Zimbabwe v Bangladesh | 1st Test | Harare | Apr 17-21, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid zimbabwe batting again. This was a golden oppurtunity to win by an innings :facepalm:

pitch is great for any bowler, add to that slow outfield. Zimbabwe batted brilliantly at the end, I doubt that pakistan or WI could have posted anywhere around 400 in such a pitch.

Against Zimbabwe??? You must be trolling.

Against Zimbabwe??? You must be trolling.

Zimbabwe pace battery look really good. In this sort of pitch lots of team will struggle to score that much runs. Yes zimbabwe got a lot of umpiring decisions, and drop catches in their favour but they did well to score something over 375.

Rubbish comment.

You should look at the amount of time taken for some other teams to be competitive. SL should not be the benchmark for all upcoming teams. And unlike India and Pakistan, we did not have similar facilities and first class structure and as a result we struggled. And one probably has lost count of the number of times we were deprived of wins thanks to umpiring blunders. Yes, fairer umpiring would not have won us too many games, but it would atleast give us confidence had we won those few odd matches we should have won.

Its better to admit that cricket is a difficult sport to master, especially test cricket. This is one reason why test cricket will not live long among the masses.

Mate, perspective.

You're playing against Zimbabwe - who play half a test a year and have next to no funding. And have got a contract dispute running to boot.

And you're losing two in a row.

Sure, I'd love to see Bangladesh win a test, but if it's not happening against Zimbabwe on numerous opportunities, when and against whom can we hope to witness the event?

Mate, perspective.

You're playing against Zimbabwe - who play half a test a year and have next to no funding. And have got a contract dispute running to boot.

And you're losing two in a row.

Sure, I'd love to see Bangladesh win a test, but if it's not happening against Zimbabwe on numerous opportunities, when and against whom can we hope to witness the event?

And so our performances against SL were a fluke?

Today was just a horrible day for us. This is the same team that got out for 58 and 78 in the world cup, so we all know that things could have been worse.

Bangladesh lol

Do like Taylor and Jarvis as players.

I think Zimbos have more than enough lead here already despite being 16/2 in 2nd inns. Bangladesh getting raped here!

102/1 to 134 all out by bangla pure and utter disgrace interms of a collapse! Including 5 wickets for 0 runs!

Bangla special. 0 runs 5 wicket & we thought they were getting better.

Hahaha...edited it now. I meant 134.
Lost 5 wickets for 0 runs
Take that :D

HAHHAA Then again Bangladesh might be able to do that hahaahhaha

They never gone forward , so might as well do back wards
:yk:yk:yk:yk

I am surprised PCB were begging Bangaldesh for a cricket series in Pakistan :facepalm:

Comeon, BD, get zimbabwe batsman out ASAP so that we can display another legendary collapse

How badly I want to see Bangaldesh vs Ireland test match.

teams like this are awful in alien conditions. bangledesh would lose in ireland but ireland would be clueless in bangla. im almost certain zim would lose in bangla too.

Even if Zimbos get 175 it will be beyond BD's reach. Embarassing really.

But great from Zimbos. First aim is to do decently at home. Then be decent away. One step at a time.

teams like this are awful in alien conditions. bangledesh would lose in ireland but ireland would be clueless in bangla. im almost certain zim would lose in bangla too.

ditto

that is the problem with test cricket. Australia thrashed India 4-0 at home, got thrashed by India 4-0 while touring India.

We would get a clearer picture after comparing the performance of both teams once they have toured each other

very aggressive captaincy by Mushfique, where was it in the first innings? We could have got them all out under 300 if the field was more defensive

Wow test cricket has its pleasures, and this is turning out to be one of those memorable games ,

all thanks to BNAGLA

fiery spell by the bangladeshi dale steyn-Robiul Islam, allready 6 wickets in this match.

comeon shakib, do something for Bangladesh. Had he skipped that tamasha league named BPL he would have been fit right now and we would not have been in this position

Anything from here's a bonus. Doesn't matter if Zimbabwe is 37/4 (which makes you wonder why did Bangladesh restrict them first innings). Already too much on the board.

Kind of shocked. Bangladesh IMO I thought to be a stronger team than Zimbabwe. They still probably are, but surprised how Zimbabwe are winning. And easily too. But then again Zimbabwe did beat Bangladesh in the ODI series too, so maybe they drew confidence from that.

Feel sorry for Bangladesh but a win at home would be great for Zimbabwe get a test win. Would be their first since their comeback to test cricket.

Anything from here's a bonus. Doesn't matter if Zimbabwe is 37/4 (which makes you wonder why did Bangladesh restrict them first innings). Already too much on the board.

