[VIDEOS] Sir Ravindra Jadeja tributes thread

DHONI183

A departed friend who will live in our memories fo
Runs
Post of the Week
Okay, apart from the ones highlighted in red (and appear at the bottom) - which are exclusively mine, the tributes below have been taken from somewhere else.

Tributes to Sir Ravindra Jadeja:

"There are 2 kinds of all-rounders in the world. One – Ravindra Jadeja. Two – Adnan Sami!" – Bappi Lahiri

"I am unfortunate that I only get to bowl at him in the nets." – Harbhajan Singh

"Anything can happen to us if we're on a plane flying over a cricket stadium in India with Ravindra Jadeja at the bowling crease." – A paranoid air-hostess

"He has been out of form longer than some of our guys have been alive." – Unmukt Chand

"If I am to field when Jadeja is bowling, I will field with my helmet on. They all hit him so hard!" – Cheteshwar Pujara

"I saw him playing on television & was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing much the same as I used to play, and she looked at him on TV and said – are you out of your mind?! I'd like a drag of whatever it is you've been smoking, chump. Now get dressed…you are going to see an ophthalmologist!" – Sir Gary Sobers

"Technically, you can't fault Jadeja. Seam or spin, fast or slow every goddamn thing is a problem." – Geoffrey Boycott

"The pressure on me is nothing compared to Ravindra Jadeja. Jadeja, like Ram Gopal Verma, must always fail. The crowd always expects him to fail and it is too much pressure on him. And, he rarely disappoints them." – Jacques Kallis

"Don't bother bowling him good balls, he gets out to the bad ones." – Monty Panesar

"Jadeja has been sent by N. Srinivasan to play cricket and then go back…to Dhoni." – Ravi Shastri

"I'll be going to bed having sweet reassuring dreams of myself just running down the wicket & belting him back over the head for six!" – Shoaib Malik, Shane Watson & David Warner (in unison)

"When Sir Ravindra Jadeja first travelled to Sri Lanka to play in yet another of those meaningless ODI series, Shahid Afridi was yet to come out of his 2nd retirement, Tiger Woods was yet to be accused of infidelity and Balotelli had never earned a red card.

When Jadeja embarked on a glorious career taming Kulasekara & co., Poonam Pandey was a name unheard of; Suresh Raina's nephew was in his nappies; cavity & SRK was yet to promote Ra.One.

It seems while Time was having his toll on every individual on the face of this planet, he excused one man. Time stands frozen in front of Jadeja. We've had champions, we've had legends, but we've never had a Jadeja & we never will." – Time magazine

"The earth has carried the burden of Jadeja for 24 years. It is time we carried him on our shoulders." – some undertaker

"Only he can play that leg glance with his thigh guard." – Waqar Younis

"He is just what the doctor ordered (Euthanasia)." – Ravi Shastri

"He is to Indian Cricket what Tushar Kapoor is to Bollywood" – Shilpa Shetty

"Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don't know, something he himself doesn't know either – whether he's a batsman or a bowler. Forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to the ground, people switch off their TV sets for the high octane excitement of watching lawns grow." – BBC

"Cricketers like Jadeja come once in a lifetime, and I am sorry he didn't play in my time. Could have added a few more cheap wickets to my tally." – Muttiah Muralitharan

"Commit all your crimes when Jadeja is batting. They will go unnoticed because even the Lord is dozing off to sleep." – A placard at the Saurasthra Cricket Ground.

"As batsman, he follows the old phraseology of Geoffrey Boycott: "See the ball, do nothing to it" - Ian Chappell.

"There is a reason why me strike-rate shoots up to 117.84 in matches he plays. The pressure is on me to get a cushion of 600 runs for Sir to bowl" - Virender Sehwag.

"When I said I was 'smelling the ball' you found it funny. What does he do as batsman? He only smells" - Shahid Afridi.

"You know why I have a different hairstyle? Because it matched to his and Dhoni once mistakenly said to me, "Jaddu, come and bowl your bakery stuff" - Sachin Tendulkar.

"When it comes to the worst, he is up there with the Akmals" - Richie Benaud.

"When Ravindra gets hit for a boundary, there is always that (Ja)Déjà vu feeling" - Rawal (DHONI183).

---------

Please add yours if you can think of any:).

Last edited:
Guys, smiley posts and posts like "lol", "haha" etc. are not allowed. Please add a little more:).

Ok sir....here u go. This is when he scored triple ton in Ranji Trophy.

f1xh81.gif

hilarious stuff rawal bhai.

Loved these:
"Only he can play that leg glance with his thigh guard." – Waqar Younis

"The earth has carried the burden of Jadeja for 24 years. It is time we carried him on our shoulders." – some undertaker

:)))

I fail to understand how he is so hated by Indians.

These are quotes on Sachin modified for Sir Jadeja.
Sir Garfield Sobers one is hilarious.

