[VIDEOS] What impact will the rigging in the 2024 General Election have on Pakistan?

Exactly, if only the rich were allowed to vote then they would be the only people that will be catered to. There would be no incentive to help the poor since they wouldn't have voting power.

I used to have the same opinion as Mamoon when I was 12 until I learned how the real world works.
It sounds harsh but the poor will remain poor. Show me a single poor person who ended up living like a king because of Imran Khan’s government.

A fruit-seller will sell fruits no matter who is in power.

No one can help the poor. The rich will always need the poor and the poor will always need the rich.

Both classes of society need each other to maintain equilibrium. Just be thankful that you are on the right side fate.

PTI supporters have proved that they don’t have what it takes to bring a revolution. They don’t have the courage for it.

You can only show courage when you are in a position to show courage. PTI supporters failed when they were tested. Anyone can talk a good game and no one can talk a better game than PTI supporters.
They have won an election. What is a better game than this?

Firstly, I admire your courage. You admit that you have blood on your hands. Courage that the likes of @Bewal Express lack.

Secondly, you cannot off-set blood on your hands with good deeds. It is not a debit and credit system.

It is like taking bribe and using that money to help the poor. Your Lord will question you on the Day of Judgment and ask you why you continued to live in and pay taxes to a country that funded Israel, so don’t try to present that you have a clear conscience.

You can’t unless you are in denial and it seems that you are. Ergo, there is no need of taking the moral high ground because your own morality has a price and is subject to terms & conditions.
So if money was all that was needed, why haven't these guys won their own seats. See such tripe is all you have left. Send a message to JKT and Aleem Khan and ask them why they haven't won with a public mandate

They have won an election. What is a better game than this?
It doesn’t take courage to vote when you are not on the receiving end of any threats.

The establishment should be appreciated for letting people cast their votes in peace. If they wanted, no one would have been allowed to vote for PTI in the first place.

How is it a 2/3rd majority? IND’s are leading by 20-30 seats.

The majority party is PMLN…they will snap up 30 odd INDs
180 out of 270. Look at form 45. It's what they call the source documents. Add them up, they are signed by the ROs and you will see. The PTI won a 2/3rd majority.

What shackles? Where were these shackles when the establishment were handing Khan the country’s premiership on a platter?
They didn't 17mn people did. The best you can claim is that they didn't stand in his way. The PTI was done out of at least 20 seats.

It doesn’t take courage to vote when you are not on the receiving end of any threats.

The establishment should be appreciated for letting people cast their votes in peace. If they wanted, no one would have been allowed to vote for PTI in the first place.
The establishment made a promise to the IMF, why should we credit criminals that murdered people

It seems like you were more logical when you were 12.
He is 10* the poster that a troll like you will ever be. You run when challenged, you couldn't even defend SS after you called him the real PM. PK has spoken, people showed courage and voted. Its what you do in a civilised society. I guarantee that if people rioted or came out you as badniyaat would also say, look at PTI thuggery

Firstly, I admire your courage. You admit that you have blood on your hands. Courage that the likes of @Bewal Express lack.

Secondly, you cannot off-set blood on your hands with good deeds. It is not a debit and credit system.

It is like taking bribe and using that money to help the poor. Your Lord will question you on the Day of Judgment and ask you why you continued to live in and pay taxes to a country that funded Israel, so don’t try to present that you have a clear conscience.

You can’t unless you are in denial and it seems that you are. Ergo, there is no need of taking the moral high ground because your own morality has a price and is subject to terms & conditions.
But if IK took money illegally from JKT or Aleem Khan, quickly get on the phone to Munir and NS and make it 201 cases.🤣🤣🤣

He has a valid point,

None of you guys who love PTI had anything to say when an extremist bigot who has lead attacks on minority worship places won his seat in the NA as a IND (PTI) candidate

2 things can be true at the same time right? It's easy to see a pattern here where people against the popular opinion only focus on one side of the argument. Imran Khan and his party and followers have countless flaws. One can argue they are the same as all the other parties. But where is your critique for the other side who's arguably even worse? Never seen either you or Momoon or Major ever criticize anti PTI parties - ever!! This clearly explains your bias which is either a result of lack of critical thinking and social awarewess - ironically which you and mamoon consider qualifying metrics to caste vote - or you lack morals and empathy and enjoy the gundagardi and badmaashi culture which gives you power over the weak and poor and makes you feel better about yourself.

