[VIDEOS] What impact will the rigging in the 2024 General Election have on Pakistan?

Major

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Blatant rigging took place in Islamabad and Punjab.

Election results start coming in by 11:00 pm usually and winners start preparing there speeches late night. This time around the result was delayed till the next day and when when PTI was leading, suddenly by 10 pm of next day the results have changed completly.

Being from Pindi/Islamabad i know for a fact that people here voted PTI and no one here supports PMLN.

Anyways, what effect will this have?

- PTI never did dialogue with PMLN, and now what PMLN has done, it seems like there will never any dialogue between these two parties. We have a parliamentary system and this cannot work.
- Nawaz Sharifs legacy (if he had any) is now destroyed. He did the same in the 90s, but this time around with such blantant rigging, how is he going to spend the next 5 years as PM with any respect?
- People are not going to bother to vote as they know that establishment decides.

2018 also saw rigging aswell, and this time the rigging was much more. People are only going to loose their belief in the Pakistani politics system

@Major sab a completely different scenario that I have woken up to today

What’s going on mate?

@Major sab a completely different scenario that I have woken up to today

What’s going on mate?
a repeat of 2018.

This time the rigging is against PTI and that too in Punjab. The results of Punjab have been fabricated to an extent that is ridiculous.

The PMLN has put their legacy at stake just for this election!

Nawaz, Shebaz, Hamza all will look bad in this.

2018 we saw the same thing, and it seems pmln is taking revenge for it. But now it looks terrible for Nawaz.

The PMLN has put their legacy at stake just for this election!

Nawaz, Shebaz, Hamza all will look bad in this.

2018 we saw the same thing, and it seems pmln is taking revenge for it. But now it looks terrible for Nawaz.
How can they look bad?

They seemingly accepted defeat last night.

How can they look bad?

They seemingly accepted defeat last night.
The rigging will destroy there legacy. PPP used to call them out in the 90s, and in 2024 it finally gets proven.

Nawaz is going to look so bad if he takes govt

The rigging will destroy there legacy. PPP used to call them out in the 90s, and in 2024 it finally gets proven.

Nawaz is going to look so bad if he takes govt
You recon Nawaz gives a flying manji if he looks bad?

He will be the PM, he’s accepted that he is hated.

He won’t get close to completing his full
term and will be humiliated out of office yet again. It may be a pyrrhic victory for him and N-League today, but in the long run, they are cooked.

IT DOES.

In history no leader wants to be looked bad. Your whole party and what you stood for gets destroyed. Nawaz in 1999 came to his sense and regret what he did in the 80s.

His political career is coming to a full circle and this is his final election. If Nawaz goes out looking very bad, PMLN gets destroyed. Right now the actual results show that PMLN has lost Punjab to PTI. ANd in future, with Nawaz destroying his legacy, his daughter wont be able to win Punjab or PMLN will never get Punjab.

IT DOES.

In history no leader wants to be looked bad. Your whole party and what you stood for gets destroyed. Nawaz in 1999 came to his sense and regret what he did in the 80s.

His political career is coming to a full circle and this is his final election. If Nawaz goes out looking very bad, PMLN gets destroyed. Right now the actual results show that PMLN has lost Punjab to PTI. ANd in future, with Nawaz destroying his legacy, his daughter wont be able to win Punjab or PMLN will never get Punjab.
You are talking like the Establishment won’t do what they want? None of what you say is bas d on the reality of your country. The law of the jungle, that’s what will prevail. They will do whatever they want.

You are talking like the Establishment won’t do what they want? None of what you say is bas d on the reality of your country. The law of the jungle, that’s what will prevail. They will do whatever they want.
establishment is only powerful till they have a lapdog. Last time it was PTI this time its PMLN.

If parties stand against the estblishment, it gets destroyed.

Nawaz has put his own legacy on the line here

IT DOES.

Especially considering the awful economic situation Pakistan are currently in, perhaps it would’ve been wise for N-League to cede to PTI in this election and build back up for a few years time, where they’d likely have a genuinely public mandate due to how tough the next few years are expected to be. Rigging the absolute out of this elections to take over a sinking with with nearly everyone despising your existence… it’s going to kill N-League in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
establishment is only powerful till they have a lapdog. Last time it was PTI this time its PMLN.

