Who will win the Premier League 2023/24 title (Top 5 finishes also)?

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Runs
Post of the Week
So Man city won the title (3-peat) as part of a Treble, after Arsenal bottled the Title with 9 games to go.

So will Man city win a 4th PL title on spin? Liverpool have rebuilt their midfield but look shaky at the back will they win the title? Man united have bought well this summer under Ten Haag will they win the title? Can Arsenal stop falling apart at pressure end of season and won Title. Any dark horse outsiders?

Predictions for title winners and the Top 5. (All predictions have to be in before the 1st game of the season. No change in predictions allowed at any point after season starts)

Simply name

Champions
2nd
3rd
4th
5th

⚽🥅

Champions - Man City
2nd Arsenal
3rd Man Utd
4th Chelsea
5th Liverpool

Champions: Man City. As long as Pep is there, I can’t see any other team winning the league.
Second: Arsenal
Third: Man United
Fourth: Liverpool
Fifth: Newcastle

City have made a lot of changes in key areas. Sure they still have an elite squad but losing Mahrez and if they lose Walker & Silva those will be hard to replace.

My prediction.

1. LFC
2. City
3. Utd
4. Arsenal
5. Newcastle
6. Villa

1 City
2 Man Utd
3 Liverpool
4 Arsenal
5 Chelsea
6 Newcastle
7 Spurs

So Man city won the title (3-peat) as part of a Treble, after Arsenal bottled the Title with 9 games to go.

So will Man city win a 4th PL title on spin? Liverpool have rebuilt their midfield but look shaky at the back will they win the title? Man united have bought well this summer under Ten Haag will they win the title? Can Arsenal stop falling apart at pressure end of season and won Title. Any dark horse outsiders?

Predictions for title winners and the Top 5. (All predictions have to be in before the 1st game of the season. No change in predictions allowed at any point after season starts)

Simply name

Champions
2nd
3rd
4th
5th

⚽🥅

Arsenal
Liverpool
Man City
Man Utd
Newcastle

Maybe unlikely deep down but got to support my team.

I have no plans to watch football regularly or at all, and I haven't followed much of this summer transfer window, but here is my prediction...

1. Manchester United
2. Arsenal
3. Manchester City
4. Liverpool
5. Newcastle United

1 man city
2 Liverpool
3 man utd
4 Arsenal
5 Newcastle
6 Aston villa

1. Man City
2. Arsenal
3. Man Utd
4. Liverpool
5. Brighton
6. Newcastle
7. Chelsea

Don't write off Brighton. They could finish top 4 if Kudus starts with a bang and if Mitoma can repeat his last season's performance

I don't think any team should be written off but the league in that section is very competitive

I've not listed them in my top 6 but I wouldn't be surprised to see Villa, Brighton or Spurs do well

Seems like we are in a situation where we effectively have two leagues within the PL

I don't think any team should be written off but the league in that section is very competitive

I've not listed them in my top 6 but I wouldn't be surprised to see Villa, Brighton or Spurs do well

Seems like we are in a situation where we effectively have two leagues within the PL
Villa will finish top 6 and win the conference league.

England will clean sweep in Europe this season with City winning CL again, Liverpool the europa and villa the conference league

Anymore predictions before start of season on Friday?

Any predictions after Burnley vs man city starts will be considered null and void.

1. Man City
2. Man Utd
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Newcastle

I have a strong feeling Chelsea will surprise a lot of us this season under Poch and can easily get top 4.

That Liverpool defense looks suspect but they have a knack of scoring for fun so you never know. A toss up between Chelsea and Liverpool for that 3rd spot.

Newcastle I think will struggle to cope with the demands of the UCL and the league. Not quite impressed with their summer transfer business either.

Unfair, we have to give @Mamoon a chance or 3 ? :)
No! Same rules for everyone. All predictions in before start of season. I indicated this just before the temporary closure of forums as well.

Plus it stops users like you mentioned changing there predictions every week.

Arsenal
Liverpool
Man City
Man Utd
Newcastle

Maybe unlikely deep down but got to support my team.

I also wanna change mine slightly:

Arsenal
Man City
Man Utd
Liverpool
Newcastle
Chelsea

I've become less convinced about Liverpool's defensive capabilities.

What's the reason for the change?
Arsenal finished 5 points behind City (probably 8 points in reality as City didn't really care once the title was wrapped up)

However Arsenal had a healthy lead at one point and led the league for most of the season, I think the pressure of winning it got to them and they were a young side, now they've experienced that I think they'll be stronger for it (much like Liverpool winning the league after missing out by a point the season before)

I also look at the transfer business so far and I think Arsenal have gotten stronger. They've lost Xhaka but got Rice, Havertz, Timber and Raya. That's a significant improvement.

Whereas I look at City and I think they've gotten weaker, they've lost Gundogan and Mahrez but got Kovacic and Gvardiol. I rate Kovacic but he's not as good as Gundogan. Though the window is obviously not closed yet, if they get Paqueta I still think overall they are weaker (especially has midfield/attackers tend to take a year under Pep before they start to deliver)

So that's where my current thinking is at. Obviously City have the experience and the best manager in the world but they aren't invincible.

Arsenal finished 5 points behind City (probably 8 points in reality as City didn't really care once the title was wrapped up)

However Arsenal had a healthy lead at one point and led the league for most of the season, I think the pressure of winning it got to them and they were a young side, now they've experienced that I think they'll be stronger for it (much like Liverpool winning the league after missing out by a point the season before)

I also look at the transfer business so far and I think Arsenal have gotten stronger. They've lost Xhaka but got Rice, Havertz, Timber and Raya. That's a significant improvement.

