"What MS Dhoni did to my son is unforgivable": Yograj Singh

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Former Indian cricketer Yograj Singh, father of Yuvraj Singh, made these remarks about MS Dhoni during an interview on a YouTube channel:

"I won’t forgive MS Dhoni. He should look at himself in the mirror. He is a very prominent cricketer, I salute him. But what he did to my son is unforgivable. Everything is coming to light now, and it can never be forgiven."

"That man has ruined my son's life, who could have played for four to five more years. I challenge everyone to have a son like Yuvraj. Even Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag have said that there will never be another Yuvraj Singh."

"India should award him the Bharat Ratna for playing through cancer and winning the World Cup for the country."

Huh? What's he on about? Yuvi played all the way till 2011, even played in 2012 pakistan series.

He himself chose to leave cricket cause of cancer amd after he recovered he played and played and was even featured In ct 2017?

Kya baat kar raha hai?

Considering Yuvraj played till he could barely play any impactful innings. If anything Yuvraj was given preferential treatment due to his cancer recovery and people had lot more empathy for his struggles with cancer. Ungratefulness is a desease.

Last edited by a moderator:
"India should award him the Bharat Ratna for playing through cancer and winning the World Cup for the country."
Up until now I considered Yograj Singh a despicable and deplorable individual. With the above statement, I'm now convinced he is demented as well.

Nonsense as usual from Yuvi's father. I don't understand this obsession that because player 'X' has won a tournament, he becomes undroppable?

Having said that, MSD himself received a God-like treatment and played unnecessarily till 2019 World Cup. He too deserved to be dropped earlier.

Yuvraj retired at the right time. He probably could've retired even before that (right after winning 2011 WC).

I would have agreed with him if he'd said MS Dhoni should have retired atleast 5 years earlier than he did..

I don't get it? Yuvi himself left cause or cancer and when he returned he played till 2017?

If he means 5 more years, theirs no way in hell yuvi was lasting till 2021 lol

Yuvi is a lot like your typical Punjabis. Most of them are literal manchildren.

I don't think Yuvraj endorses anything his father says, which tells us a lot about Yograj Singh.

If Yograj wasn't a cricketer himself, none of this would get airtime.

Huh? What's he on about? Yuvi played all the way till 2011, even played in 2012 pakistan series.

He himself chose to leave cricket cause of cancer amd after he recovered he played and played and was even featured In ct 2017?

Kya baat kar raha hai?
It's commonly known that Yograj Singh has struggled with alcoholism, which has strained his relationships Yuvraj, his mother, and his brother. In fact, he did not attend Yuvraj's wedding. Yuvraj feels embarrassed when asked about him in interviews and at least a couple of times, he had even made statements that he doesn't endorse Yograj's opinion. Yograj is a troubled individual, and it's best to ignore such statements made by him. He is considered a knowledgeable cricket coach though.

MS Dhoni is obviously a selfish cricketer. He was finished as a batsman by 2013 but not only he played 2015 WC but stayed on to play 2019 one as well. He was also willing to play T20 WC 2020 but Covid ruined those plans. This is the same MS Dhoni who dropped all seniors from the team when he was young captain saying he only need performers in the side. So the rules he once set for others, he never followed those for himself. Even now at the age of 43 he is playing IPL cricket where as younger ones like Raina, Dhawan etc all retired.

Having said that it is laughable when Yograj Singh says his son Yuvraj Singh could have played longer. Yuvraj costed us the 2014 WT20 Finals and that should have been the end of his career. But his Punjabi captain friend Kohli gave him a chance to play until CT 2017 where he was utter flop. If anything he overstayed his welcome for few years.

