Who is Ehsan Mani?

Wazeeri

Test Debutant
Runs
I will leave the other thread for the congratulations and the naf'l prayers. This thread is to discuss the pros and cons of appointing Mr Mani.

Below is a compiled list of attributes which makes Mr Mani the best man for the job.

Ehsan Mani CV

Selfless service to Pakistan
Regularly represented PCB at the ICC from 1989

Supported Pakistan in their legal case against the ICC on losing hosting rights

Supported PCB recently in their bid to sell media rights.

Advised Pakistan to surrender hosting rights to Champions Trophy leading to Pak getting hosting fees without the hassle of actual hosting.

Did most of the above FREE OF COST.

Reputation with the ICC

Made President as it was Pakistan's turn.

However he was so good that the ICC changed their constitution and made him President for an additional 12 months. No one before had been a president for 3 years.

Advised Chairman of ICC, Served on official advisory committee.

Skill set which will be useful for Pakistan

President of ICC 2003-6, therefore knows how to run a big sports organisation.

Served on the Rules Review committee [responsible for some terrible changes] therefore has a decent understanding of the game.

Served on Governance and Organisation committee, perfect man to give PCB a constitution.

Chairman of marketing and finance committee, perfect man to help an organisation which has lost 2/3rds of it's revenue.

Played key role in sale of media rights for the ICC resulting in half a billion in revenue. Pakistan needs a revenue injection.

Can improve relations with other boards
Has helped the cricket boards of Sri Lanka, West Indies and South Africa. Most of the times free of charge.

Helped the West Indies get hosting rights for the world cup, at one point the other boards were not even happy with West Indies tendering for a world cup.

Doesn't get bullied

Was openly critical of India when they didn't support Pakistan's hosting rights for the World Cup.

Met Ranjan Dasmunshi (Indian minister) to try and stop India from introducing unfair broadcasting regulations which would have hurt every cricket board in the world.

Took on Lalit Modi openly when the latter suggested that India would stop particpating in the Champions Trophy.

Aided Pakistan in getting $1.6m in fees 10 years overdue from India for the WC1996.

Made a fool out of Wasim Akram when the latter claimed the ICC was being run by white people, This was when Mani was the President.

Moved 2004 Champions Trophy to England after India failed to clarify whether they would be charging 40% tax on revenues.

Worldly view so less likely to steal money from the till
Serves on various Charity committees.

Among a group of men who collectively are the brightest, most talented and best looking on the planet
Chartered Accountant

Has he been apppointed as PCB Chairman? I can't find it anywhere on internet?

His appointment should be a no-brainer, I don't know why the names of a tufail shaikh and pir aftab are evn being considered :S

No, but should be.
We still have another week before we find out for sure.

hes an obvious choice....and thats the troubling part when it comes to Pakistan Politics...

His appointment should be a no-brainer, I don't know why the names of a tufail shaikh and pir aftab are evn being considered :S

Don't tell me? Pir Aftab Jillani as PCB head ? :inzi

Pir Jillani is the ex-sports minister (or maybe current). He would be a disaster.

Or maybe as he is a Pir he could see disasters coming and could be a god send.

Tufail shaikh rings a bell but I don't know who he is.

Pakistan sport ministry is used as a post to please your friends and that’s how people like Pir Jilani become sports minister. It won’t be long that Jamshed Dasti would claim that he can be PCB chairman as well. As long as president is patron of PCB I don’t see any change coming any time soon. Expect Pir Jilani or any other faithful (jayala).

Govt decides to sack Chairman PCB

ISLAMABAD: The government decided to sack Chairman Pakistan Cricket Board, Ijaz Butt from his post, private TV Channels reported. According to details, the decision was taken in a meeting between President Asif Ali Zardari and Defence Minister, Ahmed Mukhtar. It was reported that names of Ahsan Mani, Tufail Shaikh and Pir Aftab Shah Jilani are under consideration for the PCB chairmanship.—RT Monitoring Desk

http://regionaltimes.com/05oct2010/frontpagenews/govt.htm

I know the source is not reliable at all but I really can expect President meeting Defense Minister Ahmed Mukhtar (of all people) to discuss the sacking of PCB chairman.