Whereas I look at City and I think they've gotten weaker, they've lost Gundogan and Mahrez but got Kovacic and Gvardiol. I rate Kovacic but he's not as good as Gundogan. Though the window is obviously not closed yet, if they get Paqueta I still think overall they are weaker (especially has midfield/attackers tend to take a year under Pep before they start to deliver)

So that's where my current thinking is at. Obviously City have the experience and the best manager in the world but they aren't invincible.
City don't need to make massive changes to their squad after the treble. Gvaridol makes city defence even stronger. This is a team which didn't conceded more then 1 goal in any game from when they beat spurs 4-2. If a team ain't concededing goals and you have haaland and Alvarez (who will pretty much play more regularly and replace mahrez) then you are going to win games.

Kovacic will do gudogan role. Yes gudogans goals will be missed, but just means Phil foden will play more and he's more than capable of 15 goals in a season. They are also looking at mitoma as another winger signing.

Why did Arsenal bottle league.

1) poor defence - ever season under Arteta, Arsenal have conceded 40+ goals a season (apart from one) that ain't winning you a title. All pre season Arsenal have been opened by teams

2) Jesus and saka cover - Jesus came back and was no where near the level he was at start of season. He's injured again and can't be relied upon which means areta will probably use havertz / nketitah that doesn't close the gap to City

3) City didn't drop points in consecutive games all season until, thr title was won then dropped points vs brighton / Brentford. Arsenal under Arteta regularly drop points in consecutive games all the time

4) head to head record - City have won last 12 PL games in a row vs Arsensl, that mental block hasn't been overcome. (Charity shield is pre-season game before anyone tries using that)

5) squad rotation - peps master at it, that's why City win multiple trophies every season. Arsenal have been embracing with their Cup exits and squad rotation in last 3 seasons.

6) mentality - city's is elite. Arsenal are serial bottlers, because there is no accountability at the club, so you can have as much squad depth as you want. If your mentality is weak you ain't winning anything.

7) fixtures, this is something I guarantee you've not even looked at. Title race start to hot up end of march / April.

City's toughest fixtures are in March. Once they get through that they have an easy run in. City play most big teams in March. City vs Arsenal at end of march.

March

2: Man Utd (h)

9: Liverpool (a)

16: Brighton (a)

30: Arsenal (h)

April

3: Aston Villa (h)

6: Crystal Palace (a)

13: Luton (h)

20: Tottenham (a)

27: Nottingham Forest (a)

May

4: Wolves (h)

11: Fulham (a)

19: West Ham (h)

City will win 7 out of their last 8 games. Only spurs away is tough for them.

Arsenal's last 9 fixtures include 4 tough away games vs man city, brighton, spurs and United.

30: Man City (a)

April

2: Luton (h)

6: Brighton (a)

13: Aston Villa (h)

20: Wolves (a)

27: Tottenham (a)

May

4: Bournemouth (h)

11: Manchester United (a)

19: Everton (h)

So reality will be Arsenal will need probably a 9 point lead of more with 9 games to go again, also prove they can actually go on a rum at end of season without dropping points in consecutive games.

To add to my last post, we have no cover for saka so he will get burnt out in March again

I change:

1. Arsenal
2. Manchester United
3. Manchester City
4. Liverpool
5. Newcastle United

Last 24 hours for predictions to go in, so get them in. Any predictions after Burnley vs man city start will be null and void, no matter how much you dance around with light bulbs or pom poms.

Last 24 hours for predictions to go in, so get them in. Any predictions after Burnley vs man city start will be null and void, no matter how much you dance around with light bulbs or pom poms.

With the time ticking down, I'll go for a bold one: Frank Lampard will be hired and sacked by March :ROFLMAO:

Well looking at signings since the end of last season, Arsenal should be very happy and on paper it looks like they could get closer to Man City this season.

However, with Pep, you always feel that he has a few other cards up his sleeve.

Well looking at signings since the end of last season, Arsenal should be very happy and on paper it looks like they could get closer to Man City this season.

However, with Pep, you always feel that he has a few other cards up his sleeve.
City will add another midfielder / winger to their side before window closes. Arsenal haven't done enough to close the gap, still no additional striker or additional right side player to help saka.

Plus Pep is master of squad rotation where Arteta is clueless in that area.

48 minutes left to get any final predictions in ⏰

Season started - any predictions here after are null and void!

Still (very) early days, but I'm not convinced that Liverpool, Chelsea or United will be in the title race. Newcastle look in better shape than them all, but likely don't have the consistency to maintain it.

It'll be a 2 horse race again between Arsenal and City, which will probably be a 1 horse race as Arsenal fall away. We've definitely made gains, but not sure it's enough to close the gap. Title depends on those 2 meetings.

Still (very) early days, but I'm not convinced that Liverpool, Chelsea or United will be in the title race. Newcastle look in better shape than them all, but likely don't have the consistency to maintain it.

It'll be a 2 horse race again between Arsenal and City, which will probably be a 1 horse race as Arsenal fall away. We've definitely made gains, but not sure it's enough to close the gap. Title depends on those 2 meetings.
TW still open and Arsenal, united and Liverpool still need to invest to close the gap on city.

If come end of march City are top no one is catching them with fixtures they have.

Arsenal have 4 tough away games in last 9 games so they will fold like dominoes again when pressure is cranked up and fraudeta is exposed again with squad management

Arsenal have 4 tough away games in last 9 games so they will fold like dominoes again when pressure is cranked up and fraudeta is exposed again with squad management
You had Arsenal finishing 4th IIRC, so you must think we'll have fallen away long before then.

