Where's the swing for Mohammad Amir?

His preformance has just been good, nothing that was expected from him.

I understand Amir is held to a different standard because of the hype.

I feel he's been good though in general. Not bad nor exemplary. Just good.

Anyone saying Rahat or Wahab (my God you have to be kidding) have been better are having a laugh.
He has been mediocre.

I understand Amir is held to a different standard because of the hype.

I feel he's been good though in general. Not bad nor exemplary. Just good.

Anyone saying Rahat or Wahab (my God you have to be kidding) have been better are having a laugh.
Wahab has been better than him in both the games.

in thia match amir bowled better than any body other 3 were worst and wahab i say is now not good enough ... In two matches he has been nothing but medicore. Amir should be given whole 1 year and then we can check where he standa still in pakistan there is no one who can bowl better than him at this stage if there is ? Plz name

Only in 1 innings that is 2nd innings of the 1st test. Other than that Wahab has been the worst bowler from Pakistan. In this match Amir has been Pakistan's best pacer. That being said he has been nowhere near good enough to called an above average performer.

Only in 1 innings that is 2nd innings of the 1st test. Other than that Wahab has been the worst bowler from Pakistan. In this match Amir has been Pakistan's best pacer. That being said he has been nowhere near good enough to called an above average performer.
That spell from Wahab was very crucial, and Wahab got the important wickets in this Test match.

That spell from Wahab was very crucial, and Wahab got the important wickets in this Test match.

What important wickets in this match? When they were hitting out to fasten the declaration. Wahab has been shocking in this match. Amir has been much better than him in this match.

I already acknowledged Wahab for that one spell. My realistic assessment is that Pakistan's best pacers have been Rahat and Amir in 1st and 2nd tests respectively. So I would drop Wahab for Immy Jr in next match.

Granted Amir hasn't set the world on fire, but anyone who says Rahat Ali has bowled better than anyone in this test match, let alone Pakistan's best pacer, is not thinking straight. Rahat's inept and wayward bowling is touching ridiculous levels now. He's been worse than Wahab Riaz, thats how awful this guy has bowled.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Ahaan, no wonder he has the same number of wickets Amir has, oh wait did I just commit blasphemy??

Amir has been by far the best pacer for us. Even today English had to give him due respect despite wanted to score quick.
He takes cooks edge for fun pretty much and makes hales look like a fool.
I hope he is not bowling himself to injury here.
He does need to find that swing though. To be fair to him Jimmy didn't swing it that much here 2 and both pitches have been fairly flat.
Another over reaction OP.
And in 2010 with asifree tying up an end it was easier to pitch it up and look for the swing and risk 4 runs but if he wasn't keep the runs down then cook would be flying even more than he has been. Cook has been scoring freaking run a ball with amir going at 3 an over

When did he take an edge of Cook in this innings.. from what I saw Rahat had an lbw shout which was clipping the bails and an inside edge that went for Amir.. Amir was getting spanked by Cook left right and center..

And for those who say Amir has owned Cook, let me remind you Misbah has also gotten out to Moeen Ali twice, but on the flip side Moeen Ali has also conceded alot of runs against him.. So has been the case with Cook, who has had a very good time taking apart Amir with the new ball..

How?

Amir has more wickets. Better average. Better Economy.

Plus the dropped catches...

Cook dropped by Sarfraz (1st test, 1st innings)
Cook dropped by Hafeez (1st test, 1st innings)
Hales dropped at gully (2nd test 1st innings)

Wahab had a few good moments. But from start to finish, Amir has done more. He's been far more consistent.

How?

Amir has more wickets. Better average. Better Economy.

Plus the dropped catches...

Cook dropped by Sarfraz (1st test, 1st innings)
Cook dropped by Hafeez (1st test, 1st innings)
Hales dropped at gully (2nd test 1st innings)

Wahab had a few good moments. But from start to finish, Amir has done more. He's been far more consistent.

He eventually got those batsmen out... so stop whining as if that should've added to his wickets tally, and his total of 6 wickets should actually have to be 10 isn't it? Because in Amir fan boy world it is..

The criticism should be legitimate. Yes, his pace is down. Yes, he is tired.

But you can't honestly say Rahat has been better by miles. There is a reason why Misbah always goes to Amir first, out of all the pacers. Despite not threatening to run through sides (only a few people had such lofty expectations), he is the only one of the pacers who has been able to bowl a consistent line and give the batsmen something to think about.