If parties stand against the estblishment, it gets destroyed.

Nawaz has put his own legacy on the line here
They will continue to have a lapdog if that’s how it works

You should understand by now they invincible

Especially considering the awful economic situation Pakistan are currently in, perhaps it would’ve been wise for N-League to cede to PTI in this election and build back up for a few years time, where they’d likely have a genuinely public mandate due to how tough the next few years are expected to be. Rigging the absolute out of this elections to take over a sinking with with nearly everyone despising your existence… it’s going to kill N-League in the long run.
I get it if he wants Maryam to keep cm chair so that she can enter politics and build a creadibility, but Nawaz should not opt for pmship. No good will come for him from this

They will continue to have a lapdog if that’s how it works

You should understand by now they invincible
it can be stopped.

Thing is, PMLN will not really be there lapdog. By the 2nd year PMLN will stand up to army and will get removed for it.

I get it if he wants Maryam to keep cm chair so that she can enter politics and build a creadibility, but Nawaz should not opt for pmship. No good will come for him from this
Wouldn’t be surprised if we see a coalition between N-League and PPP, with Zardari as president and Shehbaz as PM.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we see a coalition between N-League and PPP, with Zardari as president and Shehbaz as PM.
there wont be i think.

Bilawal made this very clear, and Ishaq Dar issued statements against PPP and Zardari. PPP will be sitting in opposition benches, unless PTI is ready to do a coalition

PTI's Shoaib Shaheen to seek 'legal recourse' against NA-47 results

PTI-backed candidate Shoaib Shaheen, addressing the media on Friday, slammed NA-47 results where PML-N's Tariq Fazal Chaudhry was declared victorious, stating that he will pursue political and legal options.

Expressing concerns about "injustice and oppression against the PTI", he claimed that the nomination papers were unjustly taken away, accusing the Returning Officers (RO) of being "experts in corruption".

Shaheen stated, "They took away our bat [PTI's electoral symbol]" as he blamed the Supreme Court for the ongoing injustice and tyranny. The PTI-backed candidate asserted, "I had a lead of more than 50,000 votes, my opponents had a total of 40,000 votes polled."

"My votes were added to Tariq's vote list," he alleged.

Express Tribune

there wont be i think.

Bilawal made this very clear, and Ishaq Dar issued statements against PPP and Zardari. PPP will be sitting in opposition benches, unless PTI is ready to do a coalition
I think it may be in the better long-term interest for both PTI and PPP to stay in the opposition and let N-League self-destruct over the next few years, possibly even months. I think Gohar Khan may have ruled out the possibility of a coalition between PTI and PPP regardless.

What impact will the rigging in the 2024 General Election have on Pakistan
Blatant rigging took place in Islamabad and Punjab.

Being from Pindi/Islamabad i know for a fact that people here voted PTI and no one here supports PMLN.

Anyways, what effect will this have?
Nothing really, the rot will continue to entrench deeper but somehow the tree still stands, just another day in Pakistan!

The ones who can will leave, the ones who cannot will continue to struggle and survive, life goes on.

I think it may be in the better long-term interest for both PTI and PPP to stay in the opposition and let N-League self-destruct over the next few years, possibly even months. I think Gohar Khan may have ruled out the possibility of a coalition between PTI and PPP regardless.
Regardless, whilst I don’t think PTI and PPP would form a coalition government, it would be smart politics on their side to work together against PMLN, whether that be by statements, accusations, legal challenges and so on.

PPP’s Sherry Rehman alleges Bilawal’s votes ‘changed’ in Lahore

PPP Senator Sherry Rehman has alleged that party chairman Bilawal
Bhutto-Zardari’s votes have gone “missing” in the NA-127 constituency of Lahore, blaming the blockage of mobile phone services for the “chaos”.

She recalled that the party was not provided with s Form 45 until 10pm yesterday and was not allowed to meet the returning officer.

“Until now, we have not received the consolidated result […] the results have been changed,” Sherry claimed.

Dawn

EU urges Pakistan to ensure full investigation of reported election irregularities​

The European Union, while reacting to allegations of rigging in Pakistan’s general elections, has called upon the relevant authorities to ensure a timely and full investigation of all reported election irregularities and to implement the recommendations of the upcoming EU Election Expert Mission report.

