JUngF6v</a></p>— Mohammad Taqi (@mazdaki) <a href="https://twitter.com/mazdaki/status/1657005321171206149?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 12, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is a huge call, you can see the lawyer not happy turning off camera . I think Imran realises there is an opportunity to change the generals & along with the crooks at the same , double wicket . There is infighting within the forces , a coup is possible so Imran had to play this card to lend its open support to such an idea . Army is only strong & popular because of mass support, will they risk this for one man inserted by a foreign nation ?

This is a huge call, you can see the lawyer not happy turning off camera . I think Imran realises there is an opportunity to change the generals & along with the crooks at the same , double wicket . There is infighting within the forces , a coup is possible so Imran had to play this card to lend its open support to such an idea . Army is only strong & popular because of mass support, will they risk this for one man inserted by a foreign nation ?

If you like ignore everything and focus on those who abducted him. I’m just flabbergasted, you’re a Pakistani citizen, and then regardless of whether you are asked or not, you wake up one morning, and agree that you’re going to assault Imran Khan. I am curious to know what would be going through their mind.

Anyway, this case is similar to some extent and not too far removed from Ali vs the US government, do you remember the supreme court overturned his conviction. That was 1971 and this is 2023, a time when Khan is widely accepted as a national hero, what are people thinking ? Khan even showed that Noorah mercy when he faked an illness, Khan regardless of his views still gave him some respect.

The thieves know time is running out and are pulling every trick in the book. The Army should recognise the tide is changing, it was a really bad call for them to side with the crooks. This is a chance for IK to give the army a left hook to the body they wont be able to get up from

chances of emergency now?

Low but still a possibility. From social media it seems that the navy and Air chief have said don't think about it. The NSC was also cancelled. Munir is looking quite isolated at the moment. There are also rumours this govt is about to be sent home on Monday. The images of the CC lahore trying to calm the situation has shown that there are key officers who are against Munir.

The PDM are now getting ready to protest against the SC on Monday. Diesel will bring along his crowd of madrassa students.
Things are going to get really ugly in the coming days. May Allah protect Imran and his supporters.

chances of emergency now?

Information Minister Marriyum Nawaz has refuted reports about the imposition of emergency rule in the country, saying that no decision on this was taken during today’s cabinet session.

State broadcaster PTV News quotes her as saying: “Reports in the media about the imposition of emergency in the country are baseless. No decision was taken in the cabinet meeting regarding the implementation of emergency.”

She requested the media not to run any news without verifying it first.

The PDM are now getting ready to protest against the SC on Monday. Diesel will bring along his crowd of madrassa students.
Things are going to get really ugly in the coming days. May Allah protect Imran and his supporters.

Rent a crowd. These criminals have no support and need kids to fight their battles must of whom will also be PTI supporters

If you like ignore everything and focus on those who abducted him. I’m just flabbergasted, you’re a Pakistani citizen, and then regardless of whether you are asked or not, you wake up one morning, and agree that you’re going to assault Imran Khan. I am curious to know what would be going through their mind.

Anyway, this case is similar to some extent and not too far removed from Ali vs the US government, do you remember the supreme court overturned his conviction. That was 1971 and this is 2023, a time when Khan is widely accepted as a national hero, what are people thinking ? Khan even showed that Noorah mercy when he faked an illness, Khan regardless of his views still gave him some respect.

The thieves know time is running out and are pulling every trick in the book. The Army should recognise the tide is changing, it was a really bad call for them to side with the crooks. This is a chance for IK to give the army a left hook to the body they wont be able to get up from

A little similar to Ali, the supreme court here is also against the wreck less policies of the government. There is always a limit to how much any power can abuse a person who is very popular and loved by the people.

Some people are calling this Imran Khan V the Army. Its not even close, its not even a battle between Imran Khan/PTI v Generals/Crooks, or Pakistani People V Establishment. When you take off the meat and get to the bare bones, Its a battle between Good v Evil. One man and many of his people sacrificing their lives, their lifestyle, their families for Good of the rest V A few men and a few women born into power, raised in power, now feens like Vampires addicted to the crack of wealth willing to be humiliated, die for their cause.

There is no need for Pakistanis to watch Pakistani drama, this is a living epic of historic proportions.

Imran is illegally being held in the court for 3 hours. Imo he must leave soon, there could be an attempt on his life inside this court.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">PTI Chairman <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ImranKhanPTI</a> exclusive video message: Get ready for peaceful protest. I am illegally detained for last 3 hours despite my bail being approved. <a href="https://t.co/vYwjOvXg0v">pic.twitter.com/vYwjOvXg0v</a></p>— PTI (@PTIofficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/PTIofficial/status/1657070992613572621?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 12, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Indian media is reporting that a large number of mid ranking army officers refused to fire at PTI supporters.

