"You can say that breaking the opening partnership with Babar Azam has caused some damage": Mohammad Rizwan

Also I’m not even arguing that Rizwan is somehow the greatest T20 player in the world. I want an opening pair of Saim Ayub and Mohammad Haris. I just do not think Rizwan was holding some world class talent out of the side. Now that we have Saim Ayub who seems to have all the shots and ability, I want Saim to always open ahead of Rizwan and/or Babar.

But just look at Pakistani batting records in any format in recent times. Rizwan has been one of our best performers and he’s been one of the best performing wicket keeper batsmen in Pakistan’s history - particularly in SENA in Test where he has the highest average of any Asian WK ever.
I'm aware you're not. My issue is the whole 2023 team per say.

I said it before a few months back, he's only a part of the problem. However at the end of the day, he opened ahead of fakhar a natural X factor. Him and Babar caused more problems that tend to be overshadowed by record 200 chases against 2nd string sides.

Fans hate rizwan for certain things, fakhar is probs the biggest one.

Also please don't highlight the greatest world cup chase example that you used earlier. What rizwan AND ABDULLAH did was great but its not the greatest pakistani innings. It was a great innings and 100% deserves respect but fakhar and maxwell outshined rizwan in that very same cup.

Had rizzu just been a normal opener for t20 or no 4 for odi, you could use the excuse it's not his fault as management is clueless on batting orders, however he specifically made interviews demanding those positions at the cost of natural openers like fakhar or no 4's like saud.

This is current test stats which I agree with. But if you're looking at past and present then fair.
Yeah the issue is mainly that Sarfraz was good against almost any team when it came to playing on low and slow pitches in the UAE, but his record in South Africa, England, and New Zealand was always really really bad.

Although to be fair to Sarfraz lots of our batsmen back then were bad against very good fast bowling in overseas conditions. Only in recent times does it seem like we improved against fast bowling but got much worse against spin.

You responded to a discussion about how Misbah ruined all of Sarfraz’s achievements by selecting Rizwan.

I didn't respond to any post on here regarding Sarfraz. I've responded to what Misbah has done to Pakistan cricket, which is why I'm brough up cake cutting because if you're not aware, this is a remnant of the Misbah era.

I said it before a few months back, he's only a part of the problem. However at the end of the day, he opened ahead of fakhar a natural X factor. Him and Babar caused more problems that tend to be overshadowed by record 200 chases against 2nd string sides.

Also please don't highlight the greatest world cup chase example that you used earlier. What rizwan AND ABDULLAH did was great but its not the greatest pakistani innings. It was a great innings and 100% deserves respect but fakhar and maxwell outshined rizwan in that very same cup.

Had rizzu just been a normal opener for t20 or no 4 for odi, you could use the excuse it's not his fault as management is clueless on batting orders, however he specifically made interviews demanding those positions at the cost of natural openers like fakhar or no 4's like saud.
I didn’t say it was the greatest innings, all I said was it was our only memorable win in that World Cup. Although you could argue for the New Zealand win even though it was rain affected.

Also Fakhar Zaman is horrible as a T20 opener. He starts off way too slow and then accelerates later and he was given a lot of opportunities to open and failed continuously. He was pretty bad at #3 also but now it seems like he’s found a good spot at #4 where he has something like a 175 SR.

Also Rizwan is not even the captain, he has the right to ask for whatever position but it’s the job of management to make those decisions. There’s nothing wrong with stating your preference for where you want to play, even most Australian cricket players mentioned their preferences to the media when there was the recent Test opening dilemma.

I think we disagree on the reasons for losing the WC. I think it’s more so because we haven’t found a good spinner in any format for a while - finally it seems like Abrar Ahmed is pretty decent. Additionally, our fast bowlers all for injured before the WC. Naseem Shah was out, Rauf picked up a small injury and returned, and Shaheen Shah returned from injury and was rushed into the side and only now so much later is he regaining form.

Fakhar is one of my favorite ODI batsmen but he was also completely horrible for so long that he deserved to be dropped and after he dropped and came back he performed better. Fakhar was horrible for almost a full year of batting but was still backed, eventually though when he was failing even against lower ranked teams it was definitely time for him to get a break/rest.

2017 I think our team was also just overall much stronger. Babar and Fakhar were in great form, Hafeez was in great form, and Shadab was brilliant before he became just a T20 bowler. Back then it also looked like Hasan Ali would be one of the best bowlers in the world.
I don't disagree with the points you've made here. Like at all, you've listed more reasons for why we lost. Lack of spin, bowler injuries + 2017 being a stronger team as well as 2023 India being a stronger unit etc etc.