@Rana

You said please don't take things personally... the people I have connections with, the death and extreme poverty they have witnessed when doing charity work in flood hit areas... the hundreds of videos of I have of starving kids and mothers unable to feed them...

how can one not take this emotionally?

The Gaza Strip is destroyed by an occupier, tens of thousands are dead and in Pakistan we have an establishment that is destroying its very own people by raping the country of all its wealth.

I see no difference between Israel and the Pakistan Establishment
These type of people live in their own little bubble far removed from reality enjoying their elitist lifestyle lacking empathy and humanity. The Kardashians of our generation.

Yes but I offset that by protesting against the massacre, and donating tens of thousands (probably much more than this) of my hard earned money to the poor of Pakistan.
Money that goes directly in providing portaloos to those that were hit by the floods, and to employ teachers to privately funded schools that teach the poor...
You can't do any of this while living in Pakistan.

People living in the west have blood on their hands - ok

So the military establishment in Pakistan are angels and don't kill innocent Balochis, tribals, political foes, journalists etc etc. So tell me how do you clear your conscience living in Pakistan?

I have answered these points on many occasions. And what happened to the people that did return?

The people that did return didn't waddle with useless "answers on many occasions", for starters. They have walked the talk.

The people that did return didn't waddle with useless "answers on many occasions", for starters. They have walked the talk.
And ended up getting beaten to pulp, just ask Shabaz Gill. We have given millions to PK, never taken a penny. The guys that ask these questions have families that have stolen billions, want to limit voting to criminals and support criminals.

This is a load of bakwaas. You and @Bewal Express should just say you like the Western lifestyle more, and that is why you choose to stay in Britain rather than Pakistan - Imran Khan or no Imran Khan.

Not easy to migrate from a country when you have family, economic and social ties. This is typically an argument presented by people who have no interaction with the outside world and they judge people by what they see and read on the internet. This really isn't an excuse but a genuine reason someone can't start a new life in an alien country. So these people try to raise their voices against their governments and do what they can to change the system by being part of the system but the forces of evil are way more powerful and it's better to works towards improvig your own life situation before getting involved in the political quagmire of this world.
All these people mocking overseas Pakistanis would fly away the first chance they are given for a better life. They are bitter because they don't have that opportunity.

Additionally, overseas Pakistanis care about Pakistan because they have roots in Pakistan and because they identify themselves as Pakistanis. They want to see Pakistan develop and prosper like so many other countries in the world that were once poor.

Not easy to migrate from a country when you have family, economic and social ties. This is typically an argument presented by people who have no interaction with the outside world and they judge people by what they see and read on the internet. This really isn't an excuse but a genuine reason someone can't start a new life in an alien country. So these people try to raise their voices against their governments and do what they can to change the system by being part of the system but the forces of evil are way more powerful and it's better to works towards improvig your own life situation before getting involved in the political quagmire of this world.

They can start by taking inspiration from their own parents, who migrated from Pakistan to the UK in an era where there was even lesser precedent and where the land was even more alien.

They can start by taking inspiration from their own parents, who migrated from Pakistan to the UK in an era where there was even lesser precedent and where the land was even more alien.

This is called economic migration - meaning that they immigrated to another country for better financial propespects for themselves and their future generations. Happens all over the world. What sort of migration is people born and raised in a country and moving back to their parental homeland to live an inferior life where their basic human rights are not protected? Just because they don't agree with the political stance of their country's governments? Ethical Migration?

People living in the west have blood on their hands - ok

So the military establishment in Pakistan are angels and don't kill innocent Balochis, tribals, political foes, journalists etc etc. So tell me how do you clear your conscience living in Pakistan?
I don’t claim to have a clear conscience and I don’t give gyaan on morality. Overseas Pakistanis who claim the moral high ground will be shown the mirror.