You had Arsenal finishing 4th IIRC, so you must think we'll have fallen away long before then.
We are in the CL this season which is huge difference to previous seasons, which means that we will have to play our strongest line ups midweek as well as the weekends. Arteta has failed to show in any of the last 3 seasons he can rotate / balance time line ups in multiple competitions. Unless he's going to stupid sacrifice cups because there are "bigger fish to fry" then in that case he will be getting sacked.

All we have done to our squad is replace Rice for xhaka (upgrade) and timber as upgrade on (tomiyassu / Zinchenko).

Timber is now injured, so Arsensl are now back to depending of Tomiyasu who is injury prone and Zinchenko who can't defend. Tierney is out of favour which means kiwor will be playing LB.

All this chopping and changing is no different to raneri did at Chelsea, team balance and results will be effected.

He's already trying to get his 65M proven flop in havertz into team no matter what, which means everyone else is playing out of position. His in game management. Always making subs reactively after 70 mins, rather then proactively don't help either.

Uve got trossard whose all round game offers goals and assists and fluidity when he plays on the bench.

The you have Eddie starting. Who offers no link up play, there is zero fluidity in team. Which means chances are limited, whilst now and then he scores. If scoring chances created are reduced it pretty much means he needs to be finishing like haaland all season to make up for no doing anything else all game.

All the tinkering and experiments should have been done preseason, in steady he will be doing it all during season. That means dropped points.

Also how many players in "his squad" does he trust to rotate.

Also look at our last 9 fixtures mentioned before. You think this team is going to change its "bottling under pressure," mode and win most of games at end of season.

"Lack of mentality under pressure and Artetas stubbornness and tinkering will be undoing this season"

We are in the CL this season which is huge difference to previous seasons, which means that we will have to play our strongest line ups midweek as well as the weekends. Arteta has failed to show in any of the last 3 seasons he can rotate / balance time line ups in multiple competitions. Unless he's going to stupid sacrifice cups because there are "bigger fish to fry" then in that case he will be getting sacked.

All we have done to our squad is replace Rice for xhaka (upgrade) and timber as upgrade on (tomiyassu / Zinchenko).

Timber is now injured, so Arsensl are now back to depending of Tomiyasu who is injury prone and Zinchenko who can't defend. Tierney is out of favour which means kiwor will be playing LB.

All this chopping and changing is no different to raneri did at Chelsea, team balance and results will be effected.

He's already trying to get his 65M proven flop in havertz into team no matter what, which means everyone else is playing out of position. His in game management. Always making subs reactively after 70 mins, rather then proactively don't help either.

Uve got trossard whose all round game offers goals and assists and fluidity when he plays on the bench.

The you have Eddie starting. Who offers no link up play, there is zero fluidity in team. Which means chances are limited, whilst now and then he scores. If scoring chances created are reduced it pretty much means he needs to be finishing like haaland all season to make up for no doing anything else all game.

All the tinkering and experiments should have been done preseason, in steady he will be doing it all during season. That means dropped points.

Also how many players in "his squad" does he trust to rotate.

Also look at our last 9 fixtures mentioned before. You think this team is going to change its "bottling under pressure," mode and win most of games at end of season.

"Lack of mentality under pressure and Artetas stubbornness and tinkering will be undoing this season"
All I'm saying is that it's irrelevant to talk about bottling under pressure in the last 9 games for a team that will finish 4th, unless you think it's a 4-horse race.

Personally, Arsenal are at a much higher level than all other teams besides City. I think we'll push them to the end but fall short again. Edu hit the jackpot with Timber, to tear his ACL on debut is a massive massive blow.

All I'm saying is that it's irrelevant to talk about bottling under pressure in the last 9 games for a team that will finish 4th, unless you think it's a 4-horse race.

Personally, Arsenal are at a much higher level than all other teams besides City. I think we'll push them to the end but fall short again. Edu hit the jackpot with Timber, to tear his ACL on debut is a massive massive blow.
Timber injury means the club is basically in same situation as last season.

Rice for xhaka, means we have a strong starting 11. Where is the improvement in rest of outfield squad depth. If your one of these guys with his prayer mat out think havertz Is the guy, then you bet be praying every single day for a miracle that ain't happening.

KDB injury may hamper City and they may not run away with things as much as before. But they are looking at paqueta, doku and mitoma and will flex their muscles.

Is havertz bridging the gap between city and Arsenal? 🤔

Since this KDB and Timber have been confirmed as being injured for significant periods

KDB is way more important to City, as a result I'm even more convinced they won't win the league

They've effectively lost 50 goal contributions in the league from KDB (though he should be back for 2nd half of the season), Mahrez and Gundogan

Kovacic doesn't score goals/assists, even if they sign Paqueta/Doku then that might help them the season after because we often see with City players in the front 6 tend to have a bedding in season (Rodri, Mahrez, Grealish, Silva) and that will have an impact on them

It's not just an ability thing, they've lost players that step up in big moments, that psychological impact I think will be huge

I see this as a transition season for them and other teams (Arsenal really) need to take advantage

Timber injury means the club is basically in same situation as last season.

Rice for xhaka, means we have a strong starting 11. Where is the improvement in rest of outfield squad depth. If your one of these guys with his prayer mat out think havertz Is the guy, then you bet be praying every single day for a miracle that ain't happening.

KDB injury may hamper City and they may not run away with things as much as before. But they are looking at paqueta, doku and mitoma and will flex their muscles.

Is havertz bridging the gap between city and Arsenal? 🤔

The club is not in the same situation, even if we signed nobody we'd still be a better team than last year. That's the point of having young players and a coach that has already proven to be improving them all. Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Ramsdale all will be better than last year, just as they were the year before etc. That's how we jumped 15 points from 5th to 2nd, because that main core of players stepped up a level, with a sprinkle of key signings on top. Same thing will happen this year. I've been saying this for 18 months now, before we went on a title charge when all predicted us to be scrapping for EL.