But here's the politics behind it. Abrar was performing solidly in England test series. Given how bad shadab and nawaz were Babar had no reason to publicly defend them, its a world cup, experience nonsense goes out the window considering Gill and kishan were given a go ahead of dhawan for bad dhawan's bad form.

Babar defended sheddy and nawaz. The whole team in 2023 was also just delusional with the no 1 nonsense and the akshay Kumar cake videos.

Theirs a lot of reasons that we lost including the ones you listed. Neither of us are wrong and I'm not saying that your points are incorrect or invalid. I'm just adding and giving extra context as to why we lost.

Rizwan, fakhar and Abdullah were the highlights though but at the end of the day the whole team was just a mess.

No position, no game plan no nothing really.

I didn't respond to any post on here regarding Sarfraz. I've responded to what Misbah has done to Pakistan cricket, which is why I'm brough up cake cutting because if you're not aware, this is a remnant of the Misbah era.
The whole discussion was about Misbah’s decision to create the Babar/Rizwan opening pair.

But if that’s not what you were referring to, then that’s no problem, I thought that’s what you were referring to.

Yes and well done for destroying Pakistan cricket too in the process. Of course you are secretly thankful for that too.
That's your blind hate coming in. Nothing else. Rizwan is a massive upgrade over sarfraz in every sense, if you think otherwise than you know nothing about cricket.

Rizwan can bat left handed and will still be better than sarfraz. Rizwan is Pakistan greatest wk by a mile for a reason. The sarfraz etc are not fit to tie his shoelaces.
Rizwan being a right handed batter isn’t better than Sarfaraz in the middle order

Rizwan is a failed middle order T20 player. Misbah did his best to make him work and destroyed the careers of many good players alongside the honesty and integrity with which Pakistan cricket is played as well, just so that Rizwan can work.

I don't disagree with the points you've made here. Like at all, you've listed more reasons for why we lost. Lack of spin, bowler injuries + 2017 being a stronger team as well as 2023 India being a stronger unit etc etc.

But here's the politics behind it. Abrar was performing solidly in England test series. Given how bad shadab and nawaz were Babar had no reason to publicly defend them, its a world cup, experience nonsense goes out the window considering Gill and kishan were given a go ahead of dhawan for bad dhawan's bad form.

Babar defended sheddy and nawaz. The whole team in 2023 was also just delusional with the no 1 nonsense and the akshay Kumar cake videos.

Theirs a lot of reasons that we lost including the ones you listed. Neither of us are wrong and I'm not saying that your points are incorrect or invalid. I'm just adding and giving extra context as to why we lost.

Rizwan, fakhar and Abdullah were the highlights though but at the end of the day the whole team was just a mess.

No position, no game plan no nothing really.
The point about Abrar is fair but also Abrar had not played a single ODI match. Getting wickets in Test pitches that break down in Asia is different than the flatter ODI pitches.

If I was in the exact same position, on one hand I would think that we should give Abrar a shot as a surprise option in the WC. But also on the other hand I would think that maybe I stick with the more experienced bowlers who could also possibly contribute a bit with the bat. I mean we also brought Usama Mir in and he also ended up being pretty bad.

I didn’t say it was the greatest innings, all I said was it was our only memorable win in that World Cup. Although you could argue for the New Zealand win even though it was rain affected.

Also Fakhar Zaman is horrible as a T20 opener. He starts off way too slow and then accelerates later and he was given a lot of opportunities to open and failed continuously. He was pretty bad at #3 also but now it seems like he’s found a good spot at #4 where he has something like a 175 SR.

Also Rizwan is not even the captain, he has the right to ask for whatever position but it’s the job of management to make those decisions. There’s nothing wrong with stating your preference for where you want to play, even most Australian cricket players mentioned their preferences to the media when there was the recent Test opening dilemma.
Fakhar is an X factor. You never throw X factors away that's the thing. That's the no 1 rule of cricket.

Rohit didn't perform since 2022, it's only in the world cup and in the asia cup he somewhat came back to form as he provided 9RR starts but never fully capitalised.

The team however never dropped him from captaincy And still persisted, why? Because he's the most dangerous player in the team, yes even more dangerous then kohli, Gill, kishan, kohli were more inform and more capable of scoring those massive tons, but rohit was the only one who could play match winning innings, ironically he was also Australia's biggest threat in the final as it seemed he'd take the game away before he got out.

Fakhar is your first X factor in like nearly 2 decades. Having rizwan replace him makes zero sense. Albeit here it's more misbah's fault then rizzu's.

We were the laughing stock of the entire world when Sarfraz got chosen over Rizwan in the 1st Test. I still remember listening to all of the Australian commentators laughing during the 2nd Test at how we could possibly have made that mistake in the 1st Test.
Aussie know their cricket unlike some Asif Ali fans. I mean how on earth even thinks sarfraz is anywhere near rizwan?