Firstly, I admire your courage. You admit that you have blood on your hands. Courage that the people lack.

Why? Because I have a vote and vote for those that are not war mongering.
If the party I vote for is war mongering then I protest against and if I have to I would abstain from voting but will continue to protest.

I don't vote for or support corrupt thieves over and over again without any rvrn protesting against the injustices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t claim to have a clear conscience and I don’t give gyaan on morality. Overseas Pakistanis who claim the moral high ground will be shown the mirror.
I do. Never taken a penny? Live by the law of the land. I support PK its my identity, but IK won because he has 70% support not because of overseas PK. I know you don't have the balls to say but why have Munir and NS made your vote irrelevant and wasted.

It sounds harsh but the poor will remain poor. Show me a single poor person who ended up living like a king because of Imran Khan’s government.

The objective of a government is not to make everyone live like a king. That is not feasible. The objective of a government is to raise the collective living standard of the country and the most common factors determining that would be PPP(purchasing power) per capita and wealth inequality(Gini index). We don't have the post-2018 numbers for the Gini index so I can't comment on that.

As far as PPP per capita is concerned, it increased from $5.4K(start of PTI's term) to $6.6k(end of PTI's term). Saying all that goes to waste if I don't mention the economic disaster PMLN left for PTI to take care of in 2018 and the equally as disastrous event known as COVID-19, which greatly impacted every economy in the world including Pakistan(obviously), reducing our and the entire world's PPP per capita for the 2020-21 fiscal year.

The cherry on top is that the PPP growth was mostly propped up by production-led growth, not consumption.

The Sehat card and Ehsaas are also worth mentioning when it comes to living standards post covid.

You can read Stanford's detailed paper on Ehsaas, to get a better understanding of the program if you want.

A fruit-seller will sell fruits no matter who is in power.

No one can help the poor. The rich will always need the poor and the poor will always need the rich.

Both classes of society need each other to maintain equilibrium. Just be thankful that you are on the right side fate.

In America making less than $13.7k a year is considered living at or below the poverty line, making that much a year in South Asia would be considered a very healthy amount. When a country develops and its GDP increases so does the cost of living. The cost of the fruit is much higher in the US compared to Pakistan, meaning that the fruit seller there makes a lot more for the same amount of work as a seller in Pakistan. The reason he makes more is because the average American can afford a higher price due to their much higher income.

Do you understand now? As the economy grows, so does the amount that the average worker is compensated for. If there's more money in circulation without a devaluation, it will eventually trickle down to the low-income communities.

It seems like you were more logical when you were 12.

Of course you'd think that.

Not interested in hypotheticals. Exclude the uneducated masses and hold a fair election to decide the fate of the country.

Anyone above the age of 18 with a CNIC can vote. It is a nothing criteria.

Those uneducated masses pay tax too, they have the right to choose what’s best for their country.

If PML-N hadn’t been humiliated in this years election you’d be doing bhangra and saying how the people aren’t dumb enough to vote for Khan again.

Go to Punjab and carry a PTI flag. Call out Munir for being a criminal, call out the CJP for being a criminal. Tell me if you live to tell the story.

You can't do that over the internet while living in Pakistan let alone out on the streets of Pakistan and people like Rana gaslight us and tell us we should be grateful for the freedoms that come with being a Pakistani citizen

Not interested in hypotheticals. Exclude the uneducated masses and hold a fair election to decide the fate of the country.

Why are you still repeating this fantastical idea of limiting the voter base to a very small well-off portion of the population? I already told you that it's completely unfeasible.

Try to be realistic.

He said that it's a good thing that the elections are rigged. Tells you everything you need to know about him.
And he claims to be educated. This is the level of merit in PK that you have guys that lack intelligence and morals becoming Doctors.

Did you think IK would get a 2/3rd majority with his U15 team? Why have you guys stooped so low?

Why are you still repeating this fantastical idea of limiting the voter base to a very small well-off portion of the population? I already told you that it's completely unfeasible.

Try to be realistic.
The world order is already managed and controlled by wealthy elites in other words, the deep state that completely controls poor nations like Pakistan.

Interesting suggestion and thought exercise.

