[VIDEOS/PICTURES] IHC grants Imran bail for 2 weeks in Al-Qadir Trust case

Kleenex shares have rocketed on the news the SC has declared IK's arrest was illegal.

His haters were demanding Aloe Vera coated tissues.

Gracious to the hilt.

==

Imran asks supporters to remain peaceful

After the CJP passed the order, Imran, while still in the court, said that no harm should be brought to the country and asked his supporters to remain peaceful.

“We only want elections in the country,” he maintained.

The PTI chief stated that he was told by his lawyers a day earlier that “there is anarchy in the country”.

He further said that people approached the court for justice, but contended that he was instead struck in the head. “Even murderers are not treated this way,” Imran stated.

The PTI chief went on to say that he was unaware of what was happening in the country. “I was caught as if I am a terrorist,” he decried and asked, “How am I responsible for the protests?”

He will be arrested again tomorrow. No respite!

He can't be arrested on that warrant as it has been declared illegal. I believe he can't be arrested for that case as they are still investigating.

If they create a new masla then maybe. But i doubt they will.

I think we have to be clear that what happened over the last two days has shaken alot of these politicians and the risks jave suddenly gone up. They will think of some other idiocy.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">PTI Chairman <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ImranKhanPTI</a> in Supreme Court today. His arrest has been declared illegal. <a href="https://t.co/ewwwIRfqaz">pic.twitter.com/ewwwIRfqaz</a></p>— PTI (@PTIofficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/PTIofficial/status/1656645599360368641?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 11, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He can't be arrested on that warrant as it has been declared illegal. I believe he can't be arrested for that case as they are still investigating.

I think we have to be clear that what happened over the last two days has shaken alot of these politicians and the risks jave suddenly gone up. They will think of some other idiocy.

I guess it’s shaken up Khan too.

Better watch what he says now going forward

I guess it’s shaken up Khan too.

Better watch what he says now going forward

Nothing stops Imran Khan - this guy is made of steel - and with Allah (swt) help he will not be harmed, Inshallah

That guy in London who can't even step into his own country thought he could fashion Imran's demise but he has no idea who he is dealing with.

Nothing stops Imran Khan - this guy is made of steel - and with Allah (swt) help he will not be harmed, Inshallah

That guy in London who can't even step into his own country thought he could fashion Imran's demise but he has no idea who he is dealing with.

I think he knows exactly what he’s dealing with. It’s Imran who’s underestimating the Army. His key generals knew to zip it as well in the last 48 hours also

yes he can still be arrested. If IHC gives a verdict tomr of finding him guilty he will be arrested. THe current warrant was delcared illegal cause the arrest happened before court proceedings took place.

Its not really Imran vs Sharifs now. Sharifs dont give a two hoot.

Its basically Imran vs Army. Because they are trying to get him declared as a terrorist if he wins, than Munir will get sacked by him.

Everyone else is just watching.

I have a feeling this release verdict will be the same as Pakistan’s short stay at the top of the ODI rankings

ALso, the supreme court never said the warrant was illegal, they said they will not rule on legality of arrest warrant.

He can still be arrested tomr after hearing

Its not really Imran vs Sharifs now. Sharifs dont give a two hoot.

Its basically Imran vs Army. Because they are trying to get him declared as a terrorist if he wins, than Munir will get sacked by him.

Everyone else is just watching.

Sharifs are running for their lives

24 hours Khan

Run if you can

he cant run, sc said stay in police lines society guesthouse. He wanted to go home but not allowed, even any guest he meet will first be informed than allowed

I think he knows exactly what he’s dealing with. It’s Imran who’s underestimating the Army. His key generals knew to zip it as well in the last 48 hours also

He hasn't underestimated the army. He knows they are sold and are the ***** of the mafia.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">PTI Chairman <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ImranKhanPTI</a> in Supreme Court today. His arrest has been declared illegal. <a href="https://t.co/ewwwIRfqaz">pic.twitter.com/ewwwIRfqaz</a></p>— PTI (@PTIofficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/PTIofficial/status/1656645599360368641?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 11, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A 70 year guy who was a victim attempted murder looks Cool as ever, no sign of fear of the mafia. Allah protects the brave. NS and Munir must be frothing at the mouth.