Yuvraj Singh's Father Disrespects Kapil Dev, Says "Told Him, World Would Spit On You"

Yograj Singh, the father of former Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh, often finds a way to make headlines with his explosive comments. Having belittled the legendary MS Dhoni for years, Yograj targeted India's 1983 World Cup-winning captain Kapil Dev. Born in 1958, Yograj earned his only Test cap in 1981 and made his ODI debut in 1980. After just 6 ODIs in his career, the last of which came in 1981, Yograj's stint as an Indian cricketer ended. But, he has had plenty of sharp opinions to share on Indian cricket and its players since retirement. In a video that has surfaced on social media, Yograj used some insulting remarks about Kapil Dev, leaving many cricket lovers on the internet fuming.

"The greatest captain of our time, Kapil Dev... I told him, I'll leave you in a position where the world would spit on you. Today, Yuvraj Singh has 13 trophies, and you have only one, the World Cup. End of discussion." Yograj said

Dhoni was a mediocre cricketer and always jealous of Yuvraj who was far better than him, but the reality is that Yuvraj didn’t help himself in the last few years of his career.

Yuvraj was lucky to play for India again after what he did in the 2014 T20 WC final.

Dhoni was a mediocre cricketer and always jealous of Yuvraj who was far better than him, but the reality is that Yuvraj didn’t help himself in the last few years of his career.

Yuvraj was lucky to play for India again after what he did in the 2014 T20 WC final.

Huh?

Yuvraj Singh was an honorable player who overcame a major health crisis to win a World Cup for his country. Doesn’t deserve these sorts of unnecessary drama.

India have produced better players who receive less recognition.

As a captain he was good, as a WK he was fine as well but as a batsman he is highly overrated.

He was poor in Test cricket, has 0 centuries in ODI cricket outside Asia and he was also poor in T20 internationals.

We would have seen how much of a great “finisher” he was if he was playing for weaker sides like Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, West Indies and not hiding behind Tendulkar, Sehwag, Kohli, Rohit, Gambhir, Dhawan and Yuvraj.

Gilchrist, Sangakkara, De Kock, Buttler and also Pant are much better WK batsmen if we talk about the last 15-20 years. There are more if we go further back and there will be more in the future.

He is not the legend and cricketing royalty that his fans think and he would be a nobody without the billion dollar industry behind his back and a highly exaggerated, dramatized biopic that boosted his aura.

A 6.5/10 cricketer at best.

Yuvraj Singh was an honorable player who overcame a major health crisis to win a World Cup for his country. Doesn’t deserve these sorts of unnecessary drama.
His father needs to pipe it down but I can sympathize with him. His son was a far better cricketer than Dhoni but today, Dhoni is more respected and renowned.

A young Indian kid who just started watching cricket in the last few years will still recognize Dhoni’s status but he will have no idea of who Yuvraj was and what he did for India.

Yuvraj’s contribution to India’s two World Cup triumphs in 2007 and 2011 are bigger than Dhoni’s entire career.

Without Yuvraj, Dhoni would have 0 World Cups to his name and apart from that innings in the final, he did almost nothing in both World Cups as an individual contributor.

Dhoni was overrated for sure but calling him mediocre is quite a stretch. Seems like very a typical attention-seeking, wannabe contrarian statement from you. India's idea of a wikcetkeeper before Dhoni were guys like Dinesh Mongia and Parthiv Patel, or have Dravid take up the gloves.

Dhoni was overrated for sure but calling him mediocre is quite a stretch. Seems like very a typical attention-seeking, wannabe contrarian statement from you. India's idea of a wikcetkeeper before Dhoni were guys like Dinesh Mongia and Parthiv Patel, or have Dravid take up the gloves.

Nayan Mongia*

His father needs to pipe it down but I can sympathize with him. His son was a far better cricketer than Dhoni but today, Dhoni is more respected and renowned.

A young Indian kid who just started watching cricket in the last few years will still recognize Dhoni’s status but he will have no idea of who Yuvraj was and what he did for India.

Yuvraj’s contribution to India’s two World Cup triumphs in 2007 and 2011 are bigger than Dhoni’s entire career.