Lol Lol...just by reading the heading first " Tribute to Sir Jadega" - I thought he is no more with us. I got scared..phew :D

Most Indians hate him... He is not rated highly by Indian fans

DHONI183 said:
"When it comes to the worst, he is up there with the Akmals" - Richie Benaud.

Okay, don´t think Kamran Akmal has any fans here on PP, but for Umar Akmal fans: This was just a light-hearted statement made with a pinch of salt:).

"He has been out of form longer than some of our guys have been alive." – Unmukt Chand

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Sunil Gavaskar actually said this today when he was bowling:
"He gives away more sixes than he takes wickets" :O :)))

But he actually bowled well today lol

Got this from FB...

The pressure on me is nothing compared to Ravindra Jadeja. He like Ram Gopal Verma, must always fail. The crowd always expects him to fail and it is too much pressure on him. And, he rarely disappoints them. - Jacques Kallis.

the kid got a lot of money for IPL yes....but he is good...should get to bat at 4 or 5 ...he is not a hitter,dereves a decent batting slot

Why is he stigmatized so much? That was a fantastic innings. Just when India needed it.

He earns 2 million dollars for one season in IPL and some people dont think he deserves it. But then again, there is Saurabh Tiwary who earns 1.6 mil and he is nothing but a blind slogger.

I think he will always be effective in Indian conditions with both bat and ball on most days. Overseas, he will struggle but he is worth having in the team in all rounder spot.

performed brilliantly today :14:

lets see if he can play such innings more often

the guy has 5 mom awards. last 3 vs england. he is pathetic but eng suck big time aswell. proves my point they r a rubbish odi team.

Crosses 1000 ODI runs in his 65th ODI and 46th ODI innings..... at Dharamshala.

Worth every penny of @2M that was spent on him by his team!

very underrated...

will overtake Kapil as india's best allrounder ever

a legend in the making

very underrated...

will overtake Kapil as india's best allrounder ever

a legend in the making
Just Kapil....????
will take over Imran, Sobers, Kallis... etc as WOLRD's best ever allrounder!

Just Kapil....????
will take over Imran, Sobers, Kallis... etc as WOLRD's best ever allrounder!

This. I can´t understand the hatred. This Ravindra Jadeja guy is some talent:afridi. Even Donald Bradman looks over-rated now to be honest, seeing this guy.

This. I can´t understand the hatred. This Ravindra Jadeja guy is some talent:afridi. Even Donald Bradman looks over-rated now to be honest, seeing this guy.

It does make me laugh that Don Bradman has a lower bowling average in tests than Jadeja

India has never lost a match where he has scored a ton or taken a 5fer.match winner par excellence:bow:

People are jealous of him as he earns 10 times more in just 2 months than they do in whole year while his skillset is roughly same as them.

Tribute

I didn't realise Ravindra Jadeja was no longer with us :))

May God never forgive you for such a joke:(..... The man should last as long as cricket does:sachin.

And a vastly superior limited overs record to Bradman.

Bradman couldn't even get a game!

See, not everyone is as good as Ravindra Jadeja. Don Bradman couldn´t even get an ODI game. Over-rated!

Haha insane jadeja trolling this!!
But he is a useful odi player to have.won't troll him on that.

He peaked against English, Its about time he declares his retirement on a high note....

If he retires, I will give up on cricket:(.......

Sir Jadeja ranked 5th in ODI All Rounders Rankings.

Haterz. Gonna. Hate.

Again, keep building these arguments. I will soon write a lengthy article in Sir´s defence. Need support of course.

Sir Jadeja ranked 5th in ODI All Rounders Rankings.

Haterz. Gonna. Hate.
Again, keep building these arguments. I will soon write a lengthy article in Sir´s defence. Need support of course.

One thing, I will need some statistics´ help from our statsman W63L35;-). With that, he will prove to the world that he appreciate good cricketers even if they happen to be from India:sachin.

Last edited:
One thing, I will need some statistics´ help from our statsman W63L35;-). With that, he will prove to the world that he appreciate good cricketers even if they happen to be from India:sachin.

You don't read my posts carefully.......

I rate/appreciate Dravid and Gavaskar very highly ...much higher than Sachin.... and I have said that many time. Most Sachinistas are sooooooooooooooooooooo blind (and tools) that they only see that I don't rate Sachin #1 even and start calling me "India hater" .... totally ignoring the fact .... I am rating Dravid/Gavaskar (INDIANS) ahead of him.

Two other cricketers.... which I wish, I had chances to watch play were Chandrashkar and Vishwanath.... but did not.... (only read about them and watched a few clips on youtube and ESPN/10-Sports) .... are my favorite cricketers from India because - not only they had unique cricketing skills but are/were also very humble gentlemen!

Now Sir Jadeja..... he is a different class above the rest. Were Sachin, Dravid or any other "legend" got sold for $2M in IPL? If not, there is your answer!

Last edited:
Re: Sir Ravindra Jadeja tributes thread:

Personally, I would rather be a Jadejaite than a Sachinista. Even Sachinista have to accept that Sir Jadeja > Sachin with 2-0 in triple century count. Of course, Malik is in a whole different league. :malik

You don't read my posts carefully.......