Core democratic values are built on equalizing social and economic classes.

Giving sole voting power to the educated masses will create an immediate divide between the haves and the have-nots. It will start with favorable policies for the educated/wealthy and eventually turn to a civil war or revolt as the divide increases.

This wouldn't work in any democratic nation.

The better solution is to allow democracy to flourish and invest in educating the poor. This means no rigging or interference. If the long-term education rate increases, the democratic system will strengthen as more and more educated voters enter. By educated, I mean politically educated and not just academic education.

While I know little of Pakistan's political landscape, they have likely setback their democracy with continuous interference across multiple elections.

Interesting suggestion and thought exercise.

Core democratic values are built on equalizing social and economic classes.

Giving sole voting power to the educated masses will create an immediate divide between the haves and the have-nots. It will start with favorable policies for the educated/wealthy and eventually turn to a civil war or revolt as the divide increases.

This wouldn't work in any democratic nation.

The better solution is to allow democracy to flourish and invest in educating the poor. This means no rigging or interference. If the long-term education rate increases, the democratic system will strengthen as more and more educated voters enter. By educated, I mean politically educated and not just academic education.

While I know little of Pakistan's political landscape, they have likely setback their democracy with continuous interference across multiple elections.
What he wanted to say was that this time the 5000 rps, the biryanis didn't work and he is angry because that means he can't troll us. Have you ever seen a more stupid suggestion than this.

Protests erupt across Sindh over alleged poll rigging

A day after the election results were announced, protests erupted in several districts of Sindh on Saturday, as losing candidates and their political parties alleged irregularities in the vote counting system. The Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) has called for widespread protests on February 11.

Maulana Rashid Mehmood Soomro, the provincial leader of JUI-F, led a sit-in outside a temporary office of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) in Sukkur district on Saturday. Soomro claimed that the results were manipulated to favour the Pakistan Peoples Party and warned of blocking the National Highway at 28 different locations in Sindh from Karachi to Kashmore. He set a deadline of 8am on February 11 for the ECP to accept their demands.

In Badin district, candidates from the Grand Democratic Alliance (GDA), led by former speaker of the National Assembly Dr Fehmida Mirza and former Sindh home minister Dr Zulfiqar Mirza, along with their supporters, held a sit-in protest at DC Chowk. Dr Zulfiqar alleged organised rigging through the District Returning Officers (DROs) and Returning Officers (ROs) in these elections, accusing the PPP of imposing mafias in the guise of elected representatives on the people of Badin.

Source: The Express Tribune

Protests erupt across Sindh over alleged poll rigging

A day after the election results were announced, protests erupted in several districts of Sindh on Saturday, as losing candidates and their political parties alleged irregularities in the vote counting system. The Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) has called for widespread protests on February 11.

Maulana Rashid Mehmood Soomro, the provincial leader of JUI-F, led a sit-in outside a temporary office of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) in Sukkur district on Saturday. Soomro claimed that the results were manipulated to favour the Pakistan Peoples Party and warned of blocking the National Highway at 28 different locations in Sindh from Karachi to Kashmore. He set a deadline of 8am on February 11 for the ECP to accept their demands.

In Badin district, candidates from the Grand Democratic Alliance (GDA), led by former speaker of the National Assembly Dr Fehmida Mirza and former Sindh home minister Dr Zulfiqar Mirza, along with their supporters, held a sit-in protest at DC Chowk. Dr Zulfiqar alleged organised rigging through the District Returning Officers (DROs) and Returning Officers (ROs) in these elections, accusing the PPP of imposing mafias in the guise of elected representatives on the people of Badin.

Source: The Express Tribune
Name any area of Pakistan where elections were fair. I'll wait.

Karachi police use tear gas, baton charge to disperse TLP rally

Karachi police have fired tear gas shells and baton-charged a rally of the Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) against alleged rigging in the general elections.

Soldier Bazaar police Station House Officer (SHO) Shahzad Ilyas said that TLP workers tried to gather at a busy intersection at Numaish Chowrangi on main M.A. Jinnah Road near Mazar-i-Quaid.

