[VIDEOS] Sir Ravindra Jadeja tributes thread

Re: Sir Ravindra Jadeja tributes thread:

Forget the Average. Look at the economy rate 1.9 :bedi !!! Now imagine that against likes of Misbah and Azhar. It will go below 1 :)))

lol I know it's not possible but if jadeja manages to end up with an average of 23 at the end of his career than he will truly need to be knighted lol!sir jadeja:bow:

23 is impossible. Even Kumble finished at 24+ under home conditions. Jaddu will be shown his right place when he tours.

Jaddu will be shown his right place when he tours.

I hope you realise that I am deeply hurt by this blasphemous comment, being a huge fan of Sir Ravindra Jadeja:26:.

Sir Ravindra Jadeja >>>>> :shakib

Shakib never got Clarke out in a test match. (Oh wait, he never played the aussies in a test match)

He's grown on me, this Jadeja.

Sir Ravindra Jadeja >>>>> :shakib

Shakib never got Clarke out in a test match. (Oh wait, he never played the aussies in a test match)

Wait. Are you by any chance trying to say that Shakib-al-Hasan would have troubled Michael Clarke like Sir Ravindra Jadeja did if he had played against him in Test matches?

Please confirm so that I may ban you right away:zardari!

Shakib-al-Hasan can be compared to Ashwin.

good on you are admitting .some people are stuck with the impression he gave in those T20s and finding silly holes in his performance :D

Oh, his batting is still quite feeble. Criticism where criticism is due.

Home condition ki mala jhapna bandh karo Eng. showed that we can be beatable at home if you perform better. Enjoy the present performance. Performances not guaranteed even at home, ask Bhajji, Viru or Gauti.

Ok Guys...I was at the Day3 and believe it or not we were shouting Sir Sir..when he came to bat, scored a Six towards us at Long Off and finally Got Out..
Never knew, he was so popular as "SIR" among so many Indian Fans......
Sir Sir...

Ok Guys...I was at the Day3 and believe it or not we were shouting Sir Sir..when he came to bat, scored a Six towards us at Long Off and finally Got Out..
Never knew, he was so popular as "SIR" among so many Indian Fans......
Sir Sir...

thats more sarcasm to make fun of him.poor guy gets booed.ask Varun:D

To think he has triple tons in FC, you would expect batting to be his forte. But far from it.

They have come on roads wth lot of luck.still hes not as bad as he shown so far.can be decent 30 avg player imo

Yeah, we called him "Sir Jadeja" at Chennai too.

They have come on roads wth lot of luck.still hes not as bad as he shown so far.can be decent 30 avg player imo

From the looks of Bhajji's batting in the recent games, I am very confident that Jaddu will provide us more runs while batting as well as save more runs while fielding than bhajji (leave alone wickets which Bhajji struggles to take these days)

Speaking of Harbhajan, he won't be back for the third test surely? Nor will Ishant?

Shakib-al-Hasan can be compared to Ashwin.

In tests yes, not in other formats though

Ashwin is statistically better than shakib by a considerable margin. However, shakib isnt that superior in terms of stat because he has to bat mostly under pressure and hardly gets to bowl during the 4th/5th day, not to mention he does not have too much support. Shakib as a test batsman is quite mediocre though despite averaging more than 50 in the last few tests he played. On the other hand, experts discuss the margin by which Sir Jadeja misses his triple century

Wait. Are you by any chance trying to say that Shakib-al-Hasan would have troubled Michael Clarke like Sir Ravindra Jadeja did if he had played against him in Test matches?

Please confirm so that I may ban you right away:zardari!

Nope i was saying that Shakib could never do such a feat. Taking Clarke's wicket in both innings is something even Warne/Murali/Sobers can do only in their dreams.

It was just a side quote, the fact that he never got a chance to play a test against australia.

Speaking of Harbhajan, he won't be back for the third test surely? Nor will Ishant?