But apparently the commentators are biased. He bowled a tight line, he beat the beat several times, there were quite a few edges, but no, the umpires only praised him because they are biased.

I don't like the witch-hunt, nor is the extravagant praise necessary. He has been average, or slightly above average over the course of the series so far.

Let me know when Amir gets rid of both Joe Root and Alaistar Cook in the same innings.. and I will agree with you that Amir is a better bowler than Rahat on current form..

Right now Rahat has had the bigger names, and has made more contributions than future Akram

Amir is no world beater presently but he is a lot better than Wahab and Rahat. We need to keep our expectations realistic. 6 wickets in two tests whilst not being an earth shattering effort is decent if you consider he has hardly been playing any long format cricket for 5 years.

Let me know when Amir gets rid of both Joe Root and Alaistar Cook in the same innings.. and I will agree with you that Amir is a better bowler than Rahat on current form..

Right now Rahat has had the bigger names, and has made more contributions than future Akram

Rahat was defo better bowler in first test but in 2nd Amir has been better than Rahat and Wahab who have looked clueless and ineffective at the same time.

Wahab has been the most pathetic one on show and should make way for IK jr in the next match

He eventually got those batsmen out... so stop whining as if that should've added to his wickets tally, and his total of 6 wickets should actually have to be 10 isn't it? Because in Amir fan boy world it is..

That does nothing to refute my point nor do I wish to indulge in name-calling.

The case being made is he was the better bowler both with stats and the eye test.

Ahaan, no wonder he has the same number of wickets Amir has, oh wait did I just commit blasphemy??
Dude this is getting silly. You can take your digs at Amir all you want, but atleast be a bit more balanced in your views. Rahat Ali is the weakest bowler from both the teams so far. His ability to go at 4.5-5 RPO consistently in all of his opening spells has meant easy runs for Cook and Root. Not sure why you can't accept this.

Amir isn't the world best one right now, give him a season guys.

But he is better than Rahat and Wahab.

Rahat was defo better bowler in first test but in 2nd Amir has been better than Rahat and Wahab who have looked clueless and ineffective at the same time.

Wahab has been the most pathetic one on show and should make way for IK jr in the next match

amir and rhat both got 2 wickets in 1st innings... and amir got no wickets with the second new ball.. despite all the hype created for him.. rahat has bowled better than him with the new ball.. he has gotten more wickets.. he's gotten joe root whereas amir hasn't

Needs time.

Transition to test cricket isn't as easy as some people made it out earlier. He hasn't bowled badly at all, has shown enough skills. As he bowls more, gets into a good rhythm, he will keep getting better.

As a neutral, I would much rather prefer to watch Aamir bowl in tests than a Sohail Khan or Imran Khan jr.

Dude this is getting silly. You can take your digs at Amir all you want, but atleast be a bit more balanced in your views. Rahat Ali is the weakest bowler from both the teams so far. His ability to go at 4.5-5 RPO consistently in all of his opening spells has meant easy runs for Cook and Root. Not sure why you can't accept this.

you can say whatever you want a whole test match went by Rahat bowled better, got the big fish whereas savior resorted to getting tailenders..
second test match amir gets 2 wickets and rahat gets 2.. so i can't see how amir has been better when clearly rahat has been more potent of the two

amir and rhat both got 2 wickets in 1st innings... and amir got no wickets with the second new ball.. despite all the hype created for him.. rahat has bowled better than him with the new ball.. he has gotten more wickets.. he's gotten joe root whereas amir hasn't

What are you on about?

First Test our best bowler was Rahat but in this test Amir has bowled better Irrespective of the number of wickets. I dont need to see number of wickets and stats to know who was better when I am watching the match myself.

Amir has been average, but that is what was expected. Atleast I didnt expect him to set the world on fire, he is a much better bowler than Rahat and Wahab but he has been playing literally no long format cricket for nearly 6 years and still control wise he has looked better. Pace is a bit down in later spells and that is where he is lacking stamina and test match practice.

I agree with gist of your post but Rahat is a better option than Wahab who is completely in effective gun barrel straight.

you can say whatever you want a whole test match went by Rahat bowled better, got the big fish whereas savior resorted to getting tailenders..
second test match amir gets 2 wickets and rahat gets 2.. so i can't see how amir has been better when clearly rahat has been more potent of the two
Forget Amir, Moeen has bowled better than Rahat this test match. That put things in persperctive for you? Rahat has gone for 5 RPO in every opening spell so far, which is definitely not good enough at this level. Amir has been disappointing with his lack of penetration, but watching Rahat bowl makes me want to fling something at the TV.