The point about Abrar is fair but also Abrar had not played a single ODI match. Getting wickets in Test pitches that break down in Asia is different than the flatter ODI pitches.

If I was in the exact same position, on one hand I would think that we should give Abrar a shot as a surprise option in the WC. But also on the other hand I would think that maybe I stick with the more experienced bowlers who could also possibly contribute a bit with the bat. I mean we also brought Usama Mir in and he also ended up being pretty bad.
I don't mind usama mir being bad. I didn't make a comment on him cause 5 months ago I ate my own words by asking for usama, however I still believe usama and abrar shpuld have been front line.

You don't pick the 2 spinners who are statistically worse then part timers in the asia cup and in the world cup only Joe root a non bowler happens to be economically worse then they are.

Babar literally had the audacity to say that sheddy and nawaz were his best spin bowlers and Babar had alot of control on the management at the time. As a captain he could have just said abrar should have been given a go on performance alone.

Rizwan being a right handed batter isn’t better than Sarfaraz in the middle order

Rizwan is a failed middle order T20 player. Misbah did his best to make him work and destroyed the careers of many good players alongside the honesty and integrity with which Pakistan cricket is played as well, just so that Rizwan can work.
Just like fakhar is a failed t20 opener along with sharjeel. Enough said. Rizwan was given 3 opportunities unlike sharjeel and fakhar who flopped after a million of chances.

Rizwan has many faults and I can't stand him at times but he's by far the best wk in our history.

Fakhar is an X factor. You never throw X factors away that's the thing. That's the no 1 rule of cricket.

Rohit didn't perform since 2022, it's only in the world cup and in the asia cup he somewhat came back to form as he provided 9RR starts but never fully capitalised.

The team however never dropped him from captaincy And still persisted, why? Because he's the most dangerous player in the team, yes even more dangerous then kohli, Gill, kishan, kohli were more inform and more capable of scoring those massive tons, but rohit was the only one who could play match winning innings, ironically he was also Australia's biggest threat in the final as it seemed he'd take the game away before he got out.

Fakhar is your first X factor in like nearly 2 decades. Having rizwan replace him makes zero sense. Albeit here it's more misbah's fault then rizzu's.
Fakhar is maybe an “X factor” in ODI but he has never been good in T20. Some of the best T20 players in the world are not good in ODI and vice versa. Look at Finn Allen who we played in the recent T20 series who is a devastating T20 opener but maybe only half as good in ODI.

If you look at most of Fakhar Zaman’s innings he’s not always been a hit from the first ball kind of guy. He usually starts pretty slow but the good thing about him is he accelerates and usually makes big scores when he settles. His slow starts are why his ODI SR is only 93 and T20 is only 130 - even though he is thought of as an explosive batsmen. At #4, Fakhar is going at a 175 SR though so maybe that’s a spot he can be destructive at.

Those hundreds from Fakhar and Maxwell were just on another level. Maxwell's was the GOAT.

Rizwan's performances as an opener have been bad recently while Babar is once again outshining many. Not sure if this duo is gonna be seen again at numbers 1 and 2. Gotta find another guy.

Those hundreds from Fakhar and Maxwell were just on another level. Maxwell's was the GOAT.
I never understood the argument on dropping Fakhar because he's inconsistent or because he hasn't kicked off in t20 opening when he didn't really open that much in t20 in comparison to babar and rizwan.

Bcci never dropped rohit deapite him being out of form for a year. India literally started rioting and made fat jokes on rohit and demanded he be excluded. Kohli had to shut so many people up defending rohit. Same with maxwell, maxwell didn't receive any backlash but he wasn't per say performing ideally until 2023 wc.

You don't drop X factors for accumulators, classic aussie never did that for Gilchrist.

An impact player is always needed, it's why shahid afridi doesn't get criticised as much despite performing once in a blue moon.

I'm not saying you have an entire team filled with inconsistent impact players but you clearly need atleast one. If fakhar was opening with babar/ Rizwan and one was doing their Job while fakhar would could good in crunch moments, then you can't justify babar or rizzu opening especially when they got exposed in 2022 wc lol or have frustrated fans with their slow starts.

Now that babar and rizzu pair has been broken, Rizzu is complaining for his lack of form at opening because he needed babar hand holding, whereas babar is doing well at no 3, as mickey clearly said babar should have been no 3 in every format, this whole opening drama shouldn't have ever started.

Rizzu is complaining for his lack of form at opening because he needed babar hand holding, whereas babar is doing well at no 3,
If Rizwan really meant that then it was the funniest argument any player can present in front of millions of cricket fans. You need a specific player to form LOL.