Without Yuvraj, Dhoni would have 0 World Cups to his name and apart from that innings in the final, he did almost nothing in both World Cups as an individual contributor.
Without Wasim Akram, Imran Khan would have 0 world cups to his name. Without Warne, Steve Waugh would have 0 world cups. And while we are having this khayali pulao, no captain would have any world cup without someone from their team showing up.

"That man has ruined my son's life, who could have played for four to five more years.

Nonsensical. Yuvraj's career should have ended after he choked in the 2014 T20 WC Final run chase. His batting completely collapsed at that point. He hung around for a few more years never looking comfortable, essentially running on fumes. The bat just wasn't there, and his fielding, running, and fitness all took a sharp decline.

Whether it was the cancer or something else, his game deserted him long before he was finally pushed out.

Parthiv Patel was a good player. He was a little baby when he made his debut against England. No chance of him age fudging he had a small baby face under the helmet.

I remember when he made his debut my dad said to me that this bacha is playing cricket and you are lying in bed till midday doing nothing.

After that I was glad he got dropped and I actively rooted against him for a while.

Dhoni being a mediocre player, despite being a laughable opinion is your opinion, fine.

How was he jealous of Yuvraj though? Any concrete reasons behind your statement?

"The greatest captain of our time, Kapil Dev... I told him, I'll leave you in a position where the world would spit on you. Today, Yuvraj Singh has 13 trophies, and you have only one, the World Cup. End of discussion." Yograj said.

What bakwaas. :facepalm:

Which are the "13" trophies anyway?

With
Without Wasim Akram, Imran Khan would have 0 world cups to his name. Without Warne, Steve Waugh would have 0 world cups. And while we are having this khayali pulao, no captain would have any world cup without someone from their team showing up.
Wasim and Steve Waugh get both respect for their achievements. They are not under-appreciated or underrated at least in comparison to Imran and Warne.

However, Yuvraj is grossly underrated and doesn’t get anywhere near the same respect and adulation as Dhoni even though he was the better player.

Try to understand the context of the discussion before coming up with irrelevant juxtapositions.

I don’t need lectures from someone who advocates for Shan Masood and Haris Rauf.

With

Wasim and Steve Waugh get both respect for their achievements. They are not under-appreciated or underrated at least in comparison to Imran and Warne.

However, Yuvraj is grossly underrated and doesn’t get anywhere near the same respect and adulation as Dhoni even though he was the better player.

Try to understand the context of the discussion before coming up with irrelevant juxtapositions.
Then you should speak about how and why Yuvraj is underrated, not that so and so would not have won without him.

How do you measure that Yuvraj is grossly underrated?

Dhoni's cult following is because he was CSK captain and won them many IPL trophies, and Yuvraj didn't do much in IPL. Otherwise no one under rates Yuvraj. Every cricket fan who has seen 2011 WC knows it was Yuvraj's WC.

Then you should speak about how and why Yuvraj is underrated, not that so and so would not have won without him.

How do you measure that Yuvraj is grossly underrated?

Dhoni's cult following is because he was CSK captain and won them many IPL trophies, and Yuvraj didn't do much in IPL. Otherwise no one under rates Yuvraj. Every cricket fan who has seen 2011 WC knows it was Yuvraj's WC.
Or the fact that his biopic was more high fantasy than an accurate depiction of his life.

For example, creating a fake story of meeting his love interest in the plane before scoring his maiden century who then died in a car accident, or how he met his current wife in a hotel where she failed to recognize him and he was too humble to tell her who he was. All lies.

That sums up the character that he is. A total fake who feeds on his PR machine unlike Yuvraj who is a genuine fellow and doesn’t wear a mask.

Dhoni and Stokes are two of the biggest frauds and most overrated cricketers in history.

Both average players who haven’t achieved 10% of the fame and respect that they have garnered as individual contributors.

Kohli
Tendulkar
Rohit
Ganguly
Yuvraj
Dhawan
Gambhir

Dhoni is not even in the top 6-7 ODI batsmen to play for India, yet some deluded bakhts glorify him as the GOAT of Indian ODI batting. It just goes to show how much overtime his PR machine works.