[MENTION=138771]Firebat[/MENTION] thanks again.

Imran in car explaining how he managed to get out of the court.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">PTI Chairman <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ImranKhanPTI</a>’s exclusive message: <a href="https://t.co/EaBG3Nd3I1">pic.twitter.com/EaBG3Nd3I1</a></p>— PTI (@PTIofficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/PTIofficial/status/1657084797615759366?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 12, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Indian media is reporting that a large number of mid ranking army officers refused to fire at PTI supporters.

At least half a dozen for sure, possibly more.

When a person is so popular, he will have popularity in all institutions inc the armed forces.

This will now brew into infighting resulting in a change in the armed forces, one way or another.

Imran is illegally being held in the court for 3 hours. Imo he must leave soon, there could be an attempt on his life inside this court.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">PTI Chairman <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ImranKhanPTI</a> exclusive video message: Get ready for peaceful protest. I am illegally detained for last 3 hours despite my bail being approved. <a href="https://t.co/vYwjOvXg0v">pic.twitter.com/vYwjOvXg0v</a></p>— PTI (@PTIofficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/PTIofficial/status/1657070992613572621?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 12, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What a hypocrite

You should have surrendered the first time they came knocking for you and now you are crying about law and order not being followed?!

What a hypocrite

You should have surrendered the first time they came knocking for you and now you are crying about law and order not being followed?!

When has Imran ever abducted someone, detained them illegal while torturing them?

You've been crying with hate against Imran for a while. Who is YOUR HERO who you think could do a better job?

When has Imran ever abducted someone, detained them illegal while torturing them?

You've been crying with hate against Imran for a while. Who is YOUR HERO who you think could do a better job?

I have no hero but I’m not sold on this man and his way of doing things.

I have no hero but I’m not sold on this man and his way of doing things.

Youre are spewing venom and hate, this isnt being not sold. Never mind.

All other PTI members and public should be freed now.

Youre are spewing venom and hate, this isnt being not sold. Never mind.

All other PTI members and public should be freed now.

I’m calling a spade a spade

Simple as that. Yes, for PTI supporters it might come across as spewing venom. They don’t appreciate people showing them the mirror because in their ideology they just cannot be wrong!

I’m calling a spade a spade

Simple as that. Yes, for PTI supporters it might come across as spewing venom. They don’t appreciate people showing them the mirror because in their ideology they just cannot be wrong!

You're boring but ok, lets have a debate since you have time as do I.

1. What is your issue with Imran?
2. Who is better to lead Pakistan?
3. Who do you support?

You're boring but ok, lets have a debate since you have time as do I.

1. What is your issue with Imran?
2. Who is better to lead Pakistan?
3. Who do you support?

Sounds like I’m talking to one of those jobless youths at avensfield

1. No issues with Imran

2. Couldn’t care less

3. No personal preference. But the Imran Messiah thing is an absolute joke

Sounds like I’m talking to one of those jobless youths at avensfield

1. No issues with Imran

2. Couldn’t care less

3. No personal preference. But the Imran Messiah thing is an absolute joke

In short you dont have the ability, knowledge or education to debate. You are even confused as to why you are spewing hate towards Imran :))

Stay off the pop mate.

In short you dont have the ability, knowledge or education to debate. You are even confused as to why you are spewing hate towards Imran :))

Stay off the pop mate.

It's called brainwashed and lack of critical thinking. The very definition of why someone cannot explain why they believe in something.

This is the problem with the younger generation who rely on social media feeds - no battery - no thinking/knowledge.

It's called brainwashed and lack of critical thinking. The very definition of why someone cannot explain why they believe in something.

This is the problem with the younger generation who rely on social media feeds - no battery - no thinking/knowledge.

Tbf ALL anti Imran guys are confused. There are others who are supporters of Sharif or Zardari living in Pakistan but admit they are struggling with finances and scared of their future. The logical thing would be for such guys to support someone who actually wants to improve the chances of you having a better future.

One of the main reasons Imran gave up a billionaire life in the UK was to set in place a better future for the youth of Pakistan, hence why so many youth support him.

Imo such young people dont deserve a better future.

Tbf ALL anti Imran guys are confused. There are others who are supporters of Sharif or Zardari living in Pakistan but admit they are struggling with finances and scared of their future. The logical thing would be for such guys to support someone who actually wants to improve the chances of you having a better future.

One of the main reasons Imran gave up a billionaire life in the UK was to set in place a better future for the youth of Pakistan, hence why so many youth support him.

Imo such young people dont deserve a better future.

Yes, but in a day and age of convince, it is easier to collect ill-gains through corruption rather than a long hard stretch of honest work.

The born of today just do understand what honest hard graft is.