He aint going nowhere, he's more powerful than you actually think!

With around 70% if not higher support, he knows he has the goodwill and prays of PKs. Look at the cowards that can't leave their house. Allah gives izzat

Last edited by a moderator:
Gracious to the hilt.

==

Imran asks supporters to remain peaceful

After the CJP passed the order, Imran, while still in the court, said that no harm should be brought to the country and asked his supporters to remain peaceful.

“We only want elections in the country,” he maintained.

The PTI chief stated that he was told by his lawyers a day earlier that “there is anarchy in the country”.

He further said that people approached the court for justice, but contended that he was instead struck in the head. “Even murderers are not treated this way,” Imran stated.

The PTI chief went on to say that he was unaware of what was happening in the country. “I was caught as if I am a terrorist,” he decried and asked, “How am I responsible for the protests?”

Some idiot was asking where the proof was of IK being hit in the head. IK gave the proof and we all saw how they pushed an injured guy into the van.

All this was accurately planned by the Pakistan army. They ain't fools - they have kept hold of the country for three quarters of a century without much hassle.

Only Imran knows what has transpired between himself and the army over the last 24-36 hours, and how he behaves in the coming days will subtly indicate that. I feel a deal of some sort has been struck.

And the army has successfully lured Pakistanis to believe their Supreme Court is a good guy through the activities of the last few months. Bet that Bandial is a double agent too and is being primed for the next move.

If I were an Imran Khan supporter, I would trust nobody.

All this was accurately planned by the Pakistan army. They ain't fools - they have kept hold of the country for three quarters of a century without much hassle.

Only Imran knows what has transpired between himself and the army over the last 24-36 hours, and how he behaves in the coming days will subtly indicate that. I feel a deal of some sort has been struck.

ONly time will tell but this was the litmus test. The army really wanted to test the redline and they did and now they know. I dont think after what happened they were in any position to dictate terms or strike a deal. It should be the other way around.

IK is coming after them and they know it. He just wants election and he will bring reforms to curtail their powers.

And the army has successfully lured Pakistanis to believe their Supreme Court is a good guy through the activities of the last few months. Bet that Bandial is a double agent too and is being primed for the next move.

If I were an Imran Khan supporter, I would trust nobody.

That’s why I recon he needs to jet out if he can

But apparently he is still under police surveillance

So has he actually been released?

This is actually Naya Pak vs Army. No leader in the history of Pak without the army backing has had such a huge public support. This is the first time public has gone against army since separation in 71. If it led to civil war, it will also lead to mutiny in the army where lower ranks cannot be kept in the dark; unlike the past due to social media accessibility.

Court should have taken suo motu notice of violence during protests, says Khawaja Asif

“In his video message published prior to his arrest […] did Imran not incite and preach violence in it?

“And what was the result of that violence?

“The court should have taken notice [of the attack] on the grave of martyrs. Those graves were defaced and the army’s installations were attacked. The corps commander’s residence in Lahore was attacked.

“But no suo motu was taken and the judiciary did not raise concerns.

“However, an individual was respectfully transferred to a rest house.”

amySvjx.png

PTI workers distributing sweets at Zaman Park

PTI workers have been distributing sweets at the residence of former prime minister Imran Khan in Zaman Park shortly after the Supreme Court termed his arrest “illegal”.

The PTI supporters can also be seen talking about how always truth wins.

==

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">PTI legal team press conference by <a href="https://twitter.com/BabarAwanPK?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BabarAwanPK</a> <a href="https://t.co/hR6DdHowkQ">pic.twitter.com/hR6DdHowkQ</a></p>— PTI (@PTIofficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/PTIofficial/status/1656658685798797313?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 11, 2023</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Feel bad for the people who lost their lives for this. They will be forgotten quickly.