If Rizwan really meant that then it was the funniest argument any player can present in front of millions of cricket fans. You need a specific player to form LOL.
Tbf, I don't really take any of rizzu's interviews seriously.

Rizzu is a massive troll, with interviews such as

"Sometimes my cramps are real, and sometimes it's acting"

Or

"I was a great opener, but without babar damage to my form has been done"

(^^ He didn't say any of these things in this exact wording, but you get the point).

Rizzu has been a decent player for Pakistan and has contributed, but he's a massive troll. Tbf they all are to some extent.

Iftikhar Ahmed saying their is no doubt we are the no 1 side, or those akshay Kumar videos we filmed during the cup" Hum nei kar kei dekhaya hai".

Our whole team feels like Gen Z tiktokers. So cringe.

Rizwan now trying to cover his blunder of a statement he made earlier?

--------------------------

Mohammad Rizwan speaking during an interview with local sports media:

"I never refused to play one down. When I was asked, I said I am absolutely available."

"I even said that if I am needed for bowling, I am ready for that too, I can even leave my wicket-keeping,"

"If you look at my career so far, in 26 matches, I have gone to bat at numbers 7, 8, and 9. No batsman has gone in at number 9, I have. I cannot say that I will not do this. I was ready before, and I am still ready now,"

“I was asked that if splitting my opening pair with Babar hurt Pakistan. Maybe I didn’t understand the question at that time, but I said it hurt Pakistan in the context that Pakistan had lost four matches. I did not say that it hurt Pakistan because we were split as an opening pair,”

"We understand what is best for Pakistan and who determines the best? The coach can see, the captain can see. If we talk about the New Zealand tour, even then Shaheen adopted a rotation policy, so that the best can be extracted from each player. We don't say that we made a mistake by going back and forth, but we can say that you should look at things logically, do things logically that are best for Pakistan,"​

Rizwan now trying to cover his blunder of a statement he made earlier?

--------------------------

Mohammad Rizwan speaking during an interview with local sports media:

"I never refused to play one down. When I was asked, I said I am absolutely available."

"I even said that if I am needed for bowling, I am ready for that too, I can even leave my wicket-keeping,"

"If you look at my career so far, in 26 matches, I have gone to bat at numbers 7, 8, and 9. No batsman has gone in at number 9, I have. I cannot say that I will not do this. I was ready before, and I am still ready now,"

“I was asked that if splitting my opening pair with Babar hurt Pakistan. Maybe I didn’t understand the question at that time, but I said it hurt Pakistan in the context that Pakistan had lost four matches. I did not say that it hurt Pakistan because we were split as an opening pair,”

"We understand what is best for Pakistan and who determines the best? The coach can see, the captain can see. If we talk about the New Zealand tour, even then Shaheen adopted a rotation policy, so that the best can be extracted from each player. We don't say that we made a mistake by going back and forth, but we can say that you should look at things logically, do things logically that are best for Pakistan,"​
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he genuinely did not lie and actually misunderstood the question

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he genuinely did not lie and actually misunderstood the question
No bro. He knew exactly what he was saying and who he was saying it to.

He came out with this absurd interview right after he made that 90 odd from 60 balls in the 4th T20i (pakistan still lost) and he has failed previously in all T20s before it. He didn’t say anything before that 4th T20.

He was basically waiting to score some runs, then looking to get his supporters (Mostly Saya corps shills) to run rampant on social media on how there was been a great injustice by breaking him and Babar as the opening pair.

Muhammad Amir rightly exposed him straight after with his tweet “4 saal mazzey”. Everyone knows how him and his agency have been ruining Pakistan and it’s cricket behind the scenes

Tbh it’s not very difficult to understand some individuals that show all the signs of what they truly are from the inside. It’s just life. It’s just experience.

I base my understanding of this situation on the following:

-Rizwan is an opportunist. He waited for the right opportunity and platform to voice his opinion.
+the opportunity presented itself to him when he scored runs in a dead rubber, whilst Saim Ayub has had his 4th string of low scores, Fakhar Zaman failed to create an impact and Sahibzada Farhan had a forgettable first outing. So all of his competition failed to contribute whilst he did contribute, but effectively his contribution was also worthless.

-Rizwan knows who to address when taking his opportunity. By using words such as ‘awaam’, Rizwan knows that there is a contingent of people who will glorify everything he does or says. For instance, we do not need to look outside of this forum: there are people who just wanted Rizwan to score more than 8 runs in the Boxing Day Test to argue that he is a better keeper/batsman option than Sarfaraz, who managed 7 runs in Gabba. Hence, scoring 90 runs after three low scores (in which Pakistan lost the series and every match was important) is a gigantic contribution for his die hard supporters and will amplify the agenda that he wants to be driven through them.