Talking of squad depth, take a look at the City bench for the Super Cup game. They've lost Gundogan and Mahrez, the likes of Kovacic, Doku, Paqueta are not on that level. They are a little weaker now, not to mention KDB's injury.

Rice and Timber, plus improvement in core players and a weaker City, is what bridges the gap. That's why I narrowly decided to predict Arsenal 1st. Obviously the Timber injury has thrown a spanner in the works, now I'm not so sure.

Havertz is fine, he's versatile squad depth who's experienced at the top level and in the league. He's not the guy nor is he a flop, he's just fine, he can only make us stronger. Nobody else lives in your black and white world.

Secondary attacking options of Trossard, Havertz, Nketiah, Smith Rowe is very healthy, it's just as good as bringing Doku or Palmer off the bench.

Since this KDB and Timber have been confirmed as being injured for significant periods

KDB is way more important to City, as a result I'm even more convinced they won't win the league

They've effectively lost 50 goal contributions in the league from KDB (though he should be back for 2nd half of the season), Mahrez and Gundogan

Kovacic doesn't score goals/assists, even if they sign Paqueta/Doku then that might help them the season after because we often see with City players in the front 6 tend to have a bedding in season (Rodri, Mahrez, Grealish, Silva) and that will have an impact on them

It's not just an ability thing, they've lost players that step up in big moments, that psychological impact I think will be huge

I see this as a transition season for them and other teams (Arsenal really) need to take advantage
Yes this Arsenal side, maybe even without Timber, is capable of pipping City on pure ability. The psychological block is the proper hurdle, and it's a very very big one for this team. If it is conquered on 7th October at the Emirates, I'll believe.

The club is not in the same situation, even if we signed nobody we'd still be a better team than last year. That's the point of having young players and a coach that has already proven to be improving them all. Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Ramsdale all will be better than last year, just as they were the year before etc. That's how we jumped 15 points from 5th to 2nd, because that main core of players stepped up a level, with a sprinkle of key signings on top. Same thing will happen this year. I've been saying this for 18 months now, before we went on a title charge when all predicted us to be scrapping for EL.

Talking of squad depth, take a look at the City bench for the Super Cup game. They've lost Gundogan and Mahrez, the likes of Kovacic, Doku, Paqueta are not on that level. They are a little weaker now, not to mention KDB's injury.

Rice and Timber, plus improvement in core players and a weaker City, is what bridges the gap. That's why I narrowly decided to predict Arsenal 1st. Obviously the Timber injury has thrown a spanner in the works, now I'm not so sure.

Havertz is fine, he's versatile squad depth who's experienced at the top level and in the league. He's not the guy nor is he a flop, he's just fine, he can only make us stronger. Nobody else lives in your black and white world.

Secondary attacking options of Trossard, Havertz, Nketiah, Smith Rowe is very healthy, it's just as good as bringing Doku or Palmer off the bench.
You keep on harping on about Arsenal's bench strength, same bench strength that couldn't even handle the europa league and Cup competitions last season, so what exactly is it going to do in the CL.

Arsenal will have to play its strongest line up in CL and PL this season. That's a massive difference. Arteta has already shown he is incapable of rotating the side effectively. Even you know that is a fact as you didn't even mention or counter this point ive made numerous times. Yeah 1st team players have improved. That's not the issue the lack of depth and Arteta **** poor squad management is.

The fact you think havertz improves Arsenal 🤣🤦‍♂️ based on? Because he's "versatile" are you Arteta fan club new PR spokesmen. He was used in different positions at Chelsea and failed, but all of sudden he makes Arsenal stronger? Delusion at its finest.

Also Jesus is injured again and can't be relied up, so nketitah and havertz are going to bridge the gap all season are they? Jesus will fall apart as he fitness isn't the best.

Trossard is quality but he's not even getting starts. Another Arteta mess up, he would rather play Eddie who offers no build up play or havertz who's scoring record is atrocious yet your hyping up the secondary options. ESR ain't getting much game time either. Arteta always makes his subs after 70 mins, so what exact impact are players going to make.

You can have as good a squad as you want. When the clown manager can't rotate properly or mis uses some of its best players it ends in failure. Pretty much every Cup exit or end of season collapse has been Artetas fault but your living in fairy land thinking the mentality and use of squads going to magically change. Delusion at its finest.

You keep talking about a weaker City 🤣 they won a treble. They have strengthen there defence with gvaridol. Yes gundogan will be a huge miss.

Mahrez place in side has been taken by alvarez who is on a par with Trossard interns of quality so their 1st 11 is no weaker then before. Phil foden will get more game time and he would walk straight into the Arsenal team and start.

City also have experience and proven pedigree in playing in all competitions. Show me proof of where Arsenal in last 3 seasons have rotated effectively and handled pressure at end of season.

@Firebat also now timber is out for season. Where is the improvement or depth in the defence? Its no different to last season again. 1 serious injury to white or Tomiyasu now and we are in same situation as March last season where we have only 1 recognised RB option and our 1st back up CB option is being used else where. Let me guess partey can play RB 🤣🤦‍♂️

@Firebat also now timber is out for season. Where is the improvement or depth in the defence? Its no different to last season again. 1 serious injury to white or Tomiyasu now and we are in same situation as March last season where we have only 1 recognised RB option and our 1st back up CB option is being used else where. Let me guess partey can play RB 🤣🤦‍♂️
“If Arsenal lose 2 RB’s, they’ll only have 1 RB left” - yes, that’s called squad depth.

If City lose Rodri and the injury-prone Philips, they’ll have no DM. If City lose the injury-prone Haaland and Alvarez, they’ll have no striker. We can go round and round all day, you can’t have 5 players in every position, you need luck with injuries to win a title.