As law enforcers did not allow them to gather there, the TLP workers staged a sit-in at Nishtar Park in Soldier Bazaar, the SHO said, adding that the police resorted to “light” baton charges and tear gas shells to disperse the crowd.

TLP spokesperson Rehan Khan claimed that around 40 workers were detained while the SHO said around 17-18 activists were taken into custody. The detainees were later released without charges.

Karachi police use tear gas, baton charge to disperse TLP rally

Karachi police have fired tear gas shells and baton-charged a rally of the Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) against alleged rigging in the general elections.

Soldier Bazaar police Station House Officer (SHO) Shahzad Ilyas said that TLP workers tried to gather at a busy intersection at Numaish Chowrangi on main M.A. Jinnah Road near Mazar-i-Quaid.

As law enforcers did not allow them to gather there, the TLP workers staged a sit-in at Nishtar Park in Soldier Bazaar, the SHO said, adding that the police resorted to “light” baton charges and tear gas shells to disperse the crowd.

TLP spokesperson Rehan Khan claimed that around 40 workers were detained while the SHO said around 17-18 activists were taken into custody. The detainees were later released without charges.
Law and order situation becoming grave everywhere in Pakistan
The follies in elections must be addressed or else tensions may keep on brewing.

Rigging by establishment , making Pakistan weaker and weaker. They are working on creating another Bangladesh.

I'm sorry, but if I have blood on my hands, so does anyone who willingly did business with any Pakistan military-owned business, paid taxes to the Pakistani government, or any regime that sheds blood.
News, flash, every regime sheds blood, and thus no one is innocent.
Mind you, none of this surprises me. The Bible clearly states that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. The interesting thing is that if I tried to go preach that to a Muslim in Pakistan, the ridiculous blasphemy law would see me deported and most likely never allowed to return to Pakistan if I were reported by the Muslim. And I'm getting off easy. If any Pakistani Christian did that, they'd be locked in jail for years if they weren't immediately killed for daring to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Pakistan.
Where is the condemnation for such acts? Where is the sense of justice? The army clearly is OK with this, and so is most of the populace as no party has ever come to try and remove the blasphemy law.
As far as overseas Pakistanis and second-generation children of Pakistanis like myself, what's your complaint? We've sent billions over the years to Pakistan in various charitable and personal endeavors. I pay a contract accountant in Rawalpindi to handle work for me, and I actually tried several Pakistani firms before settling on him. Not once did I ever consider sending the work to India. We've invested money, we've of course helped families which helps Pakistan indirectly. We were rewarded by an establishment that decided to steal all the money and reserves PMIK built up and broke our trust with their ridiculous little stunt.
We don't care how clever or politically astute someone is if they are not first honest and honorable. IK was by no means perfect, the fact that anti-minority independents are taking seats in the NA with PTI's backing is still abhorrent. He also made poor choices when it came to the finance minister. But IK was honest, and he did a great deal of hard work to rebuild trust in Pakistan and grow the economy and exports in real dollar terms. That was all broken by a bunch of greedy thieves in the PPP and PML-N. I must give massive props to the brave masses in Pakistan for standing up and exposing the sham through their votes on Thursday. You stood up and told PML-N, PPP, and GHQ that you'd had enough and that it was time for the swamp of corruption in Islamabad to be drained. Now complete the job.

Pakistani’s need to come to the realisation that they’ll never have democracy in their country.

You cannot make a change through election, you cannot make a change through peaceful protests, you cannot make a change through SM.

The only way to bring democracy is to fight back against the establishment through a civil war. Raid their houses, drag them out to the streets.

Had there not been rigging in a few constituencies, PTI-backed independents would have won more than 130 seats for sure. Thanks to the so-called technical fault in the ECP system. We now have another tornado coming our way in the form of a mixture-type government. I am sure, PML N and PPP will never let then form the government and they will buy whatever they can to make it possible for themselves to be in power.

Mohsin Dawar was shot while protesting...

Mind you this was the guy they brought back into National Assembly along with Ali Wazeer to oust IK 2 years back.

Blatant rigging took place in Islamabad and Punjab.

