Warm up game: Pakistan -vs- Sri Lanka Cricket XI

At Lunch Day 2.

Sri Lanka Cricket XI 345/5d

Pakistanis 26/0 (8.0 ov)

The Lankans have a decent bowling attack, atleast the opning combo wha have played many matches for SL so this will be a good outing for our boys. Butt saab must be feeling more comfortable now as this is the only format he should be in.

hurray , i left when pak innings were sarted , i thought we had lost a wicket by now but seeing that everything is good , I think ever since Butt saw that Younis will have no hesitation in dropping him he has been good but i wont praise him until he scores a century today.Khurram has done a good job so far.
Another Good thing.
Yaayyyy im a Local Club player now promotion :yk

Last edited:
Wassixpakistani said:
hurray , i left when pak innings were sarted , i thought we had lost a wicket by now but seeing that everything is good , I think ever since Butt saw that Younis will have no hesitation in dropping him he has been good but i wont praise him until he scores a century today.Khurram has done a good job so far.
Another Good thing.
Yaayyyy im a Local Club player now promotion :yk

Yes and I'm your captain so you better field,bat and bowl well to keep your place in the team :D

iZeeshan said:
Manzoor finding it hard out there...

6 runs off 29 balls.

He is waiting for the spinners. Right now he has more than enough to do to keep his wicket. But against spinners he is good player.

Butt is absolutely rocking it out there!

7 fours, 3 in that over.

35 off 40 now.

Pak 44/0

Another one by butt , i guess the little guy is showing his critics that he can bat fast if he wants

SheerIndianpace said:
Out of the five wickets that was taken, one was retired out.
Impressive!

And India is the only side that can stop South Africa from winning the T20 World Cup.

Impressive

SheerIndianpace said:
Out of the five wickets that was taken, one was retired out.
Impressive!

Well it seems like it is a belter of a wicket so Pakistan will take the four wickets, besides they arrived just on saturday evening. Its humid out there as well. Umar Gul is not playing +++
After all its only a warm up! :D

I hope Younis khan is wise enough to see that khurram is playing slow only because of the situation

Boundary for Khurram.

I'd rather he took singles and doubles, but okay, will do for now.

Afridi_Fan said:
And India is the only side that can stop South Africa from winning the T20 World Cup.

Impressive

Lols, even i remember that post/thread :))

LoL.............These 2 openers are playing the same way they were playing in their last test opening stand , Boundry and Boundry

Afridi_Fan said:

Impressive

lets see how Pak do in the longer format, although they aren't exact the top team, yet the task for the batsmen and bowlers appears to be huge ;/

Wassixpakistani said:
LoL.............These 2 openers are playing the same way they were playing in their last test opening stand , Boundry and Boundry

Yes even murali and mendis were taken to the Dhoubis.

50 up in the 12th over!

SheerIndianpace said:
lets see how Pak do in the longer format, although they aren't exact the top team, yet the task for the batsmen and bowlers appears to be huge ;/

You better think abt the Indians, who are finding it difficult to contain a number 9 ranked team in the ODIs at the moment. We can take care of The Champions ourself.

You read when I wrote the words The Champions Right?

Not the first time i have seen Butt bully bowler in practice games, domestic games only to look completely at sea in real games.

Afridi_Fan said:
You better think abt the Indians, who are finding it difficult to contain a number 9 ranked team in the ODIs at the moment. We can take care of The Champions ourself.

You read when I wrote the words The Champions Right?

Why bring Indian team here, besides the series is 1-1 till now.

Champions??? who is champions at test level? the current series is not even among the top 3 teams.

Savak said:
Not the first time i have seen Butt bully bowler in practice games, domestic games only to look completely at sea in real games.

Still the best you have, need to retain him in test squad.

SheerIndianpace said:

Champions??? who is champions at test level? the current series is not even among the top 3 teams.

What was that ad like,

Jal Gaya Burnol Lagiyan :D

SheerIndianpace said:

Yes we know Pakistan is not a quality test side atm we are missing some key stars and we have played stop-start cricket for last 2 -3 years so its obvious we have suffered. But we have tasted top 3 success regularly unlike some other countries and know how to get their, just give this side some continous cricket and I am sure we will be right up there with SA & Aus.

btw Lanka totally demolished a famous battng line-up in the past home series

Last edited:
Savak said:
If a game is non-televised and you get the stands empty he will even smack Marshal,Holding and Garner for 200+

Pakistan is not a quality test side but we never tried to hijack cricket by threatening that if one of our team members is banned for some racial remarks then we will boycott the ongoing tour.

Having said that with MoYo back in the ranks and Asif will be available soon, I wonder why there was a news a few days ago that BCCI doesnt want to play Pakistan in the future.

Is the Top Ranked side/board is afraid of some sort of backlash.You dont have to be a genius to get to a conclusion.

Muthumudalige Pushpakumara is bowling now. Very hard to pronounce his name correctly.

Afridi_Fan said:
Pakistan is not a quality test side but we never tried to hijack cricket by threatening that if one of our team members is banned for some racial remarks then we will boycott the ongoing tour.

Having said that with MoYo back in the ranks and Asif will be available soon, I wonder why there was a news a few days ago that BCCI doesnt want to play Pakistan in the future.

Is the Top Ranked side/board is afraid of some sort of backlash.You dont have to be a genius to get to a conclusion.