The club saw that we were light last season defensively so they bought in a fantastic player who can cover across the whole back line and has a near spotless injury record. Then he tears his ACL on his debut. How exactly can they mitigate against bad luck like that? Can you lend them your crystal ball?

Besides, Sky saying his injury is not as bad as it could’ve been, so he could be back by Feb.

“If Arsenal lose 2 RB’s, they’ll only have 1 RB left” - yes, that’s called squad depth.

If City lose Rodri and the injury-prone Philips, they’ll have no DM. If City lose the injury-prone Haaland and Alvarez, they’ll have no striker. We can go round and round all day, you can’t have 5 players in every position, you need luck with injuries to win a title.

The club saw that we were light last season defensively so they bought in a fantastic player who can cover across the whole back line and has a near spotless injury record. Then he tears his ACL on his debut. How exactly can they mitigate against bad luck like that? Can you lend them your crystal ball?

Besides, Sky saying his injury is not as bad as it could’ve been, so he could be back by Feb.
So you've just spewed a lot of what ifs and again avoided my main questions.

So let me explain it to you nice and slow.

Timber is out for pretty much most of season.

Zinchenko is injured (no shock here his injury record is worse then Tierneys).

Tierney is out of favour.

So right now If Arsenal were to put out a back 4 it would be

White saliba Gabriel tomiyassu

The back up options are now kiwor and partey, because Arteta is clearly not using Tierney. So like I said one more serious injury and we are either playing make defenders in make shift positions or back to Ron holding being back in side at somepoint.

White and tomiyassu are the 2 RB options. White is also essentially the 1st back CB option. So yeah exactly back to where we were last season. 1 injury to either white or Tomiyasu and we lose a RB and CB option. This is where to so called versatile squad selections are exposed.

That's now all dependent on Zinchenko and tomiyassu staying fit. The fact you can understand that says it all.

So you've just spewed a lot of what ifs and again avoided my main questions.

So let me explain it to you nice and slow.

Timber is out for pretty much most of season.

Zinchenko is injured (no shock here his injury record is worse then Tierneys).

Tierney is out of favour.

So right now If Arsenal were to put out a back 4 it would be

White saliba Gabriel tomiyassu

The back up options are now kiwor and partey, because Arteta is clearly not using Tierney. So like I said one more serious injury and we are either playing make defenders in make shift positions or back to Ron holding being back in side at somepoint.

White and tomiyassu are the 2 RB options. White is also essentially the 1st back CB option. So yeah exactly back to where we were last season. 1 injury to either white or Tomiyasu and we lose a RB and CB option. This is where to so called versatile squad selections are exposed.

That's now all dependent on Zinchenko and tomiyassu staying fit. The fact you can understand that says it all.

First you say
So you've just spewed a lot of what ifs
Then you say
1 injury to either white or Tomiyasu and we lose a RB and CB option
That's a what if mate.

You're not getting it. I understand and agree with what you've said about defensive depth being the same as last year, except the fact that Zinchenko is actually now fully fit, so there's one more player there.

All I'm saying is that the club did the right thing and addressed it with the Timber signing, which was a fantastic signing for a great price, and have got incredibly unlucky that a non-injury-prone player tore his ACL on his debut.

As you said, if if if we get another injury to White (who started 36 PL games last year, subbed on in the other 2) or Tomiyasu we'll be in trouble. And if if if any other club on Earth lost 2 RB options they would also be in trouble. This is nothing special about Arsenal, nothing special about fraudteta or Edu, so I'm not going to bash them for it.

Arsenal have 7 trusted defenders, look around the league. MC, LV & MU (all who you have finishing above us) have the same! How many defenders do you think Arsenal can afford to purchase and employ? At some point you need to accept that winning the league requires luck with injuries, and that any team will suffer if they lose 2/3 players in the same position. Realising and accepting that will help with your anger AJ (y)

First you say

Then you say

That's a what if mate.

You're not getting it. I understand and agree with what you've said about defensive depth being the same as last year, except the fact that Zinchenko is actually now fully fit, so there's one more player there.

All I'm saying is that the club did the right thing and addressed it with the Timber signing, which was a fantastic signing for a great price, and have got incredibly unlucky that a non-injury-prone player tore his ACL on his debut.

As you said, if if if we get another injury to White (who started 36 PL games last year, subbed on in the other 2) or Tomiyasu we'll be in trouble. And if if if any other club on Earth lost 2 RB options they would also be in trouble. This is nothing special about Arsenal, nothing special about fraudteta or Edu, so I'm not going to bash them for it.

Arsenal have 7 trusted defenders, look around the league. MC, LV & MU (all who you have finishing above us) have the same! How many defenders do you think Arsenal can afford to purchase and employ? At some point you need to accept that winning the league requires luck with injuries, and that any team will suffer if they lose 2/3 players in the same position. Realising and accepting that will help with your anger AJ (y)
Best team at end of season always wins title. The so called "luck" with injuries is a load of nonsense. All clubs get injuries, that's while point of having a squad and decent manager so you can get best out of your squad.

Depending of injury liabilities like tomiaysu, crychenko, Partey etc.. is gross negligence and just stupid and naivety.

We saw same with wenger continuously depending on players that can't stay fit.

To close gap on city, Arsenal need to cut out the amateurish mistakes with squad management and team rotation which Arteta has proven he's incapable of.

Reason city won treble was because they rotated and kept players fresh when required.

AJ, too late for me to post my predictions?
Yeah go ahead as its 1 game in (only exception as im being generous).

No further predictions from anyone else, no changes allowed. As this was essentially pre-season predictions. (Also to stop certain posters changing their predictions every day - you know who you are 😉)

Ok here we go....