🤡

Or the fact that his biopic was more high fantasy than an accurate depiction of his life.

For example, creating a fake story of meeting his love interest in the plane before scoring his maiden century who then died in a car accident, or how he met his current wife in a hotel where she failed to recognize him and he was too humble to tell her who he was. All lies.

That sums up the character that he is. A total fake who feeds on his PR machine unlike Yuvraj who is a genuine fellow and doesn’t wear a mask.
But how is a biopic of Dhoni undermining Yuvraj? And how is Dhoni being fake be a problem for the genuine Yuvraj?

Just emotional rant without any substance.

PS: Wait for Yuvraj's biopic too.

Kohli
Tendulkar
Rohit
Ganguly
Yuvraj
Dhawan
Gambhir

Dhoni is not even in the top 6-7 ODI batsmen to play for India, yet some deluded bakhts glorify him as the GOAT of Indian ODI batting. It just goes to show how much overtime his PR machine works.

🤡
PR machine works because Dhoni has actually won few ICC trophies as captain and some IPL trophies. Don't blame him just because he was successful.

He was not a good test bastman or even a good test captain, but he still overachieved and was a master tactician in limited overs cricket. His achievements cannot be denied.

You forgot about Saba Karim, Ajay Ratra, Sameer Dighe, Vijay Dahiya, MSK Prasad & Deep Dasgupta.

Selfish Dhoni wanted all the spotlight on himself, sidelined all the seniors one by one so his captaincy doesn't come under pressure.

The selfish Dhoni dropped Yusuf Pathan & Robin Uthappa to keep his spot so he could get all the attention on himself.

I do agree with all the points. Although I am a big fan of MSD, I feel he is somehow overhyped by the media, certain groups like Srinivasan, and some biased ex-cricketers like SunnyG. MSD is tactically sound and definitely a great captain, but as a batsman, he is a bit overrated compared to the image he has. However, he is good for a wicketkeeper-batsman.

MSD was also lucky to have match-winners like Yuvi, Raina, and Gambhir on his side, which was a luxury that Kohli and Rohit lacked as they struggled in many tournaments. I blame the media and ex-cricketers for underplaying Yuvi’s contributions and projecting only MSD for years. Without Yuvi’s significant contributions, MSD wouldn’t have won a single tournament.

Long haired MSD was an enigma. He was absolutely brilliant up until CT 2013 as a batsman and will go down as one of the greatest white ball batters, let alone wicket keeper batter, in the world. Anyone says otherwise obviously is clueless in cricket. However, my issue is he overstayed his welcome by a long way and the principles he set for others when he was the young captain...he didnt apply for himself. Lets put it this way, Dhoni of 2011 would never have selected Dhoni of 2019 in his world cup team. Sachin Tendulkar wanted to play the 2015 WC but Dhoni forced him to retire and rightly so. However, he didn't apply the same morals to himself is my only issue with him.

For posters who are moaning why Dhoni is more respected than Yuvi, it is not only the batting. People respect Dhoni for multiple reason:

1. He was India's most successful LOI skipper. He won 3 ICC trophies in 6 years and hence people have got a nostalgia towards him. Ofcourse there was contribution from the likes of Yuvi and Gambhir for winning those titles, no one will ever ignore it. But credit must go to the captain. I mean Yuvi was a part of 2003 & 2007 WC as well but couldnt win it then for his then captain.

2. He is India's most successful IPL skipper and still going strong. On top of that, he captains the most followed and popular IPL side. For Indian youth who loves and grew up watching IPL, he is like a superhuman to them. Yuvraj was a flop IPL captain and no one even remembers him in that role

3. People also connect very well with Dhoni's rag to rich story. He was ticket collector in a train station and even took 35 thousand rupee loan to buy his first bike. From there to the reach the level where he did, people appreciate that achievement. Don't forget, he belongs to the state of Jharkhand which is backward and never produces sportsperson (watch Chak De India). The same reason for which Narendra Modi and SRK gets praised, as self made people.

