Weakness against spin!

HamzaSaeen

ODI Debutant
Runs
So i was facing my coach today, and i found i had serious weakness against spin. Both off and leg. He bowled off spin on the middle stump line, i expected it to turn so i left it but it went on to hit my leg stump... solutions anyone?

When you play spin especially off spin, keep few basic things in your mind.
First, do not play at the line of the ball as you would for fast bowler, but rather play by moving feet cross (about 3-4 inches) toward the offside. This way, the ball will most of the time land between your leg and bat.
Here is the youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJZkaxpcarw. i had followed it and it helped.

Second, plan to play front foot as much possible. I always try to play it on front foot to disturb the line and length of a spinner.

First see the ball coming out of the bowlers hand to pick for off spin or leg spin.secondly try not to let the ball pitch,use ur fight as much as u can and don't give the ball the opportunity to turn.

on middle going to leg get your head over the ball, go forward look to play midwicket-fine leg depending on legnth

get to the pitch of the ball
if your playing on the back foot don't play cross batted especially if you have just got in

Impossible; he is a Pakistani batsman. They are brought up playing cross-batted strokes and slogs across the line of the ball.

I may be Pakistani, but i hate playing in cross :p
Love playing straight and on the off side mainly
Not your typical Pakistani Batsman... As I absolutely SMOKE the swinging ball and pretty average against spin :facepalm:

Last edited:
I may be Pakistani, but i hate playing in cross :p
Love playing straight and on the off side mainly
Not your typical Pakistani Batsman... As I absolutely SMOKE the swinging ball and pretty average against spin :facepalm:

Surprising but I am also the same. Love playing the cover drive and hate slogs across the line.

Many Pakistani batsmen are very strong playing off their legs which may be because Pakistan quick bowlers have an obsession with bowling on the pads as they think that if hit hits the pads, it is instantly LBW. This is even an observation I have made with the national team, evident when Junaid Khan bowled that hit a batsman on the pad but pitches outside of leg stump. Pakistan reviewed the decision and as expected their decision to review was horribly wrong.

- Look to see which way the ball is spinning: if it is spinning from left to right as you see it- it's a leg-break. If the other way, it's an off-break. If it is back of the hand from a leg-break bowler then it's a googly
- Use your feet if you can to get to the pitch
- Do not try slogs or swipes across the line
- There is plenty of room down the ground for safe shots

Back