West Indies v Pakistan l 1st ODI | Providence | 14/7/13 l Pakistan innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, nobody has said anything about an injury. It seems Pakistan just decided to rest him and play Asad Ali instead. Very puzzling move...

Nothing wrong with giving asad a go in the team, lets see what can he do rather than keeping him in the squad just for carrying drinks

Junaid must have been rested

I noticed onething throughout Afridi career...He can hit 4 easily thn why the hack always go for sixes every ball...

I noticed he can also take singles when he wants too.

THIS TAKES The cake for MOST stupid comment? Explain the reason of Jaali professor being in the side. I would rather have Faisal Iqbal playing in any position over this tullaybaz.
Misbah is just a mediocre bat instilling fear/negativity in the other batsmen. Look at his batting against pace bowlers. He is jammed in all the time or hanging his bat out if boall is moving. He does play spinners well but he had his brainfart moments of reverse sweeps. He is no captain material

Wow, nice comeback, just copying my comment and re-pasting it. Thanks for proving my point further about your thought process.

Yeah, nobody has said anything about an injury. It seems Pakistan just decided to rest him and play Asad Ali instead. Very puzzling move...

Ramiz said he was 'dropped' from the side..

Surprising decision ,both Asad and Wahab preferred over our best fast bowler in recent times.

Pakistan RR 4.09
Last 5 ovs 40/0 RR 8.00

wickets in hand and batsmen to follow will only be a problem to poise a winning total.

these 2 will need to stay for another 10 overs

LOL are windies helping afridi cement his place what kind of bowling is that on a spinning track

Nothing wrong with giving asad a go in the team, lets see what can he do rather than keeping him in the squad just for carrying drinks

Very true.

But resting him in game 1? And surely if anybody needs to be resting, it has to be Irfan, not Junaid. Irfan's body is more prone to breaking down than Junaid's.

However, we never know all the facts, for all we know, Junaid picked up a small injury, so they want to rest him.

Still, I really like Junaid, especially on a track like this. I would have played him over Riaz as well. Although Riaz's batting skills might come out more handy given we are still 5 down.

Player like Jamshed , Shehzad , Umar will always struggle on such pitches, they need to adapt .

Very true.

But resting him in game 1? And surely if anybody needs to be resting, it has to be Irfan, not Junaid. Irfan's body is more prone to breaking down than Junaid's.

However, we never know all the facts, for all we know, Junaid picked up a small injury, so they want to rest him.

Still, I really like Junaid, especially on a track like this. I would have played him over Riaz as well. Although Riaz's batting skills might come out more handy given we are still 5 down.

Do not think :wahab can be dropped , Pakistan need some batting at number 8 .

That is one of the stupidest things ever posted in the history of the web.... yup, its THAT stupid.

If I had to reply on all those points, it would take so long. But by your stupid logic, because Cook bats defensive, that means now E. Morgan and Kevin Piet for England have magically become defensive and loss their "aggression"?

The fact that our top order is the worst in the world has nothing to do with Misbah. He is the best batsman in Pakistan right now.

I do agree that Hafeez needs to get his ego in check. He needs to bat 5 or 6 down, he cannot play ANY swing at all. For him to be a top 3 batsman is a joke.

Just keep on repeating word 'stupid' does not make a good argument....

Cook is an opener, who's primary job is to see off the new ball... If Misbah wants to play opener, let him play there, be my guest... You forget that Cook has a far better foot work then Misbah, that's the reason he cannot open...
All middle order batsmen have range of shots, including Inzi, Yousaf of our own... How you can explain him not able to be in the playing 11 in late 90s and early 2000s??

I noticed he can also take singles when he wants too.

that's true if have gone the orthodox way he should have been a better batsman and must be averaging around 40 in ODI's...He was averaging 36.5 in Tets

Wow, nice comeback, just copying my comment and re-pasting it. Thanks for proving my point further about your thought process.

repasting? Your blind love for misbah is kind of weird. So tell me if the top 4 of pakistan bat in the same way Misbah the cancer is batting right now, would it please you?

If anyone ought to be rested,it shouldve been Irfan..

Do not think :wahab can be dropped , Pakistan need some batting at number 8 .

I think it would come down to preference. I'd personally prefer Junaid over Riaz. To me, Junaid is a MUCH better bowler. I also think Junaid's fielding is underrated, the effort and dives he puts in. Sometime you need a momentum save like that.

Then again, given our batting, I cant really argue against playing Riaz over Junaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back