Which is the best CA bat?

ibtsambutt

Debutant
Runs
As salam o alaikum brothers, its just amazing to read the expert comments of you guys on bats...

I am planning to buy a cricket bat... so needed some help from you guys...

I am planing to buy CA Plus 12000 Limited edition (TRD)... but would want to ask that which one out of the below is the best:

1) CA Plus 12000 Limited Edition.
2) CA Plus 12000.
3) CA Plus 10000 Limited Edition.
4) CA Plus 10000.

My brother is in Pakistan and i intend to send him to CA Factory in Sialkot, Pakistan...

Looking forward to your replies....

Walakiumasalam Bhai,

How are you?

First of all, welcome to PP, I hope you have a great time here.

I think it is quite obvious that TRD leads the pack as it is top of the line bat, however, if you're on budget then you can buy one cheaper than TRD and if you're lucky enough then you can get a same bat as CA TRD in terms of quality.

A few days ago people had raised question(s) regarding CA and there grading system, here is the thread;

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=116757

(Please read all of the posts there).

I have seen and held all of them and TRD did feel the best BUT to be honest there isn't much of a difference between the ones you have listed above. I mean TRD and 10000 Limited Edition were quite similar and difference between them and others such as CA 12000 Plus and CA 10000 Plus was that they (TRD and !0K LE) had slightly bigger profile and were of better quality. But since your brother will be in Sailkot and they of course have the best variety so if he spends time and picks up really good bat then chances are you can get same quality bat with a lower price.

Bear with me if I didn't make sense was in a bit of rush

Hope it helps

Also bhai if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Walakiumasalam

That's better bhai :) in fact a lot better :)

Hmm not too sure but the Custom I have seen and picked looked poor and TRD looks and feels MUCH better than them.

Found Custom very bottom heavy and pickup was poor!

My experince is buy a good balance bat which feel good in ur hands. Bat should have straight grains and clean sarface. I had a monty bat with 5 grains. It was best bat i had with ALOT of ping.

Another good bat i had cost me 1500 it was MB classic. So dont go for brand etc just buy a bat which feels good in hand and have ping which is defualt to find

thank you

thank you everyone for replying... especially Mr. Cover Drive...

Since i am new on Pak Passion, please tell your name Mr. Cover Drive...

Should i ask my brother to check the no of grains on 12000 l.e. before purchasing it?

Just for info, what is a laminated bat? I heard CA Plus 9000 is a laminated bat... Is it good?

It's when you stick two pieces of wood together to make a really thick bat.

Hope this helps. :)

I've never tried it myself because it's mostly the pro's that do it in the nets to make there match bat seem a lot lighter.

That's what I've heard anyway.

Bhai, its Uzair!

Since your brother will be going to CA Factory in Sailkot at Daska Road so I'm sure he'll not get a fake bat. However, if you want a bat that will last you very long then tell him to buy a bat which has a clean face (no blemishes at all!) and has 8-11 straight grains. Also tell him to feel the bat and choose the one that feels good in his hand. If you like then if its possible then get a semi-oval or oval handle bat if you prefer ovel/semi oval over round.

I've never tried it myself because it's mostly the pro's that do it in the nets to make there match bat seem a lot lighter.

That's what I've heard anyway.

ICC have banned the laminated bats as it increase the performance of the bat so it is illegal to use a laminated bat at international arena, however, GM people say Shane Watson currently uses laminated bat...

From people who I have spoken to they say there is not a big difference in performance so I would say why would you cheat if there is no difference in performance ?

Uzair Bhai,

I called up CA factory today and got the following rates:

1) Batting Gloves:
A) PLUS 12000 - 1500
B) PLUS 10000 - 1200
C) PLUS - 1000

2) Leg Guards:
A) PLUS 12000 - 2200
B) PLUS 10000 - 2600
C) CA PLUS - 1600

3) Kit Bags:
A) PLUS 12000 - 3500
B) PLUS 10000 - 2800
C) CA PLUS - 2500

4) Cricket Bats:

A) PLUS 12000 LIMITED EDITION - 21000
B) PLUS 12000 - 16000
C) PLUS CUSTOM - 21000

All prices are in PKR... i will follow your tips and get the 12000 l.e.