Imran is not a prisoner.

Imran entitled to meet 10 guests at Islamabad Police Lines: SC

The Supreme Court, in an order issued on Imran Khan’s petition against his arrest, has allowed the former prime minister to meet up to 10 guests for as long as he wants while he is at the Islamabad Police Lines Guest House.

While terming his arrest unlawful, the top court has directed Imran to stay at the Police Lines guest house until his appearance before the Islamabad High Court tomorrow.

In the order, the court said that the people meeting the PTI chairman will be subject to a security check.

Imran Khan right now:

“If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.”

:akhtar :afridi

God is good, always keep faith. Allah (swt) knows best.

Horrible night for the PJP and their supporters

Imran is not a prisoner.

Imran entitled to meet 10 guests at Islamabad Police Lines: SC

The Supreme Court, in an order issued on Imran Khan’s petition against his arrest, has allowed the former prime minister to meet up to 10 guests for as long as he wants while he is at the Islamabad Police Lines Guest House.

While terming his arrest unlawful, the top court has directed Imran to stay at the Police Lines guest house until his appearance before the Islamabad High Court tomorrow.

In the order, the court said that the people meeting the PTI chairman will be subject to a security check.

I don't trust any judges. The SC has 7 judges working for the mafia and the CJ IHC is perhaps the most corrupt CJ ever seen in PK, and that is going some especially when your remember the LHC and the 50 rp bail

Last edited:
The Army is playing chess. Arrest.... Gauge the mood... release via SC....door open to arrest again tommorow. Hopefully Imran has proper advisers.

I don't want to offend PTI supporters here but that Fawad Choudhary and SMQ don't exactly inspire confidence as great planners.

Funny
High Court says it’s a legal arrest.

Supreme Court says it’s an illegal arrest and sends him back to the same high court.

It’s a joke!

I think he will now be arrested OUTSIDE the high court (by the same goons) to abide by the orders of Supreme Court.

We need a coup within the army. Some brave and honest group of officers need to stand up and get rid of this criminal mafia of Army chief and his friends.

Funny

Supreme Court says it’s an illegal arrest and sends him back to the same high court.

It’s a joke!

I think he will now be arrested OUTSIDE the high court (by the same goons) to abide by the orders of Supreme Court.

We need a coup within the army. Some brave and honest group of officers need to stand up and get rid of this criminal mafia of Army chief and his friends.

Let's see if Babar Sattar is one of the judges tomorrow. The 2 judges that Nani as corrupt as they come. Nooras told everyone The witch would be let off because they knew these 2 losers. I agree that this is a tactic to arrest him and cover up the ISi kidnapping of IK because dirty Harry got angry after IKs comments on Sunday

Funny

It’s a joke!

i think you need to understand the whole court process.

Case is in high not in supreme court, case hearing needs to happen first before appeals can be filed

As far as I can see,

He entered in a black Mercedes s class from 2005 and left in the same one. Not sure how the picture proves he entered as a prisoner and left as a guest?

to be fair, when they arrested him, they battered him pretty bad.

As far as I can see,

He entered in a black Mercedes s class from 2005 and left in the same one. Not sure how the picture proves he entered as a prisoner and left as a guest?

Read the captions. Both photos are of the same thing, him leaving as a guest. It's not claiming to show him entering as a prisoner.

Is everyone’s phone being recorded, almost everytime I open Dawn some audio leak news is present.

Pakistan must have the best spy network that records any citizen it wants.

PRESIDENT DR ARIF ALVI REACHES POLICE LINES TO MEET IMRAN KHAN

President Dr Arif Alvi has reached Police Lines Guest House to meet former premier and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan, ARY News reported on Thursday.

President Alvi will meet Imran Khan after he was released on the directives of the Supreme Court (SC) and sent to the Police Lines Guest House.

