What was the last song you listened to?

[MENTION=136079]ahmedwaqas92[/MENTION] listens to that before he go to bed every night :yk

Beautiful lyrics and music,Marathi industry will defn take over middle class Marathi public at this speed.

-----------------------------------------
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] you might like this if you are ok with autotune,subs are there.

Beautiful lyrics and music,Marathi industry will defn take over middle class Marathi public at this speed.

-----------------------------------------
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] you might like this if you are ok with autotune,subs are there.

Beautiful voice but I stopped listening to it after 1 minute, my coach [MENTION=136729]Suleiman[/MENTION] has trained me to avoid being SAAWWWFT.

:)) Seriously though I stopped listening to such choonz maybe around 2003, might give Bilal Syed or Imran Khan a listen here and there but nothing else. Use to love RDB, Jay Sean, Juggy D, Raghav , my boy Apache Indian etc the fusion artists if you will and the quality of some bollywood songs were pretty good to.

Now I just listen to Old School Hip Hop and "watch" the main stream music video's :afridi I guess some of the beats can be a guilty pleasure at times, it's the era of the DJ; there is no Hip Hop or R & B genre as they have merged.

Beautiful voice but I stopped listening to it after 1 minute, my coach [MENTION=136729]Suleiman[/MENTION] has trained me to avoid being SAAWWWFT.

:)) Seriously though I stopped listening to such choonz maybe around 2003, might give Bilal Syed or Imran Khan a listen here and there but nothing else. Use to love RDB, Jay Sean, Juggy D, Raghav , my boy Apache Indian etc the fusion artists if you will and the quality of some bollywood songs were pretty good to.

Now I just listen to Old School Hip Hop and "watch" the main stream music video's :afridi I guess some of the beats can be a guilty pleasure at times, it's the era of the DJ; there is no Hip Hop or R & B genre as they have merged.

Lmao omg u r the gangstaa types do u wear a hoodie shaz??

This song's been stuck in my head for the last two weeks. Not even into reggae, found it randomly on youtube and can't get it out of my head.

PS. Is Italian Reggae really a thing?

The Kiwis every time before Pak tour [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] [MENTION=136193]Adil_94[/MENTION] [MENTION=132954]Aman[/MENTION]

:))

Well then on that note this goes out to Hillary. Sad face.

Last edited:

One of my all time favorite songs.. been listening to it on repeat for the last day or so.

RIP legend.

One of my all time favourite songs:

I bumped in to the track in 2008 when it was played during the intro of the critically acclaimed wrestler movie in 2008, what's the back story of the song and the band [MENTION=7774]Robert[/MENTION] [MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] the video is very good to

Last edited:

Bebe Rexha is like Skylar Grey, wrote their songs but performed as hits by Eminem and Rihanna, and actually their original version sounds much better.

Ali Sethi probably elicits mixed opinions, but I discovered this song on SoundCloud and found it very authentic, but with some surprises. The shehnai played after the first exchange of vocals manages to sound strangely western, and some of the notes by Jamaldin are almost Middle Eastern.

The video was shot near Okara, and shines a stark light on that particular corner of Punjab: the flat terrain, the slash and burn agriculture, the flies, the open gutters, but above all, the humanity. Jamaldin, the traditional singer alongside Ali Sethi, proves yet again, if proof were ever needed, that talent, unknown, unheralded, uncelebrated talent, continues to survive in every nook and cranny of our land:

Lets get ready to Rumble - Jock Jams

This one just Pumps you Up !

Loved Space jam as a Kid . Saw the honest reviews .. That reminded me of that awesome soundtrack. .Actually its quite popular in Basketball matches .. !

Sanu aunda ni pyar naaptol ke, kanda kaddida speakeran te bol ke...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hzTg4zPBtDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Interesting take on Ar Rahman's sufi music in an "opera" fashion, quiet a few dislike comments though.

Sanu aunda ni pyar naaptol ke, kanda kaddida speakeran te bol ke...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hzTg4zPBtDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MAn all Punjabi songs are same,whenever i go to a wedding I can guess the beat and start dancing.

MAn all Punjabi songs are same,whenever i go to a wedding I can guess the beat and start dancing.

Hain? Brampton chavs start doing Bhangra in the middle of the road :)

My Punjabi also sounds very Indian after having lived here for so long

Hain? Brampton chavs start doing Bhangra in the middle of the road :)

My Punjabi also sounds very Indian after having lived here for so long

Do you speak Doabi Punjabi? I think most Pak Punjabis speak mahji.

