Where's the swing for Mohammad Amir?

In this spell his average speed was 84

Brother you did not watch ball to ball because I did.. atleast 3 delvieres in each over were 77-78.. and i wrote those speeds down just in case you missed them

No pace and no swing, very sad.
He could bowl 90mph+ in tests and swing the ball either way, now 80moh and no swing, funny enough the same has happened to NZ's Trent Boult

So is Rohit Sharma, but it doesn't hide the fact that they are way below average outside their comfort-zone.
Nobody rates rohit sharma , not in test cricket . Foreign media pretty much recognise him as a flat track bully while Amir is touted as a great in the making .
Hardly a comparison.

Lol he is the best fast bowler in Pakistan. Even in this series he has looked better than the other 2 so not sure what OP is talking about. Give him some more time. He was unfairly hyped to the moon but if there is a better pacer in Pakistan then tell me his name? He has the potential to be among the 3 best fast bowlers in the world. Some people really showing their bias here tbh because since Amir made his debut no Pakistani pacer has looked as good as him.

That is why Rahat has picked up more wickets than him.. its a testament that Amir has been more poor Rahat.. which in itself is a tragedy

His line is wrong and his indipper is definitely missing on this tour. I thought like Asia cup he will get plenty of swing.

Yes, it's about the ER only...

Let me put it this way:

Pakistani bowlers based on performance so far in this series.

1) Yasir
2) Rahat
3) Amir
4) Wahab

Apart from Yasir, all of them have been poor, but Rahat has bowled better than Amir in patches, while Wahab has been the worst.

And how has Yasir been in this test when all commentators have said Amir was by and far the best Pak bowler in this test ?

Brother you should check the previous overs.. I'm pretty sure you haven't been following the game..
I watched every ball..
His overs 3 and 4 actually had 3-4 deliveries in each other that ranged from 77-78..
All those were not cutters.. he just doesn't want to bowl fast.. or cannot control the ball.. his swing has been missing and he has been the worst of the lot easily
He has the best control among all pacers.
Swing will be back once he finds his rhythem

Nobody rates rohit sharma , not in test cricket . Foreign media pretty much recognise him as a flat track bully while Amir is touted as a great in the making .
Hardly a comparison.

This is exactly the kind of hype I was talking about. Amir has been a failure in 80% of the matches he has played. If this a great in making, then I feel sad for Cricket.

He isnt at top speed yet. He will get there with practice. Fact is that no other Pakistani bowler is as good as him and anyone who knows anything about fast bowling knows how much potential he has. I guess some biased people know more about pace bowling than the likes of Michael Holding and Wasim Akram.

He has the best control among all pacers.
Swing will be back once he finds his rhythem

Oh so you agree he has not been in rhythm.. which is why I made this thread? And you should agree he has been below par.. he was a complete waste with the new ball for me..

I will reserve judgement until the next Test match keeping his five year hiatus in consideration. I think three Test matches in favourable bowling conditions, particularly conducive to his bowling, is a fair period to start evaluating his performance.

That is why Rahat has picked up more wickets than him.. its a testament that Amir has been more poor Rahat.. which in itself is a tragedy

are you 12? Any knowledge of how the game is played . Most of rahats wickets have been batsmen throwing their wickets away . There hasn't been anything special for him where every dismissal has been bowled or lbw

You seem to know more than Akram holding and warne all who have said among the fast bowlers for Pak he has been the best of the lot . I am not sure the purpose of this thread when he has been the best of the lot 6 years after his last test tour

Last edited:
He isnt at top speed yet. He will get there with practice. Fact is that no other Pakistani bowler is as good as him and anyone who knows anything about fast bowling knows how much potential he has. I guess some biased people know more about pace bowling than the likes of Michael Holding and Wasim Akram.