Earlier today, the Supreme Court of Pakistan termed Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chief Imran Khan’s arrest “illegal” minutes after the PTI chief reached Supreme Court after a three-member bench ordered the authorities to produce him before the court.

ARY

Is everyone’s phone being recorded, almost everytime I open Dawn some audio leak news is present.

Pakistan must have the best spy network that records any citizen it wants.

Unfortunately they do. There is a reason ISI is known as one of the top three in the world. Unfortunately they seem to have zero character or zero sincerity with the people. They are just looking out for their own interests.

Here is the thing.

There is no way. I mean no way Imran Khan can beat the army. Army controls the establishment and that won't change. Even if he gets released. Even if there are elections. Even if he becomes PM. There is no getting around the fact that he has to be under the shadow of the Army chief.

Now how does he restore back his trust with them ? I don't know. Don't think it's even possible. Here the economic crisis might come in handy which will force the people to get on the streets and ask him to be elected.

But there is no outcome in which I see him with absolute authority. Let's not forget. This is a watertight case of $ 190 MN corruption. It's interesting no one wants to refer to this anymore. Well Army does.

More details of the SC IK interaction

[Warning serious health risk for IK Haters :D]

==

ISLAMABAD: The Sup*reme Court on Thursday extended ‘extraordinary’ relief to PTI chief Imran Khan as a three-member bench termed his arrest on the premises of the Islamabad High Court “invalid and unlawful”.

The court directed that NAB and police would ensure “foolproof” security to Mr Khan until his production before the high court in connection with his petition against NAB in the Al Qadir Trust case.

The bench, headed by Chief Justice Umar Ata Bandial, made it clear to Imran Khan, who was produced on the apex court’s directions, that this was an extraordinary relief, never extended to other political leaders though they also suffered ordeal worse than this.

The court added it took up the case since the right to access to justice was denied and the sanctity and safety of the court were violated. The court observed that the arrest was illegal and said the entire process needed to be backtracked since a citizen enjoyed certain guarantees, particularly access to justice, on the court premises.

The CJP asked Imran Khan that being a senior leader he should consider opening up a dialogue channel with his political opponents “whom he may not like but they are a reality” as this would restore confidence among people.

A heavy contingent of the police, as well as the Rangers, was deployed outside the court on Constitution Avenue at the time of the hearing. In a blue dress and a dark blue waistcoat, Mr Khan entered Courtroom No. 1 two days after his arrest under a tight security cordon. At the outset when the ex-PM came to the rostrum, he was greeted by the CJP who welcomed him saying “Good to see you”.

Mr Khan informed the court that he had no idea what happened after his arrest, though he stated he believed whatever happened should not have happened.

‘Invalid and unlawful’

Later in a three-page order, the detailed reasons of which will come later, the apex court said the manner of execution of the arrest warrant issued by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) chairman in the Al Qadir Trust case on the IHC premises against Imran Khan was invalid and unlawful.

ISLAMABAD: Security personnel stand alert during PTI chief Imran Khan’s appearance before the Supreme Court, on Thursday.—Tanveer Shahzad / White Star
“The execution of the warrant violated Khan’s right of access to justice and the sanctity and safety of the court as he had already surrendered to the court for seeking judicial relief against the action taken by NAB in the Al Qadir Trust case.”

In this regard, the fundamental rights of the petitioner under Articles 4, 9, 10-A and 14 of the constitution have been infringed, the order said, adding the petitioner was directed to be produced before IHC on May 12 at 11am for hearing of his case filed to challenge the NAB action in the Al Qadir Trust case.

The NAB authorities and the police will ensure foolproof security to the petitioner until his production in the high court, the order said, adding the IHC registrar will place the matter before the IHC CJ for constituting a bench for hearing the case.

The court said the PTI chairman would remain at Police Lines Headquarters under the protection of the police.

It also allowed him to meet 10 guests, whose particulars will be provided by Imran Khan to the police officer concerned and subject to security check. The order will remain valid until the production of the petitioner before IHC. The apex court also made it clear that this order would not prejudice the NAB investigation in the Al-Qadir Trust case.

