Zimbabwe v Bangladesh | 1st Test | Harare | Apr 17-21, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veekay

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
Surprisingly, Zimbabwe squad for 1st test which is starting on 17th is yet not announced .What is happening ?
I had thought if host prepare a green track,it should be a good contest as they have couple of decent pacers but this is really puzzling .

I remember last time around the Bangladeshis got thrashed. Even when Zimbabwe were playing their first game for many years.

Rooting for the underdog. (Not often you can say it's not Bangladesh)

:p

Bangladesh have a good chance to beat Zimbabwe this time around.

Still, go Zimbabwe!

just now found out it is a contract thing .... Zimbabwe's cricketers are considering a boycott ahead of their series against Bangladesh in protest against unsatisfactory payments from their board. A source close to the players told ESPNcricinfo that non-centrally contracted players may not play in an upcoming warm-up match between Zimbabwe's cricketers, "to contest ZC's offer of a daily allowance" instead of a winter contract.
The latest setback comes 10 days before Zimbabwe begin a series against Bangladesh, and threatens to disrupt their preparations. Although a large number of the players involved in the upcoming series are contracted to the board and do not have the same financial concerns, they are expected to support those on the fringes who have asked for winter contracts and been denied.

All the zimbabwe players have signed contracts but few are threatening to not sign it if they are not given proper contracts next time around.

We will be missing tamim in the first test and :shakib wont bowl in the first test and that BD will get time to get used to the conditions because they did not play a practice match.....it will be a good contest.

But the next few matches should go in our way, lets see what happens

Bangladesh v India in ODI games is another instance. :)

India are a much better team thatn BD in ODIs. The problem is that BD pace attack has gone down the drain in recent times. If mashrafee, shahadat, rubel performed as the used to few years ago then it we could have a good chance.

I wonder what figures shahadat would have against kohli, 10-0-150-0

India are a much better team thatn BD in ODIs. The problem is that BD pace attack has gone down the drain in recent times. If mashrafee, shahadat, rubel performed as the used to few years ago then it we could have a good chance.

I wonder what figures shahadat would have against kohli, 10-0-150-0

Dude, you beat us on two out of three occasions every (sporadic) time we meet.

Sweet finally some cricket!.. or not...

Last edited:
All the zimbabwe players have signed contracts but few are threatening to not sign it if they are not given proper contracts next time around.

We will be missing tamim in the first test and :shakib wont bowl in the first test and that BD will get time to get used to the conditions because they did not play a practice match.....it will be a good contest.

But the next few matches should go in our way, lets see what happens

do you think a draw is on offer here ?

Pressure on Bangla after a mammoth result on Galle highway...........:p

I'm shocked this is the only international series right now. Also great to see fans of other teams keen on in this low key series or are they worried about something?

I doubt Bangladesh will win this 2-0 that's a bit too much for that format against any team. If they do play well than they should just about take this 1-0 but it will be very tough. They have to win all the ODI and T20 matches though.

Did they changed the schedule? I'm pretty sure T20's and ODI's were to be played before tests.

I dont think this series will find any column anywhere, while IPL on the way.
Still.. good luck for this least loving format & minnows for their hardship to arrange it.

read : players and their contract situation
Centrally contracted players who are part of the current squad:
Brendan Taylor (capt), Vusi Sibanda, Hamilton Masakadza, Malcolm Waller, Kyle Jarvis, Brian Vitori, Elton Chigumbura, Prosper Utseya, Graeme Cremer, Ray Price
Players with winter contracts in the current squad:
Tendai Chatara, Michael Chinouya, Keegan Meth, Natsai M'shangwe, Tinotenda Mutombodzi, Timycen Maruma, Shingirai Masakadza, Richmond Mutumbami
Not contracted:
Craig Ervine, Charles Coventry, Edward Rainsford, Tawanda Mupariwa, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Chamu Chibhabha
Not considered because of injury:
Chris Mpofu, Tino Mawoyo

Our pace attack me be "toothless", but Zimbabwe bowling lineup is literally toothless :yk

Great start from our pace bowlers. 2 wickets in 18 overs seemed a bit too less, we could have gotten more wickets had we held onto our catches and umpires gave a decision in our favour

Dull voices, lack of cricketing knowledge and biased commentary

Its as if these comms dont know about any BD player apart from mushy, tamim, shakib. :facepalm:

ten cricket is showing here in SC. Dont think sky sports will want to broadcast this series

The commentary is so bad. Surprisingly Athar Ali Khan isn't here (good thing) and Zim main commies Pom and AC are not coming back from IPL (don't blame them).

Robiul Islam looks really impressive when the pitch has something for him.

Nice movement on offer ....any semi-decent attack would have had Zim 5 down by lunch .

Our bowler bowled exceptionally well, especially robiul and enamul haq Jr.

But thanks to the jhonty rhodes we have on the field, our bowlers were deprived off more wickets

The problem is not about slow batting. Our bowlers were bowling well, infact a bit too well as a result beating the outside edge several times, add to that, zimbabwe should have been 121-5 but they ended up at 121-3 courtesy of drop catches.

Supporting Zimbabwe here as they are better side.

How are zimbabwe better than us? They had a disastrous tour of West Indies as opposed to Bangladesh who made lanka sweat really hard without key players.