I agree with gist of your post but Rahat is a better option than Wahab who is completely in effective gun barrel straight.
Don't have many options tbh. Wahab has bowled with much better control than Rahat. Unless we decide to chuck both Wahab and Rahat out, the imperative course of action is to sit out Rahat Ali. Can't afford to leak runs initially at such an alarming rate.

Forget Amir, Moeen has bowled better than Rahat this test match. That put things in persperctive for you? Rahat has gone for 5 RPO in every opening spell so far, which is definitely not good enough at this level. Amir has been disappointing with his lack of penetration, but watching Rahat bowl makes me want to fling something at the TV.

Sorry stats don't go by something abstract or your feelings of throwing something on the TV.. so keep your e,otions to yourself

For me wickets column is all that matters, Test match is about buying wickets no matter how many runs you go for.. that is my perspective of looking at things..

What are you on about?

First Test our best bowler was Rahat but in this test Amir has bowled better Irrespective of the number of wickets. I dont need to see number of wickets and stats to know who was better when I am watching the match myself.

Amir has been average, but that is what was expected. Atleast I didnt expect him to set the world on fire, he is a much better bowler than Rahat and Wahab but he has been playing literally no long format cricket for nearly 6 years and still control wise he has looked better. Pace is a bit down in later spells and that is where he is lacking stamina and test match practice.

He might be a better bowler but so far that has not translated on the pitch because Rahat has been moe potent than him.. I maybe proved wrong later on but so far this is the case

Sorry stats don't go by something abstract or your feelings of throwing something on the TV.. so keep your e,otions to yourself
Keep these stats to yourself and watch the game for once. Then again, children wouldn't understand test matches anyway. Stick to T20s kid.

For me wickets column is all that matters, Test match is about buying wickets no matter how many runs you go for.. that is my perspective of looking at things..
Yeah, and for fans of the team who actually know what's going on, watching Cook bat a SR of 80+ consistently in the initial stages of the innings is not pretty.

Its like banging your head on the wall. Continue with your petty Amir bashing. Sure thats helping you sleep well at night.

Keep these stats to yourself and watch the game for once. Then again, children wouldn't understand test matches anyway. Stick to T20s kid.

T20 is what you watch brother that is why you don't have a hint of how test cricket works..

Test cricket is about buying wickets because theoretically runs per over doesnot matter because even if you score at 6 an over, but if you are all out for 200.. scoring at a high rate didnot yield you anything..

Hence theoretically a bowler who goes at 6 an over, but picks up 5 wickets is better than a bowler who goes at 3 an over and picks up only 2 wickets.. get it??

Yeah, and for fans of the team who actually know what's going on, watching Cook bat a SR of 80+ consistently in the initial stages of the innings is not pretty.

Its like banging your head on the wall. Continue with your petty Amir bashing. Sure thats helping you sleep well at night.

Amir maybe economical but economical doesnot win you Test matches because run rate has no bearing on the outcome.. go for 6 an over but pick up a Joe Root and Alaistar Cook is half of the game right there..

This is what Imran Khan always said to Wasim 'I don't care how many runs you go for, how many no balls you bowl as long as you are getting me wickets'

How else do you want me to explain this to you.. Runs per over doesnot determine how good a bowler is in test cricket.. sure if he is like 30 overs and 150 runs conceded and only one wicket.. then you can say yea the bowler has done very poorly..

Stats for Amir could be compared if Amir had outdone Rahat in the wickets department, but he hasn't..

Looking better, wayward bowling, banging your head against the wall.. keep these kind of feelings to yourself, Rahat has done better than Amir with the new ball.. if the batsmen are going after him, it is a good sign because eventually that buys you a wicket.. Amir might be economical but he hasn't done any noteworthy damage.. he is bowled at the same level as Rahat..

So either they are both crap, or both of them have bowled really well.. I can't see why it is hard for others to see this point..

T20 is what you watch brother that is why you don't have a hint of how test cricket works..

Test cricket is about buying wickets because theoretically runs per over doesnot matter because even if you score at 6 an over, but if you are all out for 200.. scoring at a high rate didnot yield you anything..

Hence theoretically a bowler who goes at 6 an over, but picks up 5 wickets is better than a bowler who goes at 3 an over and picks up only 2 wickets.. get it??
No brother. If a bowler is bowling attacking lengths in search of wickets, he is eligible to go for runs provided he has a more than decent strike-rate. Rahat Ali's economy is more because he bowls rubbish deliveries short and wide, off-stump/leg-stump half volleys etc without any plan whatsoever.