*these views of Rizwan were not expressed by him before the 3 matches or once during them.
@mominsaigol

Rizwan is too easy to read. He’s not very intelligent and that’s why he gives away too much
I mean tell that to his fans and the millions who he's fooled, people think rizwan and misbah are the 2 most respected and nicest cricketers to ever exist.

I mean tell that to his fans and the millions who he's fooled, people think rizwan and misbah are the 2 most respected and nicest cricketers to ever exist.
Tbh he isn’t a bad person. He’s a good Muslim who has solid faith in God

But it’s not like he doesn’t know how to rile people up for his cause. He knows he has a power over gullible people and knows how to use it to his advantage

So what's the team now?

1) Babar( C)
2) Rizwan (wk)
3) Saim
4) Fakhar
5) Shadab
6) Chacha
7) Nawaz
8) Usama
9) Shaheen
10) Naseem
11) Ali

???

The Rizbar partnership has to be the most harmful thing bestowed on Pakistan cricket, in my opinion worse than the match fixing scandal.

Before Rizbar we had a team that prioritised unity over individuality. We could compete with the big boys on the big stage and were slowly developing into a top class team as seen with our 2019 world cup results as well as drawing a series vs Eng - the same England team that beat India 4-1.

However when Rizwan stole Saifi's spot in the team that is when our downfall began. Straightway with Rizwan as keeper we went on to lose our first series vs England in 10 years, lost multiple games to Zimbabwe and got bullied both by England and Australia at home

Honestly I would be happy to keep Babar in the team as long as he does not have any positions of leadership, however Rizwan must be blacklisted from the international team and be given an ultimation to either retire or do a complete 180 with regards to his attitude

The Rizbar partnership has to be the most harmful thing bestowed on Pakistan cricket, in my opinion worse than the match fixing scandal.

Before Rizbar we had a team that prioritised unity over individuality. We could compete with the big boys on the big stage and were slowly developing into a top class team as seen with our 2019 world cup results as well as drawing a series vs Eng - the same England team that beat India 4-1.

However when Rizwan stole Saifi's spot in the team that is when our downfall began. Straightway with Rizwan as keeper we went on to lose our first series vs England in 10 years, lost multiple games to Zimbabwe and got bullied both by England and Australia at home

Honestly I would be happy to keep Babar in the team as long as he does not have any positions of leadership, however Rizwan must be blacklisted from the international team and be given an ultimation to either retire or do a complete 180 with regards to his attitude
Too much truth bro, the world isn't ready to handle these truth bombs.

The duo of Babar and Rizwan has scored bulk of the team runs in the last two editions of T20 World Cup for Pakistan - 59.04% in 2021 and 30.32% in 2022.

Will 2024 be their partnership year as well?

The duo of Babar and Rizwan has scored bulk of the team runs in the last two editions of T20 World Cup for Pakistan - 59.04% in 2021 and 30.32% in 2022.

Will 2024 be their partnership year as well?
Yes,

If we have accepted we are going to lose no matter what.

Tough luck sarfraz hopefully you have better luck in Ramadan cup against the likes of wing 999, momin seeds etc. After being humiliated in PSL I hope things are better in your own league where some players won't even get into the 4th club team. Sarfraz is not off to a great start after scoring a mammoth 7 off 9 balls against one of the 4th teams. May Allah make it easy for you in this month of Ramadan. I say pray a lot during the 10 days in hope of scoring some runs against Ao hospital or wing 999.

This is all comes under Misbah. He was the one who came up with this idea.

The hard truth is Misbah actually did more damage to Pakistan cricket than the spot fixing scandal that took place.

Rizbabar combo should not be coming back now as Babar is captain again. Please we should move on now. I know that their combo was a successful one Pakistan had but we have not won a single tournament under this combo. Since Rizwan has declined now, Pakistan should move on from him as well. I think Saim and Babar should be tried in first place.

The hard truth is Misbah actually did more damage to Pakistan cricket than the spot fixing scandal that took place.
Misbah's iconic decisions.

1) Make Imran Farhat his Ct opener and a debutant his VC.

2) Make asad shafiq his permanent no 3.

3) Make Ahmed shehzad and nasir jamshed his full time openers.

4) Make umar akmal his full time wk over an already established keeper like sarfraz.

5) Put hafeez out to opening while discarding malik altogether

6) Make Azhar Ali, a guy who hasn't played in 4 years his successor.

7) Make babar and rizwan opening combo a reality.

8) Send kushdil shad and chacha in a super over causing us to lose to Zimbabwe.

9) Randomly bring usman khan shinwari to international after a domestic bowling spell.