Anyone showing this in the UK. I can't stand the IPL circus and this would be a good battle.

Happy to see the IPL thread has more posts in it then a test match thread

How does it make a Pakistani happy?

images

A balanced first day but really Bangladesh ruined the chance of bowling them out for less than 200. 3 drop catches 1 which was off Taylor and a wicket which resulted in a no ball for stepping over the line is unacceptable at this level. Unless they can get early wickets tomorrow, Zimbabwe will post over 350 but given the nature of the pitch as the day has gone on, its getting easier for batting and can only see Bangladesh racking up another high score like they did against Sri Lanka and West Indies.

Can we agree/say that this test series would prove who's a better side?

Why on earth is Rubel in the side? Bowling average of 75 in tests and bowling average of 50 in fc.

I can understand 30 or even 35 but, 75? Seriously and today I heard he was bowling at 110 :)))

Drop him for real please.

I said this before and will say again - Bangladesh cannot play cricket. Fans might quote 1 or 2 good matches, but the fact is they don't deserve test status.

Things to keep in mind. Bangladesh did not PLAY A SINGLE PRACTICE match prior to this series, thats how pathetic a host zimbabwe have been. Also, shakib wont be able to bowl in this match and tamim is also out due to injury so we can say that we are not at full strength.

Can we make a conclusion that India are a better team than Australia when they whitewashed Aus at home? I think this match is in the balance, and probably might end up with a draw. If BD win the test and ODI series, then we can conclude that we are the superior team given that we are the visitors and we dont have the advantage. Imagine Zimbabwe winning this test match, fans will start saying that zimbabwe are the better team, but if the same team were playing against us at our turf they would have been steam-rolled.

I said this before and will say again - Bangladesh cannot play cricket. Fans might quote 1 or 2 good matches, but the fact is they don't deserve test status.

Did we play poorly in this match so far? Not really. Our bowlers bowled well though fielders dropped catches. A lot of umpiring decisions went against us as usual, though nowhere as outrageous as that in SL series. At the end of the day, we did not leak too many runs which meant our bowlers bowled pretty well. Make a judgement after the entire series ends :afridi

Why on earth is Rubel in the side? Bowling average of 75 in tests and bowling average of 50 in fc.

I can understand 30 or even 35 but, 75? Seriously and today I heard he was bowling at 110 :)))

Drop him for real please.

are you saying that shahadat should play instead? :)))

Lol he is equally rubbish maybe a touch better but Rubel is rubbish personified. Even his name suggests that.

Rubel actually has done slightly better than Shahadat. Rubel bowled a Dale steyn like spell when he had both new balls in his hand(was crap when ball got old). Shahadat would have been bowling at 120KPH which would not be threatening by any stretch of the imagination.

The issue is, 3 of our favourable pace bowlers, nazmul hossain, shafiul islam and mashrafee are out due to injury.

Saqib hasn't bowled, is he part injured?

A good day for Zim, anywhere near 400 will give them a good chance to pressure Bangaldesh for victory.

Things to keep in mind. Bangladesh did not PLAY A SINGLE PRACTICE match prior to this series, thats how pathetic a host zimbabwe have been.
How is that Zimbabwe's fault? Your board should have arranged for the practice matches.
Also, shakib wont be able to bowl in this match and tamim is also out due to injury so we can say that we are not at full strength.
Excuses

Can we make a conclusion that India are a better team than Australia when they whitewashed Aus at home? I think this match is in the balance, and probably might end up with a draw. If BD win the test and ODI series, then we can conclude that we are the superior team given that we are the visitors and we dont have the advantage. Imagine Zimbabwe winning this test match, fans will start saying that zimbabwe are the better team, but if the same team were playing against us at our turf they would have been steam-rolled.
So what you're saying is If Bangladesh wins they're a superior team if Zimbabwe wins that's because they're playing at home.. Doesn't make sense.

Did we play poorly in this match so far? Not really. Our bowlers bowled well though fielders dropped catches. A lot of umpiring decisions went against us as usual, though nowhere as outrageous as that in SL series. At the end of the day, we did not leak too many runs which meant our bowlers bowled pretty well. Make a judgement after the entire series ends :afridi
I am not saying if you have poorly or not. You're getting defensive for no reasons.

Cricinfo says it is a 2-paced pitch . I thought it offered help to semaers & thats it . Does any one think this is a dicey wicket ?

justcrazy,are you watching it live ? if yes,do you think this is a result wicket ?

270 / 6

If Zim can add another 75 runs , it would be tough chase for BD in last innings.

justcrazy,are you watching it live ? if yes,do you think this is a result wicket ?

I guess so , there would be result , the pitch will not be easy to bat on last 2 days . Also depends on batting, I think if Zim bowl in right areas ....... they can make things happen.

looking at the assistance on offer to pacers, i would say all 4 sessions belonged to Zimbabwe .
285/6 in 120 overs at lunch,day 2 .

someone please fgs ban this tony hill from umpiring BD matches :facepalm: I think there were 2-3 decisions that should have went our way but we were denied.

Anyway, zimboks batting quite patiently but I dont see anything but a draw resulting considering the fact that zimbabwe have scored very few runs in 120 overs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back