Where does Shivnarine Chanderpaul stand amongst the All Time Greats?

Sachin Lara Ponting are ahead of him by a distance IMO.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

1. Sachin 2. Lara 3. Ponting 4. Kallis 5.Dravid 6.Chanderpaul 7.G Smith 8.Sanga 9.Inzi 10. Clarke. In both formats my list of batsman ive seen

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Was gonna make a thread about shiv but found this one, so where do people rank him as a test batsmen? Some on the 1st page of the thread had him up there with Dravid and Kallis.

For me he isn't better than Kallis, Dravid, and Sanga but he's definitely underrated. He has a case to be tier 2 test match batsmen

Not underrated, he's adequately rated. Everybody acknowledges his dogged fighting spirit, but he lacked the impact you need to be an ATG something players like Ponting, Lara and SRT have.

A great but not ATG..

In the mould of Smith, KP and YK..

He is underrated but it's because he lacked the impact other players had. How many.match winning centuries does he have like Brian Lara

Yes he is massively underrated without a shadow of doubt,he will top the charts of the most under rated cricketers in history

Its amazing to see that this guy has stuck with the team for more than 20 years

He is a really good batsman i haven't see he is been troubled by swing or turn much and can effortlessly tackle swing and spin but he lacks the temperament for eg;he bats at no 5 or 6 which means he mostly bats along with tailenders but he exposes them a lot,moreover i couldn't memorize his scintillating knocks easily as like other great batsmans

Very underrated indeed. As good as any Test batsman in the last 15 odd years. Those who criticize him for his lack of impact should realize that he played for a very weak team and thus was not allowed to express himself.

He was certainly capable of doing that. His 70 ball century vs an attack of Gillespie, Lee and McGill is one great example.

Personally speaking, I have great respect for him. He's no Tendulkar, Lara, Ponting or Sangakkara, but he's as good as anyone else who has played in that era.

He was not copy book type of batsman, neither played eye pleasing shots. His strength was knowing his limitation and batting within that. He probably is at same level with gary kirsten , steve Waugh , thorpe etc

I really fail to understand why did WI do so badly after 2001. They still had such a strong batting line up of Gayle, Sarwan, Lara, Chanderpaul, Hooper, Adams, etc.

Back