10) Drop fawad alam your highest runnscorer in 2014 for Younis Khan.

11) Remove Sharjeel for 0 reason.

Honestly I have way more but I'm tired cause I already wrote the team analysis thread. I can't type much atm

Misbah's iconic decisions.

1) Make Imran Farhat his Ct opener and a debutant his VC.

2) Make asad shafiq his permanent no 3.

3) Make Ahmed shehzad and nasir jamshed his full time openers.

4) Make umar akmal his full time wk over an already established keeper like sarfraz.

5) Put hafeez out to opening while discarding malik altogether

6) Make Azhar Ali, a guy who hasn't played in 4 years his successor.

7) Make babar and rizwan opening combo a reality.

8) Send kushdil shad and chacha in a super over causing us to lose to Zimbabwe.

9) Randomly bring usman khan shinwari to international after a domestic bowling spell.

10) Drop fawad alam your highest runnscorer in 2014 for Younis Khan.

11) Remove Sharjeel for 0 reason.

Honestly I have way more but I'm tired cause I already wrote the team analysis thread. I can't type much atm
You are right but this is not the right thread to discuss Misbah and his blunders.

Last edited:
During a Q/A session on his YouTube channel, when asked about the opening pair in T20Is for Pakistan, Ramiz Raja still believes that Mohammad Rizwan and Babar Azam are the best in the business:

"Our batting lineup requires greater clarity in terms of batting positions. If there is confusion, inconsistency and fluctuating performances will follow. The first two batters are crucial, serving as the fulcrum, especially in T20 cricket, as they provide the initial spark and foundation. If there's uncertainty there, it puts immense pressure on the middle and late-middle order, often leading to a loss of control over the game. Therefore, I advocate for consistency in the opening pair. The two best and most reliable batters should open the innings, adapting to the situation accordingly. It's my wish that Pakistan achieves a score of 110 within the first six overs. However, this might not be possible due to our limited batting resources. We require an opening pair capable of playing six overs and scoring 60-50 runs without losing wickets. This sets the stage for Pakistan to showcase its best cricket. Consolidation and scoring runs are essential, hence the importance of finding the best opening pair. In my opinion, Mohammad Rizwan and Babar Azam still fit the bill."

During a Q/A session on his YouTube channel, when asked about the opening pair in T20Is for Pakistan, Ramiz Raja still believes that Mohammad Rizwan and Babar Azam are the best in the business:

"Our batting lineup requires greater clarity in terms of batting positions. If there is confusion, inconsistency and fluctuating performances will follow. The first two batters are crucial, serving as the fulcrum, especially in T20 cricket, as they provide the initial spark and foundation. If there's uncertainty there, it puts immense pressure on the middle and late-middle order, often leading to a loss of control over the game. Therefore, I advocate for consistency in the opening pair. The two best and most reliable batters should open the innings, adapting to the situation accordingly. It's my wish that Pakistan achieves a score of 110 within the first six overs. However, this might not be possible due to our limited batting resources. We require an opening pair capable of playing six overs and scoring 60-50 runs without losing wickets. This sets the stage for Pakistan to showcase its best cricket. Consolidation and scoring runs are essential, hence the importance of finding the best opening pair. In my opinion, Mohammad Rizwan and Babar Azam still fit the bill."
Well, go ahead

Might as well keep going until these two are active in international cricket. They will continue to slither their way into the opening position one way or another, and not accept that they shouldn’t be playing in those positions.

How many more years? A decade I guess? 10 years of distress. And then hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

“Surely, there is ease after hardship. Aye, Surely there is ease after hardship”.

Why can't babar just be no 3? In all formats? Why can't be a kohli?

Why do we stick to the formula of middle order bats at opening, opening bats in the middle and a next to nothing lower order?

Better to give them lifetime membership to open the innings in T20s and they should be allowed to bat for minimum 15 overs in every inning, they should be considered out only after 15th over. All other batters should come only after 15th over with an accountability of winning the game.

Why can't babar just be no 3? In all formats? Why can't be a kohli?

Why do we stick to the formula of middle order bats at opening, opening bats in the middle and a next to nothing lower order?
Because there’s a lack of faith that Babar thinks he will be replaced by a good opener. He’s rather open than be an early wicket down, rebuilding coming at 3. And to be fair didn’t Kohli open for a bit in t20s?

Even in PZ it wasn’t a question of Babar opening for him. It was whether Haris or Saim should open alongside. First Haris was tried then Saim. Because deep down Babar thinks he’s the best opener out of the three. If he thought Saim-Haris opening was good enough, Babar would have played at 3 himself.

Until these guys succeed in international cricket, that view of Babar’s isn’t going to change.

@PakEngFan

I find it interesting that you responded to this with a laughing emoji.

