Virat Kohli clarifies he is available for selection for ODI series against South Africa (update #95)

Today Virat will address the media before departure for the SA tour.
Let's see what his response if this question of him not playing ODI's is asked.

Kohli has a free run for good 4-5 years when he was the undisputed king of Indian cricket, from selection to toss decision to appointing coaches, everything was decided by one man. Kohli should remember how he threw out kumble unceremeniously to get shastri as coach. How he literally destroyed the career of a few good players like Kuldeep Yadav. How his decision making went unquestioned even at time of major losses.

What Rubbish?
Bhakths and BJP pro media spreading rumours is true. I can show you as many as you want if mods are allowed me to post here.

You ignored "If Kohli had won 2015 WC or 2017 CT or 2019 WC or 2021 WCT20 he would not have been fired. He has failed repeatedly and now his supporters start crying about "bhakts" after he is fired." Quite simply, he was given many chances when he should have been fired after the 2017 CT loss when he replaced India's best bowler in the group game against Pakistan Umesh with Ashwin.

Kohli simply isn't a good captain, which should also be evident from his pathetic record as an IPL captain.

Great batsman, but you need to accept that he is a poor captain. Time to move on from him.

Kohli says available for selection in ODIs.

Breaking news : Watching his conference live right now.
So, it seems it was all fake news propagated by the media.
Whom do we trust?

No smoke without fire. Kohli PR still seething, just have a look at their daily twitter outrage and mudslinging.

Nobody is irreplaceable, that must be clear especially after 2020-21 Border-Gavaskar series. No individual is bigger than the team, BCCI must be proactive and cut ties with any trouble making prima donna in our setup. Maybe 1 or 2 of these 'superstars' can try for a career in Bollywood.

LIVE: Virat Kohli Press Meet

"I was and I am available for selection all this time. You shouldn't be asking me these questions, you should ask those who are writing these stories and sources, they're not credible - I was always keen to play ODIs".

"I was informed that the 5 selectors have decided to go ahead without me as ODI captain and I was fine with that".

"I've always taken pride in batting at my best. While captaining the Limited Overs side, I've given my best. Nothing can bring a dip in my motivation".

"I was contacted 1.5 hours before selection committee meet. The chief selector discussed the Test team. Before ending the call the selectors told me I won't be ODI captain and I was fine.

Currently he is answering about his sacking as ODI captain.
He is saying he understand the decision to sack him. There is nothing between me and Rohit.
I have been clarifying this since past 2 years and I am tired to this action.
No action of mine will be to bring down Indian cricket.

Typing this live :)

No smoke without fire. Kohli PR still seething, just have a look at their daily twitter outrage and mudslinging.

Nobody is irreplaceable, that must be clear especially after 2020-21 Border-Gavaskar series. No individual is bigger than the team, BCCI must be proactive and cut ties with any trouble making prima donna in our setup. Maybe 1 or 2 of these 'superstars' can try for a career in Bollywood.

Bhai give it a rest now. There is no smoke and no fire. The journalists want some click baits.
That is all.

"I am always available for selection in ODI .Don't be so quick to believe everything you hear, because lies travel faster than the truth"

-- Kohli

Nobody is bigger than sports: India's sports Min Anurag Thakur

Sports Minister Anurag Thakur on alleged rift between Virat Kohli-Rohit Sharma: Nobody is bigger than sports

Union Sports Minister Anurag Thakur reacted to the alleged rift between two Indian captains, Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli, saying nobody is bigger than sports and concerned federations or associations should provide information about the matter.

"Sports is supreme & nobody is bigger than sports. I can't you give info as to what's going on between which players in what game. It's the job of concerned federations/associations. It'll be better if they give info,"

Full article: https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cricket/story/sports-minister-anurag-thakur-on-alleged-rift-between-virat-kohli-rohit-sharma-nobody-is-bigger-than-sports-1887992-2021-12-15

Apparently, Kohli has agreed to play in the LOI's after some backchannel talks with the board. Bad move by the board, as I don't see this ending here itself. India would've been better off with VK not in the LOI side, as that would've given the board & fans an opportunity to test the strength & character of this side, without it's superstar at helm.

No problem between me and Rohit, I am always happy to play under him, have been clarifying for two years. I am tired now: Kohli

:qdkcheeky

Sports Minister Anurag Thakur on alleged rift between Virat Kohli-Rohit Sharma: Nobody is bigger than sports

Union Sports Minister Anurag Thakur reacted to the alleged rift between two Indian captains, Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli, saying nobody is bigger than sports and concerned federations or associations should provide information about the matter.

"Sports is supreme & nobody is bigger than sports. I can't you give info as to what's going on between which players in what game. It's the job of concerned federations/associations. It'll be better if they give info,"

Full article: https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cricket/story/sports-minister-anurag-thakur-on-alleged-rift-between-virat-kohli-rohit-sharma-nobody-is-bigger-than-sports-1887992-2021-12-15

Apparently, Kohli has agreed to play in the LOI's after some backchannel talks with the board. Bad move by the board, as I don't see this ending here itself. India would've been better off with VK not in the LOI side, as that would've given the board & fans an opportunity to test the strength & character of this side, without it's superstar at helm.
Another yellow gutter journalism. Now trying to save face as their sources were fake.

Rohit says no problem with Virat.

Virat says no problem with Rohit.

Everything else, it just pure rumour. Lot of Gossip Aunties.

I dislike Kohli's captaincy, and his own behaviour on the cricket field when he celebrates small meaningless victories (and he has plenty of them in random bilateral series) and how he had made some obvious mistakes in icc tournaments - not playing shami in NZ semis, playing pandya in t20 wc, selecting and playing established failures like Dinesh Karthik in a wc semi and then making a show at dressing room boundary when rookie pant got out. I also dislike how his wife has tried to establish herself as Mrs. cricket by being part of official team photographs etc etc . So yes I am one of those who's happy to see him sacked as odi captain.

But as an individual i hav tremendous amount of respect for him, more than any other cricketer who played for India and today's press conference only reinforced that feeling. If he's telling the truth, and i am sure he is, then I must say he's the first Indian cricketer who's not afraid of bcci and is ready to tell the truth to public, which we all deserve to know.

Rohit says no problem with Virat.

Virat says no problem with Rohit.

Everything else, it just pure rumour. Lot of Gossip Aunties.

Who cares if they are friends or hate each other?

Imran Khan and Javed Mianded weren't exactly friends on the field but all that mattered was Pakistan winning games. For that both had to be playing together.

I think way too much is being made of this and next will be a Bollywood movie about the rivalry

Back