West Indies vs England | ICC World T20: 8th Match | Group D | Guyana| 3/5/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seen Sheen

ODI Debutant
Runs
West Indies have won the toss and England will be batting first, with the same side that beat South Africa in the warm-ups for this tournament. So it'll be Michael Lumb, in his international debut, and Craig Kieswetter to open the batting, while James Anderson misses out, with Ryan Sidebottom included. For West Indies, big Sulieman Benn comes back into the side, while Andre Fletcher will be keeping wicket ahead of Denesh Ramdin......

Big Benn is opening the bowling for Windies......Watch out for darts....

Kieswetter is known for his big hitting and doesnt mind using his feet against both spinners and pacers...England is banking on him to provide a brisk start..

Sammy should have got the new ball instead of Benn. I hate seeing spinners open the bowling, it reminds me of Deepak Patel.

:six
down the track and and hits it flat over long off boundary...good hit Kies.

shot :six by Kieswetter..
down again this time agains Rampaul and hits it flat for a max....

Kieswetter is playing beautifully,down the track again and times it over extra cover's head for :six

West Indies need to take 3 wickets just to get an English man at the crease and if they then take a fourth there'll still only be a maximum of one Englishman batting! :)))

Michael Lumb a Saffie accented Englishman! :))

Yo England get your own players for **** sake.

Paochers, Mercenaries that's what this team is.

Good comeback by the Windies.

Morgan and Wright need a partnership if England want to get to 170.

200 looks on, good partnership between Morgan and Wright. :14:

Last edited:
What kind of shot is this, simply unbelievable stuff from Morgan. what a player!

England should get about the same score Aus got yesterday.

Morgan gone after playing an amazing knock. If only Butt could play like that! :))

192 is the target. Great stuff from the boy Morgan again!

Sledger said:
England should get about the same score Aus got yesterday.

Exactly the same.

Windies have a tough job ahead and may just get around 157 chasing.

Morgan is pure class, what a player.

Super play by morgan and wright. Who knows this maybe finally Englands year. ;-)

that reverse flick by Morgan was just EPIC! unbelievable stroke.

That was a wonderful shot by Gayle second ball.

interesting match :26: but my money on England ...

190 + is too much for any team to chase down

Dr_Bassim said:
interesting match :26: but my money on England ...

190 + is too much for any team to chase down
Agree, unless d/l comes in to play in which case WI could do it.

Good start by Swann but a very good start by WI.

Woah, scratch that. Chanderpaul finished the over with a Morganesque switch hit for 6.

THIS is how you bat in PPs chasing a big total.

What a fitting reply from WI. At least they are playing withe some pride and their openers are upto the task and they want to win it fro their country not like Butt and co, who can't bat for their life while chasing.

Covers are on, not 5 overs bowled so this game has no possible result atm.

I don't know who would be happy that the rain has come WI or England...of course, WI would have been probably happy if 5 overs were bowled, since they would be ahead by D/L from the start they have gotten.

man i take that back

i think looking at Akmal and Butt makes me think 190 is too much :(

Definitely not for Gayle and Chanderpaul :13:

Rain intervention

Not sure the rain will last. I guess England will be happier as the batsmen will keep having to get set on each resumption.

I reckon Engafrica are in some trouble now ,they would be hoping either for a washout or max.over affair (16<)..because Windies are going great guns and have complete wkts intact. Anything around 100 with 10 wks in hand should be a cakewalk for Gayle n co..

Excellent Stuff by England, serious contenders for the cup with this batting line up... and good bowlers to boot as well, Anderson, Broad, Sidebottom, Swann, Yardy

I remember i went to the Oval and the England Windies game got washed out as well, Windies won via DL, this is a different England side altogether..

She seems very excited
11sfh2q.jpg

WI require 30 runs (33 if a wicket falls) in 4.4 overs to win via d/l method...

edit: yep, rain is back.

Last edited:
Bumble saying play will resume in a couple of minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back