“The EU welcomes the increased number of women registered to vote compared to the last elections,” Peter Stano, lead spokesperson for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, said in a statement on Friday.

“We regret the lack of a level-playing field due to the inability of some political actors to contest the elections, restrictions to freedom of assembly, freedom of expression both online and offline, restrictions of access to the internet, as well as allegations of severe interference in the electoral process, including arrests of political activists,” it added.

“We therefore call upon the relevant authorities to ensure a timely and full investigation of all reported election irregularities and to implement the recommendations of the upcoming EU Election Expert Mission report.”

The EU stated that it has taken note of the completion of the polling in the elections, which took place on 8 February in Pakistan, following several months of postponement and uncertainty, and in a context of a tense security environment. “The participation by the Pakistani people to exercise their right to vote, despite systemic barriers still faced by women and persons belonging to minorities, demonstrates their commitment to democracy and the rule of law,” the spokesperson added.

The spokesperson said that the authorities were faced with the challenging task of countering serious terrorist threats and attacks. The EU condemns all acts of violence, which took place in the lead up to the elections and calls on all parties and actors to use peaceful and democratic mechanisms to settle differences, refraining from further violence.

“The EU attaches paramount importance to political pluralism, democratic values, independent media, vibrant civil society, judicial independence and international human rights standards, which are key for democratic elections,” the spokesperson said. “We call on all political actors in Pakistan to engage in a peaceful and inclusive dialogue aiming at the formation of a stable government and to respect human rights in line with the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, as well as with international treaties to which Pakistan is party.”

The EU spokesperson called Pakistan an important partner and the European Union look forward to continuing to work with the government of Pakistan on the priorities agreed in the EU-Pakistan Strategic Engagement Plan. “We encourage Pakistan to continue reforms in the areas of human rights, good governance, as well as labour rights and environmental standards, to address the shortcomings outlined in the GSP+ report of November 2023, and to continue the necessary economic reforms,” the spokesperson added.

Source: The Express Tribune

EU urges Pakistan to ensure full investigation of reported election irregularities​

The European Union, while reacting to allegations of rigging in Pakistan’s general elections, has called upon the relevant authorities to ensure a timely and full investigation of all reported election irregularities and to implement the recommendations of the upcoming EU Election Expert Mission report.

“The EU welcomes the increased number of women registered to vote compared to the last elections,” Peter Stano, lead spokesperson for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, said in a statement on Friday.

“We regret the lack of a level-playing field due to the inability of some political actors to contest the elections, restrictions to freedom of assembly, freedom of expression both online and offline, restrictions of access to the internet, as well as allegations of severe interference in the electoral process, including arrests of political activists,” it added.

“We therefore call upon the relevant authorities to ensure a timely and full investigation of all reported election irregularities and to implement the recommendations of the upcoming EU Election Expert Mission report.”

The EU stated that it has taken note of the completion of the polling in the elections, which took place on 8 February in Pakistan, following several months of postponement and uncertainty, and in a context of a tense security environment. “The participation by the Pakistani people to exercise their right to vote, despite systemic barriers still faced by women and persons belonging to minorities, demonstrates their commitment to democracy and the rule of law,” the spokesperson added.

The spokesperson said that the authorities were faced with the challenging task of countering serious terrorist threats and attacks. The EU condemns all acts of violence, which took place in the lead up to the elections and calls on all parties and actors to use peaceful and democratic mechanisms to settle differences, refraining from further violence.

“The EU attaches paramount importance to political pluralism, democratic values, independent media, vibrant civil society, judicial independence and international human rights standards, which are key for democratic elections,” the spokesperson said. “We call on all political actors in Pakistan to engage in a peaceful and inclusive dialogue aiming at the formation of a stable government and to respect human rights in line with the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, as well as with international treaties to which Pakistan is party.”

The EU spokesperson called Pakistan an important partner and the European Union look forward to continuing to work with the government of Pakistan on the priorities agreed in the EU-Pakistan Strategic Engagement Plan. “We encourage Pakistan to continue reforms in the areas of human rights, good governance, as well as labour rights and environmental standards, to address the shortcomings outlined in the GSP+ report of November 2023, and to continue the necessary economic reforms,” the spokesperson added.

oh plz

same statements were made in 2018 when rigging took place back than.

nothing will happen

what happened in 2018 was wrong, what happened today was wrong.