Peer Sahib could be the next head.I hope against the hope it does not happen.

its going to be a PPP khas. When was the last time PPP appointed anyone one merit.

well I surely believe out of all other running for the post , his CV speaks the most good things ... well though I am not sure if he will be offered this position or not ... well lets hope that ppp can do one thing right ... .by getting him to this position .... I think pakistani cricket cant go lower than this .. .but we have to get the man for the job .. who could fix the board

its going to be a PPP khas. When was the last time PPP appointed anyone one merit.

In dictatorships you get best people. In democracy you will get this because party has to keep everybody happy because of next elections.

PCB should be doing everything possible to get this man the job.

In dictatorships you get best people. In democracy you will get this because party has to keep everybody happy because of next elections.

Hmm, Appointments made by the dictator iButt in PCB are a prime example of this.

Last edited:
Desire said:
Is that why the last of our dictators was in bed with the Chaudhrys, MQM, MMA and then PPP towards the end along with making a record number of Brigs into Generals?

Oh and btw whose class fellow was DNA?

Last edited:
I really hope its Ehsan MAni - but my expectation of Zardari the idiot is that it will be Pir sahab (a chamcha replacing a chamca)

ehsani mani's name has been put forward only to tease pakistani fans and give false hope. The other two are actually the real candidates. Forget Mani, I don't think Govt will consider him.........

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rHJsFexv5bE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rHJsFexv5bE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ehsani mani's name has been put forward only to tease pakistani fans and give false hope. The other two are actually the real candidates. Forget Mani, I don't think Govt will consider him.........

Right said.

Pir Sahab is very keen on this and he would get it for sure. This road to destruction would continue.:ibutt

People on here have maintained that he is the best man for the job, and with good reason too, but very rarely in Pakistan do we see people appointed on merit. Will just have to hope and pray.

Among a group of men who collectively are the brightest, most talented and best looking on the planet
Chartered Accountant

Beancounters!! Really? Given that my Dad was one, I have to let that pass, but try telling that to anyone else on the floor and......:asif

we dont need someone special
we just need someone who is not a idiot; sets a clear 5-10 year vision & strategy for test & limited overs team. surely thats not too much to ask of a head?

we dont need someone special
we just need someone who is not a idiot; sets a clear 5-10 year vision & strategy for test & limited overs team. surely thats not too much to ask of a head?

Pir Sahab can’t do this for sure.

Beancounters!! Really? Given that my Dad was one, I have to let that pass, but try telling that to anyone else on the floor and......
Chartered Accountants are collectively the best looking people in the world. FACT.

Thanks for the info on Ehsan Mani - hardly knew who he was and reading the first post and looking at PP'ers positive comments I'd certainly give my vote for him to become the chairman of PCB, exactly what we need.. in time for the world-cup!

Is Ehsan being discussed because he has publically been suggested as Ejaz's replacement or is this just who everyone wants as replacement?...

Pir Jilani will break all of the Butts records if given chance.

Chartered Accountants are collectively the best looking people in the world. FACT.

No way. Refer to an episode of How I Met Your Mother. Barney's thesis on this topic is the best I have come across ever! Thorough and accurate, and no mention of Chartered Accountants.

He doesn't mention bankers either...and looking around the floor just now, I kinda know why. Sausage fest.

he would be a great choice for PCB.

let us see if it happens

Forget Mani Peer Sahib will be the new one.
You think so Zardari will do some sensible appointing? now way

I don't see him coming. Because that would be Zardari doing something good for the naton, and we all know that's just not his style. So expect another chamcha of his to take over.

I think we all should know from experience that common sense decisions are not common with Pakistan.

Mani should be an easy choice and the only hurdle should be his acceptance.

Instead, there are actually two incompetent possibilities alongside his name. Only in Pakistan. :facepalm:

Easily the best choice....an absolute no brainer.

Should go hell for leather to get this man as chairman.

Only he can be trusted to sort out the mess of Pakistan cricket.

Which is why it will be Pir Sahib.

Yaar Wazeeri I thought he'd actually been appointed going by your OP.

he could even become the next president of the country and do a better job than those in office.

Pir Jillani is the ex-sports minister (or maybe current). He would be a disaster.

Or maybe as he is a Pir he could see disasters coming and could be a god send.

Tufail shaikh rings a bell but I don't know who he is.

HE is a a businessman, and a friend of zardari

this is what people get for voting PPP...no meritocracy. And Sarfraz Nawaz should take his foul comments and shove them back down his throat. complete idiot and conspiracy theorist lunatic. Mr Mani seems ideal for the PCB post but that's why I doubt he'll get it

Back