Never say never in case of #Plaha

He might still be preferred over Ojha due to the next test being played on his home ground :facepalm:

About Ishant - I think he narrowly escaped the chopping with his okish bowling this morning (I doubt MSD will go for Dinda or Shami at this stage of the series)

In tests yes, not in other formats though

Ashwin is statistically better than shakib by a considerable margin. However, shakib isnt that superior in terms of stat because he has to bat mostly under pressure and hardly gets to bowl during the 4th/5th day, not to mention he does not have too much support. Shakib as a test batsman is quite mediocre though despite averaging more than 50 in the last few tests he played. On the other hand, experts discuss the margin by which Sir Jadeja misses his triple century

I'm too lazy to go through the numbers, but how many tests has Shakib played against 'serious' opposition, and how many against Zimbabwe and that West Indies series of 2009? What are his batting and bowling stats outside of these games?

What kind of pressure does Shakib have? He's playing for a nation that never won a test against a top team and can take care of his stats all he wants, both in tests and ODIs.

Never say never in case of #Plaha

He might still be preferred over Ojha due to the next test being played on his home ground :facepalm:

About Ishant - I think he narrowly escaped the chopping with his okish bowling this morning (I doubt MSD will go for Dinda or Shami at this stage of the series)

then play the extra batsman.Ishant hardly gets a bowl anyway

then play the extra batsman.Ishant hardly gets a bowl anyway

Unfortunately, In Mohali we need extra bowler(preferably pacer) rather than batter. With the more batsmen friendly nature of pitch at Mohali means, we may struggle to dismiss Oz batters as cheaply as we did in Chennai or in Hyderabad that is unless and at least we have 4 main bowlers (2 spinners and 2 pacers as per MSD's policy)

Unfortunately, In Mohali we need extra bowler(preferably pacer) rather than batter. With the more batsmen friendly nature of pitch at Mohali means, we may struggle to dismiss Oz batters as cheaply as we did in Chennai or in Hyderabad that is unless and at least we have 4 main bowlers (2 spinners and 2 pacers as per MSD's policy)

but why play a pacer just for the sake of it.even Ishant knows hes not gonna get wickets,calls it luck,so either play another pacer or batsman or Ojha(keeping Bhajji)

but why play a pacer just for the sake of it.even Ishant knows hes not gonna get wickets,calls it luck,so either play another pacer or batsman or Ojha(keeping Bhajji)

If we have our say in team selection then its very well possible :))

Knowing MSD's stubbornness in playing same eleven, we might see Ishant getting selected once again.

the thing with jadeja is that even though he is bowling like a gun in these conditions,he is not being able to transfer his confidence from bowling to batting.
while bowling he looks like he could get a wicket every ball and while batting he looks like he could get out any ball

Forget the Average. Look at the economy rate 1.9 :bedi !!!

That´s exactly what I mean!

155067.jpg

^^

Actually, this picture may not be a bad one for captions (I mean, look at their faces) :)):)))!

where is Rahul sharma,ojha if not included in the team should be replaced by Rahul,I am sorry but it seems bhajji came back in this series to show that he has lost skills with the bat as well.... for the time being Bhuvi,Shami,Ashwin,Jaddu and ojha shud be the attack in MOHALI....I wish we could accomodate rahul sharma in mohali....he deserves a chance in tests,everything was fine until GAYLE hit him for those five 6's

Last edited:
where is Rahul sharma,ojha if not included in the team should be replaced by Rahul,I am sorry but it seems bhajji came back in this series to show that he has lost skills with the bat as well.... for the time being Bhuvi,Shami,Ashwin,Jaddu and ojha shud be the attack in MOHALI....I wish we could accomodate rahul sharma in mohali....he deserves a chance in tests,everything was fine until GAYLE hit him for those five 6's

Mumbai police have just charge-sheeted Rahul sharma along with 85 others (Wayne parnell is on wanted list with 34 more foreigners) for their part in rave party drug busting case of last May.

http://www.mid-day.com/sports/2013/mar/070313-juhu-rave-party-case-wayne-parnell-rahul-sharma-facing-drugs-charges.htm

can we have sir jadeja to play for BD and bowl pace? I am sure he can be a better pacer than Dennis lillee and marshall

:bow:

Jadeja to Warner, OUT, Jadeja strikes for India. This selection from Dhoni and co keeps on working. Warner wants to leave the crease in defence, but for some reason restrains his forward movement. Consequently he is not quite to the pitch of the ball, which bounces a little extra, hits the inside edge and then the top of the pad to lob up for an easy catch for Dhoni to run down the pitch and take
DA Warner c †Dhoni b Jadeja 71 (147b 9x4 0x6) SR: 48.29
Michael Clarke, only for the second time in Tests, walks in at No. 3
Jadeja to Clarke, OUT, Jadeja is on a hat-trick. And he has comprehensively beaten Clarke with his last two balls. That is as comprehensive as they come. Clarke is again unsure with his forward movement, Jadeja rips across one big offbreak, which lands on off, short of his reach, and turns across the bat. Clarke has been dragged outside the crease too. And Dhoni is super quick with the stumping
MJ Clarke st †Dhoni b Jadeja 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

Clarke is Jadeja's bunny for sure... he is all at sea and this ain't even a turner!!!!

Sir Ravindra Jadeja is simply proving how over-rated Michael Clarke is. Next up, our bunny is Hashim Amla in South Africa in non-assisting conditions:amla. But we will conquer that too:113:.

The guy needs to work on his batting and take it seriously. Looks like he does have the potential to become a permanent member of our Test team.

Jadeja is actually a very handy all-rounder; he's impressed me with what he's done to Australia. Dont really see what the hate is about

Jadeja is actually a very handy all-rounder; he's impressed me with what he's done to Australia. Dont really see what the hate is about

its due to the innings he played in T20 WC 2009 v England and spell he bowled v Aus in 2010 WC.as they say,first impression is last impression

Looked extremely mediocre with below par performances in ODI's (until he started playing Tests).

Hard to forgive sir jaadu for the t20 wc performances :( but he's done some good work since then.

Hard to forgive sir jaadu for the t20 wc performances :( but he's done some good work since then.

he was young n new yaar.Always gives his absolute best.Not his fault Dhoni overestimated him n chose to bat him above Yuvi or bowl in powerplays with the new ball

FYI, Jaddu had a very good England ODI tour in 2011. Check his stats , did much better than Aussie and Windies allrounders too. (including rescuing India from 50/5 to 240 odd.)
Our next series is the Champions Trophy there.
p.s. past performances may or may not mean much in that series I know.

FYI, Jaddu had a very good England ODI tour in 2011. Check his stats , did much better than Aussie and Windies allrounders too. (including rescuing India from 50/5 to 240 odd.)
Our next series is the Champions Trophy there.
p.s. past performances may or may not mean much in that series I know.

he was poor with the ball there

he was young n new yaar.Always gives his absolute best.Not his fault Dhoni overestimated him n chose to bat him above Yuvi or bowl in powerplays with the new ball

THAT is the thing, Dhoni along with the IPL , is responsible for both the good and bad Jaddu has suffered.
Most pathetic decision to bowl him in the powerplays vs Aus in 2010 WT20 . and promoting him ahead of inform Yuvraj in 2009 WT20.

he was poor with the ball there

I do remember that. he had a wet ball in EVERY MATCH. still was better than the Windies and Aussies allrounders.
I am not saying that for the sake of it. Go compare the stats of those all rounders.
England's TAIL barely batted vs WI and Aus. not the case against India.

Another legendary performance by sir.he has made Clarke his bunny this series!!

Last edited by a moderator:
and batted well too.that little cameo sealed it when Dhoni was doing tuk tuk:afridi

Wiki intro for Sir Jadeja!

Sir Ravindra Jadeja or Ravindrasinh Anirudhsinh Jadeja (born 6 December 1988) is a philanthropist, a Nobel prize winner, a double Laureus sportman of the year and the nearest human to being God. Other than that he is an Indian cricketer.

:))

Wiki link

That four nearly took Dhoni's head off and woke :msd up. Sir Jaddu's influence stretches way beyond trivial matters as runs and wickets and winning games.

He's performing really well, why did people start calling him sir?

He's performing really well, why did people start calling him sir?

Its meant to be sarcasm. People were sort of taken aback by his selection in the test side because his reputation was of a T20 hack.