Can you say 2018 was wrong?
I say it has been all wrong since the late 60s. A travesty, injustice and whatever other similar adjectives you want to throw in.

A nation of nearly a quarter billion has been fooled and frolicked with, by a handful of people. It has ALL BEEN WRONG!

I say it has been all wrong since the late 60s. A travesty, injustice and whatever other similar adjectives you want to throw in.

A nation of nearly a quarter billion has been fooled and frolicked with, by a handful of people and the uniform. It has ALL BEEN WRONG!
I would gladly swap the situation where the country is ruled by the army, with political parties given some autonomy and share in governance, over having too much democracy and leaving decisions to populist and low IQ people.

Whats the situation now? Who has how many seats?
Ind = 90
PMLN = 60
PPP - 50

Ind cant form govt without party.

PMLN giving out victory speech and have asked PPP to join a coalition. Negotiations going on.
Imran and Gohar dont know how to play politics so might look like that PTI with 90 independants is going to opposition lol

Ind = 90
PMLN = 60
PPP - 50

PMLN giving out victory speech and have asked PPP to join a coalition. Negotiations going on.
Imran and Gohar dont know how to play politics so might look like that PTI with 90 independants is going to opposition lol

How will IK/PTI explain joining hands with PPP/Bhutto/Zardari?

How will IK/PTI explain joining hands with PPP/Bhutto/Zardari?
just like how they did so by joining hands with Establishment and MQM.

From an outside perspective and based on a couple of expert analyses I've read and heard.

Based on current trends (accepting they're rigged to an extent), the PML(N) will come in short of a majority...potentially between 100 and 120 seats depending on how the women seat allocation shakes out - given the unusual number of independents elected especially in Punjab, it's up in the air how those seats will be allocated.

What do the folks here think will happen? Will PMLN turn enough independents with the Army's help or do they absolutely need the PPP's support to form the government?

Two things for sure, whatever happens PPP gets to play kingmaker, and secondly Billoo will finish being Deputy PM or foreign minister!

From an outside perspective and based on a couple of expert analyses I've read and heard.

Based on current trends (accepting they're rigged to an extent), the PML(N) will come in short of a majority...potentially between 100 and 120 seats depending on how the women seat allocation shakes out - given the unusual number of independents elected especially in Punjab, it's up in the air how those seats will be allocated.

What do the folks here think will happen? Will PMLN turn enough independents with the Army's help or do they absolutely need the PPP's support to form the government?
I will give you a very short answer: whatever the Establishment want, will happen. The END!

Imran Khan is going to die in jail. I hope I am wrong but I think thats where its headed.

Two things for sure, whatever happens PPP gets to play kingmaker, and secondly Billoo will finish being Deputy PM or foreign minister!
PPP has pllayed survival politics well. People think they have no role after 2013 but since than every govt made had to rely on them.

They still win a good chunk and it increases every year. The rest they get from senate

PPP has pllayed survival politics well. People think they have no role after 2013 but since than every govt made had to rely on them.

They still win a good chunk and it increases every year. The rest they get from senate
Amen to that, people remember the last appointed government for Shahbaz's challenging tenure and a buffoon for a finance minister aka Dar, somehow PPP managed to escape Scott free. I suppose they're politicians at the end of the day and PPP have played their cards really well.

Imran Khan is going to die in jail. I hope I am wrong but I think thats where its headed.
No, I do not think so. Two years ago one would have thought it's the end of Nawaz's political career as well. I've mentioned this time and again, the establishment does not have an issue with IK, it's Munir who cannot stand him.

At some stage Munir will have made a substantial pension fund and settlement visas for the whole family in a western country, that day he'll retire, a new General will come and make peace with IK.

No, I do not think so. Two years ago one would have thought it's the end of Nawaz's political career as well. I've mentioned this time and again, the establishment does not have an issue with IK, it's Munir who cannot stand him.

At some stage Munir will have made a substantial pension fund and settlement visas for the whole family in a western country, that day he'll retire, a new General will come and make peace with IK.
Munir is establishment. I think we need to be clear who the establishment is. There are various things thrown around to confuse people. There is no "establishment" establishment.

Its just the COAS. He is the dictator. This is how the institutional monopoly has been setup. It is easier for the Americans to have their way this way. They decide the COAS and the COAS decided everything else for the nation.