4. His calm, composed and gentleman nature is also admired by fans. Let it be calling back Ian Bell, asking Dhawan to stop mocking Watson's injury, calming down Gambhir from fighting against Akmal brothers.

5. People also admire his midas touch which was magical. Giving Joginder Sharma the last over or defending 2 runs in 3 balls from Pandya. There was a stage whatever he touched, turned into go.

6. People like his apolitical nature. In a time of social media, when every celebrity tweets/Instagram's daily voicing their opinion, MS maintains a distance from all of that.

7. People also admires his simplicity. When other celebrities posts about lavish holiday overseas, MSD loves spending time in his farm or doing drills with armies.

So everyone is aware that Yuvraj Singh was a brilliant batsman. Probably better than Dhoni as batsman alone (debatable).

However, Dhoni is more famous as the entire package.

Long haired MSD was an enigma. He was absolutely brilliant up until CT 2013 as a batsman and will go down as one of the greatest white ball batters, let alone wicket keeper batter, in the world. Anyone says otherwise obviously is clueless in cricket. However, my issue is he overstayed his welcome by a long way and the principles he set for others when he was the young captain...he didnt apply for himself. Lets put it this way, Dhoni of 2011 would never have selected Dhoni of 2019 in his world cup team. Sachin Tendulkar wanted to play the 2015 WC but Dhoni forced him to retire and rightly so. However, he didn't apply the same morals to himself is my only issue with him.

For posters who are moaning why Dhoni is more respected than Yuvi, it is not only the batting. People respect Dhoni for multiple reason:

1. He was India's most successful LOI skipper. He won 3 ICC trophies in 6 years and hence people have got a nostalgia towards him. Ofcourse there was contribution from the likes of Yuvi and Gambhir for winning those titles, no one will ever ignore it. But credit must go to the captain. I mean Yuvi was a part of 2003 & 2007 WC as well but couldnt win it then for his then captain.

2. He is India's most successful IPL skipper and still going strong. On top of that, he captains the most followed and popular IPL side. For Indian youth who loves and grew up watching IPL, he is like a superhuman to them. Yuvraj was a flop IPL captain and no one even remembers him in that role

3. People also connect very well with Dhoni's rag to rich story. He was ticket collector in a train station and even took 35 thousand rupee loan to buy his first bike. From there to the reach the level where he did, people appreciate that achievement. Don't forget, he belongs to the state of Jharkhand which is backward and never produces sportsperson (watch Chak De India). The same reason for which Narendra Modi and SRK gets praised, as self made people.

4. His calm, composed and gentleman nature is also admired by fans. Let it be calling back Ian Bell, asking Dhawan to stop mocking Watson's injury, calming down Gambhir from fighting against Akmal brothers.

5. People also admire his midas touch which was magical. Giving Joginder Sharma the last over or defending 2 runs in 3 balls from Pandya. There was a stage whatever he touched, turned into go.

6. People like his apolitical nature. In a time of social media, when every celebrity tweets/Instagram's daily voicing their opinion, MS maintains a distance from all of that.

7. People also admires his simplicity. When other celebrities posts about lavish holiday overseas, MSD loves spending time in his farm or doing drills with armies.

So everyone is aware that Yuvraj Singh was a brilliant batsman. Probably better than Dhoni as batsman alone (debatable).

7 points. Thala for a reason

As much as I dislike Dhoni, he was a once in a generation ODI player and the best finisher world has ever see (no its not Bevan, he never had a 5th gear like MSD).
Along with being the greatest ODI finisher of all time he was a great captain and an excellent wicketkeeper, that's a generational cricketer right there.

These talks of him not having ODI centuries away from home doesn't have much substance in them as he usually batted at 6 or 7.

If you want to know how he did away from home then why dont you see his stats in those places.