And khan has realized it that he is getting stronger after seeing the public reaction on his capture. Khan is giving them a kick in the bu...ts,

Yes, but in a day and age of convince, it is easier to collect ill-gains through corruption rather than a long hard stretch of honest work.

The born of today just do understand what honest hard graft is.

They would rather sit back broke and lay the blame on others instead of being men and accepting truth & reality.

Acc to some reports.

Imran Khan was taken out of the high court by SSG who intervened as Isb Police were firing outside attempting to scare IK and his security. SSG escorted IK home.

IF this is true, huge turnaround. The SSG are elite, they do not get involved unless its a national security threat. For them to protect , possibly saving his life and getting him home safe says someone high up in the armed forces has intervened.

Imran Khan meeting friends and family arriving home. :)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Imran Khan Meeting his family at Zaman Park. <a href="https://t.co/bAGglt4JmK">pic.twitter.com/bAGglt4JmK</a></p>— Ihtisham Ul Haq (@iihtishamm) <a href="https://twitter.com/iihtishamm/status/1657150064215638017?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 12, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And be content with knowing they are being brainwashed by MSM. Absolute definition of pathetic.

Maybe they feel solace in the vomited norm. Yet there are other poor people who despite their problems will reject the narrative of the MSM whether in UK or Pak.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">�� Zaman Park ����<br><br>(signing out) <a href="https://t.co/FTvVvUZ4VG">pic.twitter.com/FTvVvUZ4VG</a></p>— Azhar Mashwani (@MashwaniAzhar) <a href="https://twitter.com/MashwaniAzhar/status/1657149273224486912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 12, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Acc to some reports.

Imran Khan was taken out of the high court by SSG who intervened as Isb Police were firing outside attempting to scare IK and his security. SSG escorted IK home.

IF this is true, huge turnaround. The SSG are elite, they do not get involved unless its a national security threat. For them to protect , possibly saving his life and getting him home safe says someone high up in the armed forces has intervened.

These rumors have been refuted by youtuber Adil Raja. I trust his sources more than most.

Brilliant interview by a well-spoken person

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">PTI <a href="https://twitter.com/ShandanaGulzar?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ShandanaGulzar</a>'s brief Interview to <a href="https://twitter.com/BBCWorld?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BBCWorld</a> regarding the fascism unleashed by PDM regime on PTI leadership & illegal abduction of Chairman PTI Imran Khan<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThisWasNotOnTV?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ThisWasNotOnTV</a><br> <a href="https://t.co/iBlTnIFQ0N">pic.twitter.com/iBlTnIFQ0N</a></p>— PTI (@PTIofficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/PTIofficial/status/1657310273462497282?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 13, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Brilliant interview by a well-spoken person..

Shandana makes me believe that there is something past Imran in PTI. SHE is the most articulate female leader in Pakistan, and the nation needs such strong political figures representing them at a global stage.

ISLAMABAD: Former prime minister Imran Khan’s legal team got in touch with him after his arrest from the Islamabad High Court this week, said one of his senior counsels on Friday, as the national anti-graft watchdog interrogated him over the allegations of receiving a land worth millions of dollars in bribe from a real estate tycoon.

Khan was whisked away by paramilitary Rangers from the judicial complex in Islamabad on Tuesday on the instructions of Pakistan’s National Accountability Bureau (NAB) after the ex-premier arrived at the court for appearance in two different cases.

The arrest sparked violent protests by supporters of Khan’s Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party across the country, many of whom stormed government buildings, including the official residence of a top army general, and set public property on fire, demanding his release.

Khan himself was detained at the heavily guarded Police Lines headquarters in Islamabad where he was brought before a judge who sanctioned his eight-day physical remand in NAB custody. Prior to that, senior PTI members told the media the former prime minister’s lawyers were not given access to him.

Khan’s legal team also questioned the legality of the proceedings against him as they decided to challenge them before the superior judiciary.

“He was kept in the dark; dark means [that he had] no television,” Babar Awan, a senior Khan counsel, told Arab News, describing the ex-premier’s situation in captivity.

“When I spoke to him, he said ‘I will not ask for any facility’.”

Khan was different from leaders of other political parties who asked for amenities to make life comfortable under similar circumstances, Awan said.

Asked if his statement implied that he was in contact with Khan during custody, he replied, after a brief pause: “Yes, I live in this city ... We find ways of how to connect.”

Khan’s arrest on court premises was declared unlawful on Thursday by the Supreme Court, while the Islamabad High Court (IHC) granted two-week bail on Friday. The IHC also ordered Khan could not be arrested before Monday in any case.

Khan has become entangled in a slew of legal allegations — a frequent hazard for opposition figures in Pakistan — since he was ousted from power in April last year.

In an informal conversation with journalists at the IHC on Friday, Khan said NAB authorities had allowed him to use a landline to speak to his wife.