No you don't need to be a genius to guess that, likewise you don't need to be silly to suggest that India is actually afraid of playing this with of this Pak test team.
The reason is politics and Indian board do go by the govt advice.

Something must be really wrong when Butt Saab is the main hitter at the crease.
Khurram Manzoor should move on now. This is a warm-up match!

SheerIndianpace said:
No you don't need to be a genius to guess that, likewise you don't need to be silly to suggest that India is actually afraid of playing this with of this Pak test team.
Pakistan is quite a mediocre team these days thats why its bothering you Indians more that we took away your T-20 crown while you were brutally thrown out of the tournament despite being the fancied side. :yk

SheerIndianpace said:
Any chance of k Manzoor playing the next 20/20 event ?:yk
yeah will make the game more competitive when we take on India.

SheerIndianpace said:

I am silly and you are a Genius.

Can I ask you where you were when India lost 3 wickets in 1st two over against Windies.You were no where to be seen on this forum.Or You just show up to criticise Pakistan Cricket Team or show us your Insight (about one Particular Thread) about the game.

You were nowhere once again when Pakistan beat South Africa in T20 Semi-Final or even Sri Lanka in the Final.

If I am wrong, please correct me.

Xoib said:
Pakistan is quite a mediocre team these days thats why its bothering you Indians more that we took away your T-20 crown while you were brutally thrown out of the tournament despite being the fancied side. :yk

I'm not bothered atall my friend, i'm just worried about Pak bowling attack, i think they would struggle badly against the lankans in test series

Afridi_Fan said:
I am silly and you are a Genius.

Can I ask you where you were when India lost 3 wickets in 1st two over against Windies.You were no where to be seen on this forum.Or You just show up to criticise Pakistan Cricket Team or show us your Insight (about one Particular Thread) about the game.

You were nowhere once again when Pakistan beat South Africa in T20 Semi-Final or even Sri Lanka in the Final.

If I am wrong, please correct me.

You are silly again.
I was on the forum when India lost the 20/20 race, i was here when Pak won the 20/20 cup, you don't need to be an einstein to understand that i can't be here all the time.
BTW, i wasn't even here when India won the 1 ODI against WI? huh
You are simply a lost.

SheerIndianpace said:
I'm not bothered atall my friend, i'm just worried about Pak bowling attack, i think they would struggle badly against the lankans in test series
every man and his dog knows that but then we have untreid guys like Rauf,Aamir and Ajmal maybe they can create surprise you can only get better once you play and that Pakstan has not done much recently.

SheerIndianpace said:

Dont bother about us, when the time comes you will see.Just like you saw in the previous tournament.

But I am really bothered how Indians are going to play on a bouncy track, as lately they have been exposed very badly by the likes of Windies and England.And seriously you wont count these 2 teams who have the best pace attack around.Or do you?

SheerIndianpace said:
You are silly again.
I was on the forum when India lost the 20/20 race, i was here when Pak won the 20/20 cup, you don't need to be an einstein to understand that i can't be here all the time.
BTW, i wasn't even here when India won the 1 ODI against WI? huh
You are simply a lost.

Thank You, I am sorry I am Lost.Thank You for correcting me, although I still cant stop :))) :))) at that India Is the Only Side thread.

Afridi_Fan said:
Thank You, I am sorry I am Lost.Thank You for correcting me, although I still cant stop :))) :))) at that India Is the Only Side thread.

Like Afridi, their fans can get lost very soon :))) :))) :)))

50 is up for Butt Saab. Needs to make a big century here.

SheerIndianpace said:
Yea, cause our batting was the reason we did well against Australia in the 5 ODI's and we won the T20 cup. Umar Gul isn't playing and you can't just assume one bad bowling performance in a warm up match means we have a weak bowling line up. I thought we had enough assumptions from you already?(Only India can beat SA).

Someone should really teach our batsman how to play according to format , they take T20 and One days as Test cricket and make Test cricket into T20s and ODIs.

Butt Sahib has completely lost it, he is thinking as if he is playing against the Indians.

SheerIndianpace said:
Butt is trying to be Veeru for a day, Veeru against his fav pace attack!

Ok I was being stupid by dragging India into this thread.From where does this Mr Veeru poped up?

And if you dont have double standards what will you call yourself now? :D

hmmmmm :13: maybe younis requested the psychologist to make butt think that every opposition is indian.
GENIUS :yk

SheerIndianpace said:
Butt is trying to be Veeru for a day, Veeru against his fav pace attack!

I'm sorry but veeru would have gotten a century by now.Butt is playing like his usual self......almost usual

What am i saying , He's got a strikerate of 90 with 11 fours and 1 six.He must had something different to eat

Wassixpakistani said:
I'm sorry but veeru would have gotten a century by now.Butt is playing like his usual self......almost usual

Can't completely match him naa, but still played in Veeru's style.

100 is up for Pakistan. The dangerous thing afer a long Pakistan partnership is that we lose wickets very quickly, line lagg jati hai. Hope this doesn't happen today.

Wassixpakistani said:
What am i saying , He's got a strikerate of 90 with 11 fours and 1 six.He must had something different to eat
Woah, thats better than his T20 matches!

Khurram Manzoor is playing well against the spinner Muthumudalige Pushpakumara.
If he can see off the new ball, he will be good to have against murali and mendis.

Back