‘Abduction’

Mr Khan described his arrest as “abduction” stating that the shocking event was executed in a “commando style as if he was a terrorist”.

According to the ex-premier, he had no idea what had happened after his arrest since no one communicated with him. He said he met his lawyers on Wednesday who told him about the chaos. The PTI chairman said the arrest warrant was shown to him after the arrest.

“We don’t want anarchy in the country since we are a [political] party which believes in the Constitution; [we] want immediate elections,” Mr Khan said, also reminding that he called off earlier protests all the time whenever he heard about disturbances.

After the hearing, Imran Khan took a moment inside the courtroom on a sofa to meet lawyers and those who encircled him. The court declined his request to allow him to stay at his Banigala residence or to order his appearance before the high court after a few days.

Request to condemn violence

Explaining the reason behind his production order, the CJP observed that it was the “request and desire” of the court that he should condemn violence taken place after his arrest.

“We need to restore peace and calm in the country to let the constitutional machinery function smoothly,” the CJP observed, adding that being a political leader and the former prime minister, he has huge responsibility upon his shoulders to placate the charged political atmosphere.

Justice Minallah said Pakistan needed “a statesman who should rise above hate and political differences” to unite the nation for its stability. He regretted the release of a video clip soon after his arrest, inciting political workers to undermine the rule of law.

“We feel you were denied justice but more needs to be done,” Justice Minallah observed and added that Imran Khan should understand that “this was an extraordinary relief being extended to him”.

Justice Minallah also cautioned that the law will take its own course against those who had caused huge damage to the image of the country. Leaders always lead and not be led,“ Justice Minallah said, adding it was his responsibility as well that he should have some introspection.

Justice Muhammad Ali Mazhar reminded Khan that whatever he will say would be communicated to his supporters and workers due to the heavy presence of the representatives of the media and social media and recalled how a contempt case was also pending before the court due to non-adherence to court direction to hold the May 25, 2022 protest in the ground near G-9/H-9 ground.

When Justice Mazhar stressed that Imran Khan should have responded to the call-up notice of NAB, Mr Khan said his Khawaja Haris has answered the bureau about everything but hastened to add that Mr Khan will still join the inquiry.

During the hearing, Justice Bandial recalled he received a threatening message from a journalist stating that ‘just wait until his own house will be set on fire’. “This is being done because we do justice,” the CJP regretted.

Published in Dawn, May 12th, 2023

Imran to appear before IHC shortly

PTI Chairman Imran Khan will appear before the Islamabad High Court (IHC) at 11am in connection with the Al-Qadir Trust case, a day after the Supreme Court termed his arrest from the IHC premises “invalid and unlawful”.

Imran was whisked away from the IHC premises by paramilitary forces on Tuesday in connection with the said case — which alleges that Imran and his wife obtained billions of rupees and land worth hundreds of kanals from Bahria Town illegally — leading to violent protests across the country.

The PTI chief had immediately approached the high court for release but it had declared his arrest legal, following which he had approached the Supreme Court.

Footage aired on television on Friday morning showed strict arrangements in place ahead of Imran’s appearance.

The PTI, on the other hand, said that “peaceful” supporters would gather at the Srinagar Highway in Islamabad’s G-13 to express solidarity with the ex-premier. The party also said that Imran would make a speech after his court appearance.

The party announcement comes despite the fact that Islamabad police late on Thursday night issued a statement saying that Section 144, which bans public gatherings, was still imposed in the capital and requested political workers not to “obstruct the legal process”.

“We request those giving calls for protests in Islamabad tomorrow not to cause disturbance of peace,” it said in a tweet, adding that legal action would be taken against those inciting the public.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1752554/imran-to-appear-before-ihc-shortly

Here is the thing.

There is no way. I mean no way Imran Khan can beat the army. Army controls the establishment and that won't change. Even if he gets released. Even if there are elections. Even if he becomes PM. There is no getting around the fact that he has to be under the shadow of the Army chief.