Heart says

Arsenal
Man City
Man united
Liverpool
New Castle

But my head is saying

Man City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Chelsea / Man United
New Castle

Liverpool will be Manchester City's closest title challengers this season, says Chris Sutton

Liverpool will be Manchester City's closest challengers in the Premier League this season, says Chris Sutton.

Jurgen Klopp's side completed a remarkable turnaround with 10 men on Sunday as substitute Darwin Nunez scored twice in a 2-1 win at Newcastle.

Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live, Sutton said the result was a "major statement".

"They are probably the ones who I think can push Manchester City the most," said Sutton on the Monday Night Club.

Defending champions City are currently top after three wins in their three games, with Liverpool two points behind, having drawn at Chelsea in their opener.

Sutton added: "I think in terms of, they went down to 10 men against Bournemouth last week and saw them off pretty well, but to do it at Newcastle - I thought that was a major statement.

"I still think City will win the Premier League, but Liverpool needed that yesterday and will go from strength to strength - if they can keep hold of Mohamed Salah."

Egypt forward Salah, 31, has scored 187 goals in 308 games for Liverpool since joining from Roma in 2017, but has been linked with a move to Saudi Arabia, despite Klopp insisting he is not for sale.

Liverpool brought on forwards Nunez and Diogo Jota against Newcastle, while Luis Diaz and Cody Gakpo started the match against Eddie Howe's side in a front three, alongside Salah.

Portugal's Jota and Colombia's Diaz were injured for large spells last season as Liverpool finished fifth.

But Sutton says with all five forwards fit, Liverpool have the strongest attack in the Premier League.

"If you look at Liverpool's frontline and the fact they can leave Jota [and Nunez] on the bench, that's a formidable frontline," he added.

"It's hard to think of another team in the Premier League who have that strength in depth.

"Diaz was out for a large part of last season, Jota was out [while] Salah has always been super reliable. Nunez, it was a strange season, but you saw signs there was a player there.

"You wonder if the nature of [Nunez's] goals, with both goals clinically taken, if that will give him the boost and really kick Liverpool on. He's physically strong, he can run, he looks a handful."

Sutton also praised Klopp's work in the transfer market this summer.

The Merseyside club signed Hungary midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai from RB Leipzig in a £60m deal, and Argentina's World Cup-winning midfielder Alexis Mac Allister from Brighton for £35m.

Japan international Wataru Endo also joined from Stuttgart as fellow midfielders Fabinho, Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain left the club.

"We've all spoken about Liverpool's signings, Szoboszlai and Mac Allister," said Sutton. "They're an upgrade on Henderson and Fabinho - Liverpool have a more creative midfield."

The Reds, who are fourth in the Premier League, host Aston Villa at Anfield on Sunday.

Looks like a case of whether Liverpool can challenge Man city. Or whether they will just run away with it

"Weaker" Man city already 4 points ahead of Arsensl and haven't even got out of 1st gear. They are missing KDB and Grealish two key players.

Kovacic is there to just do a steady job for City when required. Nunes will be molded into a quality player under Pep.

Alvarez has now become a main starter. Doku has replaced mahrez, will he hit the levels of a mahrez? Maybe not but he's already made an impact at start of season.

Foden has now come in as I said he would and make up the goals they have lost from gudogan.

Arsenal have looked average at best so far this season, espcially in the 4 home games.

But supposedly the gap has been bridged.

Reality is that If we lose to man city in 2 weeks, we could be 7 points behind already after 8 games.

The game already now is a must win for Arsenal.

No ones live in my black and white world, yeah others lose a sense of reality and think that a so called gap was closed in the summer.

This season will be a reality check, and some Arsenal fans are already seeing that.

"Weaker" Man city already 4 points ahead of Arsensl and haven't even got out of 1st gear. They are missing KDB and Grealish two key players.

Kovacic is there to just do a steady job for City when required. Nunes will be molded into a quality player under Pep.

Alvarez has now become a main starter. Doku has replaced mahrez, will he hit the levels of a mahrez? Maybe not but he's already made an impact at start of season.

Foden has now come in as I said he would and make up the goals they have lost from gudogan.

Arsenal have looked average at best so far this season, espcially in the 4 home games.

But supposedly the gap has been bridged.

Reality is that If we lose to man city in 2 weeks, we could be 7 points behind already after 8 games.

The game already now is a must win for Arsenal.

No ones live in my black and white world, yeah others lose a sense of reality and think that a so called gap was closed in the summer.

This season will be a reality check, and some Arsenal fans are already seeing that.
The Man City squad of this season is weaker than the squad of last season. This is because Doku, Nunes and Kovacic are not as good or influential as Gundogan and Mahrez were. When did I mention the starting XI? This is a very simple point, though I can’t say I’m surprised you still fail to comprehend it.

Yes weaker Man City are still better than Burnley, Newcastle, Sheffield,
Fulham, West Ham, Red Star Belgrade and Forest. What exactly is that supposed to prove? 🤣🤣

Once again, I made an original prediction that I didn’t actually believe in because I was hopeful that Rice and Timber (players with perfect injury records) could have bridged the gap, considering we got 84 points without them. If we lose both Rice and Timber… put 2 and 2 together mate. I apologise as I would have put more thought into it if I knew you were going to be quoting it every week. And an Arsenal without Timber, Rice, Partey, Martinelli, Trossard will get torn apart by a weaker Man City.

I don’t need a reality check, I’ve already accepted I will be wrong. Meanwhile some fans who struggle with being wrong will be getting a proper reality check when Arsenal finish in a different stratosphere to United.