When a bowler struggles to extract much from the pitch in the initial exchanges, he should be smart enough to realise that he needs to keep it tight and a mistake will ensue. Test cricket is about patience, more than anything else. Cook and Root are too good to get out to the filth Rahat has bowled in this test.

Amir maybe economical but economical doesnot win you Test matches because run rate has no bearing on the outcome.. go for 6 an over but pick up a Joe Root and Alaistar Cook is half of the game right there..

This is what Imran Khan always said to Wasim 'I don't care how many runs you go for, how many no balls you bowl as long as you are getting me wickets'

How else do you want me to explain this to you.. Runs per over doesnot determine how good a bowler is in test cricket.. sure if he is like 30 overs and 150 runs conceded and only one wicket.. then you can say yea the bowler has done very poorly..

Stats for Amir could be compared if Amir had outdone Rahat in the wickets department, but he hasn't..

Looking better, wayward bowling, banging your head against the wall.. keep these kind of feelings to yourself, Rahat has done better than Amir with the new ball.. if the batsmen are going after him, it is a good sign because eventually that buys you a wicket.. Amir might be economical but he hasn't done any noteworthy damage.. he is bowled at the same level as Rahat..

So either they are both crap, or both of them have bowled really well.. I can't see why it is hard for others to see this point..
Man I give up. If you think Rahat Ali's economy is because of him bowling with an attacking mindset, I really don't have much to add here anymore. Please continue to watch your phuppi ka beta get thrashed like a rag-doll while Amir and Yasir struggle to hold down one end, again and again.

No brother. If a bowler is bowling attacking lengths in search of wickets, he is eligible to go for runs provided he has a more than decent strike-rate. Rahat Ali's economy is more because he bowls rubbish deliveries short and wide, off-stump/leg-stump half volleys etc without any plan whatsoever.

When a bowler struggles to extract much from the pitch in the initial exchanges, he should be smart enough to realise that he needs to keep it tight and a mistake will ensue. Test cricket is about patience, more than anything else. Cook and Root are too good to get out to the filth Rahat has bowled in this test.

By that logic Amir has not been able to extract much.. Check the stats if you don't believe me,

End of day's play on day 1... Amir and Rahat had almost the same run rate.. the difference in rate was a few decimals.. both had picked up 2 wickets each..

But then people go on like Rahat got hit for a lot more runs... how is that possible when they had conceded the same amount of runs..

Rahat conceded a few on the next day, but comparitively even with this new ball Rahat looked more threatening of the 2..

Where Amir was bowling 78mph pies..

Taken out for whatever reason, Hales should've gone to Rahat which was missed by Hafeez, when Amir was struggling at the other end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I give up. If you think Rahat Ali's economy is because of him bowling with an attacking mindset, I really don't have much to add here anymore. Please continue to watch your phuppi ka beta get thrashed like a rag-doll while Amir and Yasir struggle to hold down one end, again and again.

Holding down one end is what an Inzi like captain did, and that theory might yield you wickets in Subcontinent pitches, which are easier to bat on, the same doesnot apply in Test Match Cricket..

Sarfaraz hit plenty of 4's on Woakes, but Woakes eventually got him, which in the long term is more successful even if numbers wise Woakes's economy must've gone up

From heated Amir Vs Steyn debates to people arguing over Rahat vs Amir, how times change.

A single innings of trundling and the knives our out. What this team lacks is a bowler in the mould of Josh Hazlewood, a bowler who can provide some consistency and bowl a nagging line for hours.

Following are the big issues about Amir for me:

Speed is ok, (around 85mph) but used to bowl faster, in fact I remember him clocking 150kph in 2010.

Against right handers, if there is no swing, he becomes toothless. His bouncer has no real venom, his stock delivery (over the wicket, pitching on middle, going toward 1st slip) is easily left alone.

He is not at all confident bowling around the wicket and leakes runs without any real threat.

Have not seen him reversing.

Even when there is some swing, have not seen him bowl any inswingers (to left handers).

Don't have many options tbh. Wahab has bowled with much better control than Rahat. Unless we decide to chuck both Wahab and Rahat out, the imperative course of action is to sit out Rahat Ali. Can't afford to leak runs initially at such an alarming rate.