Yea some biased people should also know when to see bad bowling and call it out.. rather than be blind fans and jump on a hype train about a bowler who is trundling at best in overcast conditions

are you 12? Any knowledge of how the game is played . Most of rahats wickets have been batsmen throwing their wickets away . There hasn't been anything special for him where every dismissal has been bowled or lbw

Hahahahaha.. Rahat's wickets are batsmen throwing their wickets away.. but Amir's deliveries should be credit to the bowler... *stands up and applause for you*

You have opened my eyes.. I now see how wrong I have been uptil now

Also it doesn't help to have the likes of Rahat and Wahab bowling along side you.

This is exactly the kind of hype I was talking about. Amir has been a failure in 80% of the matches he has played. If this a great in making, then I feel sad for Cricket.

If he was a batsman and he averaged 40 I would've said yea man you are right.. but this is a fast bowler we are talking about.. I'm pretty sure Ajit Agarkar would do much better than him in these conditions

Guess the opposition batsmen and pundits around the world recognise his exceptionally high ceiling , if he ends up with an average around 29 -30 i would be very dissapointed because that would mean he would have had a career like zaheer khan . That would be dissapointing for a man of his skill .

OP seems to be a biased fan of trundler Rahat Ali well no matter how many threads you churn up Rahat is a brainless bowler he's no match for Amir.

Also it doesn't help to have the likes of Rahat and Wahab bowling along side you.

Yea they stop Amir from bowling at 90mph.. I mean they must've cast a spell on him..
Probably do something with the ball so that it doesn't work for him like it should

Hahahahaha.. Rahat's wickets are batsmen throwing their wickets away.. but Amir's deliveries should be credit to the bowler... *stands up and applause for you*

You must know more than holding Akram and warne all who have said Amir's bowling has been the best among the bowlers ? What's the purpose of the thread when he has been the best among the bowlers are you asking him to be replaced or are you trolling Amir every over

So far 5 wickets for Mohammed Amir all bowled.

There are people who are either biased or just love their stats. Dont really watch or understand the game

OP seems to be a biased fan of trundler Rahat Ali well no matter how many threads you churn up Rahat is a brainless bowler he's no match for Amir.

Rahat has been our best bowler.. I am a realist and I don't believe in abstracts of 'talent', 'fanbase', 'hype', those who believe Amir is the second coming of Wasim Akram, and savior of Pakistan cricket, are the same kind of fans who believe in Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal like they are the next Kohli and Rohit Sharma.. are going at all lengths to call them greats..

I have seen plenty of those fans on this forum, and I like to call out on them whenever I can..

You must know more than holding Akram and warne all who have said Amir's bowling has been the best among the bowlers ? What's the purpose of the thread when he has been the best among the bowlers are you asking him to be replaced or are you trolling Amir every over

Apparently Warne, Holding, etc. have been affected by media bias, which is why they said Amir was the best bowler in the 1st innings. It had nothing to do with his consistent line, the number of times he beat the bat, and all the edges. :)

Rahat has been our best bowler.. I am a realist and I don't believe in abstracts of 'talent', 'fanbase', 'hype', those who believe Amir is the second coming of Wasim Akram, and savior of Pakistan cricket, are the same kind of fans who believe in Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal like they are the next Kohli and Rohit Sharma.. are going at all lengths to call them greats..

I have seen plenty of those fans on this forum, and I like to call out on them whenever I can..

Is that why he is going at 5.5 rpo with no swing this innings ?

Apparently Warne, Holding, etc. have been affected by media bias, which is why they said Amir was the best bowler in the 1st innings. It had nothing to do with his consistent line, the number of times he beat the bat, and all the edges. :)

Apparently there is a conspiracy against Amir, which is stopping him from bowling at pace, bringing the ball back in to the right hander, the slip fielders are in this conspiracy, they have been hired by Mazhar Majeed to make Amir look bad and not get him wickets, hence he has lost hope and now trundles at 77mph..

Its one massive conspiracy.. [MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] will tell you more about this

Is that why he is going at 5.5 rpo with no swing this innings ?

Didn't he almost get rid of Cook and didn't he have a missed chance on Hales which goes as a dropped chance..
Also one of the boundaries he got what as inside that could've gone on to the stumps.. thats called 'margin of error' in cricketing terms.. its obvious there was only one bowler who looked threating enough, or was interested in picking up a wicket.. and that wasn't Amir..

