Who is the best captain in PSL 9?

Who is the best captain in PSL 9?

• Shan Masood (Karachi Kings)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shaheen Shah Afridi (Lahore Qalandars)

• Shadab Khan (Islamabad United)

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
who is the best captain so far in this year's PSL. I would like to go with Mohammad Rizwan here.

Please vote who is the best one according to you and share your thoughts about it.

So far Riz leading the field for

1. Tactics
2. Team management
3. Results!

My criteria for best captain is based on three factors: squad strength, results and my own observations. Although I have to add that the quality of captaincy has declined significantly this season with no Sarfraz or Imad at the helm

1. Rossow
2. Babar
3. Shan
4. Shadab
5. Rizwan
6. Shaheen

My criteria for best captain is based on three factors: squad strength, results and my own observations. Although I have to add that the quality of captaincy has declined significantly this season with no Sarfraz or Imad at the helm

1. Rossow
2. Babar
3. Shan
4. Shadab
5. Rizwan
6. Shaheen

It would be good if you can give examples.

Rizwan is performing exceptionally well with his street smart decisions on the field. Most importantly he is not showing any bossy attitude towards his teammates which is giving them extra confidence.

1. Rossow
2. Babar
3. Shan
4. Shadab
5. Rizwan
6. Shaheen
Why Shan on 3rd? he has the pathetic show in this year's PSL.

Has to be this guy and you can see why

Leading his team to be the first one to reach play offs of PSL 9

agc236l.png

I am impressed with how Babar led his team in this PSL. I can see a 360-degree change in his leadership since his resignation from the national team. His decisions are spot on and he is making bold and good decisions more frequently now. Lets see how far he bring his team in this season.

@Rana your thoughts man.

Bazid Khan on captaincy of Mohammad Rizwan:

"Very good analytics wise. This captain, Mohammad Rizwan is very good on the field and has a feel for the game. Today he was playing with two wrist spinners but he gone to Khusdil(for wicket). The field from Rizwan was too good for a left-arm finger spinner rather than a wrist spinner and he also got the wicket of Malik for it"

View attachment ssstwitter.com_1709533031065.mp4

1. Rossow
2. Babar
3. Shan
4. Shadab
5. Rizwan
6. Shaheen
Yes it has been a real decline without the two worst performing captains last year.

Rizzu doing good in psl so far.

But I don't rate psl as a metric.

@Rana your thoughts man.

Bazid Khan on captaincy of Mohammad Rizwan:

"Very good analytics wise. This captain, Mohammad Rizwan is very good on the field and has a feel for the game. Today he was playing with two wrist spinners but he gone to Khusdil(for wicket). The field from Rizwan was too good for a left-arm finger spinner rather than a wrist spinner and he also got the wicket of Malik for it"

View attachment 142515
Yes he is a good man manager. He’s done surprisingly well with the players he’s had. He’s also made sure that he makes the most out of the 5 match home game advantage his side gets every season.

Do I think he should captain for Pakistan? I am not closed to the idea. However,

-I would like to here his proposed set of players
-I would like to see what kind of starting XI he is going with in batting order.
-I would like to know what exactly or where exactly does he see himself in that batting order and what strategy is be banking on.

I’ve asked this question many times here to his fans. They all seem to run away from it knowing that Rizwan will not be any different to Babar.

Rizwan stands out because he's winning games.

The main concern with him has to do with his antics and he's not smart with the press. He's given bizarre statements about his batting spot and teammates over the years and that stuff becomes a major issue when the team is losing.

This type of captain will never last and will alienate members of the team.

But this thread is all about the best captain in PSL. SO PSL has to be the metric here if you wanna say something.
Riz has outshined everybody else TBH.
I've already said he's the best captain in psl, I don't disagree.

It's just the reason I don't rate psl as a metric is primarily because unlike international that features the best players and difficult pitches, psl, ipl or any league features alot of 2nd and 3rd string players alongside 1st string and pitches are deliberately made to be batting friendly because franchise has money in it and fans want to see some sixes and entertainment.

In terms of captaincy, every year it changes, at one point sarfraz was the best captain in psl for quetta and now he's washed up, one or 2 years back it was shaheen who was the best and his t20 captaincy stint hasn't been the best. Rizzu in this psl is the best.

Psl isn't consistent, as sheddy is a psl star. Rizzu is best this year and next year it may change and the year after that.

It's not like any psl captain has ever been a MS Dhoni or pointing showcasing consistent captaincy over the years.

But yes this year rizzu is the best. Hopefully he continues and becomes consistent like the other 2.

I've already said he's the best captain in psl, I don't disagree.