The COAS is also considered an institution. The general who becomes COAS, is like God and nobody can go against him because they all know who is backing him.

Ind = 90
PMLN = 60
PPP - 50

Why is Sharif behaving as if he won a landslide?

Some wins like Khawaja Asif and Nawaz Sharif himself are clearly rigged.Mathematically impossible results.

Some wins like Khawaja Asif and Nawaz Sharif himself are clearly rigged.Mathematically impossible results.
The funny thing is that Nawaz expected a 2/3rd majority from the establishment. Even with the unprecedented pre-poll and election day rigging, his party don’t even have a basic majority and will have to scramble up a coalition government that will not see out their full term.

Munir is establishment. I think we need to be clear who the establishment is. There are various things thrown around to confuse people. There is no "establishment" establishment.

Its just the COAS. He is the dictator. This is how the institutional monopoly has been setup. It is easier for the Americans to have their way this way. They decide the COAS and the COAS decided everything else for the nation.

The COAS is also considered an institution. The general who becomes COAS, is like God and nobody can go against him because they all know who is backing him.
You are right Munir calls the shots and say what one would about the establishment, they will not break rank.... well, not yet anyway. Throughout history the civilian establishment relationship tear down happens when the establishment undergoes leadership changes.

Munir and IK have personal hatred towards each other and they've staked the country in this personal battle of egos. Everyone knows the story so I will not repeat it here. When Munir goes the new general will not wear this baggage, they'll have no issues shaking hands with IK. Right now the Munir/IK equation is the stumbling bloc.

Because they will be getting atleast 60 reserve seats and hopeing for a coalition with other parties against PTI

PML N Stalwards like Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Miftah Ismail, Muhammad Zubair are now distancing themselves from PML N and even mocking the Sharif Brothers for going to bed with the millitary so nakedly.

Raoof Hasan, the Central Secretary Information of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), held a press conference on Friday alleging blatant rigging in the general elections held yesterday. Hasan claimed that the outcome of the elections had been manipulated overnight, with those initially winning being declared losers and vice versa.

Addressing the media regarding the results of the 2024 general elections, Hasan proudly declared that PTI had emerged as the single-largest political force in the center, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P), and Punjab. He credited the massive voter turnout to the public's unwavering support for PTI founder Imran Khan to be the next prime minister.

However, the PTI Central Information Secretary warned against any attempts to subvert the people's decision, stating that such efforts would have dire consequences. He emphasised the need for those in power to respect the choice made by the electorate.

You are right Munir calls the shots and say what one would about the establishment, they will not break rank.... well, not yet anyway. Throughout history the civilian establishment relationship tear down happens when the establishment undergoes leadership changes.

Munir and IK have personal hatred towards each other and they've staked the country in this personal battle of egos. Everyone knows the story so I will not repeat it here. When Munir goes the new general will not wear this baggage, they'll have no issues shaking hands with IK. Right now the Munir/IK equation is the stumbling bloc.
I dont agree at all with your part about "egos" in this whole thing.

Bajwa and US both wanted him out for various reasons, and they got him out. Munir was not even the COAS. When Imran outed how he ws removed and the role US played (the whole cipher case), now they are the ones who made it personal to keep him out and stop the nation from awakening to how the country has been controlled at this time.

Munir is jhust carying on the dirty work Bajwa began. Imran is just trying to fight back. I dont think the egos are in play here. Its just about control of the country by proxy and maintaining that status quo. Because God forbid the people of Pakistan wake up and take the control of their country back. Where will the US fly their drones from?

I wonder what impact it will have on the general Pakistani public? They are often referred to as conspiracy theorists because they don't accept news served up by powerful media groups, so following the internet/cell service blackout, if PTI doesn't win when all indications were that it was headed for victory, they will know they have no real say in who runs their country.

Is protesting even allowed these days or would they fear being targeted and pursued by the authorities?

I wonder what impact it will have on the general Pakistani public? They are often referred to as conspiracy theorists because they don't accept news served up by powerful media groups, so following the internet/cell service blackout, if PTI doesn't win when all indications were that it was headed for victory, they will know they have no real say in who runs their country.

Is protesting even allowed these days or would they fear being targeted and pursued by the authorities?
It is true that the Pakistani people love their conspiracy theories. In this case, though, its not just a theory anymore. It is proven and proven as a conspiracy.