Away from home he averages 46 at 84 str rate with 27 fifties against top teams (minus Ban and Zim)

In SENA he averages 41 at 81 str rate.

All of these numbers are great.

The one thing that I blame MSD for is picking Stuart Binny instead of Yuvraj Singh for 2015 world cup, I could have accepted it if he picked a deserving candidate but Yuvi even on cancer deathbed was a better player than Stuart Binny, this was a classic case of nepotism as Roger Binny was in the selection panel.

Dhoni was a mediocre cricketer? Lol chalo yeh bhi sun liya hai. And why was he jealous of Yuvraj? Dhoni was better than him in every single format.

Dhoni was a mediocre cricketer? Lol chalo yeh bhi sun liya hai. And why was he jealous of Yuvraj? Dhoni was better than him in every single format.
No, Dhoni definitely wasn't better than Yuvraj in t20s where he has zero MOTM in his career. On the other hand Yuvraj was basically the reason why we won t20 world cup in 2007.

No, Dhoni definitely wasn't better than Yuvraj in t20s where he has zero MOTM in his career. On the other hand Yuvraj was basically the reason why we won t20 world cup in 2007.
Yes Dhoni didn't have a single T20I fifty for the longest time. Because of Yuvraj's flop show in T20WC 2014 final, Dhoni's slow innings was hidden from all. Dhoni also couldn't get going against Malinga & Kulasekara, all blame came on Yuvraj.

Dhoni should have been removed from captaincy after 2015 World Cup but his CSK boss Srini mama saved him.

Disagree with you.

Yuvraj didn't have a strong ODI team in 2003 & 2007 World Cup(Dhoni was part of 2007 WC). Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka & New Zealand were much stronger teams compared to India.

Though Dhoni led India to 3 ICC trophies in 6 years, Dhoni also led India in flop campaigns in 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016 T20 World Cups, 2009 Champions Trophy, 2015 ODI World Cup.

He was disastrous test captain outside India, should have been thrown out of captaincy when he led India to 0-8 in England & Australia in 2011-12 season. As Srini mama was BCCI boss, the selfish Dhoni stuck to test captaincy when Gambhir could have easily led the test team.

Dhoni to get all the spotlight on himself held onto that #6 spot in the ODI side & sidelined all the contenders Yuvraj Singh, Robin Uthappa & Yusuf Pathan from the ODI side.

Dhoni removed all the seniors from the India team, but selfishly still plays on in the IPL.

Am I missing something here? Bro left cricket to get treatment for cancer. Pretty sure I remember him coming back after where his performance was nowhere close to his prime. What's this old man talking about

Dhoni’s rags to riches story is greatly exaggerated due to his rubbish biopic. Real rags to riches story in Indian cricket are Rinku and Jaiswal.

Both are better players than Dhoni but they will never get the same recognition and respect even after 10 years because Dhoni’s PR game is unmatched.

Pant took only 2 years to expose Dhoni for the average WK batsman that he was.

As far his biopic is concerned, it could have been a great movie especially because the casting was on point. The late Sushant did a wonderful job, but he was let down by the fake storylines within the movie carefully orchestrated by Dhoni’s team to boost his image as a hero and garner more sympathy.

Well done to his his legal team though - they were careful enough to create fake characters so that no one files a defamation case against them.

Doing the finisher drama in the Indian team while playing below Sachin, Sehwag, Kohli, Rohit, Gambhir, Dhawan and Yuvraj was the easiest job in the world.

There are dozens, if not hundreds of batsmen who would have played the finisher role to reasonable success playing below such a stacked and prolific top-order.

For example, Dinesh Karthik could have easily done all of that as well and he demonstrated that in the 2018 Nidahas trophy where India needed 34 in 12 balls and he scored 29 in 8 to take them home.

That was a superior finish than anything Dhoni has managed in his career and if it was done by Dhoni, we wouldn’t have heard the end of it.

We would have seen how much of a great finisher Dhoni was if he was playing for teams like Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh with weak top orders.