@Rana I think you might be on to something, when you say this guy is an undercover Misbah fan.

This loser finally sees the light. I'm sure he's regretting removing Misbah now, who was years ahead in strategies and tactics than any of our other captains and coaches

This loser finally sees the light. I'm sure he's regretting removing Misbah now, who was years ahead in strategies and tactics than any of our other captains and coaches
He sees the light because a loser made a loser combination that created a loser cancer situation for pakistan????

He sees the light because a loser made a loser combination that created a loser cancer situation for pakistan????

No, he's seeing the light now three years after Misbah's decision. It takes time for some people

Right…only a guy like Ramiz can see though?

He couldn't earlier and in his showbaazi removed Misbah. Now 3 years later he's supporting Misbah's decison. Maybe he got a new optometrist

Lol. Why would I need to hide my support for misbah over the Internet?

You can't make decisions for yourself because from you there's no Urdu, no English and zero cricketing knowledge. There has to be a reason as to why you seek approval from Misbah's fans and also why you approve of this conservative brand of cricket encompassing accumulators opening for Pakistan in T20Is.

Either you don't understand cricket or you're just a closet Misbah supporter.

Pretty rich coming from someone who was put on a restricted list.

He couldn't earlier and in his showbaazi removed Misbah. Now 3 years later he's supporting Misbah's decison. Maybe he got a new optometrist
It’s like the blind supporting the blind I’m afraid.

It’s like the blind supporting the blind I’m afraid.

But Ramiz didn't support Misbah earlier. And after Misbah's ouster we've had numerous coaches, foreign consultants and chairmen. None changed the opening pair so is all of the cricketing fraternity blind?

But Ramiz didn't support Misbah earlier. And after Misbah's ouster we've had numerous coaches, foreign consultants and chairmen. None changed the opening pair so is all of the cricketing fraternity blind?
So what’s the right thing to do? Bring Misbah back and keep him for 10 years?

💯 he knows how to get the best out of our limited resources
Good luck with that. Pray to the Almighty for this to happen. Who knows, you will get your wish? Let’s see this unfold for your sake

You can't make decisions for yourself because from you there's no Urdu, no English and zero cricketing knowledge. There has to be a reason as to why you seek approval from Misbah's fans and also why you approve of this conservative brand of cricket encompassing accumulators opening for Pakistan in T20Is.

Either you don't understand cricket or you're just a closet Misbah supporter.

Pretty rich coming from someone who was put on a restricted list.
Very rich coming from saying I can't make decision for myself when you use rana as a reference for your blind hate for rizwan and Babar.

I don't seek anyone's approval. It is you who is tagging your mates non stop. You will hardly find a post from me tagging poster for my support.

I rather not have cricketing knowledge then think that 25 of Imad was match winning lol. The irony of you questioning someone knowledge.

Not sure what's that's got to do with your childish assumption that I am hiding my support for misbah.

Very rich coming from saying I can't make decision for myself when you use rana as a reference for your blind hate for rizwan and Babar.

I don't seek anyone's approval. It is you who is tagging your mates non stop. You will hardly find a post from me tagging poster for my support.

I rather not have cricketing knowledge then think that 25 of Imad was match winning lol. The irony of you questioning someone knowledge.

Not sure what's that's got to do with your childish assumption that I am hiding my support for misbah.
Yes bro you are the Tupac of this forum

“Imma self made Millionaare!!”

Tbf, Topspin is one of the best posters here. I actually learn a lot from him, it’s not the other way round. Good posters appreciate good cricketing thoughts. We don’t try to dissuade people with ‘blind hate” as you say. We have power in our arguments because they are based on cricket experience.

Yes bro you are the Tupac of this forum

“Imma self made Millionaare!!”

Tbf, Topspin is one of the best posters here. I actually learn a lot from him, it’s not the other way round. Good posters appreciate good cricketing thoughts. We don’t try to dissuade people with ‘blind hate” as you say. We have power in our arguments because they are based on cricket experience.
Yeah I have seen power in your arguments such as asif Ali is better Babar. Zeeshan ashraf is better than rizwan. If you think these guys are better then those 2. Good for you. For other people it's not but blind hate. It's like me saying Junaid Khan is better than dale steyn.

It's like me saying Junaid Khan is better than dale steyn.
Go ahead and say it if that’s what you truly believe in. What’s stopping you? There is no restriction on expressing your cricketing thoughts.

Just remember, anything you say out of spite will come back to haunt you. You have experienced this a lot quite recently

Look everyone knows you were one of the biggest advocates for the Babar and Rizwan opening combination in T20Is. Whenever someone would post their reservations about this, you would end up hurling abuse at that poster. A good number of comments were deleted by mods because you couldn't handle other posters having an opinion that differed to yours.