I rate/appreciate Dravid and Gavaskar very highly ...much higher than Sachin.... and I have said that many time. Most Sachinistas are sooooooooooooooooooooo blind (and tools) that they only see that I don't rate Sachin #1 even and start calling me "India hater" .... totally ignoring the fact .... I am rating Dravid/Gavaskar (INDIANS) ahead of him.

Two other cricketers.... which I wish, I had chances to watch play were Chandrashkar and Vishwanath.... but did not.... (only read about them and watched a few clips on youtube and ESPN/10-Sports) .... are my favorite cricketers from India because - not only they had unique cricketing skills but are/were also very humble gentlemen!

Now Sir Jadeja..... he is a different class above the rest. Were Sachin, Dravid or any other "legend" got sold for $2M in IPL? If not, there is your answer!

Aap har baat pe sanjeeda kiyu´n ho jaatey hai´n:(? I was joking. I read your posts quite carefully and follow your opinion with interest. It is a non-hidden fact anyway that you are quite a fan of Sunil Gavaskar and Rahul Dravid (both are excellent players). As for Gundappa Vishwanath and Bhagwat Chandrasekhar, well, never knew about them (i.e., that you rate them highly; names are famous/heard of course).

As for Sir, our friendship will only last as long as you will never post anything against him. Let me be clear on that at least:kohli.

Personally, I would rather be a Jadejaite than a Sachinista. Even Sachinista have to accept that Sir Jadeja > Sachin with 2-0 in triple century count. Of course, Malik is in a whole different league. :malik

Sachin Tendulkar? Who? It´s Sir´s time:viv.

Aap har baat pe sanjeeda kiyu´n ho jaatey hai´n:(? I was joking.
Here is a PERFECT proof that you don't read my posts carefully.... Sajeeda.... who was sanjeeda?

Read it again..... you provided me a perfect chance to bash Sachinistas and I was going to let it go??? How is it possible? :p

As for Sir, our friendship will only last as long as you will never post anything against him. Let me be clear on that at least:kohli.
Me anything against Sir J? I mean, there a chance you'll say something BAD about that Australian girl (what's her name?) ... before I say anything bad about Sir J. :p I mean... would anybody pay $2M for her .. if there was an IPL for girls? ;-)

Last edited:
Here is a PERFECT proof that you don't read my posts carefully.... Sajeeda.... who was sanjeeda?

Read it again..... you provided me a perfect chance to bash Sachinistas and I was going to let it go??? How is it possible? :p

Me anything against Sir J? I mean, there a chance you'll say something BAD about that Australian girl (what's her name?) ... before I say anything bad about Sir J. :p I mean... would anybody pay $2M for her .. if there was an IPL for girls? ;-)

big mistake:))

Okay, I misunderstood.

As for this, read below.....

big mistake:))

This. If you can´t even remember her name, that´s it for our friendship:26: (okay, I will forgive only if you apologise).

Lastly, W63L35 sahib, Google "Big Bash League for women" and you will actually see that an IPL type thing is not a bad idea which has found support from someone;-).

Last edited:
What a ripper to get Clarke..very underrated player..

Yup, dream of a delivery. I was missing Ojha just when he did that.

haters will still find holes in that.should be our 3rd spinner permanently now

Jadeja averages 52 with bat and 27 with ball in FC cricket. Not surprised to see him perform like that at all.

Currently he's justifying his place as a bowler alone tbh. Bhaj's lost it, so please sit him out from here on.

Looks like he can make it to the squad purely as a spinner, at least in India.

Killer bowling and fielding!

He seemed to have improved leaps and bounds in the last 6 months or so(mainly in terms of spinning the deliveries). He can become a very good asset for our team in all formats of the game if he continues to perform like he did in this series so far.

His bowling reminds me of Ravi Shastri. Straight with accurate length, not much variations.

As always, Sir Ravindra Jadeja delivers a hammering for his haters:sachin.

Go sir, go:19:!

This one, well......

Attachments

• The art of leaving - Sir Ravindra Jadeja.jpeg
    The art of leaving - Sir Ravindra Jadeja.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 960
he has been our second best bowler till now and people wanted him dropped:facepalm:
add to that he has dismissed australia's best batsman in 3 out of 4 innings!

Re: Sir Ravindra Jadeja tributes thread:

Averages 23 now :wasim

Sir Jadeja is a gun bowler in these conditions.

Averages 23 now :wasim

Sir Jadeja is a gun bowler in these conditions.

Jaddu turns into :warne in SC conditions. It will be an ultimate troll to the Indian bowling lineup if Sir Jaddu can keep this average. I have been bagging him for sometime now but have to give respect where its due. Sir Jadeja :bow::bow::bow:

lol I know it's not possible but if jadeja manages to end up with an average of 23 at the end of his career than he will truly need to be knighted lol!sir jadeja:bow:

Back