One of my all time favourite songs:

I bumped in to the track in 2008 when it was played during the intro of the critically acclaimed wrestler movie in 2008, what's the back story of the song and the band [MENTION=7774]Robert[/MENTION] [MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] the video is very good to

They were one of the first 80's hair metal bands to hit no.1 on the mainstream charts with "Come on Feel the Noise" . Pretty much opened the gates for a bunch of hair bands to hit the mainstream - Motley Crue, Poison, Twisted Sister etc. etc.

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] have you seen the animated drama Prince of Egypt? it's about Prophet Musa (as). In the movie there's a scene which involves this song (also covered by Mariah Carey and Whitney):

I didn't know that Michelle Pfeiffer provided the vocals for the original song in the movie :)) wow

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] have you seen the animated drama Prince of Egypt? it's about Prophet Musa (as). In the movie there's a scene which involves this song (also covered by Mariah Carey and Whitney):

I didn't know that Michelle Pfeiffer provided the vocals for the original song in the movie :)) wow

No I haven't but I will give it a watch. Is this really her voice? A bit too high pitched not that I want to critiicse her :))

No I haven't but I will give it a watch. Is this really her voice? A bit too high pitched not that I want to critiicse her :))

She provides the vocals for that song along with another woman but I can't figure out which bits Michelle sings, I didn't know she was a singer as well lol

[MENTION=132270]SL_Fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=115388]I Believe in the Teesra[/MENTION]

I've got the stuff that you want
I've got the thing that you need
I've got more than enough
To make you drop to your knees
'Cause I'm THE QUEEN OF THE NIGHT
The QUEEN OF THE NIGHT!

Lady Gaga - Applause

Incredible song from the last GOAT left in the industry, I also think that Younis Khan should walk out to it every time he has a bat :yk

Lady Gaga - Applause

Incredible song from the last GOAT left in the industry, I also think that Younis Khan should walk out to it every time he has a bat :yk

The 2 greatest artists still making new music are The Rolling Stones and Eminem. No one else comes close

The 2 greatest artists still making new music are The Rolling Stones and Eminem. No one else comes close

I respect the Rolling Stones but they are very ancient now, I doubt they can put on a show better then Gaga at the SuperBowl before 70K+ , Eminem is okay but he lacks the aura of a 2pac never mind Michael Jackson or Prince who have that stage presence. He just doesn't inspire in that way, all I seem him is as a talented white boy who's good at rhyming , disses and whinging; come to think of it the guy is so overrated, it all went down hill after Lose Yourself which is arguably one of the greatest rap singles ever. He just lacks that influence and command over the audience, he just doesn't inspire the masses and they could do with such a figure in the current climate in America but Ems is just not that guy.

I would call you what they say "Pakka Bangalorean",such a old school Bangalore song,I can still hear Styx it in some cafe on Church street.

Unless you were conveying something through the song :yk

I am a pakka Bangalorean having grown up in the nineties and the early noughties here. :D Definitely more so than Mallu. It was one of those tunes my band used to try and jam on when we were teenagers though we didn't sound all that great :))) . I've grown older now but going by the stuff i still listen to i guess i haven't grown up much :yk2 :sa

I respect the Rolling Stones but they are very ancient now, I doubt they can put on a show better then Gaga at the SuperBowl before 70K+ , Eminem is okay but he lacks the aura of a 2pac never mind Michael Jackson or Prince who have that stage presence. He just doesn't inspire in that way, all I seem him is as a talented white boy who's good at rhyming , disses and whinging; come to think of it the guy is so overrated, it all went down hill after Lose Yourself which is arguably one of the greatest rap singles ever. He just lacks that influence and command over the audience, he just doesn't inspire the masses and they could do with such a figure in the current climate in America but Ems is just not that guy.