What Pakistani people are also known for is their lack of action. Now the cat is out of the bag and yet, they will continue to vent their anger and frustrations from the sofas because ... lets be honest. They did try a bit and were completely crushed and violaed by their own protectors. The sort of tactics that were utilized to unleash fury on your own people, we complain about Israel doing that stuff to the Palestinians.

Pakistan is like a jungle for the common man. The short answer to your question is: No impact. They will accept this and move on with their lives.

Actually establishment doesn't want to give a majority to any party. That's how they can maintain control over them. So after these elections i don't think we will get a stable government that can last more than 2 years.

I dont agree at all with your part about "egos" in this whole thing.

Bajwa and US both wanted him out for various reasons, and they got him out. Munir was not even the COAS. When Imran outed how he ws removed and the role US played (the whole cipher case), now they are the ones who made it personal to keep him out and stop the nation from awakening to how the country has been controlled at this time.

Munir is jhust carying on the dirty work Bajwa began. Imran is just trying to fight back. I dont think the egos are in play here. Its just about control of the country by proxy and maintaining that status quo. Because God forbid the people of Pakistan wake up and take the control of their country back. Where will the US fly their drones from?
Munir is 2x smarter and ruthless than Bajwa, not even a competition.

Munir is 2x smarter and ruthless than Bajwa, not even a competition.
He is probably 10 times more ruthless than Bajwa, but smarter ... I am not sure. I have read anecdotes here and there that he has a huge anger management issue, can be very rigid and stubborn. I dont necessarily consider those qualities as being smart.

I mean, lets have a look at the current situation. The Establishment got away with these tactics over the last 30-40 years. If we had the social media and internet, awareness, etc back in '71 Bangladesh would not have happened. Anybody can see the dirty deeds being done and it changes the public opinion and perception. They successfully passed themselves off as saviors of the nation, etc, etc.

But in 2024, people know better and there is better visibiity around their actions. People have more awareness and its not as easy to sway public opinion through their propaganda anymore, although they do try the best they can. Continuing to push your agenda so openly and with utter disregard of people's perception can backfire in this day and age. People already showed them what they feel about them and they are still carrying on with this dirty stuff.

I would not call it smart. They have ruined their reputation and the establishment's approval is probably at an all time low and it keeps going lower and lower. I am fearful there may come a point where either there is a mutiny internall and a bloody coup or people themselves get out and against them. Either way it could get bloody and messy. Smart leaders avoid this stuff.

PML-N candidate Muhammad Afzal has won the NA-125 seat from Chiniot with 65,102 votes, according to provisional results released by the ECP.

The runner-up is PTI-backed candidate Javed Umar with 51,144 votes.

The impact remains to be seen. As has been noted in other threads, PTI-backed candidates are immediately going to court and the courts so far have answered them positively. If you get 75-100 PTI candidates suing to contest the results because they lost, even winning half of them would have PTI on track for the largest plurality among the legislature with 139-150 seats.
The bigger question for me is the reserved spots. apparently, it's proportional among the parties getting more than 5%, so for PTI to gain access they would need to have all of their candidates join a single party, and with the way things are rigged only the PPP and PML-N will get those seats. MWM did not get over 5% so joining that party probably wouldn't resolve the issue. PTI isn't getting majority without 172 seats, correct? Or is majority determined only by elected seats?

This elections have left no face-saving for Establishment and PMLN. This elections are now widely reported in international media.

Guardian - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/09/pakistan-election-2024-results-delays
NYT - https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/09/world/asia/pakistan-election-results.html
Economist - https://www.economist.com/asia/2024/02/09/confusion-reigns-in-pakistans-rigged-election
Time - https://time.com/6693147/pakistan-election-results-imran-khan-pti-military/
FT - https://www.ft.com/content/35a6dd5b-2924-40ad-a650-004ec6379e00

So far we have had official statements from EU, UK and US all of whom expressing serious concerns over the irregularities in this election. We have had numerous counts of international congressmen/congresswoman, diplomats, politicians, activists, etc all who are openly condemning these elections.

Given the track record of our Establishment they would prefer to die rather accept their defeat and have shame. So if things do worsen on international scale then we can expect more direct influence of military.