Wow! I got my CA 12000 Plus in 2010 September/December and I paid Rs. 14300 and ironically price increased, I was told after EU ban it increased by Rs. 1000.

By the way, thanks a lot for the prices yaar, I appreciate it :)

Good work with the prices ibtsambutt.

CD, would u like to udpate the equipement prices thread?

Uzair Bhai, i know it will deviate from the topic but since i am willing to pay pkr 20,000 for a bat, which top end bat would you suggest...

will it be CA plus 12000 trd, Ihsan inferno 950, mb buber sher l.e., AS V10 or Boom Boom five star (the one which Afridi uses)...

i want a bat which has teriffic performance and would make everybody envy me :)

Was the EU ban on CA???

No no not on CA. Long story short, when JS Wright or other cleft sellers sell there clefts and send abroad they spray a chemical so EU has banned use of that chemical. Without that chemical companies in Asia don't buy the clefts as that chemical keeps the cleft in proper touch etc.

So this was the story hope it made sense.

Uzair Bhai, i know it will deviate from the topic but since i am willing to pay pkr 20,000 for a bat, which top end bat would you suggest...

will it be CA plus 12000 trd, Ihsan inferno 950, mb buber sher l.e., AS V10 or Boom Boom five star (the one which Afridi uses)...

i want a bat which has teriffic performance and would make everybody envy me :)

Arre nahi no worries bhai ask whatever you wish to :)

With that budget the best Pakistani bat Pakistani Rupees can buy you is CA 12000 Plus TRD LE. I have seen many of these pieces and each and every I have seen has been better than the previous one.

Boom Boom and Ihsan Inferno 950 both are pretty much the same but I don't think they are competitors of TRD LE same goes for V3.

Uzair Bhai thank you very much... Once i get that, i will post the pictures.

I am currently using CA Plus 5000 and its a terrible bat... i mean, i am not satisfied with it at all. Its sweet spot is limited, i guess the piece i got might by a faulty one. Can you tell me how to get that bat going? i have tried knocking by hammering and have played in nets too, but i dont know why, it just doesn't feel right.

Uzair Bhai, since you are the encyclopedia of cricket equipments, how do you think CA Plus 12000 l.e. compares with the top end bats of GM, GN, Newbery, Reebok, Adidas, Kookabura, SS and BAS.

How Pakistani bats fare in comparison with English, Australian and Indian bats??? At one time i know that Pakistani bats were the best in the world but what about their reputation now???

the best bat would be the one that performs best. Since wood is a natural material, no one can guarantee how it will perform but it is supposed that higher models would perform better.

the best bat would be the one that performs best. Since wood is a natural material, no one can guarantee how it will perform but it is supposed that higher models would perform better.

100 % correct some time very expensive bats not so much good and some time cheap bats have good performance.

Uzair Bhai thank you very much... Once i get that, i will post the pictures.

I am currently using CA Plus 5000 and its a terrible bat... i mean, i am not satisfied with it at all. Its sweet spot is limited, i guess the piece i got might by a faulty one. Can you tell me how to get that bat going? i have tried knocking by hammering and have played in nets too, but i dont know why, it just doesn't feel right.

No worries yaar!

What are you saying its faulty? Can you post pictures of it so all of us can see it ?

Also what type of pitches do you play on ?

Uzair Bhai, since you are the encyclopedia of cricket equipments, how do you think CA Plus 12000 l.e. compares with the top end bats of GM, GN, Newbery, Reebok, Adidas, Kookabura, SS and BAS.

How Pakistani bats fare in comparison with English, Australian and Indian bats??? At one time i know that Pakistani bats were the best in the world but what about their reputation now???

Nowdays a lot of people (including me first of all) says that Pakistani bats are not good anymore compare to Indian or English bats. However, as time goes I seem to disagree with this fact.