Now how does he restore back his trust with them ? I don't know. Don't think it's even possible. Here the economic crisis might come in handy which will force the people to get on the streets and ask him to be elected.

But there is no outcome in which I see him with absolute authority. Let's not forget. This is a watertight case of $ 190 MN corruption. It's interesting no one wants to refer to this anymore. Well Army does.

Well he is corrupt and you are right, bo one wants to refer to that. The case was even made by Uk investigators not pakistanis, so they cant even deny thr investigation

Meanwhile, Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah said on Thursday that authorities would arrest Imran again.

“We will arrest him again. If he gets bail from the high court tomorrow, we will wait for the cancellation of bail and arrest him again,” he told Dunya TV.

Well he is corrupt and you are right, bo one wants to refer to that. The case was even made by Uk investigators not pakistanis, so they cant even deny thr investigation

For PPP and PMLN people talking about corruption is rather comic.

Best leave this angle out of your hate for Imran as it is laughable.

For the sake of the country you live in, recognize the popularity of this man in Pakistan and think about the future of the country.

We are close to default.

For the sake of the country you live in, recognize the popularity of this man in Pakistan and think about the future of the country.

We are close to default.

So if a person is popular his corruption is maaf?

Lol what angle ? This is a fact, the case was investigated by Uks nca and by Dawn News. This is what the whole case is about and the reason why he has to show up at IHc. The alnazar university is directly linked to this.

Meanwhile, Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah said on Thursday that authorities would arrest Imran again.

“We will arrest him again. If he gets bail from the high court tomorrow, we will wait for the cancellation of bail and arrest him again,” he told Dunya TV.

What a politician!!!!!

Lol what angle ? This is a fact, the case was investigated by Uks nca and by Dawn News. This is what the whole case is about and the reason why he has to show up at IHc. The alnazar university is directly linked to this.

You seem to have forgotten the corruption that ZAB and his progeny have unleashed on Pakistan.

Less said the better.

PTI Chairman Imran Khan has arrived at the Islamabad High Court (IHC) in connection with the Al-Qadir Trust case, a day after the Supreme Court termed his arrest from the IHC premises “invalid and unlawful”.

Imran arrived at the IHC amid tight security. Footage aired on television show police and Rangers officials deployed outside the court premises and barbed wire placed in front of the gate.

POTmVtC.png

Last edited:

We are close to default.

Rather than letting him talk nonsense why not ask him to prove it by listing facts?
At the same time ask him to answer the multiple questions about his support for corrupt parties?

Posting your views and having a debate is one thing, but to continuously snd gleefully make statements without fact checking or backing up the statements with proof is just agenda driven propaganda...

So IK lawyers wanting all cases against him to be addressed in one go for bail otherwise they will keep on arresting him moment he steps out.

This could take all day - let's see.

So IK lawyers wanting all cases against him to be addressed in one go for bail otherwise they will keep on arresting him moment he steps out.

This could take all day - let's see.

They will file a new one tommorow.

With the protests going on, its very easy to file a case against Imran.

So now you are a crown prosecution investigator and British policeman? Stop making unsubstantiated claims without evidence or I'll ask you to come back to the Sindh thread that you have always run away from. No wonder the country is in the state it is if there are so many like you around.

They will file a new one tommorow.

With the protests going on, its very easy to file a case against Imran.

Lahore police leaves for IHC seeking Imran’s arrest: media reports

The Lahore police have left for Islamabad to arrest PTI Chairman Imran Khan in a number of cases registered against him, DawnNewsTV reported.

The media outlet said that the police team is headed by the deputy inspector general (investigation).

It was further reported that the joint investigation team probing cases against Imran has informed the Islamabad High Court that it seeks the PTI chief’s arrest.

The hearing of PTI Chairman Imran Khan’s bail plea in the Al-Qadir case at the Islamabad High Court (IHC) was paused shortly after it began on account of Friday prayers, a day after the Supreme Court termed the ex-premier’s arrest from the IHC premises “invalid and unlawful”.