The question was raised in the wake of an audio leak of his purported phone call with a party colleague, Musarrat Jamshed Cheema, which he allegedly made to instruct his party to challenge his arrest in the Supreme Court.

Awan told Arab News Khan had not met anyone from the country’s powerful security establishment while in custody.

He said the “interrogation was exclusively conducted by NAB,” adding that there was nothing to ask, though, since all the institutions Khan built, including the Shaukat Khanum Hospital and Al-Qadir University, had not been his personal ventures.

Awan maintained all these institutions had their independent boards, and Khan could neither influence or appoint anyone nor utilize any funds raised in their name.

“Not even a penny goes into his pocket,” he said.

Khan in January admitted to investing around $3 million Shaukat Khanum Memorial Trust (SKMT) funds in a private housing project, though he said the money was later returned.

Asked if the PTI could be proscribed after the violent protests that followed its leader’s arrest, he dismissed the notion.

“This is not the job of the government,” he said. “It is the job of the Supreme Court and it is written in the constitution.”

Awan contended the top court was aware of its responsibilities and it had already said that it “wanted to see Imran Khan in mainstream politics.”

Khan’s counsel, however, was non-committal, when asked if the ex-premier would cooperate with the authorities if they summoned him to probe corruption allegations. It should be them who should cooperate with his client instead, he added.

“They say they can’t control [people],” he said. “Enable him [Khan] to control [them]. Don’t make more cases. There are already enough [of them against him].”

Awan was also reticent when asked how his party wanted to capitalize on May 14, designated by the Supreme Court as the election date in Pakistan’s most populous Punjab province, since the government had clearly dismissed the ruling to hold voting on the said date.

“This bridge is about to be crossed,” he said.

https://www.arabnews.pk/node/2302581/pakistan

Imran Khan, the chairman of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), has filed a petition seeking a fresh report containing any undisclosed or new FIRs registered against him since his "illegal detention" by NAB on May 9.

He has asked for the concerned quarters to be restrained from arresting him in any case without prior permission from the court.

Barrister Salman Safdar filed the petition on behalf of Khan, making respondents to Inspector General Police (IGP) Punjab and the state through Advocate General Punjab.

In the petition, Safdar contended that more than 100 “politically motivated and unlawful FIRs” have been lodged against Khan alone, with hundreds of such “fabricated FIRs” filed against the leaders and workers of PTI.

He added that thousands have been picked up and illegally detained, while the whereabouts of many are unknown, which amounts to grave violations of Khan's rights under Articles 4, 9, 10-A, and others.

Through the petition, Khan seeks the protection of the court from the assault on fundamental rights launched by an executive of this country in furtherance of the most constitutionally abhorrent objective: to prevent or delay elections required by the Constitution to ensure that the largest political party in Pakistan may be prevented from participating or winning such elections.

He implored that the extraordinary nature of the attack on the fundamental rights of one of the largest political parties of the country involves violations of their rights to life and liberty, fair trial, dignity, and privacy of home, movement, assembly, association, speech, and equal treatment guaranteed under different articles, including 25 of the Constitution. The intervention of the court is required to protect and enforce the fundamental rights and the rule of law, he added.

The petitioner's political struggle has always been to establish democracy and equity of law in the country and to eliminate the menace of corruption. The elections are to be held in Punjab and K-P assemblies as per the constitutional mandate, and PTI has geared up for the elections with overwhelming public support behind it.

The petition stated that Khan, his party's top leadership, and workers have been made subject to political victimisation by rival political parties by implicating them in false and forged cases. Khan has been granted bail from all cases, while a pre-arrest bail was also fixed before May 9 when National Accountability Bureau (NAB) authorities attacked the biometric office and illegally arrested Khan when he was present in the biometric room for a thumb impression in another criminal case registered against him in Margala police station.

It said that around a hundred security personnel (Rangers) attacked the biometric room and vandalised and ransacked the room in the court premises in order to execute a warrant of arrest reportedly issued by the NAB authorities.

After the unlawful arrest of Khan, a law and order situation was observed across Pakistan. The petitioner has learned that a number of criminal cases (undisclosed) have been registered against him, and there is a strong apprehension that he may be unjustifiably arrested again in mentioned undisclosed new criminal cases registered on or after May 9, 2023.

IMRAN KHAN’S ARREST FROM COURT AN ILL-CONCEIVED ACT: SHAHID KHAQAN

Former prime minister and PML-N leader Shahid Khaqan Abbasi on Monday said that the arrest of Imran Khan from court premises was an ill-conceived act, ARY News reported.

“Traditions have prime significance,” talking to media former PM said.

“A man has been under investigation in a NAB case, he should be granted bail,” Abbasi said. “The court has said that he could not be arrested in any case,” he said.

“I suggest an easy way-out to the Supreme Court; dissolve the NAB,” he said.