He was bowling bouncers with a new ball in overcast conditions.. if Wahab did that he would be called 'an imbecile' :))

There are people who are either biased or just love their stats. Dont really watch or understand the game

Yup, so biased and stat-obsessed that they dare to mention Amir's horrendous record in 80% of the matches he played, how foolish of them.

Been our best bowler in Englands second innings as well... Miles above Rahat and Yasir today. Just as I say that gets Hales with a beauty

Why can't people leave the poor guy alone? Either he's hyped to the moon or he's abused to the dirt. Why can't he be another bowler who plays cricket? Why does he need to prove he's special everytime?

Been our best bowler in Englands second innings as well... Miles above Rahat and Yasir today. Just as I say that gets Hales with a beauty

A good batsman would've left that one.. average delivery to a batsman who has no technique whatsoever.. Rahat got one edge off Hales as well. But his catch was dropped

Waleed care to comment on the only wicket to fall so far in 2nd innings off an inswinger ?

Why can't people leave the poor guy alone? Either he's hyped to the moon or he's abused to the dirt. Why can't he be another bowler who plays cricket? Why does he need to prove he's special everytime?

That's Pakistan fans for you in general. They either hype or grill them to the ground..nothing in between.

It also appears that Amir already has a cult to defend him no matter how bad the performance is.. makings of a superstar :afridi :sachin

Waleed care to comment on the only wicket to fall so far in 2nd innings off an inswinger ?

Nothing special.. took him a while to bowl a decent delivery..
Hales has been the worst batsman against new ball swing.. his technique is something even holding and hussain pointed flaws in..

Guess ALL the England commentators saying he has been excellent are biased.

A good batsman would've left that one.. average delivery to a batsman who has no technique whatsoever.. Rahat got one edge off Hales as well. But his catch was dropped

Thanks for that. Now I know for sure that you shouldnt be taken seriously

Bumble: "Mohammad Amir has been exceptional".

Clearly a biased Pakistani Amir fan.

Oh hey another 73.2 mph for you.. thats what you call running in and bowling well..

there was a grunt on that delivery as well.. clearly he's giving it his all

Oh hey another 73.2 mph for you.. thats what you call running in and bowling well..

And next 2 balls are 83 and 85 . Have you heard of mixing up the pace when batsmen are looking to score ?

Cricinfo is biased too. Either that or the guys there dont know as much about pace bowling as Waleed. Just like all the England commentators and Wasim Akram

Cricinfo is biased too. Either that or the guys there dont know as much about pace bowling as Waleed. Just like all the England commentators and Wasim Akram

When you are going at 4 an over.. and produce one decent delivery in 8 overs.. I call it pretty pathetic..
And you are glorifying him getting rid of England's worst batsman of all.. I means its not as if he got rid of Cook or Root or anything

And he's still troubling the batsmen. That is what you call bowling intelligence. He is not at 100% but he is still utilising his skills here. Why isn't Misbah bowling Rahat instead? Because he went at over 5 an over in his spell.

Let's call up Mohammad Sami instead. He bowls at 90 MPH.

I don't have time to have a discussion on this right now, sorry.

And he's still troubling the batsmen. That is what you call bowling intelligence. He is not at 100% but he is still utilising his skills here. Why isn't Misbah bowling Rahat instead? Because he went at over 5 an over in his spell.

Let's call up Mohammad Sami instead. He bowls at 90 MPH.

I don't have time to have a discussion on this right now, sorry.

I mean Rahat got a missed chance on Hales, that should've been caught by Hafeez.. and he didn't need 8 overs to induce an edge from Hales

The one thing I've observed is he's been very discipline with his line and lengths, unlike the other 2 pacers. That's a start. I think he will come good given some time.

And how has Yasir been in this test when all commentators have said Amir was by and far the best Pak bowler in this test ?

Yasir has been poor, but he single-handedly won Pakistan the first Test.

Even if he bowls poorly for the next 2 Tests while Amir maintains his current level, Yasir would still be recognized for bowling much better than Amir on this tour, unless Amir wins us a Test like Yasir did.