On the flip side this is what a revolution by polls look like. Pakistan has awaken. Pakistan no longer agrees to be ruled over by military either directly or indirectly.

The impact remains to be seen. As has been noted in other threads, PTI-backed candidates are immediately going to court and the courts so far have answered them positively. If you get 75-100 PTI candidates suing to contest the results because they lost, even winning half of them would have PTI on track for the largest plurality among the legislature with 139-150 seats.
The bigger question for me is the reserved spots. apparently, it's proportional among the parties getting more than 5%, so for PTI to gain access they would need to have all of their candidates join a single party, and with the way things are rigged only the PPP and PML-N will get those seats. MWM did not get over 5% so joining that party probably wouldn't resolve the issue. PTI isn't getting majority without 172 seats, correct? Or is majority determined only by elected seats?

Am reading red alerts on twitter that the Pak army have decided to take out IK, Bushra Begum via poisonings and want to blame it on a prisoner gone bad. They have concluded they cannot do anything to PTI's popularity as long as IK remains in the picture and they are confident they can control the aftermath with brutal force.

There is now severe pressure on the UK, UK from Human Rights organizations that they have to stop supporting the establishment in Pakistan because the blatant rigging which took place in this election is not sustainable.

I don't understand what rigging PTI supporters are talking about. PTI already has 99 seats, according to Al Jazeera's latest updates.

I don't understand what rigging PTI supporters are talking about. PTI already has 99 seats, according to Al Jazeera's latest updates.

Bro, I’ve seen quite a lot of prominent PML-N figures talk about rigging, pmln supporters on SM are saying it as well.

This could’ve been avoided had they not delayed the results.

There's been news reporting showing massive swings and changes in the vote that made PTI-backed candidates lose after they were massively ahead and reported as such (i.e. Rehana Dar). There are also arguments about clear material differences between the vote counts on Form 45s going from the polling sites and the Form 47 result letters being provided by Return Officers.

Per the Form 45s received PTI should have around 179 seats if media reports are correct.

99 seats is manageable for the establishment to work the masala magic and coalitions, but still portray to the world that elections were a fair process. 135+ seats they wouldn't be able to do that... so the riggers got to work in Punjab.

Such shameful and shameless people it’s beyond belief….

The problem is there is nothing that can be done, the army are in on it, who to turn to….

This is share brutality and it’s the poor and those struggling to get any justice that will suffer - it’s heartbreaking…

We must make Dua and ask help from Allah and hope things change…

Of course, I said it sarcastically because I see a lot of drama from PTI supporters.
So asking for fair elections is drama? Asking for votes not to be stolen and having upto 80 seats stolen is drama. Sorry Bro, I am confused. The Nooras didn't win 20 seats, all their family members lost but establishment has so far given them 64. That is the real drama.

So asking for fair elections is drama? Asking for votes not to be stolen and having upto 80 seats stolen is drama. Sorry Bro, I am confused. The Nooras didn't win 20 seats, all their family members lost but establishment has so far given them 64. That is the real drama.
Why didn't you raise your voice during the 2018 General Elections when the establishment was favoring PTI? Just answer this specific question

And if the establishment were favoring PML-N, then they would have already achieved a clean sweep.

PPP and PML-N could sit on opposition benches and offer support to PTI-backed Independent to form the federal government. In this way, post-election drama could be neutralized.

Why didn't you raise your voice during the 2018 General Elections when the establishment was favoring PTI? Just answer this specific question
How exactly? NS was in jail for being a criminal, and if you have receipts for hidden assets please post on here so that he and we can see them h. Was the PML-N banned? SS was favoured by Bajwa, the PTI was done out of seats by Bajwa including Khawaja and Rana winning exactly in the same fashion ie machines being turned off. Was the PML-N stopped from campaigning? Or banned from TV. What exactly are you talking about.

And if the establishment were favoring PML-N, then they would have already achieved a clean sweep.
Really? Your coming out with gems tonight. They can barely win 20 seats,all their family lost their seats and the PTI is banned,what more help do you need?

PPP and PML-N could sit on opposition benches and offer support to PTI-backed Independent to form the federal government. In this way, post-election drama could be neutralized.
No thanks. We need representation off the people that won. We don't want help from criminals

Its funny how @Major & @Rana are concerned at the state of events. Were you expecting anything different? This was on the cards since long time ago.

Back