Former prime minister said,” there are different criteria for Nawaz Sharif, Shehbaz Sharif, Shahid Khaqan and Imran Khan.”

“This case against me has passed three years so far,” he said. “The country have several other problems,” he said. “People have lost their belief in the system of justice,” he observed.

“Now the military installations are not safe, the court should have taken suo moto notice of the incident,” he added.

ARY

Imran’s wife approaches LHC for protective bail in Al-Qadir Trust case

Bushra Bibi, the wife of PTI Chairman Imran Khan, has approached the Lahore High Court (LHC) seeking protective bail in the Al-Qadir Trust case.

The petition, a copy of which is available with Dawn.com was submitted by lawyers Khawaja Harris, Intezar Panjutha and Ali Ijaz. The federal government and the National Accountability Bureau have been named as respondents in the case.

Bushra Bibi will appear in the LHC for the protective and the PTI chairman may also accompany her.

Imran’s wife approaches LHC for protective bail in Al-Qadir Trust case

Bushra Bibi, the wife of PTI Chairman Imran Khan, has approached the Lahore High Court (LHC) seeking protective bail in the Al-Qadir Trust case.

The petition, a copy of which is available with Dawn.com was submitted by lawyers Khawaja Harris, Intezar Panjutha and Ali Ijaz. The federal government and the National Accountability Bureau have been named as respondents in the case.

Bushra Bibi will appear in the LHC for the protective and the PTI chairman may also accompany her.

LHC grants Bushra Bibi protective bail till May 23 in Al-Qadir Trust case

The Lahore High Court has granted protective bail to former first lady Bushra Bibi till May 23 in the Al-Qadir Trust case.

PTI Chairman Imran Khan accompanied his wife to the court.

interesting, now pti supporters are not complaining about lahore high court....

why give protective bail to this corrupt women? Protection against what?

interesting, now pti supporters are not complaining about lahore high court....

why give protective bail to this corrupt women? Protection against what?

Are you the judge in LHC?

Maybe file a petition and check?

Are you the judge in LHC?

Maybe file a petition and check?

i dont need to be a judge to read the investigative journalism of Dawn and be able to conclude that she is a corrupt women along with her husband. Both laundered money for the establishment

LHC reserves verdict on Imran’s plea against arrest in cases registered on or after May 9

The Lahore High Court (LHC) has reserved its verdict on PTI Chairman Imran Khan’s plea against his arrest in any case registered on or after May 9, when he was arrested from the Islamabad High Court premises in the Al-Qadir Trust case.

At the outset of the hearing, Justice Safdar Saleem Shahid inquired about the PTI chief’s whereabouts.

His lawyer, Barrister Salman Safdar, informed the court that his client did not have protective bail. He said that if the court desired, his client could be presented after 11am. He said that Imran was not seeking protective bail and asked for the case to be sent to a larger bench.

The court subsequently reserved its verdict.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PDMPropagandaBusted?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PDMPropagandaBusted</a> on Al-Qadir University Project <a href="https://t.co/0mng4DA9Q0">https://t.co/0mng4DA9Q0</a></p>— PTI (@PTIofficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/PTIofficial/status/1658508001756446720?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 16, 2023</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

IHC extends order barring Imran’s arrest in new cases till May 31

The Islamabad High Court (IHC) has extended its order to prevent the arrest of Imran Khan in cases filed against him after May 9. The extension is effective until May 31.

Imran’s lawyer, Barrister Gohar, represented him in court today. The government’s lawyer requested more time to provide information about the cases filed against the PTI chief.

The court granted the request and adjourned the hearing until May 31.

IHC extends order barring Imran’s arrest in new cases till May 31

The Islamabad High Court (IHC) has extended its order to prevent the arrest of Imran Khan in cases filed against him after May 9. The extension is effective until May 31.

Imran’s lawyer, Barrister Gohar, represented him in court today. The government’s lawyer requested more time to provide information about the cases filed against the PTI chief.

The court granted the request and adjourned the hearing until May 31.

But he can still be arrested for the Al-Qadir one in two weeks?

NAB has summoned Imran, wife in Al-Qadir Trust case today

The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) served summons on PTI chairman Imran Khan and his wife Bushra to join the investigation in the Al-Qadir Trust case today.

A two-member NAB team served the summons at the Zaman Park residence.

Asked whether the former premier and his spouse would join the investigation in which he was arrested and later released on bail, a PTI leader told Dawn that the PTI chief has not yet decided to attend the NAB proceedings.

NAB summons Sheikh Rashid on May 24
Asks former minister to bring minutes of cabinet committee’s meeting held on Dec 3, 2019

The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Rawalpindi has summoned Awami Muslim League (AML) chief Sheikh Rashid in connection with its investigation into the NCA scandal on May 24.