But but but I hit a six in the World Cup final and my imaginary girlfriend died in a car crash and I was ticket collector so feel sorry for me and praise me.

Dhoni was worth his weight in gold in ODIs as a wicket keeper + finisher (not pure batter ) from 2005-2013. He was the best in the world at that and there's no question about it.

But that decline was long and painful and cost India a lot between 2014 to 2019.

Serial match loser in the latter 5 years.

Well written post. It's obviously the overall package that Dhoni brings makes him stand out. And he's got all the right to milk it because he's earned it.

For me, I have always rated Yuvraj very highly and his contribution to 2011 WC win is bigger than Dhoni's. Yuvraj was a proper 360 degrees player and very watchable.

Doing the finisher drama in the Indian team while playing below Sachin, Sehwag, Kohli, Rohit, Gambhir, Dhawan and Yuvraj was the easiest job in the world.

There are dozens, if not hundreds of batsmen who would have played the finisher role to reasonable success playing below such a stacked and prolific top-order.

For example, Dinesh Karthik could have easily done all of that as well and he demonstrated that in the 2018 Nidahas trophy where India needed 34 in 12 balls and he scored 29 in 8 to take them home.

That was a superior finish than anything Dhoni has managed in his career and if it was done by Dhoni, we wouldn’t have heard the end of it.

We would have seen how much of a great finisher Dhoni was if he was playing for teams like Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh with weak top orders.

But but but I hit a six in the World Cup final and my imaginary girlfriend died in a car crash and I was ticket collector so feel sorry for me and praise me.
I know you are taking maze but I do agree with the point you have made regarding his life story. The job of a ticket collector is highly respected in India. He came from a middle class family, most Indian households in the early 2000s had a similar lifestyle as his. Rinku and Yashasvi, both hailing from poor families, had to perform exceptionally well to obtain further opportunities. Even as a child, Yashasvi's own school team had sidelined him, but fortunately, his career was saved by a coach Jwala Singh who took him under his wing.

Regarding his girlfriend, he did have one while he was a domestic player. However, the movie altered the timeline and portrayed her death at a different point in the story.

Dhoni’s rags to riches story is greatly exaggerated due to his rubbish biopic. Real rags to riches story in Indian cricket are Rinku and Jaiswal.

Both are better players than Dhoni but they will never get the same recognition and respect even after 10 years because Dhoni’s PR game is unmatched.

Pant took only 2 years to expose Dhoni for the average WK batsman that he was.

As far his biopic is concerned, it could have been a great movie especially because the casting was on point. The late Sushant did a wonderful job, but he was let down by the fake storylines within the movie carefully orchestrated by Dhoni’s team to boost his image as a hero and garner more sympathy.

Well done to his his legal team though - they were careful enough to create fake characters so that no one files a defamation case against them.
The movie never showed Dhoni from rags to riches.

Yes somethings are fake like him meeting the love of his life on a plane and his father and mother not being very supportive of him pursuing cricket whereas in real life they were extremly supportive.

But he wasnt poor in the movie? He went to a quality school, was given solid coaching from his school and from that very school he got fast tracked into domestic due to good friends and quality coaches?

The movie never showed him as a poor man. He was literally working a solid paying office job + domestic cricket and receiving excellent coaching even in the movie?

Don't know where you got the rags to riches from, movie never showed he was poor and illustrated him as solid middle class.

Poor people don't go to school, get jobs and live a comfortable home life in a good apartment.

I know you are taking maze but I do agree with the point you have made regarding his life story. The job of a ticket collector is highly respected in India. He came from a middle class family, most Indian households in the early 2000s had a similar lifestyle as his. Rinku and Yashasvi, both hailing from poor families, had to perform exceptionally well to obtain further opportunities. Even as a child, Yashasvi's own school team had sidelined him, but fortunately, his career was saved by a coach Jwala Singh who took him under his wing.