Problem with Wahab is that he offers nothing with new ball at all. I would rather sit Wahab out for IKjr who has better control and a similar skill set

When did he take an edge of Cook in this innings.. from what I saw Rahat had an lbw shout which was clipping the bails and an inside edge that went for Amir.. Amir was getting spanked by Cook left right and center..

And for those who say Amir has owned Cook, let me remind you Misbah has also gotten out to Moeen Ali twice, but on the flip side Moeen Ali has also conceded alot of runs against him.. So has been the case with Cook, who has had a very good time taking apart Amir with the new ball..

Now I understand what the phrase "you don't know what u r watching" means.
Going by other posts I ain't gonna get through to u.
No point time wasting.
Let's see who misbah opens up with today?

Mohammad Amir's bowling average in Tests goes past 30 runs

Will be interesting to see if Amir can bring it down to the 25 run mark or whether it will continue to rise.

p.s: He is yet to play a Single Test in dreadful bowling conditions of UAE.

Last edited by a moderator:
he is back after 6 years not much 1st class and yet he was better than any other Pakistani fast bowler give him a break we need him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter as long as he bowls with a biomechanically perfect action.

Last edited:
He is making a come back after 6 years and still bowled much better than other Pakistani bowlers! Cut him some slack fgs.

Even at this stage he will easily make in to the SA, NZ teams and lead the pace attack of WI, India, Bangladesh and SL.

So from being hailed as the next Wasim Akram, Amir is going down the Zaheer Khan route.

So from being hailed as the next Wasim Akram, Amir is going down the Zaheer Khan route.
At this point of his career, he is a notch below Zaheer Khan. Zak was instrumental of India being rank 1 side, winning world cup etc. Amir has no such accolades and just have loads of talent. Now whether he can bring that talent to performance is anybody's guess.

But, Zak > Amir as of today

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

At this point of his career, he is a notch below Zaheer Khan. Zak was instrumental of India being rank 1 side, winning world cup etc. Amir has no such accolades and just have loads of talent. Now whether he can bring that talent to performance is anybody's guess.

Agree, all Amir has is lots of so called Talent, Potential.

No performances, trophies or wins.

Last edited:
After playing a couple of series in UAE his average will be close to 40. Overrated.

In today's era how many bowlers have average 25?

But Zak achieved it all in about his 6th year of intl circuit, give Amir a couple of years as well. Zak became world class only after playing a season @ Worcester, before that he was blow hot blow cold, half injured

Lets not be biased to that level

As many of you may know by now, not a fan but based purely on his bowling he will be fine. The seam is good, pace is decent but the wickets are not like 2010 and that's the reason for his relative down turn.

In today's era how many bowlers have average 25?

30 is the new 25 .
Thats why I rate Steyn high . Inspite of having bowled mostly in bowler friendly pitches , its cant be easy to average so low these days .

Aamirs record at the moment isnt bad , but if he does not cash in away matches I think it will go up to 35+ category .

Amir is no Wasim

He will be averaging 27-28 at the end of his career.

Do not forget that when Amir came onto the scene as a 17 year old boy, he was already very good. Some of the balls he bowled in England 2010 are breathtaking & to the likes of Ponting Smith Clarke etc.

The hype about him back then was 100% justified. After the stupidity he made and the 6 years away from the game, he still had some glimpses of brilliance such as the spell against India in Asia Cup.

He has not set the world alight in this tour but it is ridiculous to write him off as an ordinary bowler just yet.

Considering he has not played a Test in 6 years, I think he has bowled well. Stats are only one way to analyse somebody's performance, and often only tell part of the story, or the wrong story altogether; you have to use your eyes and what is between your ears as well.

Surely the bare, bare minimum measure of Amir's output will be the 4 tests in this series. 1.5 Tests is nowhere near enough.

Considering he has not played a Test in 6 years, I think he has bowled well. Stats are only one way to analyse somebody's performance, and often only tell part of the story, or the wrong story altogether; you have to use your eyes and what is between your ears as well.

Surely the bare, bare minimum measure of Amir's output will be the 4 tests in this series. 1.5 Tests is nowhere near enough.

are you mad bro the moment he bowled the first ball and we didn't saw cooks stumps flying he was done and wasted and all that here on PP.

Logic and patience is not our trade.

As many of you may know by now, not a fan but based purely on his bowling he will be fine. The seam is good, pace is decent but the wickets are not like 2010 and that's the reason for his relative down turn.

One of his weakness is lack of bounce from good length and he does not get good seam movement. This will always trouble him on pitches without swing, even on pitches like Aus and NZ, though his good line and length would mean he still does not go for much runs

are you mad bro the moment he bowled the first ball and we didn't saw cooks stumps flying he was done and wasted and all that here on PP.