The anti-graft authority issued a call-up notice to the former federal minister on Wednesday and instructed him to bring all relevant documents, including the minutes of the cabinet committee’s meeting held on December 3, 2019.

A day earlier, on Tuesday, NAB asked former prime minister Imran Khan to appear before its investigators on May 18 [today] in connection with the NCA case which was earlier named as the Al-Qadir Trust case.

The “NCA” stands for Britain’s National Crime Agency.

NAB asked Imran to appear in person along with relevant documents at NAB’s Rawalpindi office at 10am today. It also summoned Mirza Shahzad Akbar, who served as Imran’s accountability aide, asking him to appear at NAB’s Rawalpindi office on May 22 in connection with the same case.

In a video message issued on social media, Rashid said he is grateful to NAB that it nominated him in a case along with Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan involving 190 million pounds.

The AML chief said he will fight his “war” within the framework of the Constitution and law. “I will remain steadfast like a rock. Truth and only truth will prevail,” he said.

Express Tribune

Imran skips NAB hearing in Al-Qadir Trust case

PTI Chairman Imran Khan has skipped appearing before the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in the Al-Qadir Trust case, Dawn.com correspondent Ali Waqar reported.

Imran had been summoned at 10am today but his legal team had advised him to not appear in person and submit a written response instead.

Imran submits written response to NAB in Al-Qadir Trust case

PTI Chairman Imran Khan has submitted a written response to the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in connection with the Al-Qadir Trust case. The ex-premier had been summoned by the graft watchdog earlier today.

In the written response, a copy of which is available with Dawn.com, said that it was not possible for him to appear before NAB Rawalpindi and join the investigation as he was in Lahore and in the process of obtaining bail in a multitude of cases.

Imran went on to say that all the allegations made by the graft watchdog in the call-up notice were “absolutely false, frivolous and concocted and based on deliberate misconception of law and facts, and baseless conjectures and surmises”.

The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Friday summoned PTI chairman and deposed premier Imran Khan on May 23 at 10am at its Rawalpindi headquarters again in a scandal involving £190 million -- earlier known as the Al-Qadir Trust case.

The anti-graft body summoned the former premier on May 18 too in connection with the case retitled from the ‘Al-Qadir Trust reference' to ‘National Crime Agency £190 million scandal’ but he skipped it.

In his written reply, Imran had maintained that the amended National Accountability Ordinance was in conflict with the Constitution.

The PTI chief requested NAB to send him an inquiry report.

He termed the transformation of an inquiry into an investigation in contradiction with the law.

“I’m currently in Lahore to secure bails in various cases on the orders of the IHC till May 22, therefore cannot appear before NAB in person,” Imran wrote in his reply.

He alleged that the motive behind turning an inquiry into an investigation was to politically victimise him.

A two-member team of NAB Lahore visited Imran’s Zaman Park residence in the city and returned after delivering the notice.

Speaking on the occasion, one of the NAB officials told the media that they had arrived to hand over the summon in connection with the £190 million scandal.

He added that Imran’s lawyers had received the notice.

On May 9, Imran was arrested in connection with the case from the premises of the Islamabad High Court by dozens of Rangers personnel, triggering countrywide protests.

However, on May 11, the Supreme Court came to his rescue, declaring that his arrest was “illegal” and ordered his release.

On May 12, the Islamabad High Court stopped the authorities from arresting the PTI chairman in any case, including undisclosed ones, filed against him anywhere in the country till May 15.

It also granted the PTI chief interim bail for two weeks in the Al-Qadir Trust case.

NAB launched an investigation against Imran, his wife Bushra Bibi and others for the alleged gain of hundreds of canals of land in the name of Al-Qadir University Trust, which reportedly caused a loss of £190 million to the national exchequer.

According to the charges, the deposed premier and others allegedly adjusted Rs50 billion -- £190 million at the time -- sent by Britain’s National Crime Agency (NCA) to the government.

They also face charges of receiving undue benefits in the form of over 458 kanals of land at Mouza Bakrala in Sohawa to set up the Al-Qadir University.

During the PTI government, Britain's NCA seized assets worth £190 million from a property tycoon in Britain.

The agency said the assets would be passed to the Pakistani government.

It added that the settlement with the Pakistani property tycoon was “a civil matter, and does not represent a finding of guilt”.

Later, then prime minister Imran acquired approval of the settlement with the Britain’s crime agency from his cabinet on December 3, 2019, without disclosing the details of the confidential agreement.

It was decided that the money would be submitted to the Supreme Court on behalf of the tycoon.

DAWN

PTI Chairman Imran Khan on Saturday agreed to attend the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) office in Rawalpindi on May 23 (Tuesday) in connection with a scandal involving £190 million -- earlier known as the Al-Qadir Trust case.