Like I has said yesterday, Khan will be arrested again today in a lawful manner. The military has decided that Khan cannot be let free.

The rupee made a sharp recovery of 4.4 per cent against the US dollar in the interbank market on Friday, staging a remarkable recovery having lost almost 3pc of its value yesterday.

The PKR was trading at Rs285.75 per dollar around noon, gaining Rs13.18 from yesterday’s close of Rs298.93.

Forex Association of Pakistan (FAP) Chairperson Malik Bostan said the local currency had appreciated over hopes that the political situation would improve after the Supreme Court decision terming Imran Khan’s arrest unlawful.

He said the court decision could end the ongoing political unrest, paving the way for the government and the opposition to reach a consensus through dialogue.

I don't believe IK will be let free even after SC orders. The Govt and establishment has gone through an extensive exercise of arresting all PTI leadership and journalists leaning towards IK. Even Moeed Pirzada getting threats in Washington suggests they are serious of this crackdown. Hence IK is not going to let go today and expect another arrest coming through today or god forbid an assassination.

You seem to have forgotten the corruption that ZAB and his progeny have unleashed on Pakistan.

Less said the better.

You can divert as much as you want. But Imran is proven corrupt in this Al nazar case. Bring any xyz in topic wont fhange that fact.

Funny thing is this was probably the sharifs money through malik riaz

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan on Friday claimed that he was hit on the head with batons as Rangers personnel arrested him in the Al-Qadir Trust case earlier this week.

During a conversation with media personnel in the Islamabad High Court (IHC), the former prime minister reportedly showed swelling and wounds on the back of his head, alleging that he was hit during his arrest. He continued that the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) officials had treated the injury.

The PTI chairman is in IHC for the hearing of his bail plea in the Al-Qadir Trust case as per the Supreme Court's order.

Talking to reporters in the courtroom, Imran expressed "full confidence" in Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Umar Ata Bandial, following the top court’s orders for the PTI chief’s immediate release.

He said that NAB's treatment toward him was "alright" and reiterated that he was hit on the head with a baton during his arrest.

When asked about the violent protests that began following his arrest on May 9, Imran questioned how he could stop everything that was happening and said that he had warned earlier that there would be a “reaction” if he was arrested.

“How can I be held responsible, when I was in [NAB's] custody?” he asked, adding that he had stated before the SC that whatever happened during the protests “did not go well”.

Imran maintained that “When the Rangers arrested me, I said: this is my country, my people. Be peaceful”.

The deposed prime minister said that he has filed for bail pleas in dozens of cases against him but he will “not resist arrest”.

Read More IHC stays criminal proceedings against Imran in Toshakhana case

A day earlier, following the apex court's order, Imran expressed shock at the subsequent arrests of other PTI leaders.

Talking to journalists, he inquired why PTI Secretary General Asad Umar was arrested. He was also surprised that Shah Mehmood Qureshi and Fawad Chaudhry were incarcerated.

“If I was told earlier, I would have spoken about this in front of the court,” he stated.

Imran’s counsel also told him that so far 21 people were confirmed to be dead during the violent protests, whereas there was intel of 40 people dead.

The news reportedly angered the PTI chief, who once again questioned why he was not informed earlier. “All these things need to be told to the court,” he maintained.

Imran 'unaware' of attack at Jinnah House

When asked if he condemned the raid on the Corps Commander Lahore’s residence, Imran stated that he could not answer because he was not aware of the situation.

He was also asked if he would resume negotiations with the incumbent government after instructions from the chief justice, to which questioned how could he hold negotiations when the government “does not talk about the Constitution”.

“We want elections and they are running away from elections. The Constitution states that elections should be held within 90 days. Restore the Constitution and then we will see [about negotiations],” he stated.

