Windies v SA score thread

Yea they have, should have got 600 i think.

nah, its good captaincy.. s.africa have 2 bat a tricky session here... chanderpaul shud backs his bowlers...

Collins changed his bowling action hasnt he?

***, s.africa crying about light... and thats it i guess.

close off day 2!

Amjid see its bad captaincy! Lights been offered!!!!!!! Very bad timing by Shiv in his declaration!

Why did he declare? There was no urgency to get quick runs. He isnt the selfish type of cricketer, so out ofcharacter.

I think it was a spur of the moment decision based on inexperience.

Hmmm..interesting words from Bennett King. Was concerned at Windies slow run rate at the end-but says that final decision was Shiv's.

Doesnt seem to happy by the way the final hour went.

16-3. Windies rippinf through the top order. Anyone know any video links for the match?

South Africa 1st innings R M B 4 6
*GC Smith c Browne b Collins 2 6 0 0
AB de Villiers not out 13 23 2 0
JA Rudolph c RO Hinds b Powell 0 2 1 0 0
JH Kallis b Powell 0 2 2 0 0
HH Gibbs not out 1 6 0 0
Extras (lb 1, nb 5) 6
Total (3 wickets, 5.4 overs) 22

To Bat: +MV Boucher, AJ Hall, N Boje, M Ntini, CK Langeveldt,
A Nel.

FoW: 1-15 (Smith, 2.6 ov), 2-16 (Rudolph, 3.2 ov),
3-16 (Kallis, 3.4 ov).

Bowling O M R W
Collins 3 0 15 1 (2nb)
Powell 2.4 1 6 2 (2nb)

kallis got a duck :)) :)) :))

Top speed so far for Powell - 92.6mph i think - average around 87mph

make that 30/4

pedro collins gets de villiers lbw

almsot gets boucher 1st ball also

GONE PEDRO GETS GIBBS!!!!

WINDIES ON FIRE!

anyone know a video link? I cannot watch TV cos mom watching it.

powell ave speed 88mph

fastest ball 92.6 mph

cricinfo has him right arm fast medium!

Smithy gone to yet another outswinger...hanging his bat out to dry outside off stump!! Good ball mind by Pedro Collins

De Villiers has a chance of making a name for himself today. The guy is talented but has this habit of throwing his wicket away.

nadeem bhai loves fast bowlers he shud have a look at him.

De villiers is a good player who should be one of the better players in the world over the next decade. As long as they don't waste his talent! He has also had a good start to his test career.

95/6 hall goes now stupid pull shot caught by collins

What a performance so far from the Windies! 95-6

Follow-on enforced by Chanderpaul
btw pak_all_the_way who is afidi?

South Africa 188 & 4/0

@ lunch day 4

so so funny if west indies won...

wow...a lil over 1 an over.
they have 5 sessions to play. itll be tuff

very very bad by the South Africans

They opening with two Hafeez wannabies or something?

hash, theyr just trying to survive. getting the 350 odd and getting 10 WI wickets is almost impossible, esp when rain may occur. theyr trying to survive and Smith feels with the WI non attacking its the best way.

sajjad- this way is never the best way. India tried it and look what happened to them.

You should never ever troddle along at 1.4 runs per over. You need to rotate the strike and put away the half volleys. Otherwise the opposing captain is just going to set ultra attackign fields and the margin for error for the batsman will become v small. You need to keep the scoreboard ticking, keep the bowlers and fielders and opposing captani thinking otherwise you are pretty much taknig defeat on a plate.

Runs, balls,fours,sixes,strike rate
AB de Villiers (RHB) 19 106 2 0 17.92 Striker

GC Smith (LHB)20 102 2 0 19.61 Non-striker
They're making Mark Richardson look like Afridi

Hash said:
sajjad- this way is never the best way. India tried it and look what happened to them.

You should never ever troddle along at 1.4 runs per over. You need to rotate the strike and put away the half volleys. Otherwise the opposing captain is just going to set ultra attackign fields and the margin for error for the batsman will become v small. You need to keep the scoreboard ticking, keep the bowlers and fielders and opposing captani thinking otherwise you are pretty much taknig defeat on a plate.

yeah going totally defensice is usually not right..but i do believe the WI are not being attacking at all and thats why Smith n co are not attempting to take any risks whatsoever by trying to score or even play at the ball. i dont agree with the negative thinking on either side but its probably a strategy for a short while....meanwhile a wicket has just fallen and villiers dragging it on...hash..perhaps proved right and me wrong. lets see how the play now

11 runs in the past 3 overs....tactis changing here...or is it too early to tell

latest --> s.africa 60/1

s.africa are gona have to keep battling to earn a draw!

smith gone clean bowled by a superb delivery by collins

s.a 68/2

they have scored 3 runs in the last 5.2 overs

Mark my words......they keep up these tactics they WILL lose.

i think theyll lose either way...but yeah theyr tactics dont appear to have changed. maybe its cause the day is about to end.

Why did Chanderpaul take Collins off! Seems stupid thing to do after he takes a wicket!

wow, imagine the state of PakPassion if Inzi had done that! X)

:D

rudolph dropped... very very difficult chance ryan hinds flys thru air to take return caught and bowled .. has it one handed and it drops out as he hits the ground

S.africa 85/2 off 63 overs

close of play

how exciting hey....

:)?

Personally i think it is a join role between Hafeez and Wasti

Hafeez has a strike rate of 49.76 and 51.24 in tests and ODI's (thats about 3 an over)....sure its low but dont over do it with pinning all jokes on him.

SA did well losing only 2 wickets in 63 overs.
theyr looking for a draw and at that rate they may just make it.

90 overs - some rain or light problems.

latest --> South Africa 117/2 (83.0 ov)

78 overs left in days play

kallis dropped by browne off gentle pie throws of chanderpaul!

very easy drop!

rudolph gone lbw (plumb) to deonrine

s.a 119/3

73 overs left and 7 wickets remaining. SA looking to survive and doing VERY WELL at it

60 overs left...
things looking good for SA.

hey HASH, the negative tactics seem to have worked...what do u think

at the moment things are looking good for SA.

But I get the feeling that if Kallis falls in the next 10 overs or so it will all be over.

52 overs left

7 wkts still in hand. what a comeback by the africans...

it will be a bad day for cricket if south africa pull this off.

I never want to see these tactics work, ever.

rain now giving SA a helping hand. a lil rain delay now. but SA have done remarkably well to play out 112 overs for the loss of just 3 wickets.

Back