The Man City squad of this season is weaker than the squad of last season. This is because Doku, Nunes and Kovacic are not as good or influential as Gundogan and Mahrez were. When did I mention the starting XI? This is a very simple point, though I can’t say I’m surprised you still fail to comprehend it.

Yes weaker Man City are still better than Burnley, Newcastle, Sheffield,
Fulham, West Ham, Red Star Belgrade and Forest. What exactly is that supposed to prove? 🤣🤣

Once again, I made an original prediction that I didn’t actually believe in because I was hopeful that Rice and Timber (players with perfect injury records) could have bridged the gap, considering we got 84 points without them. If we lose both Rice and Timber… put 2 and 2 together mate. I apologise as I would have put more thought into it if I knew you were going to be quoting it every week. And an Arsenal without Timber, Rice, Partey, Martinelli, Trossard will get torn apart by a weaker Man City.

I don’t need a reality check, I’ve already accepted I will be wrong. Meanwhile some fans who struggle with being wrong will be getting a proper reality check when Arsenal finish in a different stratosphere to United.
Who cares if Arsenal finish above united, in the end game the result will be that Arsenal will not have won either the PL or CL come the end of the season. So yeah my prediction that united finishing above Arsenal was wrong.

Buy your prediction was based on "fake positivity" like so many of the fan base people are scared to speak the truth because they think they will be called a "fake fan". So instead let's pretend to be "positive"

Most of Arsenal fan base in reality is happy settling for mediocrity as is the club, that's why the club will keep falling short at end of season, because of zero accountability.

Also the "injuries" every club gets them, Arsenal have enough so called "depth" to cope with it now.

According to mamoon Arsenal have the best DM depth in Europe and you've also said that Arsenal 2nd string attacking options are good enough. So not listening to anyones excuses on injuries.

Yeah il keep quoting your posts, feel free to do so on mine. It's a discussion forum, that's whole point of having a debate

Buy your prediction was based on "fake positivity" like so many of the fan base people are scared to speak the truth because they think they will be called a "fake fan". So instead let's pretend to be "positive"

Most of Arsenal fan base in reality is happy settling for mediocrity as is the club, that's why the club will keep falling short at end of season, because of zero accountability.
What are you on about I don’t get it? There is nothing “fake” about my positivity. I am not “scared” to speak the truth, scared of who? I could not care less what anyone else on this Pakistan cricket forum thinks of my Arsenal opinions 🤣🤣

I choose to be optimistic about my team’s chances in any given game or season. This is not an Arsenal fan base thing, this is 90% of fans across any sport for any team. Get over it, this basic fact will never change.

If you seriously believe me predicting Arsenal to win the league is a reason we will be trophyless or that I “accept mediocrity” then I can’t help you.

City have made a lot of changes in key areas. Sure they still have an elite squad but losing Mahrez and if they lose Walker & Silva those will be hard to replace.

My prediction.

1. LFC
2. City
3. Utd
4. Arsenal
5. Newcastle
6. Villa

Sorry @Amjid Javed serious mistake !

3 . Wasnt Manchester Utd. :ROFLMAO: , West Ham Utd ;)

Key win for Arsenal in the title race?

Key win for Arsenal in the title race?
8 games into a season, its a psychology hurdle passed.

Title race doesn't begin till March / April

Top of table is congested at moment as its early season.

Even Liverpool look dangerous at moment.

They have played Chelsea, Newcastle, spurs and Brighton away so far also villa and west ham at home. After a tough start they only sit 1 point everyone.

Spurs will probably fall away at some point.

Very congested at the top as we head into the final international break until March...

1699834509337.png

Actually, upon some further thought I'm amending this slightly

1) Arsenal
2) City
3) Liverpool
4) Man-U
5) Chelsea
6) Newcastle

Predictions 4-6 don't look particularly great but 1-3 seems sound so far

But obviously loads of the season still to play

Just been looking at this site (https://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&stats=18-liverpool) and you can see the table laid out based on fixtures/results and below is the view for Arsenal, Liverpool and City

There is obviously about 2/3 of the season to play but looking at the results and fixtures to come it looks very favourable to Liverpool. In terms of away fixtures, of the top sides to play away, they only have Arsenal, Man U (easy win really) and maybe West Ham (would still fancy them to win)

Arsenal still have to go away to Liverpool, City, Villa, Spurs, Man U (easy win currently), Brighton and West Ham

City still have to go away to Liverpool, Villa, Spurs, Newcastle and Brighton

Based on this I'd make Liverpool favourites, combined with the resilience they have shown and character to win points from losing positions

1701724731749.png1701724583502.png1701724768189.png

Just been looking at this site (https://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england&stats=18-liverpool) and you can see the table laid out based on fixtures/results and below is the view for Arsenal, Liverpool and City

There is obviously about 2/3 of the season to play but looking at the results and fixtures to come it looks very favourable to Liverpool. In terms of away fixtures, of the top sides to play away, they only have Arsenal, Man U (easy win really) and maybe West Ham (would still fancy them to win)

Arsenal still have to go away to Liverpool, City, Villa, Spurs, Man U (easy win currently), Brighton and West Ham

Based on this I'd make Liverpool favourites, combined with the resilience they have shown and character to win points from losing positions

View attachment 139731View attachment 139730View attachment 139732

Liverpool have won all at Anfield this season, the place looks more of a fortress than ever!

Arsenal and City at Anfield will be very important for LFC. If we can win both, we will be confident of going all the way.

We have a good squad but still want to keep our main players fit. Alisson atm is a big loss, he makes big saves every match and its vital he's fit soon, he is the bottom of the spine. Ali, VVD, Szobo and Salah are the spine now, they need to stay fit for us to have a chance.

City still have KDB and Stones to return, their two big players in their spine.