Lol Mick Jagger even at this age alone can blow Lady Gaga away and I like her music. As for this "talented white boy", he is the greatest rapper of all time almost in every way. He was the most successful and popular artist of the previous decade. He has most number 1 albums in a row tied with The frickin Beatles. His next one will go number 1 and he will make history. All he has to do is say a word on someone elses song and it becomes a hit. For example, "No Favours" on Big Seans new album. Mediocre song but Eminems verse is the reason people listen. I don't care about aura. I care about quality of music in which case even Biggie and Jay-Z (his old stuff) have better music than 2pac let alone the GOAT, Eminem. Even when it comes to aura he is ahead of anyone. No rapper will dare to challenging him because they know he will end them. Just watch this. He is simply the greatest of all time and I don't want to come off as racist but its very hard for black people to admit that this white guy has left them in the dust in their own game. When it comes to lyrics, complex rhyming, flow, versatility and everything else, Eminem is comfortably the perfect rapper. The only other who comes close is Biggie (he would have equalled or maybe even surpassed Eminem had he not been killed. Both his albums were perfect) and the old Jay-Z.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nWzWebaRBjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Lol Mick Jagger even at this age alone can blow Lady Gaga away and I like her music. As for this "talented white boy", he is the greatest rapper of all time almost in every way. He was the most successful and popular artist of the previous decade. He has most number 1 albums in a row tied with The frickin Beatles. His next one will go number 1 and he will make history. All he has to do is say a word on someone elses song and it becomes a hit. For example, "No Favours" on Big Seans new album. Mediocre song but Eminems verse is the reason people listen. I don't care about aura. I care about quality of music in which case even Biggie and Jay-Z (his old stuff) have better music than 2pac let alone the GOAT, Eminem. Even when it comes to aura he is ahead of anyone. No rapper will dare to challenging him because they know he will end them. Just watch this. He is simply the greatest of all time and I don't want to come off as racist but its very hard for black people to admit that this white guy has left them in the dust in their own game. When it comes to lyrics, complex rhyming, flow, versatility and everything else, Eminem is comfortably the perfect rapper. The only other who comes close is Biggie (he would have equalled or maybe even surpassed Eminem had he not been killed. Both his albums were perfect) and the old Jay-Z.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nWzWebaRBjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ems is the equivalent of a statisticians dream and a big marketing success, there are many limited artists today with incredible record when it comes to sales ec but that doesn't necessarily mean they are the GOAT, it's like saying Rihannah is the ultimate best. Ems is the Rihanna of Rap, he had a couple of albums here and there but he just lacks that aura of a genuine star, is incredibly dull/bland, it is beyond me who'd call a guy who often makes fun of Kim K's behind the GOAT I mean talk about creativity this guy is an insult to Rap which is supposed to be a form of literature, throwing in rhymes doesn't make his work meaningful, he doesn't compare to Biggie, Pac none of these guys, he lacks when it comes to flow, writing , influence , aura and execution ; Biggie and Pac cemented their legacy's in a short amount of time they achieved more then what Ems could manage for two decades, were they around now that white boy wouldn't be around. However when it comes to whinging, rhyming and beats produced by his buddy dre sure Ems is good. If Ems died tomorrow no one would talk about him like they did Pac and Biggie, I think what holds Ems down is that he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the box Pac was a really intelligent guy so he could display his versatility across all topics be it gangster rap, geopolitics, inner city deprivations, social problems, racism , violence , women etc he is UNTOUCABLE, Ems is LEVELS below Biggie and couple more EXTRA LEVELS below Pac. And Mick Jagger was great in his prime but no one cares for that old fartt now, seriously you're telling me the SuperBowl would ask him to do the half time show and deliver on the same level? do you even know how hard it is to perform the way she did the athleticism which is required in addition to all the singing, you have create a big spectacle.

Tupac is the most overrated rapper of all time and this is coming from a guy who knows his discography inside out. Biggie was much better and its unfortuante that he only had 2 albums both of which were perfect. Biggie better in every way.

1) Eminem
2) Biggie
3) Jay-Z

When it comes to pure quality of rap music. Don't care about rubbish conspiracy theories. Even pac fans will agree that his flow and rhymes were just average. I'm a massive Pac fan but the way some people overrate the guy....

Eminem is the Rihanna of rap in terms of the misconception of how good he is. The guy is only rated better then Pac by his hardcore fans and mostly casuals who know little about hip hop or what is actual quality. They think nonsensical rhymes and dissing the behind of adult entertainment stars counts for versatility, what an absolute joke. Unfortunately Eminem's music lacks an intellect or any sought of meaningful knowledge which means that he rarely able to reach people besides the uncle toms and white people who make him out to be the best thing since sliced bread in addition to the false trophy's which give his legacy a false sense of greatness despite their proven bigotry towards coloured folk, racial bias and disgust for hip hop since its inception.

Em is great at rhyming out of context in a nonsensical way and people think he is the goat but the man lacks severely in the rhythm and tone department. His voice is incredibly annoying, high pitched and whiny/whingy; quiet frankly he sounds like a chain saw and his voice is just so methodical and unorganic almost like a broken computer robot on loop. Pac on the other hand you can listen to non-stop again and again without wanting to throw your headphones out the window, his music also inspires you in a way which Eminem is not capable of and his Rhythm/flow is a lot more soothing to the ears given the aura of voice and the power of his narrative given his superior IQ to Eminem.