In response to NAB’s summon, Imran wrote back that he would be in Islamabad for the hearing of different cases against him.

He added that he would be able to attend the NAB headquarters in Rawalpindi at 11am after he was done with the court hearings.

The PTI chief also demanded that the inquiry report of the matter or its copy should be provided to his lawyer immediately.

A day earlier, NAB issued a call-up notice to the PTI chairman for May 23 at 10am at its Rawalpindi headquarters.

The anti-graft body summoned the former premier on May 18 too in connection with the case retitled from the ‘Al-Qadir Trust reference’ to ‘National Crime Agency £190 million scandal’ but he skipped it.

On Friday, a two-member team of NAB Lahore visited Imran’s Zaman Park residence in the city and returned after delivering the notice.

Speaking on the occasion, one of the NAB officials told the media that they had arrived to hand over the summon in connection with the £190 million scandal.

He added that Imran’s lawyers had received the notice.

On May 9, Imran was arrested in connection with the case from the premises of the Islamabad High Court by dozens of Rangers personnel, triggering countrywide protests.

However, on May 11, the Supreme Court came to his rescue, declaring that his arrest was “illegal” and ordered his release.

On May 12, the Islamabad High Court stopped the authorities from arresting the PTI chairman in any case, including undisclosed ones, filed against him anywhere in the country till May 15.

It also granted the PTI chief interim bail for two weeks in the Al-Qadir Trust case.

NAB launched an investigation against Imran, his wife Bushra Bibi and others for the alleged gain of hundreds of canals of land in the name of Al-Qadir University Trust, which reportedly caused a loss of £190 million to the national exchequer.

According to the charges, the deposed premier and others allegedly adjusted Rs50 billion -- £190 million at the time – sent by Britain’s National Crime Agency (NCA) to the government.

They also face charges of receiving undue benefits in the form of over 458 kanals of land at Mouza Bakrala in Sohawa to set up the Al-Qadir University.

During the PTI government, Britain’s NCA seized assets worth £190 million from a property tycoon in Britain.

The agency said the assets would be passed on to the Pakistani government.

It added that the settlement with the Pakistani property tycoon was “a civil matter, and does not represent a finding of guilt”.

Later, then prime minister Imran acquired the approval of the settlement with Britain’s crime agency from his cabinet on December 3, 2019, without disclosing the details of the confidential agreement.

It was decided that the money would be submitted to the Supreme Court on behalf of the tycoon.

Express Tribune

Bushra Bibi – wife of former premier and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan – got pre-arrest bail in Al-Qadir Trust case from accountability court, ARY News reported on Tuesday.

According to the details, the case hearing took place in the Islamabad Accountability Court, with Judge Muhammad Bashir presiding over the proceedings.

The accountability court approved the pre-arrest bail plea to the wife of PTI chief Imran Khan till May 31 and directed to submit a surety bond of Rs 500,000.

The court also issued a notice to the investigating officer, indicating that the scrutiny of evidence and to continue the investigations.

It is pertinent to mention here that Lahore High Court (LHC) has granted security bail to Bushra Bibi till May 23 in Al-Qadir Trust case and directed Bushra Bibi to approach the relevant court by due date.

ARY

Islamabad ATC grants Imran bail in 8 cases related to Judicial Complex violence

An anti-terrorism court in Islamabad on Tuesday granted PTI chief Imran Khan bail in eight cases pertaining to the violence at the Judicial Complex.

The court approved the bail, while hearing the PTI chief’s plea, till June 8.

The former premier is also expected to appear before the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in Islamabad later today in connection with the Al-Qadir Trust case.

Meanwhile, an accountability court has granted bail to Bushra Bibi, the wife of Imran Khan, in the Al Qadir Trust case until May 31. Earlier in the day, she filed a plea with the court, seeking bail to prevent her arrest by the NAB.

Imran has already stated that he sees “80 per cent chances” of his arrest when he will be in the capital for his court hearings.

During a session on Twitter Spaces last night, however, Imran called on his supporters to remain peaceful in case he is taken into custody. “I urge people to remain peaceful because if you get violent, they will get a chance to crack down again. We have to always protest peacefully,” he said.

The PTI chairman claimed the chances of his arrest were “high” even though he had secured bail in all cases. “I have all the bails required but the situation is such that they can arrest me again,” he said.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1755219/i...ht-cases-related-to-judicial-complex-violence

PTI Chairman Imran Khan on Tuesday spent nearly four hours at the National Accountability Bureau’s Rawalpindi office in connection with the probe in the Al-Qadir Trust case.

The case alleges that the former premier and his wife obtained billions of rupees and land worth hundreds of kanals from Bahria Town Ltd for legalising Rs50 billion, which was later identified and returned to the country by the UK during the tenure of the PTI government.