Election results start coming in by 11:00 pm usually and winners start preparing there speeches late night. This time around the result was delayed till the next day and when when PTI was leading, suddenly by 10 pm of next day the results have changed completly.

Being from Pindi/Islamabad i know for a fact that people here voted PTI and no one here supports PMLN.

Anyways, what effect will this have?

- PTI never did dialogue with PMLN, and now what PMLN has done, it seems like there will never any dialogue between these two parties. We have a parliamentary system and this cannot work.
- Nawaz Sharifs legacy (if he had any) is now destroyed. He did the same in the 90s, but this time around with such blantant rigging, how is he going to spend the next 5 years as PM with any respect?
- People are not going to bother to vote as they know that establishment decides.
Don't forget Karachi. It has the most insane level of rigging.

Why? Because I have a vote and vote for those that are not war mongering.
If the party I vote for is war mongering then I protest against and if I have to I would abstain from voting but will continue to protest. I don't vote for or support corrupt thieves over and over again without any rvrn protesting against the injustices.

As I said, your morality has a price and is subject to terms & conditions.

It is not about who you vote for and how you protest. It is about the fact that you pay taxes to the government that is using your tax money to provide military aid to Israel.

Whether you vote or not, whether you protest or not, whether you agree with the foreign policy of the elected government or not - the fact remains that you continue to pay taxes.

It is not about who you vote for and how you protest. It is about the fact that you pay taxes to the government that is using your tax money to provide military aid to Israel.

Whether you vote or not, whether you protest or not, whether you agree with the foreign policy of the elected government or not - the fact remains that you continue to pay taxes.

Thank you for your reply.
It serves a purpose.

That's the same for every single person living in Britain.

PTI demands CEC's resignation

The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has demanded the immediate resignation of Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Sikandar Sultan Raja, accusing him of dereliction of his constitutional and legal duties and playing the role of a facilitator in what it termed as 'poll fraud.'

The PTI further insisted that not only should CEC Raja step down, but the members of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) should also tender their resignations.

It alleged that they colluded to strip PTI-backed candidates of the mandate bestowed upon them by the people in the February 8 general elections, marred by widespread reports of vote rigging.

Express Tribune

The Pakistan Muslim League-Functional (PML-F) and Grand Democratic Alliance (GDA) chief, Pir Sadaruddin Shah Rashidi, popularly known as Pir Pagara, has announced his refusal to accept the results of the recent general elections.

In a press conference held at Pagara House in Karachi on Monday, Pir Pagara declared his intention to vacate his two Sindh Assembly seats, citing concerns over alleged election rigging and result manipulation.

“We will not take any charity seats,” asserted Pir Pagara during the media briefing, expressing his discontent with the electoral process. He went on to claim that the manipulation of election results was not the work of Returning Officers (ROs) but rather the result of interference by unidentified entities.

"I don't feel like giving a speech. This election has come after the worst government, and we reject this election,” Pir Pagara declared, emphasising the severity of his disapproval.

Describing the election as "anti-state", Pagara drew parallels with the historical 1971 elections, where he claimed that the losing side had refused to recognise the mandate. He highlighted that he had faced pressure to dissolve the GDA before the election and had even been offered an alliance with PPP co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari. However, he rejected these proposals, asserting his commitment to the GDA's independent political stance.

Commenting on the alleged manipulation of results, Pagara stated, "All this is not the work of the ROs but of someone else," indicating his belief that external forces played a role in shaping the election outcome.

GDA leader Safdar Abbasi echoed Pir Pagara's sentiments and announced plans for a protest against election rigging and result changes. Abbasi mentioned that the protest is scheduled for Friday at 11am at Hyderabad Bypass, emphasising their commitment to peaceful demonstrations until transparent elections are conducted.

“We will not let the next government run… we will continue to protest peacefully until transparent elections are held… we will expand the scope of the protest,” affirmed Abbasi, underlining the GDA's determination to challenge the election results and demand electoral integrity.

Express Tribune

PTI demands CEC's resignation

The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has demanded the immediate resignation of Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Sikandar Sultan Raja, accusing him of dereliction of his constitutional and legal duties and playing the role of a facilitator in what it termed as 'poll fraud.'