It's just the reason I don't rate psl as a metric is primarily because unlike international that features the best players and difficult pitches, psl, ipl or any league features alot of 2nd and 3rd string players alongside 1st string and pitches are deliberately made to be batting friendly because franchise has money in it and fans want to see some sixes and entertainment.

In terms of captaincy, every year it changes, at one point sarfraz was the best captain in psl for quetta and now he's washed up, one or 2 years back it was shaheen who was the best and his t20 captaincy stint hasn't been the best. Rizzu in this psl is the best.

Psl isn't consistent, as sheddy is a psl star. Rizzu is best this year and next year it may change and the year after that.

It's not like any psl captain has ever been a MS Dhoni or pointing showcasing consistent captaincy over the years.

But yes this year rizzu is the best. Hopefully he continues and becomes consistent like the other 2.
This thread is just about PSL 9 captain. You will find him at the top again this season. Sarfaraz may have been a good captain for Quetta but he himself was below par as a batter.

This thread is just about PSL 9 captain. You will find him at the top again this season. Sarfaraz may have been a good captain for Quetta but he himself was below par as a batter.
Brother I never said anything about sarfraz's batting. Nor did I ever mention batting specifically, nor did I imply anything.

All I said was rizzu has been the best psl captain. BUT, psl isn't a good metric. This thread being about psl 9, doesn't change the fact that psl itself has never been a good metric.

Rizwan is a good player, and he's been a good captain this psl. No doubt.

But psl isn't a metric, when all our players just get exposed against any top string side in test or in cups. KEY WORD: all our players including rizwan, not just rizwan himself. Albeit rizzu and babar get less exposed then someone like shadab or nawaz.

Brother I never said anything about sarfraz's batting. Nor did I ever mention batting specifically, nor did I imply anything.

All I said was rizzu has been the best psl captain. BUT, psl isn't a good metric. This thread being about psl 9, doesn't change the fact that psl itself has never been a good metric.

Rizwan is a good player, and he's been a good captain this psl. No doubt.

But psl isn't a metric, when all our players just get exposed against any top string side in test or in cups. KEY WORD: all our players including rizwan, not just rizwan himself. Albeit rizzu and babar get less exposed then someone like shadab or nawaz.
You are right. These guys do wonders in franchises but fail to repeat the same at the internationals. This is something we have seen many times in the past and will continue to see this pattern until they change their approach.

Rizwan although the bar is very low. Being the best PSL captain is like being the nicest guy in prison. It don't mean much.

Very poor captaincy from Rilee Rossouw today, should have not let Hasnain complete his spell.

Babar.

Zalmi has the weakest bowling unit but the way he has managed his resources has been exceptional.

Opening the bowling with Saim has proved to be a very effective strategy. If Saim was playing for a team led by Imad, Masood or Rizwan, we wouldn’t be hearing the end of it.

Babar has in a class of his own this edition. The best batsman and captain by a mile. He seems determined to take Zalmi all the way - let’s hope his teammates don’t let him down in the crunch games.

Last edited by a moderator:
edge to edge competition between Rizwan and Babar both are leading their sides quite effectively

I am afraid, Shan Masood is NOT the best captain in PSL 9!

What the heck is happening here? What's the point of playing Minhas?

SSA has been awful in his decision making. Maybe it's his lack of own form that is forcing him to make bizarre decisions but he has looked a bit thick. Babar and Riz have done well but they have Babar and Riz as batsman and that also makes a difference

not sure about the best one but i can tell u that Shaheen and Shan are among the worst captains of this year's PSL.

Rizwan and Babar are among the best in this PSL because both are performing with the bat as well.

Babar without a doubt.

The way he managed his weak bowling resources was exceptional. No other captain would have taken Zalmi this far because they had the weakest bowling by far.

Imagine rubbish captains like Imad and Masood leading Zalmi this season - they would be finishing bottom.

Saim opening the bowling was the surprise factor of the tournament and showed the innovative qualities and tactical acumen that Babar has instilled in his leadership.

Babar without a doubt.

The way he managed his weak bowling resources was exceptional. No other captain would have taken Zalmi this far because they had the weakest bowling by far.

Imagine rubbish captains like Imad and Masood leading Zalmi this season - they would be finishing bottom.

Saim opening the bowling was the surprise factor of the tournament and showed the innovative qualities and tactical acumen that Babar has instilled in his leadership.
Rizwan has been better, although the resources Babar had were far worse.

On current evidence, Babar does lose it when put under pressure while Rizwan has been very good under pressure.

Rizwan should definitely be our T20 captain going into the World Cup, Shaheen pales in comparison to both Rizwan and Babar as a captain.

Babar without a doubt.

Yes babar has improved his captaincy alot, feeling bad for him the way his team got eliminated yesterday.

Back