The problem with Pakistani bats which make them stand a bit far from others is that some Pakistani bats have poor handle which result a breakage very quickly, however, some say the pressing on Pakistani bat toes is not good but so far I have found them good.

Kookaburra, Gray Nicolls and Adidas get there bats made in India. However, some of Gray Nicolls top ends bat are made in England and some are made in India. Kookaburra bats are 100% made in India and same goes with Adidas.

In my opinion, the price tag top of the line Kookaburra along Adidas bat has is not justified because I'd never pay that much for a Indian made bat because they are not worth that much in my opinion. Since SG makes there bats I can get close to two top of the line SG bats in that price of one top of the line Kookaburra. Again this doesn't mean they are not good bats, they are very good and indeed perform well as well.

I don't think Reebok make bats.

Personally I hate SS bats as I don't get along there bats shape and found them terrible.

BAS are good and I have seen a lot of them, they play well as well. To me they looked like CA but with better handle feel etc.

Gunn and Moore, makes impressive bats and I have seen there top of the line bats and trust me they perform exceptionally well.

Newbery bats are impressive and I'm not saying this because I have one but there bats are really good. There finishing and pressing is the best in the world if not then the best.

So my pick would be that it would be unfair to compare CA 12000 Plus LE TRD with Newbery and somewhat with GM but they are not that bad and they do stand out among Kookaburra, SS etc.

If Pakistani bats improve there handle quality and finishing then they can one of the top in the world.

Pakistani bats still are best bats for its value.

Spot on Armie Bhai, you have nailed it!

Uzair Bhai, bat manufacturers produce bats with different weights, but how do they exactly do that?

Does it mean that heavier bats have more wood in them lighter bats??? e.g. how do bat manufacturers produce bats with weight 2.8lbs and 2.12lbs... CA Plus 12000 TRD ranges from 2.7lbs to 2.12lbs... so does it means that 2.7lbs trd with have more wood that 2.12lbs trd?

Are heavier bats good to play on cement wickets or lighter bats???

Is it the case that lighter bats break earlier than heavier bats?

The heavier it is, the more wood it will have.

Sometimes light weight are as big as heavier bats and this could be because of two reasons, one low density cleft is used or second the cleft has been over dried to achieve this.

You're buy TRD for cemented pitches?!?!:O:O

These cemented pitches ruin the bat in flash, plus the ball used on cemented pitches are deadly!

Hope it made sense..

Low density cleft is the cleft which is naturally lighter and is bigger.

Over dried, cleft is the one which has been over dried in the drying process.

Hope this make sense

i use light weight bats but are heavy bats better on cements wickets than lighter ones??

we get to play on cement wickets only in UAE

For cemented pitches I would never recommend you a Rs. 21,000 bat.

Someone told me that in Pakistan there are bats which are made for cemented pitches so I would say go for them and they will be hard pressed and are cheap as well.

With heavier bat you'll be damaging your game.

:113: This is true but not many here are aware of this. After having used nearly all CA plus series, gold series and few lower grade bats. CA PLUS 10K, CA plus 8k and CA plus 5k are BEST performing bats and offer best value for there price.

Uzair bhai mentioned very well about the handle of PAK bats. Certainly the major flaw.

Indian bats are definitely better. And strange to hear that kookaboora bats are made in India. I thought they have their own factory.

Kookaburra do have there factory but there bats are made in India.

Ironically I saw a broken SS handle in one of my teammates bag yesterday :))

Uzair Bhai, in one of the ashes test match i heard Michael Slater saying that the GN Bat Straus was using was made in Australia because English made GN dont have such big edges... Is it correct?

You have said that GN are also made in India.

Hmmm I don't agree with him. A bat maker of Gray Nicolls England was telling us that Strauss use English made bats as he is England's player who get bats from England.

But there could be very slim chances of him using Australian GN bat.

Yes, GN bats are made in England, India and Australia.

Back