West Indies vs Sri Lanka | 2nd ODI | Port of Spain | 12/04/2008

Inswinging Yorker

ODI Debutant
Runs
:14: Wll guys in just abourt 4.5 hours the 2nd odi between these two teams begins.

After a heart stopping first odi, im looking forward for some more action.

Its a sellout crowd and fortunately im part of it. :D

hoping for some exciting shots. I suspect srilanka will come out all fired up.

If their top order clicks we could see a high scoring dramatic finish.

WINDIES I say are still underdogs even though Srilanka have a relative new side....but Windies got the momentum going with them and are looking for their third win in a row against them.

Hope to have a good time as i did on thursday :p :19:

see you all...and have fun :27:

Have a good time.

Pitch looks like another good one for batting.

Sri lanka off to a solid start 28/0 after 5.2 overs.

Udawate seems to be trying to smash everything out of the park.

Both openers 14* at moment.

Bray: "Am I the only one confused as to why Gayle chose to have a bowl on a pitch like this? All due respect to the Windies bowling attack, but I just don't think they can supply the pressure needed whilst bowling to a top quality batting line up on a batsman's paradise. Wouldn't batting first, posting a total, then putting the pressure on the Sri Lankan batsmen be a more feasible plan?" I guess Gayle has gone with what worked the other day. Sri lanka had lost their top order cheaply. Holding did say at the toss that he reckoned the team winning the toss would bat. It didn't happen.

gayle screwd up

The wicket has some good pace and bounce here which is good for batting and bowling. The bowlers will enjoy the pace and batsmen could struggle the bounce means ball will come onto the bat nicely.

Both sri lankan openers wafting abit to much here could see a wicket falling.

34/0 at moment.

Udawatte out ct off Taylor
SL 38-1 after 9 overs

Last edited:
Silva bowled by Gayle
112-5 after 30.3 overs

Raining again

Last edited:
music stopped for a while and there were some announcements. It might be about samosa sale behind some stand. Someone shouting keep moving in the aisle. All thoes moving say "Heeyyy!!!" It looks like it is still raining

Latest news from Spain is that rain has stopped and one man is collecting water from the covers. There are a few people on the side of the covers, maybe waiting for their turn to drive that cart.

covers are coming off but a lot of water on them. A man has problem with his hand pushed water collecting apparatus and having problem emptying it. A man brings somthing which lokks like a water pump on the one wheel dholi

Last edited:
one cover is finally off the pitch area. There are still two left and the guy with sponge cart driving on them.

Now pitch par say niqaab uttar dia. the ceremony was held with umpires there and some desi type music going

all the covers are off. SL team is running on one side of the ground. No start time or D/L info yet

Last edited:
WI needs 125 to win from 25 overs. Max 5 overs per bowler. Advantage WI I think
Gayle gets the first run

12thMan said:
Latest news from Spain is that rain has stopped and one man is collecting water from the covers. There are a few people on the side of the covers, maybe waiting for their turn to drive that cart.

are you covering a Laliga game :p

must be Port of Spain.

the true passionist said:
are you covering a Laliga game :p

must be Port of Spain.
Maybe I am posting from spain :13: But will not the Port of Spain be in Spain. They are not going to take a flight to another country to use their port. Maybe I like the gangsta talk :11:

Last edited:
Sarwan LBW off Kulasekra
WI 18-3 - need 107 off 115 balls

Last edited:
Chanderpaul with 4 6 4 to finish the over - 14 runs off the over
46-3 after 9 overs - need 79 off 96 balls

another expensive over. Chanda with another six - 11 runs off the over
WI 57-3 after 10 overs - need 68 off 90 balls @ 4.53 an over
thanda time. thela is on the ground

Wii 70-3 after 13 overs- need 55 off 72 balls
SL needs 2 wickets next over

Huge six by Samuels. Into the upper tier. This game is over and the series to the Windies.

and the Gayle-inspired Windies ressurection from the dead continues...

a note: Gayle thanked God and Chanderpaul thanked Lord Shiva
Next match is a D/N match at St Lucia

Inswinging Yorker said:
are you from the west indies?

which island you from?
The winning Island :) I am not WIian but I want them to be back on top. I was hoping to go there for a WI-Aus test match in May but can't do it

Back