Kind of shocked. Bangladesh IMO I thought to be a stronger team than Zimbabwe. They still probably are, but surprised how Zimbabwe are winning. And easily too. But then again Zimbabwe did beat Bangladesh in the ODI series too, so maybe they drew confidence from that.

Feel sorry for Bangladesh but a win at home would be great for Zimbabwe get a test win. Would be their first since their comeback to test cricket.

Been there done that. Also against Bangladesh, 2011.

Its a shame that we dropped Mominul who scored runs in the test against SL, not to mention was wrongly adjudged out twice. Hopefully, tamim and mominul will come back and replace some of them.

Jahurul, on the other hand, is no better than sarfaraz ahmed.(jahurul can keep)

Robiul Islam has nearly 200 wickets @ less than 30 the piece in FC cricket, so why the selectors persist with the likes of Rubel Hossain who has 50 wickets @ 60 ?!
How do you expect him to do well in the intl. arena if he already has bad figures in domestic cricket ? :l

Have Bangla boys finally found a decent pacer? Mashrafe was promising but got finished by injuries. Too soon to tell but Robiul seems promising.

Robiul looks like a good prospect. Already 9 wickets in the match.

Mashrafee was an extremely talented pace bowler. Probably the only world class bowler BD produced but injury ruined his career.

Zimbos cannot lose this game after getting 400+ lead.

Cremer and Taylor have put the game firmly in their bag.

Next time we host zimbabwe we should not arrange any practice matches for them and also we will send them to 2 star hotels with water problems just like this tour

oh lord Bangladesh is awful. They can't even compete against Zimbabwe.

Oh so BD are losing this match because of the hotel they lived in. I am sure this BD team can whitewash South Africa if they are given practise matches and 5-star hotels.

Next time we host zimbabwe we should not arrange any practice matches for them and also we will send them to 2 star hotels with water problems just like this tour

great strategy ...may be you guys need to train & play better too ,it might help !

Oh so BD are losing this match because of the hotel they lived in. I am sure this BD team can whitewash South Africa if they are given practise matches and 5-star hotels.
Good one ....some people have all the excuses in the world. :facepalm:

Oh my ,Oh my what a mess this Bangladesh team is full of you know, well they are team full of you know......need i say more just pitiful to say the least!

They really need to be kicked out of test arena, they do not know how to play longer version of the game and also they are just ruining the game and diluting the statics!!!!!

Why you sorry bro they are getting pasted by a team full of part timers Kudos to Zimbabwe,
Bangladeshi cricketers are joke I thought they will improve nut no they have become clowns now with all the BPL money.

Is that happening?

Why did the board send them there then in the first place? They'd prefer a poor place with not proper water (which could lead to problems/diseases) than Pakistan's hospitality (the security risk would have been small and would have been given extra security)? Not saying that Bangladesh should have come to Pakistan, but most teams would have refused to come to both. But seems a bit strange the players would be willing to go to the trouble of going to Zimbabwe with those conditions but not to Pakistan.

I haven't heard other teams reporting conditions like that in Zimbabwe. Didn't hear of Pakistan complaints when we went there. Serious issue if that's true.

Surely BCB must have known what conditions Zimbabwe were going to provide. If they didn't that's really lazy/poor work by the BCB there.

New Zealand - a touchy western side, toured Bangladesh, probably were spread out in the same accommodation, and did the job. Tight game, but they won it. And the one-day series too, if I remember it right.

Bottomline, Zimbabwe is a really poor country. The average facilities out there are the norm, and not any institutional policy by ZC to poison Bangladeshi cricketers, or whatever the conspiracy theory above implies.

Bangladesh just keeps reinforcing the fact that they are the least deserving Test-Status country in the game.

Other than the usual pathetic display by the Bang bros the excuses are lolworthy. Time to strip bangers of their Test status and hand it over to Zimbos or Irish.

Taylor

Two centuries in one Test, he becomes the third Zimbabwean after the Flower brothers to achieve that feat, and the first Zimbabwe captain

Well this is sad to see. I thought Bangla had improved a fair bit especially with the bat after seeing the way they went about their business in the recent SL Test series. They did fall apart in the 2nd Test even when there was only just a hint of assistance for the bowlers so I guess it's the flat tracks that actually made their bats look good. They have been at it for over 12 years now so really they should be doing way better than this. I think Zim before all the political turmoil won a Test series against both Pak and India within 6 or 7 years of gaining Test status.

Just had a look at Zim Test record and they actually won a Test against Pak just a couple of years after getting their Test status. Bangla hasn't been able to win a Test against a top side for over 12 years now.

This is a sad day for Bangladesh cricket. That will teach them to refuse playing in Pakistan (Not sure how but it will).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back