Regarding his girlfriend, he did have one while he was a domestic player. However, the movie altered the timeline and portrayed her death at a different point in the story.
Dhoni was not poor. He was lower middle class. Job of ticket collector is not highly respected. If any of your relatives is a TTE then they are in demand to get confirmed tickets from various quotas. Even a sub inspector cop gets more respect that a TTE.

Incidentally I used to travel without ticket from the railway station when he was posted as a TTE, but fortunately never encountered him. He must be a bright student, because he studied at DAV Shyamali. I used to go to that school as it was the center for some exams, and students from that school (especially 11 and 12th standard), do well in most competitive exams. Don't think it was sports quota, because he was a nobody then.

You can debate whether MSD is selfish or has been overhyped through PR, but calling him a fraud, mediocre, and completely overrated is a pathetic statement.

more than a bit ...
One can't be fully embarrassed by their father.

He is obviously suffering from health issues. Unfortunately, in SC, media is irresponsible and will amplify the voices of these people to make a good headline.

"Woh Koyla Hi Hai...": Yograj Singh's Reply On Arjun Tendulkar's Future Is Viral

"Arjun Tendulkar came to you for training. How do you see his future?" the anchor asked in the same interview.

"Have you seen diamond in a coal mine? Woh Koyla hi hai..nikalo patthar hi hai, kisi tarashgir ke haath me dalo to chamak ke duniya ko kohinoor ban jata hai (It is coal that is rock when taken out from a mine, but if it is given in proper hands, it goes on to become Kohinoor. It is priceless. But if that same diamond reaches a person who does not know its worth, he destroys it. I don't say it myself that Yograj Singh is a great character, Yuvraj Singh says it, 'there is magic in my dad's hand, he made me what I am.' Earlier, I was abused 'Hitler, Dragon Singh, I hate my father'. Everybody hated me in my home. My relatives said, I should not have been a father," Yograj Singh replied.

"But he walked his path. And by God's Grace you got Yuvraj Singh."

Yograj is sparing nobody.

Yograj is sparing nobody.
The headline here is a bit misleading. He wasn't demeaning Arjun, but rather talking up his own coaching abilities. He's a great coach but an extremely narcissistic person.

Tbf Tendulkars kid is better off under the tutelage of Yograj than Sachin.

'My Father Killed A Tiger, Smeared Its Blood On Me': Yograj Singh, Yuvraj's Dad. This Was The Reason

Yograj Singh, father of Yuvraj Singh, was considered a great talent during his playing days. Though he could not make it big at the international level as a player, as a coach he trained his son to be world champion. Sachin Tendulkar's son Arjun also trained under him. Yograj Singh has an academy, the videos of which can be found on social media. In those videos, Yograj Singh gives a per perception of being a hard task master. Yograj, whose rigorous training of Yuvraj, is a well-known was recently asked about his training academy.

"If anyone wants to join your academy, what mind set should that kid come in with?" Yograj Singh was asked.

"First of all, the fear of death should end. When I was three years old, my dad told my mom that we were going on a tiger hunt. My mom was afraid. My dad said, "If he dies, it won't make any difference. But I will make him like a tiger'. So that three year kid is sitting with his mother in the jungle of kaladhungi. My father was carrying a rifle and it was a moonlit night. We were sitting on a machaan (elevated platform). And then the tiger came, the kid was about to shout but my mom held his mouth. Then my dad shot the tiger from six feet. Shot dead in the head. He fell like a mountain," Yograj said in an interview on Switch.

"The kid was speechless. My father told my mom to take me down. He then held me and said, "sher ka baccha ghas nahi khata (a tiger cub doesn't eat grass). That voice went like an echo. He made me sit on the tiger and smeared its blood on my lips and forehead. I still have that photo in my home.

"I think my academy is like that. I have made Yuvraj like that. Fearless."

Yograj Singh played one Test and six ODIs for India.

SOURCE: https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/my-...gh-yuvrajs-father-this-was-the-reason-6562068

Back