West Indies v India | 1st Test | Kingston | 20-24 June 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally sharma showing some bowling consistency ...he just cant control the new ball it seems

oh man that was sooo marginal but i guess when you are debarred in 1st innings umps look more closely

Ishant could be the biggest waste of Talent in terms of bowling for India in its cricket history :facepalm:

The guy has height, Pace(not express, but 85-92mph) and can swing the ball both ways...

Too bad he seems to be a mental midget. He just cannot bowl consistently the right line and length.. :facepalm:

Windies back to attacking mode... Just throw the bat even if a little width is offered...

Fortune always favors the brave :afridi

Ishant could be the biggest waste of Talent in terms of bowling for India in its cricket history :facepalm:

The guy has height, Pace(not express, but 85-92mph) and can swing the ball both ways...

Too bad he seems to be a mental midget. He just cannot bowl consistently the right line and length.. :facepalm:

dude i cursed him he took a wicket

you cursed him he took a wicket

keep cursing him.

he has improved recently ...just he cant control the new ball. Even in this form he could be lethal in england

A simply incredible catch by Kohli and good bowling by 'I Shan't' has set up a probable Indian win. Been a good competitive game.

he has improved recently ...just he cant control the new ball. Even in this form he could be lethal in england

But if he cannot bowl 6 straight balls consistently without drifting into the pads, he will soon find himself out of the team again...

I like his bowling... But he is frustrating to watch at times..

With is height, pace and swing, he should be one of the top bowlers in the world... He just seems to be an underachiever:danish

I would love for him to succeed, but he will surely find it hard to find a place in the England squad :nehra

Robbie D: "Although a Staunch West Indies Fan, as a fast bowler it is nice to see Ishant bowling the ball fast. somewhere Ricky point must be shaking!"

How fast Ishant bowling(that wicket delivery)?:sami

PS our Ian has had a very fine test match as umpire, sometimes doesn't get his due credit with Dar and Taufel on the scene :gould

What was the Windies fan saying just now? Something about giving batting tips to the team or something :))

PS our Ian has had a very fine test match as umpire, sometimes doesn't get his due credit with Dar and Taufel on the scene :gould

Gould is the best atm
I have seen both Dar and Taufell make mistakes ocassionsly .

Gould is the best atm

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9L8VIv6cJ50" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
a legendary decision by Gould

Gould is the best atm

:facepalm: wth r u talking about?! :))

Dar has never made a bad decision for like 2 years, at least none that i know of.....plus he's been rated as the best umpire for the last 2 years. Gould was horrible when Pak was playing England last summer and ive seen him make many mistakes

Last edited:
Gould is the best atm

Dar was the only umpire in the WC who didn't have any of his calls overturned while Taufel and Gould had a few over turned. You have to be pretty biased to say Dar isn't the best umpire in the world

But if he cannot bowl 6 straight balls consistently without drifting into the pads, he will soon find himself out of the team again...

I like his bowling... But he is frustrating to watch at times..

With is height, pace and swing, he should be one of the top bowlers in the world... He just seems to be an underachiever:danish

I would love for him to succeed, but he will surely find it hard to find a place in the England squad :nehra
no way he would be in the squad

The bowlers would be zak , sree , ishant + 1 more pacer , bhajji , mishra

batters (if all fit) : sehwag , gambhir , dravid , laxman , dhoni , tendulkar , raina/kohli/pujara/sharma / vijay (3 out of these 4) , reserve keeper ,

Jeez, he's got like 100 wickets and is only 22. He has issues but he definatly is no mental midget. You got him confused with sreesanth.

Jeez, he's got like 100 wickets and is only 22. He has issues but he definatly is no mental midget. You got him confused with sreesanth.
sreesanth isnt a mental midget ..he is a certified nutjob :)) :))

did I say Dar was bad ? am a fan too , but having never seen Gould make a mistake , u cant blame me for rating him higher ...all 3 are top notch though

I have to agree...

He should be dominating on this kind of track.. Instead he is getting smacked for :four

he is turning out to be a very stubborn character, bowling short and waiting for the batsman to make mistake, rather then pitch the ball up and let it spin!!

One more wicket here and India will be completely on top.

WI need Chanderpaul and Bravo to go on and score centuries if they want to win this game!

Mark my words.... India to win by 100-150 runs. To many (198) yet to score when the highest ever score to win on this ground has been only 212.

West Indies doing well here, I'm a bit impressed actually, I thought they'd just give up and get skittled. 130 for 3 ain't bad, and the pitch seems tricky to bat on. As we saw Dravid only showed real resistance from India.

If It were India chasing, I'd have backed them at a similar score, but I just feel too many runs are needed. One guy really has to stand up and get a century like Dravid.

Anyway delighted with the spirit West Indies have shown, and think these guys are really gelling together like a team, really united and focused. Perhaps Sammy is the reason for this.

Stumps on day 3

WI: 131/3 requiring another 195 runs to win.

India in control here, but WI will have hope.

A century is never beyond Chanderpaul in any situation, he's very underrated on the internet. India could and should win this tomorrow but you never know.

Chanderpaul is underrated in real life aswell as the net. The man has a batting average close to 50 and averages over 50 against every test match team apart from Zimbabwe. Excellent stats considering hes played in a crap team.

Averages 70 against India so fingers crossed he scores a big one tomorrow.

Chanderpaul seems to have suffered from being a bit foul to watch, and those cheap dismissals where he forgets he has a bat and takes a walk across his stumps instead, which do always look atrocious to be fair. The first-baller in the middle of the Hoggard hat-trick would be a prime example and he lost his place for a while for that one. However the little fella has played some brilliant innings in both tests and ODIs in his long career. Always rated him and always will. India are favourites but anything can happen in test cricket!

Last edited:
This West Indies team is very susceptible to collapses, a la the Pakistanis. Scores of 30s and 40s won't cut it in Test cricket.

this match can go either way . i hope WI win it , will give them a massive boost but they tend to screw up quite a lot .

WI need a hundred more from these too. Then a 20-30 from nash. Then one of sammy and baugh to get a 20-30. Then they have a good chance.

If WI can somehow get the runs required to under a hundred with only 4 down you never know since India will be under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back