Amir has bowled decently, and certainly not up to the level he was hyped.

is anyone actually watching the match or just going by cricinfo scorecard? Amir has been the best pakistani bowler by far. Has had catches dropped and constantly bowled a nagging line. Commies praising his bowling galore.

Watch the match not just the stats.

is anyone actually watching the match or just going by cricinfo scorecard? Amir has been the best pakistani bowler by far. Has had catches dropped and constantly bowled a nagging line. Commies praising his bowling galore.

He hasn't swung it at all in overcast conditions.. he started off bowling too short.

Changed ends then was bowling at 77-78 occassionally..

Then after the break came back an induced one edge from Hales which yielded a wicket..

Nothing excpetional coz Joe Root scored a boundary of the next ball of his...

Whichever way you look at it he hasn't been great, calling him the best is really scraping the bottom of the barrel

Rahat had a missed chance of Hales had Hafeez caught that, so Amir hasn't actually bowled better than Rahat to be honest..

I am beginning to question his test match fitness and test match rhythm. 6 years out of the game is no joke at the end of the day.

He hasn't swung it at all in overcast conditions.. he started off bowling too short.

Changed ends then was bowling at 77-78 occassionally..

Then after the break came back an induced one edge from Hales which yielded a wicket..

Nothing excpetional coz Joe Root scored a boundary of the next ball of his...

Whichever way you look at it he hasn't been great, calling him the best is really scraping the bottom of the barrel

agree re speed, but even Anderson didn't swing it much today...

A trend to watch.

Akmal and amir has insecure fan followers. Upon criticism, they become too defensive and retaliate with the only weapon they have. "why the commies say he's best?"

.... Because there's no other aspect where they can put forward an argument.

Rahat had a missed chance of Hales had Hafeez caught that, so Amir hasn't actually bowled better than Rahat to be honest..
Granted Amir hasn't set the world on fire, but anyone who says Rahat Ali has bowled better than anyone in this test match, let alone Pakistan's best pacer, is not thinking straight. Rahat's inept and wayward bowling is touching ridiculous levels now. He's been worse than Wahab Riaz, thats how awful this guy has bowled.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

He is not that bad, but he certainly has not met the expectations. He has the best economy but only 6 wickets so far in the tour.

In 2010 he was bowling fuller, faster and had much more swing, He clearly was better then.

I do understand that the Amir hype has been over the top, and some guys want him to fail so that they can settle their petty agendas against other posters. It is petty but that is the way internet forums work.

So, Amir is now struggling to perform even in England, which is the only place where he performed decently in the past, wow.

Why am I not surprised? :srini

Yup, he has a horrendous bowling record in tests outside England.

Amir has been by far the best pacer for us. Even today English had to give him due respect despite wanted to score quick.
He takes cooks edge for fun pretty much and makes hales look like a fool.
I hope he is not bowling himself to injury here.
He does need to find that swing though. To be fair to him Jimmy didn't swing it that much here 2 and both pitches have been fairly flat.
Another over reaction OP.
And in 2010 with asifree tying up an end it was easier to pitch it up and look for the swing and risk 4 runs but if he wasn't keep the runs down then cook would be flying even more than he has been. Cook has been scoring freaking run a ball with amir going at 3 an over

Yasir has been poor, but he single-handedly won Pakistan the first Test.

Even if he bowls poorly for the next 2 Tests while Amir maintains his current level, Yasir would still be recognized for bowling much better than Amir on this tour, unless Amir wins us a Test like Yasir did.

Amir has bowled decently, and certainly not up to the level he was hyped.

The problem with the hype train is that you and I know that we are going to see a 1-2 year patch of Amir finding his footing again. It is not simply a get into international groove, for him it is playing cricket itself. 5 years from a team and 5 years from the game are two different animals.

As I have discussed, we probably will never see what peak Amir would have been, but his now peak will not be seen for a little while. Not saying it will be some world class bowler either, but as of right now, anyone who is putting all stock in this performance is being unfair.

