Who should replace Misbah-ul-Haq in the 2nd Test against New Zealand?

Who should replace Misbah-ul-Haq in the 2nd Test against New Zealand?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
With Misbah missing out on the 2nd Test match in Hamilton due to the death of his father-in-law, who do you think should replace him in the starting line-up for Pakistan?

Put Sharjeel in to make the let's score 20 in 5 ball brigade

Rizwan is an awful player.

Sharjeel is the only choice and adds some much needed intent.

Whether it be Rizwan or Sharjeel, they have to bat at number 6.

Sharjeel is an opener, but definitely won't survive in these conditions against the new ball and would be much more likely to score down the order, which would be handy and more than useful runs.

Sharjeel Khan replaces Sami, YK at 3, Shafiq at 4, Babar at 5, Rizwan at 6, Sarfraz at 7, Sohail at 8, Wahab at 9, Amir at 10, Rahat at 11.

Yasir and Misbah miss out. Rahat makes it due to his performance in the first innings.

Rizwan is an awful player.

Sharjeel is the only choice and adds some much needed intent.

Yes, Pakistan needs a batsman who can play pull and cut, none of these guys can do that except Sharjeel.

There is no point of 20 in 170 balls. They don't have any game plan of scoring runs. You leave seaming new ball, well that's ok. But leaving back of the length, short length, every fricking one of them, then at what length you are going to score?? - Never going to play pull and cut, drive you cannot in thee conditions, what shirt is left?? 👺👺👺

This is shambolic, we don't even have a middle order batsman to replace Misbah, this has been a very poorly planned series, first no practice matches, and then no middle order batsman besides Rizwan to replace Misbah,

We might as well gift this series to NZ in a plate..

I feel for our bowlers, who did so well in that one innings, but have not been backed by our batsmen..

This has to goto the head of the selectors like Inzamam.. who have refused to acknowledge need for a batsman, and persist with Nawaz in the lineup or someone like Sharjeel who has had no test match experience even in the UAE

This is shambolic, we don't even have a middle order batsman to replace Misbah, this has been a very poorly planned series, first no practice matches, and then no middle order batsman besides Rizwan to replace Misbah,

We might as well gift this series to NZ in a plate..

I feel for our bowlers, who did so well in that one innings, but have not been backed by our batsmen..

This has to goto the head of the selectors like Inzamam.. who have refused to acknowledge need for a batsman, and persist with Nawaz in the lineup or someone like Sharjeel who has had no test match experience even in the UAE

Its a shame we are stuck with some 40 plus players for long and never planned for their replacement. Even now with two defeats in two test ( WI and NZL) and with 9 failure in 10 overseas inning, Younis Khan will get yet another chance.

Sami
Sharjeel
Azhar
Yk
Babar
Asad
Sarfaraz
Amir
Sohail
Wahab
Rahat

Can't see Rizwan being given a chance, it has to be Sharjeel.. albeit I would be surprised if he survives one over of Southee, he is a prime LBW candidate because of the inswing..

However cricket is a game of chance

I'd personally take Rizwan but I wouldn't mind Sharjeel as long as he plays at 6, give Shafiq a chance at 5.

From the current squad I would like to see Sharjeel, however, I think it will be Rizwan

Sharjeel clear leader at the moment.

Perhaps put him in to open and move Azhar Ali to 3.

My gutt says if Sharjeel plays he'll score 49 off 58 and that'll impress a few fans but he's never a long term answer. I know too little to comment about rizwan. Maybe Haris would've made it if he were fit. Shocking how no one seems to be able to take misbah's spot. He won't play forever

Rizwan.

Line-up is already becoming unsettled as it is. Last thing we wanna do is unsettle our finally settled openers.

Sami
Azhar
Babar
Shafiq
Younis
Rizwan
Sarfraz
Amir
Sohail
Wahab
Rahat/Yasir

Rizwan.

Line-up is already becoming unsettled as it is. Last thing we wanna do is unsettle our finally settled openers.