Logic and patience is not our trade.

Come on, you know why people are so quick to criticise. It was because he was hyped so high. The entire PCB and public were just focused on Amir. There was a lot of media and fan hype. People compare performance against the hype and not actual potential and they get disappointed. Of the hype hadn't been built so high, people's expectations also would be lower.

Come on, you know why people are so quick to criticise. It was because he was hyped so high. The entire PCB and public were just focused on Amir. There was a lot of media and fan hype. People compare performance against the hype and not actual potential and they get disappointed. Of the hype hadn't been built so high, people's expectations also would be lower.

He is hyped for his talent which is visible so I don't know what people are complaining about he is our best fast bowler and would have taken at least 4 more wickets already if not for those drops.

People are mostly impatient and hence you don't take general public comment seriously.

Amir can still bowl fast. All is not lost. Give him some more time, he will definitely come good..

He has bowled well.

Some stupid comments from some pathetic jealous fans who I don't even want to mention and don't have a clue about fast bowling.

Has he set the world alight after 6 years out ?? No.

Can he improve the more he plays ?? Yes

Did I expect him to do better ?? Yes because fans always have high expectations.

Do I still have faith in him ? Yes.

He has bowled well.

Some stupid comments from some pathetic jealous fans who I don't even want to mention and don't have a clue about fast bowling.

Has he set the world alight after 6 years out ?? No.

Can he improve the more he plays ?? Yes

Did I expect him to do better ?? Yes because fans always have high expectations.

Do I still have faith in him ? Yes.
What was the point of his selection if he is still finding his rhythm after two Test matches? It's International cricket, not some warm up cricket, he should have found his rhythm after some overs in his first Test match post ban, but the thing is he didn't have any so called rhythm to begin with, all hype no performance. But still the third Test match is like a final for him, if he fails then it will be officially true that he is just hype with no performance.

Last edited:
What was the point of his selection if he is still finding his rhythm after two Test matches? It's International cricket, not some warm up cricket, he should have found his rhythm after some overs in his first Test match post ban, but the thing is he didn't have any so called rhythm to begin with, all hype no performance. But still the third Test match is like a final for him, if he fails then it will be officially true that he is just hype with no performance.

Yeah I suppose there is a factory in Punjab that is churning out so many fast bowlers on a conveyer belt who could have replaced him.

You seem to have little knowledge on the Test game or your own biases are clouding your judgement.

Maybe the PCB could have organised a tour with more practice matches - do you how many were played in 1992 ??

In any case look at the bigger cracks that are evident in the team, not just targeting one individual as if that's going to solve anything other than soothing some egos.

Yeah I suppose there is a factory in Punjab that is churning out so many fast bowlers on a conveyer belt who could have replaced him.

You seem to have little knowledge on the Test game or your own biases are clouding your judgement.

Maybe the PCB could have organised a tour with more practice matches - do you how many were played in 1992 ??

In any case look at the bigger cracks that are evident in the team, not just targeting one individual as if that's going to solve anything other than soothing some egos.
I am being realistic, this third Test will be his final test, because it's a decider, in a way, if he delivers a match winning performance then he is truly something.

I am being realistic, this third Test will be his final test, because it's a decider, in a way, if he delivers a match winning performance then he is truly something.

He bowled in this Test better than the last one so hopefully he gets better.
And hopefully everyone else gets better like Younis and Azhar to name a few because 1 player alone is not going to change the fortunes dramatically.

He will get better.

He has bowled on some belters and coming after a 6 year interval. He is not a hit the deck bowler and may not be as effective on phattas, especially since this is only his 2nd test match after 6 years. Will improve as time goes on. Obviously some fans had sky high expectations on his very first test which were always going to be misguided.

I think Amir has done his bit ,has taken 6 wickets at an avg of 39.33 with a strike rate of a wicket every 13 overs.I am sure except his die hard fans ,no one expected more than this from him,may be he will surprise all with a fifer in the next match.It is the other pacers (averaging in mid 40s) that Pakistan need to worry about

What you people are failing to realize is that if the fielders had taken the catches off of Aamir's bowling, Aamir would have had 7 or 8 wickets by now which is double what the other bowlers barring Shah have taken.

Give him a green pitch and then watch.

Not every bowler can bowl on a flat pitch.

Good bowler.

Not World class at the moment or even ATG.

Back