The PTI chief and his wife, Bushra Bibi, arrived at the NAB office a little after noon. Ahead of their arrival, security outside the bureau was tightened.

While Imran was inside the accountability watchdog’s office, his wife waited outside in the former premier’s bullet-proof vehicle, DawnNewsTV reported.

During the investigation, the NAB’s Combined Investigation Team (CIT) gave the PTI chief a questionnaire pertaining to the case. The questionnaire, a copy of which is available with Dawn.com, seeks answers to the following questions:

In December 2019, why was a summary prepared for the approval of the return of illegal money from the UK?
In December 2019, why was the approval for surrendering the return of illegal money from the UK given?
Why was the land for Al Qadir University and other monetary benefits taken from the suspect in return?
Why was the power abused while sitting in the highest public office role?
Why were monetary benefits obtained from the suspects by abusing power?
Why was a criminal act committed by returning the illegal amount from the UK to the suspects?
Why were the letters and correspondence with the British National Crime Agency kept secret?
Why was the summary for the East Recovery Unit kept secret?
Imran was whisked away from the Islamabad High Court (IHC) premises by paramilitary forces in connection with the case on May 9, leading to violent protests across the country.

The PTI chief had immediately approached the high court for release but it had declared his arrest legal. However, following the Supreme Court’s verdict of the arrest being unlawful, he was released.

Meanwhile, earlier today, an accountability court granted bail to Imran’s wife, Bushra Bibi, in the same case until May 31.

The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Wednesday granted three-day protective bail to Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan in the Al-Qadir Trust case.

Justice Mohsin Gul Hasan Aurangzeb and Justice Saman Rifat Imtiaz presided over the hearing of the case. Imran's counsel Khawaja Haris appeared in the court as well as National Accountability Bureau (NAB) prosecutor Muazaffar Abbassi.

At the outset of the hearing, the PTI chief's lawyer maintained that "this matter of bail will ultimately go to the accountability court because this court cannot decide this case on merit."

He added that Imran's cases are scheduled in Islamabad on June 8, requesting the court to grant bail till then.

The anti-graft body's prosecutor then made his remarks and said that the PTI chief can file a bail application in the NAB court today or tomorrow.

Subsequently, the court directed that Imran can approach NAB court in three days, adding that if the accountability court is not approached, the interim bail will become ineffective on June 5 (Monday).

Earlier in the day, for his appearance today, the former prime minister received permission to bring his vehicle inside the judicial complex premises where Judge Muhammad Bashir will hear the bail application.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I have decided to file a Rs 15 Billion Defamation Suit, against Chairman, NAB. I have served Legal Notice upon him.<br><br>My Arrest Warrant was issued on a public holiday and was kept in secrecy for eight days. I was not informed about conversion of Al-Qadir Trust Case Inquiry into…</p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1664484777133744129?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 2, 2023</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cabinet committee recommends names of Imran, others be placed on ECL in Al-Qadir Trust case

A subcommittee of the federal cabinet on Wednesday recommended placing the names of PTI Chairman Imran Khan and 28 others on the Exit Control List (ECL) in the Al-Qadir Trust case.

The case alleges that the ex-premier and his wife, Bushra Bibi, obtained billions of rupees and land worth hundreds of kanals from Bahria Town Ltd for legalising Rs50 billion that was identified and returned to the country by the UK during the previous PTI government.

Imran was initially arrested in the said case earlier this year from the premises of the Islamabad High Court but was later released after the Supreme Court declared the arrest unlawful.

On Nov 14, the PTI chief, who is already imprisoned in Adiala Jail in the cipher case, was again arrested by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in the Al-Qadir Trust case. He was then handed over to the watchdog on physical remand.

In a post on X (formerly Twitter), the Ministry of Interior said a meeting of the subcommittee of the federal cabinet was held today. It was attended by interim Interior Minister Sarfraz Bugti and officials of other departments.

“The committee recommended putting the names of 41 people sent by various departments and institutions on the ECL. On the recommendation of NAB, names of 29 people, including Imran Khan, were recommended to be put on the ECL in the £190 million scandal,” it said.

Separately, recommendations were also made to remove 13 cases from the list. The ministry said courts had sought the removal of seven names from the ECL and “of the appeals submitted for revision, it was recommended to remove the names of three people from the ECL”.

It added that the recommendations of the committee have been sent to the federal cabinet for approval.

Earlier this year, the then-PDM government had placed Imran, his wife Bushra Bibi and dozens of party leaders and activists on the Provisional National Identification List (PNIL) — a controversial substitute for the ECL.

The decision was taken in the aftermath of the May 9 riots that erupted across the country after Imran’s arrest in the Al-Qadir Trust case, and different corruption cases, official sources had told Dawn.

Source: DAWN

One day, he gets a relief in one case and the next day he gets another charge in some other case.

Back