Warm up game: Pakistan -vs- Sri Lanka Cricket XI

IAJ said:
Khurram Manzoor is playing well against the spinner Muthumudalige Pushpakumara.
If he can see off the new ball, he will be good to have against murali and mendis.

Khurram can play spin well thats for sure , he scored some good runs against them in ODIs and tests too but he will be tested on spinning tracks

another 6 from KM. he is really going after the spinners here. His SR have moved beyond 50.

Wassixpakistani said:
What am i saying , He's got a strikerate of 90 with 11 fours and 1 six.He must had something different to eat

His back in the sub continent he feels more at home with his 'brown colleagues :)

This partnership will now give selection headaches to YK.Wether he will go for Malik to open the Innings or will he stick to these two for the 1st test will be a big decision for him as that will affect the team composition.

These two should retire shortly misbah needs some time in the middle and yousaf also needs some practice.

In Wassixpakistani Language

Salman Butt is now the one again suffering from Butt Syndrome.

Another six by Khurram

He surely is suffering from Afridi Syndrome.

Khurram :O i din't know he can do this are there any live scorecards? in steafd of cricinfo they dont show it ballll by ball

HuZi said:
Khurram :O i din't know he can do this are there any live scorecards? in steafd of cricinfo they dont show it ballll by ball

Dont think so.

Ok Butt is Gone.

Last Bat Salman Butt c Paranavitana b Suraj 82 (102b 13x4 1x6) SR: 80.39

Fall of wicket: 153/1 (31.6 ov); Partnership: 153 runs, 32.0 overs, RR: 4.78

Afridi_Fan said:
And Butt Sahib is gone?

Or may be retired.YK comes to bat.
he is caught out this suraj guy seems to eb quite good and he got 3 mmm's in his name MMM Suraj

Why is it Salman Butt has a better strike rate in a test game than he did in a T20?

At Tea Day-2

Sri Lanka Cricket XI 345/5d

Pakistanis 173/1 (40.0 ov)

Kean0 said:
Why is it Salman Butt has a better strike rate in a test game than he did in a T20?

Because he thinks Test cricket is the Real game and T20 is just fun cricket like WWF :)

Now this makes selection so very difficult
Manzoor scores, Butt scores, so where does Malik go? I think its now gonna be between Malik and Razzak

Salman Butt continues with the trend of scoring runs in meaningless games . Im not saying he shouldnt , but let see if he can start scoring when it matters... Because in tests he has been way below par..

Last edited:
And YK is Gone

Last Bat Younis Khan c Suraj b Pushpakumara 37 (40b 2x4 2x6) SR: 92.50

Fall of wicket: 207/2 (44.4 ov); Partnership: 54 runs, 12.4 overs, RR: 4.26

Khurram man make some fast hundred 3 balls hgit them for 6 and than a single :p

Scoring at a strike rate of 100, 6 off 6 balls.

Did we miss him or what.

Pakistani Batsmen are looking in good touch, Or is the Bowling just too weak?

Last Bat Khurram Manzoor c Suraj b Pushpakumara 83 (136b 6x4 4x6) SR: 61.02

Fall of wicket: 216/3 (46.4 ov); Partnership: 9 runs, 2.0 overs, RR: 4.50

The long awaited middle order jori of misbah and yousuf is finaly togeather at the crease..

It's been a good practice game so far. All the bowlers got a bowl, and the top order have all had significant time to bat. Hopefully the middle order will get the same.

We should look to bat at least half of tomorrow and then give our bowlers another 40 overs or so.

On another note, this pitch really is a road. I'm not sure if that is indicative of what to expect or it's a ploy of camouflage.

After watching this game the team has to think about the below:

Playing Kaneria & Ajmal is disaster, the team has to decide to replace one with Malik, the first test Kaneria should play if performs well stick with him. Below is what I prefer
Manzoor
Butt
Younis
Yousuf
Malik
Misbah
Akmal
Razzaq
Kaneria
Gul
Amer or Rauf

I would play a spinner instead of Razzaq.He is not that good batsman of spin bowling and I am not sure if his bowling is of Test quality or not.

And I am sure we will get a turning track in the Test Match very much opposite to this wicket, On this wicket no one can spin the bowl so I dont think it will be right to judge the performance of Kaneria and Ajmal on this track.

If the pich of Test match is turning then Play two spinners and drop Razzaq.And if it appears that it might assist the seamers, then go for Razzaq and drop Ajmal, because I dont think YK will drop Kaneria ahead of Ajmal.

Last Bat Misbah-ul-Haq c Kandamby b Suraj 15 (18b 2x4 0x6) SR: 83.33

Fall of wicket: 238/4 (51.3 ov); Partnership: 22 runs, 4.5 overs, RR: 4.55

GIVE Fawad Alam A Chance for God' sake Younis....Khan......

When is this guys gonna get a chance........ if he is not even playing warm up games........

Back