The PTI further insisted that not only should CEC Raja step down, but the members of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) should also tender their resignations.

It alleged that they colluded to strip PTI-backed candidates of the mandate bestowed upon them by the people in the February 8 general elections, marred by widespread reports of vote rigging.

Express Tribune
The whole country has reservations about the CEC, I think he should respect the opinions of the people and resign.

Thousands of protesters have blocked highways and started a daylong strike to demonstrate against the results of last week’s general election in Pakistan.

The demonstrations on Monday follow the announcement of the final results from the February 8 vote, with tensions high amid claims of vote rigging and tampering, and intense uncertainty over the formation of the next government.

Thousands took to the streets over the weekend in Lahore, where dozens were arrested. On Monday, the party organised further protests and a strike.

A government spokesperson in the province of Balochistan, Jan Achakzai, urged protesters to “show grace” by accepting defeat and moving from the highways.

Police had previously warned that they would come down hard on illegal gatherings and cited a Section 144 order, a colonial-era law banning public gatherings.

AlJazeera

FAFEN asks ECP to investigate non-compliance by ROs

The Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) has raised concerns regarding non-compliance by Returning Officers (ROs) with instructions from the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP), citing violations that undermine transparency in the electoral process and urging the ECP to investigate non-compliance by ROs.

In a statement released on Monday FAFEN stressed the significance of adhering to legal provisions for ensuring transparency, particularly during the preparation of provisional and consolidated election results.

According to FAFEN's observations, ROs in 135 out of 260 National Assembly constituencies failed to adhere to legal provisions outlined in the Elections Act, 2017. This non-compliance includes the denial of access to FAFEN observers during the tabulation process in 135 constituencies, violating the rights of contesting candidates, their agents, and accredited observers to witness result consolidation.

Furthermore, FAFEN highlighted discrepancies in the handling of Form-45 and Form-46 by ROs, with instances of bags being opened without the presence of candidates or their agents.

Additionally, arithmetic errors in Form-45 were reported in 53 constituencies, where ROs instructed Presiding Officers to correct errors with initials before re-submitting electronically instead of with their signatures as required by Rule 84(3) Elections Rules, 2017.

The chaotic environment at tabulation centres due to inadequate arrangements for Presiding Officers further exacerbated concerns. Long queues of vehicles, lack of seating, and food arrangements contributed to disorderly proceedings in 66 constituencies, hindering the timely submission of election results and materials.

Section 55 of the Elections Act, 2017 grants the ECP authority to take action against erring election officials, public servants, and individuals in the service of Pakistan.

While acknowledging the operational challenges posed by logistical constraints, FAFEN underscored the importance of electoral transparency and called on the ECP to probe non-compliance by ROs.

SOURCE: https://tribune.com.pk/story/2456233/fafen-asks-ecp-to-investigate-non-compliance-by-ros

You also have blood on your hands. You pay taxes to the British government who used your tax money to provide military aid to Israel and also killed millions of Muslims in the WOT.
I’ve disagreed with almost everything you’ve said about democracy and PTI in this thread however this point cannot be denied. I’m a British citizen and my whole life has been controlled by a system that funds mass brutality and corruption overseas while serving only capitalism and corporate greed domestically.

I’ve disagreed with almost everything you’ve said about democracy and PTI in this thread however this point cannot be denied. I’m a British citizen and my whole life has been controlled by a system that funds mass brutality and corruption overseas while serving only capitalism and corporate greed domestically.

Taxes are compulsory of the land.

Islam says clearly, you must obey the law of the land you live in.

However, every person has intentions. Good and bad intentions are gudged by the Almighty Allah.

It's amazing how people with multiple degrees and PHDs are still so imprisoned under the guise of 'this is how it was and this is how it will be, don't stand up for yourself'. Meanwhile the average illiterate, unemployed voter has the mental freedom and optimism to vote for change, just like every developed country on the globe allows its voters to.

What a horrible thing to say, don't let the poor in Pakistan vote? You have to have a bachelors degree to vote?