Arsenal dont have a huge squad, a couple of injuries for them and it will hurt.

Newcastle are still in it, they are the most organised team in the league atm. But if they get into Europa, play Thursdays, it will be tough to stay strong in both competitions.

Still hard to rule out City but imo it will be again LFC v City going into the last two weeks. Hopefully this time we can prevail. If we win the league, it might help Salah stay for another year going for the CL.

I think we're gonna have 3 teams (ARS, MCI, LIV) going the distance and in the hunt until at least the last 5 games.

Hopefully an all time great title race.

Liverpool have won all at Anfield this season, the place looks more of a fortress than ever!

Arsenal and City at Anfield will be very important for LFC. If we can win both, we will be confident of going all the way.

We have a good squad but still want to keep our main players fit. Alisson atm is a big loss, he makes big saves every match and its vital he's fit soon, he is the bottom of the spine. Ali, VVD, Szobo and Salah are the spine now, they need to stay fit for us to have a chance.

City still have KDB and Stones to return, their two big players in their spine.

Arsenal dont have a huge squad, a couple of injuries for them and it will hurt.

Newcastle are still in it, they are the most organised team in the league atm. But if they get into Europa, play Thursdays, it will be tough to stay strong in both competitions.

Still hard to rule out City but imo it will be again LFC v City going into the last two weeks. Hopefully this time we can prevail. If we win the league, it might help Salah stay for another year going for the CL.

I give us next to no chance, our battle is to try and get top 4/5 (hopefully 5th will be a CL spot)

We simply have too many injuries to be able to make up the gap that is already starting to build and even without the injuries we don't have the same level of quality as the 3 sides that are in the title race

Our battle is with Villa/Spurs/Man U and we'll just enjoy seeing how the top 3 unfold

I give us next to no chance, our battle is to try and get top 4/5 (hopefully 5th will be a CL spot)

We simply have too many injuries to be able to make up the gap that is already starting to build and even without the injuries we don't have the same level of quality as the 3 sides that are in the title race

Our battle is with Villa/Spurs/Man U and we'll just enjoy seeing how the top 3 unfold

There is some talk of loaning from Saudi clubs in Jan. Is this just tabloid reporting or is there any truth to this? The PL recently voted to ensure this is possible now.

There is some talk of loaning from Saudi clubs in Jan. Is this just tabloid reporting or is there any truth to this? The PL recently voted to ensure this is possible now.
I think it's just tabloid stuff

I honestly don't think we will be doing any such loan deals with Saudi clubs, primarily because they aren't investing in their leagues to just help us. Their focus is the World Cup and they will want more and more players to join

The only possibility is if players are unsettled but we'll pay the going rate

Look at the ASM sale to Saudi, if we were planning to be dodgy we could have sold him for £50m plus but the reported fee was around £25m, which if anything was below his market rate

I think it's just tabloid stuff

I honestly don't think we will be doing any such loan deals with Saudi clubs, primarily because they aren't investing in their leagues to just help us. Their focus is the World Cup and they will want more and more players to join

The only possibility is if players are unsettled but we'll pay the going rate

Look at the ASM sale to Saudi, if we were planning to be dodgy we could have sold him for £50m plus but the reported fee was around £25m, which if anything was below his market rate

Read about Ruben Neves refusing to leave as he's settled in at Saudi, so I wont be surprised if more injuries occur a couple might come over from teams that are off the pace.

Sure they want the Saudi league to improve fast but Newcastle is still their biggest brand atm. Lets see what happens in January.

View attachment 139731View attachment 139730View attachment 139732
So right from start of season I said to everyone look at the end of season fixtures and you will see why CIty are favs. Yes City have some tough away fixtures left but if you look at their last 9 games apart from spurs away they should win the rest.

Arsenal as I have repeatedly said have man city, brighton, man utd and spurs away in last 9 games.

Liverpools last 9 games is fairly balances interms of difficulty.

This is why if City are pipped to title it will be Liverpool more so then Arsenal who do it.

So right from start of season I said to everyone look at the end of season fixtures and you will see why CIty are favs. Yes City have some tough away fixtures left but if you look at their last 9 games apart from spurs away they should win the rest.

Arsenal as I have repeatedly said have man city, brighton, man utd and spurs away in last 9 games.

Liverpools last 9 games is fairly balances interms of difficulty.

This is why if City are pipped to title it will be Liverpool more so then Arsenal who do it.
The problem City have is the way they are currently playing the gap could be quite big by the time their decent run of fixtures arrives

Whilst I wouldn't rule out City overhauling a decent points gap (they've done it before), if there are two teams (Liverpool/Arsenal) that are ahead of them then I wouldn't fancy them to catch both

Their game with Villa is huge, both Liverpool and Arsenal will be badly wanting them to lose that

Just come across this thread. Wish I had made some predictions.

Not sure how so many people predicted Manchester United so high on the back of a Carabao Cup. 3rd place was good but you could see they were relying on individuals to get them through games and it was not sustainable.

Liverpool's attack will keep them up there but I just think they are easier to play against and that midfield is not convincing.
Man City or Arsenal for me.

The problem City have is the way they are currently playing the gap could be quite big by the time their decent run of fixtures arrives

Whilst I wouldn't rule out City overhauling a decent points gap (they've done it before), if there are two teams (Liverpool/Arsenal) that are ahead of them then I wouldn't fancy them to catch both

Their game with Villa is huge, both Liverpool and Arsenal will be badly wanting them to lose that
Yup without Doku or Grealish on the left. Rodri is out to. Good Ebening

City's midfield without Gundogan and Debryune is a Hugh drop off.

They are not controlling games like they did with them two in the side, hence conceding to.many chances and the defence is getting badly exposed

Back