A reporter asked if Imran met anyone during his detention, to which the ousted premier stated that he did not meet anyone but his counsel Khawaja Haris. The deposed premier praised Haris’s “strong arguments” before the NAB court.

Read Also Crackdown continues as PTI's Dr Yasmin Rashid, Shireen Mazari arrested

A foreign journalist questioned if his arrest was due to the allegations he levelled against a serving military official for plotting the assassination attempt on him, to which Imran said that his statements were not “allegations but facts”.

“When I left Lahore, I had a suspicion that they would arrest me, which is why I released the video statement,” he said, referring to the message he had put out shortly before his arrest.

During the conversation, NAB officials came to the PTI chief and announced their leave as he was “now in the custody of the Islamabad police”. To this, Imran smiled and expressed hope that he would not see them again.

Imran Khan was arrested in the Al-Qadir Trust case from the premises of the Islamabad High Court (IHC), where he was present for two hearings. However, on Thursday, the SC declared his arrest "unlawful" and ordered that he be released immediately.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2416392/imran-claims-hit-on-head-during-arrest-on-may-9

So now you are a crown prosecution investigator and British policeman? Stop making unsubstantiated claims without evidence or I'll ask you to come back to the Sindh thread that you have always run away from. No wonder the country is in the state it is if there are so many like you around.

Again read the dawn article on the whole investigation.

Today he will rightfully get arrested for corruption inshallah

Rather than letting him talk nonsense why not ask him to prove it by listing facts?
At the same time ask him to answer the multiple questions about his support for corrupt parties?

Posting your views and having a debate is one thing, but to continuously snd gleefully make statements without fact checking or backing up the statements with proof is just agenda driven propaganda...

yaye lo

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/s...h-Malik-Riaz-with-Imran-being-the-beneficiary

read this article fully

https://www.dawn.com/news/1618221

He has been given two weeks bail interestingly.

Bail for two weeks ?

A division bench of the Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Friday granted Chairman Imran Khan two-week bail in the Al-Qadir Trust case, a day after the Supreme Court termed his arrest from the IHC premises “invalid and unlawful”.

A division bench comprising Justice Miangul Hassan Aurangzeb and Justice Saman Rafat Imtiaz heard the PTI chief’s bail plea at courtroom No.2.

DawnNewsTV reported that Imran’s lawyers had also filed four additional pleas which urged the IHC to club all the cases against Imran and to direct authorities to provide details of the cases registered against him.

The hearing had initially begun after a nearly two-hour delay with media reporting that officials were conducting a security sweep outside the courtroom.

But they were halted shortly after they began at 1pm on account of Friday prayers. On the other hand, Geo News reported that judges had left the courtroom after “pro-Imran” slogans were raised.

When the hearing resumed after 2:30pm, Imran was present in the courtroom alongside his legal team and his lawyer Khawaja Haris presented his arguments.

Haris contended before the court that the action undertaken by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) was illegal. He said that NAB could only issue an arrest warrant after the inquiry had formally been turned into an investigation.

He said that the PTI had gotten to know that NAB had formally initiated an investigation against Imran through media reports. He also said that PTI chief had approached the IHC on May 9 seeking the NAB report in the inquiry, but he was arrested before he could enter the courtroom.

At one point during the hearing, the court asked the petitioner if he was provided a questionnaire in connection with the case, to which Haris replied in negative.

He said that Imran was issued a call-up notice which he did not appear for, but submitted a written reply instead. Haris further said that the accountability watchdog was “biased” at the moment.

The court also instructed the NAB prosecutor general and Imran’s lawyers to be prepared at the next hearing, saying that it would then decide if Imran’s bail should be cancelled or extended.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1752554/ihc-grants-imran-bail-for-2-weeks-in-al-qadir-trust-case

Bail for two weeks ?

yes, but now rangers have surronded the whole high court. ANd internet still not restored. Anything can happen. If he goes free that will only be confirmed if he reaches bani gala

Imran Khan biopic will have to either be a series or trilogy

This arrest Saga cannot be covered in a 3 hour movie

Back