Unfortunately, a large demographic lauded that he will come back and be the worlds best, and now those noses up in the air are down in the dumps now beating on him. Why can we never see a middle ground...

He is not that bad, but he certainly has not met the expectations. He has the best economy but only 6 wickets so far in the tour.

In 2010 he was bowling fuller, faster and had much more swing, He clearly was better then.

I do understand that the Amir hype has been over the top, and some guys want him to fail so that they can settle their petty agendas against other posters. It is petty but that is the way internet forums work.

In 2010 the conditions in all the test matches were bowling friendly. We must have gotten dismissed below a 100 atleast 4-5 times on that tour.

He actually bowled well in England's first dig but considering the hype -"Better than Steyn" etc. his impact on the series has been very minimal. Folks are hyping based on the one exceptionally good stretch of 6 tests he had back in bowler friendly conditions in 2010. He's a good bowler who might become a very good bowler (avg 27) but he'll never in the Steyn/Wasim bracket.

So is Ropit Sharma, but it doesn't hide the fact that they are way below average outside their comfort-zone.

Your bias and jealousy as an indian is very apparent, this is Amir's comeback test series after 6 years abd that too abroad here in England which is always one of the toughest tours away. Waqar younis the former head coach did say before he left that Amir is not fully fit and at his best yet. Test cricket is very demanding and not to forget Amir has already had some catches dropped off his bowling this series. At the age of 18 years in 2010 he was man of series for his top bowling performances .

Think twice before you talk about comfort zones.

Junaid Khan, despite being rubbish in his recent matches, had a decent record on flat tracks, if he had been selected, he may have performed better than Amir.

Problem so far has been his length. Swing is still there but because of his length he is less threatening

A trend to watch.

Akmal and amir has insecure fan followers. Upon criticism, they become too defensive and retaliate with the only weapon they have. "why the commies say he's best?"

.... Because there's no other aspect where they can put forward an argument.

The criticism should be legitimate. Yes, his pace is down. Yes, he is tired.

But you can't honestly say Rahat has been better by miles. There is a reason why Misbah always goes to Amir first, out of all the pacers. Despite not threatening to run through sides (only a few people had such lofty expectations), he is the only one of the pacers who has been able to bowl a consistent line and give the batsmen something to think about.

But apparently the commentators are biased. He bowled a tight line, he beat the beat several times, there were quite a few edges, but no, the umpires only praised him because they are biased.

I don't like the witch-hunt, nor is the extravagant praise necessary. He has been average, or slightly above average over the course of the series so far.

Your bias and jealousy as an indian is very apparent, this is Amir's comeback test series after 6 years abd that too abroad here in England which is always one of the toughest tours away. Waqar younis the former head coach did say before he left that Amir is not fully fit and at his best yet. Test cricket is very demanding and not to forget Amir has already had some catches dropped off his bowling this series. At the age of 18 years in 2010 he was man of series for his top bowling performances .

Think twice before you talk about comfort zones.

Ofcourse, pointing out the glaring flaws in Pakistani players is always going to be bias and jealousy.

His stamina has been tested. 6 years out of the game is now taking toll. IN LOIs it is easy to bowl at pace when you are 30 overs in 7 days and 8 overs in 2 days (At an average we get 3 ODIs in a week and 2 T20s in 2 days in a series) but very taxing to bowl 20-25 overs in a day and a bit without rest. I dont think his body is ready for tests yet. And regarding his pace in this innings, what use is of wasting your breath when opposition is 400+ for zero wickets.

The issue with his length also stems from lack of stamina IMO, Bowling a tad fuller and trying few yorkers per spell seems to be a big ask for his body.

HAving said all this there is no way Rahat and Wahab have been better than him. Amir atleast has bowled a consistnt line, the two others have no clue about a thing called line and length.

So all in all he has been pretty average but I would wait till the series is over to decide where he stands.

I understand Amir is held to a different standard because of the hype.

I feel he's been good though in general. Not bad nor exemplary. Just good.

Anyone saying Rahat or Wahab (my God you have to be kidding) have been better are having a laugh.

Back