Zimbabwe XI v Pakistanis | Bulawayo | Aug 28-29 | Tour Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bowling for 1st test

Junaid khan
Aizaz cheema
Yasir shah
Ajmal
not sure Aizaz cheema will play before Sohail Khan. He only bowled 8 overs while Sohail Khan bowled 17 overs. Fitness issue may be.

Junaid has done well which is good to see. I really hope sohail khan and cheema step up to the plate if they play in test match. We cant afford any embrassing results.

4 wickets for Junaid, good news, he's only going to get better and better :D

As expected they couldn't pick Ajmal's doosra, two slip catches for Younis (I'm guessing).

Dissapointing from Sohail Khan, he needs to come back well.

Lols alt the wickets have been either bowled, LBW or caught by Younis

As expected they couldn't pick Ajmal's doosra, two slip catches for Younis (I'm guessing).

Dissapointing from Sohail Khan, he needs to come back well.

he seems to have bowled without luck his economy rate is pretty good, i just have doubts about :cheema 's fitness

good stuff by junaid and yasir, two quicks two spinners for mine. aizaz junaid yasir and saeed, should do the job.

And misbah is an insult to cricket

What a childish and immature remark, but I wouldn't really expect anything else from you.

Who was nominated for the ICC test team of the year recently?

Check out his stats since he returned to test cricket.

I think you need to wake up a bit and actually think before you post.

If cheema is fit I would certainly go with him over tanvir and Sohail khan....

But with yasir's shah's good performance it is hard to go with 3 pacers and 1 spinners

Good comeback from the bowlers. All the wicket takers should be the part of starting XI.

S. Khan and Tanvir would warm the bench by the look of it.

I hope Umar doesn't get dropped for Shafiq on the test match.. I hope not.. Sohail Khan should be dropped for maybe Sohail Tanvir?

It's only a warm up match, Ruri.

You will definitely see our batting prowess in the actual game. :misbah

So thats it, bit of an anti-climax because it is only 2 days but meh, not too fussed about the poor batting display, when did Pakistan ever take warm-ups seriously ? Just the way we like it however the Zimbabwe Test squad is much stronger than the makeshift one that played today, they are making a lot of progress and even beat Pakistan last year in the T20 WC warm-up so underestimate them at our peril.

Misbah :))

Well bowled Junaid. :14: From the looks of it, it will be an evenly-contested Test. :D

What a childish and immature remark, but I wouldn't really expect anything else from you.

Who was nominated for the ICC test team of the year recently?

Check out his stats since he returned to test cricket.

I think you need to wake up a bit and actually think before you post.

With all due respect Saj, I have a feeling you pay a lot of attention on stats alone without accounting for the in game situation, because misbah might have done well statistically but his game play in certain match situations is questionable. I don't mind him playing slow, but at least rotate the strike instead of playing out dots after dot and increasing the pressure on the teammate on the other end. You might say that in test one can play slow, i do agree with you on that point BUT even in test matches if one plays out too much dots in a row, it creates pressure on him and the other player in the partnership.

Just to stress, it is not test matches where I have issue with him that much, but he certainly needs to change his game play in ODI though for the betterment of Pakistan cricket rather than his own stats, because at the end of day, its the team won by pakistan that matters.

Just to add, I don't really rate too highly how people perform in practice games, so don't think im deriving my argument based on the practice math, I am talking about his game play in general

Last edited:
And thats why I said we also need Moyo in the team.

No Gul and no Riaz :facepalm:

Am not to worried about middle order i think they will always score runs.

Hafeez to me looks very poor as opener at moment and unless we improve it means farhat will have to come back in.

Taufeeq has been solid on return but needs to push on. To many times hes started of scoring well and then just goes into his shell to much.

with alot of cricket coming up we need a decent pairing as openers in Test matches.

Yeah looks as though Junaid may have developed the in-swinger to the right handers, good to see.

Misbah-ul-Haq* c Waller b Lamb 0 36 0 0 0.00

:)))

Bohat Nazuk Surat-E-Haal hai

Last edited:
Well played by Junaid while the batsman have to improve their performance.

Atleast they didn't muck up the selection of the test team, I would cry if they brought in farhat or sohail tanvir.
I think we need to play 3 pacers though, ajmal and hafeez should be able handle the spin duties, especially since we saw in the BD test the ball swing/seam around.

Time's up for Misbah...

He didn't include him in playing 11.

Misbah should have learnt the lesson from YK/Salman/MoYo/Afridi...

count down started.

Bowlers did well, we need to get the batting back to its best and we should nail the first Test.

Time's up for Misbah...

He didn't include him in playing 11.

Misbah should have learnt the lesson from YK/Salman/MoYo/Afridi...

count down started.

:))

BZ, you never fail to impress (not in a positive way that is)

Malik baby is missing.

Last edited:
kuptaaan zimbabwe mein fail.....time to improve your stats here everyone....

why is junaid khan bowling 18 over and even sohail khan bowling 17......... not sure iv seen front line fast bowlers bowl so many overs in a warm up, they should cap them at 10 over for fast bowlers. let hafeez and younis bowl long spells

It's only a one test series so no big deal. Overs under the belt are important, especially when they're still having a look at all these bowlers for the first time - bar Ajmal.

Yess no sifarshi Malik in the team...........

Btw this was just a warm up game, nothing raelly serious. Hoping to see Sohail Tanvir play the first game.

Were is the rest of score for the day 2.

did Zimbabwe made only 130 runs today. I think Pak wold have batted again. Lets wait for the scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back