Would you look at a childhood rape victim who has spent their entire life struggling to overcome the trauma, struggling to keep a job, struggling to get any help whatsoever and tell them, sorry you don't have a degree you cannot vote.

Acting like people are poor or illiterate by choice is disgusting.

Genuinely what an idiotic statement.

What a horrible thing to say, don't let the poor in Pakistan vote? You have to have a bachelors degree to vote?

Would you look at a childhood rape victim who has spent their entire life struggling to overcome the trauma, struggling to keep a job, struggling to get any help whatsoever and tell them, sorry you don't have a degree you cannot vote.

Acting like people are poor or illiterate by choice is disgusting.

Genuinely what an idiotic statement.

Genuinely horrific.

It amazes me that there are people like this

More Balochistan parties decry rigging in ‘worst elections’

Two of Balochistan’s political parties have decided to launch a protest movement against the alleged election rigging, describing the Feb 8 polls as the worst in the country’s history.

Pashtoonkhwa National Awami Party (PkNAP) Chairman Khushhal Khan Kakar and Jamhoori Watan Party (JWP) President Nawabzada Shahzain Bugti told separate press conferences on Tuesday that their parties would launch a peaceful protest against the “rigged” elections.

Mr Kakar pledged to expose those involved in rigging and announced that from Wednesday (today), highways leading from Quetta to Karachi, Dera Ismail Khan, Dera Ghazi Khan, Chaman and other cities would be closed for an indefinite period if the results of rigging were not corrected within two days.

Mr Kakar claimed that he was elected to the National Assembly with a significant margin against his rival, but the results were later allegedly changed through postal ballots.

“A pre-election and post-election rigging conspiracy was hatched against our party to block its way to the parliament and the provincial assembly,” he said. He said rigging had been started with the delimitation of constituencies and “officials known to be against us were posted as returning and district returning officers who played a role in rigging the polls”.

Mr Kakar also accused the deputy commissioner of Qila Saifullah of receiving bribe for playing his role in changing election results. He said Quetta’s deputy commissioner had threatened a PkNAP leader, Nasrullah Zerey, saying, “Let’s see how you win elections.”

He appealed to all Baloch, Pashtoon and Hazara nationalist party leaders, including Pashtoonkhwa Milli Awami Party (PkMAP) Chairman Mehmood Khan Achakzai, to join hands with PkNAP in the movement launched against the alleged rigging.

He mentioned irregularities in NA-251, NA-262, NA-265 and NA-263. He also condemned the firing on Mohsin Dawar and demanded the arrest of attackers.

Shahzain slams ‘joke’ with people

JWP President Nawabzada Shahzain Bugti told a presser that Feb 8 was the blackest day in the country’s election history, especially for Balochistan.

“If you wanted to bring people of your own choice, we should have been told beforehand so that we could have saved the people from being harassed,” Mr Bugti said. He alleged that his party’s mandate was stolen through a conspiracy. “Around 80 polling stations of Dera Bugti were robbed,” he said.

He said a candidate from Dera Bugti had 11 votes in a polling station till night on election day, but in the morning, his votes reached 1,112 in the same polling station. “The state of Pakistan has played a joke with the people of Balochistan in the name of the election,” he said.

“Peaceful protest is our constitutional right. Protests will be recorded on the national highways of the province on Feb 15 (Thursday),” he decclared, demanding that Nadra verify votes cast at polling stations of Dera Bugti.

SOURCE: DAWN

SytG3R1.png

The judge is right. Go and cry to the TV channel if that’s your proof of rigging :ROFLMAO:

ANP says protests against ‘rigged’ elections to commence from Swabi on Feb 20​

The Awami National Party has said its protests against “rigged elections” would commence from Swabi on February 20, followed by Charsadda.

Source: Dawn News

SytG3R1.png

The judge is right. Go and cry to the TV channel if that’s your proof of rigging :ROFLMAO:
So you are saying that Nooras legally won more than 20 seats. So why have they not brought their form 45s into the open. Maybe NS stuffed them into his trousers to kill the stench of a humiliation

From Juif to Baloch parties to Ind GDA all are complaining of rigging what if this becomes a national protest , national govt. might be a possibility until the rigging cases are solved

Back