Rana was the first to disapprove his the Babar/Rizwan opening combination. What you don't know is that I only agreed with his perspective until the horror show from your beloved opening combo in the 2022 Asia Cup Final. I moved on and saw the light, you haven't.

Having seen your posts, I'm not sure if you even know how to use a keyboard.

Go ahead and say it if that’s what you truly believe in. What’s stopping you? There is no restriction on expressing your cricketing thoughts.

Just remember, anything you say out of spite will come back to haunt you. You have experienced this a lot quite recently
Lol why would I believe that? It something you believe. What has comeback to bit me? Imad performing after failing million times? I think you are talking about yourself. Just revisit some of the thread and see what happened.

Look everyone knows you were one of the biggest advocates for the Babar and Rizwan opening combination in T20Is. Whenever someone would post their reservations about this, you would end up hurling abuse at that poster. A good number of comments were deleted by mods because you couldn't handle other posters having an opinion that differed to yours.

Rana was the first to disapprove his the Babar/Rizwan opening combination. What you don't know is that I only agreed with his perspective until the horror show from your beloved opening combo in the 2022 Asia Cup Final. I moved on and saw the light, you haven't.

Having seen your posts, I'm not sure if you even know how to use a keyboard.
You have got it all wrong once again. I have always maintained that when someone better comes along give them a go instead. Saim clearly has the potential and needs to be given opportunities hence it should be him and Babar. The problem is when people suggest absurd suggestions is what I disagree with.

My account was restricted because of the unfairness from the mods. There have been a lot worse posts than mine. I didn't hurl abuse maybe you know why I have testicles access. Can you tell me the reason? Once again you are making false assumptions.

As I said you Shouldn't be telling other people to make decisions from themselves when rana makes them for you. Can you get his approval and answer this question. Is zeeshan ashraf better than rizwan?

Yeah I have seen power in your arguments

You need to learn how to conduct yourself before throwing insults to one of the GOATs, who's made years of huge contributions to this forum.

Have you ever wondered why he does the previews and post-series analyses? His insight is invaluable and this is evident by the fact that he was also the first to expose the flaws with the Babar/Rizwan opening combo before everyone followed suit.

The only thing you're known for here is for calling out Imad as a poor man's Nawaz which backfired on your face in both this year's PSL and also in last year's PSL as well.

You need to learn how to conduct yourself before throwing insults to one of the GOATs, who's made years of huge contributions to this forum.

Have you ever wondered why he does the previews and post-series analyses? His insight is invaluable and this is evident by the fact that he was also the first to expose the flaws with the Babar/Rizwan opening combo before everyone followed suit.

The only thing you're known for here is for calling out Imad as a poor man's Nawaz which backfired on your face in both this year's PSL and also in last year's PSL as well.
Lol at GOAT's ? The guy who thinks Asif Ali is better than Babar. I stick by that Imad is poor man's nawaz. Nawaz has far more potential than Imad. What are you known for? Imad 25 runs are match winning?

@Rana :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I haven't seen much of Zeeshan Ashraf so I can't agree/disagree on whether he's better than Rizwan.
He’s a decent player, good touch player like Sam Davies from Surrey…the one who opened for England in the 2010 series against Pakistan in ODI. Not looked after by the PCB because there was an agenda to push Rizwan above all.

@Rana :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I haven't seen much of Zeeshan Ashraf so I can't agree/disagree on whether he's better than Rizwan.
So you think a guy who can make domestic teams could be better than rizwan. I know you don't want to displease you master. I understand it's not easy.

So you think a guy who can make domestic teams could be better than rizwan. I know you don't want to displease you master. I understand it's not easy.
Oh bhai take it easy. It’s not that deep. Chill out, enjoy life and cricket. We are not Palestine and Israel. You seem to think we are in a war.

Eye test is also important. It's not just about stats and who's been treated more favourably.

Do you know who Imran Nazir is?

Lol at GOAT's ? The guy who thinks Asif Ali is better than Babar. I stick by that Imad is poor man's nawaz. Nawaz has far more potential than Imad. What are you known for? Imad 25 runs are match winning?

Don’t forget Mohammed Siraj is better than peak Waqar Younis according to the same guy.

So even if Babar/Rizwan thrash his team as openers, oh wait, 152-0 they did, or if Babar/Rizwan score centuries, there will always be someone better according to Indian haters of Babar/Rizwan, even if they’re not conceived yet.

Oh bhai take it easy. It’s not that deep. Chill out, enjoy life and cricket. We are not Palestine and Israel. You seem to think we are in a war.
The guy accuses others but when it comes to him he can't answer anything.

Back