Sami
Azhar
Babar
Shafiq
Younis
Rizwan
Sarfraz
Amir
Sohail
Wahab
Rahat/Yasir

Sharjeel can play at 6 or 7 though. It's not like NZ are playing any spinners.

Sharjeel is the only logical option as Rizwan is there to visit only or to just replace Sarfraz if he is not available.
while Nawaz was unable to put an impression even in home conditions in Test matches.

Sharjeel clear leader at the moment.

Perhaps put him in to open and move Azhar Ali to 3.

Sharjeels aggresiveness may get us off to a flyer but he could also be a walking wicket in these conditions cant believe the back up batting options for this tour have been so poor.

dont think anyone from this squad can replace him. Perhaps they should send a replacement guy in Hafeez or maqsood...

Id have to go with Rizwan. I dont think it would be fair on him if Sharjeel is given a place ahead of him. The guy has been warming the bench for quite sometime. Sharjeel's only advantage over Rizwan would be his high strike rate. And I dont think its too big a point since Rizwan's SR isnt half bad.
Also, Rizwan's major shortfall is playing against spin and that shouldnt be a factor in NZ
And lastly, he is an excellent fielder so he gains something like 15-20 runs over Sharjeel purely because of that

Condolences to Misbah. Inna lillahi wa inallah-e-raji'oon.

Secondly, Riz is the way to go. Keep Sharjeel for Australia. Debut Riz at 6, move Asad to 4, Younis at 5.

Also maybe play Wab? Not sure..

It's tempting to ditch Yasir for the next game, but really not sure. You could play Nawaz at 6 for the extra bowling option yet still have a decent batsman against pace. Yeah he struggled vs spin, but for anyone who has watched him for some time knows he is much better vs pace than spin, so it might work.

Definitely the safest of all moves.. I think playing Nawaz and then Wahab over Yasir may work.

People have a very low opinion of Nawaz the batsman, but he is better than what he has shown so far.

Just don't expect him to rebuild after 70/5 to 270/5 :rahat

1) Sami
2) Azhar
3) Babar
4) Asad
5) Youn
6) Nawaz
7) Sarfraz +
8) Sohail
9) Wahab
10) Amir
11) Rahat

Think Yasir will be a non-factor again if this is a green pitch, in which case better to go for Nawzy.

NZ will play Santner as well, who is a rich man's Nawzy atm, but iA Santner will become a homeless man's Nawzy.

Last edited:
dont think anyone from this squad can replace him. Perhaps they should send a replacement guy in Hafeez or maqsood...

Hafeez? why would we want to send a gift wrapped walking wicket all the way to new zealand :facepalm:

I would put Sharjeel to open and Azhar at 3 . .

My take is that Sharjeel has been selected due to his backfoot play . . Pull and cut . . However, from what I saw in England he is a compulsive puller/hooker of the ball . . The issue is that in test matches and especially in Australia they will put 3 on the leg side . . 2 behind square and 1 in front and keep peppering him . . In England, Mark Wood bowled him short and he hit 3 fours . . next over, they put one more fielder, and Woakes bowled short and he pulled it straight to Hales . . Even though he dropped the catch . .

so for him to be successful at test level, he will have to show some restraint and relaly pick out areas he can be most productive at . . and also pick the length he can smash and length he needs to leave . .

Having said that, I really wish he succeeds. Because having someone like a Sharjeel is a huge asset to a test team . . Case in point: Warner these days and Sehwag previously.

Sharjeel as opener with Azhar at #3.

It's the best step with our resources.

Since there is no option Rizwan has to be playec.

Sarfaraz should move to number 4. Younis should drop to number 7.

If Sharjeel is selected then make sure you play him all tests in Australia as well

Not true... He is one of the best test batsman still in Pakistan... Bad patches come and go

Hes a decent batsmen in UAE and Asian conditions. Hes a walking wicket elsewhere and its time to move on from picking such useless players.

Back