Pac has proven his creativity/versatility through his discussion of a range of topics across multiple themes, Eminem is skilled in repeating words very quick with a big vocabulary but in the grand scheme he's unable to convey emotion and a story like Pac or inspire the masses. Pac's work is a lot more insightful and spiritual, Eminem on the other hand is overly superficial. Eminem is also a big fan of Pac and would be the first to tell you himself who the Rap God is, it is Pac and it's not even a contest.

1) Pac
2) Biggie
3) Nas

Last edited:
Agree with shazzy bear eminem does have a bit of an annoying whiny voice. Still would put him in the top three tho. For mine biggie, pac and em.

I am a pakka Bangalorean having grown up in the nineties and the early noughties here. :D Definitely more so than Mallu. It was one of those tunes my band used to try and jam on when we were teenagers though we didn't sound all that great :))) . I've grown older now but going by the stuff i still listen to i guess i haven't grown up much :yk2 :sa

Ahh tbh I have been to Bangalore multiple occasions and I miss that "generation" ,things have changed a lot immigrants and what not but I think Bangalore and Mumbai are two only cosmopolitan cities of India that have a place for multiple cultures.

The rock scene in Bangalore seems not to great right now or maybe because I'm in Chennai and out of idea.

Tupac is the most overrated rapper of all time and this is coming from a guy who knows his discography inside out. Biggie was much better and its unfortuante that he only had 2 albums both of which were perfect. Biggie better in every way.

1) Eminem
2) Biggie
3) Jay-Z

When it comes to pure quality of rap music. Don't care about rubbish conspiracy theories. Even pac fans will agree that his flow and rhymes were just average. I'm a massive Pac fan but the way some people overrate the guy....

What a joke!!!

Tupac wipes the floor with every other rapper in the history of rapping!! Biggie was really good and comes close to Pac but eminem??? Lol its an insult to pac to mention eminem and tupac in the same breath. Eminem is just the best white rapper of all time thats it.

Its a shame that pac got killed when he was 26 (after already becoming the GOAT at that young age) otherwise we wouldn't have had these joke of comparisons today.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] [MENTION=131678]Madplayer[/MENTION] I disagree with you guys but I respect your argument since you are talking about an ATG like 2pac. Believe me since coming here I've argued with people who say lil Wayne and 2 chainz are better than eminem. For me em is the GOAT. Btw listen to some of jay zs old stuff mainly reasonable doubt, blueprint and black album. Amazing music

Ahh tbh I have been to Bangalore multiple occasions and I miss that "generation" ,things have changed a lot immigrants and what not but I think Bangalore and Mumbai are two only cosmopolitan cities of India that have a place for multiple cultures.

The rock scene in Bangalore seems not to great right now or maybe because I'm in Chennai and out of idea.

The rock scene is dying everywhere i think. But yeah recently we had guitar virtouso Guthrie Govan hold a workshop at Tamarind Tree and that was sold out and yeah progressive metal giants Dream Theater are playing here in June. But the local scene is not as vibrant as it used to be no doubt. Electronic music is what the kids are into these days. Sunburn etc. etc.

The rock scene is dying everywhere i think. But yeah recently we had guitar virtouso Guthrie Govan hold a workshop at Tamarind Tree and that was sold out and yeah progressive metal giants Dream Theater are playing here in June. But the local scene is not as vibrant as it used to be no doubt. Electronic music is what the kids are into these days. Sunburn etc. etc.
That is true but i think it has an economical advantage with so many clubs and maybe even other opportunities,unlike rock bands so makes sense for more number to be into making edm, and younger generation nto it.

Sunburn is no my thing or mayve just not into Edm ,ppl love it and no one has promoted it more than Bangalore's own Nikhil Chinappa.

That is true but i think it has an economical advantage with so many clubs and maybe even other opportunities,unlike rock bands so makes sense for more number to be into making edm, and younger generation nto it.

Sunburn is no my thing or mayve just not into Edm ,ppl love it and no one has promoted it more than Bangalore's own Nikhil Chinappa.

Yep. Nikhil Chinnappa certainly had a big role in promoting EDM in Bangalore. Earlier, it was popular only in Delhi i think. All colleges here have DJ nights which are hugely popular and big money spinners and the traditional "battle of the bands' is no longer that popular. Can't blame them lol. It's the music of their generation and i guess blues/folk/rock has had it's time. They don't even have Fireflies festival anymore.