Then we were told why he was now a member of the test squad - he had scored 3 triple centuries in domestic cricket. Since then, he has been universally recognized as SIR Ravindra Jadeja.

Sir Ravindra Jadeja fever everywhere.....

That four nearly took Dhoni's head off and woke :msd up. Sir Jaddu's influence stretches way beyond trivial matters as runs and wickets and winning games.

Can someone please upload those boundaries in High Definition with some wild music in the background:afridi?

Wiki link

What´s so funny about it? It is as accurate as it should be:sachin.

why did people start calling him sir?

Because some people saw in him things as early as others couldn´t. We, his die hard supporters, were once a minority, persecuted by others, but now we have won many converts. We, the Jadeja-ist, will win this world one day:viv.

Last edited:
Its meant to be sarcasm. People were sort of taken aback by his selection in the test side because his reputation was of a T20 hack.

Then we were told why he was now a member of the test squad - he had scored 3 triple centuries in domestic cricket. Since then, he has been universally recognized as SIR Ravindra Jadeja.

My blood boils when I read comments like this against our esteemed Sir. :133:
I think I need medical help :91:

3 tests, 17 wickets@19, with a SR of 52.3..perhaps the best bowler on either side

Would be lovely to watch him pick a 5-er at Kotla this weekend.

Wiki link

Picked up my ESPN Cricinfo:))!

Jadeja's wicked Wiki profile

ESPN Cricinfo Surfer said:
Ravindra Jadeja, the India allrounder, has two first-class triple-centuries to his name in the 2012-13 season and is currently in the purplest patch of his career with the ball, having accounted for Australia captain Michael Clarke in five innings out of six in the ongoing Test series. Yet even those deeds paled in comparison to a recent insertion in his Wikipedia profile - it called him "a philanthropist, a Nobel Prize winner, a double Laureus sportsman of the year, and the nearest human to god."

Wikipedia - the free, online 'encyclopedia' that readers can edit - is known, or notorious, for the ease with which entries can be tweaked by the public, and the qualifications were as swiftly deleted. Who added it in? Could have been an admirer, could even have been those who doubt his Test credentials. It was a cricket fan for sure, because it stopped short of calling Jadeja god - that is reserved for only one cricketer.

Link:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/story/625778.html

He's doing well with left arm spin because he's bowling against Australia and darting every ball in .. I think he pretty much makes them play every ball so it's not hard to take wickets when the ball is turning and the opposition are that rubbish. Still cannot hold a bat to save his life ...

@ Dhoni

you have to make tribute thread for some other unlucky players like Ishanth sharma, Rohit Sharma , Wahab , Sami , umar akmal , ete etc

looked good for a big score, but again a horrific decision x( might just change the course of the game,poor decision at a make or break juncture of the match.....shame

This guy has an undeserved bad rep. Good impish little cricketer.

very good innings under pressure:14:

btw his cricinfo profile

Cricinfo said:
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." A fellow Gujarati, Mahatma Gandhi, could well have meant to say this about Ravindra Jadeja. The best of observers ignored his steady left-arm spin at first, then he was ridiculed for his three triple-centuries in Ranji Trophy, the idea of Jadeja the Test player was contested when India gave him debut in 2012-13 against conventional wisdom, but in India's series win against Australia Jadeja won them all over, not least by dismissing Michael Clarke five times out of the six he batted.
The ridicule of Jadeja's triples - more than any Indian has ever hit in first-class cricket - was actually an indictment of Indian domestic cricket, that a batsman proven to be limited in his days in international cricket could notch up triples with ease because of the quality of tracks and attacks. However, his record with the ball in ODIs, his fielding and his rocket arm made him a valuable player in shorter formats, which shows in his US$2 million price tag at Chennai Super Kings.
Shane Warne, his IPL captain at Rajasthan Royals, nicknamed him "rockstar" because of Jadeja's confidence in his own ability, but his utility lies in his ability to do the dirty work. He is unerring in his accuracy, can bowl overs and overs without tiring, and maximises the natural variation available in the pitch. His fielding and his batting made him an easy pick as a third spinner in Tests in India, a ploy that worked like a charm. Clarke, one of the better players of spin going around, will testify.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013/content/player/234675.html

:yk

Back