Yep. Nikhil Chinnappa certainly had a big role in promoting EDM in Bangalore. Earlier, it was popular only in Delhi i think. All colleges here have DJ nights which are hugely popular and big money spinners and the traditional "battle of the bands' is no longer that popular. Can't blame them lol. It's the music of their generation and i guess blues/folk/rock has had it's time. They don't even have Fireflies festival anymore.

Im glad i did my college in Bangalore when rock scene was still a big part but tbh those Dj nights had already started to creep in.Kind hate the change but have to accept it,collected many bandanas from rock shows.

I hear its good in NE now,esp Shillong and all guess one of the states even has a big festival where we can camp nd what not.

Delhi music scene has always been a joke to me either is Punjabi mixed with something or wannabe reggae terrible at both. still remember hearing Begum X and Delhi Sultanate pretty terrible imo, although Begum was kinda good :p

Last edited:
Eminem is the Rihanna of rap in terms of the misconception of how good he is. The guy is only rated better then Pac by his hardcore fans and mostly casuals who know little about hip hop or what is actual quality. They think nonsensical rhymes and dissing the behind of adult entertainment stars counts for versatility, what an absolute joke. Unfortunately Eminem's music lacks an intellect or any sought of meaningful knowledge which means that he rarely able to reach people besides the uncle toms and white people who make him out to be the best thing since sliced bread in addition to the false trophy's which give his legacy a false sense of greatness despite their proven bigotry towards coloured folk, racial bias and disgust for hip hop since its inception.

Em is great at rhyming out of context in a nonsensical way and people think he is the goat but the man lacks severely in the rhythm and tone department. His voice is incredibly annoying, high pitched and whiny/whingy; quiet frankly he sounds like a chain saw and his voice is just so methodical and unorganic almost like a broken computer robot on loop. Pac on the other hand you can listen to non-stop again and again without wanting to throw your headphones out the window, his music also inspires you in a way which Eminem is not capable of and his Rhythm/flow is a lot more soothing to the ears given the aura of voice and the power of his narrative given his superior IQ to Eminem.

Pac has proven his creativity/versatility through his discussion of a range of topics across multiple themes, Eminem is skilled in repeating words very quick with a big vocabulary but in the grand scheme he's unable to convey emotion and a story like Pac or inspire the masses. Pac's work is a lot more insightful and spiritual, Eminem on the other hand is overly superficial. Eminem is also a big fan of Pac and would be the first to tell you himself who the Rap God is, it is Pac and it's not even a contest.

1) Pac
2) Biggie
3) Nas

Good points [MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION].. Not agreeing fully though.. Eminem is still one of the top 5 GOAT..
I too used to think about Eminem as THE GOAT back when I thought Rap was just post-2000 songs.. I just hit up on the pre 1999 (Eminem era) material only much later..

Nas's N.Y. State of Mind , PAC's California love(featuring DRE) and Biggie's Juicy give Loose yourself a good run for its money in every metric of judging a RAP song. So are great pioneering numbers by N.W.A (Straight outta Compton & "FK the Police") .. or Ice T ("You played yourself") or Wu-Tang Clan.

Missy Elliot (" Get your Freak On") surely deserves mention too..

Regarding 2PAC and Biggie, neither lived long enough for us to see any appreciable decline/change in their output to judge them as Artists.

If you look at it, they died at their Peaks or to the end of it (in Biggie's case). And their death added a level of romanticism regarding their work.. They could easily have gone eminem's or Nas's way, unable to replicate their initial success. Let's see how Eminem launches a comeback to relevance, rather than piggybacking on Rihanna to bail out his songs..

Great Rappers like Ice Cube ("It was a good day", "You can Do it") , refused to adapt their music to changing times and faded away. So have good rappers like 50 Cent (not great but had GOAT hits like "In Da Club").

Snoop Dogg and Jay Z are strange cases too .. They have a long body of work but the really memorable songs MAYBE fewer. Snoop had some great FEAT numbers with many great artists..

Rap has changed far too much in the modern times.. It had to adapt . For the level of criticism Kanye Gets, he actually does a lot of innovation in his work and to an extend has made rap still relevant in modern music. I love "heartless" and "Homecoming"..

Last edited:
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] [MENTION=131678]Madplayer[/MENTION] I disagree with you guys but I respect your argument since you are talking about an ATG like 2pac. Believe me since coming here I've argued with people who say lil Wayne and 2 chainz are better than eminem. For me em is the GOAT. Btw listen to some of jay zs old stuff mainly reasonable doubt, blueprint and black album. Amazing music

I disagree that he's the goat but in the 2000's has been my favourite rapper

Back